PDA

View Full Version : cccam file missing?

Redd16
7th March, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hi guys

im having this problem. i got a DM800HD from dvbseller (clone) and it had some power faukts so i returned it and this one has come and it has gemini 2 installed and in the var/etc there is a file called cccam.xml but thats all.

i loaded all my sats up and scanned them in. all that was left to do was add my (CCcam.cfg) in which i did and nothing.

after messing around for 2 days ive noticed that i have no options left/right when i select on/off cam through the blue panel.

Does anyone know which file i should add and into which folders i shall put it? ive tried a few ive found on the net that said i should put into tmp folder but i had no joy :'(

many thanks in advance for anyone who can help as im losing the will right now.:banghead:

steve

thered
7th March, 2011, 05:52 PM
have you downloaded the complete cccam file to your box from gemini server

Redd16
7th March, 2011, 06:01 PM
erm no.

do you mean through the box itself? via plugins and add ons etc?

i did try through the box but there are no options for me to do so, which is why ive been lead to believe i need to do it manually!?

which folder would i add it too?

thanks

reddevil157
7th March, 2011, 06:08 PM
try tunisiasat addons manager, install it manually and you'll get what you need from that.
FTP to the tmp and maually install

thered
7th March, 2011, 06:12 PM
is your box connected to the web? if not i reccomend you do it and d/load from gemini server

if not you can add in manually but if i remember rightly its been nearly 2 years since i did it you dont just put it in folder

you have to leave it in its form put it in temporary folder then manual install throgh gemini blue button i think

remember to d/load complete cccam file and leave in what i think is a tar file when you put in temp folder

at least i think thats what i remember doing but as i say its been a while im sure someone will post if its wrong

Redd16
7th March, 2011, 06:50 PM
ok ive dl'd tunisia sat, silly Q? do i unzip first or throw it straight onto the box

thanks for your help reddevil.

@thered

it is hooked up to the net but i have no option to dl from the gemini server thats why ive been told i have to do it manually.
i'll have a crack at it now, got my fingers crossed.

thanks fella's

reddevil157
7th March, 2011, 06:52 PM
Not 100% sure, it was a while ago when I installed it, try ftp it as a rar, if that doesn't work, delete it and try it unzipped, once you do it, your looking for an option to manually install ipk package

lo manx

Redd16
7th March, 2011, 07:04 PM
ok done it zipped i think that seems right cuz i can see it on the box, unzipped and its hidden.

trouble is i dont seem to be getting an option to install for example i press blue button for a menu when im highlighting it but i just get options like delete, shift and copy etc

unless its through the create symlink option?

reddevil157
7th March, 2011, 07:08 PM
don't know where the option is to "manually install ipk packages" is on your image but that's what you gotta find, maybe someone with the same image will jump in here soon.

Redd16
7th March, 2011, 07:15 PM
ok thanks for your help

2685danny
7th March, 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi guys

im having this problem. i got a DM800HD from dvbseller (clone) and it had some power faukts so i returned it and this one has come and it has gemini 2 installed and in the var/etc there is a file called cccam.xml but thats all.

i loaded all my sats up and scanned them in. all that was left to do was add my (CCcam.cfg) in which i did and nothing.

after messing around for 2 days ive noticed that i have no options left/right when i select on/off cam through the blue panel.

Does anyone know which file i should add and into which folders i shall put it? ive tried a few ive found on the net that said i should put into tmp folder but i had no joy :'(

many thanks in advance for anyone who can help as im losing the will right now.:banghead:

steve

iam runing gemini 5.1 and my cccam.cfg is in Etc/cccam.cfg

not var/etc

Redd16
7th March, 2011, 11:48 PM
What's in the etc folder seems to be the exact same as var/etc folder. It CSM with a file CCcam_info.xml but that seems to be the only reference on the whole box.

It don't seem right that when I go to BP menu and on the start/restart cam or the on/off auto-cam it says at the top select cam(left/right) but there is nothing to select. On my previous box I could select cccam 2.1.4 for example. So it seems that's what I need to get on there. I've added the Tunisiasat file into the tmp folder but can't seem to find anyway to activate or install it. It's slightly frustrating :banghead: (brilliant smiley that)

cheers everybody

if anyone does know what I have to do to be able to activate the tunisiasat file that would be greatly appreciated

reddevil157
7th March, 2011, 11:59 PM
did you look in extras/settings or plugins in the blue panel.

