PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48

johnna2112
21st August, 2012, 06:50 AM
I don't see Liverpool signing another winger though, they signed Assaidi who is a tricky winger, so their priority is likely to be a goalscorer

khan07958
21st August, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mourinho: I want Brendan success - Liverpool FC (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/mourinho-i-want-brendan-success)

khan07958
21st August, 2012, 01:39 PM
Everything you say has a valid. I don't mean in ten games they turn into Barca. I think in ten games they will gel alot better. I still feel Suarez should play out on the left. It don't hurt CR7 to play their and play Carroll up front. If they sign Dempesy they move him behind the striker and Play Gerrard as the second holding mid. He played it well last year. I know it's only one game but they were run over in the midfield and your defense is only as good as the players in front of you.

Suarez played on the left of an attacking 3 for Ajax and was very good in that postion.
Brendon may play him in that position eventually depending on who can play through the middle.

I am not sure if carroll fits into this system as it requires mobility, positional play, pressing from strikers, quick passing around the box etc.
Interesting to see if no reasonable bid comes in before deadline day, what we do with him.

Gerrard for me does not have the discipline to play that role and should be left to Lucas who last year was one of the best in Europe.
Allen will also sit and protect the back 4 and keep the ball moving.
It may be a good idea to push Gerrard further forward so he can link with Suarez as both have great natural movement.
This could free up space for midfield to take advantage off.

zee24
21st August, 2012, 02:55 PM
according to this spanish site Liverpool has put in a 18 mill Euro bid for Kaka as Madrid want a permanent deal for him not a loan deal which Man Utd want.

You'll need google translate

Soy madridista - El Madrid advierte al United: Kak? no se cede (http://www.soymadridista.com/index.php/articles/11/4864/el-madrid-advierte-al-united-kak-no-se-cede)

oakinogundeji
21st August, 2012, 03:06 PM
guys, liverpool is going through a tough patch at the moment, however, they truly are a great club and i do wish them well this premiership season... NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!

zee24
21st August, 2012, 07:54 PM
Oussama Assaidi is not eligible to play in Liverpool's Europa League play-off matches against Hearts.

The Morocco winger, who became the club's third summer signing on Friday, is cup tied having featured for Heerenveen in the qualifying rounds.

However, he will be available should Liverpool reach the group stages.

The squad travel from John Lennon Airport to Edinburgh on Wednesday afternoon before training at Tynecastle Stadium.

Brendan Rodgers will also stage a press conference at the stadium

zee24
22nd August, 2012, 01:16 AM
Liverpool want Adam Johnson. It is thought that the owners believe Johnson & Johnson on the right wing will cause fans 'no more tears. lol

slippy05
22nd August, 2012, 03:08 AM
Propaganda on behalf of the Liverpool owners, Rodgers admitted at the weekend that he has no money left to spend unless he moves players out first, mainly Carroll and Adam as Cole is injured, but they haven't found buyers so they won't be buying anyone else.

They are struggling to even tie up loan deals for Sahin and Tello.

Oh so what brenden is meant to say is "we have plenty of cash to buy players and we will be looking to buy more players before the window closes"

?

Que every club in the world adding 5-10 million on every asking price for every player.

The tactic here is clear.....

FSG have money, they spent about 40-50 million last year, got hardly any value for money and finished 8th.

It was a disaster, they sacked the people responible (although i wanted kenny to have another year). FSG are business men, in any business if people dont perform they get sacked.

We have over priced players who we are unable to shift because of previous regimes, including kennys. We have players on such big wages no club will come near them (joe cole etc etc)

We need to balance our books and get the club operating properly again, have a wage structure and a solid youth recruitment policy and ethos.

We have been rinsed in the transfer market for years now, it has to stop. Thats why brenden put his foot down over glyfi sigurdssons wages, it was the marker, to let all other players and agents know "we will not pay over the odds in terms of wages and we will not get bullied into anything by other clubs"

What we are doing we should have done 10 years ago, these guys have brains and so does rodgers. He just needs time (time im not sure our fans will give him)

Our business in the transfer market needs to stop and a msg needs to be sent out to every club in the world.....and thats what we are trying to do.

gc1966
22nd August, 2012, 04:20 PM
Oh so what brenden is meant to say is "we have plenty of cash to buy players and we will be looking to buy more players before the window closes"

?

Que every club in the world adding 5-10 million on every asking price for every player.

The tactic here is clear.....

FSG have money, they spent about 40-50 million last year, got hardly any value for money and finished 8th.

It was a disaster, they sacked the people responible (although i wanted kenny to have another year). FSG are business men, in any business if people dont perform they get sacked.

We have over priced players who we are unable to shift because of previous regimes, including kennys. We have players on such big wages no club will come near them (joe cole etc etc)

We need to balance our books and get the club operating properly again, have a wage structure and a solid youth recruitment policy and ethos.

We have been rinsed in the transfer market for years now, it has to stop. Thats why brenden put his foot down over glyfi sigurdssons wages, it was the marker, to let all other players and agents know "we will not pay over the odds in terms of wages and we will not get bullied into anything by other clubs"

What we are doing we should have done 10 years ago, these guys have brains and so does rodgers. He just needs time (time im not sure our fans will give him)

Our business in the transfer market needs to stop and a msg needs to be sent out to every club in the world.....and thats what we are trying to do.

that is an admirable stance if you want nothing more than to consolidate a mid table finish every year and enjoy an occasional cup run.

until wage capping and transfer caps are put in place other bigger clubs will open their wallet and widen the gap.

welcome to mid table mediocrity

slippy05
22nd August, 2012, 07:01 PM
that is an admirable stance if you want nothing more than to consolidate a mid table finish every year and enjoy an occasional cup run.

until wage capping and transfer caps are put in place other bigger clubs will open their wallet and widen the gap.

welcome to mid table mediocrity

Lol welcome to it?

