PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

opsmonkey
19th November, 2010, 07:30 PM
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :roflmao:

Echo competition to win a 'half season ticket' for the bitters.. can't give them away.. some people have no shame..

:roflmao:

wongers
19th November, 2010, 08:16 PM
had a littile chuckle about that myself
question:if all scousers are bitters as they will have you believe and there are approx. 4000,000 scousers how come they can't sell all of there season tickets answers to e.f.c. supporters club address: cloud cukoo land :thefinger:

opsmonkey
20th November, 2010, 09:06 PM
My god West Ham were dire... We could have smashed them if we kept going.. Could have even broke the 9-0 record against C Palace...

That was like a training match.. hope we can take that confidence to the Spurs game

pillapow
20th November, 2010, 10:37 PM
My god West Ham were dire... We could have smashed them if we kept going.. Could have even broke the 9-0 record against C Palace...

That was like a training match.. hope we can take that confidence to the Spurs game

Yeh, Played some nice football but the setup isnt ideal... Think Poulson got his first shot on goal aswell.... Torres was quiet.. Ngog goes down too easy, Not what we want..
Nearly won me 4:0 bet aswell...... nearly..

opsmonkey
20th November, 2010, 11:13 PM
the setup was bang on tonight mate... you obviously watched a different match.. the midfield owned West Ham.. Torres was a provider, he was hardly quiet, i saw him turn defenders in and out, also he hit the inside of the bar / post with a pile driver... the only thing he didn't do was score..

armchair you lad sometimes.. who said he was quiet on Sky Sports for you to agree..??

boomer39
20th November, 2010, 11:46 PM
Yeh, Played some nice football but the setup isnt ideal... Think Poulson got his first shot on goal aswell.... Torres was quiet.. Ngog goes down too easy, Not what we want..
Nearly won me 4:0 bet aswell...... nearly..
1/ never bet on football.
2/ n/gog and nando should play together . regular....
3/ is poulson, "matt" in disguise?
4/ should have been 5 or 6 ... or more.
5/carra.... what a guy... only cally has played more games....

pillapow
21st November, 2010, 11:54 AM
the setup was bang on tonight mate... you obviously watched a different match.. the midfield owned West Ham.. Torres was a provider, he was hardly quiet, i saw him turn defenders in and out, also he hit the inside of the bar / post with a pile driver... the only thing he didn't do was score..

armchair you lad sometimes.. who said he was quiet on Sky Sports for you to agree..??

Maybe so but dont forget it was the worst team in the prem, worthy of **** all... Opinions will differ of course but dont harp on when they do... Poulson did give the ball away once or twice as did Torres, 2nd half was slow, sitting back and lacked any creativity, im sure you seen that.. There you are... Get them beer goggles off and watch it again.. ;) BTW West Ham played so shit they made Poulson look good.. You cant get excited over it, 2nd half was empty... Real game next week.

opsmonkey
21st November, 2010, 01:58 PM
you can only play against what's in front of you..

whinge when we loose, whinge when we win.. :rolleyes:

pillapow
21st November, 2010, 03:28 PM
you can only play against what's in front of you..

whinge when we loose, whinge when we win.. :rolleyes:

Its all part of the job of being an armchair supporter mate.

Endeve
21st November, 2010, 05:27 PM
Pero por qu? todo est? en ingl

PremierD
21st November, 2010, 08:54 PM
Pero por qu? todo est? en ingl?s

Esto no es compa?ero... pero para contestar su pregunta, su porque Esto es un ingl?s que habla foro....

maca
21st November, 2010, 08:57 PM
Esto no es compa?ero... pero para contestar su pregunta, su porque Esto es un ingl?s que habla foro....

really no way lol

mrgasman
21st November, 2010, 10:38 PM
But why everything is in English

This is no companion but to answer his question because this is an English speaking forum

google translate :bandit:

PremierD
21st November, 2010, 10:42 PM
Got it in one mate ....now if he cannot speak english how will he understand ...:bandit: ...........

maca
21st November, 2010, 10:48 PM
well im not english im scouse and google helped me lol

Wolfpack
21st November, 2010, 10:59 PM
Big deal we beat West Ham they are bad and will go down. Forget bringing back players on loan we need to sign a solid holding midfielder and either play Babel down the left cause we need his pace or get someone else. For now play Kelly at RB move Johnson up front on the right and move Kuryt down the left and tell Lucus if he attacks he will get a beating. If Roy keeps putting out the same lineups we will see more of the same. I know he has a tough job but it is no excuse for ~~~~ing up

maca
21st November, 2010, 11:02 PM
babel should be prosecuted under the trades discription act for pretending to be a footballer.....

Bulld0g
21st November, 2010, 11:21 PM

es un foro de habla Ingl

Bulld0g
21st November, 2010, 11:26 PM
I thought it was one of those games where everyone palyed well, even Poulsen. Ok it was only West ham but right now we're not much better on paper, so overall, a good performance and above all a good result :)

PremierD
21st November, 2010, 11:27 PM
lol lol lol

joe3666
21st November, 2010, 11:55 PM
lol lol lolwe won ok it was west ham but we beat the scum chelsea who were beaten by birmingham saturday so still on for the 4th spot hoping lol live in hope not on dope pmsl

pillapow
22nd November, 2010, 04:23 PM
Spurs had a tough game against Arsenal, They have a tough game mid-week v Werder Bremen, Which will leave them tenderised and juicy for us to sink our teeth in come weekend. Crucial 3 points these, Weeks rest for us we must sieze our chance... Hit Old Harry where it hurts the gormless looking c*unt...

opsmonkey
23rd November, 2010, 01:32 PM
Italian media hinting that Benitez will be given the flick from Inter by Christmas.. 6th place.. 9 points off the lead..

This was an all conquering team before the waiter got his mitts on it..

Anyone still wanting this clown back at Anfield should be squirming in their seat

pillapow
23rd November, 2010, 02:16 PM
Italian media hinting that Benitez will be given the flick from Inter by Christmas.. 6th place.. 9 points off the lead..

This was an all conquering team before the waiter got his mitts on it..

Anyone still wanting this clown back at Anfield should be squirming in their seat

I didnt want him to leave but i certainly wouldnt have him back, not now, He was never going to fill Jose's shoes anyway, People who thought he would aint got a clue.. I seen a bit of the game, Inter v Chievo i think it was the other night, They literally stood still whilst the opposition scored goals, I'd put money on him getting the boot aswell.. Theres no motivator like Mourinho.. Come to Anfield..

Btw, I dont think Inter is an all conquering team, (not now) Its down to Mourinho, Whichever team he coaches, They will be the best.. Im still waiting for his book to be returned to the bastard library, been over a month now.

wongers
23rd November, 2010, 08:19 PM
FATHER CHRISTMAS IS BRINGING ME LFC DUVET SET
ask him for mourhino's book as well when you go the grotto lol

massekorn
23rd November, 2010, 08:21 PM
Discuss all things related to the best and most successful English club ever...:)
thats right i love it

joe3666
23rd November, 2010, 11:33 PM
Spurs had a tough game against Arsenal, They have a tough game mid-week v Werder Bremen, Which will leave them tenderised and juicy for us to sink our teeth in come weekend. Crucial 3 points these, Weeks rest for us we must sieze our chance... Hit Old Harry where it hurts the gormless looking c*unt...easy 3 pints in the bag for us

thats liverpool:champions:

pillapow
24th November, 2010, 12:03 AM
FATHER CHRISTMAS IS BRINGING ME LFC DUVET SET
ask him for mourhino's book as well when you go the grotto lol

Its on me list mate.......

pillapow
24th November, 2010, 08:13 PM
Come on, Who are we going to be signing in January then seeing as its likely we will be signing someone, Wouldnt mind that Eden Hazard, Hazard and Torres..... Dreams..

Bulld0g
24th November, 2010, 08:28 PM
What's with the avvy Pilla ?

pillapow
24th November, 2010, 08:31 PM
What's with the avvy Pilla ?

My avvy will change with every fixture, This one is for sunday.. Luck might be on our side, See what happens in 15 mins..

Bulld0g
24th November, 2010, 08:32 PM
Okedokee :dontknow:

pillapow
24th November, 2010, 11:50 PM
Someone ****ing died or what?

opsmonkey
28th November, 2010, 07:10 PM
I do hope both Torres and Maxi are reamed out for missing fcuking sitters.. my 7 year old lad would have slotted them away..

Bulld0g
28th November, 2010, 07:14 PM
Not one to complain about refs, but ~~~~ me what an arse that ~~~~er was. He gifted Spuds the points with his bad decisions. Piss poor :( enough said

opsmonkey
28th November, 2010, 07:22 PM
this day just gets better... thats the FA Cup down the shitter

opsmonkey
28th November, 2010, 07:25 PM
Not one to complain about refs, but ~~~~ me what an arse that ~~~~er was. He gifted Spuds the points with his bad decisions. Piss poor :( enough said

he was dreadful... bottled it again.. Atkinson is a big bottling cnut..

didn't cost us the match though.. we should have been 0-3 up by the 47th minute..

How the fcuk Torres and Maxi can earn the money they do for shite like that... Seen better finishing on a Sunday morning out my window

Players should be on performance related play.. i bet they'd slot the twats away then

boomer39
28th November, 2010, 10:24 PM
what a shite weekend. end of.....

Wolfpack
28th November, 2010, 11:16 PM
Konchesky was ~~~~ing bad today where was he when lennon was making a run on the ball. How can maxi not get a shot on goal. The ref really sucked must of had a bet on the game. I have to give Torres a pass cause to me he took one to many touches and the other was on the wrong foot but should of scored. Roy should of played Torres alone up front and left Ngo on the bench. If Gerrard played we win 4 to 1 thanks capello. I'm so pissed!!

dctyper
29th November, 2010, 12:09 AM
konchesky is the biggest waste of time ever, everone played ok except him, i know torres was a bit poo but he still created some chances

mrgasman
29th November, 2010, 12:28 AM
what a shite weekend. end of.....