Redd16
8th March, 2011, 12:59 AM
I've looked in both mate, I've searched every path in the box. I'm wondering if I need to install CCcam 2.1.4 or something first before I could use Tunisia sat? What do you think?
Im stumped to be honest

southpaw
8th March, 2011, 08:46 AM
Try and re download the full cccam file , make sure it's full ! Failing that you can download a default cccam cfg file from google search , then drag it too the etc folder , failing that create one in notepad , rename it CCcam.cfg and drag to etc folder ,
The var / etc is a symlink to the etc directory , so contents will be same , in future just go straight to etc , skip the var shortcut ,

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

reddevil157
8th March, 2011, 10:11 AM
I've looked in both mate, I've searched every path in the box. I'm wondering if I need to install CCcam 2.1.4 or something first before I could use Tunisia sat? What do you think?
Im stumped to be honestNo, you need tunisiasat to d/l the cams. I know a lot of ppl have changed image, cause gemini is no more, apparently.

Do what southpaw says.

photen
8th March, 2011, 03:28 PM
Hi m8, I had a similar problem until recently. I searched for 2cccam 2.2.1 download" on google and and you should come up with one from Gemini 2 Project. Download it and make sure it's the file with .tar.gz

FTP this file without extarcting it to the temp folder on your DM. Than from what I remember go to your file manager option on your DM and navigate to the temp folder.

The file you just FTP'd over should show up. Use your arrow key on the remote to highlight it and you should than have an option at the bottom which says 'install' i think it's the green button.

I did it this way and got the option for selecting the cam using left/right button. Mistake I made first was by FTP'ing the cccam.cfg file to the temp folder and than trying to manually install it, but it dosen't work that way.

Hope this helps :)

Redd16
10th March, 2011, 06:33 PM
im going through now trying your guys suggestions as i've been tied up for a few days. starting with southpaw

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/cccam-2-1-4-download-90961/

is that the complete cccam file i should add to etc folder?

i have added my own proper cccam.cfg file to the box and it is there. will following your directions add the cccam for selection on my box?

Redd16
10th March, 2011, 06:48 PM
Try and re download the full cccam file , make sure it's full ! Failing that you can download a default cccam cfg file from google search , then drag it too the etc folder , failing that create one in notepad , rename it CCcam.cfg and drag to etc folder ,
The var / etc is a symlink to the etc directory , so contents will be same , in future just go straight to etc , skip the var shortcut ,

ok ive tried this and its done nothing but add the file into the etc folder and i still have no cccams for selection in the blue panel.

i think i may have failed to convey my problem properly.

the problem i have is it doesnt have any cams at all for me to select when i go into the blue panel. it says "select cam (left/right) but there is no cam for me to select left or right on. on my DM500 there are a host of cams to select 2.1.4 and 2.2.0 etc.

when i hit start/restart cam it says "new camd started! name:common interface"

i somehow need to install a cam onto the box so i have an option to choose one?

does anyone understand what i mean? can anybody point me in the right direction please?

andy91
10th March, 2011, 07:01 PM
ok ive tried this and its done nothing but add the file into the etc folder and i still have no cccams for selection in the blue panel.

i think i may have failed to convey my problem properly.

the problem i have is it doesnt have any cams at all for me to select when i go into the blue panel. it says "select cam (left/right) but there is no cam for me to select left or right on. on my DM500 there are a host of cams to select 2.1.4 and 2.2.0 etc.

when i hit start/restart cam it says "new camd started! name:common interface"

i somehow need to install a cam onto the box so i have an option to choose one?

does anyone understand what i mean? can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Where it says common interface dont you have an option to go up or down or side to side with your remote so you can choose your ccam? Thats what i do with Dreamelite image.

Check your inbox

Andy.

