PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

lfc4life
4th May, 2012, 03:54 PM
The scale of Fenways challenge at Liverpool becomes clear | This Is Anfield (http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/05/the-scale-of-fenways-challenge-at-liverpool-becomes-clear/) <<< this makes interesting reading .....

johnboy1974
4th May, 2012, 04:16 PM
What's chances of Torres being the villain of the party and scoring the winning goal.

Bulld0g
4th May, 2012, 06:31 PM
Probably very short odds John.

Wolfpack
4th May, 2012, 09:07 PM
What's the chances Torres misses the goal?

Wolfpack
4th May, 2012, 09:09 PM
No matter what our differences are about the direction Liverpool FC should take I would like to say we all should stand together and watch Liverpool beat Chelsea for the FA cup.

Wolfpack
4th May, 2012, 09:15 PM
Liverpool linked with Dempsey | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7729290/Liverpool-linked-with-Dempsey)

Hope we do get him he would do well at liverpool

I would love to see Dempsey but i heard he was looking for a team playing CL football. Liverpool first need to get rid of Downing and Adam and Loan out Henderson. I heard Aquilani will be back in the team next year.

Bulld0g
4th May, 2012, 09:17 PM
:banghead: ffs wolfy give it a rest just until at least tomorrow night then slag off till your hearts content again :boring:

lfc4life
4th May, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cant wait for the game tomorrow !!! GUNNA be epic YNWA :0)

khan07958
4th May, 2012, 11:15 PM
Should be a great game tomorrow, hopefully we will win as usually have a good record in finals!
YNWA

Rscab
4th May, 2012, 11:32 PM
But..we are not any other club, we not like any other club

we are

LIVERPOOL FOOTBAL CLUB

our standards are not like any other club...
we have our own standards....its just going downhill, every season...i cant beleive some of our fans are happy with these crappy cups...so what if its a world famous cup....to LFC is just a normal cup

WTF - crappy cups - there cups

so u don't what us 2 win 2moz???

I'd settle for 2 Finals every year

as 4 "thats goin down hill"??? what mountain r u on

be nice to win the Prem but were not good enough yet

but we will get there - just need that bit extra quality up front

Lets just hope the lads r up 4 it 2moz

YNWA

lfc4life
4th May, 2012, 11:35 PM
the lads will be !!!

khan07958
5th May, 2012, 12:05 AM
WTF - crappy cups - there cups

so u don't what us 2 win 2moz???

I'd settle for 2 Finals every year

as 4 "thats goin down hill"??? what mountain r u on

be nice to win the Prem but were not good enough yet

but we will get there - just need that bit extra quality up front

Lets just hope the lads r up 4 it 2moz

YNWA

Lets be honest here our standard once upon a time was to win League titles and European Cups.
The cups are good to have but our standards are really dropping over the yrs.
Whats next?
Finishing above Everton for a season to be a success?
I am not saying we should reject any silverware as always Liverpool Club is in a competition to win it.
As the great shankly said himself, when he built the empire first said these words, "If you are first you are first, if you are second you are nothing."
Thats the principle our club was built on!

mtv1
5th May, 2012, 12:14 AM
Lets be honest here our standard once upon a time was to win League titles and European Cups.
The cups are good to have but our standards are really dropping over the yrs.
Whats next?
Finishing above Everton for a season to be a success?
I am not saying we should reject any silverware as always Liverpool Club is in a competition to win it.
As the great shankly said himself, when he built the empire first said these words, "If you are first you are first, if you are second you are nothing."
Thats the principle our club was built on!

yeah cmon THE LEEDS
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/569-mtv1/albums/mtv1-aka-stigs-album/4270-user864-pic179-1213639076-thumb.jpg

Wolfpack
5th May, 2012, 12:21 AM
:banghead: ffs wolfy give it a rest just until at least tomorrow night then slag off till your hearts content again :boring:

All i ever want is what would be good for Liverpool. What i see as wanting someone held accountable for the poor showing of the club this year. You see as not being a loyal supporter.

southpaw
5th May, 2012, 08:09 AM
Good luck wishes from a bitter here, hopefully the game will be won with football an not a dodgy decision or mistake, btw, to not loose a domestic cup game throughout the whole season is some achievement, must be frustraring for you lot when ya lads cant up it against the lesser teams in the league, i just gutted everton grew a pair a week too late or it could be us today, nevertheless enjoy your big day an no doubt you will put the chelsea "supporters" to shame today

hscbaj
5th May, 2012, 09:31 AM
I miss FA Cup final saturdays being special, though ESPN appear to be making an attempt at recreating the good old days

lfc4life
5th May, 2012, 12:44 PM
COME ON LIVERPOOL .... NO GUTS NO GLORY !!! :) :) :)

YNWA

scottymo76
5th May, 2012, 01:03 PM
I miss FA Cup final saturdays being special, though ESPN appear to be making an attempt at recreating the good old days

I seem to remember there being a Cup Final Question Of Sport on about 12-ish.

Back in the day when the cups mattered.

shakeriz
5th May, 2012, 01:39 PM
I seem to remember there being a Cup Final Question Of Sport on about 12-ish.

Back in the day when the cups mattered.

Yee i agree with you.

lfc4life
5th May, 2012, 05:08 PM
THIS CUP STILL MATTERS WIND YA NECK IN YNWA!!! COME ON LIVERPOOL !!!

lfc4life
5th May, 2012, 07:19 PM
****ing awful showing ..., ironic that carroll was the standout guy !!! first half cost us dear ! never showed the passion we needed! and got we deserved ynwa

Wolfpack
5th May, 2012, 07:24 PM
What can i say Kenny blew it. His line up and tactics were bad! First half he change the formation 3 times and nothing worked. Second half takes off Spearing and forces Gerrard to play to deep then takes off Bellamy instead of Downing. Bellamy was not happy coming off. Carroll had the best game of his life in a Liverpool jersey. No matter what Liverpool played with heart in the second half but Petr Ceck came up big in the end Liverpool only played a 1/2 of game.

andy1967
5th May, 2012, 07:27 PM
This game today proves Carroll is not a problem at LFC but providers of ball to him are not good enough, great player and should of started today and not used as a sub.

Wolfpack
5th May, 2012, 07:40 PM
This game today proves Carroll is not a problem at LFC but providers of ball to him are not good enough, great player and should of started today and not used as a sub.

I have said that about Carroll all year! Downing and Adam this year couldn't hit the side of a barn with their crosses

Monty31ot
5th May, 2012, 07:53 PM
Chelseas quality won it in the end for me and they bossed it for 60 minutes. We showed some passion for the last 20 minutes or so but we needed it first half not in the last quarter. Chelsea have class players like Matta and Ramires and we lack the same quality so its no surprising we lost.

aakg94
5th May, 2012, 08:11 PM
By right the goal was supposed to be disallowed ,but carroll really step up tonight.Chelsea deserved to win.

scottymo76
6th May, 2012, 08:46 AM
I didn't actually think Chelsea were that great.

Liverpool were simply tactically inept and had shoddy defending from Enrique and Skrtel respectively.

Gerrard is never a sitting midfielder and a blind man could see that Suarez was going to be isolated.

Dalglish must take most of the blame for the tactics whilst the players, in some cases, aren't really good enough.

If any other manager had lost 8 in 14 he'd be hounded.

I just don't get this misplaced faith that it'll be better next season.

Pool's rivals will sign big with the lure of title challenges and CL football. Liverpool have neither the finance nor allure of those 2 carrots to compete for the players they sorely need.

Hard hard times for an ailing giant and sad to see.

FSG need to make a bold move to save there investment as they are ?50m down and counting.

lfc4life
6th May, 2012, 10:33 AM
I do hope the linesman from yesterdays game can sleep at night and does not get any untoward abuse!!!

alom5
6th May, 2012, 12:56 PM
I do hope the linesman from yesterdays game can sleep at night and does not get any untoward abuse!!!

I don't think the linesman will have any problems sleeping at night our day...he made a fantastic and correct decision.

Easy to criticise them when they get them wrong...but this one was spot on.

All of the ball OVER all of the line is the rule and you will find all of the ball was not over all of the line.

mast
6th May, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hi

I so much wanted it to be a goal, the one time I wanted the linesman to get it wrong they get it right. It took me a while to accept that it wasnt a goal but credit to the linesman it was the correct decision.

Got to say though Ive tried to stay out of for kenny v anti kenny posts and I myself was for kenny but I tink we will need a mass overhaul in the summer and that includes kenny. He is getting the tactics, team selections and decision making so wrong.

Carrol just about can get another season but just cannot see any potential in Henderson, him along with Downing have got to go along with a few others.

Also the players we want to keep will end up wanting to go cos they want to play for better teams than dare I say LFC at the moment. We just are not showing anything to convince players to want to stay or convince to join us.

Regards

lfc4life
6th May, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hi

I so much wanted it to be a goal, the one time I wanted the linesman to get it wrong they get it right. It took me a while to accept that it wasnt a goal but credit to the linesman it was the correct decision.

Got to say though Ive tried to stay out of for kenny v anti kenny posts and I myself was for kenny but I tink we will need a mass overhaul in the summer and that includes kenny. He is getting the tactics, team selections and decision making so wrong.

Carrol just about can get another season but just cannot see any potential in Henderson, him along with Downing have got to go along with a few others.

Also the players we want to keep will end up wanting to go cos they want to play for better teams than dare I say LFC at the moment. We just are not showing anything to convince players to want to stay or convince to join us.