We ave finisihed 6th, 7th and 8th in the last 3 years.

I'm already used to it!!

And i never want to be like city or chelsea, i dont want us to buy the league thats what has ruined football already.

They will never widen the gap on Liverpool, with our last 20 years of crap transfers and disasters..we should have been relegated by now.

City, chelsea, spurs, arsenal will never have the worldwide appeal that Liverpool has. We are a global brand.......they arent.

Success and winning the league would feel so much more special if we earnt it the right way!

Wolfpack
23rd August, 2012, 01:05 AM
Should sport teams have a salary cap? How much would you let each team spend. All the money in the world sometimes don't work. Ask Real Madrid.

Shady
23rd August, 2012, 08:42 AM
And i never want to be like city or chelsea, i dont want us to buy the league thats what has ruined football already.

This gets right on my tits, when people accuse other teams of 'buying the league'
News flash... EVERY team tries to buy the league, thats what everybody does with transfers, paying other clubs to release managers, etc. if liverpool for instance werent trying to buy the league, what were the millions in transfers for??

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

slippy05
23rd August, 2012, 01:35 PM
This gets right on my tits, when people accuse other teams of 'buying the league'
News flash... EVERY team tries to buy the league, thats what everybody does with transfers, paying other clubs to release managers, etc. if liverpool for instance werent trying to buy the league, what were the millions in transfers for??

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Thats not true.

We are trying to make the club be self sufficient, like arsenal and bayern munich. That means we use the revenue we generate to re-invest in building a squad and a youth team.

Thats is wayyyy different to a club like city or chealsea spending 200 million on one summer to get them to a certain level.

They dont invest in youth that much, and that is what is killing the game in England because these clubs are buying ready made stars instead of allowing them to develop.

This is why chelsea spent 100's of million when abramovich came, and are now having to do it again....because the youngsters just dont get a chance at their club. This stagnates a young players development and might even set them back years in terms of becoming a really good player.

The same is likely to happen with city because how can a youngster get a game ahead of a 40 million pound player?

This is whats wrong with the game and i hope Liverpool dont go down that road.

Bulld0g
23rd August, 2012, 02:02 PM
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has accused Newcastle of taking "a liberty" in their pursuit of Andy Carroll.

Newcastle offered to take Carroll on a season-long loan deal in July, with a fixed ?12m fee for a permanent transfer next summer.
But Rodgers said he would be a "nutcase" to allow the England striker to leave the club with only nine days of the transfer window left.
"To even consider wanting to take him on loan is a liberty," Rodgers said.
Speaking ahead of Thursday's Europa League tie against Heart of Midlothian at Tynecastle, Rodgers said Liverpool are extremely reluctant to sell Carroll back to Newcastle in a cut-price deal after buying the 23-year-old for a club-record ?35m only 18 months ago.
"Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle," Rodgers added. "Newcastle got ?35m for this player last year.
"I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got Luis Suarez, Fabio Borini and Andy Carroll.
"I would need to be a nutcase to even consider letting Andy Carroll go at this moment."
Carroll is struggling to be fit for the match after picking up a slight hamstring strain but Rodgers is keen for his striker to start, regardless of the speculation surrounding his future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19353061

zee24
23rd August, 2012, 03:20 PM
LIVERPOOL FAN OMAR RANTS AT ROBBIE SAVAGE ON BBC 5LIVE 606 lol

BBC 606 - Omar's VERY Angry Rant At Robbie Savage, Funniest Caller Ever - 18/08/12 - YouTube

johnna2112
23rd August, 2012, 07:03 PM
Oh the irony .....

On the day they kick off about Newcastle taking the piss re: taking Andy Carroll on loan and trying to buy him for ?12 mill.......Fulham make a formal complaint about them tapping up Dempsey lollol, Is it time for the candles? & Where can I get the t shirt? :roflmao:

wongers
23rd August, 2012, 07:37 PM
martin jol; was in the national press on sunday saying there had been no contact with liverpool over dempsey now there complaining whats he talking about then

johnna2112
23rd August, 2012, 08:26 PM
Liverpool.....The club that just keeps on giving lol

slippy05
23rd August, 2012, 09:42 PM
martin jol; was in the national press on sunday saying there had been no contact with liverpool over dempsey now there complaining whats he talking about then

Its a funny one dont you think mate?

We phone up fulham "how much for dempsey"

fulham "10 million not a penny less"

(Liverpool whispers under its breath: yea ****in right he is 29 and has one year on his contract left)

We dont make an offer

And now they are upset about it?

lol

zee24
23rd August, 2012, 10:55 PM
Brendan Rodgers expects to discover in the next 24 hours whether Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin will join Liverpool on loan.

The manager was asked about a potential move in his press conference following the 1-0 victory over Hearts.

He said: "Hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll get some confirmation on that.

"It's quite far [along the line]. He's a very good footballer."

johnna2112
25th August, 2012, 06:00 AM
If Liverpool have the chance to land him John Henry should open up the bank to sign him.