Redd16
10th March, 2011, 07:30 PM
The common interface only appears when I click on start cam.
It appears as a message and counts down from 4 if you know what I mean. On my old box it would say new cam 2.1.4 started

Redd16
10th March, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hi m8, I had a similar problem until recently. I searched for 2cccam 2.2.1 download" on google and and you should come up with one from Gemini 2 Project. Download it and make sure it's the file with .tar.gz

FTP this file without extarcting it to the temp folder on your DM. Than from what I remember go to your file manager option on your DM and navigate to the temp folder.

The file you just FTP'd over should show up. Use your arrow key on the remote to highlight it and you should than have an option at the bottom which says 'install' i think it's the green button.

I did it this way and got the option for selecting the cam using left/right button. Mistake I made first was by FTP'ing the cccam.cfg file to the temp folder and than trying to manually install it, but it dosen't work that way.

do you have a link to the file tar.gz you used as the ones im downloading on the net are unzipped already!?

thanks

southpaw
10th March, 2011, 08:36 PM
mate , ftp`ing the cfg will not install a cam , you need to download a cam from your box , do you have "tunisiasat addon" ? as this seems to be the most often online place to get cams

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/tunisiasat-addons-manager-1-1-dm800-dm8000-dm500hd-170459/
follow instructions to get this addon onto your dm800 , download cccam from there , restart and you should be good to go

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 12:55 PM
Lol, cheers southpaw but last night andy91 helped me reflash it. It took til quite late, but after he'd gone to bed an I plugged it in I was gettin the dreaded error no ca found message. So need to do some hunting for an appropiate image for 800hd clone, don't mind who I have really. Any pointers?

reddevil157
11th March, 2011, 01:10 PM
you got pm m8

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 01:36 PM
boubles done a thread on here for recovering with dreamup , once you done that you need to figure out what sim you got in your box , as images are sim compatable , (sim2 , ferrari etc) this is whats caused your no ca error , flashing an image for a differant sim or genuine box.

reddevil157
11th March, 2011, 04:01 PM
here's Bubbles fix (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/tut-how-fix-no-ca-all-dm800hd-120977/).

andy91
11th March, 2011, 04:32 PM
The image he used last night was the right bootloader for his box so i cant understand why he has No Ca found.
Must have spent an hour making sure this was the right one after taking advice from others on here.

Makes me wonder if his box did have bootloader 76 on it in the first place.

Andy.

reddevil157
11th March, 2011, 04:35 PM
Was talking to redd today Andy and he say's it's sim 201, maybe he rebooted before he flashed the bootloader.

andy91
11th March, 2011, 04:49 PM
Was talking to redd today Andy and he say's it's sim 201, maybe he rebooted before he flashed the bootloader.
Think the image came with bootloader already in so just the image to flash.
Its the New Dream Elite 1.ohd PrzEdition Sim2-76d.

Was told this would suffice,Andy.

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 05:12 PM
Yep , that image has 76d in it , therefore the op cannot have a sim 2.01 , could be ferrari maybe , or possibly e- star ?

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 05:17 PM
with sim2, bootloader figures dont matter with latest 76d patch/images , as this will upgrade older bootloaders to 76 , provided of course the unit has a sim2.01 in it

@the op , were did you get the box ,

andy91
11th March, 2011, 05:21 PM
with sim2, bootloader figures dont matter with latest 76d patch/images , as this will upgrade older bootloaders to 76 , provided of course the unit has a sim2.01 in it

@the op , were did you get the box ,
This is what his box came with below Southpaw

DM800 Tuner version: M(801a), bootloader 76d, sim2.01, gemini 5.1 or different

He bought if from Dvbseller,i thought the DreamElite 1.0 would be fine.

Andy.

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 05:27 PM
This is what his box came with below Southpaw

DM800 Tuner version: M(801a), bootloader 76d, sim2.01, gemini 5.1 or different

He bought if from Dvbseller,i thought the DreamElite 1.0 would be fine.

Andy.

I can see why you thought that Andy , and if thats the image he flashed , and all went well , then he cannot have a sim 2.01 , reading his opening post again , he bought his original box from dvbseller (but looks like he returned it), but he doesnt state how he got the replacement , some dodgy dude on alibaba maybe ?

andy91
11th March, 2011, 05:32 PM
I can see why you thought that Andy , and if thats the image he flashed , and all went well , then he cannot have a sim 2.01 , reading his opening post again , he bought his original box from dvbseller (but looks like he returned it), but he doesnt state how he got the replacement , some dodgy dude on alibaba maybe ?