That's a matter of opinion as i personally thought it was once again a magnificent,superb,wonderful,amazing,brilliant,fan tastic and truly BEA OOOTIFUL weekend. I didnt know wtf to do with ma cock it was just a **** fest of football. But as i say matter of opinion lol
.:reddy:

opsmonkey
29th November, 2010, 12:32 AM
Torres once again showing he's up for it :rolleyes:

Paul Mernock - Torres' body language told a tale today I thought, clearly not happy. Non-reaction to Spurs' peno here #lfc - TwitVid (http://bit.ly/fQf7Yx)

joe3666
29th November, 2010, 01:02 AM
look on the bright side we have scummy man u in the carling cup we will walk it lol

opsmonkey
29th November, 2010, 01:32 AM
You mean the FA Cup :rolleyes:

mrgasman
29th November, 2010, 01:42 AM
look on the bright side we have scummy man u in the carling cup we will walk it lol

Yea good luck with that :hmmmm2:

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/northampton_town/9026375.stm)

imanob
29th November, 2010, 11:27 AM
overall didnt think we played that bad should have been won just after half time thou very poor finishing dont no what ngog doin for the pen stupid boy thought we had a good shout for a pen ref was poor thou with abit of luck we might have left that full back in london what a waste he is on the cup draw could have been better but a sad day when peeps think were out before we kick a ball in the comp dont you think ?

boomer39
29th November, 2010, 11:43 AM
That's a matter of opinion as i personally thought it was once again a magnificent,superb,wonderful,amazing,brilliant,fan tastic and truly BEA OOOTIFUL weekend. I didnt know wtf to do with ma cock it was just a **** fest of football. But as i say matter of opinion lol
.:reddy:
a matter of opinion in a liverpool thread.....end of....

pillapow
29th November, 2010, 11:47 AM
I thought we played well, Considering it was at WHL, Spurs are on a role and we came the closest to beating them out of the last 4-5 games they have played, I must admit, Im warming to Roys style of play, Konchesky fcuked up near the end and roy knows it, Great game of football and we are looking better every game.. We were unlucky but were starting to play some real good football, it can only get better.

pillapow
29th November, 2010, 12:08 PM
overall didnt think we played that bad should have been won just after half time thou very poor finishing dont no what ngog doin for the pen stupid boy thought we had a good shout for a pen ref was poor thou with abit of luck we might have left that full back in london what a waste he is on the cup draw could have been better but a sad day when peeps think were out before we kick a ball in the comp dont you think ?

Anybody who writes Liverpool off before any game at all havent got a fcuking clue whatsoever.

pillapow
29th November, 2010, 12:54 PM
this day just gets better... thats the FA Cup down the shitter

Dear me, Ye of little faith, We are Liverpool..!!

dctyper
29th November, 2010, 12:58 PM
we have roy hodgson...yey

pillapow
29th November, 2010, 01:05 PM
we have roy hodgson...yey
Aye we do, Im confident Roy will have us in the top four come the season end, We have a run of winnable games for sure.. ;)

dctyper
29th November, 2010, 07:14 PM
his tactics are wrong, he plays his mates who aint good enought so i bet we wont be up there at all!

dc

wongers
29th November, 2010, 08:07 PM
Aye we do, Im confident Roy will have us in the top four come the season end, We have a run of winnable games for sure.. ;)

~~~~ me pilla make your mind up son look back at some of your posts absolutely villifying hodgson and now saying you have faith in him! make your mind up mate, personally i think he is the worst manager i've ever seen at liverpool he's second rate and has always managed second rate teams his away record in his whole career is shocking some of his statements to the press are cringeworthy, god help us if he is left to his own devices for the rest of this season

boomer39
29th November, 2010, 11:02 PM
~~~~ me pilla make your mind up son look back at some of your posts absolutely villifying hodgson and now saying you have faith in him! make your mind up mate, personally i think he is the worst manager i've ever seen at liverpool he's second rate and has always managed second rate teams his away record in his whole career is shocking some of his statements to the press are cringeworthy, god help us if he is left to his own devices for the rest of this season
worst manager you've seen???? how many managers have you seen??? the fellas had 4 months for gods sake... if we had won, and ok its a big if, but we should and could have won, we would be 5/6th... 5 weeks ago we were 2nd from bottom... so what has he done wrong since then?

dctyper
30th November, 2010, 08:51 AM
not the worste but his comments do piss me off, he doesnt want to upset anyone so hes always the politician, instead of being posative. must have an effect on the team

dc

pillapow
30th November, 2010, 02:20 PM
Yeh i slated Roy but its clear the team is moving forward and it can only get better, Now our local two are out gives the chance to show what Liverpool really are made of, As for Roy & his press talk, I like the old sod.. He gets the season then go from there, Also i would hope he brings in at least one top player come Jan, If it doesnt happen its safe to assume hes already sacked come summer.?

dctyper
30th November, 2010, 02:32 PM
i know carra has been a rock but i do think the future is skirtle and agger. i hope roy see's this and lets them play together. we could get something good out of bad

dc

wongers
30th November, 2010, 08:26 PM
worst manager you've seen???? how many managers have you seen??? the fellas had 4 months for gods sake... if we had won, and ok its a big if, but we should and could have won, we would be 5/6th... 5 weeks ago we were 2nd from bottom... so what has he done wrong since then?

well i've been watching the reds since 1965 so i think i've seen a few i won't bore you with the names but you all know them some have been some of the greatest managers in football history and all have been successfull if i'm not mistaken and i think all realised how big this club is unlike the person we have in charge now and i know he's only been in charge for a few months but that does not change my opinion of him formed not over 4 months but over his whole managerial career you obviously have a different opinion which i respect but you won't change mine! look at his record not just at liverpool but everywere he's been winning the swiss league is only a platform for going on to bigger things ,he has't, he failed at inter he failed at blackburn what do you base being successful on winning major trophies? he never has he's 62 and this is probably the biggest job he's ever had, at that age most managers have been there and done it ,tell me has he ? and the very fact we were 2nd from bottom at any time this season say's it all for me are worst start for over 50 years just think about that m8,we didn't have much money and he spent over ten mill. on poulson and konchesky how are they doing for us?i think i've made my point if you don't agree fair enough

Bulld0g
30th November, 2010, 08:41 PM
Yeh i slated Roy but its clear the team is moving forward and it can only get better, Now our local two are out gives the chance to show what Liverpool really are made of, As for Roy & his press talk, I like the old sod.. He gets the season then go from there, Also i would hope he brings in at least one top player come Jan, If it doesnt happen its safe to assume hes already sacked come summer.?

~~~~ me your fickle. You were calling for his head after four games, now we've moved up the table, you say the team are moving in the right direction, do you realize we are still only five points off relegation. will two or three bad results make you change your mind about him again :dontknow:

boomer39
1st December, 2010, 12:25 AM
well i've been watching the reds since 1965 so i think i've seen a few i won't bore you with the names but you all know them some have been some of the greatest managers in football history and all have been successfull if i'm not mistaken and i think all realised how big this club is unlike the person we have in charge now and i know he's only been in charge for a few months but that does not change my opinion of him formed not over 4 months but over his whole managerial career you obviously have a different opinion which i respect but you won't change mine! look at his record not just at liverpool but everywere he's been winning the swiss league is only a platform for going on to bigger things ,he has't, he failed at inter he failed at blackburn what do you base being successful on winning major trophies? he never has he's 62 and this is probably the biggest job he's ever had, at that age most managers have been there and done it ,tell me has he ? and the very fact we were 2nd from bottom at any time this season say's it all for me are worst start for over 50 years just think about that m8,we didn't have much money and he spent over ten mill. on poulson and konchesky how are they doing for us?i think i've made my point if you don't agree fair enough
any manager can NOT be judged on 15 league games...i am not saying he is good/bad or indifferent. but he has to be given a chance. r/madrid got tonked last night. would you say jose m. should be sacked etc???
shanks took 5 years to get us going, taggart was a few games from being sacked,so they say, but look what happened!
ok, roy's not a long term answer but can you foresee a replacement? i cant.

pillapow
1st December, 2010, 10:58 AM
~~~~ me your fickle. You were calling for his head after four games, now we've moved up the table, you say the team are moving in the right direction, do you realize we are still only five points off relegation. will two or three bad results make you change your mind about him again :dontknow:

~~~~ sake when i was hounding him you said give the man a chance, Now i give him a chance and still get slated, either way i'll have my own view on hodgson whatever it may be and its nothing to do with "moving up the table" its to do with team performance which is without a doubt improving.

imanob
1st December, 2010, 02:15 PM
~~~~ sake when i was hounding him you said give the man a chance, Now i give him a chance and still get slated, either way i'll have my own view on hodgson whatever it may be and its nothing to do with "moving up the table" its to do with team performance which is without a doubt improving.
you are abit of a nob really arnt you go back an read what you wrote about him we had a decent game on sunday but still got beat we beat whu who we all no r crap not t ake anything away from the chelsea performance but there results since have proved we played them at the right time

pillapow
1st December, 2010, 03:30 PM
you are abit of a nob really arnt you go back an read what you wrote about him we had a decent game on sunday but still got beat we beat whu who we all no r crap not t ake anything away from the chelsea performance but there results since have proved we played them at the right time

I dont have to go back on anything, I know what i have wrote about Roy Hodgson, If i want to change my opinion on him i will, West Ham arent shite at all mate, I watched them walk over United with ease last night... What exactly is your point with regards to your comment.. Dont call me a nob mate, thats an understatement, I am a grade A CNUT.. Your name indicates you clearly are a nobend and know **** all.

gmb45
1st December, 2010, 03:33 PM
keep it civil peeps, banter is one thing, slagging each other is another.

imanob
1st December, 2010, 08:03 PM
I dont have to go back on anything, I know what i have wrote about Roy Hodgson, If i want to change my opinion on him i will, West Ham arent shite at all mate, I watched them walk over United with ease last night... What exactly is your point with regards to your comment.. Dont call me a nob mate, thats an understatement, I am a grade A CNUT.. Your name indicates you clearly are a nobend and know **** all.
ok sorry bout callin you a nob ? my point is and read this slowly whu are crap one result dont make a good team remember you wanted him out from day one and you posted alot about this now after a defeat by spurs you seem to think hes ok fickle was the right word for you remember all the crap games you not been to before you start posting about us being better

wongers
1st December, 2010, 08:34 PM
any manager can NOT be judged on 15 league games...i am not saying he is good/bad or indifferent. but he has to be given a chance. r/madrid got tonked last night. would you say jose m. should be sacked etc???
shanks took 5 years to get us going, taggart was a few games from being sacked,so they say, but look what happened!
ok, roy's not a long term answer but can you foresee a replacement? i cant.

