PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Bulld0g
28th June, 2009, 10:29 AM
Well i can't think of anyone m8, can you ?

lfc4life
28th June, 2009, 10:31 AM
stephen ireland ?

Bulld0g
28th June, 2009, 10:34 AM
Great player and i would love to see him in a red shirt m8 but don't think city will let him go. With better players around him he's going to be a better player this season.

lfc4life
28th June, 2009, 10:35 AM
yeah he sure is? and i see maca is lurking lol

cosunika
28th June, 2009, 01:27 PM
should go for downing

hideous.ape
28th June, 2009, 02:08 PM
should go for downing

Nah let's sign Gareth Southgate, fire Reina, stick Southgate in goals and then put a cardboard cutout of Dalglish in charge of the team. Rafa can fill in for Gerrard who we should throw into the Mersey:)

Seriously though I don't think we can afford to lose Alonso this season...Alonso controls the whole show. We looked awful at times last year without him. Most people only see the great 60yard diagonal passes he hits but its all the simple passes that keeps the opposition moving, creates space and does the damage.

Unless Iniesta or Xavi is coming in to replace him then forget it. Look at it this way Real Madrid can attract and afford any midfielder on earth, except Iniesta and Xavi, and they are after Alonso so that indicates how good he is.

lfc4life
28th June, 2009, 03:16 PM
Downing not worth the price! I would rather take carrick. lol

opsmonkey
2nd July, 2009, 09:06 PM
New Euro Kit to replace the awful green effort..

Same adidas template as the Munich & Chelsea kits but without the Bra

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/lpool1.png

maca
2nd July, 2009, 09:09 PM
New Euro Kit to replace the awful green effort..

Same adidas template as the Munich & Chelsea kits but without the Bra

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/lpool1.pngnot bad but not to fuusy on the green carlsberg logo though..

opsmonkey
3rd July, 2009, 08:14 PM
Judas tw@

http://picsrv.manutd.com/?fif=/manu/img_10_29602_307.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=500

lfc4life
4th July, 2009, 11:42 AM
FERNANDO TORRES: WHAT THEY SAY (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164940090704-0903.htm)

firestorm
4th July, 2009, 05:39 PM
cant wait till he comes to Annfield,should get a nice welcome

lfc4life
4th July, 2009, 05:48 PM
i would steal his car :D

opsmonkey
4th July, 2009, 06:10 PM
i would steal his car :D

i think you will find Liverpool is way outside the top 10 cities where you are most likely to get your car stolen.. It has been for years..

May i point you towards the Reclaim The Kop Charter.. A guide for OOT supporters who know nothing about our club, city or people.. Here is an editied version

# DO sing unique Liverpool songs

# DONT follow others with ‘Soccer AM’ style ‘easy, easy’ chanting

# DO applaud the opposition’s goalkeeper, its respectful and The Kop’s way

# DONT focus on the opposition with lame chants of ‘Youre not singing anymore’ - dont give a s**t about them?

# DO bring flags banners and scarves to the match

# DONT bring some generic St. George Cross crap that any club in England has

# DO honour, respect and remember the Hillsborough disaster and those who died on April 15th 1989

# DO NOT purchase the Sun newspaper

# DO support the city of Liverpool and it’s people

# DONT mock the city, the people or stereotypes of Liverpool

# DO sing Youll Never Walk Alone - loud and proud

Full version here.. RTK (http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5836/1rtkce0.jpg)

thered
4th July, 2009, 06:34 PM
Judas tw@

http://picsrv.manutd.com/?fif=/manu/img_10_29602_307.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=500

looks nice top scorer in prem this year me thinks:bootyshake:

lfc4life
5th July, 2009, 04:00 PM
rumours today saying that owen would have rejoined liverpool for 1ook paycut lol !

Staffy
7th July, 2009, 02:01 PM
Was he actually getting 100k at Newcastle :P

wongers
7th July, 2009, 07:20 PM
yes he was and actually played under 100 games for them in 4 years

gmb45
9th July, 2009, 04:07 AM
Steven Gerrard gave Liverpool's pre-season plans a boost last night by signing a new ?25million four-year contract.

The Anfield skipper agreed improved terms of around ?125,000 a week in April and finally put his name to the deal after returning from holiday and joining his team-mates at Liverpool's Melwood training ground.
Steven Gerrard

Gerrard recently announced that he intends retiring after seeing out his next Liverpool contract.

The England midfielder is the latest Liverpool star to commit to a long-term deal this summer.

Gerrard will be desperate to win the league title he and the club craves in his remaining years with the Anfield giants.

lfc4life
10th July, 2009, 11:34 AM
just seen micheal owen in a man yoo shirt on sky sports news! scum sum scum

opsmonkey
10th July, 2009, 09:34 PM
just seen micheal owen in a man yoo shirt on sky sports news! scum sum scum

if you looked here.... http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/liverpool-thread-1943/index51.html#post223693 you would have seen it 7 days ago lol

lfc4life
10th July, 2009, 10:59 PM
well obviuosly i had seen it but saw it for myself on tele lol

opsmonkey
11th July, 2009, 12:26 AM
Dossena is on his way out...!!

Official online shop has Johnson's squad number as 2 and Dossena isnt an option for you to choose on your new shirt :P

Official LFC Adult Home Shirt 08/10-Adult Home Kit- (http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/products/footballkit/homekit/homeadultkit/official-lfc-adult-home-shirt-0810/pid-26089)

Also... WTF..!!

Liverpool in shock bid for Ribery

Liverpool are set to make a shock move for Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery.

British bookmakers have today dramatically slashed the odds on Ribery moving to Anfield from 66/1 to 8/13.

This unusual transfer story has been backed up by similar betting cirumstances surrounding Michael Owen's shock move to Manchester United.

Reports from England have suggested that Reds manager Rafael Benitez will make a big-money offer to sign the highly sought-after French international.

Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona and Arsenal have all been linked with Ribery but so far Liverpool's name has never mentioned.

Bayern Munich have already stated Ribery is not for sale but the winger has already stated his desire to leave the German club.

This news will definitely raise doubts over the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano. In order to secure Ribery, Liverpool may have to sell first before making this huge transfer outlay.

The Reds want to keep the pair, but their tight budget means Benitez - who has already splashed more than ?17 million on Glen Johnson - will have to sell before making another big buy.

Speculation is that Liverpool could also put together a player-exchange deal involving Andreas Dossena, Andriy Voronin and Ryan Babel plus ?25million cash.

Source - ESPN (http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item291687/Liverpool-in-shock-bid-for-Ribery/)

lfc4life
11th July, 2009, 10:05 AM
i know ! there was a story about this on sky sports news yesterday from guy who was part of sky bet saying the odds were slashed from 66-1 to 33-1 then 8-13

Maybe we wont get him! we dcould afford his wages probably but his transfer.

lfc4life
11th July, 2009, 10:11 AM
BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Alonso remains a target for Real (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8145152.stm)

What do people think ? Think real will give us the 50 million? :P

opsmonkey
11th July, 2009, 12:41 PM
yeah i do.. they have more money than sense.. id ask for ?60 as we know they have it..!!

Good midfielder..

wongers
13th July, 2009, 06:50 PM
its been reported in the l.pool echo alonso has said he wants to go to madrid he wants it sorted before sunday when he is supposed to report back for pre season as he doesnt want to come back to liverpool and wants to stay in spain l.f.c. want ?35 mil. for him but r.madrid want to pay ?27mil so it looks like its adios alonso just the fee to sort out

opsmonkey
13th July, 2009, 06:55 PM
well if he wants to go no point in forcing him to stay he'll just play shite.. if he pushes madrid and they want him they'll stump up the asking price

wongers
13th July, 2009, 07:01 PM
my sentiments exactly mate lets just get the best price we can if micheal flatley (ronaldo )is worth ?80 mil alonso is worth ?35 mil its just frustrating that we are close to putting a proper challenge for the prem in and players ask to leave hopefully rafa can use the money wisely

BigBalloon
15th July, 2009, 08:28 PM
i work with a couple of spanish lads and they have read from
mundo deportivo (barcelona paper) that the deal is almost done for Alonso and that we r goin for Silva and Martinez ,but when they checked the madrid paper "marca" they had us linked with Alberto Aquilani for 15 mill euro!

opsmonkey
15th July, 2009, 09:03 PM
good game to start off the new season.. GJ looked good as did Yossi.. enjoy it on LFC.TV for those who didnt watch it on JSC+4

lfc4life
19th July, 2009, 05:52 PM
LUCAS: RAFA HAS FOUND MISSING LINK (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165096090719-0900.htm) he belives that gj is the missing link to helping lfc getting the title

opsmonkey
19th July, 2009, 08:05 PM
Lucas is the missing link between man and ape the useless twat

boomer39
20th July, 2009, 10:16 AM
watched it on lfctv, same last night. but whats jsc+4? ynwa

opsmonkey
21st July, 2009, 12:54 AM
JSC is the Al Jazeera Sports channels, namely channels 1-8..

They are showing all the Liverpool pre-season games LIVE..

You need a satellite dish pointed at Hotbird 13E to receive them, then either a Al Jazeera card or a bit of knowhow to watch the encrypted pictures..

You do know that with a different satellite setup (ie not a sky setup) you can watch every Liverpool game LIVE.. Saturday 3pm kick offs included

lfc4life
23rd July, 2009, 12:40 PM
Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Real retain Xabi hope (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5449482,00.html)

lfc4life
24th July, 2009, 10:51 AM
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | L | Liverpool | Fans revise Liverpool buy-out bid (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8166334.stm)

lfc4life
24th July, 2009, 10:55 AM
according to the papers and the talking on sky sports news liverpool are shok contenders for peter crouch :D

alker ranger
24th July, 2009, 03:47 PM
must be desperate, cant be because he's a world class striker, otherwise why sell him in the first place

opsmonkey
24th July, 2009, 06:34 PM
must be desperate, cant be because he's a world class striker, otherwise why sell him in the first place

he wanted to leave to have regular first team football, he wasnt happy being a squad player.. maybe he feels he's done enough to ensure a start each week next to torres..

good squad player and we do need a 2nd out and out forward seen how Kuyt plays down the channel

Bulld0g
24th July, 2009, 06:39 PM
I heard this on the grapevine a couple of weeks back. IMHO it was a mistake to offload the big fella in the first place and i would welcome him back tomorrow. He's a proven goalscorer in the prem, who had no choice but to move away to play first team football . If the rumours are true then You can be sure if Rafa buys him back he will be a first choice striker this time around.

tommc
25th July, 2009, 05:43 PM
would be good to see crouch back, knows the systems rafa plays...

boomer39
27th July, 2009, 10:15 AM
JSC is the Al Jazeera Sports channels, namely channels 1-8..

They are showing all the Liverpool pre-season games LIVE..

You need a satellite dish pointed at Hotbird 13E to receive them, then either a Al Jazeera card or a bit of knowhow to watch the encrypted pictures..