Yes reading between the lines i bet the box hasnt got the latest Rev M tuner?
I bet his first box had the spec but they sent out an older spec box.Guess he needs to open the back and check the sim and tuner otherwise hes stuck with No Ca Found problem unless he flashes an image with a lower bootloader.

Andy.

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 05:37 PM
Yes reading between the lines i bet the box hasnt got the latest Rev M tuner?
I bet his first box had the spec but they sent out an older spec box.Guess he needs to open the back and check the sim and tuner otherwise hes stuck with No Ca Found problem unless he flashes an image with a lower bootloader.

Andy.

mate , he cant flash bugger all till he knows for sure what sim is in it , he best to open box and take a look at sim ,
will post some pics later for comparisons ,

BTW , dont feel bad mate , the advice you gave was spot on , i would have advised the same , the week link here is the arsehole who sold the box without supplying essential information !

andy91
11th March, 2011, 05:42 PM
mate , he cant flash bugger all till he knows for sure what sim is in it , he best to open box and take a look at sim ,
will post some pics later for comparisons ,

BTW , dont feel bad mate , the advice you gave was spot on , i would have advised the same , the week link here is the arsehole who sold the box without supplying essential information !
lol i dont feel bad i said we would have it set up from start to finish in less than 20 mins.
Bet he thinks im the arsehole lol
Can only go on the info suppiled and all part of the learning curve.
Like i said to him these arent plug and play but having problems will make you understand more long term.

Andy.

reddevil157
11th March, 2011, 05:43 PM
Why would they not tell him what sim is in the box ?. Just curious lads.

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 05:43 PM
lol i dont feel bad
Andy.

Heartless tw@t lol lol

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 05:46 PM
Why would they not tell him what sim is in the box ?. Just curious lads.

I wouldnt pay top dollar for a box with a sim1 or e-star sim in it , i would much rather have a box with one of the major 2 sim teams , sim2 or Ferrari .
Or maybe its from a drop-shipper and they dont realise it is essential information needed for future image upgrades

alec
11th March, 2011, 05:47 PM
If it came with Gemini 2; well m8 that is an old image in an old box. In April 2010 The Gemini Image was aound 4.6.
Iwonder what specs you have bought. It would have been wise to telnet the box, before changing image. It looks now a matter of trial and error with the image.

andy91
11th March, 2011, 05:53 PM
Its not my box,i got mine from Primusat ages ago,Ferrari sim with Rev j or k tuner and i cant fault it. Hd dont glitch and box has no fan and stays cool i wouldnt swap it at the moment unless these new M tuners are as good as they say they are.
I can remember people saying how good Rev L3 tuners are and what a pile of shite they were.
Thats why i think people should stick to Ukdreambox and Primusat for their boxes.

Andy.

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 06:29 PM
No one feels should feel bad and I don't think ur an asshole andy. I very much appreciate the help and time ur giving me.
The box came from china, they told me it was a brand new replacement.

Ok how do I check the sim? Take the screws off the back and look inside?

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 06:32 PM
Take the top cover off and check what it looks like , it's positioned just behind the little lcd display screen

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 06:35 PM
or it may have an "e-star" sim , this sim has "e-star" written on it

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 06:46 PM
Ok I've emailed dvbseller to ask what aim it is.

But in the mean time I have the top cover off. What am I looking for? Is it on the little green card behind LCD screen?

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 06:58 PM
if i had to say it was any of them i'd say it was the middle 1 (sim 1)

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 07:04 PM
what i can see on the card is it reletively plain. so solid square of gold like the first one and no red sticker like the 3rd on. its just got a resistor type thing sticking out of the top right hand corner and some gold flat stripes down the middle like circuitry type things that you find of these cards etc

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 07:11 PM
Can you take a pic mate ?

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 07:22 PM
Also check tuner for which revision it is , this may help to date the box , as sim 1 are about 2 years out of date , tuner should have " Rev " with a letter afterwards

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 07:54 PM
can see 800 REV: 1 on the bottom card just by the ethernet port ?? sound about right.

can u inbox me ur phone no. or email and i'll get u a photo over quicksmart?

