PDA

View Full Version : REMOVING ENCRYPTION FROM WINOLS FILE

pablo1971
27th February, 2011, 10:49 PM
can anyone give me any ideas in removing the encryption from a winols modified file

ale944
28th February, 2011, 12:32 PM
open in any hex editor, find NO READ tag and replace with FFs...

pablo1971
2nd March, 2011, 12:12 PM
thanks for the reply.but how do i find the "THE NO READ TAG"....

del635
2nd March, 2011, 12:59 PM
Open it with ecm and use the hex editor, scroll right to near the end and you'll see 'NO READ' in the asci. Once you do it once..................

ominimicu
2nd March, 2011, 01:18 PM
any hex editor should have an ascii conversion window to the right..look for that string among all those simbols.
select it and you ll se which hex adresses correspond do it. then modify and save. make sure you have a backup copy

exe123
2nd March, 2011, 02:50 PM
that's just for binary files with NO-READ tag.
I guess he is talking about crypted ols-files/bdmtogo that you cannot open.

pablo1971
2nd March, 2011, 03:42 PM
your a star,many thanks to all...

ecuconnection
2nd March, 2011, 11:44 PM
What is NO-READ tag? How does it come about? never seen this before

elektro128
2nd March, 2011, 11:54 PM
send file
Your friends from DK remove protection.
you do not have to think ;)

ecuconnection
3rd March, 2011, 12:02 AM
I have edited thousands of binary files, and have never seen this no read tag... so I am curious to the history behind it

do share

Novik_UA
3rd March, 2011, 01:17 PM
When tuned file is protected you even can't open it in WinOls for compare with ori. Ols will say it's already tuned !

pablo1971
3rd March, 2011, 08:09 PM
read the thread from the begining,i aint no brain surgeon,but with the bit of knowlegde i have and help from dk members i sorted it......:coffin:

del635
4th March, 2011, 12:37 PM
I have edited thousands of binary files, and have never seen this no read tag... so I am curious to the history behind it

do share
When opening the file with winols tick the NOREAD box and the soft puts it in for you.

mariooo
4th March, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hello, could you explain how to encrypt a file with WinOLS? procedure that is used? how to save a file to make it normal encrypted?

scs-mem
4th March, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hello, could you explain how to encrypt a file with WinOLS? procedure that is used? how to save a file to make it normal encrypted?

This is useless,
because files write in ecu with "no read" can be read with other tool different from spi sps,
and ,moreover ,there is crked software that can read too

mariooo
5th March, 2011, 09:18 AM
This is useless,
because files write in ecu with "no read" can be read with other tool different from spi sps,
and ,moreover ,there is crked software that can read too
I know that you can write to the ECU and then encrypted files can be read even if you can not read the edited file to compare with the original .. Perhaps you do with ecusafe? or are there other software that can protect the file to read? the reader should not see the changes made to the map

scs-mem
5th March, 2011, 01:19 PM
"no read" was option for not read file with spi from evc.
If you write file with "no read" ,spi not read but kwp2000 for example will read without problem.

mariooo
5th March, 2011, 01:57 PM
"no read" was option for not read file with spi from evc.
If you write file with "no read" ,spi not read but kwp2000 for example will read without problem.

ok I understand if you write not read not only reads the software to edit the right file?
But if I write in Magneti Marelli ECU bosch or how can I protect my work?
Maybe you want to say that young cock, KWP2000 and others read and write into the ECU with no problems but ECM2001 or WinOLS not see the job done if that says do not read?
How do you protect a file with WinOLS? I can not find how to encrypt the files I changed ...

rappttor
5th March, 2011, 04:30 PM
this idea of bloked tuned file it relatively good, but there arent many methodes to do it custom...however, i know can be erased from the file the hw and sw, so for thouse who doesnt know to much about moded file this can be a verry big problem, and also a trap...

mariooo
5th March, 2011, 07:05 PM
this idea of bloked tuned file it relatively good, but there arent many methodes to do it custom...however, i know can be erased from the file the hw and sw, so for thouse who doesnt know to much about moded file this can be a verry big problem, and also a trap...

normally how you can protect a file changed? You can do a procedure .. you coem to protect it your edited file inpedendo that another even if you read the edited file to copy the increases in the corners?

mariooo
5th March, 2011, 07:05 PM

ormally how you can protect a file changed? You can do a procedure .. you coem your edited file to protect it by preventing another, even if the law can file amended copy increases in the corners?

rappttor
5th March, 2011, 11:18 PM
ormally how you can protect a file changed? You can do a procedure .. you coem your edited file to protect it by preventing another, even if the law can file amended copy increases in the corners?

ENGLISH PLEASE :banghead:

mariooo
6th March, 2011, 07:57 AM
ENGLISH PLEASE :banghead:

could you give an example of protected file? an original file and the original protected file, you can see a sample?

scs-mem
7th March, 2011, 08:36 PM
could you give an example of protected file? an original file and the original protected file, you can see a sample?

For which ecu's you need protection?

mariooo
9th March, 2011, 09:07 AM
For which ecu's you need protection?
would like to protect a couple of files for edc15c7 and c2
OBD reader from my mod does not have to see the changes made

terroristaotavio
26th October, 2016, 04:32 PM
4E 4F 52 45 41 44 23 2C

42 44 4D 32 47 4F 64 2F 23 2C

no read OBD, no read bdm for all tools! reputation for me! thanks

likenoother
31st May, 2017, 08:22 AM
4E 4F 52 45 41 44 23 2C

42 44 4D 32 47 4F 64 2F 23 2C

no read OBD, no read bdm for all tools! reputation for me! thanks

Not Working

I could read by OBD, Jtag

koolstuff
31st May, 2017, 10:03 PM
send file
Your friends from DK remove protection.
you do not have to think ;)

Yeah that's the kind of post that keep people from thinking and finding it themselves, lol

rovertechwm
24th November, 2019, 02:53 PM
Hi All Members
Could anyone please assist in helping me open this ols file please? When trying to open in winols i get message that the file is corrupt.
Thanks
NM

rovertechwm
27th April, 2020, 10:29 AM
Hi All

Would someone please assist me to remove protection from this ols file. it wont allow me to transfer maps from it or export mappacks.

Thanks

henriquekc
28th April, 2020, 03:41 AM
it''s not encrypted its just limited on the rights tab
here it is map pack and hex

open your own thread by the way....

rovertechwm
30th April, 2020, 02:50 PM
Thank You Kindly

DaniXDX
2nd August, 2020, 07:56 PM
Can you explain how you change the rights?

I choose the project in Winols, right mouse button, "Update Projects" then, "Overwrite rights with", and select all, but don't work.

Thank you.

Tjoening
12th June, 2021, 09:47 AM
it''s not encrypted its just limited on the rights tab
here it is map pack and hex

open your own thread by the way....

Could you reshare this unlocked file? or send by PM (file is damaged)

Thanks in advance.

drifter17a
12th January, 2022, 12:17 AM
Hi

You can see no read using hex editor. i used hxd . can you still see no read for version 5 and remove it ?