PDA

View Full Version : Please help with checksum on MB Vito file

alexs307
5th March, 2011, 11:14 AM
If someone is kind enough to help me with checksum for MB Vito file, in attachment.

My winols doesn't recognize this file's checksum.

Regards,
Alex.

filecloud
5th March, 2011, 01:43 PM
If someone is kind enough to help me with checksum for MB Vito file, in attachment.

My winols doesn't recognize this file's checksum.

Regards,
Alex.
Hello
This is a edc16cp31-6.x from a 3.0 V6 vito, the readout is not complete. If it was ols285 v2.61 would detect it properly as EDC16. Good flashtools care about the checksum when writing.
Greetings,
filecloud

alexs307
5th March, 2011, 09:01 PM
It was read by Galletto on the bench. Will Galletto do checksum on writing?

filecloud
6th March, 2011, 09:49 AM
It was read by Galletto on the bench. Will Galletto do checksum on writing?

Hello
Even if it wanted it could not. The start of the datablock is missing and there is the first checksum pointer. Don't you see that the start where the 1037xxxxxx number sits is missing? This edc16 can be handled properly by byteshooter.
Greetings,
filecloud

alexs307
6th March, 2011, 12:15 PM
I opened the ecu, the removable cover of the ecu is above the pcb, not under it. There is no BDM port on the upper side of PCB and the other part of the PCB is very well attached to the aluminium case, for cooling, I am afraid it will snap if I try to separate it from the aluminium case. Does someone know how can this ecu be read via BDM? Is the BDM port on the other side of PCB or is there another connection to do?

puiu
6th March, 2011, 12:49 PM
I opened the ecu, the removable cover of the ecu is above the pcb, not under it. There is no BDM port on the upper side of PCB and the other part of the PCB is very well attached to the aluminium case, for cooling, I am afraid it will snap if I try to separate it from the aluminium case. Does someone know how can this ecu be read via BDM? Is the BDM port on the other side of PCB or is there another connection to do?

Yes BDM is on other side,

Puiu

alexs307
6th March, 2011, 09:29 PM
Still afraid of separating the PCB from the aluminium case, will install the cover of the ECU back and this is it, no tuning.

Thanks everyone for help.