i don't want to get into prolonged arguments about R.H. you have your views i have mine, on the questions you ask that was jose's first defeat as a r.madrid manager and they were up against a barca side that were on fire who now top there league there not stoke/blackpool are they? and i would say that jose has had a small amount of success in his managerial career wouldn't you ?when shanks took over LFC they were in the doldrums so it would take a while to get them going the rest is history as they say !wether or not taggart was x amount of games from the sack we'll never know but i bet there glad they didn't sack him, on a replacement as i've already stated we'd all have loved mourinoh but that was never going to happen i don't have a preferance but what we do need is a proven winner as a manager its not RH

pillapow
1st December, 2010, 11:21 PM
Ashley Young misses the Liverpool game..

boomer39
1st December, 2010, 11:31 PM
pilla... have you ever read sir bobs autobiography?? doubt it , but if you have ,you may recall in the late 80's or early 90's, before paul ince signed for the dung, we play whu in the league cup . we got tonked 4-0 ? i think ince scored a hatrick but not 100% on that. john lyall was their boss.he said after the game that whu were in a different league to us... sir bob, in his autobio years later commented on this and said "at the end of the season,they were"... the same will happen this year....but it was sweet.............................top getting tonked by bottom.... even we beat whu.....

pillapow
2nd December, 2010, 06:34 PM
What a let down that world cup bid was, had my hopes up, all excited until it said russia, lol, still, at least we will qualify as group winners tonight.

pillapow
2nd December, 2010, 09:24 PM
Well well, 4-4-2 in one half of the pitch for 45 mins, got a goal on the rare occasion of being in there half, If its anyone, Its Jova who has proven himself, Then 2nd half we were shite, holding on for the draw at the end....

Pepe was unlucky and he held his hands up afterwards thats all it was, I know he will get the back ripped out of him by some cnuts via the forums. Tactics could of been better.....

maca
2nd December, 2010, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=pillapow;870407]Well well, 4-4-2 in one half of the pitch for 45 mins, got a goal on the rare occasion of being in there half, If its anyone, Its Jova who has proven himself, Then 2nd half we were shite, holding on for the draw at the end....

Pepe was unlucky and he held his hands up afterwards thats all it was, I know he will get the back ripped out of him by some cnuts via the forums. Tactics could of been better.....[/QUOT

blame roy hey pilla ? or no better not were going in the right direction now. Then again yes you can' or should we wait until you decide otherwise :hmmmm2: by the way what color shirt do you wear when we play the bitters????

pillapow
2nd December, 2010, 09:53 PM
blame roy hey pilla ? or no better not were going in the right direction now. Then again yes you can' or should we wait until you decide otherwise :hmmmm2: by the way what color shirt do you wear when we play the bitters????

WTF speak English softarse.. We were solid 1st half, thats roys style like it or not, 2nd half was dire.....

maca
2nd December, 2010, 09:54 PM
WTF speak English softarse..

and now you know how we feel :roflmao:

pillapow
2nd December, 2010, 10:08 PM
and now you know how we feel :roflmao:

Cheeky bugger, Come on then sum up tonights performance.

maca
2nd December, 2010, 10:17 PM
im waiting on them knob eds from sky to tell me what to say so until then your going to have to wait prisilla m8

boomer39
2nd December, 2010, 11:11 PM
Cheeky bugger, Come on then sum up tonights performance.
pepe...captain... did a job...top of group.. end of...ask the dungers ....

pillapow
3rd December, 2010, 12:00 AM
bollocks to the lot of ya, funny bastards think ya know it all, ya know **** all. ;)

Wolfpack
3rd December, 2010, 03:31 AM
Pepe should of saved the shot but does it really matter we one top of the group

Bulld0g
4th December, 2010, 07:48 PM
In a fascinating interview ahead of Gerard Houllier's return to Anfield on Monday, Jamie Carragher explains why he regards the Frenchman, in his first three years at Anfield at least, as the best manager he's ever worked with...

It's 9.30am on a frosty morning in Merseyside, where the memory of a late defeat to Tottenham Hotspur two days previous is about to be blotted further by news that Jamie Carragher will be sidelined for three months.

A dislocated shoulder suffered during a seemingly innocuous challenge on former teammate Peter Crouch will keep the 32-year-old in the treatment room until late February at least. Carragher could be excused for not being in the best of moods.

It says much about the man that he still arrives on cue for a pre-arranged sit down with Liverpoolfc.tv. Most footballers - forgivably - would have postponed. It's also an illustration of the high regard he has for old boss Gerard Houllier, who is the subject of today's interview.

In football, as in all walks of public life, perspective arrives only with patience. For many years after the press conference announcing his departure from the club, analysis of the Houllier era was bottom-heavy. The final two years, the inability to translate cup success into league glory, the litany of misjudged signings such as El Hadji Diouf and Bruno Cheyrou - it was all too fresh in the mind. The 2001 treble, it often seemed, was a prefix to failure.

"He came back too soon," says Carragher, referring to Houllier's dramatic return to the dugout for our Champions League encounter with Roma in March 2002 - just weeks after undergoing heart surgery.

"I think he'd say himself now that he'd probably have been better waiting until the end of the season. That was just his enthusiasm for football. Obviously it didn't help him that summer when he made certain decisions but for the first three or four years he was the best manager I've had.

"He wasn't so much a coach, he was a manager. He was fantastic in a team meeting in getting you pumped up for a game, getting everyone together and team spirit."

So, six eventful years on, how would Carragher define the Houllier era?

"He put us back on the map in Europe with that UEFA Cup run in 2001," says the now veteran defender. "He was also the first manager to get us into the Champions League.

"The treble in 2001 is definitely under-appreciated. That season was unbelievable. To win a trophy in a season is a great thing. To win three?

"It's not just the finals. You've got the quarter-finals and the semi-finals - they're all massive games. Everything is on a knife-edge. Lose one game and it all falls apart.

"There were signings that didn't work but look at Sami Hyypia - what a signing he was. Markus Babbel, Didi Hamann, Stephane Henchoz, Gary Mac - these signings. Look at what Heskey did in the treble season. Look at the way he made me and Danny Murphy better players and brought Steven Gerrard through."

Carragher will himself be best remembered for his performance during one night in Istanbul, for overcoming sustained bouts for cramp to ensure the greatest comeback of them all didn't morph into a story of what might have been.

But while he regards lifting the Champions League trophy as his finest hour, Carragher argues that the treble was and is an even more remarkable feat.

"It's actually a better achievement than Istanbul," said our No.23. "Istanbul as a one off will never be beaten by anyone but someone wins the Champions League every year. To win three cup competitions in one season - that's not something that happens very often, not just at Liverpool but anywhere."

Houllier famously declared in the aftermath of Istanbul that it was largely his team that had triumphed. After all, he argued, 12 of the 14 players who wore red in the Ataturk were either signed or, in the case of Steven Gerrard and Carragher himself, nurtured on his watch.

For some, this undermines the tactical brilliance Rafael Benitez displayed to guide the Reds past Bayer Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea and, after a dreadful first half, AC Milan. Not forgetting the immense contribution of Benitez signings Luis Garcia and Xabi Alonso.

It also ignores the fact that most observers - including Carragher - felt it was right for Houllier to leave the club a year earlier.

"Don't get me wrong - the players and Rafa, it was our team," reflects Carragher. "But a lot of the players Gerard brought through played a major part in Istanbul. He's got to take some of the credit for that.

"Whenever a manager leaves it's because things haven't gone too well towards the end - it was the same with Rafa Benitez lately. But what Gerard left was winners in the team. He didn't inherit a team of winners.

"Even though the team wasn't doing too well, there were players in the squad who knew how to win trophies. Myself, Sami, Stevie, Michael, Didi, John Arne Riise. All these players had played in major finals. That made Rafa Benitez's job a bit easier coming in - he had players who knew how to win."

Carragher played his 650th game for Liverpool against West Ham last month and is now placed fifth - just behind Ian Rush - in the club's all-time appearance list.

This, perhaps, is another aspect of Houllier's legacy that is undervalued.

It was the Frenchman who warned Carragher to reel in any excesses early in his career; Houllier who brought the training facilities and methods at Melwood into the 21st century; Houllier who nagged him to get a girlfriend and settle down.

"The club and the team he came to was maybe set in its ways from the old days; going out drinking and enjoying your wins," says Carragher. "He certainly put a stop to that and he was certainly proved right by the success he had in his first few seasons.

"When we won the treble in 2001 - that's when the penny finally dropped.

"After the FA Cup final, no one was allowed a drink even though we'd won - and we went on to win the UEFA Cup final. These things make a difference.

"The fact I'm still playing now, and you look at Danny Murphy, Stevie, Michael Owen, Heskey - all those players from back then are still playing around the 30 mark or over. A lot of that is down to the manager.

"It probably wouldn't have been possible (to play 650 games) without the advice he gave me off the pitch. He's someone who came in just after Arsene Wenger and revolutionised English football in terms of how we look after ourselves.

"He was (on at me to get a girlfriend). I think all managers want players to settle down. It keeps them in. It wasn't just me - he was like that with other young players in the team.

"He was the biggest influence on my career because of what I won with him, how he influenced me as a player and what he gave me off the pitch."

Even today, more than six years after his Anfield reign ended, Houllier takes a keen interest in Carragher's wellbeing.

"He sent me a message about my shoulder and I spoke to him on the phone about how to come back and different things," explains Carragher. "He's given me a lot of support there, which is appreciated."

Having admitted that he could have been forced to hang up his boots by now without Houllier's mentoring, there is a certain irony in the fact that a rare injury will prevent Carragher facing the Frenchman's new club on Monday.

The centre-back knows there will be no room for sentiment as Liverpool look to bounce back from the Spurs defeat, but he is hoping the Kop gives Houllier the welcome his trophy haul and dedication to the club deserves.

"I'm expecting a great reception for what he did and also what he went through. He basically had a heart attack because he was putting so much work into trying to get Liverpool back to the top.

"He's the manager I won 70 or 80 per cent of my trophies with, he's someone I get on very well with and I'd like to see him do well. Though obviously not on Monday."

