PDA

View Full Version : help...new to this, spiderbox advice needed

germac
8th March, 2011, 08:17 PM
Hi, Just put up a 1m motorized dish and am getting a spiderbox 9000hd, Was reading some of the threads about it, can youm please tell me what is ment by c/s and what is the best way to get the most from my new set up..

mdt
8th March, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hi, Just put up a 1m motorized dish and am getting a spiderbox 9000hd, Was reading some of the threads about it, can youm please tell me what is ment by c/s and what is the best way to get the most from my new set up..

hi, basically the spiderbox will give you a fantastic choice of european packages when connected to a router/bb connection and used with a motorised dish. you should only need to look into c/s (cardsharing) if you are after the uk channels or viasat ect. the spiderbox will read your own uk card and share it around your own home but wont go outside your network. most sat/cab forums frown upon in-depth c/s discussion (this one included) but there is help/advice available via google if you need it. regards mdt

yasminandrio
8th March, 2011, 08:32 PM
Cardsharing at first u wont need to do that just get used to the box plenty XXX google cardsharing as cant talk about it on here!!

yasminandrio
8th March, 2011, 08:34 PM
hi, basically the spiderbox will give you a fantastic choice of european packages when connected to a router/bb connection and used with a motorised dish. you should only need to look into c/s (cardsharing) if you are after the uk channels or viasat ect. the spiderbox will read your own uk card and share it around your own home but wont go outside your network. most sat/cab forums frown upon in-depth c/s discussion (this one included) but there is help/advice available via google if you need it. regards mdt

Great answer beat me to it!!

germac
8th March, 2011, 08:37 PM
thanks guys for the answer...no intrest in card sharing...just trying to understand my way around this exciting new world...one more question...what does ccam mean?..Thanks again

setfiretorain
8th March, 2011, 11:06 PM
CCcam is a method of card sharing, there's that and Newcamd, CCcam being the most used, Yet newcamd is slowly coming into the picture, However i cant go into further detail over the forum, regards, Ellis.

germac
9th March, 2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks guys for the help. wont be going that route...just wanted to know what these things ment..Are the spiderbox a good buy or is there a better buy out there?

Franktheplank
9th March, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hi, I've had my spiderbox for over 2wks now & their is more than enough on over 30 xxx channels 100+ sports channels with epl on movies & your normal freeview & a lot of hd!!

ashfinch
9th March, 2011, 01:25 PM
so which box is the best? the 9000HD? im new to this aswell after years with the starview box i cant decide which way / box to go for quality tv again? im assuming these make of box/recievers are the best? is there chance of them been cut off again?

Manic01
9th March, 2011, 01:38 PM
These are sat receivers and wont be cut off.
Spiderbox 9000 is best imo.

yasminandrio
9th March, 2011, 02:51 PM
These are sat receivers and wont be cut off.
Spiderbox 9000 is best imo.

Second That:thrasher:

Franktheplank
9th March, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'm loving mine so far s/box9000hd

alom5
9th March, 2011, 11:29 PM
;the spiderbox will read your own uk card and share it around your own home but wont go outside your network.

you sure about that mtd???

i have a full sub with sly and when i put the card in i didn't get the pics clearing. it initialised and then came up with nds. didnt get the pictures tho...

do you have to do anything else, if so, what ??

thanks in advance

setfiretorain
10th March, 2011, 01:47 AM
What do you mean mate, you have put your sly viewing card in the box and picture is not clearing, or your using a C/S on the box and the picture is not clearing, explain more ?

Regards, Ellis.

Manic01
10th March, 2011, 05:18 AM
you sure about that mtd???

i have a full sub with sly and when i put the card in i didn't get the pics clearing. it initialised and then came up with nds. didnt get the pictures tho...

do you have to do anything else, if so, what ??

thanks in advance

boxkey required.

yasminandrio
10th March, 2011, 03:09 PM
boxkey required.

Can you let me know a bit more about Boxkey as i have put sky card in my spiderbox 9000 didn't work then i got a bit of help and we got it working then i had a power cut and can't get it working again, how do i sort out boxkey?

manxspud
10th March, 2011, 03:50 PM
Here is a selection of reading for you do ...

Digital Kaos - Search Results (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=5653983)

basics are the white card is paired with a s@y box, you have convert the box serial into a hex key, and then add it to your Ccam config. This makes the card think its in the receiver it is paired with ... hey presto channels open.

