PDA

View Full Version : EPG??

tw87
1st March, 2011, 06:44 PM
Hi all, sorry if this has been discussed in detail before for this box but I'm just heading out to work and was hoping might get a few replies by the time I got home.

I have ordered one of these boxes from ebay today to give it a whirl. Is it still just a now/next EPG on Sly UK or do we have a Rytec type thing for it?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

hooley
1st March, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hi all, sorry if this has been discussed in detail before for this box but I'm just heading out to work and was hoping might get a few replies by the time I got home.

I have ordered one of these boxes from ebay today to give it a whirl. Is it still just a now/next EPG on Sly UK or do we have a Rytec type thing for it?

Any help is appreciated.
Now and next on sly uk

Thanks
now and next only on sky uk I'm afraid to say

tw87
1st March, 2011, 11:46 PM
Do you reckon that will ever be improved upon?

dekelster
2nd March, 2011, 06:19 AM
Is there any hd box out there with a good 7 day epg for sly. Which like a sly box will also allow you to pick what you what to record by using the epg.

Will the vu+ do this?

hooley
2nd March, 2011, 09:11 AM
I have my doubts that they will improve the epg, then again you never know.
The vu duo is one of the best boxes on the market at the moment. It's probably the closest you will get to a sky + box plus of course it can do so many other things. I have one for my main tv, it's the business

Fano
2nd March, 2011, 02:48 PM
Is there any hd box out there with a good 7 day epg for sly. Which like a sly box will also allow you to pick what you what to record by using the epg.

Will the vu+ do this?

Yes ,most linux based HD boxes have a 7 day guide for Sky .
Dm800,Vu+ ,Qbox Mini,Dm8000 ,all have it.

dekelster
2nd March, 2011, 10:39 PM
I have my doubts that they will improve the epg, then again you never know.
The vu duo is one of the best boxes on the market at the moment. It's probably the closest you will get to a sky + box plus of course it can do so many other things. I have one for my main tv, it's the business

It's a bloody expensive box tho :(

hooley
3rd March, 2011, 01:18 PM
It's a bloody expensive box tho :(

It is dear alright, but well worth it.