Carra: Houllier***039;s my top boss - Liverpool FC (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/carra-houllier-s-my-top-boss)

dctyper
4th December, 2010, 08:59 PM
i think babel and jovnovic proved themselves again. hodgson better open his eyes lol

boomer39
4th December, 2010, 10:31 PM
i think babel and jovnovic proved themselves again. hodgson better open his eyes lol
how did they prove themselves? babel's been shite for 3 seasons... played reasonably well but hardly proof of "lfc" quality. jovanovic scored a very good goal... but pepe let in a howler... would you then say pepe should go???

opsmonkey
5th December, 2010, 02:32 AM
Babel has had more than enough chances.. Playing ok against weak opposition is nowhere near the standard we need.. He has consistently shown he isn't up to the calibre required for the Premier League and Champions League.. He should have gone a long time ago.. Jovanovic is new to the club and league and just may need to settle a bit.. I'd be prepared to offer him another year, but if he's not cutting it by next Jan I'd be looking for him to be offloaded

dctyper
5th December, 2010, 09:46 AM
he is good enough, but he hasnt prooved himself.

like any player or anyone who plays footie knows, you need a run of games, he has never had a run of games

dc

Bulld0g
5th December, 2010, 09:55 AM
Who, Babel ? He played 49 games in his first season 30in the prem. 42 the next with 27 in the prem and 38 last season with 25 out of 38 in the prem, and he hasn't had a run ? He's just not good enough, when he leaves here it will be for a lesser club, of that i've no doubt.

pillapow
5th December, 2010, 11:55 AM
Jovanovic is new to the club and league and just may need to settle a bit.. I'd be prepared to offer him another year, but if he's not cutting it by next Jan I'd be looking for him to be offloaded

I think he is a good player, Hes a hungry player, Unlike Babble..

boomer39
5th December, 2010, 04:46 PM
he is good enough, but he hasnt prooved himself.

like any player or anyone who plays footie knows, you need a run of games, he has never had a run of games

dc
have you ever looked into how many games "supersub" started for us?? think you may find he didnt need a run of games!!!

dctyper
5th December, 2010, 06:57 PM
10 minutes a game is no a run lol

do you guys play footie?

opsmonkey
5th December, 2010, 10:20 PM
are you for real DC..??? Every game he has started he has been dreadful in the premier league and champions league..

a complete Benitez flop, he has played 140 times for us and never shown anything close to the ?10m wasted on him..

I'll ask you if you play football, because I for one wouldn't want a player in our side who trotted around, doing sweet fa

boomer39
5th December, 2010, 10:25 PM
10 minutes a game is no a run lol

do you guys play footie?
ask supersub.......................................... ......

opsmonkey
5th December, 2010, 10:27 PM
if Babel spent more time wanting to play when he was on the pitch as he does 'tweeting' and rapping off it then maybe he'd be a half decent player..

He's got a very bad attitude, gives up very easily.. a complete lack of moral courage..

pillapow
5th December, 2010, 10:58 PM
Hopefully we will sell him very soon.

mrgasman
5th December, 2010, 11:09 PM
Who, Babel ? He played 49 games in his first season 30in the prem. 42 the next with 27 in the prem and 38 last season with 25 out of 38 in the prem, and he hasn't had a run ? He's just not good enough, when he leaves here it will be for a lesser club, of that i've no doubt.

Acrington Stanley pmsfl

pillapow
6th December, 2010, 05:21 PM
Got a good run of games at anfield, i reckon 12-15 points from them and we will be back up 4-5th place,

dctyper
6th December, 2010, 08:36 PM
He's got a very bad attitude, gives up very easily.. a complete lack of moral courage..

thats down to confidence and yes i do, county league infact.

he is starting tonight as torres' wife is in labour

opsmonkey
6th December, 2010, 09:52 PM
True to form, I slag him off and then he pulls it out the bag.. Looks very hungry, haven't seen a display like this since his first season.. Obviously reads DK and is responding to my criticism.. So I'll take the plaudits for his display so far ;)

dctyper
6th December, 2010, 10:53 PM
lol, if you think about it, under rafa, he would play well then get dropped, it would knowck his confidence.

im not a fan of hodgsens negetivity but he is good at nurturing young talent. ngog is absaloutly stunning at footie, his touch is the best ive seen.

i thought they played really well tonight, good to see maxi score after he fluffed a few chances the other week. kuyt wasnt firing on all cylinders but overall a good match

dc

boomer39
6th December, 2010, 11:37 PM
lol, if you think about it, under rafa, he would play well then get dropped, it would knowck his confidence.

im not a fan of hodgsens negetivity but he is good at nurturing young talent. ngog is absaloutly stunning at footie, his touch is the best ive seen.

i thought they played really well tonight, good to see maxi score after he fluffed a few chances the other week. kuyt wasnt firing on all cylinders but overall a good match

dc
think that without 3 of our 4 best players were did really well.. but personally i think villa were as bad as whu... would have liked to have seen martin kelly on earlier, think he could be crucial to our back 4 in the future, very similar to carra's start. but midfield for me is our weak point.

pillapow
6th December, 2010, 11:59 PM
Great display, Moved the ball well, Glad Babel got a goal, I think we are becoming a force again and Roys style of play is really showing, Roy is God..! West Ham & Villa arent bad, We just made em look bad..!

boomer39
7th December, 2010, 12:13 AM
Great display, Moved the ball well, Glad Babel got a goal, I think we are becoming a force again and Roys style of play is really showing, Roy is God..! West Ham & Villa arent bad, We just made em look bad..!
well maybe thats why whu are bottom and villa are not far short of bottom!!! we were not that good... but good enough to beat a poor side....

opsmonkey
7th December, 2010, 12:16 AM
10pts off the top... 4 good wins back to back could put us up there lol

pillapow
7th December, 2010, 12:17 AM
well maybe thats why whu are bottom and villa are not far short of bottom!!! we were not that good... but good enough to beat a poor side....

No way mate, How can you say we were not that good, Missing our top 3 and play like we did, I think we are improving, leaps and bounds game by game, Why arent you impressed? Anfield was.

Fellianis Wig
7th December, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hello friendly bluesheite here

Was impressed with you lot tonight considering the players missing

Old woy me boy is starting to get a very organised team on the go lads

8/10

opsmonkey
7th December, 2010, 12:21 AM
Hello friendly bluesheite here

:eek: haven't seen one of them for years mate... so welcome aboard :D

Need to do it week in week out though...

Wolfpack
7th December, 2010, 02:45 AM
Good win tonight but Villa played really bad. We didn't pass the ball that good Villa was just lazy to go get it. I seen on the TV Xabi Alonso was at the game. Does that mean he had enough from that as*ho*e Jose Mourinho

imanob
7th December, 2010, 10:03 AM
good performance last nite needed it sittin in that cold dont how they can charge over 3quid for 2 bovrils thou was impressed with the way we didnt let them settle in there half pushed out from our back line to to soon to think were back but its a start let hope it not a false one like so many before has babel finally arrived i dont think so so many times ive thought that i do think he will be a good player when he leaves us thou maybe best for both of us when he do

dctyper
7th December, 2010, 10:46 AM
so who here goes to anfield regularly? i live in brighton but tend to go up every 1-2 months for a game. fancy meeting up sometime? organise a dk at anfield day?

dc

boomer39
7th December, 2010, 11:15 AM
No way mate, How can you say we were not that good, Missing our top 3 and play like we did, I think we are improving, leaps and bounds game by game, Why arent you impressed? Anfield was.
didnt say i wasnt impressed... every game for me is special.. but if you think we had to be world beaters to beat that lot, you are mistaken. on "paper" our next 9 league games are against so called lesser sides, then we've got chelsea away... we will know then how far we have improved....

imanob
7th December, 2010, 11:25 AM
so who here goes to anfield regularly? i live in brighton but tend to go up every 1-2 months for a game. fancy meeting up sometime? organise a dk at anfield day?

dc
im there nearly every home game when shifts allow me 2 always up 4 a beer

Bulld0g
7th December, 2010, 08:59 PM
Well impressed with yesterdays performance. I thought everyone played well last night and Ngog and Babel looked good together. Lucas had another good game. Hopefully these will keep playing well and prove me wrong ;) It's no secret i'm not a fan of any of them but i will gladly hold my hands up if these get it together.
It's a pleasure coming out of the ground frozen to an icicle but feeling warm inside, once again. Heres hoping :)

dctyper
8th December, 2010, 09:30 AM
Well impressed with yesterdays performance. I thought everyone played well last night and Ngog and Babel looked good together. Lucas had another good game. Hopefully these will keep playing well and prove me wrong ;) It's no secret i'm not a fan of any of them but i will gladly hold my hands up if these get it together.
It's a pleasure coming out of the ground frozen to an icicle but feeling warm inside, once again. Heres hoping :)

aaaahhh, can you feel the love......

pillapow
8th December, 2010, 11:53 AM
Wouldnt it be nice if the Ronaldinho rumour was infact true..
Is Torres' kid a scouser then..? Future England player..! Doubt it..!

dctyper
8th December, 2010, 05:19 PM
hes always said he wants his kids to be scousers

Bulld0g
8th December, 2010, 08:25 PM
hes always said he wants his kids to be scousers

I thought he was flying to Spain so his kid would be born there ! Is the baby being born here ? If so that's a massive boost because i really think\thought he would be off soon, so if the bambino is born here then that's a massive statement of intent.

dctyper
8th December, 2010, 10:19 PM
born in liverpool womens hospital

opsmonkey
9th December, 2010, 12:27 AM
born in liverpool womens hospital

All the best are, all be it in a new guise.. Liverpool Oxford Street Women's Hospital when I were a Babi though :D

dctyper
9th December, 2010, 09:12 AM
i was born in kettering general, so im special lol

pillapow
9th December, 2010, 11:54 AM
Plenty of smackhead whores around the womens hospital, Must of had a penthouse suite or something...

Them statements from boston about H'borough, Them two are behind that..

boomer39
9th December, 2010, 04:01 PM
Plenty of smackhead whores around the womens hospital, Must of had a penthouse suite or something...

Them statements from boston about H'borough, Them two are behind that..
lost me there matey....

pillapow
9th December, 2010, 04:39 PM
lost me there matey....

Which part?

opsmonkey
9th December, 2010, 10:37 PM
lost me there matey....

he's referring to a Boston Globe journo and that perhaps G&H had a part in it

"Alex Beam, a journalist for US newspaper the Boston Globe, has felt the ire of a few hundred Liverpool fans this week, after penning a bafflingly scathing piece about the club in which he declared the city ?grotty?, ?doggy? and claimed fans were ?bonkers? for ?agonising over a 21-year-old soccer riot.?