Hate to say i told you so , but err......... lol

Bulld0g
25th August, 2012, 12:45 PM
Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with Real Madrid to sign Nuri Sahin on a season-long loan deal, subject to the player passing a medical.

Sahin moved to Madrid last summer fresh from helping Borussia Dortmund secure the German championship and being named as the Bundesliga's Player of the Season.

The playmaker collected another league title winners' medal as the Spanish giants clinched La Liga in May.

Sahin has 31 caps for Turkey and became their youngest ever scorer when he netted on his debut against Germany in 2005, aged 17.

The 23-year-old will now undergo a medical on Merseyside.

tshirtman
25th August, 2012, 03:51 PM
@slippy05
City have spent in three year's what all the other big clubs spent over 10 years in order to catch up, they are now on there way to becoming self sufficient,
tell me, how much money have they spent this summer compared to the rest of the league.

johnna2112
25th August, 2012, 04:56 PM
@slippy05
City have spent in three year's what all the other big clubs spent over 10 years in order to catch up, they are now on there way to becoming self sufficient,
tell me, how much money have they spent this summer compared to the rest of the league.

they need to do business better

How to do business, by Newcastle Utd

Sell Andy Carroll for ?35 million. Use the money to buy Cisse, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon and Andy Carroll lol

Bulld0g
25th August, 2012, 05:02 PM
they need to do business better

How to do business, by Newcastle Utd

Sell Andy Carroll for ?35 million. Use the money to buy Cisse, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon and Andy Carroll lol

Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle No one takes liberties with us :boring: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/liverpool-thread-1943/index685.html#post1669661:boring:

johnna2112
25th August, 2012, 05:05 PM
Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle No one takes liberties with us :boring: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/liverpool-thread-1943/index685.html#post1669661:boring:
Or Fulham either lol

spondulick
25th August, 2012, 05:19 PM
Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle No one takes liberties with us :boring: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/liverpool-thread-1943/index685.html#post1669661:boring: seems to me that the liberty was taken when pool paid over the odds for him in the first place, then change of manager. who does not see him fitting in to the style of play he prefers,wasn't worth 35 mil at the time and certainly not worth anywhere near that now.

Bulld0g
25th August, 2012, 05:22 PM
So where is the liberty there? You mean us paying OTT in the beginning, yea it was a liberty lol

johnna2112
25th August, 2012, 05:30 PM
Spent force liverpool now

Bulld0g
25th August, 2012, 05:35 PM
You mean spending force, nah not really that's Chelsea and City

zee24
25th August, 2012, 09:52 PM
Nuri Sahin officially a Liverpool player for a season atleast

http://assets2.lfcimages.com/uploads/263d_5038eb4d725cd923053799.jpg

opsmonkey
25th August, 2012, 11:56 PM
Seems to be loads of Newcastle fans in here. Weren't they playing NPower League Football 2 years ago.?

Also weren't they supposed to be nailed on for Champions League football this season? How did that go?

If Liverpool are a spent force and are currently one of the 3 English trophy holders what does that make a team who last won anything of actual value in 1969.

Do you play in black and white as an homage to the last time you won anything football was broadcast in those colours ?????

slippy05
26th August, 2012, 01:50 AM
@slippy05

You wont ever become self sufficient

The main reason for that is your fanbase outside of manchester isnt big enough to finance all of your purchases.

Slowly overtime it will grow of course, but only because your buying some of the biggest stars in the world, who carry they're own fanbase. Which then turns them into city fans in terms of merchandise sales and shirt sales.

If you ever stop buying players like tevez, aguero, silva etc those fans will disappear becuase they love the players not your club.

Also you will be just like chelsea, you have a team packed full of stars 18-22 of them, and to keep them happy you have to give them games.

This means your youth gets less games and less time to develop. Then what will happen is all those stars will become old, or lose form and need replacing......and you will just go and buy big again.

Its the same overhaul chelsea needed to make these last two years. Its the main problem with having so many superstars, you just cant drop them week after week to give youngsters a chance so your club can grow from within.

Your owner got his mate to sponsor your stadium for 400 million, thats the main reason your appearing self sufficient but that was just a ploy to get round the FFP that uefa are trying to introduce.

Having said that i like city, and you are right that they havent bought any players. I think the main reason for that you guys have realised that everybody ramps up the price if they think you've got money.

Your being smart and seeing this, so your just not buying them.

Liverpool should have realised this years ago and done the same. Gladly now brendan and the owners have seen us get well and truly rinsed, in the transfer market last year, they have put a stop to it.

Will be very interesting to see how FFP works, and how strict uefa are with it. I know for a fact our owners are counting on uefa to be strict, which would put liverpool in a brilliant position........without it we cant compete.

johnna2112
26th August, 2012, 06:41 AM
Seems to be loads of Newcastle fans in here. Weren't they playing NPower League Football 2 years ago.?

Also weren't they supposed to be nailed on for Champions League football this season? How did that go?

If Liverpool are a spent force and are currently one of the 3 English trophy holders what does that make a team who last won anything of actual value in 1969.