You do know that with a different satellite setup (ie not a sky setup) you can watch every Liverpool game LIVE.. Saturday 3pm kick offs included
cheers ops, haven't had satellite for years, used to dabble with it fun but use cable now. watch non-tv games on pc . loads of sites show al jazeera as well. not missed lfc tv game for 2 seasons. cheers mate, ynwa.

thered
27th July, 2009, 04:30 PM
are you lot serious peter crouch lol

shows one thing anyway you are not a footballing team if you want crouch more of a hit it to the big man upfront ala wimbledon

and before you all start saying what a good player he is you are way off the mark, yes for a big man his touch is not bad and he is not a bad player

but ffs he is not good and no where near world class, managers buy and play people like peter crouch for one reason and one only, no matter how much they dress him up he will always be a big beanpole target man and an average one at that

Bulld0g
27th July, 2009, 04:39 PM
are you lot serious peter crouch lol

shows one thing anyway you are not a footballing team if you want crouch more of a hit it to the big man upfront ala wimbledon

and before you all start saying what a good player he is you are way off the mark, yes for a big man his touch is not bad and he is not a bad player

but ffs he is not good and no where near world class, managers buy and play people like peter crouch for one reason and one only, no matter how much they dress him up he will always be a big beanpole target man and an average one at that

How do work that one out ? Crouch was not used as a target man for Liverpool. Crouch is an excellent player regardless of his height. In 2007 he was Liverpool's top goalscorer.
As i have said before i think it was a mistake to offload him in the first place.I know who i would choose between him and Owen, and it wouldn't be the greedy little welshman

thered
27th July, 2009, 04:50 PM
How do work that one out ? Crouch was not used as a target man for Liverpool. Crouch is an excellent player regardless of his height. In 2007 he was Liverpool's top goalscorer.
As i have said before i think it was a mistake to offload him in the first place.I know who i would choose between him and Owen, and it wouldn't be the greedy little welshman

is he welsh now lol

where did crouch play then btw from what i remember seeing of your pitiful team in 2007 he was up front running around like a headless chicken trying to get on the end of big punts by carragher and gerrard.

he is not a bad player granted but excellent no way lol but then again in your free flowing football team i suppose he may look excellent as oppose to the reality of big gangly beanpole

btw i just thought id add i am sure you would rather pay ?13 million for crouch instead of ?0 million for owen who is on less wages too

Bulld0g
27th July, 2009, 04:56 PM
is he welsh now lol

where did crouch play then btw from what i remember seeing of your pitiful team in 2007 he was up front running around like a headless chicken trying to get on the end of big punts by carragher and gerrard.

he is not a bad player granted but excellent no way lol but then again in your free flowing football team i suppose he may look excellent as oppose to the reality of big gangly beanpole

Free flowing is right. Remember the way we took you apart in your own back garden last season lol. Don't wanna piss on your bonfire m8 but we scored more goals than anyone and ony the chavs and yourselves had a better defensive record, conceding only 3 fewer. Funny how the mind plays tricks isn't it lol

Bulld0g
27th July, 2009, 05:03 PM
btw i just thought id add i am sure you would rather pay ?13 million for crouch instead of ?0 million for owen who is on less wages too
I personaly wouldn't have the little ~~~~er anywhere near Anfield. The man is a mercenary. He doesn't care who pays his wages as long as he gets them.He's got no principles at all .BTW yes he is Welsh he grew up in Hawarden ;)

lfc4life
27th July, 2009, 05:04 PM
BBC NEWS | Business | Liverpool agrees bank debt deal (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8170699.stm)

thered
27th July, 2009, 05:23 PM
Free flowing is right. Remember the way we took you apart in your own back garden last season lol. Don't wanna piss on your bonfire m8 but we scored more goals than anyone and ony the chavs and yourselves had a better defensive record, conceding only 3 fewer. Funny how the mind plays tricks isn't it lol

yep m8 you are correct you did beat us last season twice in fact at no time though do i remember being ripped apart i can remember a 1-4 scoreline but ripped apart it was not in fact from what i remember we had more possession and more shots FACT

thing is though this kind of shoots your arguement in the foot as your 2 league wins were both without the big beanpole and you do look a better team without him.

so why do yo want him back? he couldnt score against utd and the only person barring last season to score against us in the benitez/crouch era was john oshea and yor league wins were a big fat zero

so yes by all means bring back crouch

Bulld0g
27th July, 2009, 05:28 PM
Owwww!! I still feel your pain m8 :roflmao:

opsmonkey
28th July, 2009, 05:50 PM
lol..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/nandobruno.png

thered
28th July, 2009, 06:49 PM
lol..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/nandobruno.png

spooky lol

lfc4life
29th July, 2009, 08:19 PM
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | L | Liverpool | Arbeloa on brink of Real switch (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8174135.stm)

opsmonkey
2nd August, 2009, 10:02 PM
ha ha ha.. suprise suprise.. we got beat by a team who's president personally invited us to be the team to open their new stadium whilst wearing their one off never to be worn again commemorative kit.. lol

friendly football is more about politics than football..

thought we looked good in stages..
roll on saturday.. :D

lfc4life
9th August, 2009, 12:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8191644.stm <<<< are we getting desperate

opsmonkey
10th August, 2009, 02:59 PM
no of course we are not.. name a defender at a reasonable price that their club will listen to offers for... You cant because there is none..

we wont sign players like torres every week because there arent that many available..

if you knew anything about him you would know that Turner is a good defender who plays in a poor team..

we arent Real Madrid with ?200m to spend..

lfc4life
10th August, 2009, 03:53 PM
no we are liverpool fc with two useless ****s who cant give us ~~~~ all

boomer39
10th August, 2009, 04:53 PM
know what you mean about the sherman tanks, but why did roman the red buy chelsea? why did the glass fitters buy the dung, ?? etc.. for love of these clubs? dont think so. you can buy success but only if you know who and when to buy. rafas done great in 5 yrs, but he spent a lot of money on some c--p, keane, to single one out ... but torres is an example of his ability. you dont need money all the time. would we have spent 80 million to bring the portugese winker to anfield..? n way...

alunfennell
10th August, 2009, 05:13 PM
Rafael Benitez believes Lucas Leiva can help fill the gap left by Xabi Alonso's departure - and the Brazilian youngster agrees.

The Liverpool boss believes Lucas has been the club's most impressive player during pre-season, and the 22 year-old underlined that with a goal and an eye-catching display in Saturday's 2-1 home friendly defeat to Atletico Madrid.

Kop fans are still disappointed that Alonso has left, even if Liverpool have got ?30million from Real Madrid for the Spain international.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00997/livget_997567c.jpg

And Benitez is aware the more adventurous Alberto Aquilani, bought from Roma for ?20m last Friday, is not yet ready to replace Alonso in midfield, paving the way for Lucas to make his mark.

He said: 'Lucas has been best the player in pre-season. He showed why again against Atletico. He is really focused, working hard and is showing quality.

'He knows Aquilani will need time. When we decided to bring in Aquilani we knew he would be out for one month or so, so we analysed the squad and we think that with Javier Mascherano, Lucas, Steven Gerrard and Damien Plessis we have enough (strength in depth).'

For Lucas, this is a great chance to win over the Anfield fans, who dished out plenty of criticism last season.

Lucas said: 'I am always ready and now Xabi is gone I hope there will be more opportunities for me. I am just working hard in training to try to earn a position in the team.

'I have played a lot of minutes in pre-season and that has given me more confidence. I am feeling better and hopefully it will be a good season for me.'

Benitez always supported Lucas last season when he was suffering at the hands of frustrated fans, who showed their displeasure as Liverpool threw away plenty of home points.

Lucas took the brunt of that criticism, but despite suggestions he is interested in returning home to play for Corinthians, his performances have improved and he could become a key component in Benitez's midfield.

Lucas added: 'I want to play every week but I know Liverpool have a strong squad. I just have to wait and respect whatever decisions 'Rafa' makes.

He added: 'Everyone was really sad to see Xabi go because he had been here a long time.

'Last season he was one of the club's best players but he has a plan for himself and his career. We have to respect that. We will continue to support him because he is a friend of ours. I hope he does well at Real and I am sure he hopes we continue to do well here.

'We will miss him of course but I think we can cope without him. We did not play all the games last season with Xabi, and still finished runners-up.

'He is a really good player but we also have a lot of other quality players here.'

manxspud
10th August, 2009, 05:28 PM
@Ops is right about Turner, if he played for a bigger club he would be in the England team already... and rightly so.

I really hope we hang on to him.

Whilst i have a lot of respect for you @ops... I think calling us a poor team is a bit strong... This was our first season at the top level... Hopefully this season we can do a bit more... We need new blood thats for sure, But don't forget 4 of our players have come up with the team through all divisions, Ash is the only man to have captained the same team through all divisions... we gave a few shocks last season... and hopefully can do better this one.
I look forward to the banter... ( good natured of course )
Best of luck to you all.

opsmonkey
11th August, 2009, 02:33 AM
it was just a turn of phrase mate, but you only escaped the drop by one point so i do stand by it.. when a teams plays 38 games and only wins 8 i think its ok to call them poor..

In the same way if you want to win the league you cant afford 11 draws..

if i had called you 'shite' then that would have been unfair as you are quite clearly not ;)

You have done well to stay in the Premier League, after all it was only 9 years ago you were in the bottom league in England..

PS.. give us your defender :D

.: JaCkPoT :.
11th August, 2009, 04:26 AM
Hull won 8 games. They were probably the first 8 they played. I dunno what happened to Them from october to the end. They started off Well.

alunfennell
11th August, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hull only got hit coming up to Christmas when they started faceing the Big teams they never got they composure back, they got the wind knocked out of them, once they started falling down through the league they could not stop, at the end od the day they were very Lucky to stay up on the final day of the season.

My pick for Relegation this season

Stoke City
Hull City
Burnley

Wolves will survive Hull to disappear .....

Regards:
Alun

opsmonkey
11th August, 2009, 10:07 PM
if you take out Burnley and replace it with Birmingham City i'll agree with you mate lol

manxspud
11th August, 2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry fellows... Was a nice day, so we packed up and went to the coast for the day.

Lets see...

1. we only won 3 games at home... Fulham / west Ham & Boro.

2. We played well away against the "big" teams won against Arsnel, drew with liverpool and Chelsea, Lost 4 / 3 to Man U. Sorry @alunfennenll but have to disagree with you there.

Our slide downwards was simple... lack of quality up front... Cousin good player when he can be bothersd... Folan... not good enough for the top level... fagan... Is top class, full of energy and will chase everything, Geovanni... when on form score from all over the place, After christmas we lost King very troubled young man... which was a shame because he worked well up front for us. After his loan was cancelled we had nobody to replace him... in effect we had little in the way of a threat from open play... so in effect that resulted in us wasting a lot of chances in front of goal. Also we had too few goals from midfield.

As we stand now... Ok a few new players have come in... I still don't see that threat up front, but you never know there is still a little time for fresh blood... fingers crossed.

Enough about us though... I'm having trouble with seeing how you worked out who is going down!!!! Yes Stoke were in the bottom 3 for a long time... but they sorted themselves out and finished well... i see them having a good mid table finish again.

Right sorry, but got to go... heads banging from too many rollacoster rides ect... My kids know i don't do hights well... so they dragged me on every bl**dy big fast, spinning ride they could find.
Am really looking forward to this season... more home wins would be nice... however, we will be first in and last out singing all the wat through regardless.

PS. Got to agree with you about Wolves... They looked good all last season... should be able to do the biss this one.
Night All.... ZZZZZZZZZZZ

opsmonkey
14th August, 2009, 12:52 AM
just spoke to my mate who knows a LFC physio very very well.. Aquilani needs "tonns of post operation physio done" but he's in good shape otherwise

Bulld0g
14th August, 2009, 11:03 AM
just spoke to my mate who knows a LFC physio very very well.. Aquilani needs "tonns of post operation physio done" but he's in good shape otherwise

Isn't that like saying his right legs fell off but apart from that he's ok. ;)

Walkinmyshadow
14th August, 2009, 02:19 PM

His hair, nails and skin are in tip-top condition:laugh::laugh:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/walkinmyshadow/albums/my-pics/1096-challenge.jpg

alunfennell
14th August, 2009, 05:13 PM
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has signed a new contract, agreed last season, which will put him on ?110,000 a week.

Liverpool loudly trumpeted that agreement in May, and the new deal includes a one-year extension option that could keep Torres at Anfield until 2014.

The 25-year-old Spaniard, who is expected to recover from an ankle injury to play at Spurs on Sunday, has seen his wages rise from ?70,000 a week to ?110,000 under the new agreement.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_01/Torres2DM0209_468x313.jpg

Under the terms of his original deal, Torres had the option of having his wages reviewed this summer and Liverpool have been quick to make sure there is no hint of a problem, aware that Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea have shown interest in the player.

Manager Rafael Benitez said: 'Fernando is one of the best strikers in the game and, at his age, can only get better.

'Every major side would want him in their team, but he has shown how much he wants to achieve success at Liverpool by committing his future to the club. He's a special talent, but still has the hunger to improve his game.'

Torres was already tied to Anfield for the next four seasons, having signed a six-year deal in 2007.

He goes into the new season expecting rather than hoping Liverpool will win the title.

He said: 'We have no problem beating Manchester United or Chelsea but it is games like Sunday's at Tottenham where we need to show our real title intentions.

'Tottenham is not an easy place to go but these are games we must be winning if this is to finally be our year.

