PDA

View Full Version : Wifi-Bridge

cpo312
8th March, 2011, 08:00 PM
Hi guys:
I just got a Vonet Wifi-Bridge to use on my second Dreambox dm500s upstairs in my house but up till now I am having no success using it to connect my dreambox to the internet. It will not connect at all. I tried to connect the wifi-bridge to the internet using my laptop and I get limited or no connectivity. I know that I am doing somethings wrong I just cannot put my hands on it. I am using the Vodafone Router. Please can someone explain how to correctly connect my box wirelessly. Thanks.

badapple
8th March, 2011, 10:00 PM
Hi m8, try, go into router menu & re-boot your router or do a factory reset first then try re-installing wifi bridge.
I had same problem, but as soon as I re-set router it connected.

cpo312
9th March, 2011, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=badapple;1007142]Hi m8, try, go into router menu & re-boot your router or do a factory reset first then try re-installing wifi bridge.
I had same problem, but as soon as I re-set router it connected.[/QUOTE

Was it a Vodafone Huawei Hg 566a router that you had this problem m8? I did a restart of the router but no joy. I am connected to a dreambox downstairs that I am using at the moment but if I reset the Router is it gonna affect my network settings or not.

badapple
9th March, 2011, 07:54 PM
My router is a Belkin N1 MIMO. It took me ages to connect the wifi bridge to my network. But after a factory reset to router, wifi connected straight away.

If you do a factory reset on router then you will have to
re-connect everything again to your network.

If you just power off & on router this should still keep your connections.

Also make sure in the router options select b+g+n modes.

What error/fail message are you getting?

cpo312
10th March, 2011, 05:35 PM
I get the "limited or no connectivity error. you cannot connect to the internet" and then when I do a connection repair it says Windows cannot complete the repair because it cannot renew IP. Also I check the properties of Wifi-Bridge connection by right-clicking connection and I see that the wifi-bridge has a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 and a weird IP address. that is not even on my network because I am on 255.255.255.0 subnet mask

fozor
14th March, 2012, 03:54 AM
makesure ur clicking on ur network name an pressing next an not putting nefin in ssid field