Do you play in black and white as an homage to the last time you won anything football was broadcast in those colours ?????
got to agree with you there mate, nufc flatter to deceive ,they will be found out this season though

lets just see what happens here though telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9491177/Newcastle-United-say-the-ball-is-in-Liverpools-court-over-12m-transfer-of-Andy-Carroll.html) http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/johnna2112/clickies/thumb-1.gif

southpaw
26th August, 2012, 09:32 AM
Not trying to put you on a downer mate but if your hoping eufa with there half hearted policy will be the saviour of lfc then I fear you gonna be disappointed, the teams with money will employ the best barristers an legal teams money can buy and they will pick holes in the rules and exploit them, this is the way the epl is, the guy with the big pockets ends up with the best train set, unfortunately for lfc you can't compete with them, an the longer you not in champs league the bigger the gap will become,

slippy05
26th August, 2012, 06:17 PM
Not trying to put you on a downer mate but if your hoping eufa with there half hearted policy will be the saviour of lfc then I fear you gonna be disappointed, the teams with money will employ the best barristers an legal teams money can buy and they will pick holes in the rules and exploit them, this is the way the epl is, the guy with the big pockets ends up with the best train set, unfortunately for lfc you can't compete with them, an the longer you not in champs league the bigger the gap will become,

Couldnt agree more mate

But i fear this is what our owners are banking on as it will put us in a stronger position than most.

Liverpool still pay big wages and do business every year and we havent had champions league money like the other clubs for 3 years, but we will see how FFP plays out i guess.

zee24
26th August, 2012, 06:24 PM
Platini moans about PL clubs spending big money and creates new rules and regulations to combat it but when it's PSG he doesn't even bat an eyelid.

zee24
26th August, 2012, 06:30 PM
Skrtel just pissed me off big time, ive always said he's got a mistake in him and was proved right again. That game was ours to win and we made 2 howlers to let City back in it. Reina should have done better, Kelly should have cleared the ball and Skrtel wtf was he doing. This is why i can't see how he can fit in to Brendan's system, he panics too much and always looks to the keeper to help him out.

I know they say good teams can get points even when they don't play well shows how good they really are, but seriously City didn't deserve anything.

mtv1
26th August, 2012, 08:45 PM
https://universalposter.s3.amazonaws.com/product-images/3d-lenticular/LN0046-400px.gif

Bulld0g
26th August, 2012, 10:49 PM
We played well today and deserved all three points.Two mistakes let city back in. If we play the rest of the season the way we did today, we wont have much to worry about :)

slippy05
26th August, 2012, 11:59 PM
Skrtel just pissed me off big time, ive always said he's got a mistake in him and was proved right again. That game was ours to win and we made 2 howlers to let City back in it. Reina should have done better, Kelly should have cleared the ball and Skrtel wtf was he doing. This is why i can't see how he can fit in to Brendan's system, he panics too much and always looks to the keeper to help him out.

I know they say good teams can get points even when they don't play well shows how good they really are, but seriously City didn't deserve anything.

Come on zee mate, lets not be too critical on the lads they were brilliant today.

new manager, players and system...it takes time

And the way he wants us to play is new for our players, they have been drilled a different way for years (if in doubt put it out) but under brendan he wants them to keep the ball under big pressure in dangerous areas were 99% of managers would tell them to hoof it.

Really impressed wih us today.

I thgink allen is a class player, him and shain with lucas will be great!

Get dempsey in and we will be closer to 4th this year.

zee24
27th August, 2012, 12:28 AM
Im not they were brilliant and it just shows we aint a bad team when a top class team with world class players gets out played by a so called 'spent force' and we aint happy with the end result.

Im just saying Skrtel has always got a mistake in him i can't see that changing, he isn't my fav player but more performances like that this season bar the mistakes and we won't be far off top 4.

Allen was brilliant, we still need to finish our chances up front, Suarez free kick was world class up till that point he was having one of those games nothing was coming off. Sterling gave a mature performance for a 17 year old i cnt wait to see more of him this season.

zee24
27th August, 2012, 01:04 AM
"Being Liverpool" sneak peek Rodgers keeps the youngsters in check on the US tour

Being Liverpool - Rodgers keeps Sterling in check - YouTube

Wolfpack
27th August, 2012, 01:11 AM
I think the biggest plus you can take out of the game was how good Liverpool passed the ball. Sure it was disappointing they didn't win when they should of but Skrtil just made a stupid mistake. You can still look at it as a good point against ManC.

southpaw
27th August, 2012, 09:56 AM
You played city off the park and deserved all 3 points, the mistakes you can't legislate for, impressed how you bossed the middle of the park with relatively inexperienced players against the most expensive midfield in Europe, that young Sterling was impressive playing in that kind of Enviroment at that age and not looking out of place, Suarez must frustrate the shit out you, didnt hit the target mostly then produces that goal ,
Same old story with lfc tho, turn it on against the big boys (tip, always back them when they underdog) and capitulate against the lesser teams, think top 4 is a step too far this season, but I guess it's about stability, probably gonna be an up an down season for you trying to get the new system in place and mistakes will be plenty when asking defenders to do stuff they mostly avoided throughout there career , but Rodgers certainly got the nucleus of a good side to build around,
Good luck for the season , bar the Derby ;)

Monty31ot
27th August, 2012, 09:58 AM
If only we could play like that every game. We'll probably batter Arsenal next but come away with nothing again :(. I think now its about consistency after the City game expectations will be high.

slippy05
27th August, 2012, 10:30 AM
Some good points made there by you guys.

I think what our team has needed for a while is a system that gets the best out of our forward players whilst still being able to defend should we lose the ball.