Beam?s column, which has since had the reference to Hillsborough amended from ?riot? to ?disaster?, was loosely positioned as a critique of Reds owner John W. Henry, whose sports investment company NESV also owns the Boston Red Sox. However, the meandering attack also included a pop at Henry?s ?inane wife?, Liverpool?s ?mediocre manager?, and, erm, Victoria Beckham"

opsmonkey
9th December, 2010, 10:50 PM
Feel free to write to said journo and express any concerns..

beam@globe.com

I did..

Dear Idiot

Do me a favor, stick to being an American and doing what you do best..

Friendly fire
Collateral damage
Turning up to World Wars late then spend the rest of time trying to start one

and

Writing about shite sports that no-one else in the world cares about.

Journalist must translate into American as:

"Prize Idiot that reports on something he knows little about whilst causing great offense.."

Last time I checked Mattapan and Roxbury were 'grotty', certainly more 'grotty' than the European Capital of Culture for 2008
As for your Hillsborough comments, I'll treat them with the contempt they deserve

Much F u c k Offness

pillapow
11th December, 2010, 02:59 PM
Comfortable win today, N'castle are where we were 6 mnths ago... Poor bastards..

dctyper
11th December, 2010, 03:31 PM
ops, that was truelly beautiful

dc

imanob
12th December, 2010, 05:21 PM
Comfortable win today, N'castle are where we were 6 mnths ago... Poor bastards..
and were we still are

Wolfpack
12th December, 2010, 05:27 PM
Feel free to write to said journo and express any concerns..

beam@globe.com

I did..

As an American you have every right to rag on and i agree that the sport writer knows anything about football (soccer) like all sport writers here in America. But i take offense at the Friendly Fire and collateral damage comments. What are you saying America is immoral? to say that show me you no nothing about the history of the British Empire. Now I'm not getting into a fight over history but please keep your commits to sports and take back what you said

ie: what do you expect from a person from a commie Liberal city like Boston.

caveman_nige
12th December, 2010, 05:48 PM
He can't take them back Wolfpack, he is showing you what he has already written and sent to the reporter in question, he is not writing them here to get a rise. Peoples views do not always fit in with anothers and the contentious subjects that attach themselves either loosely or directly to football chats or banter (whatever is be the preferred word on the day) will always cause disagreement in some corners.

However I urge that members who use this thread use more restraint and tact when deciding to voice their opinions on certain hot topics. Should you choose to report on another 'connected' subject or what you got up to somewhere else relating to it, just remember that your actions which you knew were more than likely going to cause offence will have just the same effect on your fellow members here.

Keep the thread on track please and respect your fellow members.

pillapow
12th December, 2010, 08:06 PM
I think 4th place is not going to happen... I was gutted when they got that 3rd goal, I felt sick but today i dnt feel so bad because i know we wont always win, We play on par to Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea one day then dire the next, What is going on, I dont understand.. But im sure we can beat Fulham.. ffs. Be interesting to see if any callers on lfctv are allowed to ask Henry directly whether he plans on sacking Roy, Highly doubt it... Be sad if they dont allow it..

wongers
12th December, 2010, 08:17 PM
I think 4th place is not going to happen... I was gutted when they got that 3rd goal, I felt sick but today i dnt feel so bad because i know we wont always win, We play on par to Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea one day then dire the next, What is going on, I dont understand.. But im sure we can beat Fulham.. ffs. Be interesting to see if any callers on lfctv are allowed to ask Henry directly whether he plans on sacking Roy, Highly doubt it... Be sad if they dont allow it..

what sad if there not allowed to ask or they don't sack him?

pillapow
12th December, 2010, 09:20 PM
what sad if there not allowed to ask or they don't sack him?
If they filter the calls out to stadium redevelopment, etc... No direct extreme questions we all want answering, Probably wouldnt get a straight answer anyway... Im behind Roy but 4th place is becoming distant now, Its going to be Spurs again i think.

lfc4life
12th December, 2010, 11:20 PM
I do not trust woy.... that defeat on saturday just shows how limited our squad is :( We should have easily beat them! no excuses. what happens this saturday if we dont beat fulham???

opsmonkey
12th December, 2010, 11:24 PM
...what happens this saturday if we dont beat fulham???

then Al Fayed will laugh his sack off

dctyper
13th December, 2010, 12:01 AM
roy made a mistake, he should not have played torres. i thought his balls were bigger and would make the call, but no, he played him. babel come on and looked awesome!

SORT IT OUT WOY!!!!

dc

opsmonkey
13th December, 2010, 12:03 AM
If they filter the calls out to stadium redevelopment, etc... No direct extreme questions we all want answering, Probably wouldnt get a straight answer anyway... Im behind Roy but 4th place is becoming distant now, Its going to be Spurs again i think.

I've been on LFC TV a few times, there's a 10 second delay between what you say and it being on TV..

Ample opportunity to cut off callers who ask too intimate a question

Wolfpack
13th December, 2010, 12:08 AM
That Joey Barton stuck a knife in me by scoring the winning goal. He sure did have a great game. wish he played for Liverpool he's the type of player we need. I know what he has done off the field but people forget he is a fine footballer and shouldn't be overlooked. I know you can wish and hope for whoever you want but we need something

opsmonkey
13th December, 2010, 12:48 AM
Totally disagree there Wolfy.. The lad's a scumbag.. Even if he was Messi like in play his off the field antics are a disgrace, and, like any other scouser in here we know exactly what the Barton's are like.. rotten to the core the lot of them

Wolfpack
13th December, 2010, 02:42 AM
Totally disagree there Wolfy.. The lad's a scumbag.. Even if he was Messi like in play his off the field antics are a disgrace, and, like any other scouser in here we know exactly what the Barton's are like.. rotten to the core the lot of them
I know he's a scumbag but you can't deny he has talant and would fit in the team well. He also would be a cheap buy. Everyone looks at his off field antics that he has put behind him and don't see how well he plays football. It don't have to be him but Liverpool need someone who plays that role Barton plays for Newcastle

imanob
13th December, 2010, 09:50 AM
cant believe anyone would want barton did you not see the abuse he gave out with the fondling of himself and swearing disgraceful maybe he can play at times but not for us .dont no if anyone seen the flyer doing the rounds about roys away record managing in the prem but is it true hes only won 6 away games during that time

steppenwolf
13th December, 2010, 11:10 AM
Self punisher

YouTube - Roy Hodgson's Legendary Facerub - Newcastle - Liverpool (11.12.2010)

pillapow
13th December, 2010, 11:25 AM
I know he's a scumbag but you can't deny he has talant and would fit in the team well. He also would be a cheap buy. Everyone looks at his off field antics that he has put behind him and don't see how well he plays football. It don't have to be him but Liverpool need someone who plays that role Barton plays for Newcastle

Gerrard/Carragher wouldnt have him mate, Hes an arsehole.

pillapow
13th December, 2010, 07:44 PM
**** me Roy took a beating in that interview, I think Werner wants him out aswell.

wongers
13th December, 2010, 08:42 PM
cant believe anyone would want barton did you not see the abuse he gave out with the fondling of himself and swearing disgraceful maybe he can play at times but not for us .dont no if anyone seen the flyer doing the rounds about roys away record managing in the prem but is it true hes only won 6 away games during that time

roys record record managing teams in the premier league reads 7 wins in 55 premier league away games. That is a success rate that ranks with the worst managers in premier league history.

pillapow
13th December, 2010, 08:58 PM
Theres no doubt about it, The coffins well and truly sealed after tonight.

dctyper
13th December, 2010, 09:16 PM
Gerrard/Carragher wouldnt have him mate, Hes an arsehole.

jamie would have roughed him up if he were playing, i really wanted torres to spark the little twat when he called him a cock

i would love it if he beat him...love it yaaaaaa

(see what i did there)

boomer39
13th December, 2010, 11:22 PM
I do not trust woy.... that defeat on saturday just shows how limited our squad is :( We should have easily beat them! no excuses. what happens this saturday if we dont beat fulham???
well, ffs, wait to see if we beat fulham.....correction...when we beat fulham...

boomer39
13th December, 2010, 11:33 PM
I've been on LFC TV a few times, there's a 10 second delay between what you say and it being on TV..

Ample opportunity to cut off callers who ask too intimate a question
just to let you know, the telephone line is instantaneos... via sat or cable there is a slight lag...try watching any tv program on normal tv and sky at the same time.... te same thing happens... ps just watching it now on lfctv.. 22.33

boomer39
13th December, 2010, 11:35 PM
roys record record managing teams in the premier league reads 7 wins in 55 premier league away games. That is a success rate that ranks with the worst managers in premier league history.
what about the other 80 years of "1st" division football?????

Wolfpack
14th December, 2010, 03:19 AM
I see you guys hold players to what they do off field as well as on and i can see why but if Jack the Ripper could play and stop Liverpool from losing i could care less if he liked playing with knifes. I know everyone want's Roy to be canned but how much can he do? We have a team that is besides 6 to 7 players are short on talent and it don't help that Gerrard and Carra are hurt. We need help in the Transfer window.

dctyper
14th December, 2010, 09:13 AM
the team we had on the field is good enough, they just dont have the drive, they dont close people down, that is down to tactics/management, old roy wants to counter all the time and its now prooven not to work, ive been saying it for months now.

imanob
14th December, 2010, 01:56 PM
robbie fowler was banned and fined for much the same thing barton done little c**t gets motm and hardly a mention in any paper bout what he done

wongers
14th December, 2010, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=boomer39;885310]what about the other 80 years of "1st" division football?????[/QUOT

the question was asked how many prem. away games had R.H. won i merely gave the answer, if you want to i'm sure you could find out about the other 80 years not sure how many he's won in that time!and quite frankly don't care, and fail to see what that has to do with my answer

kazlpool
14th December, 2010, 08:10 PM
how did they prove themselves? babel's been shite for 3 seasons... played reasonably well but hardly proof of "lfc" quality. jovanovic scored a very good goal... but pepe let in a howler... would you then say pepe should go???
totally agree x

jcgrumbles
14th December, 2010, 09:33 PM
How about your last game against the toon?

boomer39
14th December, 2010, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=boomer39;885310]what about the other 80 years of "1st" division football?????[/QUOT

the question was asked how many prem. away games had R.H. won i merely gave the answer, if you want to i'm sure you could find out about the other 80 years not sure how many he's won in that time!and quite frankly don't care, and fail to see what that has to do with my answer
like a few more, you seem to think football only stared in 1992 or whenever the premiership started...

