PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

boomer39
24th April, 2011, 11:03 AM
Well done woy???? woy is happy at west brom! i am glad the pool got rid of that bubbling idiot!:roflmao:
should never have been appointed but he was our ally yesterday......well done,fella...

mrgasman
24th April, 2011, 11:52 AM
Ok read this real slow so it sinks in. Liverpool football club is currently the most successful club in English football.
Now read it again and tell me what part you can't grasp. and i'll try and see if i can condense it a bit more or put iin a few pictures to explain it to you lol

What part I cant grasp is explained below in picture form although it wont make much difference as you still wont realize that they really aren't that good anymore and that 18 point gap between the 2 sides is just fiction.
:roflmao:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/redttide09/thebestlol.png

pillapow
24th April, 2011, 01:41 PM
We'll see next season - United will crumble soon enough - Just a matter of time -

Top 6 teams and how they have fared against each other - We are top despite the Hodgson era -

Pos___Team___________Pld___W___D___L___GF___GA___G D___Pts
.1.......Liverpool...........9.......4......2... ..3.....14.....11.....3.......14
.2.......Man Utd..............8.......4......2.....2.....10.... ..8......2.......14
.3.......Arsenal...............9.......2......4... ..3......13.....12.....1.......10
.4.......Spurs.................7.......2......4... ..1.......9......9......0.......10
.5.......Chelsea...............8......3......1.... .4.......8......9.....-1.......10
.6.......Man City.............9.......2......3.....4......5.... ..10....-5........9

Bulld0g
24th April, 2011, 02:31 PM
What part I cant grasp is explained below in picture form although it wont make much difference as you still wont realize that they really aren't that good anymore and that 18 point gap between the 2 sides is just fiction.

Oh right I see what you mean now, you mean your top of the league and that's your definition of success. :stupid::laugh:Mine and most other peoples is the number of trophies that have been won. But of it makes you happy you hang in there and carry on believing :roflmao:

thered
24th April, 2011, 02:39 PM
We'll see next season - United will crumble soon enough - Just a matter of time -

Top 6 teams and how they have fared against each other - We are top despite the Hodgson era -

Pos___Team___________Pld___W___D___L___GF___GA___G D___Pts
.1.......Liverpool...........9.......4......2... ..3.....14.....11.....3.......14
.2.......Man Utd..............8.......4......2.....2.....10.... ..8......2.......14
.3.......Arsenal...............9.......2......4... ..3......13.....12.....1.......10
.4.......Spurs.................7.......2......4... ..1.......9......9......0.......10
.5.......Chelsea...............8......3......1.... .4.......8......9.....-1.......10
.6.......Man City.............9.......2......3.....4......5.... ..10....-5........9

we have a game in hand lol

thered
24th April, 2011, 02:40 PM

thats 21 points in my book gasman

Bulld0g
24th April, 2011, 03:09 PM
thats 21 points in my book gasman

Yea well gasman does see things rather differently to everyone else lol

pillapow
24th April, 2011, 03:16 PM

But your form is shite, you seem to grind out the wins all the time, even though your form is shite, our form is dangerous - Right now is our pre-season - See you next season -

boomer39
24th April, 2011, 03:33 PM
you have still got to play chelsea and the arse, we have got to play spurs, who have to play city and chelsea... cant really see us being lower than 2nd in this table...

Shady
24th April, 2011, 04:42 PM
@pilla
thanks for the rep m8! its been too long since u last gave me some

pillapow
24th April, 2011, 05:23 PM
@pilla
thanks for the rep m8! its been too long since u last gave me some

Enjoy your hangover -

reddevil157
24th April, 2011, 06:48 PM
Dont close the thread GMB, They have their own thread, why they feel the need to come in here after they scraped a win and we won for fun, i dont know, jealous of our attacking quality probably -Something up with you chap, your in the Man u thread more than some of us, and you have the cheek to bawl about us coming in here. Get a life:manusign:

mrgasman
24th April, 2011, 08:05 PM
Oh right I see what you mean now, you mean your top of the league and that's your definition of success. :stupid::laugh:Mine and most other peoples is the number of trophies that have been won. But of it makes you happy you hang in there and carry on believing :roflmao:

The debate was who is the biggest club and right now it is not Liverpool who's ground is smaller, income is smaller, is worth a 3rd of Manchester Uniteds market value they also have a collectively smaller squad of big name players and currently dwell in 6th position right next to Everton, 21 points lol behind the current league leaders. If you want to keep the 18-5 on repeat for the next 20 years then that's fine but I think it's fair to say that as a club and at this moment in time (not the 80's ) Liverpool are smaller, of course I don't expect any of these silly facchts to get in the way of the 18-5 chorus. Although surely if Utd get to 19 first then can they be regarded as the most successful club of all time with regards to the league ?
Now when I said currently I meant in recent years (as with the point of the original debate) not back in the good old days lol. I meant Utd are actually winning more silverware currently as apposed to Liverpool who are currently winning nothing, Nada, zip butkas. (of course i fully expect next year to be your year AGAIN !! lol )

Bulld0g
24th April, 2011, 08:24 PM
The debate was who is the biggest club and right now it is not Liverpool who's ground is smaller, income is smaller, is worth a 3rd of Manchester Uniteds market value they also have a collectively smaller squad of big name players and currently dwell in 6th position right next to Everton, 21 points lol behind the current league leaders. If you want to keep the 18-5 on repeat for the next 20 years then that's fine but I think it's fair to say that as a club and at this moment in time (not the 80's ) Liverpool are smaller, of course I don't expect any of these silly facchts to get in the way of the 18-5 chorus. Although surely if Utd get to 19 first then can they be regarded as the most successful club of all time with regards to the league ?
Now when I said currently I meant in recent years (as with the point of the original debate) not back in the good old days lol. I meant Utd are actually winning more silverware currently as apposed to Liverpool who are currently winning nothing, Nada, zip butkas. (of course i fully expect next year to be your year AGAIN !! lol )

we've got our own European cup. Eighteen titles and Five European cups, why don't you come and visit it, it's here for eternity :roflmao: we are the most successful club in English football and one of an elite band who own their own European cup, sadly for you, your not part of it and can't say the same. That makes us currently the most successful club. I bet it hurts when it sinks in doesn't it m8 lol

mrgasman
24th April, 2011, 09:14 PM
we've got our own European cup. Eighteen titles and Five European cups, why don't you come and visit it, it's here for eternity :roflmao: we are the most successful club in English football and one of an elite band who own their own European cup, sadly for you, your not part of it and can't say the same. That makes us currently the most successful club. I bet it hurts when it sinks in doesn't it m8 lol

Your not getting this are you mate lol

The debate isn't who is the most successful but who is the biggest and currently that is Manchester United.

I said currently the most successful meaning at this point in time Utd are enjoying more success, now you have hung on to that to gloat your point about having more success in the days of black and white telly.

boomer39
24th April, 2011, 09:30 PM
@mrgasman.
by current/recent,what do you mean?? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 years etc....are we less successful than arsenal who have won what since 2006? you and your lot keep banging on about us and history, but when did you win your 1st league title?? in the past!!!! without the 1st, there would be no 19!!
btw... our ground has ALWAYS been smaller than yours, newton heath apart, but that did not hinder our success!! history = FACT....

Bulld0g
24th April, 2011, 09:32 PM
Your not getting this are you mate lol

The debate isn't who is the most successful but who is the biggest and currently that is Manchester United.

I said currently the most successful meaning at this point in time Utd are enjoying more success, now you have hung on to that to gloat your point about having more success in the days of black and white telly.

Your getting better at swerving the point m8 but just not good enough lol Did we really only have black and white tv when old big ears became ours for good ? It really doesnt seem like that long ago TBH.

Oh wait, it wasn't was it ? You just wish it was. You see, during our present barren spell since winning the league, we have won The European cup been runners up and won the UEFA cup as well as Three fa cups and Three League cups, now that is barren, unlike your Twenty Six year barren spell when Denis Law back heeled you into the oblivion of the second division. :roflmao:

boomer39
24th April, 2011, 09:32 PM
black and white telly??? grow up....

RedSpider
24th April, 2011, 10:57 PM

liverpools trophy-haul majority is dwindling fast. it may take a while before united have 5 champions league titles but it will happen in time.
believe it or not, if united don't win the premier league then i would rather it be won by liverpool because, as things are these days, i detest liverpool less than i detest the actual title challengers.

and, back to the amount of trophies.... you can hang on to past glories for as long as you like but it ultimately means nothing in the here and now.
you can go on about history or pilla can post his usual. pointless shite but what really matters is what's happening right now. united are top of the league and will win another title.

18 league titles???

try 19 and ~~~~ off lol

maca
24th April, 2011, 10:59 PM
Oh shut up and put your teeth back in your gumming again lol

pillapow
24th April, 2011, 11:07 PM
Something up with you chap, your in the Man u thread more than some of us, and you have the cheek to bawl about us coming in here. Get a life:manusign:

You lot were in here in force right after we beat Birmingham 5:0 ffs - Have ben since - Darkness neareth for United -

mrgasman
25th April, 2011, 12:23 AM
You lot were in here in force right after we beat Birmingham 5:0 ffs - Have ben since - Darkness neareth for United -

You mind find it was after Utd beat Everton, I only look for your results now to have a chuckle. I know you said your not bothered if Utd get 19 titles but for all the real fans it will hurt badly.

Still you can harp on about 5 European trophies still and im sure Utd will equal that and best it.
Wonder how many European successes the babes would have enjoyed had they not met with such tradgedy ? That point I would remember before throwing your past success around in the competition that Busby defied the football league to enter !

Tried to have a discussion with bulldog about your claim that Liverpool are still the biggest club but that degenerated into 18-5 like everything else.

So a question all silverweare aside who are the bigger club in todays game Man Utd or Liverpool ?

Answers on a deflective postcard please

opsmonkey
25th April, 2011, 01:27 AM
Bigger club is hard to define.. Both sets of fans can rake up mass support across the world.. The fact that a team that hasn't won a domestic league title for 21 years can demand a bigger shirt sponsorship deal than the club that has dominated for the past 15 speaks volumes to show that like it or not Liverpool FC still carries massive weight in the footballing world..

Most successful... Currently still LFC.. The fact that we are seen as the benchmark hurts the mancs.. The fact that after lying dormant for so long their success is and will be cast under our shadow really grips there pissers... Come May if they win they can brake out of that domestic shadow..

Most successful in the past 15 years.. Utd no arguments..

However if el ratto judas boy now fires Chelsea to the league title it may just be the best bit of business ever done by a Liverpool manager..

Gets rid of a sulk for ?50m, buys in 2 committed players, judas looks a tit for 4 months then steals the trophy away from the mancs..

How good would that be.. especially when later that same week Messi and co make them look like blurts again but this time on home turf :roflmao:

mrgasman
25th April, 2011, 01:56 AM
Bigger club is hard to define.. Both sets of fans can rake up mass support across the world.. The fact that a team that hasn't won a domestic league title for 21 years can demand a bigger shirt sponsorship deal than the club that has dominated for the past 15 speaks volumes to show that like it or not Liverpool FC still carries massive weight in the footballing world..