Giving gerrard licence to roam and press but not leaving huge gaps behind him is what we have always needed.

I think under rodgers we will have this balance that allows our forward players to flourish and be free, yet still have a good formation behind them when we lose the ball.

I'm really excited as i think Liverpool is really going to grow under this guy.

He has identified the main problems with liverpool and that is to stop us getting ripped off in the transfer market, have a system that allows attacking players to be free in thier movement, be able to bring in youngsters and not have the wieght of expectancy on they're shoulders.....

We can really develop and move forward under Mr rodgers i think.

khan07958
27th August, 2012, 01:21 PM
City were lucky to get a draw today, we outplayed them for most of the game and controlled the midfield.
After Lucas want off, shelvey did a excellent job to fill in.

Coates was very good today and won 100% of his aerial duels, the whole team attacked as a unit and defended from the front.

Boroni and suarez were excellent in saying that the whole team played well aside from the mistake from skertel today, thought he was top draw!

Allen looks like a top class buy and will be worth double what we payed for him very soon again had 93% pass completion, the best passer on the park.

Sterling for a 17 year old was a constant menace and had city back paddling each time he had the ball, we have not had this type of player since mcmanman days.

Good performance against the champions, who for me at times were made to look ordinary!

zee24
27th August, 2012, 07:30 PM
Looks like Joe Cole could be off back to West Ham if he agrees, after an agreement in principle between the two clubs and a fee in the region of ?2mill lovely jubbly......

If he needs a hand packing im available

zee24
27th August, 2012, 07:36 PM
Apparantly the owners have told Brendan they are not sure about the signing of Dempsey because of his age, but have told him if he can get 1 or 2 players off the books he will have the funds to make a serious offer for Dempsey.

slippy05
28th August, 2012, 01:45 AM
Looks like Joe Cole could be off back to West Ham if he agrees, after an agreement in principle between the two clubs and a fee in the region of ?2mill lovely jubbly......

If he needs a hand packing im available

Think its bull mate (i was hoping it was true though!...he is on 90k a week after all)

this is what fat sam told sky sports:

He told Sky Sports: "I don't see much at all, to be honest with you, in terms of ins.

"I think that our finances now are on the limit, as it were, speaking to our co-chairmen. I think that we'll work with what we've got."

Allardyce added if he does make any last-minute reinforcements it is likely to be on a loan basis.

He added: "We'll never say never, you never know what might turn up. But if it's going to be anything, it's never going to get past a loan deal, I think."

Apparently some tit on talksport started the rumour....

Wolfpack
28th August, 2012, 01:59 AM
I still think Carroll should start up front and play Suarez on the left. One Sterling look good but is still somewhat green with his tackles giving ManC some good free kicks. Second I can't believe how good Liverpool are crossing the ball into the box. After seeing a few i was wondering why isn't Carroll in their. I know he has alot to prove but i think if Rodgers is going to make any mistakes this year one would be getting rid of Carroll.

Bulld0g
28th August, 2012, 03:16 PM
http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JayTunnel11.gif

:roflmao: love this

zee24
29th August, 2012, 02:48 PM
Lucas Leiva has been ruled out for up to 2-3 months with a thigh injury

slippy05
29th August, 2012, 02:58 PM

thats messed up, it really is bad news for us!

zee24
29th August, 2012, 03:05 PM
Aaron Lennon, Scott Parker and Rafael van der Vaart have been put up for transfer by Spurs which of the 3 would you like at Anfield if any?

I wouldn't mind VDV, Lennon has been linked in the past as well but i think Brendan's got his eye on Walcott and Dempsey.

zee24
29th August, 2012, 03:33 PM
"I'll be wearing this t-shirt all day" Joseph Barton

https://instagr.am/p/O6LUrsr3bF/media/?size=l

Monty31ot
29th August, 2012, 04:36 PM

Yeah just heard time to sell him I think. He's a good player who's progressed over the years but he's more and more injury prone like Joe cole.

zee24
29th August, 2012, 04:41 PM
He's come along way I can't see him being sold not until the summer if then, Brendan's a fan of Lucas.

slippy05
29th August, 2012, 05:01 PM
Aaron Lennon, Scott Parker and Rafael van der Vaart have been put up for transfer by Spurs which of the 3 would you like at Anfield if any?

I wouldn't mind VDV, Lennon has been linked in the past as well but i think Brendan's got his eye on Walcott and Dempsey.

If this is true then i give AVB 6 months

He is a complete mentalist lol

Why does he try and gutt out every team so quickly?!

I dont like VDV he goes missing to often, lennon wouldnt be bad he has pace which we have always needed.

slippy05
29th August, 2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah just heard time to sell him I think. He's a good player who's progressed over the years but he's more and more injury prone like Joe cole.

Injuries like this are common after the serious kne injury he had.

He was 2 months ahead of schedule anyway when he returned

These are his first injuries in nearly 5 years at liverpool?

zee24
30th August, 2012, 03:06 PM
Just days after signing Nuri Sahin, Liverpool are set to sign another young Turk.

It was just announced that the club is very close to signing young German Turkish player Samed Yesil from Bayer Leverkusen for a sum reported to be at around the ?1 million mark.

Samed Yesil is only 18 years old and the youngster has already featured for Germany's U17.

He has impressed for his country at U18, U17 and U16 levels and for the price appears to be somewhat of a coup.