Regards

:goodpost:

well said

Bulld0g
6th May, 2012, 03:54 PM
The better team won. No complaints, we didn't start playing until the last half hour.

lfc4life
6th May, 2012, 03:57 PM
The better team won. No complaints, we didn't start playing until the last half hour.

The team should have learned from the semi final .... you cant win playing sideways football! which we did for long peierods in the first half! reina was at fault for the first goal to all to easy for chavski!

Surely now downing and henderson will be leaving ?? :puke:

SIMPLY THE BEST
6th May, 2012, 04:04 PM
The team should have learned from the semi final .... you cant win playing sideways football! which we did for long peierods in the first half! reina was at fault for the first goal to all to easy for chavski!

Surely now downing and henderson will be leaving ?? :puke:

King Kenny will get it right just needs a bit more time and more passion from the players

lfc4life
6th May, 2012, 04:59 PM
King Kenny will get it right just needs a bit more time and more passion from the players

How long is a piece of string .....

opsmonkey
6th May, 2012, 05:06 PM
In the same way I never forgave Benitez for throwing the league away in January of 09 I'll never forgive Dalglish for his starting 11 yesterday.

Fantastic day out spoilt by a cataclysmic starting selection.

Gerrard doesn't trust Henderson so can't fire forward, Spearing isn't ready for this level and Downing is the greyest man I've ever seen.

Never will we play a Chelsea side as bad as that again and lose.

Reina can **** off as well the useless shit, he's cost us so much this season, needs to up his game or jog on

My view from yesterday

Wolfpack
6th May, 2012, 08:44 PM
The one thing i can't believe is Kenny keeps playing Downing and Henderson and if he could Adam would have been out their too. He played a stronger team against Norwich. Couldn't he tell putting that lineup out their forced Gerrard to play holding midfield? To top it off he blamed the lost on "nerves and inexperience"

SIMPLY THE BEST
6th May, 2012, 08:59 PM
Just remember how long it took ferguson to awake the sleeping giant keep the faith.

khan07958
6th May, 2012, 09:23 PM
Extremely disappointed by the performance yesterday, for the first 60 Min's we were dire.
Last to the ball,poor passing,poor tactics,team selection etc.
I have no idea how we could have a set up of Henderson and Spearing in central midfield as a result we were overrun, this was a key area which totally cost us.
The players just did not perform and only played well when Carrol came on and played like a 35 million pound striker.
He was just immense whether that was attacking or defending played his heart out.
Hopefully we will see some major changes starting with Kenny, for me he is still stuck in the 80S.
Unfortunately was hoping it would work out better for him, just has not happened.

mast
6th May, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hi

Reina has been getting beaten too easily, seems to only save things that is straight at him literarly.

Carrol really played his heart out when he came on was determined to win every ball and the footwork for the goal was impressive....... wish he had that desire a lot earlier in the season.

Regards

lfc4life
6th May, 2012, 10:43 PM
on a lighter note ... ITS great knowing this time next WEEK .... The scum will have lost the title!!!

Shady
6th May, 2012, 10:44 PM
and you know that how? draw for mancity next week.. and win for manu means manu win it... you KNOW nothing, you HOPE....

gazz10
6th May, 2012, 10:45 PM
and you know that how? draw for mancity next week.. and win for manu means manu win it... you KNOW nothing, you HOPE....

utd put 8 past sunderland and city win..

fergie happy chappy. lol

khan07958
6th May, 2012, 10:45 PM
Hi

Reina has been getting beaten too easily, seems to only save things that is straight at him literarly.

Carrol really played his heart out when he came on was determined to win every ball and the footwork for the goal was impressive....... wish he had that desire a lot earlier in the season.

Regards

Totally agree mate, Reina has played like a player who does not want to be at the club.
Feel this could be due to no champions league, he has been a great player over the yrs.
However no one is bigger than the club!

mast
6th May, 2012, 10:46 PM
on a lighter note ... ITS great knowing this time next WEEK .... The scum will have lost the title!!!

Ohhhh Yesssssss!!!!! :)

mast
6th May, 2012, 10:48 PM
Totally agree mate, Reina has played like a player who does not want to be at the club.
Feel this could be due to no champions league, he has been a great player over the yrs.
However no one is bigger than the club!

Yeh at times his body language seems to say hes gonna be off.

andy1967
6th May, 2012, 11:43 PM

On a lighter point, UTD 86, LFC 49, great ain't it Sam. GD LFC on 5 and The Champions UTD are on 55. Hope you stay by the same team next season Sam.

opsmonkey
7th May, 2012, 01:03 PM

couldn't really care what Utd do, neither should you tbh

gc1966
8th May, 2012, 04:55 PM
there is always next season

lfc4life
8th May, 2012, 10:21 PM
FINALLY takes all season but this is the way forward !!! well done 4-1 :))) ynwa

Wolfpack
9th May, 2012, 05:58 PM
Liverpool played good but Chelsea handed them the game. Terry looked like a old man out there. I don't understand why they didn't try since they aren't quarantine a CL spot next year. Maybe they bet heavy on the game.

wongers
9th May, 2012, 06:47 PM
finished on a high note and STILL no praise from you chelsea didn't hand us the game the were thrashed ffs :banghead:...who's in quarentine

zee24
10th May, 2012, 11:21 PM
Ok ive been getting quite a few txts of people saying KD is stepping down after the Swansea game and has told the players already after cancelling today's press conference.... anyone else heard this?

Don't shoot the messenger

zee24
10th May, 2012, 11:23 PM
by the way if you havn't seen it already heres what our new home shirt looks like

New Liverpool Warrior Home Shirt 12/13 - Football Shirts News (http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/new-liverpool-warrior-home-shirt_15597)

what a pile of shite, looks more like polo shirt youd wear in training, glad it's only for 1 season

zee24
11th May, 2012, 12:20 AM
http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/homekitfront500.jpg

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/homeback500.jpg

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/homeshorts500.jpg

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/homesocks500.jpg

davethedappa
11th May, 2012, 12:24 AM
i can't believe you dont like the new top, each to their own. mind you glad it dont look as bad as man utd top. any one for a picnic lol.

zee24
11th May, 2012, 12:56 AM
Only things i like about it is the crest and colour lol

zee24
11th May, 2012, 12:59 AM
@davethedappa jeeeeeeeeeeeebus i thought ours was bad your right Utd's looks far worse lol

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Leaked-Man-Utd-Gingham-Shirt-2013.jpg

i guess you could use it to dress a table or drying the dishes lol

zee24
11th May, 2012, 01:57 AM
The new Liverpool FC 12/13 home kit behind scenes - YouTube

Wolfpack
11th May, 2012, 02:29 PM
Ok ive been getting quite a few txts of people saying KD is stepping down after the Swansea game and has told the players already after cancelling today's press conference.... anyone else heard this?

There is no shame stepping down.

andy91
11th May, 2012, 07:44 PM
BBC Sport - Liverpool kit launch sparks anger among Hillsborough families (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18033752)

New shirt has upset a few people.
Whats your opinion?
Should they contact relatives of Hillborough?
Funny one for me,my opinion they havent done anything wrong and the emblem is still on the shirt.

Andy.

Bulld0g
11th May, 2012, 07:45 PM

Yes i've had the same texts that are doing the rounds :boring: I think it was the same fella who said Rafas wife told everyone she was resigning from her golf club and leaving Liverpool Eighteen months before they actually did lol

Bulld0g
11th May, 2012, 07:51 PM
BBC Sport - Liverpool kit launch sparks anger among Hillsborough families (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18033752)

Whats your opinion?
Funny one for me,my opinion they havent done anything wrong and the emblem is still on the shirt.

Andy.

I think the problem is the division of the families and not the design of the shirt.

Wolfpack
12th May, 2012, 03:04 PM
The New shirt looks OK. The only problem is it's a Golf shirt.

zee24
12th May, 2012, 04:21 PM
I don't like it but i wan't to see it properly before i decide whether to buy it or not. Glad it's only for a season, intrgued to see what the away ones like

koppit
12th May, 2012, 05:07 PM
@davethedappa jeeeeeeeeeeeebus i thought ours was bad your right Utd's looks far worse lol

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Leaked-Man-Utd-Gingham-Shirt-2013.jpg

i guess you could use it to dress a table or drying the dishes lol

the best thing stevie wonders done for a long time methinks

Wolfpack
12th May, 2012, 06:51 PM
Is this guy high!
Kenny Dalglish will keep faith with his Liverpool flops - ESPN Soccernet (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1068906/kenny-dalglish-will-keep-faith-with-his-liverpool-flops?cc=5901)

lfc4life
12th May, 2012, 08:26 PM

Whats your opinion?

Andy.

I do like the shirt .... but why not have 5 gold stars under the badge to represent the champions league trophy wins :) just saying ynwa

zee24
12th May, 2012, 11:05 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/485809_10150954747037238_163578457237_11797051_187 1498250_n.jpg

now this is more like it

dctyper
13th May, 2012, 12:58 PM
the match today is on c+sport on 19e and 13e but it says multicast.

ive checked the epg and it says rugby!!! where will i find it?

dc

dctyper
13th May, 2012, 03:06 PM
so the match has started but i cant find it. anyone?

dc

Bulld0g
13th May, 2012, 03:10 PM
4.8 Viasat Xtra PL7

dctyper
13th May, 2012, 03:18 PM
only got 13 and 19e

dc

Bulld0g
13th May, 2012, 03:19 PM
C+ France HD ? on 19E

dctyper
13th May, 2012, 03:24 PM
qpr mancity

dc

Wolfpack
13th May, 2012, 06:50 PM
Today's game was a fitting end to the season.