boomer39
14th December, 2010, 10:33 PM
How about your last game against the toon?
well what about it??who are you replying to????

jcgrumbles
14th December, 2010, 11:30 PM
Calm down calm down ha whats ynwa?

maca
14th December, 2010, 11:33 PM
Calm down calm down ha whats ynwa?
cmon m8 think about it lol its like us saying whats newcastle brown ale ;)

jcgrumbles
14th December, 2010, 11:49 PM
Ok i admit im a thick geordie ha what is it

mrgasman
15th December, 2010, 01:53 AM
Ok i admit im a thick geordie ha what is it
It means Youll Never Win Again as a testament to the Rafa benitez legacy said of Liverpools fate when the great man left to do wonders at Inter lmao

imanob
15th December, 2010, 09:37 AM
[quote=wongers;886334]
like a few more, you seem to think football only stared in 1992 or whenever the premiership started...
seems to be a misunderstanding if you read my post i said there was a flyer doin the rounds quoting hodgesons away record in the prem i didnt no if was true some one answered it for me which i thanked them for and now your gettin all high and mighty about it there was no slagin off bout it just a question i asked

imanob
15th December, 2010, 11:07 AM
It means Youll Never Win Again as a testament to the Rafa benitez legacy said of Liverpools fate when the great man left to do wonders at Inter lmao
ha ha thought we were the comics

maca
15th December, 2010, 11:17 AM

another cockney who thinks he's funny :roflmao:

boomer39
15th December, 2010, 11:42 AM
what about, shanks, sir bob etc.... easy to forget aren't they?????????????????????????
y.n.w.a.

boomer39
15th December, 2010, 11:52 AM
[quote=boomer39;886554]
seems to be a misunderstanding if you read my post i said there was a flyer doin the rounds quoting hodgesons away record in the prem i didnt no if was true some one answered it for me which i thanked them for and now your gettin all high and mighty about it there was no slagin off bout it just a question i asked
not getting all high and mighty by any means. just do not like our managers being slagged off. ok roy may not be ideal but has to be given a chance. who should replace , big sam or chris hughton?
but my main concern is references to the "premier league" as tho' footy only started then.
hear it all the time here fro m dungas,,,, "you've never won the p/l "etc... all i want is to win the LEAGUE.....!!may take a bit longer but we WILL get there....

imanob
15th December, 2010, 12:05 PM
i never slaged him off just asked a question didnt say replace him or any thing i agree the reds will rise again with who i dont no just a question for you has he managed in the old 1st division or just in the prem since it started

dctyper
15th December, 2010, 03:10 PM
torres starting tonight according to sky sports

i still think babel should get another game(im starting to think i love the guy the amount i go on about him lol)

pillapow
15th December, 2010, 04:19 PM
Roy has had an ear bashing from the fans and a kick up the arse from nesv, This is why he is fielding a strong team tonight, to score as many goals as possible and show people how strong we are, Im confident it will be 3-4 nil to us tonight with superb passing football, so off the bookies i float, This Europa trophy is ours for the taking. Torres hat-trick.

boomer39
15th December, 2010, 05:21 PM
i never slaged him off just asked a question didnt say replace him or any thing i agree the reds will rise again with who i dont no just a question for you has he managed in the old 1st division or just in the prem since it started
never said YOU slagged him off... just frustrated with people who do... and what he did at other clubs is totally irrelevant. he's in a totally different situation. see what i mean....

dctyper
15th December, 2010, 07:13 PM
we need a confidence win, so lets have it

wongers
15th December, 2010, 07:52 PM
[quote=wongers;886334]

don't talk silly mate i gave my answer to a question and explained myself to you, i've been a season ticket holder for 40 years and been going since 1967 so i know all about the game before the prem and the history of my club if you don't like what i write fair enough but don't throw up things like that to me

dctyper
15th December, 2010, 09:36 PM
who the fcuk selected the 2 borinf idiots for channel 5 commentry

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz making a slow game even worse lol

opsmonkey
15th December, 2010, 10:09 PM
John Scales passing judgment on a Liverpool defense :eek: , he was the wan k est defender in the wan k est defense ever

What a snooze fest that 45 mins was

boomer39
15th December, 2010, 11:18 PM
[quote=boomer39;886554]

don't talk silly mate i gave my answer to a question and explained myself to you, i've been a season ticket holder for 40 years and been going since 1967 so i know all about the game before the prem and the history of my club if you don't like what i write fair enough but don't throw up things like that to me
we all seem to have got confused here... me, imanob and wongers.. seem to have been misquoted etc... all lfc fans so lets let it rest...agreed....ynwa..
btw . what a great game... not....

maca
15th December, 2010, 11:21 PM

i still dont understand how you rate babel for me the sooner we get rid the better.

imanob
16th December, 2010, 09:53 AM
i still dont understand how you rate babel for me the sooner we get rid the better.
have to agree dont get the bable love thing owes us to much

pillapow
16th December, 2010, 02:24 PM

****ing useless channel 5, In every way, Thoroughly dissapointed by the performance, Dull, Played way too deep, 2-3 decent chances...

hutson88
16th December, 2010, 09:53 PM
really dissapointed with liverpool atm dont like the new mangers and dont rate half the team need some real owners who are in it for football not money

opsmonkey
16th December, 2010, 10:25 PM
Managers..??? Need new owners..??

Do you actually know anything about Liverpool FC..? We have ONE manager and we have a new owner in NESV, who are doing everything the right way...

boomer39
16th December, 2010, 11:24 PM
really dissapointed with liverpool atm dont like the new mangers and dont rate half the team need some real owners who are in it for football not money
can you tell me where a liverpool atm is? i use the co-op or natwest normally... cheers.
ps.. dont "mangers" make paints???

pillapow
17th December, 2010, 12:36 AM
Fulham, I expect a superb 1st team performance, Show everybody the real Liverpool, If Fulham come to Anfield and beat us, That should be it for Roy.