'I am not thinking can we win the title, I am thinking we have to win the title. We came so close last season but for many of the players it was their first time experiencing the pressure of a Premier League title race.'

Walkinmyshadow
14th August, 2009, 08:10 PM
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has signed a new contract, agreed last season, which will put him on ?110,000 a week.

Liverpool loudly trumpeted that agreement in May, and the new deal includes a one-year extension option that could keep Torres at Anfield until 2014.

The 25-year-old Spaniard, who is expected to recover from an ankle injury to play at Spurs on Sunday, has seen his wages rise from ?70,000 a week to ?110,000 under the new agreement.

Under the terms of his original deal, Torres had the option of having his wages reviewed this summer and Liverpool have been quick to make sure there is no hint of a problem, aware that Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea have shown interest in the player.

Manager Rafael Benitez said: 'Fernando is one of the best strikers in the game and, at his age, can only get better.

'Every major side would want him in their team, but he has shown how much he wants to achieve success at Liverpool by committing his future to the club. He's a special talent, but still has the hunger to improve his game.'

Torres was already tied to Anfield for the next four seasons, having signed a six-year deal in 2007.

He goes into the new season expecting rather than hoping Liverpool will win the title.

He said: 'We have no problem beating Manchester United or Chelsea but it is games like Sunday's at Tottenham where we need to show our real title intentions.

'Tottenham is not an easy place to go but these are games we must be winning if this is to finally be our year.

'I am not thinking can we win the title, I am thinking we have to win the title. We came so close last season but for many of the players it was their first time experiencing the pressure of a Premier League title race.'

It pains me to say it but in the present climate he's worth it.
His turn of pace is fantastic and for a lithe(ish) player his strength on the ball is incredible.. (just ask Nemanja)
And yes i'd have loved to see him at Old trafford in a Utd jersey.. but that aint gonna happen now!!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/walkinmyshadow/albums/my-pics/1096-challenge.jpg

opsmonkey
15th August, 2009, 01:44 AM
i'd have loved to see him at Old trafford in a Utd jersey.. but that aint gonna happen now!!

lol.. you could hang around until he's shit then sign him on a free like you did with Owen lol

Walkinmyshadow
15th August, 2009, 01:53 AM
lol.. you could hang around until he's shit then sign him on a free like you did with Owen lol

Jury is still out on owen m8, only time will tell

opsmonkey
15th August, 2009, 02:00 AM
maybe we can compare the ratio of Torres goals to Owen's splinters in his arse off your bench at the end of the season lol

it'll only take a few iffy games for the Utd faithful to turn..

alunfennell
15th August, 2009, 02:47 AM
My God Owen in his day was not a bad player , even for Newcastle when he actualy played was not bad at all ! but United are only going to run him out for 45min or so maybe less if on the bench from the start of any match, I still see Berbatov likely to start most EPL matchs with Owen been used more for European nights ....

Owen Scored 8 last year & in my view 8 is the very most we can look forward to from Owen, the rest coming from Rooney and Berbatov between the two of them the scored 21 with the exception Teves scoring 5 ......

Owens move to Man United will turn out like Robbie Keane's move to Liverpool last season ...........A disaster........

Alex Ferguson or more likely his son has struggled to really replace Ronaldo with a good young talented striker midfielder or forward Qwen is no replacement for Ronaldo who scored 18 EPL goals last season

United can not win the Premiership statistically they are 10 goals short if you average what was scored including Ronaldo last season when there was only four points between Liverpool and United on the final day .....

Liverpool its all your this year lol

Regards:
Alun

Walkinmyshadow
15th August, 2009, 12:49 PM
maybe we can compare the ratio of Torres goals to Owen's splinters in his arse off your bench at the end of the season lol

it'll only take a few iffy games for the Utd faithful to turn..

Oh well serves me right for showing my admiration for a liverpool player on a liverpool related thread..
I should have guessed that i wsnt going to get a civil response :rolleyes:

opsmonkey
15th August, 2009, 05:21 PM
Oh well serves me right for showing my admiration for a liverpool player on a liverpool related thread..
I should have guessed that i wsnt going to get a civil response :rolleyes:

i know it must come as a shock..

Who'd of thought of it.. A manc not welcome in a Liverpool thread ;)

mongsface
15th August, 2009, 05:52 PM
c'mon you redmen, big game 2moro. Number 19 here we come.

Walkinmyshadow
15th August, 2009, 05:55 PM
i know it must come as a shock..

Who'd of thought of it.. A manc not welcome in a Liverpool thread ;)

Nothing shocks me where liverpool supporters are concerned. :hahaha::hahaha:
But the majority of pool fans i know love LFC more than they hate MUFC..

But not on DK it seems:(

opsmonkey
15th August, 2009, 06:26 PM
We do.. shows you how much we love our club if we hate you lot that much...

If you were from Manchester you'd probably understand..

but then you'd be a City fan if you were from Manchester lol

Walkinmyshadow
16th August, 2009, 05:59 PM
We do.. shows you how much we love our club if we hate you lot that much...

If you were from Manchester you'd probably understand..

but then you'd be a City fan if you were from Manchester lol

Still playing the same old broken record ops??
Parties in your house must be a bundle of laughs...:roflmao:

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 06:04 PM
absolute dog shit.. we'll win **** all this season with shite tactics like that.. What the **** is Benitez on, playing negative football.. he said the reigns were off and we were all about attacking..

playing catch up from day one..

go post in your own thread you bellend stop looking for a rise

andy4
16th August, 2009, 06:07 PM
can any of you liverpool fans tell me what benitez see's in babel & lucas apart from being shite

Bulld0g
16th August, 2009, 06:07 PM
can any of you liverpool fans tell me what benitez see's in babel & lucas apart from being shite

Errrrr no !

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 06:08 PM
babel is a joke.. so is benitez for starting him over Yossi..

lucas is also garbage, fancies himself as Alonso's replacement

lfc4life
16th August, 2009, 06:10 PM
Well ops..... We were rubbish first half! Much better second half but we too slow out of the blocks and if it wasn't for reina we would have been 2 behind at least by half time

Bulld0g
16th August, 2009, 06:11 PM
babel is a joke.. so is benitez for starting him over Yossi..

lucas is also garbage, fancies himself as Alonso's replacement

Yea i keep hearing how Lucs was star of the pre season. !!!
I watched em all and have to say if anyone stood out it was Kuyt. and i'm not a big fan of his. Lucas is just plain she ite

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 06:15 PM
we were slow out of the blocks sammy because of benitez's negative tactics.. 1 shot in 45 mins, long punts from the back forward a la Arsenal from the 80's..

Carragher is a liabilty, this is his last season.. should never have let Sammi go..

What sort of manager decides the best way to open the season is to defend for 45 mins.. i'll tell you.. the same manager that cost us the title last season with the same negative shite in Decemeber / January..

He's learnt nothing.. WTF is Bon Jovi back for..? He couldnt hit a cows arse with a barge pole let alone score a goal

lfc4life
16th August, 2009, 06:20 PM
we were slow out of the blocks sammy because of benitez's negative tactics.. 1 shot in 45 mins, long punts from the back forward a la Arsenal from the 80's..

Carragher is a liabilty, this is his last season.. should never have let Sammi go..

What sort of manager decides the best way to open the season is to defend for 45 mins.. i'll tell you.. the same manager that cost us the title last season with the same negative shite in Decemeber / January..

He's learnt nothing.. WTF is Bon Jovi back for..? He couldnt hit a cows arse with a barge pole let alone score a goal

Yeah ..... You tell me but they the sheep (fans who wont slag him) will stick by him thru the season! And i bet 2o pound with anyone he wont bring lfc the crown!!:proud:

Bulld0g
16th August, 2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah ..... You tell me but they the sheep (fans who wont slag him) will stick by him thru the season! And i bet 2o pound with anyone he wont bring lfc the crown!!:proud:

You are never ever gonna get all fans slaggin off any manager, no matter what.
I've stated in here in the past my views on Benitez. To slag him off and call for his head the first game is OTT. Again the question is asked,, if he goes, who would you have in his place ?

lfc4life
16th August, 2009, 06:30 PM
Someone who knew what he was doing! Answers on a postcard lol or on gilliet and hicks front door

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 06:39 PM
im not calling for his head, but sure to god he hasnt forgotten what this type of shite tactics did for us last Dec / Jan..

When he lets the team go for it we are second to none.. when he chooses to stifle the play we are dreadful

Bulld0g
16th August, 2009, 06:40 PM
When he lets the team go for it we are second to none.. when he chooses to stifle the play we are dreadful

Totally agree m8. and thats where the frustration comes in.

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 06:43 PM
hopefully thats the best thing that could have happened as he wont think its a good idea again.. but you would have thought that would be the case last Dec but it was still the same in Jan

digicon
16th August, 2009, 07:13 PM
No sweat, a win would have been nice but lets not forget it's the 1st game of the season. I agree about Bon Jovi he should have stayed on the bench and maybe yossi should have been on sooner, At the end of the day spurs had the better of us in the first half and again we played catchup in the second.

We certainly are missing Xabi and Gerrard cant be in 2 places at once to fill that role.

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 07:18 PM
lets not forget that if you realistically want to win the league you cant loose more than 3 games a season.. so i hardly think loosing the first is not a problem..

negative tactics cost us, any team will have the better of us if we sit deep and let them attack us with nothing in reply

alker ranger
16th August, 2009, 07:32 PM
You are never ever gonna get all fans slaggin off any manager, no matter what.
I've stated in here in the past my views on Benitez. To slag him off and call for his head the first game is OTT. Again the question is asked,, if he goes, who would you have in his place ?

one game in and ur calling for his head :giveup:

Bulld0g
16th August, 2009, 07:37 PM
one game in and ur calling for his head :giveup:

Do you have trouble comprehending English m8 ? Read my post again but a bit slower so you actually digest what i wrote

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 07:37 PM
why do all the mancs hang around in here..?? is their thread broke..?

oh no ive just seen its had its first post in more than a month..

alker ranger
16th August, 2009, 07:48 PM
If he goes who would you get in his place says it all m8

Bulld0g
16th August, 2009, 07:53 PM
If he goes who would you get in his place says it all m8

Start off with the word IF, It's hyperthetical and is not a positive word is it.
Your just a mischevious little monkey aren't you lol

alker ranger
16th August, 2009, 07:58 PM
Start off with the word IF, It's hyperthetical and is not a positive word is it.
Your just a mischevious little monkey aren't you lol

:proud:YIP

opsmonkey
16th August, 2009, 08:32 PM
excellent.. Benitez has choosen to slate the referee for not giving us a second penalty instead of looking at why we didnt have a shot on target in the first half..

Bulld0g
16th August, 2009, 08:33 PM
Was a stonewall pen though when all said and done. and regardless of shots in the first half it could have been an equalizer.

lfc4life
17th August, 2009, 07:50 AM
equalizer or not we were poor and we paid for it! we shouldn't be drawing with spurs team we should be beating them! There deserved too win cause at least there played like there wanted too win ;)

Hob
17th August, 2009, 08:37 AM
You were outplayed by an improved Spurs side. It was a pen but lets see if Benites mouths off when it goes his way, I think not. How long does this idiot need to get his tactics right.

dctyper
17th August, 2009, 10:28 AM
spurs played well, probably the only game lfc will lose this season tbh

i think if he puts gerrard in alonso place and babel in gerrards place, thats the winning formula.

i agree with the lucas thing, not good enough, but babel is a talant, he plays at his best down the middle, watch him in internationals and you can blatently see it. i like him.

opsmonkey
18th August, 2009, 09:31 AM
the winning formula for babel is to send his sorry ass back to Holland as quickly as possible..

hideous.ape
18th August, 2009, 12:29 PM
We LFC fans may have to deal with the reality that maybe our squad played to its absolute maximum in the league last season. Just look at the gulf in ability on both benches the other day:

Spurs bench: Cudicini, Hutton, Bentley, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch, Naughton, O'Hara.

Liverpool bench: Cavalieri, Voronin, Benayoun, Spearing, Kelly, Dossena, Ayala.
Three unproven youngsters, a keeper that has never played and two donkeys.

