PDA

View Full Version : Setting time on Dreambox

kopkidda
4th March, 2011, 11:55 AM
I have my dreambox shutting down every night at 5am. When it reboots the time is set to 1am, is it possible to change a setting in a file so that the time on the box after boot is 5am?

Thanks

jfish
4th March, 2011, 12:53 PM
I have my dreambox shutting down every night at 5am. When it reboots the time is set to 1am, is it possible to change a setting in a file so that the time on the box after boot is 5am?

Thanks

as far as I am aware, the DM when starts syncs time with the transponder of the channel.

kopkidda
4th March, 2011, 01:22 PM
Might be that, I was looking at the transponder times and they are out aswell. How do you make sure that the transponder times are correct?Thanks

GastonJ
4th March, 2011, 01:27 PM
That's for the time in that country on that channel. If it's your local clock that's being reset then you might want to look at setting an internet NTP timeserver and setting your timezone. I know mine is set on my DM7025 and works properly. Unsure how to set it up on the DM500 but I'm sure someone will know.

jfish
4th March, 2011, 01:29 PM
Might be that, I was looking at the transponder times and they are out aswell. How do you make sure that the transponder times are correct?Thanks

obvioiusly you cant change the transponders time, but on the DM you should set your time zone up - yours may be set to CET rather than UK time.

kopkidda
4th March, 2011, 03:58 PM
No timezones are correct. Any other way of fixing this?

GastonJ
4th March, 2011, 04:25 PM
Do you have a configuration option for an NTP server? Is so you need to set that up to point to an internet time server.