Yesil bagged six goals for Germany at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup and was one of the stars of the tournament. He has 19 goals in 21 games at that level.

Arsenal tried to sign him last summer until the deal fell through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19v6-HLtTzg

zee24
30th August, 2012, 03:43 PM
Jay Spearing has agreed to join Bolton on loan for 6-months.

Spearing agrees Bolton loan | Sky Sports (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8034391/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

I would have preferred to see him go on a permanent, I don't see him improving, but hey I could be wrong.

I do wish him well though and thank him for giving 110% every time he was on the pitch for us.

andy1967
30th August, 2012, 07:28 PM
Andy Carroll set to join West Ham on loan

Liverpool have agreed to allow Andy Carroll to join West Ham United on a one year loan deal having accepted that a permanent transfer is now highly unlikely.

Carroll travelled to London earlier today to undergo a medical after Liverpool relented on their original stipulation that the out of favour forward would only be allowed to leave if a permanent deal was agreed with either West Ham or Newcastle United.

Neither club came up with such an offer and Liverpool were faced with the choice of either keeping Carroll as third choice or allowing the 23-year-old to spend the rest of the season at West Ham with the London club paying his ?80,000 weekly wage.

With just 24 hours to go until the transfer window closes, Brendan Rodgers agreed to allow Carroll to depart on loan with the bitter pill being sweetened slightly by a ?1 million loan fee.

The transfer is a remarkable coup for West Ham who had previously offered a ?1 million loan fee for Carroll to be followed by a ?17 million permanent transfer as long as they retained their Premier League status.

It is a blow to Rodgers, though, as the Liverpool manager had hoped that Carrolls departure would boost his spending power on transfer deadline day and he is now hoping Charlie Adam will complete a ?5 million transfer to Stoke City, with Everton also a possible destination for the midfield player.

Bulld0g
30th August, 2012, 07:53 PM
Walcott or Dempsey before deadline?

andy1967
30th August, 2012, 08:14 PM
Walcott I would'nt want, yous signed bad players last season better than him in my eyes.

Bulld0g
30th August, 2012, 08:18 PM
They're the two rumoured to be linked not the two that i'm putting forward :) Having said that i like Walcott and would take him.

andy1967
30th August, 2012, 08:30 PM
They're the two rumoured to be linked not the two that i'm putting forward :) Having said that i like Walcott and would take him.

Ive read he is on ?75k a week and wants ?100k from them to sign a new deal, Brendon has said he will not pay over the odds or pay players big money while at LFC. Plus he only gets 1 million upfront for Carroll, have to sell a few more players to bring any more in was his words few days ago.
BTW@Shady what did you say in this thread about if Carroll goes? lol

andy1967
30th August, 2012, 10:11 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/538987_4483439485687_764078699_n.jpg

He has asked can his shirt number be 35 lol

zee24
30th August, 2012, 10:21 PM
good luck to him hope he bangs a few goals in so come the summer other teams come in for him and maybe get more money for him

zee24
30th August, 2012, 10:41 PM
Rodgers: "We've got a number of targets, we hope to conclude them tomorrow."

Chelsea will consider loaning out Daniel Sturridge if they can push through the purchase of Bayer Leverkusen's Andr? Sch?rrle before Friday night's transfer deadline. (Liverpool or Spurs most likely destination at this moment)

Chelsea may loan out Daniel Sturridge if Andr? Sch?rrle deal is done | Football | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/30/chelsea-loan-daniel-sturrudge-andre-schurrle?newsfeed=true)

BREAKING NEWS: Joe Cole has rejected a move to Spartak Moscow

zee24
30th August, 2012, 11:13 PM
Nigel De Jong to Milan what a steal that was 3.5 - 4m euros

slippy05
31st August, 2012, 02:35 AM
Not so sure what is going on at the club.

Loaning carroll out means we must have 2 more strikers lined up?

We tried to swap henderson and pay fulham some money for dempsey apparently?! But henderson refused to budge

Charlie adam refused to go to stoke for 5 million

Joe cole rejected spartak moscow

Jay spearing gone to bolton on 6 month loan.

we better be in for two more strikers, i am hearing llorente........that would be fantastic

We are alos trying to loan sturridge for a season (i hate him and think he is a greedy shite but we need pace and we need players!)

Going to be one hell of a day 2mrw for sure!

Bulld0g
31st August, 2012, 04:43 PM
Liverpool have been drawn in Group A of the Europa League where they will face Udinese, Young Boys and FC Anzhi Makhachkala.

The Reds were one of 12 top seeds for the draw which took place in Monaco this afternoon and they were the first side to be drawn out of the pot.

Italian outfit Udinese, who finished third in the Serie A last season under the guidance of head coach Francesco Guidolin, were next.

Swiss side Young Boys joined them before FC Anzhi Makhachkala of Russia completed Group A.

The first matches of the group stages are scheduled to take place on September 20 with the last due to be held on December 6.

Bulld0g
31st August, 2012, 04:45 PM
Liverpool have been drawn in Group A of the Europa League where they will face Udinese, Young Boys and FC Anzhi Makhachkala.

The Reds were one of 12 top seeds for the draw which took place in Monaco this afternoon and they were the first side to be drawn out of the pot.

Italian outfit Udinese, who finished third in the Serie A last season under the guidance of head coach Francesco Guidolin, were next.

Swiss side Young Boys joined them before FC Anzhi Makhachkala of Russia completed Group A.

