PDA

View Full Version : Stuck

wtlaing
9th December, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hi, I have a starview 1 here which at the time of flashing with S/V 2 software I didn't know it was a S/V 1, but it took the flash but now has a 0 when booted up and now won't do anything. I now know that there is no fix as of yet for the S/V 1 or is there and I can't fined it. Can anyone help? wtlaing

Devilfish
9th December, 2008, 04:31 PM
No fix for starview 1 yet. You could flash an older firmware to get the box operational again but wouldn't get premium channels without a fix.

wmwxh01
9th December, 2008, 09:49 PM
I have had the same problem, boots up witha 0 but won't allow me to download the old software, keeps failing when I try to download.

Any ideas

romster
12th December, 2008, 08:10 PM
Hi,
Use the gtrom loader 4 and instal the previous firmware ie
4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - My 4shared (http://www.4shared.com/dir/3042613/f6e3421c/sharing.html)
first use CryptStar-v1.4-Core400.bin then update with

find them here: 4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - My 4shared (http://www.4shared.com/dir/3042613/f6e3421c/sharing.html)

NB: you will only be able to load this by selecting download in the gtrom once you restart the box you should then see it updating and finally see a message saying burning to rom just before it completes and reboots then instal
STARVIEW_H20070607_400eE_api.bin

this will reboot to instal screen and you can rescan.

You will need manual key update as there isnt a autorol update yet for the SV1

hope this helps

wtlaing
13th December, 2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info Romster. I now have the files I'll go and try it and let you know how I get on, Cheers Tam

wmwxh01
24th December, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the info, I have the box back up and running, with version 1.5 but the channels are all scrambled, do I need to turn EMU on/off if so how do I do this, it is my mate's box and I don't know my way around the The Starview, I have the Eurovox

dell_xps
24th December, 2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info, I have the box back up and running, with version 1.5 but the channels are all scrambled, do I need to turn EMU on/off if so how do I do this, it is my mate's box and I don't know my way around the The Starview, I have the Eurovox

Press menu, then 1570, opens up secret menu,at the bottom you will see EMU, turn it to on, save and exit.
HTH

wmwxh01
24th December, 2008, 12:15 PM
You are an absolute star, can't thank you enough, would never have worked out how to get to that menu, works a treat

Bill

wtlaing
24th December, 2008, 08:08 PM
Hi ROMSTER, I have now got the box back to try the files I downloaded, the box still sits there and does nothing with just the 0 on the front of the panel. I take it it must be knacked? I don't know if it maybe a clone or what. Cheers Tam
P.S. Merry Christmas

dell_xps
24th December, 2008, 08:14 PM
Hi ROMSTER, I have now got the box back to try the files I downloaded, the box still sits there and does nothing with just the 0 on the front of the panel. I take it it must be knacked? I don't know if it maybe a clone or what. Cheers Tam
P.S. Merry Christmas

0 ... on display ...

Its a hardware fault as opposed to a firmware fault.

1.Remove the cap (c21) electrolytic near the ribbon on the psu board.
2.Boot the box , it should boot to on and function correctly , the psu will hum ignore it , just let it boot to ON ,then turn it back off.
3.Replace electrolytic cap (c11) 1000 mic @10v on the psu board , resolder (c21)
thats it done.

You can get caps from Maplins they can also be found on fleebay.
HTH
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/725/svcapfixpnggv2.png

wtlaing
24th December, 2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks Dell-XPS, I'll try that and see how it goes and let you know but have to goto Maplins and now being Christmas and all may take a little time but will let you know. Cheers Tam