Monty31ot
13th May, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hmmm where do we go from here.

Bulld0g
13th May, 2012, 07:13 PM
Today's game was a fitting end to the season.

See you next season you little bundle of fun you:)

Bulld0g
13th May, 2012, 07:16 PM
Hmmm where do we go from here.

We go into August and a new season :party:

Wolfpack
13th May, 2012, 09:38 PM
See you next season you little bundle of fun you:)

I can't wait.

john1509
13th May, 2012, 10:16 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s320x320/181258_444568398889731_100000097252230_1787639_197 6603005_n.jpg

jordigirl
15th May, 2012, 01:37 PM
:eek: king kenny has abdicated :eek:

fitting end to a crap season

lfc4life
15th May, 2012, 03:49 PM

Not entirely true ... been no confirmation he has been !!! But he could not be surprised if he was ???

ynwa

andy1967
15th May, 2012, 04:36 PM

I hope he stays, who is out there? Ive heard AVB or Martinez or Brendan Rodgers who has said he wants time before he goes to a big club and to be honest the first 2 names I mentioned if they go with any of them then surely they will get treated like Hodgson did.

jordigirl
15th May, 2012, 04:37 PM
well skysports news is now reporting the rumours of him having left. so must be summit in it :p

Bulld0g
15th May, 2012, 05:10 PM
Well if Sky said it then it must be true :boring:

jordigirl
15th May, 2012, 05:35 PM
oh shaddap bd :p he's been sacked cos he did a crap job lol

Bulld0g
15th May, 2012, 05:42 PM
Oh sorry didn't realise you were the first to be told. We have had a bad season and people are talking about the manager getting the sack lol most other clubs would be giving their manager a longer contract, but then again we're not just any other club.

BTW Jo see you in the Europa cup next season lol As i said our standards are such that our failure this season would be a success to other clubs.

wongers
15th May, 2012, 06:51 PM
well skysports news is now reporting the rumours of him having left. so must be summit in it :p

well you were wrong about getting in to the champions league so why would we believe you about kenny, i bet you would have loved to achieve what we did this season and its been very poor by our standards then again, big clubs and little clubs.:D

zee24
15th May, 2012, 10:04 PM
Kenny Dalglish rings Alex Ferguson after Man City win the Premier League - YouTube

piopat
16th May, 2012, 03:03 AM
Kenny Dalglish rings Alex Ferguson after Man City win the Premier League - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkchDf3doW8)

zee mate thanks for posting that video i needed a a good laugh after this season ,im still chuckling ha ha thank you .

Monty31ot
16th May, 2012, 09:36 AM
"Sources close to Dalglish were informed on his return from Boston that
discussions hadn't gone well.

The Americans, it was suggested, had explored the possibility of a different role with the Scot, that relieved him of his managerial duties.

That was turned down flat.

Despite rumours to the contrary, Dalglish didn't quit either.

The meeting broke with the manager making it clear that he wanted to remain in the job, but required unequivocal support to do so.

He was told the review would continue and a decision would be reached about the future as soon as possible.

That decision, though, may not arrive until Friday."

Kenny Dalglish latest: Meeting with Liverpool owners said not to have gone well included suggestion Dalglish give up manager role for new position - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-latest-meeting-with-liverpool-834833)

If theres any truth in this report then its clear the owners don't back him if thats the case then Kenny will probably walk anyway ?

lfc4life
16th May, 2012, 11:12 AM
"Sources close to Dalglish were informed on his return from Boston that
discussions hadn't gone well.

The Americans, it was suggested, had explored the possibility of a different role with the Scot, that relieved him of his managerial duties.

That was turned down flat.

Despite rumours to the contrary, Dalglish didn't quit either.

The meeting broke with the manager making it clear that he wanted to remain in the job, but required unequivocal support to do so.

He was told the review would continue and a decision would be reached about the future as soon as possible.

That decision, though, may not arrive until Friday."

Kenny Dalglish latest: Meeting with Liverpool owners said not to have gone well included suggestion Dalglish give up manager role for new position - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-latest-meeting-with-liverpool-834833)

If theres any truth in this report then its clear the owners don't back him if thats the case then Kenny will probably walk anyway ?

Dalglish has always said he would not walk away !!! :top: But after a pretty poor season what does he expect ? I still think he will survive :aetsch:

zee24
16th May, 2012, 04:33 PM
KD has left his post as club manager

Bulld0g
16th May, 2012, 04:39 PM
Sad day for our club, sacking a manager after a season, WTF are we Chelsea :dontknow: who is going to replace him? I hope to ~~~~ it's not a no mark like Martinez. ~~~~in gutted personally that he's been sacked. it's a backward step :(

khan07958
16th May, 2012, 05:54 PM
Not surprised Kenny was sacked, it was always on the cards after a poor season.
Since Jan we have been dire in the premiership, with record lowest points tally, wins at home etc.
For me not enough progress was shown and was the correct decision as Kenny could not keep using excuses such as hitting post or bad luck all through the season, the bottom line was something is fundamentally wrong and paid the price.
Hopefully we will get a young talented coach in and see some progress next year.
The owners have shown no one is bigger than the club!

jordigirl
16th May, 2012, 06:03 PM
:hmmmm: looks like a was right after all lol

Bulld0g
16th May, 2012, 06:13 PM
Not surprised Kenny was sacked, it was always on the cards after a poor season.
Since Jan we have been dire in the premiership, with record lowest points tally, wins at home etc.
For me not enough progress was shown and was the correct decision as Kenny could not keep using excuses such as hitting post or bad luck all through the season, the bottom line was something is fundamentally wrong and paid the price.
Hopefully we will get a young talented coach in and see some progress next year.
The owners have shown no one is bigger than the club!

You really think a young talented manager is the answer? No, we need an experienced proven big name manager.

spondulick
16th May, 2012, 06:14 PM
Sad day for our club, sacking a manager after a season, WTF are we Chelsea :dontknow: who is going to replace him? I hope to ~~~~ it's not a no mark like Martinez. ~~~~in gutted personally that he's been sacked. it's a backward step :( you lot seem to have short memories i dont know but i can guess that roy hodgson's record at the club wasn't much worse. or was it better?and look how long he lasted dalglish was a great player but sadly in the modern game a crap manager.perhaps alex would be suitable to take the vacancy.

jordigirl
16th May, 2012, 06:15 PM
could always try digging up bill shankly - may bring back ya glory days we him lol

Bulld0g
16th May, 2012, 06:20 PM
you lot seem to have short memories i dont know but i can guess that roy hodgson's record at the club wasn't much worse. or was it better?and look how long he lasted dalglish was a great player but sadly in the modern game a crap manager.perhaps alex would be suitable to take the vacancy.

Your the one with a short memory, don't believe all you read, football didn't really start when you won the prem it was around way before that. Dalglish is the only man to win the double as player manager and he has also won the League with Two different clubs, the second time was just after football began. Crap manager? ridiculous comment.

wongers
16th May, 2012, 06:53 PM
can't believe some of the nonsense posted on her usually from people who don't even support liverpool, some who's teams have won ~~~~ all for years but still have the temerity to think they know it all ,gutted the king has gone but in these days of instant success i'm not surprised, we have to get a proven manager in not a rookie flash in the pan one, obviously in this day and age winning a cup means nothing to the owners

lfc4life
16th May, 2012, 07:30 PM
you lot seem to have short memories i dont know but i can guess that roy hodgson's record at the club wasn't much worse. or was it better?and look how long he lasted dalglish was a great player but sadly in the modern game a crap manager.perhaps alex would be suitable to take the vacancy.

Remind me what wobbly has ever won ??? :hahaha:

lfc4life
16th May, 2012, 07:31 PM
You really think a young talented manager is the answer? No, we need an experienced proven big name manager.

I agree BD we need a manager with a rep that is world class and has actually won silverware !! :top:

zee24
16th May, 2012, 07:40 PM

we need a manager that will be around for sometime, Capello or Van Gaal are great manager with experience but will not be around for too long. My personal preference is Pep but can't see that happening.

spondulick
16th May, 2012, 07:59 PM
Your the one with a short memory, don't believe all you read, football didn't really start when you won the prem it was around way before that. Dalglish is the only man to win the double as player manager and he has also won the League with Two different clubs, the second time was just after football began. Crap manager? ridiculous comment. bulldog i said in the modern game....ok that's my opinion.he was successful in the past but isnt that when pool were at the hight of there powers, over twenty years ago.

Bulld0g
16th May, 2012, 08:01 PM
bulldog i said in the modern game....ok that's my opinion.he was successful in the past but isnt that when pool were at the hight of there powers, over twenty years ago.