The first matches of the group stages are scheduled to take place on September 20 with the last due to be held on December 6.

Macalaca and young boys :hmmmm: is someone havin a giraffe here lol

zee24
31st August, 2012, 05:23 PM
tough group Hiddink's Anzhi with Etoo and Udinese. Young Boys play on a plastic pitch well they did against Spurs couple of seasons ago in a CL qualifier could cause problems like it did for some of the Spurs players.

Bulld0g
31st August, 2012, 07:38 PM
Rodgers: "We've got a number of targets, we hope to conclude them tomorrow."

Chelsea will consider loaning out Daniel Sturridge if they can push through the purchase of Bayer Leverkusen's Andr? Sch?rrle before Friday night's transfer deadline. (Liverpool or Spurs most likely destination at this moment)

Chelsea may loan out Daniel Sturridge if Andr? Sch?rrle deal is done | Football | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/30/chelsea-loan-daniel-sturrudge-andre-schurrle?newsfeed=true)

BREAKING NEWS: Joe Cole has rejected a move to Spartak Moscow

Well Sturridge wont be coming here, he's been named on the bench for tonights Super cup Chelsea v Atletico Madrid

johnna2112
31st August, 2012, 08:19 PM
i think sunderland will get dempsey for 7 mil, then sell him to liverpool for 76 mil in january lol

andy1967
31st August, 2012, 09:16 PM
Well Sturridge wont be coming here, he's been named on the bench for tonights Super cup Chelsea v Atletico Madrid

Rodgers did say he would'nt sell/loan Carroll without a replacement, still time, Ive read Dempsey still in London at the momment though.

Bulld0g
31st August, 2012, 09:18 PM
Sky Sports understands that Fulham have rejected a bid from Liverpool for Clint Dempsey as several clubs vie for his services.

Aston Villa were first to make their move, and had an offer accepted early on Friday, but they withdrew their interest when Dempsey made it known he was not interested in joining them.

Sunderland have also shown an interest in the 29-year-old - but Sky Sports can now reveal that Tottenham and Liverpool are the front runners as the deadline gets closer.

Liverpool's interest has been long-standing, but with the likes of Charlie Adam and more importantly Andy Carroll leaving Anfield - they now have room to bring in Dempsey.

However, Sky Sports also understands that Tottenham have joined the bidding and are keen to lure the American forward across the capital.

andy1967
31st August, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm reading Dempsey's at Spurs lodge.

firestorm
31st August, 2012, 09:54 PM
Clint Dempsey at spurs training ground looks like we have been gazumped again.Whats going on at Liverpool let a 35m striker go, had all summer to find a good striker and leave it to 1 hour of the transfer season left would not surprise if we ended up with judas back he is free.

andy1967
31st August, 2012, 09:59 PM
Clint Dempsey at spurs training ground looks like we have been gazumped again.Whats going on at Liverpool let a 35m striker go, had all summer to find a good striker and leave it to 1 hour of the transfer season left would not surprise if we ended up with judas back he is free.

and he does'nt have to sign before 11pm tonight lol Macheda maybe b4 11. Dempsey done deal at Spurs.

zee24
31st August, 2012, 10:35 PM
FSG are a joke if they stalled because of a 500k-1m Dempsey's shirt sales alone would have brought in that money.

maca
31st August, 2012, 10:37 PM
Do you honestly believe they never took that into account ?

Bulld0g
31st August, 2012, 10:39 PM
Dempsey signs Three years deal at Spurs

zee24
31st August, 2012, 10:46 PM
No i don't Maca 6m for Dempsey is a great deal for Spurs, Dempsey had only LFC in his thoughts and FSG wern't willing to pay the fee that's the way i see it until they come out and tell me different I will stick to that

firestorm
31st August, 2012, 11:09 PM
Well i feel like the kid that father xmas forgot

mast
1st September, 2012, 12:25 AM
Hi

Totally shocked by the transfer dealings tonight, well not the outs but the lack of anyone coming in.

We shi*ed on Dempsey and was feeling sorry for him in the situation we had put him in and in the end was not happy that we didnt get him but relieved that he ended up with a move after the impossible position he was in at Fulham.

Lots of rumours about some saying we only offered 3 mill and some saying Fulham wanted more of us than the bids they accepted off villa and spurs.

I also feel for BR as think he has been shi*ed on too and will be interesting what we hear from him over the next few days.

Overall financially we are in a better position as we have shifted the deadwood and if we somehow get to the Jan window can have a better window buying wise.

Peeps are even contemplating having judas back..... even that seems tempting at the moment to some but for me has to be a no no.

Regards

assass22
1st September, 2012, 07:54 AM
I think Rodgers has made a mistake not getting a striker in place before offloading Carol. We only have one recognised striker up front now.

Monty31ot
1st September, 2012, 10:13 AM
Get the feeling FSG are still licking their wounds from last season after pumping ?100 million in to transfers with little return. Or they watched the City game and think we already have enough ?

mast
1st September, 2012, 10:50 AM
Hi

Defo think the spending from last season has had a impact but I can understand that if the old management were here and they took that view but theyre not and its new management and so should not restrict BR for last seasons misspending.

Saying that we havent really done that bad in the transfers if you think about overall stronger although light up front and financially getting stable too.

The mistake was announcing Carrolls loan deal, once that was done Fulham and others thought they could screw us. I know we needed to get rid of Carroll before we could do anything so we should have kept that hush hush and then gone after our targets.