Most successful... Currently still LFC.. The fact that we are seen as the benchmark hurts the mancs.. The fact that after lying dormant for so long their success is and will be cast under our shadow really grips there pissers... Come May if they win they can brake out of that domestic shadow..

However if el ratto judas boy now fires Chelsea to the league title it may just be the best bit of business ever done by a Liverpool manager..

Gets rid of a sulk for ?50m, buys in 2 committed players, judas looks a tit for 4 months then steals the trophy away from the mancs..

How good would that be.. especially when later that same week Messi and co make them look like blurts again but this time on home turf :roflmao:

Good honest post mate it beats the weve got 5 bile that's been served up in recenty pages. I would not swap that shirt deal for our league places though lol
Would make a great story if Torres thwarted our assault but the Arsenal game now holds key for me. We shall see eh
I would love to see Utd take a 19th title and step from under the vast shadow :roflmao: come May but if not then the celebrations can simply be performed at a later stage in my life.;)

pillapow
25th April, 2011, 01:29 PM
Good honest post mate it beats the weve got 5 bile that's been served up in recenty pages. I would not swap that shirt deal for our league places though lol
Would make a great story if Torres thwarted our assault but the Arsenal game now holds key for me. We shall see eh
I would love to see Utd take a 19th title and step from under the vast shadow :roflmao: come May but if not then the celebrations can simply be performed at a later stage in my life.;)

You havent won anything yet softlad -

Dont count your chickens just yet -

mrgasman
25th April, 2011, 02:23 PM
You havent won anything yet softlad -

Dont count your chickens just yet -

Where in the post you quoted do I say it's won already ?

Originally Posted by mrgasman http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/liverpool-thread-1943/index385.html#post1072175)

pillapow
25th April, 2011, 03:56 PM
Where in the post you quoted do I say it's won already ?

You didnt but you come across as if its in the bag and what not - Do you think you can get past Shalke and Beat Real or Barca ? Shalke are a very good side and lets be honest Uniteds form over the last month or so has been piss poor, Scraped a win against Chelsea, Lost to a poor City side that we riped to bits afew days earlier, Drew at toon, Lucky not to lose in fact, Few peno decisions went your way, Had to try and cheat for a pen but got caught out, Barely scraped a win at Everton... Now a hoard of big games ensue -

mrgasman
25th April, 2011, 08:52 PM
You didnt but you come across as if its in the bag and what not - Do you think you can get past Shalke and Beat Real or Barca ? Shalke are a very good side and lets be honest Uniteds form over the last month or so has been piss poor, Scraped a win against Chelsea, Lost to a poor City side that we riped to bits afew days earlier, Drew at toon, Lucky not to lose in fact, Few peno decisions went your way, Had to try and cheat for a pen but got caught out, Barely scraped a win at Everton... Now a hoard of big games ensue -

No I didn't did I now I'm not counting any chickens but have said that we are in a great postion. There is not one team in the league who wouldn't swap places with Utd just now and wouldn't you like to have that run of big games in front of you rather than hoping for 5th ?
Champions league semi and big games in a title run in ah well you will be in place for a title run next year (now you actually did say that lol).
Like I've said if we win the league we will deserve it for being the best of a bad bunch and if we don't I will understand that also.

pillapow
25th April, 2011, 10:00 PM
No I didn't did I now I'm not counting any chickens but have said that we are in a great postion. There is not one team in the league who wouldn't swap places with Utd just now and wouldn't you like to have that run of big games in front of you rather than hoping for 5th ?
Champions league semi and big games in a title run in ah well you will be in place for a title run next year (now you actually did say that lol).
Like I've said if we win the league we will deserve it for being the best of a bad bunch and if we don't I will understand that also.

So you dont think we are playing well enough to go for the title next season then ?

Of course you deserve it - Im not saying you arent - Arsenal have faultered at the critical moments -

mrgasman
25th April, 2011, 11:24 PM
So you dont think we are playing well enough to go for the title next season then ?

Of course you deserve it - Im not saying you arent - Arsenal have faltered at the critical moments -

It's not about playing well in bursts it's a long season, and no I dont think Liverpool have the squad for the marathon (could have a good cup run though). The cheque book will need to open big time along with the exit door and even then the squad will need to adjust which can take a season or two. Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal have big squads (and City are testament to needing time to adjust) but Chelsea's is an old squad in need of a clear out. Arsenal is a squad to young (but there day will dawn soon) we have seen by their mental collapse they are not yet ready. Utd's squad is in need of attention especially through the midfield and with retirements of old legends imminent, but it is quite solid otherwise. Which leaves City and they will be the main threat and not to Utd as we will challenge for titles (may not win them but challenge all the same) but a threat to your Champions league spot. If City break in this season then a different class of player will want to play for them which is bad news for Utd but it's terrible news if your outside the big 4.

pillapow
25th April, 2011, 11:29 PM
It's not about playing well in bursts it's a long season, and no I dont think Liverpool have the squad for the marathon (could have a good cup run though). The cheque book will need to open big time along with the exit door and even then the squad will need to adjust which can take a season or two. Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal have big squads (and City are testament to needing time to adjust) but Chelsea's is an old squad in need of a clear out. Arsenal is a squad to young (but there day will dawn soon) we have seen by their mental collapse they are not yet ready. Utd's squad is in need of attention especially through the midfield and with retirements of old legends imminent, but it is quite solid otherwise. Which leaves City and they will be the main threat and not to Utd as we will challenge for titles (may not win them but challenge all the same) but a threat to your Champions league spot. If City break in this season then a different class of player will want to play for them which is bad news for Utd but it's terrible news if your outside the big 4.

Tried to speak civil with you but it isnt working mate, You are in denial, You are a United fan though, Thats to be expected - See you next season -

As for "opening the cheque book" when was the last time United did that ? We hold British shirt sponsor record, British transfer record - I wont say we are a bigger club because you will go into defence mode again - The dark days are closing in for United, You know this dont you ?

mrgasman
25th April, 2011, 11:57 PM
Tried to speak civil with you but it isnt working mate, You are in denial, You are a United fan though, Thats to be expected - See you next season -

As for "opening the cheque book" when was the last time United did that ? We hold British shirt sponsor record, British transfer record - I wont say we are a bigger club because you will go into defence mode again - The dark days are closing in for United, You know this dont you ?

I did notice that Pilla and my reply was civil also and it contained my honest opinion on why I don't think Liverpool will be challenging just yet (it wasnt meant to be offensive). I may be wrong on some points or I may be right and others would disagree but that's the trouble with opinions isn't it they are like arseholes, everybody's got one. Utd do open the cheque book most seasons but fact is we need to service someone else's debt and were a bit tight so we may well spend our time looking for little peas and recalling the like's of Cleverly and Wellbeck.

pillapow
26th April, 2011, 10:05 AM
I did notice that Pilla and my reply was civil also and it contained my honest opinion on why I don't think Liverpool will be challenging just yet (it wasnt meant to be offensive). I may be wrong on some points or I may be right and others would disagree but that's the trouble with opinions isn't it they are like arseholes, everybody's got one. Utd do open the cheque book most seasons but fact is we need to service someone else's debt and were a bit tight so we may well spend our time looking for little peas and recalling the like's of Cleverly and Wellbeck.

Well good luck with that lark-

imanob
26th April, 2011, 11:03 AM
well it seems this is a runner do you think its good that we feel so strongly about our teams and will argue eveything said about them so heres my go i have to give utd credit for what they have achived over the past 20yrs dont think any of us reds could argue that but just to remind you and as been said on this forum many times football didnt start with sky so lets remember it took utd 26yrs to win it again and also a other 20 to beat our record if they do it this year so althou we have waited to long to win it again and i have no doubts we will win it again utds record is not that great considering how long it has took them

opsmonkey
26th April, 2011, 12:20 PM
Any Reds who missed Saturday's goals..

Goals: Liverpool 5 v 0 Birmingham City ? Kop That - Liverpool FC (http://kopthat.co.uk/?p=845819362)

opsmonkey
26th April, 2011, 02:19 PM
You all know me.. bit of a photoshop geek..

My take on a Warrior design for season 2012/13 :D

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/lpoolwarriorHA-1.jpg

pillapow
26th April, 2011, 03:33 PM
Good effort but that reminds me of the old candy kits

thered
26th April, 2011, 06:21 PM

i agree with most of what you said however apart from defining the bigger club on a world base is us and i dont think there would be that many scousers who would disagree if they were honest

i will define bigger club we have the biggest turnover the biggest crowds and we sell over 1/2 a million more shirts a year worldwide than yourselves our deal pulls in ?25M a season now and was signed in 2000 so to be pulling a similar deal a massive 11 years later shows actually how far you are behind we will be looking at around ?40M for the next one. We were worth more than FSG sport payed for you now than when the glazers took over. We are currently worth more than double maybe even 3 times what your club is worth

We are by far the bigger club we are englands crown jewel as a football institution but admittedly we are not quite as succesful

domestically we have our noses in front (just) by way of fa cup outranking league cup

european cup you have the edge with 2

i am going to define and being honest you are the most succesful team in england at the minute

by way of counting your 18+5 which gives you the major honours in football 23 times in total

by which we have currently 21 and 2 trophies less hopefully come end of may it will be 22

no messing with cups world club bollox or whatevr on like for like where it matters you are just ahead and i dont really like to admit it but you are the more succesfull at this moment in time

but you are nowhere near the biggest and hopefully this moment in time will soon be gone

wongers
26th April, 2011, 07:01 PM
glad to see you've finally come to your senses with this post been observing the cat fight on here for the last few days but didn't feel the need to contribute as others were posting eloquently (well nearly all) find it amusing that you that you keep banging on about being the biggest club when really you should be striving to be the best as we have always done, its rather like two kids fighting over who's got the biggest dad which when you think about is irrelevant ,nice to see fergie on the news telling the world he'd like to be up there with the other super powers of europe like madrid & liverpool you carry on being bigger than us we'll try to carry on being more successfull than you

thered
26th April, 2011, 07:37 PM
glad to see you've finally come to your senses with this post been observing the cat fight on here for the last few days but didn't feel the need to contribute as others were posting eloquently (well nearly all) find it amusing that you that you keep banging on about being the biggest club when really you should be striving to be the best as we have always done

we dont need to strive to be the best we have been the best in the country for the last 20 years

you are confusing being the best with being succesfull over an entire history of which you are currently the latter

they are 2 different things

there was a time when sunderland and villa were the most succesful english club but you dont here them banging on about it ;)

does that make them the best no or even one of the best again no

the best is the person or team who is currently top of the tree ahead of their peers which is something we always strive for being the biggest is just a bonus :beer:

wongers
26th April, 2011, 07:50 PM
been meaning to watch this for a long time just got round to it if you can get a copy well worth a look "the 12th man bobby wilcox" you can see snippets on you tube

mrgasman
27th April, 2011, 12:51 AM
we dont need to strive to be the best we have been the best in the country for the last 20 years

you are confusing being the best with being succesfull over an entire history of which you are currently the latter

they are 2 different things

there was a time when sunderland and villa were the most succesful english club but you dont here them banging on about it ;)

does that make them the best no or even one of the best again no

the best is the person or team who is currently top of the tree ahead of their peers which is something we always strive for being the biggest is just a bonus :beer:

I tried to have this discussion earlier in the thread but everything added up to 5 no matter what was said.
Good fun though the scouse humor still lives even when they dont know

Wolfpack
27th April, 2011, 02:09 AM
I been reading shirt deal conversation and first Liverpool got the shirt deal cause the Warrior is a Boston based company that also supplies the Red Sox with their Uniforms. They paid 25 mil cause they want to expand their company. Liverpool is the 4th largest seller in the world for football jerseys. Only Man U, Barca and Real Madrid sell more. So for a company that only sells in the US this deal should pay off since football Jerseys out sell any other shirt in sports. Just look who has the best selling Jersey in the USA? David Beckham's jersey out sells the best sellers in basketball, American football and baseball combined. So i really don't think the shirt deal makes Liverpool any bigger of a club. Do you think any other club would use Warrior? I just hope they don't ruin the look of the club

lfc4life
27th April, 2011, 09:10 AM
Liverpool MP Steve Rotheram tables parliamentary motion to get Kenny Dalgish knighted (http://m.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/livecho/sBWqqeKHdl2o2l4Xxzr8kgQ/view.m?id=2950173&tid=638956&cat=LiverpoolFC_News)

wongers
27th April, 2011, 10:31 AM
I tried to have this discussion earlier in the thread but everything added up to 5 no matter what was said.
Good fun though the scouse humor still lives even when they dont know

and thats what sticks in your craw mate you've suddenly realised that although you've equalled our league record you still have some way to go to equall our record in europe it took some of you a long time to grasp that 18 and 18 are an equal number as my old maths teacher used to tell me (cheers mr parry) as having reached it you then became so much better than us then again maybe ours is an ancient 18 and not the same as a modern 18 as you would have us believe (what do you think mr.parry) all those hours slogging over logarithm tables wondering WHY its now dawned on me its to teach mancs maths :roflmao:

Miklo
27th April, 2011, 11:00 AM
Seems like Man Utd fans will be running scared next season. :toilet:

;)

bowie
27th April, 2011, 10:44 PM
i believe liverpool will win the league next season simply because they are the best team on the planet. all their players are truly world class and they have the greatest manager the game has ever seen, who by the way is long overdue a knighthood. not to mention this phenomenal shirt deal that is the envy of every team worldwide. football fans up and down the country are now running scared of liverpool and the fact that they are about to dominate football, home and abroad, for the next 20 years.

by the way i was being sarcastic

opsmonkey
27th April, 2011, 11:24 PM
cant wait for Barca to mate the dung look like Shalke in front of the world cameras again.. Rome replay..? Yes please

mrgasman
28th April, 2011, 12:30 AM
and thats what sticks in your craw mate you've suddenly realised that although you've equalled our league record you still have some way to go to equall our record in europe it took some of you a long time to grasp that 18 and 18 are an equal number as my old maths teacher used to tell me (cheers mr parry) as having reached it you then became so much better than us then again maybe ours is an ancient 18 and not the same as a modern 18 as you would have us believe (what do you think mr.parry) all those hours slogging over logarithm tables wondering WHY its now dawned on me its to teach mancs maths :roflmao:
Oh dear

Seems like Man Utd fans will be running scared next season. :toilet:

;)
Oh dear oh dear

i believe liverpool will win the league next season simply because they are the best team on the planet. all their players are truly world class and they have the greatest manager the game has ever seen, who by the way is long overdue a knighthood. not to mention this phenomenal shirt deal that is the envy of every team worldwide. football fans up and down the country are now running scared of liverpool and the fact that they are about to dominate football, home and abroad, for the next 20 years.

by the way i was being sarcastic
No shit ;):roflmao:

cant wait for Barca to mate the dung look like Shalke in front of the world cameras again.. Rome replay..? Yes please
No ones through yet !!

But ya know you gotta be innit to win it :aetsch:

pillapow
28th April, 2011, 02:23 PM
I enjoyed watching United play the other night, Its not Uniteds fault they have bad fans, Barcelona will destroy United -

thered
28th April, 2011, 02:38 PM
Do you think any other club would use Warrior? I just hope they don't ruin the look of the club

if donnay offered more than anyone else your kit and our kit would be made by donnay money talks the highest bidder will always win

your kit is made by warrior because they offered the dosh

the more dosh you get the more money the directors get and the more money they can spend/take from club

they do not care what your logo looks like its about bank balances

in an ideal world id honestly like us to be made by adidas i like the retro logo reminds me of the 80's kits but if nike pay most we will be with nike again when ours runs out

thered
28th April, 2011, 02:59 PM

barca can be beat they were beaten by a poor inter milan side last year (all be it thanks partly to an ash cloud)

in rome we were too negative we sat back hoping to catch them on the break but couldnt get the ball to stick up top rooney was totally isolated with no support

it was easy for barca we sat back too deep and it kept coming back and back we had no outlet

if we get past schalke will it be any differnt ?

not sure but if ferguson is bold and goes 2 up top we have an outlet puyol wont be able to defend on the half way line because hernandez is like lightning therefore they will not be able to play as high up as they did last time

not sure if we will win barca are a great team some have said the best of all time but i think if we go 2 up top id fancy our chances of making a game of it at least

time will tell i think it will be uneasy viewing for you lot though if we progress past schalke in game of 90 minutes anything is possible

pillapow
28th April, 2011, 03:39 PM
I'll be watching it with the popcorn and betting slip on the table that says 2:0 Barca -

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/robgambles/lfc.jpg

lfc4life
1st May, 2011, 09:31 AM
I enjoyed watching United play the other night, Its not Uniteds fault they have bad fans, Barcelona will destroy United -

PIILLA WASH YOUR ~~~~ING MOUTH OUT!!!! you are saying you enjoyed watching liverpools bitterest rivals!!! Thought you were a liverpool supporter??? I bet you a 100 pound man yoo ! dont win the final. You judas *****!

lfc4life
1st May, 2011, 09:32 AM
And we need to win today too keep the pressure on spurs ;)

aftermath
1st May, 2011, 09:40 AM
PIILLA WASH YOUR ~~~~ING MOUTH OUT!!!! you are saying you enjoyed watching liverpools bitterest rivals!!! Thought you were a liverpool supporter??? I bet you a 100 pound man yoo ! dont win the final. You judas *****!

Of course Barcelona will win, the powers to be will make sure of that. And i bet you this as well that a Man Utd player will get sent off to make sure of it..

lfc4life
1st May, 2011, 10:00 AM
Of course Barcelona will win, the powers to be will make sure of that. And i bet you this as well that a Man Utd player will get sent off to make sure of it..

YOU are telling me that man yoo were better the last time they played them the champs league final against barca! Its got nothing to do with the powers that be!

Why dont you phone mulder and scully then??? lol

YOU do make me laugh :aetsch:

aftermath
1st May, 2011, 10:06 AM
so your saying "van persie sending off was correct "
and that real madrid game was a sending off,

and every time they play real madrid they play 10 men..

and its not fixed, i dont like Mourino but there is some truth in what he has been saying..

Like i said whoever they may be, Barcelona cant lose, at any cost.. mark my words..

you cant as much blow on a Barca player and you will get sent off, and the whole team and even their bench will surround the Ref and give him no choice but to send players off

its people like you who makes me laugh , people who cant see any sense..
i suppose they play a fair game ? lol

pillapow
1st May, 2011, 01:59 PM
so your saying "van persie sending off was correct "

and its not fixed, i dont like Mourino but there is some truth in what he has been saying..

Like i said whoever they may be, Barcelona cant lose, at any cost.. mark my words..

you cant as much blow on a Barca player and you will get sent off, and the whole team and even their bench will surround the Ref and give him no choice but to send players off

i suppose they play a fair game ? lol

Thats exactly why i wouldnt mind United winning the trophy to beat the so called "best team ever" Another victory for English football - But then i want Barca to win to break Uniteds fans hearts, I dont hate United as a team but i would like to see their fans with broken hearts - 5th place now - That stupid ESPN commentator thinks we arent top 4 quality, ~~~~ing geordie - Poaching dead pidgeons from the main stand roof the dirty bastards .

boomer39
1st May, 2011, 04:47 PM
been a great weekend ...lovely weather, a right royal wedding, everton drew, chelsea won, we won, city are 2-0 up.. have i forgotten anything??? oh, yes, tranmere won!!!

the man
1st May, 2011, 06:41 PM
theres only one king kenny!

Wolfpack
1st May, 2011, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=aftermath;1080008]so your saying "van persie sending off was correct "

i suppose they play a fair game ? lol[/QUOTE

Pepe deserved the the red card but wasn't it his second yellow that got him the red. A player can't lead in with his studs showing that is a red cad no matter if he touches the player or not. The joke about it was he never touched Alves and he rolled around like he was shot.

You can see the difference between players like Alves (Brazil) and other South American players and the English and German players. In today's Liverpool Newcastle game Joey Barton got kicked in the face and all he did was rub his face and shake it off now if you seen Alves or Drogba get kicked they would still be on the ground crying you know like that crybaby Nani. I have to say Liverpool looks good and i'm sure Kenny will sign on for next year. It's his job for the taking.

lfc4life
1st May, 2011, 09:47 PM
Well done liverool fc on a good win! lets hope we can get 5th place :)

Bulld0g
1st May, 2011, 09:48 PM
Well the ball is in our court. Win all our games and we get the Europa place :)

pillapow
1st May, 2011, 11:41 PM

Merson just reffered to it as a poison chalice -

mrgasman
2nd May, 2011, 01:07 AM

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bulld0g
2nd May, 2011, 09:33 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes indeed i agree with your wooo, but considering we had our worse opening half to a season since we were relegated over 50 years ago and the fiasco off the pitch with the yanks then i think it would be a fantastic achievement on this occassion.

Doesn't say much for the rest of the league though does it , when after our worse season in my lifetime, we are only 7 points off a champions league place. The Liver bird is rising from the ashes like a phoenix :)

lfc4life
2nd May, 2011, 09:33 AM
I thought chris waddle was drunk yesterday on espn lol

boomer39
2nd May, 2011, 11:50 AM
I thought chris waddle was drunk yesterday on espn lol
spot on mate, i think you are probably definitely right!!!

lfc4life
2nd May, 2011, 11:52 AM
Sami hyypia has annouced today he is retiring from football! :(

WHAT A LEGEND! :)

wongers
2nd May, 2011, 02:07 PM

what a tit

mrgasman
2nd May, 2011, 03:44 PM
what a tit

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO :aetsch:

opsmonkey
2nd May, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'd just worry abar Torres raping your defense next weekend.. (again)

aftermath
2nd May, 2011, 04:36 PM
I'd just worry abar Torres raping your defense next weekend.. (again)

yep i would be worried too, ladyboys at the full..

just dont bend down to pick up the soap in the showers..

aftermath
2nd May, 2011, 04:43 PM
Yes indeed i agree with your wooo, but considering we had our worse opening half to a season since we were relegated over 50 years ago and the fiasco off the pitch with the yanks then i think it would be a fantastic achievement on this occassion.