How modern is modern? He won the League in 95

zee24
16th May, 2012, 08:09 PM
he still won a cup and got a final of another competition, if he's not a modern day manger then i don't know what David Moyes is or Woy Hodgeson who have won what??????

spondulick
16th May, 2012, 08:17 PM
just my point management and expectations have changed a lot since 95,now have to compete with city,man u,chelsea,arsenal and spurs.any money he spends has to be spent wisely just to compete with those teams,and and he arguably aint done that,also there was the luis suarez incident wasn't really handled well on all counts,liverpools name was dragged through the shite.not very good when marketing the liverpool product worldwide.

maca
16th May, 2012, 08:18 PM
Cheers kenny liverpool through and through you'll always be king mate.

spondulick
16th May, 2012, 08:18 PM
he still won a cup and got a final of another competition, if he's not a modern day manger then i don't know what David Moyes is or Woy Hodgeson who have won what?????? all about money and how you spend it.

khan07958
16th May, 2012, 08:21 PM

Not many proven managers around that I would want to come in.
A few that I would like are highly unlikely to come to us also FSG policy usually is to install a young manager.
At the moment Martinez seems to be favorite, nor sure he could handle the pressure of winning all the time.

zee24
16th May, 2012, 08:28 PM
Exactly Martinez has done well at the bottom of the league with Wigan just like Woy has done most of his PL career but managing a bigger club up at top end of the league with greater expectations is a different thing altogether.

zee24
16th May, 2012, 08:30 PM
Didn't Suarez say if Kenny goes he does aswell a couple months ago?

khan07958
16th May, 2012, 08:33 PM
Not sure Kloop is a realistic target has done very well in Germany, with a relatively small budget!

mast
16th May, 2012, 10:23 PM
Hi

Just got in and gutted to hear this. Wanted Kenny to be given another season but deep down had a feeling he was out, I said as much a few weeks back that there were gonna be massive changes.

The thing is there is no other manager apart from pep around and dont think he is gonna come here, would be gr8 if he did just the kind of challenge he may be looking for.

As much as I hold Rafa highly I hope we dont go back to him.

Lets see what the next few days brings.

Regards

rob s
16th May, 2012, 10:52 PM
I was going to come in this thread a while ago to compare league positions with spurs as requested by a few members on here but it seems pointless now. I wanted to say though it's a real shame another manager is sacked before given the right amount of time to get results which has happened twice now at Liverpool recently and is something they never did before the American owners took over. I Personally (and I'm sure a lot of you will disagree) didn't think kenny was the answer to Liverpools problem but he should have been given another season without a doubt. It seems Martinez is the favourite but I've heard rumours about Andre villas boas being on the shortlist and he looks like a bright young manager who may have succeeded if given time by Chelsea. Hope they make the right appointment for all the Liverpool fans as I know what it feels like when they don't; juande Ramos, jacque santini, George graham and christian gross spring to mind. Good luck for next season and come on Bayern beat Chelsea and do spurs a favour!!

andy1967
16th May, 2012, 11:07 PM
I was going to come in this thread a while ago to compare league positions with spurs as requested by a few members on here but it seems pointless now. I wanted to say though it's a real shame another manager is sacked before given the right amount of time to get results which has happened twice now at Liverpool recently and is something they never did before the American owners took over. I Personally (and I'm sure a lot of you will disagree) didn't think kenny was the answer to Liverpools problem but he should have been given another season without a doubt. It seems Martinez is the favourite but I've heard rumours about Andre villas boas being on the shortlist and he looks like a bright young manager who may have succeeded if given time by Chelsea. Hope they make the right appointment for all the Liverpool fans as I know what it feels like when they don't; juande Ramos, jacque santini, George graham and christian gross spring to mind. Good luck for next season and come on Bayern beat Chelsea and do spurs a favour!!

How the mighty have fallen m8 and welcome back Rob, 4th is that the best you could do lol What if CFC win on Sat m8 how will your season feel then, top four Rob is that the best you can do :aetsch: lol

rob s
16th May, 2012, 11:15 PM
How the mighty have fallen m8 and welcome back Rob, 4th is that the best you could do lol What if CFC win on Sat m8 how will your season feel then, top four Rob is that the best you can do :aetsch: lol

Thanks for the welcome back mate. Let's be honest the likelihood is they won't win in Munich but if they do 4th is still good when you look at who we are competing with man city, man utd, Chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool they are all clubs with bigger stadiums, bigger wage bill and bigger fan base worldwide so 4th is a great season, but if I'm being completely honest we should have finished 3rd and it was poor to give away an 8 point lead over out biggest local rival but even the best do that ay mate lol
Gotta say again it's a sad day when another manager loses his job due to the impatience shown by 90% of modern football clubs

andy1967
16th May, 2012, 11:21 PM
You left Newcastle out Rob, Everton played well last quater, beat us at home! Enjoy being a top 4 club m8. lol

KDC
16th May, 2012, 11:37 PM
Liverpool fan outside Anfield on tv...

"Problem with Kenny is you should never go back" Reporter:"Who would you have now?" fan:"Rafa Benitez"....lol

Simontorrible
16th May, 2012, 11:56 PM
Kenny Liverpool thru and thru. Been to many games this season and is a good face for the team. Not ruthless enuf in my opinion with his team selections, but players have themselves to blame for not taking points off lesser teams. Jamie c for player manager for me!! Ynwa

mast
17th May, 2012, 09:35 AM
Jamie c for player manager for me!! Ynwa

Hi

Nah m8 cant be serious about Jamie being player manager, hes not ready yet. Maybe an assistant to whoever takes over but deffo not manager yet.

Agree with you Kenny was not ruthless enough at times and do think the players look at themselves cos they have let Kenny down big time.

Regards

zee24
17th May, 2012, 03:45 PM
I can tell you now next season if the players KD bought and heavily relied on which let him down this season, don't perform to they're full potential they will get an ear bashing from the Anfield faithful.

Downing, Carroll, Hendo, Adam will really need to bring they're A-game or they will be next out the door.

Wolfpack
17th May, 2012, 06:40 PM
I can tell you now next season if the players KD bought and heavily relied on which let him down this season, don't perform to they're full potential they will get an ear bashing from the Anfield faithful.

Downing, Carroll, Hendo, Adam will really need to bring they're A-game or they will be next out the door.
Except for Carroll (should be given another chance) i thought they would be. I think Kenny saying he was sticking with those players was the final nail in his coffin. The new manager who ever he is will get rid of the three turkeys for sure.

Shady
17th May, 2012, 07:11 PM
martinez been given permission to hold talks with 'pool

Martinez to meet FSG in Boston for Liverpool talks next week - Goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/17/3109625/martinez-to-meet-fsg-in-boston-for-liverpool-talks-next-week)

zee24
17th May, 2012, 07:43 PM
I can't see any of the so called turkeys leaving. No one would pay the amount we paid for them nor can we afford to lose on them, we can add to the team and as a squad they could come good.

zee24
17th May, 2012, 07:44 PM
martinez been given permission to hold talks with 'pool

Martinez to meet FSG in Boston for Liverpool talks next week - Goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/17/3109625/martinez-to-meet-fsg-in-boston-for-liverpool-talks-next-week)

He won't be the only one they talk to

Wolfpack
17th May, 2012, 08:12 PM
I can't see any of the so called turkeys leaving. No one would pay the amount we paid for them nor can we afford to lose on them, we can add to the team and as a squad they could come good.

I would dump them now when we can still get money before we have to pay someone to take them! And by the way they aren't so called. They are turkeys with Downing being the biggest one of them all!

How about Stuart Pearce as manager.

wongers
17th May, 2012, 08:19 PM
~~~~ sake you've spent all season moaning about kenny and now suggest a self delusional nob like pearce who has won absolutely nothing as manager who got notts. forest relegated was bombed out at man. city and has now been diched by the new england manager as soon as he took over and in actual fact states in his autobiography that he hates liverpool f.c.!!! yea lets take him on f.f.s. i'm sure stevie g. would be delighted to welcome him after he shat on him a few weeks back with england

zee24
17th May, 2012, 08:54 PM
Stuart bleeding Pearce?????? id rather have Avram Grant or what's his face, you know that geezer andy1967 lol

zee24
17th May, 2012, 08:56 PM
Steve Clarke had his resignation turned down by the board

maca
17th May, 2012, 09:03 PM
I would dump them now when we can still get money before we have to pay someone to take them! And by the way they aren't so called. They are turkeys with Downing being the biggest one of them all!

That just about sums you up numb nuts.........

Bulld0g
17th May, 2012, 09:08 PM

WTF :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

~~~~ sake you've spent all season moaning about kenny and now suggest a self delusional nob like pearce who has won absolutely nothing as manager who got notts. forest relegated was bombed out at man. city and has now been diched by the new england manager as soon as he took over and in actual fact states in his autobiography that he hates liverpool f.c.!!! yea lets take him on f.f.s. i'm sure stevie g. would be delighted to welcome him after he shat on him a few weeks back with england

^^^^^^^That^^^^^^^

Wolfpack
17th May, 2012, 10:10 PM
I guess it sums it up. Their is no good English managers. No wonder English teams look abroad for managers. I only made a suggestion since their is such a short list of English personal to fill the job. He didn't do a bad job with the under 21 squad.

cgscott
17th May, 2012, 10:11 PM
Think you'll find some of the best managers in england are scottish.

zee24
17th May, 2012, 10:32 PM
Former Barcelona director of football Txiki Begiristain is expected to take DoF job at Liverpool

Rscab
18th May, 2012, 08:06 PM
That just about sums you up numb nuts.........

FPMSL

And he wanted Kenny out

Wolfpack
18th May, 2012, 08:39 PM
FPMSL

And he wanted Kenny out

Kenny just didn't have it anymore. You can laugh all you want but i was right all season long. I bet Sgerrard hung himself over the firing of Kenny and Bulldog thought of jumping off of Anfield but came to his senses and realized i was right:hahaha:

maca
18th May, 2012, 08:44 PM
Kenny just didn't have it anymore. You can laugh all you want but i was right all season long. I bet Sgerrard hung himself over the firing of Kenny and Bulldog thought of jumping off of Anfield but came to his senses and realized i was right:hahaha:
Shut up ...........

mattybhoy
18th May, 2012, 09:05 PM
Think you'll find some of the best managers in england are scottish.