@manx

alom5
10th March, 2011, 08:00 PM
What do you mean mate, you have put your sly viewing card in the box and picture is not clearing, or your using a C/S on the box and the picture is not clearing, explain more ?

Regards, Ellis.

hi ellis, i have the card in the box but no channels clear.....from manic's post i see something about a boxkey and then from manx's post something about acccam config file.

wher the hell is this file on spiderbox. how do you get to it. as everything i done so far has been on usb stick.....

thanks for helping lads.:smokin:

setfiretorain
10th March, 2011, 08:20 PM
Basicly mate your gonna need to add a key to the spider box for the box to function properly with the card, I know there is a way of doing this but until im unsure i won't post it here, I will however post it when I get a better knowledge of it.

Regards, Ellis.

alom5
10th March, 2011, 08:55 PM
i'll wait for your reply then mate.......

notluckyuk
10th March, 2011, 09:50 PM
alom, just sent you a pm...

denzil74
15th January, 2012, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and been doing some search on how to use my sly card on my spiderbox 9000hd. as far as I've read it's been prety helpfull. Like some of the previous posts I get the NDS and the boxkey request, I've done the boxkey part but no further.
It looks like Notluckyuk got the answer to that. Could I be cheeky and ask for a pm with the further instruction if possible at all??
Thanks in advance denil74

coal1
9th September, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hi lads,
Just spent a while playing with my new spiderbox 9900hd.... cant get legit white sly card to initialize... have box key from sly box....but dont even get a chance to enter it... whats default password for 9900hd..
Thanks

ramjet
9th September, 2012, 10:39 PM
you probably need to patch it first, then its 1111

coal1
10th September, 2012, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the reply ramjet,
It has been patched before i got it and its has a login ID of 250MC followed by the mac address.... 1111 doesnt work as a password for that login id..... if i factory reset it and repatch it myself will i be back to original settings? what would be the default ID to go with 1111 then?
Trying to set it up as my home network for my sly sub...have two dm500s which i can change config on to match it when i get it sorted... dm500s wouldn't read sly card either , even with boxkey entered into cccam.cfg folder
Thanks
coal1

ramjet
10th September, 2012, 06:07 PM
you seem to have a few totally incorrect ideas in your last post

1111 opens the patch section from networking on a patched spiderbox, nothing to do with that 250mc + mac code section, although it is in the hidden menu that 1111 opens as does the CAS KEY EDIT above networking on a patched box

1111 is always used on a patched box after patching, just once, to open the cas and hidden menu

factory resettting a box clears the channel list, it doesnt reset it back to factory firmware, reflashing with official firmware flashes it back to factory, which is different altogether

the date in the system info tells you the last patch its on , currently 15 mar 2012

your box will always use the mac address in network to determine the gift login code of 250mc plus most of your mac code, unless the gift has expired in which case it wont connect

a spiderbox will read a sly card once its been patched, the boxkey is only for premium channels access, nothing else. its not even required if you only have the family pack

a dm500 (or800) needs the boxkey for premium access too, but not for the family pack, cccam or newcs or oscam will read the card when setup correctly and none of that has anything to do with any boxkeys

coal1
10th September, 2012, 06:07 PM

by the way , it says darkmania v2 in the bottom right of menu screen so think its the latest patch... not sure .

coal1
10th September, 2012, 06:09 PM
you seem to have a few totally incorrect ideas in your last post

1111 opens the patch section from networking on a patched spiderbox, nothing to do with that 250mc + mac code section, although it is in the hidden menu that 1111 opens as does the CAS KEY EDIT above networking on a patched box

1111 is always used on a patched box after patching, just once, to open the cas and hidden menu

factory resettting a box clears the channel list, it doesnt reset it back to factory firmware, reflashing with official firmware flashes it back to factory, which is different altogether

the date in the system info tells you the last patch its on , currently 15 mar 2012

your box will always use the mac address in network to determine the gift login code of 250mc plus most of your mac code, unless the gift has expired in which case it wont connect

a spiderbox will read a sly card once its been patched, the boxkey is only for premium channels access, nothing else

a dm500 (or800) needs the boxkey for premium access too, but not for the family pack, cccam or newcs or oscam will read the card when setup correctly and none of that has anything to do with any boxkeys

Thanks for that.... will work away with that info and try and get it sorted.... your a gent... thanks for your time

Regards

Coal1