We needed to buy four or five top class players this summer. Rightback, Midfielder, Winger and a Forward plus something different off the bench. Last season we had a run of 0-0's that cost us the league. This year we may be too far off long before Aquilani gets off his wheelchair.

opsmonkey
19th August, 2009, 01:05 AM
excellent we've signed former Rangers defender Sotiris Kyrgiakos from AEK. :banghead:

gazz10
19th August, 2009, 01:07 AM
excellent we've signed former Rangers defender Sotiris Kyrgiakos from AEK. :banghead:

who

was not sure if that was a boast or a bit of tongue in cheek comment

alunfennell
19th August, 2009, 01:29 AM
Her is his personal Website lol ??????? ????????? (http://www.kyrgiakos.gr/)

Regards:
Alun

lfc4life
19th August, 2009, 07:54 AM
You were outplayed by an improved Spurs side. It was a pen but lets see if Benites mouths off when it goes his way, I think not. How long does this idiot need to get his tactics right.

so who is it you support then???

lfc4life
19th August, 2009, 08:18 AM
Sky Sports | Football | News | Kyrgiakos claims Reds offer (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5499314,00.html) <<<< sky sports confirm

lfc4life
19th August, 2009, 08:29 AM
Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Torres told to 'stop arguing' (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5499550,00.html) <<< tells torres to focus lol

.: JaCkPoT :.
19th August, 2009, 06:40 PM
How long is this thread going to get lol

dotsz
19th August, 2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.watchfreedesichannels.com/county2.php

opsmonkey
19th August, 2009, 10:13 PM
good game tonight, thankfully.. why oh why did he pull the reigns in on sunday..?

Johnson had a blinder and scored a cracker

firestorm
19th August, 2009, 11:29 PM
johnson was class tonight even lucas looked good

dctyper
20th August, 2009, 09:39 AM
i agree, i like that insua also. good young lads wanting to go forward. just what we need

lfc4life
20th August, 2009, 11:32 AM
liverpool agree fee >>>> BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | L | Liverpool | Liverpool agree fee for Kyrgiakos (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8211133.stm)

caveman_nige
20th August, 2009, 12:59 PM
Just put a vid in the movies section for you Liverpool lads... enjoy..

DVDRip Steven Gerrard - My Story (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f88/steven-gerrard-my-story-51433-new/)

opsmonkey
20th August, 2009, 09:17 PM
also this too..

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f88/liverpool-fcs-greatest-ever-goals-51536/

and

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f88/steven-gerrard-centurion-51541/

and

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f88/liverpool-fc-season-review-2008-09-a-51544/

opsmonkey
24th August, 2009, 11:32 PM
please tell me the last time a zone scored a goal..??
why do we mark them then..??

why does he stick with Lucas week in week out..??

why do we have no plan B..??

why is he still playing Voronin..?

what does Babel offer..??

i'm getting to the end of my tether with him now..

5 years = 2 trophies

Houiller had a better return than that..

Jos? Mourinho wins leagues.. FACT..

If we dont win the League this year its time to go (If we arent in touching distance at Christmas its time to go then), hopefully a clean sweep of the board and management will clear out some dead wood

To win the league you cant loose more than 4 games a year.. we couldnt win it last year only loosing 2..

This will be some special run of form now if we are to mount a serious challenge.. it'll take more than Lucas and 1 up front to win it

Rafa's 93 signings since 2004..

Glen Johnson
Alberto Aquilani
Sotirios Kyrgiakos
Fernando Torres
Robbie Keane
Ryan Babel
Xabi Alonso
Dirk Kuyt
Albert Riera
Andrea Dossena
Peter Crouch
Lucas Leiva
Jermaine Pennant
Martin Skrtel
Craig Bellamy
Luis Garcia
Jose Reina
Dan Agger
Mohammed Sissoko
Fernando Morientes
Yossi Benayoun
Diego Cavalieri
Alvaro Arbeloa
Sebastian Leto
Jose Miguel Gonzalez
Gabriel Paletta
Mark Gonzalez
David Ngog
Scott Carson
Mikel San Jose
David Martin
Antonio Barragan
Besian Idrizaj
Jack Hobbs
Alex Cooper
Alexander Kacaniklic
Krisztian Nemeth
Andras Simon
Victor Palsson
Gary Mackay Steven
Vitor Flora
Andriy Voronin
Nikolay Mihaylov
Emmanuel Mendy
Marvin Pourie
Dani Pacheco
Nikola Saric
Lauri Dalla Valle
Gerardo Bruna
Hakan Duyan
Damien Plessis
Peter Gulacsi
Charles Itandje
Philipp Degen
Vincent Lucas
Ryan Crowther
Mihail Alexandrov
Robbie Fowler
Ryan Wilkie
Javier Mascherano
Miki Roque
Nabir El Zhar
Mark Smyth
Jay Smith
Stephen Darby
Craig Lindfield
Adam Hammill
Danny Guthrie
Paul Anderson
Lee Peltier
Fabio Aurelio
Jan Kromkamp
Boudewijn Zenden
Mauricio Pellegrino
Godwin Antwi
Robbie Threlfall
Ryan Flynn
Calum Woods
Paul Willis
Danny O'Donnell
Ramon Calliste
Steve Irwin
Martin Kelly
Ronald Huth
Jordy Brouwer
Francisco Manuel Duran
Emiliano Insua
Ray Putterill
Martin Hansen
Jay Spearing
Dave Roberts
David Mannix
Antonio Nunez

Hob
25th August, 2009, 05:25 PM
If they all played every game at the same time you'd still be an if, but and maybe side and win nowt.

marty76
25th August, 2009, 06:37 PM
I never seen the game the other night but I have to say I was shocked at the result.

I'm not a massive fan of EPL but I wanted Liverpool to take the title last year. Results like this wont help the current campaign but its early days I suppose.

skegsagypsy
25th August, 2009, 06:57 PM
Did you include the cleaners in that list as most are unrecognisable as footballers :D

Bulld0g
25th August, 2009, 07:13 PM

Steve Irwin

To be fair he hasn't been that good since the stingray got him :roflmao:

skegsagypsy
25th August, 2009, 07:32 PM
:party : nice one Bulldog

opsmonkey
25th August, 2009, 08:43 PM
Did you include the cleaners in that list as most are unrecognisable as footballers :D

most of his signings are kids and most of them have moved on to new clubs..

very funny BD lol..

Steve Irwin

http://classic.liverpoolway.co.uk/1stteam/1stteamplayers/irwin.jpg

skegsagypsy
25th August, 2009, 08:50 PM
most of his signings are kids and most of them have moved on to new clubs..

They must have been great signings, the mans a genius:hmmmm2:

thered
25th August, 2009, 09:14 PM
please tell me the last time a zone scored a goal..??
why do we mark them then..??

why does he stick with Lucas week in week out..??

why do we have no plan B..??

why is he still playing Voronin..?

what does Babel offer..??

i'm getting to the end of my tether with him now..

5 years = 2 trophies

Houiller had a better return than that..

Jos? Mourinho wins leagues.. FACT..

If we dont win the League this year its time to go (If we arent in touching distance at Christmas its time to go then), hopefully a clean sweep of the board and management will clear out some dead wood

To win the league you cant loose more than 4 games a year.. we couldnt win it last year only loosing 2..

This will be some special run of form now if we are to mount a serious challenge.. it'll take more than Lucas and 1 up front to win it

Glen Johnson
Alberto Aquilani
Sotirios Kyrgiakos
Fernando Torres
Robbie Keane
Ryan Babel
Xabi Alonso
Dirk Kuyt
Albert Riera
Andrea Dossena
Peter Crouch
Lucas Leiva
Jermaine Pennant
Martin Skrtel
Craig Bellamy
Luis Garcia
Jose Reina
Dan Agger
Mohammed Sissoko
Fernando Morientes
Yossi Benayoun
Diego Cavalieri
Alvaro Arbeloa
Sebastian Leto
Jose Miguel Gonzalez
Gabriel Paletta
Mark Gonzalez
David Ngog
Scott Carson
Mikel San Jose
David Martin
Antonio Barragan
Besian Idrizaj
Jack Hobbs
Alex Cooper
Alexander Kacaniklic
Krisztian Nemeth
Andras Simon
Victor Palsson
Gary Mackay Steven
Vitor Flora
Andriy Voronin
Nikolay Mihaylov
Emmanuel Mendy
Marvin Pourie
Dani Pacheco
Nikola Saric
Lauri Dalla Valle
Gerardo Bruna
Hakan Duyan
Damien Plessis
Peter Gulacsi
Charles Itandje
Philipp Degen
Vincent Lucas
Ryan Crowther
Mihail Alexandrov
Robbie Fowler
Ryan Wilkie
Javier Mascherano
Miki Roque
Nabir El Zhar
Mark Smyth
Jay Smith
Stephen Darby
Craig Lindfield
Adam Hammill
Danny Guthrie
Paul Anderson
Lee Peltier
Fabio Aurelio
Jan Kromkamp
Boudewijn Zenden
Mauricio Pellegrino
Godwin Antwi
Robbie Threlfall
Ryan Flynn
Calum Woods
Paul Willis
Danny O'Donnell
Ramon Calliste
Steve Irwin
Martin Kelly
Ronald Huth
Jordy Brouwer
Francisco Manuel Duran
Emiliano Insua
Ray Putterill
Martin Hansen
Jay Spearing
Dave Roberts
David Mannix
Antonio Nunez

i have said before m8 i dont think is up too the job most of the players signed are third rate and moved on very quickly yet he always moans about cash why didnt he buy quality instead of quantity

you didnt have a bad team when he came to england it just needed a couple of big signings to mount a proper challenge for the league he bought loads

winning the cl bought him time but even the most ardent liverpool fan must admit you were very lucky you even finished behind everton in 5th in the league

he needs a big season this year to justify himself or he may be for the boot he cant live off a cl win forever and i dont think the supporters would be too happy with him either

firestorm
25th August, 2009, 09:39 PM
he need to drop lucas move gerrard back into midfield put kuyt up front with torres put benayun on the right reina on the left

skegsagypsy
25th August, 2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah but a BIG season means winning the league, and that sure aint gonna happpen with this second rate team.

thered
25th August, 2009, 09:41 PM
he need to drop lucas move gerrard back into midfield put kuyt up front with torres put benayun on the right reina on the left

u fancy the job like m8

maca
3rd September, 2009, 06:25 PM
ryan babel has threatend to leave liverpool i wish he would stop with this threat and just ~~~~in go...

mtv1
3rd September, 2009, 06:28 PM
22nd September Leeds v Liverpool good luck m8s lol

opsmonkey
19th September, 2009, 06:29 PM
Carragher is past it.. get Agger back fit ASAP..

He's been a legend in the past but he's a liability now.. pushing over players in the box, giving away freekicks not marking properly..

Should have kept Hyppia

torrres
19th September, 2009, 08:36 PM
ryan babel has threatend to leave liverpool i wish he would stop with this threat and just ~~~~in go...
there paid thousands of pounds (babel)to play for THE TEAM and they want out I don,t get it ,but he has ability needs to fight and dig in .

firestorm
19th September, 2009, 09:08 PM
i thought babel put in a good performance tonight tryed hard when he came on chasing back for the ball unlike is normal game hope he keeps it up

maca
19th September, 2009, 09:10 PM
i thought babel put in a good performance tonight tryed hard when he came on chasing back for the ball unlike is normal game hope he keeps it up
he done well m8. but lets be honest would you be sorry to see him go.

satsmo
19th September, 2009, 09:13 PM
Watched it earlier looking at Torres he looks to be back to full fitness, two great goals.

Although as OPs said Carra is out of sorts so far this season. Rafa still doesnt help the situation with zonal marking.

firestorm
19th September, 2009, 09:17 PM
over the last 2 year i would not lose any sleep if he did leave
but if he carried on like tonight i may change my mind i think rafa must have told him its shit or bust if he wants to play for holland in the world cup

Bulld0g
19th September, 2009, 09:19 PM
I don't know why he's still here. He's a major disappointment in a red shirt. Pick a dream team and tell me how many of the current squad you would have in it ? We are far away from challenging for the title :( ~~~~in lyin yanks

firestorm
19th September, 2009, 09:42 PM
gerrard and torres but there are still some very good player in there Javier is Mascherano the captian of argentina, glen johnson looking better on the defence even lucas has uped his game this season (still not good enough).Yossi Benayoun is on fire at the moment,Emiliano Insua looks very good for the future,Dirk Kuyt looks good when they take him of the wing and let him in the box he will always get goals

manxspud
26th September, 2009, 05:01 PM
Close game i thought.... not too much between the 2 teams:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao:

Beaten by the better team... Well played & good luck.