Doesn't say much for the rest of the league though does it , when after our worse season in my lifetime, we are only 7 points off a champions league place. The Liver bird is rising from the ashes like a phoenix :)

Totally agree BD, i think the same of us, its the worst season ive seen Man Utd have for 20 or more years , and we still 3 points clear.

it doesnt make sense to me.

i still go by what i said many weeks ago, its the worst premiership ive seen for many years.... and i am going off how bad we have been and still are top of the league with 3 games to go

pillapow
2nd May, 2011, 07:27 PM
Well if we can win our last 3 games and Man City lose three and draw one then we are in fourth, Long shot but its possible, Everton beat them at Goodison, Spurs beat them at Eastlands, City beat Stoke in the FA cup final, Then Stoke smash them for payback and they draw at Bolton or Bolton beat them, Its possible - Long shot, But its possible -

cunny
2nd May, 2011, 07:43 PM
Well if we can win our last 3 games and Man City lose three and draw one then we are in fourth, Long shot but its possible, Everton beat them at Goodison, Spurs beat them at Eastlands, City beat Stoke in the FA cup final, Then Stoke smash them for payback and they draw at Bolton or Bolton beat them, Its possible - Long shot, But its possible -

YouTube - Rose Royce - Wishing On A Star

wongers
2nd May, 2011, 07:47 PM
great song that:top:

mrgasman
2nd May, 2011, 10:45 PM
YouTube - Rose Royce - Wishing On A Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlqMm5sifXs)

Or there's YouTube - Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream

Or for those of us that live in the present day lol

YouTube - Nelly - Just A Dream

pillapow
2nd May, 2011, 11:06 PM
Whats the matter with you mancs ? Whats the ~~~~in matter with ya ? I would ~~~~in Love Chelsea to take this title - Your always worrying about what we're doing - Squeeky arsehole time for you lot -

Shady
2nd May, 2011, 11:09 PM
trust me.. NOBODY worries about what liverpools doing

i await your customary bad rep with delighted anticipation :roflmao:

mrgasman
2nd May, 2011, 11:29 PM
Whats the matter with you mancs ? Whats the ~~~~in matter with ya ? I would ~~~~in Love Chelsea to take this title - Your always worrying about what we're doing - Squeeky arsehole time for you lot -

Wouldnt you just love to swap :roflmao:

Torres might finally get his hands on a piece of silverware eh
Now he's gone to a big club pmsl

Wolfpack
3rd May, 2011, 12:07 AM
Sami hyypia has annouced today he is retiring from football! :(

WHAT A LEGEND! :)

I wish Liverpool would sign him to a 1 day contract so he could retire with a Liverpool shirt on his back

setfiretorain
3rd May, 2011, 02:21 AM
- BREAKING NEWS -
The time that roy hodgson was announced manager of liverpool, Kenny daglish was writing a song, it was released in the form of a animated song and dance from lions ?

Heres the link!

YouTube - The lion King - I just can't wait to be king

pillapow
3rd May, 2011, 11:06 AM
Wouldnt you just love to swap :roflmao:

Rather be Liverpool in league one mate than United at the top of the PL - Give it time, We'll be laughing at you lot soon enough -

boomer39
3rd May, 2011, 04:21 PM
Rather be Liverpool in league one mate than United at the top of the PL - Give it time, We'll be laughing at you lot soon enough -
are you REAL??... OBVIOUSLY N..O..T!!!!

thered
3rd May, 2011, 05:16 PM
- BREAKING NEWS -
The time that roy hodgson was announced manager of liverpool, Kenny daglish was writing a song, it was released in the form of a animated song and dance from lions ?

Heres the link!

YouTube - The lion King - I just can***39;t wait to be king (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXs8OS6EdAE)

disney sounds about right

wongers
3rd May, 2011, 07:35 PM
Read an extract from Brian Reade's new book - An Epic Swindle: 44 Months With A Pair Of Cowboys

By Brian Reade in Mirror Football Blog
Published 23:00 17/04/11

(18) Recommend (9)

Brian Reade?s new book An Epic Swindle: 44 Months With A Pair Of Cowboys is the riveting inside story of how Liverpool FC was dragged to its knees during the *shambolic reign of US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Here is an extract:

Tom Hicks? favourite camera crew was summoned to his Dallas mansion for the most repulsive PR stunt ever pulled by anyone connected with Liverpool FC.

As he sat in his cosy armchair, his wounded expression as fake as the gas-flamed fire burning behind him, back at his Formby home Steven Gerrard stared at his TV in disgust.

A year into the Americans? reign, civil war was raging at Anfield, with fans, manager and board members at each others? throats. And now the absentee Texan owner was calling for chief executive Rick Parry?s head on worldwide TV.

That Sky interview was the final straw for the Liverpool captain. He never wanted to look at Hicks or Gillett again.

Gerrard says: ?I was thinking, ?When is this going to end? One year? Two years?? You could see it was just going to get messier and the people really suffering were the team and the supporters.?

In their first meeting, the Americans promised Gerrard they would restore the club to the pinnacle of European football while respecting its history.

?But that wasn?t the case, especially when they were dragging the club through the courts,? he says. ?That was a disgrace. I can?t find the words to describe them. Let?s just say they had some balls. I didn?t think they?d drag the club to those lengths for some money. It just showed how greedy they were.?

At his home a few miles down the Merseyside coast, Jamie Carragher watched that same TV interview in April 2008 in despair. He recalls: ?That?s when I thought it had got past a joke. To fly a TV crew over to your house, dress your kids in Liverpool tops, and start dishing the dirt on worldwide telly I just thought, ?Oh my God, what?s going on?? It was unforgivable.?

Like Gerrard, Carragher became emotionally exhausted with the Anfield anarchy.

?It was like your mum and dad scrapping. You don?t care what they?re fighting about, you just want to scream at them to shut up,? he says.

?The manager and owners might not have liked each other but they should have concentrated on letting us play football. I got sick of the rowing ? it just wouldn?t stop. Everyone was playing politics with no regard for the damage they were doing to the club. I wanted to shout, ?Can we forget about this and just play football???

The two local legends were also conscious that, in the final 18 months the Americans were there, the team suffered from an acute lack of investment. ?We were so close,? says Gerrard. ?Two European finals, finishing second ? we were two or three decent signings away from competing with anyone. That was the frustration.?

Gerrard won?t say it because it would seem like an excuse, but friends say there were times when he felt that the Americans cost him the one thing he?s craved all his professional life ? the Premier League. Carragher feels the same. ?I want to win medals and if the owners had put their money in like they promised then I might have won more than I did. You look at other players who are winning titles and you want to be better than them. So when the transfer money dries up like it did with those two, it gets you angry.

?I?d never say they definitely cost me a League title medal as it was down to us players, but if we hadn?t had crippling interest payments like we had we could have been spending an extra ?15-?20million in the last few transfer windows, which could have made the difference.

?I?d loved to have played in a new Anfield, too, but I won?t. If they?d put that spade in within 60 days as they promised, I?d be playing in it now.?

Spanish goalkeeper Pepe Reina told the pair he was amazed they didn?t go public and demand answers. Both admit the dilemma tortured them at the time and still plays on their consciences today. ?I totally understand why some of the fans were frustrated we didn?t speak out,? says Gerrard. ?When I?m down with England I hear stories about what big players have said at their clubs, but when me and Jamie speak we?re worried people might say, ?Does he think he?s bigger than Liverpool?? So it was a horrible situation as I wanted to come out and use my status to help but I was terrified of it backfiring.

?Should I say something? Would it make a difference? Who are we to criticise our bosses? They were the questions I kept asking myself and at times they were on the tip of my tongue. But if I?d wanted to speak to the owners I couldn?t, they were never there. It was a mess.?

Carragher agrees: ?Maybe me and Stevie should have come out when we had the power and said something, but we?re from here. We love the club and never like saying anything negative about it. It?s what we believe in. So whatever is thrown at you, you feel you have to take it.

?It?s like if someone in your family does something wrong you?ll still stand behind them even if you want to slag them off.?

The pair?s major worry was how the fans were suffering. Gerrard says: ?The lowest point was when the Kop were holding sit-ins to protest. I was thinking, ?Let?s get them out, enough is enough, the sooner these are out the better.??

It got to Carragher so much he stopped reading newspapers. ?I switched off. I wasn?t reading about football, it was backbiting and bitching and plots and people slagging each other off.

?The game wasn?t played on the pitch but off it. Political games. It became a bad soap opera. I wasn?t just thinking about my game. I was thinking, ?Whose side should I be on?? I wished I could do my training and think about nothing else, but it became impossible. I was taking it all home with me.

?In the end I was so pleased the Americans walked away with nothing as they had their chances to sell the club and make their profit but chose not to. They didn?t care about Liverpool ? they just cared about themselves.?

interesting this shows you what the players thought

opsmonkey
4th May, 2011, 10:32 PM
Hmm.. If it was me I'd have gone public and slated them..

Gets me as a 'walk on by' attitude that.. It took a lot of people a massive effort to drum up the G&H Out campaign..

Gerrard and Carragher could have had the same effect but in half the time..

mrgasman
5th May, 2011, 01:45 AM
Hmm.. If it was me I'd have gone public and slated them..

Gets me as a 'walk on by' attitude that.. It took a lot of people a massive effort to drum up the G&H Out campaign..

Gerrard and Carragher could have had the same effect but in half the time..

Sounds like a good name for a song

pillapow
6th May, 2011, 04:20 PM
Just found an old vynil in the loft, one of my grandads probably, The Kop Choir 1972 featuring songs from the kop from the Bayern Munich and Chelsea games, Had a little search and it seems to be rare, even on cd let alone vynil, Has Shanklys thoughts on the kop on the rear explaining why its so special and that its equal to a goal advantage for Liverpool right from the off - That the kop has a great sense of humour but can also be crual at times.. Anyone else on here got one of these and do you reckon its worth a few quid ? Not going to sell it like, Just curious.

Found another one The Anfield Rap Red Machine 1988 ?

pillapow
6th May, 2011, 04:48 PM
So many people on tha lfc.tv forum giving spearing abuse, now the lad gets a new contract, that should shut them up, koonts have banned me for another week for badmouthing united fans, The sites ran by ~~~~in anti-scouse wooliebacks.

opsmonkey
6th May, 2011, 11:46 PM
The official site is full of dicks and kids.. I stopped posting on it in 2001..

mrgasman
7th May, 2011, 10:10 PM
The official site is full of dicks and kids.. I stopped posting on it in 2001..

