PDA

View Full Version : can't start volvo fh12

dimitar22
5th March, 2011, 08:48 PM
I have problem with volvo fh 12 1996 D 12 a engine, the truck was driving normally, and then engine killed in driving, now i cant start the truck i try to blead the fuel system but there is no air in it, when i thurned ignition on the light ''check engine'' is not active when i start to krank it starts to glow.

Please help me
P.S read fault codes with vcads pro there was one inactive fault code delleted it but still the same, no meather what i do it refusses to start.

Juanincho
5th March, 2011, 10:01 PM
I have problem with volvo fh 12 1996 D 12 a engine, the truck was driving normally, and then engine killed in driving, now i cant start the truck i try to blead the fuel system but there is no air in it, when i thurned ignition on the light ''check engine'' is not active when i start to krank it starts to glow.

Please help me
P.S read fault codes with vcads pro there was one inactive fault code delleted it but still the same, no meather what i do it refusses to start.

Which code do you have? We need to know that to have something to start with. :idea:

dimitar22
5th March, 2011, 10:14 PM
Which code do you have? We need to know that to have something to start with. :idea:

It was one inactive fault code it was something about camshaft sensor, delleted it test run the truck for an hour all ok on the entrence to the workshop the truck thurned of by it self now it refuses to communicata vith vcads it gets error 1000 please contact help desk.
Now i cant start the truck no meather what i do , i try diffrente thinks from experiace but nothing seems to work, i spoke to one person he told me that ecu is dead but i'm not so shure about that.

Juanincho
5th March, 2011, 10:25 PM
It was one inactive fault code it was something about camshaft sensor, delleted it test run the truck for an hour all ok on the entrence to the workshop the truck thurned of by it self now it refuses to communicata vith vcads it gets error 1000 please contact help desk.
Now i cant start the truck no meather what i do , i try diffrente thinks from experiace but nothing seems to work, i spoke to one person he told me that ecu is dead but i'm not so shure about that.

Scan it using a generic software, you should be able to get the actual fault code that in fact turns the engine off, if the engine worked again and the fault was related to the camshaft sensor, maybe that sensor fails by temperature; wait until the engine is cold and try to start it, if it works, the camshaft sensor has a problem. Try to get the fault code.

dimitar22
5th March, 2011, 10:59 PM
Will try tommorow morning.

baburs
6th March, 2011, 06:06 AM
Try to take connector of cranshft off,if not help put it back and try to take Cam axle sensor of. It may help.Also try to read fault codes by flashes... I ask again how you blead, because i saw lots of died ecu,after bleading by additional pump it can be only made by original,because engine ecu on D12A very thick...

Poptest
6th March, 2011, 06:32 AM
Check fuses and main relay If you have no communication to ECU.

dimitar22
6th March, 2011, 01:52 PM
Checked fues it was burned put a new one it burned in a second moved the wires that go to ecu and from ecu by hand place new fuse the truck started run for 10 minute thurn of truck, turn ignition on fuese burned. I know that is some kond of short circut but what is the moast common place.

counder2000
29th March, 2011, 01:41 PM
is it the ecu is at pasangger foor pedel . if yes. check socket wire at fuel pump. cut and open the wire tape check and wire short each other and this sometime makes ecu pcb board burn. this is comman problem