@Bulldog... Was that you i could hear laughing your B**l*cks off????

opsmonkey
26th September, 2009, 05:14 PM
i thought our finishing today was poor.. should have been at least 10 lol

manxspud
26th September, 2009, 06:48 PM
To be honest i don't think you played that well today... which says lots about quality ect ect ect.... We played better than the past few weeks and still got spanked... enjoyed the first half... never mind... Will sod off and let you lot have your thread back...

opsmonkey
26th September, 2009, 06:56 PM
i agree mate.. i dont think we came out of 3rd gear.. when the 3rd went in your boys dropped their heads.. Still, one clear cut chance and you took it.. we look dodgy at the back from high balls still..

Hull's worry now is that a gap is appearing in points between the bottom 3 and 17th place :eek:

19anthony2009
27th September, 2009, 10:22 AM
Good result at the weekend. let's hope it continues.

Bulld0g
27th September, 2009, 06:36 PM
An insight into the treatment and attitudes that for decades have surrounded Liverpool?s England heroes from COS?s latest writing recruit Michael Williams.

Since the mid 1980?s there has been a distance between Scousers and England. In the depression years of the decade Liverpool became a target for the Government and the Southern based media joined in with Thatcher?s persecution of the city. Still to this day the divide between the city and the country remains and never is it more so than with the football teams of the countries third largest city.

At the 2007 Champions League semi final first leg at Chelsea, Liverpool fans walking to the ground from Fulham Broadway were heard singing, ?We?re not English, We?re Scouse!? as home fans and surrounding policeman gave them an unconvincing look of approval.
Liverpool fans have for some time felt that the journalists down in Fleet Street have failed to give their side the respect and credit they deserve. Ever since the days when their team became the first English club to defend the European Cup Kopites have felt an injustice from the cockney media that still fail to show affection to Liverpool players who swap the Liver Bird for the Three Lions.

The career of John Barnes, one of the finest wingers and rappers to grace this country, will always be judged on his below par England performances, at least by those South of Watford. As for the many that saw him at Anfield rip apart every full back in the old First Division the memories of the winger will be nothing but positive. After all, Barnes?s goals against QPR and Brentford certainly outweigh that run in the Maracana.

Had then England managers followed Kenny Dalglish?s example by giving Barnes the freedom to roam then maybe the national side would have had a better track record in the late eighties and early nineties. As it was the Three Lions continued to fail in their attempts for an International honour.

Still to this day the form Liverpool players show week in week out is disparaged by the media who focus on a performance slightly below their club form when they turn out at Wembley. Steven Gerrard, regarded by most as the most complete midfielder in Europe, still fails to receive appropriate recognition for his England performances. When Jamie Carragher committed treason in 2007 and retired from International football, the local press guys near Wembley stadium accused him of being unpatriotic and that he had never been concerned with the England team. The point that the defender had had too much of travelling to all corners of the world only to sit on the bench when he had been performing heroics at Anfield never became a factor in the headline writers around Greater London.

The only Liverpool player to receive adulation from the rest of the nation was Michael Owen after his heroics in France ?98. However, the praise given to Owen meant he was never really given the same affection the likes of Robbie Fowler and Steven Gerrard received by the Kop who saw him as an England player first and a Liverpool player second.

The flak given to Glen Johnson following Slovenia?s consolation goal at Wembley on Saturday is another example of the media failing to take into account excellent club form for a minor International error. Johnson has made an electric start to his Liverpool career giving the Reds the impetus they?ve been lacking on the right side of defence that was missing from their title bid last season. In their opening four games, including the two defeats, Johnson has shone scoring two goals leading many fans to compare their new signing to legendary full backs Phil Neal and Steve Nicol.

One minor mistake will not let the people who see him week in week out allow their opinion of an impressive new signing to diminish. They haven?t let it change their opinion before and it is unlikely to change it now.

Bulld0g
27th September, 2009, 06:38 PM
Reports are emerging from the Middle East this morning that suggest that a Saudi Arabian prince is ready to make a substantial investment in Liverpool Football Club.

The financial difficulties being experienced by the Reds' owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have been well documented and the American duo are reportedly willing to negotiate the sale of a significant percentage of shares in the the club.

Arabian newspaper reports are now claiming that Fahd bin Abdullah, chairman of F6, a Saudi-based marketing and investment company, is close to securing 50 per cent of the shares in the unnamed club, largely understood to be Liverpool after being seen in the directors box at yesterday's g ame against Hull City at Anfield.

"We are currently seeking to buy 50 per cent of the shares in the club which is now suffering with debts worth ?245 million," Abdullah is quoted as saying by Saudi newspaper Al-Riyadh.

"The transaction, upon which a decision is close to be reached, will be worth 200 to 350 million pounds."

opsmonkey
27th September, 2009, 10:49 PM
sweet.. hope its true.. sounds like step 1 to getting the yanks right the **** out of Anfield

Bulld0g
28th September, 2009, 11:25 AM
A Saudi Arabian prince is looking to buy up to half of Premier League football club Liverpool, reports say.

Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud was quoted by the Saudi Al-Riyadh newspaper on Sunday as saying "we are seeking... to own a 50% stake".

The reported price of ?200m to ?350m for the 50% stake would be in excess of the ?174m US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett paid for the whole club.

Liverpool recently signed a sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered bank.

That deal, which begins next July and runs to the end of the 2013-14 season, should lead to an increase in the club's commercial revenues.

Debt burden

Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett have been looking to reduce Liverpool's ?245m debt and paid off ?60m in July.

That was when the loan used taken out to buy the club in February 2007 ran out and was renegotiated with banks RBS and Wachovia.

Considering what Hicks and Gillett paid it is a huge increase in the club's value
Harry Philp, Hermes Sports Partners

"We are currently seeking to buy 50% of the shares in the club which is now suffering with debts worth ?245m," the prince was quoted in Al-Riyadh paper.

The Saudi interest comes after a document was leaked showing that since March 2009 the club has been seeking to attract new investors in return for a stake in the Anfield club.

In March 2009 a prospectus drawn up by investment banks Rothschild and Merrill Lynch told potential investors that for ?50m they could get a minority stake in "one of the world's most successful football clubs".

Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud, who was at Anfield on Saturday for the 6-1 win over Hull, now appears to be seeking to invest much more than ?50m.

He is chairman of Saudi holding company FAMA Group and the F6 sports investment firm, which said at the weekend that a memorandum of understanding had been signed with George Gillett and Richard Petty Motorsports.

That envisions setting up sports academies in Saudi Arabia, and could also see the Liverpool brand, and that of US motorsport Nascar, promoted heavily in the Middle East.

Stadium on hold

"Considering what Hicks and Gillett paid it is a huge increase in the club's value to somewhere between ?400m and ?700m," Harry Philp, managing director at sports financers and advisers Hermes Sports Partners, told the BBC.

"They had to refinance their debt with their banks recently. Despite paying off ?60m of their debt recently as part of that refinancing it is still surprising, particularly considering that plans for a new stadium are on hold."

However, a number of questions remain over any possible investment, should the Saudis take a stake.

"The Saudis will have to take 25% of the club from each of Hicks and Gillett if they want half the club, but whether they both would be willing to sell any more of their holdings is unknown," added Mr Philp.

Mr Hicks has promised that a new stadium will be built when the current global financial turmoil settles down.

dctyper
28th September, 2009, 12:12 PM
all you sad people saying babel should leave eh? he is a good player and i stand by the bloke

Bulld0g
28th September, 2009, 12:18 PM
all you sad people saying babel should leave eh? he is a good player and i stand by the bloke

I don't. He's not good enough for Liverpool. If you were given millions of pounds to buy a team , would you buy him ? He flatters to deceive. Shows a glimpse of what he can do on the odd occassion , but is generally poor. very similar to Collymore in showing his ability. Has talent but you wont see it often enough.

dctyper
28th September, 2009, 02:04 PM
im afraid we havent seen enough of him, if he goes up for sale, all top clubs will offer for him. people said the same about kuyt a couple of seasons ago, now he is solid in the team

maca
29th September, 2009, 02:28 PM
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has aimed a swipe back at Jermaine Pennant following the former Reds winger's criticism of his methods.
Pennant hit out Benitez's man-management skills, accusing the Spaniard of turning him into a 'robot' during his time at Anfield.
The Real Zaragoza new-boy also criticised Dirk Kuyt, who took Pennant's place in Benitez's side, labelling the Dutchman as a failed forward who was accommodated in the team because of his high transfer fee.
Benitez has jumped to Kuyt's defence, hailing the Dutchman's team ethic in not complaining when being reverted from a striker to a winger and also suggesting Kuyt would be willing to play anywhere for the Liverpool cause
"I saw what he [Pennant] had to say, but I don't intend saying too much about him," said Benitez.
"Kuyt's record is there for everyone to see and he doesn't need me to defend him. You only need to look at the impact he has made to see he is picked on merit and has become an extremely important member of our squad.
"He speaks out on the pitch and doesn't have to say a single word to justify his place. He is a striker who is as effective on the wing or as second striker, and, as you can see from his record, he scores goals as well as working hard.
"He is the sort of player who would be good for any manager. We signed him then extended his contract because we knew he was an excellent player and outstanding professional. I could put him in central defence and he would be as good as anyone."
Kuyt's importance to Liverpool is illustrated in that he is only two goals away from equalling Reds legend Ian Rush's tally of 14 European Cup goals.
The former Feyenoord man admits it would be an honour to join the likes of Rush in the Liverpool record boos and he is at a loss to explain why he is so prolific in Europe compared to the Premier League.
"To have the chance to maybe draw level with someone like Ian Rush is unbelievable," said Kuyt.
"He is one of the biggest names in the history of Liverpool and it would give me a great feeling if I could manage to do that."
"The milestones are nice but, if you don't have anything to go with them like a trophy, then it is not the same.
"I'm not sure why it has gone so well for me.
"I don't try and do anything different from in the Premier League but I do feel confident going into big Champions League games."

wongers
29th September, 2009, 07:10 PM
i had to laugh at pennants words myself in the whole time he was at liverpool he played about three decent games because he's had a decent start at zaragoza he now thinks he's worthy of a place in the england squad, the deluded tosser,i'll bet within 12 months of me writing this he'll be struggling to get a place in zaragoza's team if he is as good as he thinks he is how come portsmouth didnt take the option up of making his loan stay permanant

dctyper
29th September, 2009, 09:10 PM
anyone watching this? shite

martin-f
29th September, 2009, 09:25 PM
yes 2.0 down atm

dctyper
29th September, 2009, 09:29 PM
they are just wanting the ball more than us

martin-f
29th September, 2009, 09:34 PM
your right m8 i do not support liverpool but it was my choice of game to watch 3 mins left

Bulld0g
29th September, 2009, 09:36 PM
im afraid we havent seen enough of him, if he goes up for sale, all top clubs will offer for him. people said the same about kuyt a couple of seasons ago, now he is solid in the team

TBH m8 i don't think Chelsea Man utd or Arsenal will be interested in him . If he goes abroad i don't think Barca, Milan, Madrid or the likes will be bidding for him neither.

Bulld0g
29th September, 2009, 09:39 PM
I thought we deserved a draw tonight. We should have had a pen off Torres. Torres, Gerrard, Benny and Lucas could all have scored. 10 minutes lack of concentration in the first half cost us the game.

vasse
29th September, 2009, 10:47 PM
As for last night, i think Liverpool had it in the bag, and i think they can still win at Stamford Bridge, but they will need to get stuck in which i think could see Gerrard get a yellow and miss the Final.

Bulld0g
29th September, 2009, 10:52 PM
As for last night, i think Liverpool had it in the bag, and i think they can still win at Stamford Bridge, but they will need to get stuck in which i think could see Gerrard get a yellow and miss the Final.