Liverpool fans then

boomer39
8th May, 2011, 12:07 AM
Liverpool fans then
i should answer that with the contempt it deserves but will not lower myself to a scumbag dunga that you are.........

mrgasman
8th May, 2011, 12:12 AM
Surely i was just in statement of fact boomer ?

It was after all referencing a LFC forum :stupid:

pillapow
8th May, 2011, 01:03 AM
Surely i was just in statement of fact boomer ?

It was after all referencing a LFC forum :stupid:

No trophys for you this season.

mrgasman
8th May, 2011, 02:00 AM
No trophys for you this season.

Is this not for the John Smiths thread ?

Fuuck all

thered
8th May, 2011, 12:28 PM
Just found an old vynil in the loft, one of my grandads probably, The Kop Choir 1972 featuring songs from the kop from the Bayern Munich and Chelsea games, Had a little search and it seems to be rare, even on cd let alone vynil, Has Shanklys thoughts on the kop on the rear explaining why its so special and that its equal to a goal advantage for Liverpool right from the off - That the kop has a great sense of humour but can also be crual at times.. Anyone else on here got one of these and do you reckon its worth a few quid ? Not going to sell it like, Just curious.

Found another one The Anfield Rap Red Machine 1988 ?

2 things if it was on CD in 1972 it would be realy rare

the answer to your other question is is it worth anything

yes its worth 99p there is a few on ebay

The Kop Choir Liverpool Club's Own Football Sound 1972 | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kop-Choir-Liverpool-Clubs-Own-Football-Sound-1972-/200604091407?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2eb4ef840f)

not quite the sex pistols sorry

BBC News - Rare Sex Pistols disc is ***039;most valuable vinyl***039; (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13156206)

pillapow
8th May, 2011, 06:15 PM
2 things if it was on CD in 1972 it would be realy rare

the answer to your other question is is it worth anything

yes its worth 99p there is a few on ebay

The Kop Choir Liverpool Club's Own Football Sound 1972 | eBay UK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kop-Choir-Liverpool-Clubs-Own-Football-Sound-1972-/200604091407?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2eb4ef840f)

not quite the sex pistols sorry

BBC News - Rare Sex Pistols disc is ***039;most valuable vinyl***039; (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13156206)

Thanks for taking the time to look for that -

opsmonkey
8th May, 2011, 06:17 PM
So glad we sold Torres now.. I was gutted at the time..

He couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo..

What an utter shite tw@ he is..

Bulld0g
8th May, 2011, 06:21 PM
Have to agree on present form he's a joke.

pillapow
8th May, 2011, 06:21 PM
Its alright lads, They may have won the title but Barca will break their hearts -

Bulld0g
8th May, 2011, 06:28 PM
Its alright lads, They may have won the title but Barca will break their hearts -

They've won ~~~~ all yet, oh and yea pilla , no predictions for the fimal eh m8, please

pillapow
8th May, 2011, 06:33 PM
They've won ~~~~ all yet, oh and yea pilla , no predictions for the fimal eh m8, please

No probs, We wont hear the last of this perch lark now from those inbred dishrag dealers.

mrgasman
8th May, 2011, 06:37 PM
No probs, We wont hear the last of this perch lark now from those inbred dishrag dealers.

19 lar 19
pmsl

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

pillapow
8th May, 2011, 06:40 PM
19 lar 19
pmsl

Go and swallow another pint - Now you've hit your target, No doubt you will turn shit next season -

Wolfpack
8th May, 2011, 07:29 PM
I have to say Torres just don't fit playing for Chelsea. After the knee problem he lost a half a step. It don't help having a player like lampard on the pitch who has no vision should of kept ballak. I think if Torres stayed Liverpool would of played the same way in the second half but i like Suarez and Carrol better than what would of been Suarez Torres pairing. Can't wait til next season. Liverpool will lift the trophy

aftermath
8th May, 2011, 07:30 PM
BEL19VE IN UN19ED!

grimmer
8th May, 2011, 09:09 PM
love this thread....but coz im a liverpool supporter.

Fed up already with this 19 shite lol, its took them 30 years to get near LFC, but still are a few european cups behind to be crowned english's most successfull.

Going with what all the pundits are saying, its the worst squad on paper to win a league, and because of better teams this year having a few slip ups its where the manc's have won it.

But to see what barca will do to them is gonna be laughable.

Bulld0g
8th May, 2011, 09:11 PM
BEL19VE IN UN19ED!

So is the 9 an E or a T :hmmmm2:

mrgasman
8th May, 2011, 09:24 PM
So is the 9 an E or a T :hmmmm2:

Work it out

Bulld0g
8th May, 2011, 09:25 PM
Work it out

The sooner you sober up the better, ~~~~~~

mrgasman
8th May, 2011, 09:52 PM
Lol

Wolfpack
9th May, 2011, 12:22 AM
Pilla is right unless ManU sign a whole new team in the off season ManU only going one way and that is down. mrgasman keep your knickers on i only mean down the table not out of the Prem.

mrgasman
9th May, 2011, 12:53 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/redttide09/pic00153.jpg

mrgasman
9th May, 2011, 12:57 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/redttide09/V3d60.jpg

boomer39
9th May, 2011, 09:45 AM
this anus has got a gob as big as yours....faactt

immykhan
9th May, 2011, 11:12 AM
well rumour has it that rafa is getting the chelsea job and that the liverpool scout team have been following Kiesuke Honda since Jan. But I hope we get rid of all the dead wood like joe cole ect...

mrgasman
9th May, 2011, 01:32 PM
In light of all the shit I gave you lot yesterday :roflmao:

Here's something that will cheer you all up

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/109/y0o.mp4/)

It's our perch now chaps OURS

imanob
9th May, 2011, 02:04 PM
well they took there time in doin it looks like this yr they have have to well done to them sticks in my throat thou but there you go lets just hope the players and board were watchin and counted how many times we were mentioned and understand what it means to us to have this record taken for now and take us foreward like they have promised

Miklo
9th May, 2011, 02:55 PM
Easy gasman ;)

The EPL will be even more competitive next year as a couple more teams will be looking to be in contention for the title.

YNWA

pillapow
9th May, 2011, 04:39 PM
Gasser while your on it its a shit ridden old wooden budgie perch mate, ~~~~in enjoy it because you wont be on it long and thanks for that video, Now lets see Uniteds one.......

Bulld0g
9th May, 2011, 04:59 PM

Five times

mrgasman
9th May, 2011, 05:18 PM
Five times

Even the bluenoses have a 19 thread and their predictions aint bad :roflmao:

The nineteen thread (http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/35364-The-nineteen-thread?p=825049#post825049)

Bulld0g
9th May, 2011, 05:35 PM
Have they got a Five European cups thread too ?

mrgasman
9th May, 2011, 05:58 PM
Have they got a Five European cups thread too ?

It will be incorporated into the broken record thread bd

But as say the true measure of greatness is the amount of league titles a team has but you don't need to be told this.

pillapow
9th May, 2011, 06:05 PM
Even the bluenoses have a 19 thread and their predictions aint bad :roflmao:

The nineteen thread (http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/35364-The-nineteen-thread?p=825049#post825049)

Should be called the Jealous shower of shite thread that.

Miklo
9th May, 2011, 06:07 PM
It will be incorporated into the broken record thread bd

But as say the true measure of greatness is the amount of league titles a team has but you don't need to be told this.You got your broken record ready ;)

mrgasman
9th May, 2011, 06:12 PM
You got your broken record ready ;)

Yes it's well and truly at the ready and will quickly become very boring however it will continue to played and played and played pmsl.
Karma is what they call it ;)

opsmonkey
9th May, 2011, 09:05 PM
Shows how fcuking shite you were that it's taken 20 years (unchallenged) to beat our record...

Good first half tonight.. Not bad for a two man team of Gerrard and Torres

pillapow
9th May, 2011, 10:28 PM
Brilliant display, We are the team on fire at the moment in the prem, Gutted coz i was on for ?160 @ 4 nil. Great team effort.

opsmonkey
9th May, 2011, 10:42 PM
Poor second half... We leaked 2 goals ;)

setfiretorain
10th May, 2011, 01:14 AM
Good game, Suarez proving a hand full for the likes of Hangeland aye, We must now focus on getting 6/6 Pts from the next 2 games and not worry about others.

It's squeeky bum time now !:)

I honestly think this will be the table at the end of the season:

4th Liverpool - 64Pts
5th Manchester City - 63Pts
6th Tottenham - 59 Pts

Got a feeling stoke will get a draw out of city and bolton will beat 'em.

setfiretorain
10th May, 2011, 01:29 AM
and utd may have 19 titles, But they don't get nights like this :
YouTube - Liverpool vs. AC Milan Champions League Final 2005 [HQ]

opsmonkey
10th May, 2011, 01:43 AM
I can't stand em kid but they did something similar in 1999 against Bayern Munich..

Miklo
10th May, 2011, 09:36 AM
That was clinical finishing last night. It's been a while since Liverpool scored 5 goals away, especially as Fulham had a decent record at home recently. :)

Hopefully secured 5th but, wouldn't mind 4th :)

lfc4life
10th May, 2011, 10:15 AM
That was clinical finishing last night. It's been a while since Liverpool scored 5 goals away, especially as Fulham had a decent record at home recently. :)

Hopefully secured 5th but, wouldn't mind 4th :)

Think its a stretch too far! WOY wobbling tactics cost us big time! imagine were we would have been if he had been in charge earlier??

lfc4life
10th May, 2011, 10:25 AM
I am GLAD KING KENNY IS IN CHARGE ..... AND LOOK FORWARD TOO SEEING RISE BACK TOO THE TOP :)

thered
10th May, 2011, 10:32 AM
I am GLAD KING KENNY IS IN CHARGE ..... AND LOOK FORWARD TOO SEEING RISE BACK TOO THE TOP :)

like a phoenix from the flames he wasnt even good enough for newcastle

boomer39
10th May, 2011, 10:35 AM
what about blackburn then?????

pillapow
10th May, 2011, 11:19 AM

Come on... You lot are nervous.. How can you even spout such crap with the football hes got Liverpool playing RIGHT NOW........

thered
10th May, 2011, 11:41 AM
what about blackburn then?????

is that when he walked away from you lot citing to much pressure he needed a break then a few months later he pops up at blackburn lol

il give him that one he bought the title

then he comes back when you are struggling cant faill can he?

long live the king

btw i will concede he has done well since his arrival whether he has what it takes to even get top 4 again next season is another matter

spurs will spend again and city have buckets of cash it going to be tough next season for CL spots the usual suspects are not guaranteed the top 4 spots anymore

you are playing now without any pressure you havent had any real meaningful games since you went out of the fa cup your holy grail is 5th place and that is only possible atm due to spurs being in total freefall

dctyper
10th May, 2011, 12:12 PM
to be fair, his reasons for leaving liverpool are understandable. he is a true koppite

now he is back and we have the best in form team in the league and its only at half stregnth. lfc have no debt so we can spend big. its about time too

spurs who???

pillapow
10th May, 2011, 01:02 PM
is that when he walked away from you lot citing to much pressure he needed a break then a few months later he pops up at blackburn lol

Thats got to be the worst load of shit ive heard you say on here.

pillapow
10th May, 2011, 01:08 PM
Draw tonight hopefully -

thered
10th May, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thats got to be the worst load of shit ive heard you say on here.

its true or wernt you born then?

or do you believe his book ?

but to be fair he aint gonna say in his book the team was going nowhere it needed an overhaul and i didnt want to ruin my reputation doing it so i let souness ruin his

is he ?

pillapow
10th May, 2011, 01:39 PM

but to be fair he aint gonna say in his book the team was going nowhere it needed an overhaul and i didnt want to ruin my reputation doing it so i let souness ruin his

is he ?