Alex McLeish

There's always one that disproves it... :D

zee24
18th May, 2012, 09:15 PM
you just made yourself look like a tit by considering Stuart bleeding Pearce

Bulld0g
18th May, 2012, 09:47 PM

Right about what? I've told you before and i'll tell you again, you really don't know what it's like to be a fan. Liverpool is just something you watch on the telly after Jerry Springer. People that shared some of your opinions are embarrassed by your choice of Pearce as our manager :embarassed:

No mate, i was right all along Kenny shouldn't have been sacked, we are in danger of becoming like Newcastle and Chelsea. How long before you start calling for the new mans head if things aren't going the way you want them to? You were calling for Kenny's head after a few games. Stick to Netball and Rounders because your not in touch with our club.

Rscab
18th May, 2012, 11:19 PM

sorry m8

you just hav to live here & live and breath what this club means to us, its not just the club its the ppl - you'll never get it.

lfc4life
19th May, 2012, 09:54 AM
we need a new manager who is top class not club class ... so im glad rodgers has knocked us back ! if martinez gets the job its a step back . But anyway we are the still talk of the media. it would be interesting to see avb maybe get a chance , just saying

Shady
19th May, 2012, 10:00 AM
define 'top class'.
cup winner? u had one.. champs league winner? you had one.... you need a manager full stop.

zee24
19th May, 2012, 11:53 AM
I didn't think it was the right time for Brendan Rodgers to be going to a big club, so credit to him for turning it down as many in his position would have leaped at the chance.

He's done well with Swansea he should carry on doing the same make them an established PL side then try his hand elsewhere. Just say he was offered the LFC job and he took it and it didn't work out well 6 months down the line and he got sacked, then all his hard work he built his name on would go down the drain.

Im a fan of Rodgers this season, his side plays some great football like the LFC of old, from back to front.

I still want Pep as do many fans im sure but slim chance of that happening, but wouldn't mind AVB or Laudrup or having Rafa back.

mattybhoy
19th May, 2012, 12:06 PM
Straw Poll

Out of interest guys - just one name, who would you want (realistically)?

zee24
19th May, 2012, 12:12 PM
Pep Guardiola

southpaw
19th May, 2012, 12:28 PM
My mates uncle who is a scout for lfc says the yanks have approached john barnes as kennys replacement, you heard it here 1st fellas

Wolfpack
19th May, 2012, 12:33 PM
Right about what? I've told you before and i'll tell you again, you really don't know what it's like to be a fan. Liverpool is just something you watch on the telly after Jerry Springer. People that shared some of your opinions are embarrassed by your choice of Pearce as our manager :embarassed:

No mate, i was right all along Kenny shouldn't have been sacked, we are in danger of becoming like Newcastle and Chelsea. How long before you start calling for the new mans head if things aren't going the way you want them to? You were calling for Kenny's head after a few games. Stick to Netball and Rounders because your not in touch with our club.

I'm sure you were leading the charge to get rid of Roy Hodgson. Will you ever get your nose out of Kenny ass.

mattybhoy
19th May, 2012, 12:35 PM
Pep Guardiola

Aye I know, but realistic.

Wolfpack
19th May, 2012, 12:37 PM
you just made yourself look like a tit by considering Stuart bleeding Pearce

I can take it but i was only a suggesting a name that was available. No one though Roy Hodgson would become manager. Wouldn't want atleast someone British to manage the club?

mattybhoy
19th May, 2012, 12:38 PM
My mates uncle who is a scout for lfc says the yanks have approached john barnes as kennys replacement, you heard it here 1st fellas

~~~~ me another one who did a great job finishing miles behind in a two team league! For Liverpool's sake - you don't want him..

Monty31ot
19th May, 2012, 12:59 PM
Kenny should have got another season really taking Liverpool to two finals. Now he's gone the only way out of this mess for me is Raffa who won us the Champions League 05 and Fa Cup 06 and finished us top 4 for four seasons. However I think FSG want a young manager like Pep or AVB so thats the direction they will probably take.

mattybhoy
19th May, 2012, 02:00 PM
Think AVB would be a realistic and good choice. Also would have something to prove which isn't a bad thing.

Bulld0g
19th May, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm sure you were leading the charge to get rid of Roy Hodgson. Will you ever get your nose out of Kenny ass.

Not as long as i bleed Red. Will you ever know what supporting Liverpool means? Maybe you will when i stop bleeding Red.

Bulld0g
19th May, 2012, 02:23 PM
I can take it but i was only a suggesting a name that was available. No one though Roy Hodgson would become manager. Wouldn't want atleast someone British to manage the club?

Just about sums you up. :dontknow:

zee24
19th May, 2012, 05:07 PM
Im suprised Klinsmann aint been mentioned or linked with the job yet.

Carra's on the ITV panel during they're Euros coverage, BBC have Klinsmann and Harry Redknapp.

lfc4life
19th May, 2012, 07:02 PM
define 'top class'.
cup winner? u had one.. champs league winner? you had one.... you need a manager full stop.

well get the bookies favourite then we are ****ed! Bit like brum still are

mattybhoy
19th May, 2012, 07:28 PM
What about 'Sir' Walter Sam? You've sang his praises at length before. Is the Liverpool job big enough for him??

v6micks
19th May, 2012, 07:46 PM
bring king kenny back

Bulld0g
20th May, 2012, 09:47 AM
What about 'Sir' Walter Sam? You've sang his praises at length before. Is the Liverpool job big enough for him??

Surely you don't mean Walter Smith? :roflmao:

Shady
20th May, 2012, 09:56 AM
well get the bookies favourite then we are ****ed! Bit like brum still are

surely you realise that everybody knows you change teams like other people change socks and as such NOBODY respects your opinions?

koppit
20th May, 2012, 10:58 AM

m8 all of us guys here in british land appreciate your expert opinion. god knows how we ever got by without your cheesily cheerful guidance. heres me kicking a ball since i could walk, bunking(thats a scouse term) out of the boys pen into the kop (part of the stadium behind the pitcher), walking to home games, eating breathing and sleeping lfc for fifty years. think i need therapy finding out i know ~~~~ all after all these years

Monty31ot
20th May, 2012, 11:33 AM
AVB to be offered Liverpool job this week.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Football (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/321304)

wongers
20th May, 2012, 01:58 PM
~~~~ me when are we interviewing uncle tom cobbly:D