What final are we in ? Looking forward to it whatever it is ;)

leotheloin
29th September, 2009, 11:15 PM
vasse must get me some of the blow can see eire beating brazil in the world cup final in SA.

thered
30th September, 2009, 06:23 PM
TBH m8 i don't think Chelsea Man utd or Arsenal will be interested in him . If he goes abroad i don't think Barca, Milan, Madrid or the likes will be bidding for him neither.

very true m8 he is more the type who aston villa would chase no disrespect to villa

thered
30th September, 2009, 06:25 PM

i love ketamine too m8:D

Bulld0g
30th September, 2009, 06:40 PM
lol. I deffo think he was on something when he posted that.

boomer39
1st October, 2009, 10:00 AM
think he spent some time in the "cold trafford" time warp.....

luastar03
1st October, 2009, 11:33 PM
chelsea vs. liverpool first big derby of this season so far, chelsea didnt play well the last 2 games but i'm quite sure they will win against liverpool

boomer39
2nd October, 2009, 10:13 AM
chelsea vs. liverpool first big derby of this season so far, chelsea didnt play well the last 2 games but i'm quite sure they will win against liverpool
"derby" game??

aftermath
2nd October, 2009, 10:36 AM
"derby" game??

yep i think he means " game " even though its not the first big game.

andymc1s
2nd October, 2009, 07:31 PM
lets hope it is a great game of attacking football after all thats we want to see is it not ?

opsmonkey
2nd October, 2009, 09:17 PM
No we want to see Liverpool win, be it beautiful or shite..!
3 points is 3 points..!

As for the 'derby game' comment.. what a plonker lol

firestorm
3rd October, 2009, 02:57 PM
have a look at this trialer is very good
15 Minutes That Shook The World - Rafa's Song

YouTube - 15 Minutes That Shook The World - Rafa's Song

torrres
3rd October, 2009, 03:03 PM
lets hope it is a great game of attacking football after all thats we want to see is it not ?
Silly boy - what we want is for the mighty reds to win i dont care if the winning goal comes off stevie g,s backside as long as we win.

torrres
3rd October, 2009, 03:14 PM

YouTube - 15 Minutes That Shook The World - Rafa's Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMirJPi_mI)
CARA,S CHOCKER - HAMMAN,S SMOKING POT & STEVIE.G CANT SHOW HIS FACE IN HUYTON - PRICELESS !!!

torrres
3rd October, 2009, 03:15 PM

YouTube - 15 Minutes That Shook The World - Rafa's Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMirJPi_mI)
CARA,S CHOCKER - HAMMAN,S SMOKING POT & STEVIE.G CANT SHOW HIS FACE IN HUYTON - PRICELESS !!!

kitanolfc
5th October, 2009, 05:31 PM
Looking forward to seeing that 15 minutes that shook the world when its released proper, should be good. Neil Fitz (rafa) is a funny fella.

spondulick
6th October, 2009, 04:02 PM
would this be after their latest show against chelsea.lol

opsmonkey
17th October, 2009, 03:57 PM
i hope the little tw@ who threw the balloon on the pitch is well happy with himself.. behind to a deflection off a Liverpool BALLOON.. FFS..

Benitez hasnt got a clue.. it's time he moved on, our squad is a total disgrace for the money he's spent.. why is Mascherano named in the first 11 then dropped to the bench..??

It was Benitez that f***ed it up last year when the title was ours to loose.. now looking at 4 straight defeats.. We'll get battered by the mancs if we play this bad next week..

Bulld0g
17th October, 2009, 04:58 PM
Diabolical. That's the worse Liverpool performance i have seen for many a year. We are mediocre at best. Take Torres and Gerrard out and we are a run of the mill average mid table team.
I think Benitez should go now. The yanks ****ed this club over with their lies but Benitez has had money to spend, He has failed to buy the right players and has failed to produce the constant attacking football seen by Valencia, the type we thought we would see here.
We are no nearer winning the league than we were under Houlliier. A sad day for Liverpool fc and all associated with it.

opsmonkey
17th October, 2009, 05:01 PM
Agree.. time for him to go.. no clue when it comes to tactics, sets the whole team up to counter one player Jones.. WTF..!

No excuses for Benitez time to go.. Living off the 2005 CL Final for too long now, he hasnt got what it takes

filsyn
17th October, 2009, 05:08 PM
Come on you reds...

aftermath
17th October, 2009, 05:10 PM
lesson to learn to all liverpool fans

DONT GO THROWING BALLS/BALLOONS onto the pitch pmsl.

YouTube - fcuking balloon!

opsmonkey
17th October, 2009, 05:22 PM
its a one off freak goal but a liverpool side SHOULD be good enough to comeback from this after 4 minutes.. This Liverpool side isnt good enough.. 93 signings since 2004 and what have we to show for it...?

Gillette was saying some less than complimentary things this week in Dubai.. hopefully he will sack him tonight and sell the club on monday..

Bulld0g
17th October, 2009, 05:25 PM
Sad m8 but i have to agree :(

mtv1
17th October, 2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/mtv1/albums/mtv1-aka-stigs-album/2514-46566368-balloon-getty.jpg one for the album guys

Bulld0g
17th October, 2009, 05:49 PM
Is there any mods about ? to ban this ~~~~er :)

spondulick
17th October, 2009, 06:03 PM
quote from jeff stelling ,sly spts...says steve bruce nominated balloon for man of the match..lol.

Bulld0g
17th October, 2009, 06:05 PM
quote from jeff stelling ,sly spts...says steve bruce nominated balloon for man of the match..lol.

Thats two on the bounce for him then lol

Bulld0g
17th October, 2009, 06:06 PM
Although i think the balloon was on the pitch longer than Beckham :roflmao:

spondulick
17th October, 2009, 06:56 PM
cant argue with that, at least he got todays right.

maca
17th October, 2009, 07:01 PM
dont blame the balloon for the loss, blame the ~~~~in big balloon who put the team together.......

davieboy.rfc
17th October, 2009, 07:03 PM
its the first time ive seen a balloon make such a big impact in a match maybe hav 2 ban balloons now...

maca
17th October, 2009, 07:13 PM
i wish they would ban that big spanish balloon..

opsmonkey
18th October, 2009, 12:02 AM
good to see none of the 'rose tinted' reds on here like some of the p**cks on the football only forums..

whoever says Benitez is the one needs to have a good look at themselves.. 8th and out of it in October

Bulld0g
18th October, 2009, 02:49 PM
If we beat the mancs next week we're only 4 pts behind with a lot of points to play for. Tuth is the squad is shite. Am i alone in thinking last seasons challenge was more down to Chelski and the mancs being shit than us improving.

I hink we should sell Babel and Kuyt and sign the beachball. It looked more dangerous in the box and has only scored four less league goals than the ~~~~ing pair of them put together.

firestorm
18th October, 2009, 03:00 PM
they did not have a clue yesterday spearing before Mascherano what is he thinking off

Bulld0g
18th October, 2009, 03:10 PM
If only i knew m8. If only. No one knows what he's thinking or what he will do next. I don't think he knows himself sometimes.

maca
18th October, 2009, 03:15 PM
lets face it we've not moved on since the day he came.

hideous.ape
18th October, 2009, 03:18 PM
Well lets be honest with ourselves the club is a joke behind the scenes. We need to have a club that is settled, with owners that can provide the finances necessary to push this club for the next decade. Not sure if Rafa is the last piece of that jigsaw!

To be fair to Sunderland they should have hammered us yesterday...they should have been 2 or 3 up and cruising with 20mins to go.

Its a bad state of affairs when in October we are already relying on United, Chelsea, Man City, etc losing 6 or 8 matches...cause we will certainly be losing a few more!

aftermath
18th October, 2009, 03:33 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/aftermath_0377/beachset.jpg

Bulld0g
18th October, 2009, 03:48 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/aftermath_0377/beachset.jpg

Is that THE actual man of the match ? lol

Bulld0g
18th October, 2009, 05:54 PM
Just been on Sky sports news, Mark Hughes has put a ?90m bid in for the beachball.

opsmonkey
18th October, 2009, 06:22 PM
Following Her Majesty the Queen's disapproval of a recipient of her coveted MBE award - Steven Gerrard - ending up in police cells, and then in court on charges of assault, the head of state of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland took further revenge against the player's team today.

She sent a helium balloon to land in the Liverpool penalty box, allowing Sunderland player Darren Bent to shoot at it and for the ball to rebound off it into the net to give the winning goal.

'We are over the moon', Her Majesty said, over a large Bombay Sapphire gin and tonic, 'we had gathered up all the balloons those blasted Berkshire schoolchildren had sent into our garden, and then we got one of our boffin chaps to put a homing device into it, one that homes towards Scouse gits.'

'Taking wind and levels of gittery into account, we got Philip to release the balloon at 12 midday exactly and it arrived at the Liverpool penalty box at exactly the right time, five minutes past three. And Darren Bent scored! Everton are magic, Liverpool are tragic, na na na, na na na!'

Few have realised just how passionate a football fan the Queen is, a lifelong Toffees supporter that religiously watches all live Premier League matches on Sky Sports. When the horse racing isn't on. 'Yes, we always watch Everton', she admitted, 'and always love seeing Liverpool lose. Though there was a danger the balloon would have ended up at Goodison Park instead of Sunderland, but given that the majority of our Scouse git subjects support the Reds it was a risk worth taking.'

The FA were going to order an inquiry into the incident, but given that they are spineless about everything they decided not to. 'Just as well', Her Majesty said, 'or we would be straight round to their office and it'd be orf to the Tower of London with 'em, then orf with their heads! Come on you bloo-hoos!!!'

Prince Philip, who wandered into the room at this moment, added: 'Football? What they bloody hell is football?! And what are these newspaper johnnies doing in here, Liz, I want to watch 'Hot Babes Get Hotter Once You Sink Their Boats'. Now get out the lot of you! Clear off!'

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez was unavailable for comment, but muttered something about 'Queen Isabella would never have allowed this ...'

opsmonkey
20th October, 2009, 07:21 PM
look at the squad for tonight..

Reina, Kelly, Insua, Agger, Carragher, Mascherano, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benayoun, Ngog.

Subs: Cavalieri, Voronin, Aurelio, Babel, Skrtel, Spearing, Plessis.

JOKE.. Sack the twat.. ?85m spent since 2008.. On what..?

maca
20th October, 2009, 07:23 PM

Reina, Kelly, Insua, Agger, Carragher, Mascherano, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benayoun, Ngog.

totally agree m8. sack him now before they give him more money to waste....

dctyper
20th October, 2009, 09:39 PM

thats a bit harsh as he doesnt have control of transfers....

but i must be honest, im starting to loose faith now. and i never say anything negetive

i dont think i have ever seen 4 straight defeats and im 25!!!!!!!!

maca
20th October, 2009, 09:46 PM
thats a bit harsh as he doesnt have control of transfers....

but i must be honest, im starting to loose faith now. and i never say anything negetive

i dont think i have ever seen 4 straight defeats and im 25!!!!!!!!
bit harsh wtf. he got control of everything thats wot he wanted. that was his team. his signings. his tactics. total shite. the team that won the champions league in 2005 would have beaten that lyon team. end of . time for change...

thered
20th October, 2009, 10:08 PM
im not one to gloat but i have told you time and time again benitez is a ~~~~in clown he spent more than ferguson and you have a squad thats paper thin he cost a good crack at the title with all his ramblings last year

he buys players realises they are 5hite then doesnt play them then moans he has no money after he wasted it himself

long live little chef

maca
20th October, 2009, 10:15 PM
im not one to gloat but i have told you time and time again benitez is a ~~~~in clown he spent more than ferguson and you have a squad thats paper thin he cost a good crack at the title with all his ramblings last year

he buys players realises they are 5hite then doesnt play them then moans he has no money after he wasted it himself

long live little chef
tell you this red m8. it ~~~~in kills me, but your right m8...

opsmonkey
20th October, 2009, 10:24 PM
he hasnt got a clue.. takes off Benayoun, who was playing well and replaces him with Voronin, who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo let alone score a goal.

Now we find out that money was available but he chose not to spend it and quite happily let Barry go to City for ?12m.. The man openly chases Barry which in turn drives out Alonso (who he knew wanted to leave after being cocked about) but still fails to sort either out.. Then to rectify the situation he buys a ~~~~in injured player who wont be available until November..