Fellianis Wig
17th December, 2010, 01:57 AM

~~~~ing hell lad more new owners?

Yous need stability and to come to terms with the fact LFC arent a top 4 team no more.

Firing Woy wont put an end to all Liverpools problems.

Fellianis Wig
17th December, 2010, 02:45 AM
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2403/91f14gjpg.png%3C/a%3Ehttp://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2403/91f14gjpg.png (http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2403/91f14gjpg.png)

See even Koncheskys arl girl agrees with me

Seriously though what she playing at

pillapow
17th December, 2010, 01:50 PM
^^^^ ****in hell, They think Paul is good..!!! Shows they know **** all, Easy enough route to the quarters in the Europa, I hope we go all out for this bit of silverware, its ours for the taking. Do us the world of good.

pillapow
17th December, 2010, 01:52 PM
See, Koncheskys arl girl agrees haha

**** me it is real, What a vile ****ing mouth that **** has!!

Fellianis Wig
17th December, 2010, 06:49 PM
**** me it is real, What a vile ****ing mouth that **** has!!

Nah I seen it on twitter wondered why Konchesky was trending and that was why

Shes a bit of class Carol isnt she , back to the kitchen with her .

Walkinmyshadow
17th December, 2010, 09:33 PM
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2403/91f14gjpg.png%3C/a%3Ehttp://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2403/91f14gjpg.png (http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2403/91f14gjpg.png)

Whats she playing at indeed???
One thing is for sure shes a ~~~~in thick biach,
Seriously..Why put this on FB when it can be snapped and put on forums for the world to see.
And her "friend's" comments "Dont worry when Paul scores a cracking goal will be the best thing sense sliced bread"
Not a clue to the fact that he's job isnt to score goals :hahaha:

It just brings home how some footballers and their birds (and their friends) are so ~~~~in stupid it beggards belief.:stupid:

Bulld0g
17th December, 2010, 09:40 PM

That's got to be a wind up. They're all saying he's a good footballer. ~~~~ me he's not even a footballer :roflmao:

boomer39
17th December, 2010, 10:56 PM
fellianis's wig... my arse.....

opsmonkey
18th December, 2010, 12:13 AM
ha ha.. what a thing for your mum to post on Facebook, i bet he's cringing..!!!!

Fellianis Wig
18th December, 2010, 01:22 AM
fellianis's wig... my arse.....

What about your arse ?

Fellianis Wig
18th December, 2010, 01:25 AM
That's got to be a wind up. They're all saying he's a good footballer. ~~~~ me he's not even a footballer :roflmao:

Liverpool fans outraged after Paul Konchesky's mum launches Facebook blast | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339663/Liverpool-fans-outraged-Paul-Koncheskys-mum-launches-Facebook-blast.html)

It can't be if the Mails running it can it?

:ridinghorse:

Wolfpack
18th December, 2010, 04:16 AM
If i was Konchesky i would hide in the corner at what my mother has said. Roy will be looking for his next signing when we play Fulham. What liverpool needs to do is keep 6 players( I think everyone can guess who they are ) and get rid of the rest of Rafa mess and start all over in January. There are some very good players going to available come the winter market. Ok so no one wants Joey Barton so how about Mark Van Bommel i heard Bayern is going to let him go this winter.

dctyper
18th December, 2010, 12:54 PM
unlucky paul, your mum is a twat lol

pillapow
18th December, 2010, 01:02 PM
Games off anyway so a bit of a blow over on this one for our Kongeggy!!

Bulld0g
18th December, 2010, 01:18 PM
Liverpool fans outraged after Paul Konchesky's mum launches Facebook blast | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339663/Liverpool-fans-outraged-Paul-Koncheskys-mum-launches-Facebook-blast.html)

It can't be if the Mails running it can it?

:ridinghorse:

You missed the joke about him being a footballer, never mind lol TBH he must be really embarrassed by her outburst and it's not his fault his ma is a gobby bitch. She's right about what she said though, except for the scum part lol
A mother will always defend her child . She's just shown herself up as having no class whatsoever.

imanob
19th December, 2010, 02:02 PM
my mum didnt suffer fools it was me playin the way he do for us my mum would have told me i was shit an to get on with it not go moanin on facebook

Wolfpack
19th December, 2010, 05:33 PM
It's you English who love facebook and twitter and i'm sure some of you have a account with one or both :laugh:

pillapow
19th December, 2010, 05:54 PM
It's you English who love facebook and twitter and i'm sure some of you have a account with one or both :laugh:

Not me mate.

yorata
19th December, 2010, 06:16 PM
No way ...hehe

TOMMO1
19th December, 2010, 08:36 PM
Woman and Footy don't Mix. Just 'cos her lads carved out a career as footballer (F*** knows how) she thinks that makes her an expert. I have no problem with someone looking out for their family but the derogative comments towards the red part of merseyside is very misguided. Everone knows it's the Blue Noses who are the scum!!!

The fact of the matter is the lad has been way below the standars set by Liverpool's teams of the past but I don't blame him for that - It's Hodgson's fault for signing him. Had he have not been english (New Uefa Rules come into force soon) he probably wouldn't have. Let's have it right though, I didn't expect a lot from Konchesky when he signed but Joe Cole's been bloody awful aswell - infact much worse - and his family probably dont like the comments he is getting but they dont react like some stuck up cockney b***h who needs a good a**e ramming.

Agree with the comments earlier in the thread that NESV need to provide funds for some qulaity footballers who are fit and can slot into the team now and not just the emerging talent they can double their money on after 10 years service. In terms of left backs we should never have let Jonny Riise go butelsewhere in the team the Lisandro Lopez rumour is one I would love to see evolve into reality. He will score goals and that has been our biggest problem over the last 24 months. Not enough goals from areas of the team not including Gerrard or Torres.

Wolfster
19th December, 2010, 10:16 PM
Hi All,

I wake up every morning hoping to read the news Hodgson has been sacked!

No matter which player comes in, its a waste with Woy in charge, the guy is clueless.

boomer39
19th December, 2010, 11:04 PM
Hi All,

I wake up every morning hoping to read the news Hodgson has been sacked!

No matter which player comes in, its a waste with Woy in charge, the guy is clueless.
and again,and again.... who do YOU suggest to take his place????????????????
and another again, why do you Roy knockers mock his "lisp"? have you not been listening to taggart for 24 effin years??? supporters ??? my arse.... eff off.....

opsmonkey
20th December, 2010, 03:14 AM
Happy Christmas Kopites..

This should help that dry bird go down on the day..

Raise a glass to once what was

YouTube - Liverpool F.C istanbul 2005 amazing ending !!! Sean Connery ( in my life)

Wolfpack
20th December, 2010, 03:42 AM
opsmonkey the sad thing about Istanbul was everyone thought Rafa was a great coach after that game. We should of beat Milan in the rematch but Rafa ~~~~ed that up. It's great to remember but sometimes when i dwell on the past it starts to feel like the Al Bundy syndrome

opsmonkey
20th December, 2010, 04:40 AM
To be fair to Benitez everything he did in the CL in 2005 was inch perfect, the double substitution of Pongolle and Mellor against Olympiakos, The home and away tie with Juve, the demolition of Bayer Leverkusen and to bring on Didi Haman in the second half of that final..

That was his crowing glory and never recaptured anything like it again.. His ways degraded into negativity and mediocrity..

This video though was less of dwell on the past but more of a fond look back to a night where we all felt a $1m (unless you were one of the silly tw@s that left the stadium at half time lol )

boomer39
20th December, 2010, 11:04 AM
To be fair to Benitez everything he did in the CL in 2005 was inch perfect, the double substitution of Pongolle and Mellor against Olympiakos, The home and away tie with Juve, the demolition of Bayer Leverkusen and to bring on Didi Haman in the second half of that final..

That was his crowing glory and never recaptured anything like it again.. His ways degraded into negativity and mediocrity..

This video though was less of dwell on the past but more of a fond look back to a night where we all felt a $1m (unless you were one of the silly tw@s that left the stadium at half time lol )
that was brilliant, mate... still brings tears to my eyes and makes the hair stand up on me neck....
only thing to compare with that is davy fairclough's winner vs st etienne in '77...

pillapow
21st December, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hes coming home... Hes coming ho-ome, Rafael Benitez... Is coming home.

Bulld0g
21st December, 2010, 10:28 PM
Hes coming home... Hes coming ho-ome, Rafael Benitez... Is coming home.

I hope not, if he does my season ticket goes back.

opsmonkey
21st December, 2010, 10:33 PM
he wont come back, he better not... defensive negative shite with piss poor buys.. he led a triple winning European conquering side to mid table mediocrity, just took him 6 months in Italy instead of 5 years here

I'll buy it BD dont hand it back ;)

pillapow
21st December, 2010, 11:02 PM
he wont come back, he better not... defensive negative shite with piss poor buys.. he led a triple winning European conquering side to mid table mediocrity, just took him 6 months in Italy instead of 5 years here

Come on, Who ever expected him to live up to the masters success is/was deluded. It was a lose/lose situation going to Inter but he hardly had a choice being forced out of Liverpool. The fact is he'll be lurking round Merseyside for the next 6 months, Possibly waiting for Hodgson to get the chop..?

boomer39
21st December, 2010, 11:33 PM

that triple winning side was in 2001... rafa came in 2004. what happened in between???
in 2009 we were 2nd.... we had 1 bad season,in our terms, under rafa, so why all this ant-rafa stuff? i am not saying he should come back or he should have left or was c--p etc, but he did a good a job as all the managers before him, back to king kenny...

maca
21st December, 2010, 11:35 PM
Come on, Who ever expected him to live up to the masters success is/was deluded. It was a lose/lose situation going to Inter but he hardly had a choice being forced out of Liverpool. The fact is he'll be lurking round Merseyside for the next 6 months, Possibly waiting for Hodgson to get the chop..?

you dont half talk some shite :puke:

opsmonkey
21st December, 2010, 11:43 PM
that triple winning side was in 2001... rafa came in 2004. what happened in between???

i was on about inter ffs

pillapow
22nd December, 2010, 12:31 AM
you dont half talk some shite :puke:

Swallow my nob macca..

maca
22nd December, 2010, 12:39 AM
Swallow my nob macca..

its maca not macca take care..

pillapow
22nd December, 2010, 12:45 AM
its maca not macca take care..
Now your talking shite.. Macca.

opsmonkey
22nd December, 2010, 04:47 AM
i wouldn't want benitez back at all..

yes he won the CL in 2005, but bar a flukey FA Cup win he won nothing else of worth..

He single handed lost us the title the other year by playing negative football at home for two months, we picked up 4 points from 15 and lost the league by 2 points..

he made exceptionally bizarre substitutions was exceptionally stubborn and lost the whole dressing room..

we worry about keeping Gerrard, Torres and Reina, well if he came back, they'd be off in a shot

there are many that will say that it was down to Gerrard on the field in Istanbul that won that game not the mythical "15 minutes" at half time

No thanks, he had his chance and fcuked it right up... onwards and upwards

rapscallion
22nd December, 2010, 05:00 AM
i wouldn't want benitez back at all..

yes he won the CL in 2005, but bar a flukey FA Cup win he won nothing else of worth..

He single handed lost us the title the other year by playing negative football at home for two months, we picked up 4 points from 15 and lost the league by 2 points..

he made exceptionally bizarre substitutions was exceptionally stubborn and lost the whole dressing room..

we worry about keeping Gerrard, Torres and Reina, well if he came back, they'd be off in a shot

there are many that will say that it was down to Gerrard on the field in Istanbul that won that game not the mythical "15 minutes" at half time

No thanks, he had his chance and fcuked it right up... onwards and upwardsAs a matter of interest.In the season we lost the league by 4 points how many games did Liverpool win after Rafa had mad subs having been behind?As a matter of more interest how long was it before Rafa had won more games coming from behiind having made these strange subsitutions before he beat both Evans and Houlliers records of their teams coming from behind.
2 Spanish league, a Uefa Cup CL,a cl runners up,86 points our most in a long long time.Several great runs all whilst being undermined by the boards of both Liverpool and Valencia.Wonder why player like Reina and Torres came to Liverpool in the first place.It was because of one man.I can understand why people maynot want him back but I cannot understand to complete lack of respect to the acheivments of Rafa.

boomer39
22nd December, 2010, 11:05 AM
i was on about inter ffs
sorry mate, thought you were talking about the 2001 team..

imanob
22nd December, 2010, 02:48 PM
well the question keeps getting asked whos out there better than roy well one man is if you look into the reasons he left he asked the board for to fund 4 new players a back me or sack me if you want look like the board didnt fancy him so off he goes

koppit
23rd December, 2010, 07:20 PM
now that raffa is back on the rocknroll its time to accept he wasnt as good as everyone first thought.

merry christmas boys have a good one.

wongers
23rd December, 2010, 08:04 PM
merry christmas to all on the lfc thread (even blues & mancs)

boomer39
23rd December, 2010, 10:43 PM
just a thought for rafa critics... ok for 2 years he was great. cl winners, fa cup winners. then no cups,just runners up in cl and prem. finished 7th last season... very disappointing but hardly catastrophic. for those old enough,think back to 1966. we had just won the league, everton won the cup ,england won the world cup... we beat everton at badison at the start of season 1996/7 to win the charity shield...
our next trophy was 1972/73, the league and the eufa cup in the same season...
a gap of 7 years.. the manager??? were we baying for his head?? no way....
ok , things change but we have to be patient. i dont think rafa should have gone but when he went ,our new boss becomes part of us!!! 6 months for roy, 3 years for rafa??
shanks had 7 years.... any regrets??????? dont think so.....

Bulld0g
23rd December, 2010, 10:49 PM
just a thought for rafa critics... ok for 2 years he was great. cl winners, fa cup winners. then no cups,just runners up in cl and prem. finished 7th last season... very disappointing but hardly catastrophic. for those old enough,think back to 1966. we had just won the league, everton won the cup ,england won the world cup... we beat everton at badison at the start of season 1996/7 to win the charity shield...
our next trophy was 1972/73, the league and the eufa cup in the same season...
a gap of 7 years.. the manager??? were we baying for his head?? no way....
ok , things change but we have to be patient. i dont think rafa should have gone but when he went ,our new boss becomes part of us!!! 6 months for roy, 3 years for rafa??
shanks had 7 years.... any regrets??????? dont think so.....

Three years ? You might want to double that m8

opsmonkey
23rd December, 2010, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry mate but you may want to remove those rose tinted Istanbul glasses..

Benitez did win the CL in his first season, but he guided us to 5th in the league many people forget this...

05/06 was another decent season, 3rd and a FA Cup.. something which should have been built on..

06/07 - 3rd but 21 points off top and a lower tally than the year before, plus, what could be considered one of his worst tactical mistakes, the 2007 CL Final.. AC Milan were openly shite scared of Peter Crouch, they named him as the No1 danger man.. Benitez threw him on the bench and sent out an ultra defensive setup, to which we were turned over

07/08 4th again well off the pace, this is where the negativity really came to the forefront

08/09 - The year we should have made it 19.. its no good saying "we finished 2nd" we should have won, he lost his head and bottled it, he and he alone cost us the title that year, he fcuked it right up at home over December aginst weak teams, 1 up front, no pushing on, very very negative.. Utd should have returned from Japan to a lead they could never have clawed back (15 points) not just 3 points...

09/10 - 7th.. Dreadful season, lost the players big time, made calamity decisions with subs ect, refused to change things when it was obvious it wasn't working..

SACKED - deservedly

Yes he won us a 5th European Cup but he was brought in to deliver the league, when he had the chance he blew it, and at that point lost a lot of reds support..

5 years and 2 trophies... not good enough

a squad dripped in shite, he bought very badly, even with limited funds he bought goats, look at Wenger, spent nearly half as much but brought in talent far and above that Benitez did...

If Benitez was still at Liverpool we would still be in the same place we are now, RH is not good enough to repair the damaged caused throughout the club.. Benitez wanted total control over EVERYTHING... he got it... FFS look at the academy.. he filled it with shite from across the world..

He had taken LFC to as far as he could go... no League trophy and hemorrhaging talent by pi55 poor man management..

Its just not what goes on in the dugout, its behind the scenes what makes a club, he lacked both..

If he was a Messiah then how did he turn Inter from an all conquering unbeatable strong team into what they are now.... in 6 months with the same players...?

If we'd have been beaten in 2005 he would have gone at the end of 2007/08 and with that particular squad at that time a more attacking minded manager would have romped that league title the year after

madmike2455
24th December, 2010, 12:34 AM
I rang anfield the other day and asked when they was playing next? And they said to me....When can you make it hahha lol

boomer39
24th December, 2010, 12:38 AM
I rang anfield the other day and asked when they was playing next? And they said to me....When can you make it hahha lol
good god mate not heard that one since the year dot....sod off....

boomer39
24th December, 2010, 12:42 AM
to opsmonkey...
not agreeing or disagreeing with your argument but all i was saying was shanks won nothing for 7 years... did we call for his head?? no....
btw... peter crouch??? do you think he was lfc class??? and talk of him coming back... no way.....

opsmonkey
24th December, 2010, 12:48 AM
I think Crouch is better than Ngog who we have now..

when Shanks came in we were no-marks in the Second Division..

Benitez inherited a half decent squad that were playing in the Uefa Champions League

Massive difference

BTW you say Shankly won nothing for 7 years.??

He had us promoted from Div 2 to Div 1 inside 18 months of being appointed and the the Div 1 title inside 4 years then the FA Cup inside 5.. Where did you get 7 from..???

boomer39
24th December, 2010, 11:15 AM
I think Crouch is better than Ngog who we have now..

when Shanks came in we were no-marks in the Second Division..

Benitez inherited a half decent squad that were playing in the Uefa Champions League

Massive difference

BTW you say Shankly won nothing for 7 years.??

He had us promoted from Div 2 to Div 1 inside 18 months of being appointed and the the Div 1 title inside 4 years then the FA Cup inside 5.. Where did you get 7 from..???
was talking about the 7 years we went trophyless.. 1966 to 1973...
oh and despite being "no-marks" in the 2nd div, in 8 years we finished 8th in the first season and 3rd or 4th in the other 7.

pillapow
24th December, 2010, 12:20 PM
Jus hope Roy can get the team winning consistently, thinking about it, dont want Rafa ****ing about with the club, Kennys next in the Queue anyway, Merry Xmas the lot of ya.

opsmonkey
24th December, 2010, 01:07 PM
It's pretty simple, do the job you were brought in to do.. Win the league, and you keep your job.. Taggart, by the skin of his teeth and Wenger.. Then you get given the time after.... Don't win the league inside 5 years of your job and you get sacked...

That's what happened with Benitez.. He had 5 years... By the time he left we were further away from winning the title than we had been under Houiller or Evans...

boomer39
24th December, 2010, 05:45 PM
It's pretty simple, do the job you were brought in to do.. Win the league, and you keep your job.. Taggart, by the skin of his teeth and Wenger.. Then you get given the time after.... Don't win the league inside 5 years of your job and you get sacked...

That's what happened with Benitez.. He had 5 years... By the time he left we were further away from winning the title than we had been under Houiller or Evans...
so have things improved due to his leaving?????

opsmonkey
24th December, 2010, 05:53 PM
no because the wrong man was hired.. the right man was fired

boomer39
24th December, 2010, 11:22 PM
no because the wrong man was hired.. the right man was fired
so who was the right man????? jesus christ is due in an hour or so...would he do???

maca
24th December, 2010, 11:24 PM
so who was the right man????? jesus christ is due in an hour or so...would he do???

no he's dead just like father xmas ooops sorry kids lol

pillapow
25th December, 2010, 12:05 PM
Roys the ****ing man...... Roy is gangsta..... In Roy we trust..

Walkinmyshadow
25th December, 2010, 01:35 PM
Roys the ****ing man...... Roy is gangsta..... In Roy we trust..