koppit
20th May, 2012, 02:38 PM
~~~~ me when are we interviewing uncle tom cobbly:D

we should appoint someone who knows football inside and out. Joe Montana or John Elway would be ideal lollol

lfc4life
20th May, 2012, 04:57 PM
surely you realise that everybody knows you change teams like other people change socks and as such NOBODY respects your opinions?

I dont care what you think ... im entitled to my opinion! :aetsch:

Bulld0g
20th May, 2012, 09:20 PM
So what is more important Fourth place or winning a trophy? I think winning a trophy is more important.
Fourth place this season gives you the Europa league. Is finishing 3rd or 4th, 30 points behind the champions more of an achievement than actually winning something? Interested to hear your views on this :)

SIMPLY THE BEST
20th May, 2012, 09:39 PM
So what is more important Fourth place or winning a trophy? I think winning a trophy is more important.
Fourth place this season gives you the Europa league. Is finishing 3rd or 4th, 30 points behind the champions more of an achievement than actually winning something? Interested to hear your views on this :)

If you are happy with winning the odd cup then that's how far the mighty Liverpool have fallen in recent times if that's what makes you happy then so be it, but it's far more prestigious being involved in the champions league as that is gauged as the biggest and best competition in the world nowadays, arguably it's more important than the world cup.

Also how many top managers see the cups as essential over a possible champions league place not many and sadly that's the way of the world nowadays it's all about money.

Bulld0g
20th May, 2012, 09:49 PM
That's why i asked the question m8. Look at my sig it's a quote from Shanks that we exist to WIN trophies. Does that still apply?
I think there's mixed feelings on this and i think that people who go the game may say winning a trophy is better. People who don't go may pick top 4.

I would prefer both, sadly the cups are becoming meaningless.Is it worth entering them? For me a day out and winning a trophy means more than finishing 4th.

SIMPLY THE BEST
20th May, 2012, 10:09 PM
That's why i asked the question m8. Look at my sig it's a quote from Shanks that we exist to WIN trophies. Does that still apply?
I think there's mixed feelings on this and i think that people who go the game may say winning a trophy is better. People who don't go may pick top 4.

I would prefer both, sadly the cups are becoming meaningless.Is it worth entering them? For me a day out and winning a trophy means more than finishing 4th.

Personally i would put the same emphasis in winning a cup as well as competing in the champions league and i would treat every competition with equal enthusiasm, but i am old skool and unfortunately times have changed from when the great Bill Shankly was at his zenith and said that.

But nowadays the yankee dollar rules the roost and more emphasis is put on getting in to the champions league and managers want to compete with the best out there hence some of there dubious squad selections in cups.

When push comes to shove any fan would be happy with a cup win as you say it's a great day out especially if you win.

But i think the fans are being taken for mugs nowadays and they are given a raw deal imho.

Wolfpack
20th May, 2012, 10:29 PM
Personally i would put the same emphasis in winning a cup as well as competing in the champions league and i would treat every competition with equal enthusiasm, but i am old skool and unfortunately times have changed from when the great Bill Shankly was at his zenith and said that.

But nowadays the yankee dollar rules the roost and more emphasis is put on getting in to the champions league and managers want to compete with the best out there hence some of there dubious squad selections in cups.

When push comes to shove any fan would be happy with a cup win as you say it's a great day out especially if you win.

But i think the fans are being taken for mugs nowadays and they are given a raw deal imho.

I hear what you say but Liverpool won the Carling cup If it was the FA i could see what you say. In today's game it's league title and CL football. CL football is almost everything cause of the money it brings and the talent it attracts. The Carling cup win will do neither. So 4th didn't get the CL this year but almost every year it does. I don't want to play only for 4th but with the squad and Kenny questionable managerial skills 4th would have been all we could of got and since Liverpool didn't Kenny got the boot.

Bulld0g
20th May, 2012, 10:36 PM
Why don't you just answer the question and leave Dalglish out of it FFS

Monty31ot
21st May, 2012, 07:18 AM

Just my opinion but I think CL football is far more important it attracts quality players to the club and you need quality to win the league. Its also financially rewarding for the club bring in revenue playing on the biggest stage. Be interesting now to see if Spurs keep hold of Bale and Modric we may even struggle to keep Suarez unfortunately this is the perils of missing out on a CL spot.

scottymo76
21st May, 2012, 08:43 AM
Liverpool look like they may need to get the begging bowl out for a manager.

That is De Boer now declined an approach to speak to the club.

Nothing marks the decline more than an Ajax and Swansea manager not even speaking to a club like Liverpool.

Things are a lot worse than I had ever thought it seems.

leotheloin
21st May, 2012, 10:14 AM

Sad isn't it the league cup + the fa cup becoming meaningless,, but the blame is the ELP clubs. I think the fa should scrap the 3rd and 4th spots for the CL. and give them to the winners of the FA+LC. Think managers would think twice about what players they would play known whats at stake,,,, a CL spot.:beer:

poppyjack
21st May, 2012, 11:49 AM
In my opinion the winner of each league should compete for the European Cup, like it use to be, finishing 3rd, 4th etc is a joke, I don't like the format of the Champions League I'm probably stuck in the past with my view but I can remember when you won your respected league you were Champions and that was that, I am a Leicester fan so have no idea what its like to be in the European Cup :-)

koppit
21st May, 2012, 07:07 PM

that depends really on the league results, if your still in the hunt in the new year you have to push for the best league finish you can get and sacrifice the cups. this season it was clear that a top four spot was unachievable and a cup win was the only chance of any success. would rather win something than nowt but cup wins are just a false dawn, 2005 and 2001

Wolfpack
21st May, 2012, 07:39 PM
Liverpool look like they may need to get the begging bowl out for a manager.

That is De Boer now declined an approach to speak to the club.

Nothing marks the decline more than an Ajax and Swansea manager not even speaking to a club like Liverpool.

Things are a lot worse than I had ever thought it seems.
They probably declined cause of what happen to Roy Hodgson. Their is no rush is signing a manager til the Euro's are over. The last two seemed to be rush jobs. Lets get it right this time.

wongers
21st May, 2012, 08:04 PM
no rush? the transfer window opens in less than a fortnight if we wait until after the euros most of the decent players will be with new clubs you've been banging on for months that we won't be able to attract top players and now you say no need to hurry for a new manager what have you done with your brain did you swap it for something usefull ffs then again we could always get stuart pearce i'm sure he'll be available:embarassed::stupido2:

Wolfpack
21st May, 2012, 09:39 PM
no rush? the transfer window opens in less than a fortnight if we wait until after the euros most of the decent players will be with new clubs you've been banging on for months that we won't be able to attract top players and now you say no need to hurry for a new manager what have you done with your brain did you swap it for something usefull ffs then again we could always get stuart pearce i'm sure he'll be available:embarassed::stupido2:
Face it Liverpool most likely won't get the best players since they won't be playing CL Football. You don't need a manager to sign players. Who do you think is willing to sign with Liverpool? RVP? Higuan? Fat chance since most players in that class want CL football. That is why Liverpool blew it this year. Forget Pearce only thinking and English manager for an English team but that won't be good enough. Liverpool needs to sign a very high level manager like Jose Mourinho. It's the only chance Liverpool has to signing top class players.

koppit
23rd May, 2012, 05:51 PM
Face it Liverpool most likely won't get the best players since they won't be playing CL Football. You don't need a manager to sign players. Who do you think is willing to sign with Liverpool? RVP? Higuan? Fat chance since most players in that class want CL football. That is why Liverpool blew it this year. Forget Pearce only thinking and English manager for an English team but that won't be good enough. Liverpool needs to sign a very high level manager like Jose Mourinho. It's the only chance Liverpool has to signing top class players.

you are a cheery little bundle of fun underneath it all aint ya

mast
23rd May, 2012, 10:27 PM
Hi

LVG as dof and AVB as manager if rumours are to be believed then dont think signing players is going to be that great a problem.

Sure some players wont come because of CL football but they will still be able to attract quality players.

Regards

zee24
23rd May, 2012, 10:38 PM
LVG n AVB would be great but would they be able to work together? I think with all the experience LVG has and all the things he's achieved AVB could learn alot from and it could certainly benefit the club.

However even if it happens don't expect LVG to be around for a long period, he's always moving around from club to club and has even said recently he want's to manage again. He may wait until after the Euros to see if the Holland job comes available.

andy1967
24th May, 2012, 06:22 PM
ESPN Soccernet ***8207;@ESPNSoccernet

BREAKING NEWS - Dave Whelan tells ESPN "Roberto Martinez has flown to Miami and is meeting Liverpool right now." #lfc

-------------------

Dave Whelan told ESPN: "My information is that the new Liverpool manager will not be given full responsibility of the football department.

"There will be somebody else signing players, and they might not necessarily be the choice of the manager.

"My advice to Roberto is to think very carefully about this, but Liverpool are a big club and I hope that they remain one of the big clubs.

"But I have to say from what I am hearing the new Liverpool set up on the football side goes well beyond the norm even with a director of football."

Whelan also criticised the Liverpool process of seeking a 'beauty parade' of six managers to head to Boston for interviews with owners Fenway Sports Group, and insisted reports that Martinez is going to America this week are wide of the mark.

Whelan told ESPN: "My understanding is that Liverpool are seeking a final shortlist of six managers whom the owners would like to interview.

"I am amazed that they think they can do that, it sounds very much an American way of dealing with these issues in sport, but I would wonder how those six managers might feel.

"I spoke with mine only yesterday and he is on a week's holiday in my home in Barbados. The weather is wonderful.

zee24
24th May, 2012, 07:14 PM
Not such breaking news mate

SIMPLY THE BEST
24th May, 2012, 07:40 PM
If the getting top 4 @ least is minimum expectation does that scare managers off or are they happy just trying for 1 year then getting a big pay off ?

koppit
24th May, 2012, 07:46 PM
If the getting top 4 @ least is minimum expectation does that scare managers off or are they happy just trying for 1 year then getting a big pay off ?

take the job and succeed and you are famous and can write your own ticket. take the job and fail, thats what everyone expects ergo win win

SIMPLY THE BEST
24th May, 2012, 08:31 PM
take the job and succeed and you are famous and can write your own ticket. take the job and fail, thats what everyone expects ergo win win

Must make a manager think tho that top 4 or u are out ? ok u get a great pay off but personally must be torture knowing u did not get @ least 3 years to create a side of your own and play the way you want to play.

Wolfpack
25th May, 2012, 02:35 AM