Worst run of form since 1987 - the man is out of ideas and time for me

gazd001
20th October, 2009, 10:27 PM
before the owners giv him more money to spend, i think They shud spend it on luring Mourinho, then giv him a few quid for transfers

opsmonkey
20th October, 2009, 10:29 PM
I'd cream in my undies if Maureen came to Anfield.. He's a proven winner, his teams win trophies

maca
20th October, 2009, 10:36 PM
the worst thing to do is play well for lippool. because you'll either get dropped or substituted under benitez.. times up m8.....

Bulld0g
20th October, 2009, 10:48 PM
Well that was a shite evening. The majority of this squad don't even have the basic Football skills. Most can't give a pass or take a pass. Ngog has shown he's not going to make the grade Kuyt is shite, Lucas is shite,Skrtel is shite The managers shite the yanks are ****s and i'm pissed off.

opsmonkey
20th October, 2009, 10:50 PM
Gillett and Hicks are the biggest smokescreen for Benitez to hide his failings behind.. I hope he's gone in the morning.. Look at the team, there isn't a smile amongst them, he's lost the dressing room thats obvious

gazd001
20th October, 2009, 10:50 PM
cant blame u either. even as a liverpool supporter myself, i think we mite get a hiding on sunday:(

Bulld0g
20th October, 2009, 10:51 PM
Benitez is going nowhere m8. We can't afford to sack him. Thanks to the septics we haven't got a pot to piss in

john1509
20th October, 2009, 11:58 PM
wait till sunday we will get ~~~~ed and i bet owen will come back and bite us in the ass. we were shit tonight

apd
21st October, 2009, 12:40 AM
Benitez is going nowhere m8. We can't afford to sack him. Thanks to the septics we haven't got a pot to piss in

Oh so its the yanks fault Rafas bought turds for years? Even with money hes signed turds great big steaming turds bar Torres and it doesn't take a ****ing genius to see the lads quality does it?

We'll see how good a manager Rafa really is this season with no dough.

Unless of course LFC doesn't drop its knickers again this time for some arab.

Oooh pump us full of money dic

Pathetic

Sig-gotyouth
21st October, 2009, 11:07 AM
As much as I have had a good chuckle at Liverpool's expense, as a United fan, I don't want any excuses if we beat you on sunday.

The worry for Liverpool fans though has got to be, after such a great season last season where you probably played the most exciting football in the premier league, you've digressed.

I work with a bunch of scousers and they are all telling me that you beat us last year without Torres and Gerrard last year (I was there, it was my 25th birthday), but last season your team believed they could pull results out of the bag, there isnt any belief this time.

Rafas rant last year was ill-timed and his man-managment skills are less than desired. He drove out Alonso and then let Barry go. I wont talk about the Keane debarkle because I dont know who actually bought him, but players Rafa has bought simply arent good enough.
e.g. For the money Rafa payed for Babel he could have got Arshavin or someone of similar ilk.

I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday (got lucky in the ballet and have tickets) and hoping United dont pick up any injuries tonight.

I dont think Rafa will go, but then again Keegan and Souness are sniffing about and G&H might see it as another good bit of PR just like Dalgliesh :stupido3:

Bulld0g
21st October, 2009, 01:37 PM
Oh so its the yanks fault Rafas bought turds for years? Even with money hes signed turds great big steaming turds bar Torres and it doesn't take a ****ing genius to see the lads quality does it?

We'll see how good a manager Rafa really is this season with no dough.

Unless of course LFC doesn't drop its knickers again this time for some arab.

Oooh pump us full of money dic

Pathetic

It's the yank's fault we have no money the lying ****s have put us hundreds of millions in debt. They lied and said they would not put their debts onto us and then they sadddle us with massive debts.
They have made us a laughing stock. They are businesmen who dont care about our club, just about how much money they can make. The sooner they sell up and give control to a company with money the better for Liverpool football club and it's fans.

ruudvandan
21st October, 2009, 10:25 PM
It's the yank's fault we have no money the lying ****s have put us hundreds of millions in debt. They lied and said they would not put their debts onto us and then they sadddle us with massive debts.
They have made us a laughing stock. They are businesmen who dont care about our club, just about how much money they can make. The sooner they sell up and give control to a company with money the better for Liverpool football club and it's fans.

I think it might be too late by then. Gerrard is approaching his 30s and I can't see Torres hanging around too long if Liverpool don't make it into the Champions League next season, especially if Rafa gets sacked.

Liverpool need to play in the Champions League every year to be able to finance their debt. I think Liverpool will still make it into the top 4, simply because they're better than those who could take their place (Villa, City, Spurs) and it's too early in the season to say they won't make it, but if they don't, they'll be in serious trouble in the following years.

TheGodfather
22nd October, 2009, 04:07 PM
Time for a little rant by me...

Lets start with the small stuff;

@ opsmonkey - I don't think anyone understood that sub, but saying that about voronin is stupid, Voronin is no Torres or Tevez but he's not as bad as you and other doubters say, scored 5 for us in 24 appearences for us, he usually comes on for what 10 minutes?, for hertha berlin last season (not the best league) hit the net 11 times out of 20 apps.

Next onto all the Lucas haters, again he's not any Gerrard or Alonso, but he has had a hard time and i personally (and also backed by stats, his passing rate etc) think he has done a pretty decent job for us.

Kuyt, mixed views about him but i have heard some hillarious comments about him which i have to just laugh at, such as "he doesn't bring anything to LFC", this is complete bullshit he is a great player and brings us loads, not always goals (although got a few so far).

Now onto Rafa and signings and players, admittedly a few signings havn't worked out such as babel, doss, gonzalez etc

* Pepe now one of the best if not arguably the best goalkeeper in europe.
* Torres, many people critised benitez for bringing him in for the money we paid for him (when we signed him)
* Mascerano, was a WHU reserve, now an amazing player for us and also captain for Argentina
* Yossi, Great creative player and can bring alot to the team.
* Agger, Excellent defender glad he's now back from his injury.
* Skrtl, now i was at the Havant and Waterloo game, and he had a terrible game, but i was shocked at how many lfc fans dismissed him on his first game saying rafa had bought shit, look at him now - again another good defender.
* Xabi Alonso (in bold because not here anymore but felt i should mention him), came from Real Sociedad as an decent player, shame he's gone, but he developed into a World class player.
* Glen Johnson, not seen that much of him considering but what a player so far, excellent at coming forward, can although be a bit iffy at the back
* Aquillani, yet to see him, but excited to see him.
* Riera, Decent squad player can bring some good moments and also scored a few nice goals.
* Kuyt, as mentioned above, he is now an amazing team player for us and brings so much.

Now a bit onto our youth squad, we have excellent youth which can bring lots in the near future such as Nemeth (currently on loan), Pachecho, Kelly, Spearing, Darby. We have some great prospects there and even some local lads!

On to the Yanks, don't think most people realise how bad they actually are and how much they have lied and failed, for those of you, you should check out SOS (Spirit of Shankly) they outline pretty much everything.

Onto Rafa himself, he has made ALOT of mistakes and somethings that make you wonder what he was thinking, however some have paid of and alot havnt. But i wont stand for people calling him a twat and this and that, before he came to Liverpool we were mainly playing in the European Cup and fighting for 4th place, and no real hope of the league. Since he has came we are now always in the Champions League, been to two finals in it, and for last season we were so close and finally able to actually challange for number 19. We have had a very shaky bad start to this season and league is looking further than ever, even 3rd 4th place is. But the season is NOT over yet far from it we should never give up on faith.

I don't believe any manager would stick by their club as much as rafa has, he has been through so much shit with the Yanks, especially with the Klinsman stuff. Rafa has faith in the club, he wants to stay here.

For all you that want him out now, whos is going to come in and replace him?

YANKS OUT! NOW!

IN RAFA WE TRUST!

apd
22nd October, 2009, 04:12 PM

Oh so yous are shite because you've got no money? Look at the money going out thats been spent mate. Its nothing to do with money LFC are over you had a few good years in the 70s+80s bar that yous have been average to shite.

Oh and the socks jibe last season to us we might throw big issues on the pitch at the next anfield derby to help yous pay the leccy bill. lol

Bulld0g
22nd October, 2009, 04:30 PM
Oh so yous are shite because you've got no money? Look at the money going out thats been spent mate. Its nothing to do with money LFC are over you had a few good years in the 70s+80s bar that yous have been average to shite.

Oh and the socks jibe last season to us we might throw big issues on the pitch at the next anfield derby to help yous pay the leccy bill. lol

Laughable. You really are laughable. Average except for the 70s and 80s :roflmao: Would you like to be anywhere near this average

League Champions 18

1900-01

1905-06

1921-22

1922-23

1946-47

1963-64

1965-66

1972-73

1975-76

1976-77

1978-79

1979-80

1981-82

1982-83

1983-84

1985-86

1987-88

1989-90

Football Association Challenge Cup Winners 7

1964-65

1973-74

1985-86

1988-89

1991-92

2000-01

2005-06

League Cup Winners\ Carlsberg Trophy 10
1980-81

1981-82

1982-83

1983-84

1994-95

1997-98

1998-99

1999-2000

2000-01

2002-03

European Cup Winners 5

1976-77

1977-78

1980-81

1983-84

2004-05

UEFA Cup Winners 3
1972-73

1975-76

2000-01

European Super Cup Winners 3

Super Cup Winners 1
1985-86

your comments about us being avereage to shite make you look a bit of a tit now don't they ;)
You can't afford a pair of socks never mind the big issue. Keep on robbin m8 lol

Bulld0g
22nd October, 2009, 05:03 PM
Time for a little rant by me...

Lets start with the small stuff;

@ opsmonkey - I don't think anyone understood that sub, but saying that about voronin is stupid, Voronin is no Torres or Tevez but he's not as bad as you and other doubters say, scored 5 for us in 24 appearences for us, he usually comes on for what 10 minutes?, for hertha berlin last season (not the best league) hit the net 11 times out of 20 apps.

Next onto all the Lucas haters, again he's not any Gerrard or Alonso, but he has had a hard time and i personally (and also backed by stats, his passing rate etc) think he has done a pretty decent job for us.

Kuyt, mixed views about him but i have heard some hillarious comments about him which i have to just laugh at, such as "he doesn't bring anything to LFC", this is complete bullshit he is a great player and brings us loads, not always goals (although got a few so far).

Now onto Rafa and signings and players, admittedly a few signings havn't worked out such as babel, doss, gonzalez etc

* Pepe now one of the best if not arguably the best goalkeeper in europe.
* Torres, many people critised benitez for bringing him in for the money we paid for him (when we signed him)
* Mascerano, was a WHU reserve, now an amazing player for us and also captain for Argentina
* Yossi, Great creative player and can bring alot to the team.
* Agger, Excellent defender glad he's now back from his injury.
* Skrtl, now i was at the Havant and Waterloo game, and he had a terrible game, but i was shocked at how many lfc fans dismissed him on his first game saying rafa had bought shit, look at him now - again another good defender.
* Xabi Alonso (in bold because not here anymore but felt i should mention him), came from Real Sociedad as an decent player, shame he's gone, but he developed into a World class player.
* Glen Johnson, not seen that much of him considering but what a player so far, excellent at coming forward, can although be a bit iffy at the back
* Aquillani, yet to see him, but excited to see him.
* Riera, Decent squad player can bring some good moments and also scored a few nice goals.
* Kuyt, as mentioned above, he is now an amazing team player for us and brings so much.

Now a bit onto our youth squad, we have excellent youth which can bring lots in the near future such as Nemeth (currently on loan), Pachecho, Kelly, Spearing, Darby. We have some great prospects there and even some local lads!

On to the Yanks, don't think most people realise how bad they actually are and how much they have lied and failed, for those of you, you should check out SOS (Spirit of Shankly) they outline pretty much everything.

Onto Rafa himself, he has made ALOT of mistakes and somethings that make you wonder what he was thinking, however some have paid of and alot havnt. But i wont stand for people calling him a twat and this and that, before he came to Liverpool we were mainly playing in the European Cup and fighting for 4th place, and no real hope of the league. Since he has came we are now always in the Champions League, been to two finals in it, and for last season we were so close and finally able to actually challange for number 19. We have had a very shaky bad start to this season and league is looking further than ever, even 3rd 4th place is. But the season is NOT over yet far from it we should never give up on faith.

