PDA

View Full Version : Turning Ad blue consumption off

beha
4th March, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hello, is there any way to turn off ad blue consumption via ECU programming or on any other way?

jctech
7th March, 2011, 12:11 PM
Hello, is there any way to turn off ad blue consumption via ECU programming or on any other way?

The AdBlue dosing is controlled by tables written into the ECM calibration code - for Cummins engines. You would be able to change the dosing tables with Calterm, I do not know what parameters the tables have.
For engines with a closed loop system, the dosing rate will be written into the AdBlue pump control module.

jctech
7th March, 2011, 12:17 PM
On most engines, the dosing pump will not operate if the exhaust catalyst temperature is below 250 degrees C, so you need to keep the exhaust catalyst temperature down.
The temperature sensors are failsafed - the ECM knows if they are not reading correctly, inlet has to be higher than outlet, and they must both rise when the engine is operating. If you can cap the temperature below 250 C, the dosing pump should not operate.
If the doser does not operate for an extended period of time, you risk destryoing a very expensive exhaust catalyst brick.

renesis
8th March, 2011, 04:00 PM
Yes, the dosing pump will not operate if temperatures are below 250C. It is easy enough to limit the temperature sensors, but as jctech pointed out, you will ruin your SCR exhaust catalyst.

but then again, 99.9% of the buses in my area with Cummins SCR have a failed doser pump. They are equally expensive.

beha
8th March, 2011, 05:04 PM
I heard about this sensor manipulation, but i was not sure how it should work.
Ok, but what if we remove this catalyst brick from exhaust, i just need for truck to work without adblue and without power reduction for engine?

jctech
8th March, 2011, 05:59 PM
I heard about this sensor manipulation, but i was not sure how it should work.
Ok, but what if we remove this catalyst brick from exhaust, i just need for truck to work without adblue and without power reduction for engine?

Fill the AdBlue tank with water, and remove the brick, dont let it freeze though.

beha
8th March, 2011, 06:04 PM
Fill the AdBlue tank with water, and remove the brick, dont let it freeze though.

Not a good solution, as if you have problems with ad blue pump or injector, you will get power reduction.

jctech
9th March, 2011, 12:38 AM
Not a good solution, as if you have problems with ad blue pump or injector, you will get power reduction.

AdBlue is 80% water
You get the same percentage derate if you have a problem with the pump or injector no mater what you have in the tank, or if the system is dosing or idle.
As water does not contain urea, you will not get any crystals forming around the injector, or any other dosing components, so one failure mode is eliminated.

Alpinesport
9th March, 2011, 08:57 AM
no erou 5 trucks you can be reused to 50% in software and work

MDR72
29th March, 2011, 02:42 AM
I know of someone working on removing scr, claims he has an ecm that is complete. i should be reciving it very shortly and will let you know how it works. person is very smart i believe he has worked for enginr manu. set up several trucks to remove dpf, egr and vgt's.

danielm
13th April, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hi?
You can send this file at your friend?
Is a Mercedes Actros 1844 adblue.

Best Regards

dimitar22
17th April, 2011, 11:18 AM
what program should i use to open this file?

danielm
18th April, 2011, 10:44 AM
Winols,ECM,Wingal,Map3d,swiftec etc...

danielm
23rd April, 2011, 12:39 AM
Hi,
Nothing CAN??

BR

vulep
12th May, 2011, 05:36 AM
Are someone try to repair cummins grunfos dosing pump?I have several differents problems.If I make with resistor catalyst inlet temperature example 200C and outlet temperature example 150C and remove catalyst,is the system will work ok?

chrisonhere
11th October, 2011, 01:30 PM
Cummins Euro 4+ and Euro 5 engines use a NOx sensor on the exhaust tail pipe and so monitor NOx, using water in place of Ad-blue will not work on these engines as the NOx will be high will will in turn de-rate the engine power by 60%.

The only way to stop ad-blue use is to keep Cat temp below 250c or alter ECM parameters using Calterm.

I have 3 customers with Euro 4+ engines ISBe that are not using ad-blue (1 over 12 months) with no de-rate or MIL light on and no faults showing, they do not want them fixing (I wonder why), the customers have done nothing to the engines or ECMs they just stopped using Ad-blue. :beer:

renesis
16th October, 2011, 05:15 PM
Cummins Euro 4+ and Euro 5 engines use a NOx sensor on the exhaust tail pipe and so monitor NOx, using water in place of Ad-blue will not work on these engines as the NOx will be high will will in turn de-rate the engine power by 60%.

The only way to stop ad-blue use is to keep Cat temp below 250c or alter ECM parameters using Calterm.

I have 3 customers with Euro 4+ engines ISBe that are not using ad-blue (1 over 12 months) with no de-rate or MIL light on and no faults showing, they do not want them fixing (I wonder why), the customers have done nothing to the engines or ECMs they just stopped using Ad-blue. :beer:

Yes I have customers with similar situations, no derate, BUT MIL is ON, and no faults. Adblue is not consumed as well. Oh well....

do you have the config file for these ISBE engine in calterm?

chrisonhere
28th October, 2011, 12:27 PM
I do not have any config files unfortunatly. Sorry