Christmas would come early if Liverpool signed Louis van Gaal as manager. He is someone top players would play for cause he is a winner. He might be the van Gaal way or the highway but for sure Liverpool would be winning again. If the owners give him complete control he will sign.

mast
25th May, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hi

So are you saying he himself would not work with a dof.......

Regards

zee24
25th May, 2012, 02:11 PM
Either way dof or as manager he won't be at the club for long. Younger manager makes more sense, if they don't want Rafa because he won't take any crap from the owners then why go for LVG?

koppit
25th May, 2012, 04:51 PM
Must make a manager think tho that top 4 or u are out ? ok u get a great pay off but personally must be torture knowing u did not get @ least 3 years to create a side of your own and play the way you want to play.

we normally give our managers plenty of time.these days its just a manager merry go round, ste bruce etc.fail and move on. personally dont think the yanks are in long haul.

khan07958
25th May, 2012, 05:03 PM
According to David Whelan, Martinez offered Liverpool Job.

Liverpool FC have made offer to Roberto Martinez, Dave Whelan claims - Football News - Sport News - Daily Post North Wales (http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/football-news/2012/05/25/55578-31046619/)

zee24
25th May, 2012, 05:49 PM
But he wants assurances first from FSG that he will must have total control of the team and selection

mattybhoy
25th May, 2012, 06:03 PM
Surely you don't mean Walter Smith? :roflmao:

The one and only mate! I was taking the Michael to be honest as Sam opened a thread once comparing him to the likes of Bob Paisley, Jock Stein & Matt Busby and campaigning for Walter to be knighted!

Sorry Sam.

wongers
25th May, 2012, 06:47 PM
According to David Whelan, Martinez offered Liverpool Job.

Liverpool FC have made offer to Roberto Martinez, Dave Whelan claims - Football News - Sport News - Daily Post North Wales (http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/football-news/2012/05/25/55578-31046619/)

i think whelan has an agenda here he wants to keep martinez ,fair enough , but seems to be leaking things to the press to put extra pressure on him none of this info has come from the club in fact the club have not issued any statement about any candidate, the media are creating a frenzy as usual

khan07958
25th May, 2012, 08:32 PM
The club usually do business behind closed doors and would imagine are fuming with Whelan leaking all this information.
One thing we can defiantly establish Roberto is a serious contender, no smoke without fire.
Not sure he is the right man to lead us forward 95% of fans do not want him at Liverpool and can see why saving wigan from relegation albeit playing attractive football is not the type of CV, we should be looking at.
If things do not go as planned ie bad results can see alot of fans getting annoyed.
However if he starts well brings in good signings, I think the fans will be patient with him.
Would have preferred somebody who has experience in winning trophy's or even keeping a club in the top half of the table.
FSG are walking a fine line and if they do appoint him will either be a genius move or a total disaster.

mast
25th May, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hi

At this stage according to a guy who claims to be ITK on the lfc forum, RM has not been offered the job as yet but thinks he will be offered it come next week.

RM wants some clarity, hes happy to work with a dof as long as both people know each others exact roles and RM wants to have the last say on players.

Ive been following that thread for a week now and at times its been very entertaining and for me think he has been quite accurate/close on what he has been saying so far.

Regards

mattybhoy
25th May, 2012, 08:44 PM
The thing LFC always do, is business the right way. The club has a reputation in Europe for that - I hope the Americans get that and keep it going.

zee24
28th May, 2012, 02:20 PM
My big day at Anfield - YouTube

john1509
29th May, 2012, 07:02 PM
nice to see the kids there zee thats what it all about mate

zee24
29th May, 2012, 08:54 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_magazine_big_picture/LFCmanagerad.jpg

tshirtman
29th May, 2012, 09:24 PM
I believe the next person to turn down the Liverpool job will have there benefits stopped. :D

zee24
30th May, 2012, 04:42 PM
So Wolfpack when you wanted to get rid of KD was Brendan Rodgers on your list of managers to replace him? I think not...

Out of the ones that were linked with us I wanted Pep but i couldn't see that happening, so I wanted AVB and think we could have got him had we not been so keen on having a DOF. Between Martinez and Rodgers i think both play similar styles of football.

I don't know why but for some reason i beleive in Rodger's more then I did with Roy Hodgson, good luck to him he's going to have to hit the ground running or we could be faced with a Roy Hodgeson situation again.

I hope he gives some of our youth a chance from the reserves.

Is LVG next to sign according to the BBC the DOF position looks 'up in the air' at the moment even tho FSG are so adamant on having a DOF.

Brendan Rodgers will be named manager officially in 24 hours time he has apparantly signed a 3-year contract.

zee24
30th May, 2012, 04:52 PM
Happy 32nd Birthday Steven Gerrard - YouTube

andy1967
31st May, 2012, 12:52 PM
It's a brave appointment to be fair to the owners. I like Rodgers and I wouldnt be surprised to see him succeed if he's given time but I wonder if the fans will give him that time. Gylfi Sigurdsson will be on his way with Rodgers if he is made LFC manager

zee24
31st May, 2012, 02:27 PM
Gylfi Sigurdsson looked a decent player last seaso for Swansea, but he was there because Swansea needed him, im not sure we do. Besides he's agreed terms with Swansea although not signed a contract yet there isn't anything coming out that he's unhappy Brendan Rodgers has left the club.

zee24
31st May, 2012, 02:29 PM
?5 million in compensation has been paid to Swansea for Rodgers and 3 of his backroom staff according to Sky Sources and also the DOF position has been scrapped after a request by Rodgers again quoting Sky Sources...

I think Steve Clarke and Rodgers have worked together before at Chavski so I think they will probably work well together.

khan07958
31st May, 2012, 03:48 PM
Seems a matter of time before the appointment of Brendon Rogers is announced.
Not the big name we were expecting, however his time at Swansea has been good and finished 11th last season and only 5 points less than us.
A good debut season where alot of promoted clubs struggle, for me the most important attributes he has ie young, plays pass and move football and looks to win rather than draw.
I would say happy to see him appointed and have included a great article on his philosophy on football.

Brendan Rodgers? Tactical Approach: How Liverpool adapt to Tiki-Taka? (http://www.eplindex.com/14987/brendan-rodgers-tactical-approach-liverpool-adapt-tikitaka.html)

Bulld0g
31st May, 2012, 04:12 PM
Well I'm not 100% happy with the choice of manager. We sack a man for finishing 8th winning the League cup and getting to the final of the FA cup and give it to a manager with 12 months experience in the Prem who finished 12th :dontknow:

I will give him my support the same as everyone else will. What's with the Three year deal? I would have thought Five would have been more realistic, are we going to sack him too if he doesn't finish in the top Four in his first season? We will only have to pay the remaining Two years of his contract rather than the remaining Four ;)

I would have preferred AVB or Capello or maybe another big name manager but it's not to be. I hope the yanks get it right with this one but yanks have shown before they don't understand Liverpool FC.

pspmixer
31st May, 2012, 04:23 PM
i read yesterday on the bbc sport webiste that he had been name as manager 3 year deal 4m to swansea
im unsure over rogers as i think he might not bring in the quality signings we need to push on
i personally would have got rafa no conpension to pay to any club, great record, loves club and when he was manager with us we where all ways in champions league
rafa has also bought our best players - reina, agger, sktrel, alsono, lucas etc so for me i would of got rafa but we shall see who we get

khan07958
31st May, 2012, 04:25 PM
AVB would have been my first choice followed by Louis Van Gaal.
Capello is a good club manager but to old and his style of play is boring.
I think unrealistic for any fan to expect him to get a top four in his first season, while he is trying to implement his ideas.
It will also depend on money available and what type of signings we can bring in.
Last season Swansea came to Anfield and played us off the park, with great pass and move so much so the Kop gave Swansea and Brendon Rodgers a standing ovation.
Looking forward to how he develops us and hopefully will get an extended contract.
He is young and ambitious and more importantly plays good football to win.
Big mangers don't always guarantee success ie Look at Gene Hackman (Phil) at Chelsea he was a world cup winner, does not get any bigger than that but struggled at Chelsea.
Di Matteo, what has he achieved before Chelsea?
Sod all crap CV now look at him Fa cup and champions League winner.

zee24
31st May, 2012, 04:52 PM
AVB or Rafa would have been my choice, rumours were AVB didn't get the job because he didn't like the idea of the DOF and apparantly didn't get on with LVG. The same with Martinez so why according to Sky Sources have they scrapped the DOF position and gone for Rodgers, when they could have got AVB or Rafa both out of work no compensation would have been needed.

andy91
31st May, 2012, 04:55 PM
Personally i dont think Liverpool can afford to be picky.
There arent the likes of Alex Ferguson or Mourinio sitting around without a job.
Hes young and hopefully they will give him some time.

Andy.

zee24
31st May, 2012, 05:07 PM
He likes his teams to play a positive pass n move style like LFC of yesteryear it will suit Reina ROdgers likes his keepers to be comfortable on the ball and be able to start counter from the back so Agger should be happy aswell.

He could get the best out of Adam, Downing n Hendo with the short pass style instead of looking for them hollywood like balls that Adam always does.

Suarez will like the fact the ball stays on the ground at his feet as to being lumped up which will make him even more of a threat as hes good at finding spaces and making his own.

Will Carroll be able to handle the quick pass n move style, i think he would people uderestimate him when he has the ball at his feet, because he's tall everyone thinks hes going to be better in the air, he can play given a chance as he showed at NUFC and has a peach of a left peg, but he does need to work on his movement and first touch.

Could Rodger's arrival mean Scott Sinclair n Nathan Dyer will move to Anfield aswell as both have been linked in both transfer windows this season.

wongers
31st May, 2012, 07:28 PM
best asking sky scources mate they seem to know everything(or ~~~~ all)

maca
31st May, 2012, 07:42 PM
Getting the best out of downing ???? i dont think a ~~~~in pathologist could get the best out of him..........

mattybhoy
31st May, 2012, 08:42 PM
Getting the best out of downing ???? i dont think a ~~~~in pathologist could get the best out of him..........

lollol

Joke apart... remember what people used to say about Lucas? Anything's possible!

maca
31st May, 2012, 08:43 PM
Well if it does happen i will admit i was wrong :)

Bulld0g
31st May, 2012, 08:45 PM
He'll look a World beater in the Euros and come back and be his usual shite self lol

Bulld0g
31st May, 2012, 09:34 PM
No Director of Football.

BRENDAN Rodgers has described Swansea City and Liverpool as "two class acts" after quitting the Liberty to take over at Anfield.

And Rodgers has set himself the target of leading Liverpool back towards the top end of the Premier League over the next couple of seasons.

Rodgers will today be unveiled as the new Reds boss after agreeing a three-year deal on Merseyside.

And he believes that given time and cash to invest in the playing squad, he can steer the five-time European Cup winners forward.

"The challenge for me at Liverpool, as it was when I came to Swansea, is to prove myself to the people both on and off the field," Rodgers said. "I will do what I have always done, which is to be committed to improving the club. The club's success will be the most important thing and we'll see where we are in the next few years."