I don't believe any manager would stick by their club as much as rafa has, he has been through so much shit with the Yanks, especially with the Klinsman stuff. Rafa has faith in the club, he wants to stay here.

For all you that want him out now, whos is going to come in and replace him?

YANKS OUT! NOW!

IN RAFA WE TRUST!

I don't remember anyone criticizing Torres
Masha Started off well for us. I don't think his heart is at the club.He will leave first opportunity he gets.
Agree with you about Agger and Benny
Skrtl I have to disagree. He is like Bambi on ice. Gets turned too easily, no pace, No cool head under pressure.
xabi Went because of Benitez's bungling in the transfer market
Agree on Johnson though i think he might be better suited as a midfielder because he's shite as a defender.
Aqualini. I watched the reserves last night, waiting for him to come on. Shite game got bored waiting in the end and still havent seen him play.
Riera like Babel is Another who flatters to deceive. Simply not consistent enough.

on Kuyt, Ok i'll ask you what i ask every Kuyt fan. What EXACTLY does he bring ?? He works hard and runs and runs is all i hear. This is not enough. He was bought as a striker and he can't score goals. He misses more chances than he scores
On the kids, Pains me to say it but i can't see any of them winning and holding a first team place down.If your good enough your old enough. Age doesn't come in to it.

We are still fighting for 4th place.and have no real hope of winning the League. Last season we never improved, the teams above us slipped a peg or two. It was only towards the last third of the season we started to play exciting attacking football. Given a clean squad sheet and money to burn. You can pick a squad of players of your choice. How many of the current squad would you pick ?
I would go with Reina, Benny, Gerrard. Torres and Johnson. Maybe one or two fringe players.The rest i would give away.

opsmonkey
22nd October, 2009, 05:20 PM
TGF..

Voronin is useless.. would he walk into any other side in the top 10..? No.. 6 goals in 34 apperances is pretty bad for a return. On Tuesday night he tried a pass to Aur?lio, over hit it by 20 yards then blamed Aur?lio for not making it.. He scored a few for Hertha Berlin last season but even they weren't interested in making the deal permanent, speaks volumes to me..

Lucas - Absolute drivel adds nothing to the attack and certainly adds nothing to defence, cant pass to a red shirt to save his life, if you go to the games and not just watch them on TV you will see his off the ball running and work is very very poor, has a bad habbit of giving the ball away in dangerous areas and when tries to get it back gives away a free kick. Was supposed to be leaving Liverpool last summer but had no offers.. once again speaks volumes, Rafa couldnt sell him, all of a suddden becomes his favorite player pre-season.. I watched every pre-season game and i saw nothing.. Alonsos replacement.. I think not, but reported to be in Benitez's eyes..

On to Benitez.. brought us a second place last season when we should have won it, his negativity at home cost us the title, picking up 4 points from 15 against teams like Stoke, Hull, Fulham and West Ham.. plays one up front, stifles open play with defensive instructions and makes serious judgements of error..

Had a spring board to go on from this season but once again has choosen the wrong tactics and never replaced Alonso, who gave Gerrard the chance to play off the front man.. Now there is no player to quickly distribute the ball to Gerrard and instead the balls goes sidewards and backwards..

As for the spirt of shankly.. what a joke they are.. socialism for football.. great just what we need.. i saw first hand what socialism did to our great city in the 80's and i dont want it anywhere near my club..

You must have a short memory as we ran Arsenal close to the title in 2001-02, but we finished 5th the next season and then 4th the season after which cost Houiller his job..

How many games does it take for the rose tinted 2005 loving brigade to realise Benitez doesnt have the capacity to take us on to the League Title.. ten points adrift by October is very bad, Utd and Chelsea are very strong and City have the strength to mount a challange to the traditional big 4..

You cant win a title in the first 3 months but you can loose one..

The players look lost, Torres, Gerrard and Carragher look despondent, there is a lack of unity and those as the main players of the team look unhappy with decisions made on the field of play..

He wont get sacked, as Bulldog has mentioned it will cost us ?20m to get rid.. But we will end up with nothing this year when it promised so much.. He's had his time to prove his worth and he's failed to deliver.. He took over in 2004 and we are no closer to winning the league now than we were then..

?229m he's spent since coming to Anfield and what world class players have we to show for it..???

Torres & Renia

Compare that to the spending of Utd, Chelsea and City and then compare their players

maca
22nd October, 2009, 05:24 PM

~~~~ sake thats rich coming from a team that play in a shit pit
and have a wigwam in the ~~~~in car park. then again got to store them socks some where hey lad...

opsmonkey
22nd October, 2009, 05:39 PM
who let the blue shite inbred into the thread..? he cant even spell..

"yous la.. am dead thick me like lad.. got a spare bifta.? me ma robbed me last one.. like me new lacoste trackie..? got it from twinny the icey la.. not jarge dis lad.. evertonian me lad.. never been tho cant afford it, jus watch it down the roughy lad with me dar.. anyway laters lad im off to give me sista one"

kLiNiKaL
22nd October, 2009, 05:40 PM
YANKS OUT!!! ARABS IN!!

never thought i'd say that lmaoo

TheGodfather
22nd October, 2009, 05:49 PM
@BD

Kuyt doesn't *just* run around alot, but focassing on that point a minute, his energy is VERY usefull in closing down other players, and on the counter. He has excellent form in the UCL, he is generally an excellent team player. He's scored a few goals and your forgetting most the time he doesn't play in a striking role, he has had a few good assists. As well as all this he is very passionate for liverpool which helps alot.

And Masc isn't going anywhere

apd
22nd October, 2009, 05:51 PM
who let the blue shite inbred into the thread..? he cant even spell..

"yous la.. am dead thick me like lad.. got a spare bifta.? me ma robbed me last one.. like me new lacoste trackie..? got it from twinny the icey la.. not jarge dis lad.. evertonian me lad.. never been tho cant afford it, jus watch it down the roughy lad with me dar.. anyway laters lad im off to give me sista one"

Haha is right lid yer pyar bell whiff

Nah in all seriousness skid yous murderers are doooomed

So kiss me mars rat lid.

Bulld0g
22nd October, 2009, 05:56 PM
@BD

Kuyt doesn't *just* run around alot, but focassing on that point a minute, his energy is VERY usefull in closing down other players, and on the counter. He has excellent form in the UCL, he is generally an excellent team player. He's scored a few goals and your forgetting most the time he doesn't play in a striking role, he has had a few good assists. As well as all this he is very passionate for liverpool which helps alot.

And Masc isn't going anywhere

So given an open teamsheet and the option to buy anyone you want, would you have him in your team. IMHO he is typical of what we've come to expect at Liverpool in recent years. An average player who the fans think is above average.
Dalglish, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres and Kuyt. Spot the very odd one out.

opsmonkey
22nd October, 2009, 06:04 PM
40 goals in Holland in one season..!! I reckon i'd get at least 20 if thats the level over there.. cant score and couldnt make it as a striker so now retraded as a winger.. great..

runs his legs off every game.. so would a greyhound but i wouldnt fancy that getting a start..

By the way most Kuyt lovers are armchair fans who lap up the shite spouted by messers Grey and Redknapp..

TheGodfather
22nd October, 2009, 06:04 PM
So given an open teamsheet and the option to buy anyone you want, would you have him in your team. IMHO he is typical of what we've come to expect at Liverpool in recent years. An average player who the fans think is above average.
Dalglish, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres and Kuyt. Spot the very odd one out.

Owen judas **** :)

--

@ops

I think your a typical main stander who goes to eat their prawn sandwiches.

I had a season ticket at LFC season before last, went to all away games and european aways, i had a motorbike accident last year preventing me from going that season, this season ive been looking for a job and had family issues, watching at the TV isn't my choice, id much rather be on the KOP giving my support.

Lucas can't pass to a red shirt? Remembered posting this a while ago, just dugg it up. His pass rates were better than those of gerrard and everyother player in the team.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 21-09, 22:18 TheGodfather http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/misc/menu_open.gif Options View Profile (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/75587-thegodfather/) View all messages posted by TheGodfather (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&cbu=75587) Go to last message posted by TheGodfather (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?ccbfind=75587) Locate this message in Archive (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?ccbloc=182924) Spurs:- Lucas: Attempted: 37/Completed: 36 Percentage of Completion: 97.2% Spurs:- Lucas: Attempted: 37/Completed: 36 Percentage of Completion: 97.2%
Edit (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc#)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 21-09, 22:18 TheGodfather http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/misc/menu_open.gif Options View Profile (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/75587-thegodfather/) View all messages posted by TheGodfather (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&cbu=75587) Go to last message posted by TheGodfather (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?ccbfind=75587) Locate this message in Archive (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?ccbloc=182923) Stoke:- Lucas: Attempted: 57/Completed: 53 Percentage of Completion: 92.9% Stoke:- Lucas: Attempted: 57/Completed: 53 Percentage of Completion: 92.9%
Edit (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc#)

21-09, 22:17 TheGodfather http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/misc/menu_open.gif Options View Profile (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/75587-thegodfather/) View all messages posted by TheGodfather (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&cbu=75587) Go to last message posted by TheGodfather (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?ccbfind=75587) Locate this message in Archive (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/misc.php?ccbloc=182922) Villa:- Lucas: Passes Attempted: 35/Completed: 32. Percentage of Completion: 91%

Bulld0g
22nd October, 2009, 06:09 PM
Haha is right lid yer pyar bell whiff

Nah in all seriousness skid yous murderers are doooomed

So kiss me mars rat lid.

Seriously, how old are you ? Does your mum know your using her computer.

opsmonkey
22nd October, 2009, 06:11 PM
whatever TGF im not getting into a pissing contest about where you used to sit in the ground.. Good luck with the job search.. by the way the Kop is full of day trippers from out of town

TheGodfather
22nd October, 2009, 06:13 PM
Im not getting into a pissing contest. Were on one team, just show some support

Bulld0g
22nd October, 2009, 06:15 PM
@TGF I know m8 i can't stand Owen myself :) I honestly can't believe anyone rates Kuyt and Lucas and thinks they're anything near average players. Stats stats and more lies ;)

dctyper
22nd October, 2009, 06:31 PM
kuyt is a great player, lucas is a bit poo but he is getting better. im afraid guys, we have to do the best with what we have got at the mo

Bulld0g
22nd October, 2009, 06:34 PM
kuyt is a great player, lucas is a bit poo but he is getting better. im afraid guys, we have to do the best with what we have got at the mo

Well we agree on one thing then. We've got to make do with what we've got.

opsmonkey
22nd October, 2009, 06:39 PM
would lucas or kuyt be regular starters for Man Utd..? Chelsea..? Arsenal..? or even Man City..? No they wouldn't so why are they 'good' enough for us..

ruudvandan
22nd October, 2009, 07:02 PM
would lucas or kuyt be regular starters for Man Utd..? Chelsea..? Arsenal..? or even Man City..? No they wouldn't so why are they 'good' enough for us..

Ops, I am pleased to see that a Liverpool fan has a grasp on reality for once. As a United fan all I hear about from Liverpool fans is about how many top players they have and how tye're underachieving.

I'm a United fan, and the only Liverpool players I'd have at United are Gerrard, Torres, and Reina after Van der Saar retires. Every other player would weaken the side, even Carragher - he's good but not world class, he wouldn't get in the United team over Vidic and Ferdinand, nor would get get in the Chelsea team over Terry or Carvalho.

Alonso was good, but now he's gone and Johnson looks like he's developing into a very good player indeed, but look at the other players Rafa's signed over the years and theres the problem:

Pennant, Bellamy, Crouch, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Babel, Kuyt, Skrtl, Agger and the list goes on.

None of these players are anywhere near good enough to get into the United or Chelsea team so how can Liverpool expect to compete with them?

Don't get me wrong, I think Rafa is a fantastic manager, I really do. To achieve what he has with the quality of players he has had is amazing. Just imagine what he could do with top players! His obvious flaw is his ability in the transfer market. I suppose whast I am trying to say is that he is an ideal manager for the Continental system where a director of football buys the players and he uses what he gets given, so maybe Liverpool should look down this route for the future?

wongers
22nd October, 2009, 07:08 PM
dont always agree wth you ops but spot on there