PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of new sim "E-star"

southpaw
4th March, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hi All , a member here recently contacted me regarding establishing his sim version in his clone dm800 ,
I was under the impression only 3 types existed , early sim1 , sim2 and more recently Ferrari.
Anyhow he removed the sim from the unit, and its a sim i have never heard of , "E-STAR"
They seem to have their own forum with e-star bootloader 76 images on (must be pretty new to market with 76), was just curious if any of our members have a unit with this sim or know of anybody using one. not seen any info on them and never knew they existed until this guy described his sim

News-www.e-star-sim.com (http://www.e-star-sim.com/news.asp?SmallClassID=1)

garry1312
5th March, 2011, 08:57 PM
don't know anything on this but I have been watching this thread since yesterday waiting to see the replies. would be interesting to find out more about this sim as you don't get much info from the link.

milkcup86
5th March, 2011, 09:08 PM
I heard of another sim from a different forum I'm a member of. I think the guy could run original images on his maching but had to patch them through some software first instead uploading the bootloader afterwards in the case of ferrari and sim2.

As long as he can get new images on his box then its all good!

southpaw
5th March, 2011, 10:23 PM
I heard of another sim from a different forum I'm a member of. I think the guy could run original images on his maching but had to patch them through some software first instead uploading the bootloader afterwards in the case of ferrari and sim2.

As long as he can get new images on his box then its all good!

think this sim has that feature mc , run original thru software makes it compatable .

just glad i told the guy to establish his sim before flashing. Would be good if sellers could supply this essential info when selling a clone rather than just concentrating on sales + ?`s

gsmtech
5th March, 2011, 11:27 PM
Heard of this SIM recently...it's some smaller team less well supported than SIM201 and Ferarri.
As mentioned already ESTAR uses their own bootloader, not compatible with original images unless they are patched by running the ESTAR software on the image first.
Some clone manufacturers have started shipping clones with this SIM installed now, not very common though...remains to be seen if the support is any good.

homer41
5th March, 2011, 11:38 PM
hi guys, thanks to southpaw i clarified what sim i had which turned out to be estar otherwise i would have probably flashed it with a sim201 or ferrari image haha estar supply a good converter on their which converts any image to work with he estar sim, worked on mine

bubbles69
6th March, 2011, 09:48 AM
the e-star sim has been around a while, avoid it nothing like sim 2.01 or ferarri sim

homer41
6th March, 2011, 11:08 AM
whats the downside of the estar sim, bubbles69

bubbles69
6th March, 2011, 04:55 PM
support, read so many posts of people discovering there card was e-sim before Christmas and having to buy sim 2.01 because they couldn't recover the box with any image

homer41
6th March, 2011, 09:55 PM
cheers for the reply mate where do you get a sim 2.01 from and how much does it cost

bubbles69
6th March, 2011, 11:08 PM
you can get sim 2.01 cards from here

SIM CARD 2.01 (upgrade your dm800) - ukdreamshop (http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/product.php?id_product=46)

satmario
13th November, 2011, 09:22 PM
here's a link to download estar
Download - www.e-star-sim.com (http://www.e-star-sim.com/download.asp)

mfaraj57
14th November, 2011, 05:02 PM
e-star is clone simcard type like sim2 and ferrari but has different ssl
less popular and less support than sim2 and ferrari
e-star claimed that they have pc software converter to convert original images to e-star images
that,s true but this converter apply to original images released before 9-2-2011 and have old drivers

This is from the e-star site

This program will convert the original DM800 images into estar images.

1. System Requirements
(1) Operating Systems: 32bit Windows Operating System
(2) RAM: 128MB free RAM (minimum)

2. Supported Images
The original DM800 images with second stage loader #74, #75, #76 and #82 are supported.
** Bug: Images with driver 20110215/20110302/20110309/20110506 can't play back the recorded programs. This bug will be fixed in the next version of EstarDreamConverter.

3. For how to install estar images, please refer to "How to install estar images.pdf".

4. Estar images don't support online update, so please don't do software update/restore in the Software Manager menu of DM800. If the box can't boot up by doing online update, please rescue the box refer to "How to rescue estar DM800.pdf".