PDA

View Full Version : Mini One 1.6 90hp engine - throttle flap limiter

alexs307
28th February, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hello.

My girlfriend is driving a 2003 Mini One, 1.6 petrol engine, 90HP, ecu is Siemens. From what I have seen and read on several forums, including here, the only difference between Mini One 90HP and Mini Cooper 115HP (which has the same ECU and same engine ) is a limitation in software version for the throttle flap (it won't open more than 60% ).

I have compared the original file that I read from the 90HP version with one original file, same HW number, found on the 115HP version.

As I don't know much about petrol engines other than usual injection and spark advance maps, I am asking for your help in order to get rid of the throttle flap limitation.

I have attached the original files from the 90HP and the 115HP version. They are pretty similar.
The differences that I consider most significant are at address 78C9E and 76BCA, and I suppose one of these maps is the limitation, but maybe I am wrong.

If someone who understands petrol engines is capable of helping me, please let me know how to modify the 90HP file to get rid of the throttle limitation. Is it ok to take the maps mentioned above and paste it into the 90hp file?

I am not asking for a tuned file, I just want to make the throttle flap work 100% in order to benefit the 115HP output. I am asking this as I am aware that writing the complete 115hp version file in my 90hp ecu could result in ecu failure or worst, so I want to modify only what is really necessary.

Thanks in advance.

alfy
28th February, 2011, 12:22 PM
If same HW, you can try to load the 115hp map in your ECU and see how it goes...

alexs307
28th February, 2011, 12:53 PM
I take this as final solution. Still waiting for someone able to point in the right direction.

teoturo
28th February, 2011, 04:30 PM
I take this as final solution. Still waiting for someone able to point in the right direction.

I can't open your archives... can you post them in RAR format?

alexs307
28th February, 2011, 06:28 PM
Here you go!

alfy
28th February, 2011, 09:06 PM
It's better that you copy the maps you mentioned on you file, recalculate checksum and write.

ominimicu
28th February, 2011, 11:22 PM
you ll brick it! you have been warned

alexs307
1st March, 2011, 08:59 AM
actually don't understand what you mean by "brick it"...

ominimicu
1st March, 2011, 09:48 AM
block the ECU, kill it, dead etc.

aidyk
1st March, 2011, 10:28 AM
actually don't understand what you mean by "brick it"...

and you have the cheek to stick your nose into my affairs and tell me what i need to do ??

i think you should practice what you preach mate..in future you mind your business and ill mind mine.!!

if you dont like me posting on your thread think how i feel !

good luck with your thread mine was ruined ....

alexs307
1st March, 2011, 10:58 AM
and you have the cheek to stick your nose into my affairs and tell me what i need to do ??

i think you should practice what you preach mate..in future you mind your business and ill mind mine.!!

if you dont like me posting on your thread think how i feel !

good luck with your thread mine was ruined ....

I don't see anywhere in my topic something like:

"hey, this is an original file from Mini One, please tune it for me!".

I have specially mentioned that I am not asking for a tuned file, since I started this topic I found myself the maps that would concern a decent tune on this car, but mods are worthless unless throttle flap limitation is eliminated. After I will get rid of this limiter, I will also raise the injection and spark advance maps. I only need help for getting rid of the limitation, I don't know how to do this and I am asking for help.

Why am I sure you won't understand anything and you'll keep the same point of view?

Thanks, Ominimicu, but I already mentioned from the start that I wouldn't write the 115hp file into the 90hp ECU.

ominimicu
1st March, 2011, 12:07 PM
v good. dont write that file.
How do you know throttle opens 60 % you used a diag tool?

if true you need to find "drivers wish" map. actually it has a lot of names..it s the electronic pedal control map

alfy
2nd March, 2011, 08:44 AM
The 115 hp file is not complete, so you can't just upload it.
You can copy the maps on you file, calculate checksum and upload without problems and you flap will be open at 90 degrees. Than you can do other changes on other maps as well...

alexs307
2nd March, 2011, 09:13 AM
@Alfy ... when you say copy the maps you are reffering to the ones pointed by me at address 78C9E and 76BCA ? Is one of them the limiter for throttle flap?

I already knew that reading with Galletto might save me an incomplete file, this is why I was aware of the big mistake of writing the 115hp version into the 90hp ecu.

ominimicu
2nd March, 2011, 01:20 PM
yes he could copy the map..but he wants to know which one. and if you know wich one..then you mod it..why copy? right ?

alexs307
2nd March, 2011, 01:47 PM
:)...it's a closed loop...

alfy
2nd March, 2011, 02:17 PM
:)...it's a closed loop...

Don't sit and wait for someone to tell you this and that map modify like this and that...

You have all, now have to do some work...

alexs307
2nd March, 2011, 02:21 PM
Wasn't waiting for someone to tell me step by step what to do...was waiting for someone to tell me if I am looking in the good or in the wrong direction...

If you say that I have it all, then I get it. Thanks.

99RYN
12th February, 2020, 11:03 PM
Salut! Ce ai mai rezolvat? Cu map

NASTASE
13th February, 2020, 09:39 AM
Salut! Ce ai mai rezolvat? Cu map
Ai mesaj de la mine.Have pm.