PDA

View Full Version : cummins m11 help

transinter
3rd March, 2011, 05:09 PM
thanks for the help

I have a problemacon cummnis m11 engine when the truck is the height (3000 msnm)
quite blue smoke lost power
test the injectors and all is well
and return to a temperate climate, everything returns to normal

mondao
4th March, 2011, 04:06 AM
Monitor the ambient air pressure reading with a service tool to confirm that the pressure reading matches the actual air pressure 14 psi + -
The ambient air pressure sensor is located on the engine block above the fuel supply pump

transinter
6th March, 2011, 01:56 AM
thanks I'll try as you say and I hope this is the problem

thanks for the help

sv_sivk
22nd September, 2011, 06:34 AM
turbos do that too, mine done it and then it blew up on I 80 by laramie wyoming. I was thinking it would go another round but gamble didn't pay off.

pbateman
27th September, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hey fellow Dk friends. Got a couple of questions and hopefully someone can help. I've got a 1994 L-10-310E Cummins need to see if anyone out there know the part numbers for injectors,valve cover gasket and the injector harness. Also if possible I'd like to get the torque specs on the rocker arms ,injetors,not sure if the truck has a jake brake or not. Also need the valve settings on the intake and exhaust and the injectors to if possible manual some how has disappeared from our shop. Thanks for any help in advance!!!!!!:guns:

jctech
27th September, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hey fellow Dk friends. Got a couple of questions and hopefully someone can help. I've got a 1994 L-10-310E Cummins need to see if anyone out there know the part numbers for injectors,valve cover gasket and the injector harness. Also if possible I'd like to get the torque specs on the rocker arms ,injetors,not sure if the truck has a jake brake or not. Also need the valve settings on the intake and exhaust and the injectors to if possible manual some how has disappeared from our shop. Thanks for any help in advance!!!!!!:guns:

Injector harness is 4022866
Rocker cover gasket is 3883223
Rocker cover noise isolators are 3883223 (x14)
injectors are a bit harder without an ESN, I will try again later

valves are I- 0.014 and E- 0.027, Celect injectors are adjusted by bottoming the plunger in the cup (gently) then adjusting back off two flats of the lock nut.

Injector part number is 3071534, this supercedes to 3081317RX, the part number will end in RX, (or PX or NX), as you will only be able to get ReCon injectors through Cummins. drop the RX for new part number

pbateman
28th September, 2011, 01:17 PM
jtech forgot the esn it is 34701541 hopefully this will help a little more was in a hurry when i posted this. Thanks for any help in advance also if you have the torque specs that would be great. really appreciate your help.

Poptest
28th September, 2011, 04:27 PM
jtech forgot the esn it is 34701541 hopefully this will help a little more was in a hurry when i posted this. Thanks for any help in advance also if you have the torque specs that would be great. really appreciate your help.

See attached files for Celect M11 Overhead Adjustment. Disregard portions on engine brake and STC as these are not on your engine. Enjoy....

pbateman
28th September, 2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks Poptest just got the info on the tractor comming in from out of state appreciate the help!!!!!!

jctech
28th September, 2011, 07:24 PM

Injector part number for this ESN is 3081318RX (or PX or NX)

Before carrying out an overhead set or injector replacement, check the rocker pedestals, your engine wil have aluminium pedestals, these were very prone to cracking, especially the end ones. Cracked pedestals will mean the overhead is totally out of adjustment. Check the torque on the pedestals before doing overhead adjustment, rocker pedestal capscrew torque is 90 lb.ft. 122Nm.
You will want the pages from the manual if you have the rocker assembly apart, you can download the manual from the Cummins service manuals thread

alexchulak
14th May, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hello Dk friends!
i got problem with m11. after i changed injectors the engine works terriblle on idle. when i bring it to 1000rpm it works good. all valves and injectors adjustement made according to cummins shop manual. somebody can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

jctech
14th May, 2012, 03:42 AM
Hello Dk friends!
i got problem with m11. after i changed injectors the engine works terriblle on idle. when i bring it to 1000rpm it works good. all valves and injectors adjustement made according to cummins shop manual. somebody can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

Check injector o-rings, are the injectors the same part number as the old units, are the injector adjusting screws about the same hieght as before and even?

alexchulak
14th May, 2012, 11:55 AM
Injectors same part was before. injector adjusting screws not same height. they much higher than was before and not even.they higher then valve screws about 1/2 inch

jctech
15th May, 2012, 01:36 AM
Injectors same part was before. injector adjusting screws not same height. they much higher than was before and not even.they higher then valve screws about 1/2 inch

Check TDC number 1 lines up with TDC mark on the accesory drive pulley, if accesory drive is not timed correctly your overhead adjustment will not be correct.