I was born in 86 and didnt follow Liverpool much until 2006 when i actually realised what i am missing out on and began to understand what LFC is all about, past & present. (Dont label me a gloryhunter because ive always been a red) I wish i done it sooner and kept playing football day in day out but time has passed me by and other things led me astray (wheres me violin?) I havent read Dalglish's book (yet) Im on SG's book at the mo, Your best asking one of the aldfellas about that ;)

But it just sounded like you were having a dig at Dalglish/us for no reason and it didnt sound right tbh, I may be wrong.

boomer39
10th May, 2011, 03:11 PM
I was born in 86 and didnt follow Liverpool much until 2006 when i actually realised what i am missing out on and began to understand what LFC is all about, past & present. (Dont label me a gloryhunter because ive always been a red) I wish i done it sooner and kept playing football day in day out but time has passed me by and other things led me astray (wheres me violin?) I havent read Dalglish's book (yet) Im on SG's book at the mo, Your best asking one of the aldfellas about that ;)

But it just sounded like you were having a dig at Dalglish/us for no reason and it didnt sound right tbh, I may be wrong.
20, well maybe 15, wasted years...better live a long and happy life to make up for them!!!!

Bulld0g
10th May, 2011, 07:55 PM

No m8 the Liverbird will rise like a Phoenix from the flames, not Kenny, He's a god anyway.

Bulld0g
10th May, 2011, 07:58 PM

is he ?

Top of the league and in the fa cup with kids coming through, yea he really left us in the shit didn't he lol

Bulld0g
10th May, 2011, 08:03 PM

Your partly wrong pilla, he was having a go at Kenny but not for no reason, but because he knows he's a threat to old whisky nose whose days are numbered.

imanob
10th May, 2011, 08:07 PM
think you remember back then he did leave us in the shit yes were top of the league but were losing it fast arsenal had been docked points for fightin with utd and were still catchin us hes buys were poor at the time always thought he was touted for the blackburn job i seen the the chairman on kick off say they had told to take as much time has he needed and come back but went somewere else instead dont let the legend that is kenny fool you

Bulld0g
10th May, 2011, 08:21 PM
i'm not fooled by anyone m8 i remember it all. Don't you remember the way he aged virtually overnight. If you believe what he said, and i do, it was similar to when Shanks retired. They both thought it was the right thing for them to do at the time, both soon realised maybe it wasn't the right thing they done afterall but it was too late to come back. Whatever way you look at it we were top of the league and still in the fa cup.

I remember Kenny at the press conference and he looked haunted. If ever there was a man showing stress it was him.

imanob
10th May, 2011, 08:32 PM
yes i remember how he was and it was prob right that he left after he had done after hillsbough but still think there more to it to be honest

Bulld0g
10th May, 2011, 08:43 PM
Each to their own opinion. I think if he would have left directly after Hillsborough there would have been people saying he left us when the club needed someone to show strength. You either believe or disbelieve what he said, i personally believe him.

imanob
10th May, 2011, 08:51 PM
has you eash to there own mate i respect yours

opsmonkey
10th May, 2011, 08:51 PM
he's regretted leaving ever since.. you can tell that by the way he's got the club moving.. score to settle with himself ;)

thered
10th May, 2011, 09:44 PM
Each to their own opinion. I think if he would have left directly after Hillsborough there would have been people saying he left us when the club needed someone to show strength. You either believe or disbelieve what he said, i personally believe him.

personally bd i think if he retired there and then or even at the end of the season it would have been understood

it was 2 years later he cited his reasons as pressure and health and was retiring from football

a few months later he is back at blackburn and i remember a lot of unhappy scousers who couldnt understand it it shocked the football league

i dont think his reasons stated later were 100% accurate what did he think as blackburn manager he wouldnt have to play liverpool or visit hillsbrough again

i have no doubt that kenny dalglish holds liverpool and their fans close to his heart he probably regrets leaving but i do not think for 1 second his later reasons regarding hillsborough were his reasons for leaving

i honestly believe his reasons were at least in part through a fear of failure and being the man who seen a decline in liverpool fc's fortunes

key players were getting on macmahon,whelan, hansen retired beardsley and rush were also just past their peaks of 86 ish the team was still decent but needed some major repairs

this is why i think he got out at the top to preserve his status as the king

football speak has always been 80% bullsh*t and we lap it up everytime we love to here it when they speak about the crowd and its always been a dream to play here and how much they love it

thing is its not always the case

Bulld0g
10th May, 2011, 10:05 PM
Like i said red we all have our own opinions on football matters and i believe his reasons. This so called decline we were in seen us win the league in 1990 and top it at the time of his retirement in the February we were also still in the fa cup.

How do we know what players may have been bought for the following season, Money wasn't a problem to buy players and Mcmanaman and Redknapp were starting their careers in the first team. So i don't buy into all that doom and gloom shite, We will never know what would have happened if he had taken a break and stayed on, but as it turned out that was to Utds benefit. His heart has always been at Liverpool and always will be there is no doubt about that

boomer39
10th May, 2011, 10:39 PM
would have liked a draw tonight to take it to the wire, but if we do our stuff, we will be in europe again... think we have only missed out 4or 5 times in over 45 years. even in the banned years we still would have qualified, so for me it IS IMPORTANT to finish 5th...
btw, congrats to man city...

maca
10th May, 2011, 10:50 PM
Liver Bird to Fergie: Well done on the 19th title, but can we have our perch back please?
Fergie to Liver Bird: It;s taken me 25 years to knock you off that effing thing ; surely you don;t want your bird cage back already?
Liver Bird to Fergie: Get off our perch and dont come back until you;ve won five European Cups. And don;t call me Shirley.
No sooner had Sir Alex Ferguson moved to within a point of sealing Manchester United;s 19th title than his old sparring partner Kenny Dalglish sent a spectacular message to the grumpy old ~~~~er.

Take note ;)

pillapow
10th May, 2011, 11:00 PM
How many places is there for a Europa, Stoke and B'ham got two of em..

Shady
10th May, 2011, 11:01 PM
1 spot left.. between u and spuds

thered
11th May, 2011, 07:51 AM
1 spot left.. between u and spuds

looks like the spuds have been mashed tbh

i think they would be for the drop if they started the season like they ended it good idea giving gareth bale player of the year

boomer39
11th May, 2011, 09:31 AM
looks like the spuds have been mashed tbh

i think they would be for the drop if they started the season like they ended it good idea giving gareth bale player of the year
and just think if we had started like we have finished... be afraid... be very afraid.....

thered
11th May, 2011, 10:06 AM
and just think if we had started like we have finished... be afraid... be very afraid.....

IF we never had a plane crash we'd have won more trophies in league and europe

IF cantona never booted a fan we'd have won the league and 5 in a row

IF andy cole could hit a barn door v west ham in the same year we'd have won the league also

IF wayne rooney never ~~~~ed his self and rafael never got sent off against bayern last season we'd have won league and beat milan in CL final

by my reckoning IF all the IFS came true you would have been in the shade a long time ago

next year eh

pillapow
11th May, 2011, 10:15 AM

Say nothing, they were quiet for 5 mins there...

boomer39
11th May, 2011, 11:53 AM
IF we never had a plane crash we'd have won more trophies in league and europe

IF cantona never booted a fan we'd have won the league and 5 in a row

IF andy cole could hit a barn door v west ham in the same year we'd have won the league also

IF wayne rooney never ~~~~ed his self and rafael never got sent off against bayern last season we'd have won league and beat milan in CL final

by my reckoning IF all the IFS came true you would have been in the shade a long time ago

next year eh
mate , why the "....." bring that up?...you were the one who said if spurs had started like they finished etc! not me . all i did was to reverse it for us......

pillapow
11th May, 2011, 12:07 PM
mate , why the "....." bring that up?...you were the one who said if spurs had started like they finished etc! not me . all i did was to reverse it for us......

They show their true colours when they are ahead, They show what class they have, It just makes me proud to be a Liverpudlian listening to them.

Walkinmyshadow
11th May, 2011, 06:56 PM
Say nothing, they were quiet for 5 mins there...

Hahahaha...Gotta love that post :roflmao:

thered
11th May, 2011, 09:21 PM

ok point taken

but we have no need to be afraid i expect us to be stronger next year

boomer39
11th May, 2011, 10:27 PM
ok point taken

but we have no need to be afraid i expect us to be stronger next year
by the same score, do you expect us to be a lot stronger as well?..surely the last few months have shown the difference kenny has made, sadly too late this season but next season may, repeat,maybe different. we will have to wait and see but the last few months have filled me with more hope than i have had for a long time... even more so than 2 seasons go when we finished 2nd... utter failures again???? only being sarcastic there!!
if you win the league you deserve to, but dont forget, the league title has still been to anfield more times than to o/twaford....

thered
11th May, 2011, 10:47 PM
by the same score, do you expect us to be a lot stronger as well?..surely the last few months have shown the difference kenny has made, sadly too late this season but next season may, repeat,maybe different. we will have to wait and see but the last few months have filled me with more hope than i have had for a long time... even more so than 2 seasons go when we finished 2nd... utter failures again???? only being sarcastic there!!
if you win the league you deserve to, but dont forget, the league title has still been to anfield more times than to o/twaford....

technically maybe as we didnt move into ot till 1910 i think

but i have been hearing it a long time now boomer it will also depend on what this fenaway sports group want to spend

which at the minute is zero you just spent torres cash

i think we will spend even though we are skint and in debt to the eyeballs

i dont think the glazers are stupid they know to keep the club making money they have too keep chalenging and qualify for CL

you will do well next year to qualify for Cl boomer competition is getting tougher

i expect chelsea and city to spend big and there is 4 spots for realistically 6 teams

im not best at division but i dont think 6 go's into 4 and its hard playing 2 games a week some people laugh and think they should be able too and never ever get run down or tired

but the facts speak for themselves anyone in CL midweek usually suffer in following league game

you may be best out of it tbh as its looking like you have it in the bag now which in a way will only benefit spurs next year

mast
12th May, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hi

Breaking news King Kenny just confirmed on 3 year contract. Great news this and seasons not over yet I can wait for next season.

setfiretorain
12th May, 2011, 03:38 PM
~~~~ing get in there, Big kenny in !!

Beet me too it there mast, also steve clarke given a 3year deal too!

Liverpool 19 - United 19 next season ;)???

Where coming up, so all watch your backs !

Miklo
12th May, 2011, 04:06 PM
Kenny Dalglish deserves it after the massive turnaround in mood and results since he took over :)

blackteeth
12th May, 2011, 08:56 PM
Soon the Knight will bow to the King.

reddevil157
12th May, 2011, 09:12 PM
Your watching too many ~~~~in movies m8 lol

mast
12th May, 2011, 11:28 PM
~~~~ing get in there, Big kenny in !!