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 07:57 PM
if the tuner is the little box inside that is onto the LNB ports, theres a little silver cage/cover with eardatex wrote on it ??

Redd16
11th March, 2011, 09:09 PM
ok, ive figured what card u mean, but i cant access it as its buried under what i assume is the tunercard. all i can say is its white. think we're gonna trial and error it and as sim2 failed we'll try sim1.

fingers crossed

southpaw
11th March, 2011, 10:15 PM
here is were sim card is (red box), it can be removed , its just like a mobile phone sim , kind of a sliding cage/trap holds it in place

Redd16
12th March, 2011, 12:21 AM
thats what i've found mate, but the card that comes off the lnb is right up against the right hand side and on top of it so i cant get at it. in your pic its slightly more towards the centre leaving just enough room to lift the card cage up. alas not so on mine, such is the way everything seems to be going with my box

Redd16
12th March, 2011, 12:23 AM
now i cant get dreamup to connect to my box now, it goes through the motions until it gets to the point where the lcd screen would say connected with null serial etc it just keeps displaying the error message instead just spent 2.5 hrs tryin to get it to connect to dreamup

Redd16
12th March, 2011, 12:07 PM
So I ask what the sim it is and the supplier replies with this:

you can update the IMG fild by RS232, dreamup...
thanks!

Stephen.

Thanks for the info

southpaw
12th March, 2011, 01:24 PM
If your competent with elec stuff , you can remove the tuner , 1st you need to remove whole back plate from box , then the tuner can be slid out towards left as you look from front , then the sim is easily accessable

andy91
13th March, 2011, 08:17 PM
After doing some reading and looking around other forums the No Ca Found problem keeps cropping up on boxes imported from China with Sim 2.01.

Seems like people cant get this back even with Dreamup or the patched version with null modem cable.

The main reasom people keep getting the No Ca Found is because the problem is being caused by the Estar sim and there is a fix out there.
Below is a link to retrieve Dreambox 800 with Estar sim.

Hope this helps anyone stuck and a big thankyou to a couple of lads from Dw.
This is not my find and want no credit for their hard work.
Just passes on what ive read.

Download - www.e-star-sim.com (http://www.e-star-sim.com/download.asp?BigClassID=1)

Andy.

ciccioesposito
21st March, 2011, 06:41 PM

Thanks from Italy buddy,
I did exactly like you said and I fixed my problem :party:

sherimian
27th February, 2012, 05:45 AM
thanks mate

sherimian
27th February, 2012, 05:45 AM
thanks mates working like a charm

novice2012
14th March, 2012, 01:29 PM
just started and having same issue will be interesting to see how long it takes to get my head around this

adewale
22nd September, 2012, 07:52 AM
u need to flash the boot loader first via a network cable

digitalscv
8th January, 2013, 03:54 PM
1. Download the file I posted.
2. Use a FTP Program (FlashFXP) to transfer it across to the tmp folder on your Dreambox.
3. On your Dreambox go to File Manager via your remote, highlight the file and press the colour button which indicates install.
4. After installation choose cccam 2.1.4 as the cam to use.
i used filemanager to install but unable to install it via remote control...

5. Open Notepad on your computer, enter the settings you need, save as CCcam.cfg (make sure save as type is "all files").
6. FTP that file to the etc folder on your Dreambox.
7. Happy viewing!!

You may need to reboot your box afterwards.

i even copied a sample cccam.cfg file to /etc but doesnt work and my cam shows common interface

digitalscv
9th January, 2013, 03:00 PM
my image is enigma experomental 07.21.2010, kernel 2.6.18-7.3-dm800 running on dvb800 hd pvr.

http://s7.postimage.org/5yfzcl5iv/photo_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/5yfzcl5iv/)

http://s7.postimage.org/qjur4hn3r/photo_2.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/qjur4hn3r/)

http://s7.postimage.org/3jsp5wenr/photo_3.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/3jsp5wenr/)

above images shows i have cam 1.3 but cannot choose the cam in Blue - Panel

FINALLY i solved it! i installed tspanel and from there install mgcamd latest version and solved my issue.