~~~~in bell.. you pissed already m8? :roflmao:

opsmonkey
26th December, 2010, 12:40 AM
Someones had a sniff of the Christmas brandy a bit early..

pillapow
26th December, 2010, 01:03 AM
~~~~in bell.. you pissed already m8? :roflmao:
No, ****in am now tho, what will make my chrimmy larr, is smooth fluent passing tomorrow. f?ck the streams, im waitin till midnight on lfctv.

opsmonkey
26th December, 2010, 01:05 AM
The game will be called off.. It's -8 in Blackpool and they haven't got undersoil heating

Midnight..?? It's a full fixture list, MOTD is on before then and so is that Sky Sports Football First

pillapow
26th December, 2010, 01:19 AM
The game will be called off.. It's -8 in Blackpool and they haven't got undersoil heating

Midnight..?? It's a full fixture list, MOTD is on before then and so is that Sky Sports Football First

All that shite will be avoided, I have mastered the art of avoiding match results... Easy... Dont watch ****ing tele... It may not go ahead, but i hope it does because i am ****ing gagging to watch us play, I have a feeling we will play some world class football and blow Holloway and his men away. -4 here, My volvo sez so!

opsmonkey
26th December, 2010, 01:26 AM
You must be pi55ed if you think we'll be playing world class football, especially away from home.. Grandad hasn't a clue about away set up.. By the way, "all that shite"...?? If you think that LFC:TV coverage is better than Sky or the BBC you need to lay off the booze.. It's free for a reason.. It's ~~~~

How do you know what your car temp is reading if you're pi55ed..????

pillapow
26th December, 2010, 01:35 AM
You must be pi55ed if you think we'll be playing world class football, especially away from home.. Grandad hasn't a clue about away set up.. By the way, "all that shite"...?? If you think that LFC:TV coverage is better than Sky or the BBC you need to lay off the booze.. It's free for a reason.. It's ~~~~

How do you know what your car temp is reading if you're pi55ed..????

was -4 few hours ago, only hit the vodka at 8... There is so many people on these forums (not dk) that have no faith, no faith at all, want to cut hodgsons head clean off, (gloy hunters) think we will fail, dont bet on a win at bloomfield rd, blah blah blah, **** them, **** the lot of them, I have faith, We will bury Blackpool tomorrow. Merry Xmas lads & Goodnight, Off to dip my wick.

opsmonkey
26th December, 2010, 01:42 AM
Ha ha ha.. You've just described your posts to a T.. You're as fickle as they come.. One week Woys a 80's mantra and the next Roys "gangster" (what ever the fcuk that means, it's certainly not scouse, maybe it's a Knowsley word..?) one day you want Benitez back, the next in Roy you trust..

Glory Hunters..? You'd have to be a fcuking pi5s poor glory hunter to follow us, we haven't won anything since 2006

I doubt you've ever dipped your wick as you openly admit to driving a Volvo lol ;) :D

Wolfpack
26th December, 2010, 03:34 AM
I totally agree with opsmonkey. His argument about Rafa is right on the money. His point about the cl final we lost to Milan was again right on the money. Who here that was watching that final were thinking what the ~~~~ was Rafa doing. Me personally wanted Rafa fired after that game. So what now if he got fired from Inter Milan he is not coming back. I believe Roy will be fired after the winter break if the team don't improve. Right now without Gerrard playing and Carra out for a while he don't have much to choose on the bench. Oh by the way Crouch 's lefty nut can play better football than Ngog anyday. I hated when Rafa let him go. He might not have pace but he knows how to score and is a playmaker. Having a striker that has those two abilities is hard to find. I like Crouch and wouldn't mine him back but would rather Have Carrol up their with Torres

opsmonkey
26th December, 2010, 03:41 AM
I was with you every step until you mentioned Carrol lol

Wolfpack
26th December, 2010, 04:20 AM
I think Carrol would be a good fit i know he's a bit of an ass but if Liverpool was going to sign a striker i would want Benzema over anyone else cause he could play down the left too.

opsmonkey
26th December, 2010, 04:31 AM
The trouble is, is that previous buys were done so to fill a gap, never by the quality, just the position.. Benitez bought some right shite in bulk on the cheap instead of investing where it was needed.. 3 players worth ?4m when one for ?12 would have produced more.. Buying shite like Carrol would just carry this on.... We need another striker, but it's best to buy a decent one than stop gap with some shite

pillapow
26th December, 2010, 11:05 AM
Ha ha ha.. You've just described your posts to a T.. You're as fickle as they come.. One week Woys a 80's mantra and the next Roys "gangster" (what ever the fcuk that means, it's certainly not scouse, maybe it's a Knowsley word..?) one day you want Benitez back, the next in Roy you trust..

Glory Hunters..? You'd have to be a fcuking pi5s poor glory hunter to follow us, we haven't won anything since 2006

I doubt you've ever dipped your wick as you openly admit to driving a Volvo lol ;) :D

Haha, Didnt happen in the end, Conked out.. Tut tut, Volvos are brilliant btw.. Pulled tarts in a e-reg fiat uno mate in shit-brown livery.