PDA

View Full Version : RAV 4 LOST KEYS

chakahafed
1st March, 2011, 10:31 AM
HI DKS MEMBER
I NEED advise on Toyota Rav4 with broken key and transponder
i dont have any tool to programme transponder ship
i have upa programmer and i dont know if i have to buy Ad900 or BULL to programme transponder
what do i need befor buy tools ?
i have atacher car pictur and key picture
i dont know if the transponder is 4C or 4D
regards

ngakson2002
1st March, 2011, 10:50 AM
Hi
To know if key is 4C or 4D, the practical way is to read it with a transponder key reader such as AD 900 Zedbull you are mentioning here.However year of the car could also give information about this, but not data in the key What year is the RAV4?

Regarding solution to your problem, from your attachment transponder is still available.So as cheap and quick solution for your problem, since it is only the key casing that is broken, find in your area a locksmith selling this a transfer all the components in, and you will have a new working key.

Good luck

nazz2
1st March, 2011, 11:38 AM
yes,the year is important,i did a late rav4 2004,and it was 4D,so as a general rule the 4D starts,from 06 2004.

chakahafed
1st March, 2011, 07:09 PM
The car in not able to read the transponder chip any more
WHERE I CAN FIND YEAR INFORMATION IN THE CAR ?

ngakson2002
2nd March, 2011, 12:19 AM
Hello,
Search in the documents of the car or at the safety belt

Good luck

chakahafed
20th March, 2011, 12:00 PM
The car is Rav4 D4D 2.0 EUROPE MODEL 2006
WHAT I NEED TO PROGRAMME A NEW KEY
WHAT KEY CHIP I NEED ?
WHAT PROGRAMMER ?
I ONLY HAVE TOYOTA DENSO DIAG
PLEAS SOME ONE HELP

paul_12345
20th March, 2011, 01:09 PM
The car is Rav4 D4D 2.0 EUROPE MODEL 2006
WHAT I NEED TO PROGRAMME A NEW KEY
WHAT KEY CHIP I NEED ?
WHAT PROGRAMMER ?
I ONLY HAVE TOYOTA DENSO DIAG
PLEAS SOME ONE HELP

every man and his dog should have a red toyota dongle and a clone zed-bull ;) both too cheap not to have.

Could possibably do it with dongle else would clone with zedbull clone.

Bishop c4
20th March, 2011, 03:55 PM
Hello Chakahafed you can use your toyota commander, even the t-300 can do this job in reflash mode.
or like Paul_12345 said clone machine.

Regards

chakahafed
21st March, 2011, 11:00 AM
so i will buy a zedd bull
but what transponders i need
i made pictures of engine ecu and ignition :

Fallen
21st March, 2011, 12:42 PM
It would be unusual for the transponder to stop working, they can take a lot of punishment.
Does it have a crack in it?
The transponder will only read when it is pointed at the ignition, not sideways.
Hold the the transponder on the head of the key (any key that turns in the ignition) and turn the key.
Let me know how it goes.

chakahafed
21st March, 2011, 02:27 PM
It would be unusual for the transponder to stop working, they can take a lot of punishment.
Does it have a crack in it?
The transponder will only read when it is pointed at the ignition, not sideways.
Hold the the transponder on the head of the key (any key that turns in the ignition) and turn the key.
Let me know how it goes.

i have already tryed many time this !
but no succes
that why i want to programme another transponder

Bishop c4
21st March, 2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Chakahafed according to my manuals you need to use a 4D 67 (texas cripto 2) transponder.

lockbreaker
23rd March, 2011, 03:48 AM
another key isn't likely to solve the problem. Sounds like something else. Or you are just holding the chip the wrong way as mentioned above.

I've got an idea. Call a locksmith to get you straightened out. Are we in it to spend 500 pence to save 100?
Seems to be the case.

joubliss
23rd March, 2011, 09:28 AM
another key isn't likely to solve the problem. Sounds like something else. Or you are just holding the chip the wrong way as mentioned above.

I've got an idea. Call a locksmith to get you straightened out. Are we in it to spend 500 pence to save 100?
Seems to be the case.

hes trying to find a solution, everyone here is not perfect 100% but we try to learn from our mistakes and problems..... CHakahafed is not a locksmith but as he mensioned at first he want to buy a tool to solve the probleme.

so we are here to help each other and to not exchange locksmith's number phone.......

Job

chakahafed
29th March, 2011, 06:04 PM
i have purchassed ad900 and transponders (4d 67) it will arrive soon
befor i have to found the immo box in the car where i can found this box ?

Fallen
29th March, 2011, 09:50 PM
Should be behind glove box, in-line with the LCD display.