Beet me too it there mast, also steve clarke given a 3year deal too!

Liverpool 19 - United 19 next season ;)???

Where coming up, so all watch your backs !

Hi

Think I was excited to post it quick and let people know although I didnt know about Steve Clarke. I cant wait to see what happens in close season there is some good players being talked about so interesting to see who we end up with and also who we get rid of.

All in all cant wait for next season and this one aint even finished yet lol.

Wolfpack
13th May, 2011, 01:18 AM
If Kenny Dalglish doesn't want to manage Liverpool next year ( I highly doubt he would not want job next year ) then who would you want to manage Liverpool next year?

Wolfpack
13th May, 2011, 03:31 PM
The King is here to stay. Long live Liverpool FC under Kenny Dalglish.

mast
13th May, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hi

Kenny is here as he has got unfinished business, he wants to prove to himself and the doubters.

Most people know why Kenny left and most people understand this, other managers would have quit long before he actually did.

One thing I do know is if Kenny had stayed then Man U would not have dominated as they have done.

Not saying we`re gonna win anything next season as its going to be lot tougher with more teams capable.

At least with Kenny we`l be giving it a right go as its a much happier place for both players and fans under him.

Bulld0g
15th May, 2011, 10:26 AM
Last home game of the season today and if we beat Spurs then we're in the Europa League. It's not good enough for us but considering the season we've had and the fiasco with Tom and Jerry off the pitch, i think it will be a fantastic season.

It was only a couple of months ago the unthinkable reality of relegation was being spoken about, yet today we have a chance to bring European football back to Anfield yet again.
I've had my doubts about the Europa League, theres no comparison with the big one and i've thought that it may be more of a help than a hinderance by not playing in it, but it's going to be bad enough trying to lure players here with no Champions League football and the stupid money both City and Chelsea will be throwing around in the summer.

All in all i'm quite pleased with the direction the club is heading in. Kenny deserves his contract and the owners seem to have brought stability to the club ( though the juries still out on that one ) The futures looking bright with the kids from the academy. Kelly Flanagan and Robinson who have shown they can handle the Prem no problem, there are others waiting for their chance too, Coady, Sterling and Eccleston for starters.

Heres hoping we can sign a few more players in the same class as Kenny's recent signings. I'm looking forward to next season and i haven't said and felt like that for a while :)

mast
15th May, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi

You got it there spot on BD, Ive not felt like this for ages.

Has this been a good season.......... well considering where we were earlier in season and what people were saying we were relegation fodder then all things considered id say yeh. None of us expected a top 6 finish.

Spurs have had a gr8 season according to some yet we might finish above them.

Europa league dont think that will be a hindrence if only to give some european experience to some players especially the younger ones.

Cant wait for the close season to see who we sign and believe me we will attract players no doubt KK is a magnet.

spondulick
15th May, 2011, 06:06 PM
spurs been showing relegation form of late, go to home of the prem winners elect? in a game that means something.(a slight bit of pressure involved)however the are found wanting on this occasion.what does that tell you?

boomer39
15th May, 2011, 10:52 PM
spurs been showing relegation form of late, go to home of the prem winners elect? in a game that means something.(a slight bit of pressure involved)however the are found wanting on this occasion.what does that tell you?
your a buffoon.....

Bulld0g
15th May, 2011, 11:05 PM
It shows me you have an unhealthy obsession with our club, what does it show you ?

boomer39
15th May, 2011, 11:07 PM
It shows me you have an unhealthy obsession with our club, what does it show you ?
he is a buffoon....??

spondulick
15th May, 2011, 11:29 PM
dont spit your dummies out boys only asking a couple of simple questions. but if you are not prepared to supply me with the answer i will go back to the champs section.

Wolfpack
16th May, 2011, 02:18 AM
I don't want Liverpool playing in the Loser cup. It has become a worthless competition. It just adds more games Liverpool would have to play When the Goal is to try to win the league title and secure a champion league spot. I would rather see Liverpool win the FA cup then the loser cup. Even the Fa cup has lost some meaning since most top teams play second squad teams in it when they are playing in the champion league football. So to me even thou Liverpool lost today atleast it's a step away from not playing in the loser cup.

lfc4life
16th May, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks too UEFA for the Europa League spot :) YNWA

Bulld0g
16th May, 2011, 09:41 AM
If we get it, it will be thanks to Liverpool football club

lfc4life
16th May, 2011, 09:43 AM
why did we pay uefa for it ? lol

Bulld0g
16th May, 2011, 09:44 AM
No we will have qualified by finishing fifth

lfc4life
16th May, 2011, 09:45 AM
England gain extra Euro place | Fulham News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11681_6935351,00.html)

Bulld0g
16th May, 2011, 09:46 AM
That extra place is gained via the fair play league

lfc4life
16th May, 2011, 09:46 AM
we will need to win our last game and hope spurs lose then :)

Bulld0g
16th May, 2011, 09:48 AM
Spurs top it with Fulham and Blackpool second and third, so like i said if we qualify it will be down to us finishing fifth ;)

lfc4life
16th May, 2011, 09:50 AM
hmmmmmmmm......

Bulld0g
16th May, 2011, 09:52 AM
It would be funny though if we were awarded it :roflmao: that would piss a lot of people off lol

lfc4life
16th May, 2011, 11:45 AM
how ironic is it that liverpool could be denied a european place but blackpool or fulham could get one???

boomer39
16th May, 2011, 12:17 PM
how ironic is it that liverpool could be denied a european place but blackpool or fulham could get one???
even worse , b/ham could be relagated is spurs beat them... they are in it already...

opsmonkey
17th May, 2011, 06:59 PM
We have no automatic right to Europe.. Those who have qualified already have done so through merit.. Fair Play route means the EL qualifying rounds, that means competitive matches in late June.. No thanks

Bulld0g
17th May, 2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...-ticket-prices

Liverpool today announced ticket prices for the 2011-12 season.

MATCHDAY TICKETS

Matchday tickets for Category A games have increased by ?1 for the Kop and ?2 for other stands. Tickets for Category B games have increased by ?2, while for Category C matches Kop prices have risen by ?1 and all other stands by ?2. The most expensive ticket at Anfield will now be ?48 for a Category A game (for example: a Centenary Stand seat v Manchester United) whilst the cheapest adult ticket will be ?39 for a Category C ticket in the Kop (for example: a Kop seat v West Bromwich Albion).

Following feedback from supporters, the Club has reduced all children's ticket prices by up to ?8, with every junior Barclays Premier League ticket now priced at just ?15, regardless of the match category. This is in line with us wanting to encourage the next generation of supporters.

SEASON TICKETS

Season tickets have risen by an average of 4%, on top of which has been added the Governments 2.5% rise in VAT which was introduced in January 2011. The lowest price is now ?725 for a Kop season ticket bought online and the highest price ?802 for Centenary and Main Stand season tickets bought via ticket office window sales or telephone sales.

Managing Director, Ian Ayre, said: "We have taken a considered view on these prices, taking into account the state of the economy, our ability to compete in a competitive football market and our aspirations for the 2011-12 season. Liverpool Football Club is facing growing levels of inflation which increases the cost of goods and services to the Club, as much as any other business. The CPI rate of inflation is currently standing at 4.5% and taking this into account we aimed to align the rise in match day tickets closely to this level only.

"In the case of season tickets, we have also added the revised rate of VAT set by the government which came into force in January 2011 which is an increase of 2.5% since we last issued season tickets in 2010.

"We believe that this rise represents the fairest level of increase we could offer, whilst helping to ensure we maintain our significantly reduced debt position and our aspirations to improve our playing squad. We believe this will allow us to be competitive and maintain our ability to challenge our main competitors, many of whom have significantly higher capacities at this time."

In addition to this, Liverpool Football Club will, for the first time, also be offering supporters a range of finance options with which to purchase their Season Ticket. Further details will be provided in due course.

Wolfpack
18th May, 2011, 03:33 PM
like i said europa league is a waste of time. Kenny is going to build a team that will win the league title and CL. Liverpool don't need the strain of playing any more extra games that would stretch the club in means of man power. Do you want to risk player health playing teams from the backwoods of Romania and Bulgaria that have nothing to lose and feel they need to knock of the bigger clubs of Europe by any means possible. Europa league = Loser Cup. Leave it for the Fullams of Europe

boomer39
18th May, 2011, 04:56 PM
like i said europa league is a waste of time. Kenny is going to build a team that will win the league title and CL. Liverpool don't need the strain of playing any more extra games that would stretch the club in means of man power. Do you want to risk player health playing teams from the backwoods of Romania and Bulgaria that have nothing to lose and feel they need to knock of the bigger clubs of Europe by any means possible. Europa league = Loser Cup. Leave it for the Fullams of Europe
dont teams from bulgaria and roumania etc play in the cl then??

boomer39
18th May, 2011, 04:58 PM
losers cup??? would you like to be in dublin tonight playing man city??? i bloody would...

Wolfpack
18th May, 2011, 06:49 PM
losers cup??? would you like to be in dublin tonight playing man city??? i bloody would...

when you have low expectations then you want to be in Dublin. All kidding aside teams from those country's don't deserve to play in the CL since they have a snowballs chance of winning the CL. I thought we went thru how the CL is not really Champions playing in it and the Europa league is the Loser Cup. You want to know why it is? cause if Barca by some miracle wound up having to play in the Loser Cup do you think Messi would stick around. Execpt for Gerrard and Carra do you think some of the players on Liverpool would want to play in the Loser Cup some i would say but others i'm sure wouldn't. Pepe Rena didn't want to but is staying cause on Kenny Dauglish

Wolfpack
18th May, 2011, 06:53 PM
Oh by the way Man City fans would be happy if their team won a silver dixie cup for a trophy

boomer39
18th May, 2011, 09:32 PM
when you have low expectations then you want to be in Dublin. All kidding aside teams from those country's don't deserve to play in the CL since they have a snowballs chance of winning the CL. I thought we went thru how the CL is not really Champions playing in it and the Europa league is the Loser Cup. You want to know why it is? cause if Barca by some miracle wound up having to play in the Loser Cup do you think Messi would stick around. Execpt for Gerrard and Carra do you think some of the players on Liverpool would want to play in the Loser Cup some i would say but others i'm sure wouldn't. Pepe Rena didn't want to but is staying cause on Kenny Dauglish
did you class the 2001 season as a losing one then???? i certainly didnt....
also, basically you are saying that only teams from england, spain, italy, germany and maybe holland should be in the c/l? the rest can play tiddlewinks.... get my point. ?..
i'm not saying i want to play in the e/l but we HAVE to as aim as high as possible and at this moment we have a slim chance of being 5th... better than 6th???? yes.....

mrgasman
18th May, 2011, 11:00 PM
also, basically you are saying that only teams from england, spain, italy, germany and maybe holland should be in the c/l? the rest can play tiddlewinks.... get my point. ?..
i'm not saying i want to play in the e/l but we HAVE to as aim as high as possible and at this moment we have a slim chance of being 5th... better than 6th???? yes.....

