PDA

View Full Version : Damn CA ERROR..

micflair
4th March, 2011, 06:15 PM
Ok guys hang on in there with me on this one..

Just got another DM800HD from Tony at Yaoxin, no probs with service and speed, all top notch!

Anyway, my old 800hd has Nabliosat Blackhole on there, its about a year old, so not sure on the Bootloader version etc..

So the new one is one of the pro ones, BL76 with Sim 2.01 etc, I went to flash the same image of Blackhole on there as I used before like a muppet, and now I have the CA ERROR.

Ive searched and read up but its still just clicking for me guys and I cant get it sorted. This is my problem (apart from not knowing what Im doing really). I have a Serial > USB adapter that is giving me grief and not working, so im using an old old PC upstairs which has a serial port, only problem is that it doesn't have a ethernet port.. so cant do both.

Ive tried reflashing with DreamUp, and after an hour or so of flashing it still dont work grrr.

All I want to do is get a Nabliosat Blackhole image on there and it working, someone please save me before I take it out on the dog or even worse the Mrs..

Thanks!:banghead::banghead:

reddevil157
4th March, 2011, 06:51 PM
Have you read this (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/fix-no-ca-error-70341/) post.

micflair
4th March, 2011, 07:05 PM
yeah cheers pal, have read that but prob only 300 times so best read it again :)

My problem is that dreamup does connect to it and lets me flash an image, just I still get the CA Error after flashing.. Its doing my head in now!

micflair
4th March, 2011, 07:45 PM
I think another part of my problem is I just dont know which is the correct image to use (hence my original problem..). I aint got a clue about the boot loaders and second stage loader etc..

alec
4th March, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yours will be a clone, so you have to have a patched image with the same BL number 76, and the same sim 2.01 in the Image . As you have found out the hard way, the Image you tried to load is not suitable. The places I normally get my Images is not available at the moment
Get from here when they are not busy ukdreamshop (http://www.ukdreamshop.co.uk/)

micflair
4th March, 2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah I just sussed that out mate.. I flashed it again with a different image and hey presto its working.. everything has to be the hard way.. hahah

reddevil157
4th March, 2011, 11:08 PM
lol at least you know now, well done.