As Liverpool manager, Rodgers will have transfer funds at his disposal that he could only have dreamt of at Swansea.

He insisted that Liverpool's owners scrapped the idea of appointing a director of football before agreeing to succeed Kenny Dalglish (below), so the responsibility for signing new players will lie with him.

"The challenge is to keep improving the group," Rodgers added.

"It's about getting into the real world. It's a group that I think in a couple of years can be competitive at the top end, but I will need to spend a little bit of money and I will need time to work. I will need time to bring my identity into the team ? I need time to impose my philosophy on the group.

"There are some wonderful players at Liverpool, but to bring all that into the team is going to take a wee bit of time.

"It's a job where I need to align the playing identity and style and success with the supporters, because the supporters at Liverpool are renowned."

Rodgers has not forgotten how his side were applauded by the natives after Swansea's impressive goalless draw at Anfield last November.

He added: "I said before that I liken the Liverpool supporters to the Swansea supporters because of their education in the game, and I said that long before any of this came about. That's a massive part of the draw for me. The two clubs are very similar in that they are both class acts.

"The supporters at both clubs are brilliant. They are very passionate about their clubs, they love their cities and they are very educated in football terms.

"I believe there's a similar feel going into Liverpool as there was when I came into Swansea."

thisissouthwales.co.uk

Bulld0g
31st May, 2012, 10:31 PM
The more i read about the man the more i am warming to him ;)

"If you are better than your opponent with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game," Rodgers once observed.

"My template for everything is organisation. With the ball you have to know the movement patterns, the rotation, the fluidity and positioning of the team. When we have the football everybody's a player."

Last season Swansea's passing statistics ranked only behind Manchester City. "Our idea is to pass teams to a standstill so they can no longer come after you," Rodgers explained. "Eventually you wear them down."

andy91
31st May, 2012, 10:34 PM
The more i read about the man the more i am warming to him ;)

"If you are better than your opponent with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game," Rodgers once observed.

"My template for everything is organisation. With the ball you have to know the movement patterns, the rotation, the fluidity and positioning of the team. When we have the football everybody's a player."

Last season Swansea's passing statistics ranked only behind Manchester City. "Our idea is to pass teams to a standstill so they can no longer come after you," Rodgers explained. "Eventually you wear them down."

Funny how you say that Bulldog will be interesting if he plays the long ball much to Carroll.

Andy,

Bulld0g
31st May, 2012, 10:38 PM
What's funny about it m8? Liverpool are traditionally a passing footballing team. Carroll is better on the ground than people give him credit for. Liverpool played some excellent passing stuff last year but never hit the target enough. Something like 32 attempts hitting the woodwork showed we were doing something right as well as wrong if you know what i mean lol

andy91
31st May, 2012, 10:41 PM
What's funny about it m8? Liverpool are traditionally a passing footballing team. Carroll is better on the ground than people give him credit for. Liverpool played some excellent passing stuff last year but never hit the target enough. Something like 32 attempts hitting the woodwork showed we were doing something right as well as wrong if you know what i mean lol

Hard for any team to ignore his aerial threat will be interesting if Carroll is part of his plans.

Andy.

zee24
31st May, 2012, 10:57 PM
Liverpool poised to ditch new stadium in favour of Anfield expansion | Football | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/31/liverpool-new-stadium-anfield-expansion)

Looks like we are staying at Anfield

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/may/31/liverpool-new-anfield-stadium

khan07958
1st June, 2012, 12:52 AM
Brendan Rodgers tipped for glory by Mourinho, Lampard, Wenger, Redknapp and Sir Alex

Any Liverpool fans worried or disappointed by the decision to replace Kenny Dalglish with Brendan Rodgers this summer should feel a lot more confident after digesting this.

The former Swansea man, who is set to sign a three-year contract to manage Liverpool this week, has been showered with praise by some of the game's biggest names in recent years, who believe he'll enjoy a long and distinguished career in football.

Here's six of the best...

Jose Mourinho
"I like everything in him. He is ambitious and does not see football very differently from myself. He is open, likes to learn and likes to communicate."

Frank Lampard
"We worked closely, he was with the youth team and reserves but had a fantastic relationship with the first team players. It's not often you get such a respect from first team players to a youth team manager, normally they are separate, but Brendan bridged that gap. He was obviously close to Mourinho and when he spoke you knew it made sense. At his young age it was special and you don't get that kind of coach or manager very often. There's a knack to management, coaching and man-management, and his personality was strong enough to deal with top players. At Chelsea there's a lot of big players, egos and so on and Brendan could talk to us on a football level straight away. He's very aware of a) what you need to do on the pitch and b) how you need to treat people off the pitch. That was something everyone respected and that's why I think he's going to be a top manager."

Harry Redknapp
"I'm a big fan of his. I think he is fantastic. Not just now, young Frank [Lampard] worked with him at Chelsea and spoke so highly of him. Frank [Lampard] Senior worked with him at Watford and then went to Reading with him and he used to tell me how good he was. He is spot on I think, you have got to look at the way he has got them playing. I think it is fantastic, I really do."

Arsene Wenger
"They [Swansea] are brave, but not too adventurous, they go through their wingers and they keep possession, but they do not throw all their bodies forward. You should give credit to the manager for doing that."

Alex Ferguson
"Brendan Rodgers came out of the Championship and only brought two players in, Danny Graham from Watford and Gylfi Sigurdsson from Germany, and even that was not for a big financial outlay. When you talk about how you pick manager of the year, there always has to be a consideration about the resources. The way Swansea have played this season has been admirable. They have played some fantastic attacking football. Their manager has insisted on that and stuck by his principles. They look as if they are enjoying their game. They all want the ball and want to play."

Martin Jol
"They [Swansea] almost play like Ajax or Barcelona. They always try to play it out from the back and I can honestly say that I admire them for that. Brendan Rodgers is someone who has got that philosophy and I rate him very highly because it`s not easy to play the way they do."

alom5
1st June, 2012, 10:33 AM
Liverpool made a good choice today. I can see them playing some good footie next season.....damn :(

mast
1st June, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hi

I was a bit wary of him but reading what I have read over the last couple of days I have now warmed to him.

I actually now feel that we have made an excellent appointment in him and am now looking forward to him taking us forward and upwards.

Regards

zee24
1st June, 2012, 12:18 PM
Brendan Rodgers will succeed at Liverpool: Jamie Redknapp | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2152952/Brendan-Rodgers-succeed-Liverpool-Jamie-Redknapp.html)

khan07958
1st June, 2012, 04:24 PM
Jose Mourinho backs Brendan Rodgers to succeed as Liverpool FC manager - Football News - Sport News - Daily Post North Wales (http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/football-news/2012/06/01/55578-31091578/)

andy1967
3rd June, 2012, 02:17 PM
Kuyt gone to Fenerbahce

zee24
3rd June, 2012, 06:36 PM
Good luck to him big player for the big occasions, I wish him all the best.

mast
3rd June, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi

Good luck to him, hes been a good servant to us.

Regards

cleanrite
3rd June, 2012, 07:18 PM
Big shame Kuyt has gone,very influential part of the team
hope he can be replaced by someone who works just as hard

Bulld0g
3rd June, 2012, 07:40 PM
Big shame Kuyt has gone,very influential part of the team
hope he can be replaced by someone who works just as hard

I work hard will i do? lol Seriously, goodbye Mr. Kuyt thank you for drawing 6 or 7 years of ~~~~ing good wages and running around like a headless chicken. If i was your equal, job wise, i would have been sacked long ago ;)

zee24
3rd June, 2012, 11:52 PM
You can say what you want about him, yes he may have been brought in as a striker but no matter where he played he gave his all. There were far too many light weights in the team in them 6 seasons but he certainly wasn't one of them, I only wished he had won morr in his time at the club. Good luck to the man they call the 'Duracell Bunny' may he have a longer longer longer lasting career still to come...

Wolfpack
4th June, 2012, 03:45 AM
I work hard will i do? lol Seriously, goodbye Mr. Kuyt thank you for drawing 6 or 7 years of ~~~~ing good wages and running around like a headless chicken. If i was your equal, job wise, i would have been sacked long ago ;)

Kuyt was a great player that did what ever the manager asked of him and gave his all doing it. If Kenny used him more maybe Liverpool would of won a few more this past season. I'll agree it's his time to move on since he getting up in age. I would take a one headless chicken over three turkey's any day.

deltahd
4th June, 2012, 04:02 AM
I`d say 18 first League titles worth a life of football. Even with the nowadays commercialism one has to face..

zee24
4th June, 2012, 01:18 PM
A Liverbird upon my chest - YouTube

Bulld0g
4th June, 2012, 01:26 PM
Kuyt was a great player that did what ever the manager asked of him and gave his all doing it. If Kenny used him more maybe Liverpool would of won a few more this past season. I'll agree it's his time to move on since he getting up in age. I would take a one headless chicken over three turkey's any day.

Which sums your knowledge of Liverpool football club right up. Kuyt a "great player" :roflmao: i suppose Rafa and Roy never used him enough either. He was and is at best an average player, by no means a great player and certainly not a great Liverpool player.

shankill2012
4th June, 2012, 05:21 PM
Thats been the problem at liverpool in the last number of years - too many average players and not enough players good enough to wear the liverpool shirt .

wongers
4th June, 2012, 08:13 PM
kuyt never gave less than 100% but to say he was limited is being kind its because of having players like him we are were we are today, a mid table side, hopefully we can get better coming through the door than going out

alduin400
4th June, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hope Rodgers will do good for Liverpool..

zee24
4th June, 2012, 09:06 PM
Heres a vid of how the Swansea reserves played against our reserves, just shows you what we could be in for at our club.

Swansea City "Catalan Football" - YouTube

zee24
4th June, 2012, 09:12 PM
He likes his teams to have most of the ball, keeping it for long periods of time, working from back to front, in small little triangles like Rafa use to do. Im looking forward to it i can't wait for the season to begin.

andy1967
4th June, 2012, 09:13 PM
He only cost 10 million to buy, scored more than 10 goals a season apart from last season, hat-trick against us UTD, scored that last min goal and knocked us out of the FA Cup! That extra time goal at Wembley that got you into penalties then scored a penalty for you to win the Carling cup, not a bad player in my eyes, gone off to play in the CL with only a year left at LFC and you still got a million for him. He wasn't as bad as some are saying and thats coming from a UTD fan.