Boomer is right on this IMO
Prior to the Spurs defeat who in here would have said no to Europa league football ?
My guess is none, you can not hide it away and say well it will help us next season !! It may well do that with regards to league position but realistically challenging for more honors is the way forward. Liverpool have a big task now to displace one of the top 4 and it wont happen overnight. It took Chelsea and City with unlimited budgets around 3 seasons.
Look at it this way should Liverpool sneak into 5th and then go on to the E/L final come next May how many are going to go and read a good book instead because it hampered the unrealistic title challenge ?

Miklo
19th May, 2011, 01:55 PM
Considering what could have happened if Roy Hodgson was still manager, possible 5th place and the EL to have the chance of winning a trophy is one big step forward.

Wolfpack
20th May, 2011, 02:49 AM
OK who in here was taunting Roony on Twitter?

Wolfpack
20th May, 2011, 02:57 AM

Of course 5th is better than 6th but in reality it makes no difference except a spot in the loser cup. Does any big team in Europe really look at an up coming season and say thank god we are in the Europa league or our main goal is to qualify for the Europa league (Loser Cup).All i'm saying is Liverpool don't need to play the Extra games the Loser cup will add to the season ahead. The Loser cup is worthless and you might as well melt the trophy and make tea cups.

Miklo
20th May, 2011, 08:47 AM
In an ideal world, Liverpool would have won the League again, in the Champions League final again, won the FA Cup, etc...... but it's not an ideal world ;)

Reality check:- You have to take each season as it comes - the highs, the lows, it's what makes football special :)

opsmonkey
22nd May, 2011, 11:49 AM
many a truth is buried behind a name

MANCHESTER UNITED

Walkinmyshadow
22nd May, 2011, 12:07 PM
many a truth is buried behind a name

MANCHESTER UNITED

And you came up with that all by yourself??....Very good.. now go play outside with the other kids..:D

grimmer
22nd May, 2011, 08:28 PM
I have to agree with the Europa League, and liverpool not being in it next year is most proberly better than being in it.

As said before, Daglish dont need the strain of thursday night football, they should of left it as the UEFA cup setup.

its gonna take a few seasons for liverpool to be fully strong again and liverpools main focus under daglish will be the league, where over the years most european managers with liverpool focus on the europeans cups and european sucess.

But the Mancs going on about 19 titles....well its took them 30 years to overtake but left with debt of over 700m and now a retiring squad and no transfers funds, im sure its not going to take liverpool 30 years, running at huge losses, and a huge debt to win 2 titles and retaining it.

mtv1
22nd May, 2011, 08:30 PM
maca you in here lol canno find ya auld git lol

setfiretorain
23rd May, 2011, 09:41 PM
Liverpool are on the way up massively, All the big boys really need to watch out!

Regards.

mrgasman
23rd May, 2011, 10:03 PM
Liverpool are on the way up massively, All the big boys really need to watch out!

Regards.

Nice post mate and just about as honest an assessment you will hear, realizing your not one of the big boys anymore.

Await delusional responses

boomer39
23rd May, 2011, 10:50 PM
Nice post mate and just about as honest an assessment you will hear, realizing your not one of the big boys anymore.

Await delusional responses
since when are we not one of the big boys??? are man city? 1st season for years in the top 4, were spurs a big club last season? 5th this!!! of the top of my head, i think this is probably only the 5th or 6th time we have not qualified for europe in 47 years... can any other "big" club match that???? let me know please....

mrgasman
23rd May, 2011, 11:00 PM
since when are we not one of the big boys??? are man city? 1st season for years in the top 4, were spurs a big club last season? 5th this!!! of the top of my head, i think this is probably only the 5th or 6th time we have not qualified for europe in 47 years... can any other "big" club match that???? let me know please....

Not my words !!

Bulld0g
25th May, 2011, 06:35 PM
Thirty fouur years ago today we took our first step to owning our own European cup. Also Six years ago today saw the greatest comeback since Lazarus. Come to think of it, it was a better comeback than Lazarus' and saw us becoming a rare owner of a European cup, with only Real Madrid and Milan having won more :) Heres to many more :D

chumgumboots
28th May, 2011, 01:19 PM
where will we finish next season ?

opsmonkey
28th May, 2011, 09:42 PM
Stick your 19 banner up your arse..

5 Times

boomer39
28th May, 2011, 09:51 PM
Stick your 19 banner up your arse..

5 Times
5 times??? do you mean we've won more than BARCA??? WELL I NEVER....mmmm sweet ...

john1509
28th May, 2011, 10:25 PM
flood warning on merseyside **** 1 million scousers are pissing themselves laughing

opsmonkey
29th May, 2011, 12:05 PM
Took my lad to the Barca hotel this morning on the hope that we may get a glimpse or maybe a picture..

Never thought I'd come away with this.. :D

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/242536_10150258768220837_674270836_9470055_3870413 _o.jpg

Shady
29th May, 2011, 12:08 PM
lionel messi is your son!!!!????!!!
lol only joking mate, that there is one VERY lucky lad :)

lfc4life
29th May, 2011, 02:38 PM
BBC - Jonathan Stevenson: Player Ratings: Barcelona 3-1 Manchester United (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jonathanstevenson/2011/05/player_ratings_barcelona_v_man.html)

The players ratings lol

lfc4life
29th May, 2011, 02:54 PM
YouTube - ‪Javier Mascherano dedicates champions league win to Liverpool fans‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LOR1s16rn4&feature=youtu.be)

see nevilles face ha ha ha ha

spondulick
29th May, 2011, 03:02 PM
Took my lad to the Barca hotel this morning on the hope that we may get a glimpse or maybe a picture..

Never thought I'd come away with this.. :D

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/242536_10150258768220837_674270836_9470055_3870413 _o.jpg~~~~in hell,marvelous what you can do with photographic software these days i bet the lad was thrilled to bits;)

opsmonkey
29th May, 2011, 06:52 PM
Few more as well now I've re-sized them for here..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/VV.jpg http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/Xavi.jpg

spondulick
29th May, 2011, 07:33 PM
it's us man u speccys who have red eyes at the moment,but if you are gonna go to so much trouble you could have removed them from your photograph.

opsmonkey
29th May, 2011, 08:11 PM
it's us man u speccys who have red eyes at the moment,but if you are gonna go to so much trouble you could have removed them from your photograph.

eh..??????

Bulld0g
29th May, 2011, 08:35 PM
Few more as well now I've re-sized them for here..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/VV.jpg http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/Xavi.jpg

Great stuff m8. They're all ones to be framed and displayed for all to see :)

john1509
29th May, 2011, 09:15 PM
great them bet your son was made up

opsmonkey
29th May, 2011, 09:48 PM
that he was mate.. its not too often being an exiled scouser in london pays off but today it did..!!

Wolfpack
29th May, 2011, 10:21 PM
Those pic's look good even thou to me they they look Photoshopped. It look like you were on your knees taking the pic's. Why are the players all looking down? The kid never changes expressions on his face through out the pic's but they still look cool.

john1509
29th May, 2011, 10:45 PM
that he was mate.. its not too often being an exiled scouser in london pays off but today it did..!!

did you get them to sign the shirt mate

opsmonkey
29th May, 2011, 11:05 PM
Those pic's look good even thou to me they they look Photoshopped. It look like you were on your knees taking the pic's. Why are the players all looking down? The kid never changes expressions on his face through out the pic's but they still look cool.

i assure you they aren't photoshopped.. I've got more things to be doing than that.. Yes i was on my knees.. as you generally do when you take pictures close up of someone who is 4ft tall..

as for the expression.. its his smile.. also explain the fact that Valdez and Xavi have their hands on him..

as you are doubting me here's the rest.. shite ones and all..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/vv2.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/Inesta.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/bus3.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/bus2.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/bus1.jpg

maca
29th May, 2011, 11:09 PM
Who the ~~~~ are you..captain kodak..

opsmonkey
29th May, 2011, 11:11 PM
did you get them to sign the shirt mate

no mate it was one or the other.. i opted for the photo.. got Pep Guardiola's autograph though

opsmonkey
29th May, 2011, 11:48 PM
I'm prety fcuking livid that anyone would think I've photoshopped my lad with Barca players, especially after we got up at 6:30am to go to the hotel in Chelsea..

We had a class morning, first getting into the under ground car park to take pictures in front of the bus, then to get him on the bus was great..

Then we went to the front of the hotel where we were waiting.. At 08:00 the manager felt sorry for my lad waiting outside so he invited us in to wait in the reception, where we did until about 10:15..

Some right coonts on here, mostly jealous I reckon ..

mtv1
30th May, 2011, 12:29 AM
I'm prety fcuking livid that anyone would think I've photoshopped my lad with Barca players, especially after we got up at 6:30am to go to the hotel in Chelsea..

We had a class morning, first getting into the under ground car park to take pictures in front of the bus, then to get him on the bus was great..

Then we went to the front of the hotel where we were waiting.. At 08:00 the manager felt sorry for my lad waiting outside so he invited us in to wait in the reception, where we did until about 10:15..

Some right coonts on here, mostly jealous I reckon ..

begrudgers m8 take no mind the kid looks well chuffed ,memories for life them well done m8 :)

satsmo
30th May, 2011, 12:37 AM
I preferred the photos you had a while back with you and him in area 51 shaking Elvis's hand ;)

Joking aside good day out for the both of you and something the young lad will never forget, next time you are going undercover as a midget photographer let me know :D

spondulick
30th May, 2011, 12:40 AM
i assure you they aren't photoshopped.. I've got more things to be doing than that.. Yes i was on my knees.. as you generally do when you take pictures close up of someone who is 4ft tall..

as for the expression.. its his smile.. also explain the fact that Valdez and Xavi have their hands on him..

as you are doubting me here's the rest.. shite ones and all..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/vv2.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/Inesta.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/bus3.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/bus2.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/bus1.jpgwhat a momento for your lad and you,bet both of you had a great time,especially your son.could very well in the future be showing them to his kids. i bet he can't wait to get back to school to tell his mates all about it.good on ya m8.

Wolfpack
30th May, 2011, 12:42 AM
I said the pic's look good. Here you would never get that close to players.