Regards

zee24
1st September, 2012, 03:03 PM
They should have terminated Joe Coles contract that would have saved the club a couple of million at least over the season, maybe then we would have had Dempsey.

I still don't get why we didn't pay the extra million or two, we would sell more Dempsey shirts world wide then Spurs could ever imagine, plus making that money back easily.

Owen's available as is Heskey anyone for either of these 2? lol not for me rather give our youth a chance...

zee24
1st September, 2012, 03:36 PM
AFL powerbroker Gillon McLachlan this season knocked back a dream job with English Premier League club Liverpool.

In a sign of his growing reputation as a sports administrator, Liverpool offered him the prime chief executive's role.

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/gillon-mclachlan-knocks-back-position-with-epl-giant-liverpool/story-fnctrk3q-1226463132076)

One thing for sure Ian Ayre shouldn't handle transfers they need to get someone in who is capable of doing the job, getting transfers done, not paying over the odds and doesn't get taken for a ride.

scottymo76
1st September, 2012, 04:52 PM
This is the legacy of 'King' Kenny

Spent crazily on mid table players and now Rodgers is utterly hamstrung in his attempts to fix it.

U offered ?4m for Dempsey. They asked for ?6m.

You couldn't afford that.

In EPL terms u are completely and utterly skint by all accounts.

Rodgers will need to work wonders to even deliver top 6 imho

zee24
1st September, 2012, 05:01 PM
Anelka / Drogba could become available for free if the major shareholder doesn't sort out his dispute.

Even then Drogba wouldn't play for another PL club and I doubt we could afford Anelka's wages

Edit looks like Drogba is a free agent, Real Madrid look fav for him, Juve and City are also linked.

Fellianis Wig
2nd September, 2012, 04:48 PM
This is the legacy of 'King' Kenny

Spent crazily on mid table players and now Rodgers is utterly hamstrung in his attempts to fix it.

U offered ?4m for Dempsey. They asked for ?6m.

You couldn't afford that.

In EPL terms u are completely and utterly skint by all accounts.

Rodgers will need to work wonders to even deliver top 6 imho

They are up shit creek at the minute. They can blame who they like but it wont change the fact that up top they are weak. Borini doesn't look a world beater, Suarez doesn't score enough and they are risking Sterlings future development dropping him in the deep end in an average team playing in small club form.

It'll be yanks ,rodgers, kenny, woy out before Halloween. Thats if pumpkin head Brendan survives that long, got a sneaky feeling Carragher will be the next manager.

colin mckenzie
2nd September, 2012, 05:07 PM
to be fair from an outsider looking in badly need a striker and gerard returning to form, think Joe Allan looks a cracking player though, he looks as good as downing is bad.

rds60h
2nd September, 2012, 05:39 PM
Very strong talk of Michael Owen going back to Liverpool, apparently Rodgers has said that it can't be ruled out.

Fellianis Wig
2nd September, 2012, 05:42 PM
Very strong talk of Michael Owen going back to Liverpool, apparently Rodgers has said that it can't be ruled out.

I can see it happening tbh, you have no strikers , hes an ex player and you will all eat humble pie snapping up man untied cast offs. Welcome to the real world LFC.

zee24
2nd September, 2012, 06:36 PM
According to Rodger's the scouts are scouring for free agents, and there is a clause to recall Andy Carroll but only in January.

andy1967
2nd September, 2012, 06:39 PM
I can see Owen back at LFC, they need him, he wants a club, done deal. How would the fans feel on his return? lol
Did'nt realise how good Sterling is as a player till todays match.

Shamonee
2nd September, 2012, 07:04 PM
According to Rodger's the scouts are scouring for free agents, and there is a clause to recall Andy Carroll but only in January.
The return of Heskey

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

zee24
2nd September, 2012, 07:08 PM
Heskey and Owen are available yes wouldn't welcome either, let Owen rot

maca
2nd September, 2012, 08:22 PM
They are up shit creek at the minute. They can blame who they like but it wont change the fact that up top they are weak. Borini doesn't look a world beater, Suarez doesn't score enough and they are risking Sterlings future development dropping him in the deep end in an average team playing in small club form.

It'll be yanks ,rodgers, kenny, woy out before Halloween. Thats if pumpkin head Brendan survives that long, got a sneaky feeling Carragher will be the next manager.
Thanks for caring so much .......

gc1966
2nd September, 2012, 09:27 PM

no probs maca.will sell you any of our strikers if the price is right

zee24
2nd September, 2012, 09:35 PM
Some free agents: Tuncay Sanli, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Eidur Gudjohnsen, M. Owen, John Carew, James McFadden, David Suazo, Drogba, Heskey, Crespo

maca
2nd September, 2012, 09:41 PM
no probs maca.will sell you any of our strikers if the price is right
Didnt know you had a club m8 sorry

Fellianis Wig
2nd September, 2012, 10:29 PM

Nothing wrong with a dose of reality Maca you have all been living in the past way too long.

Cliff Richard isn't in the charts no more....

Fellianis Wig
2nd September, 2012, 10:31 PM
Some free agents: Tuncay Sanli, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Eidur Gudjohnsen, M. Owen, John Carew, James McFadden, David Suazo, Drogba, Heskey, Crespo

Franny Jeffers is available too he'd suit you lot nicely :roflmao:

maca
2nd September, 2012, 10:38 PM
Not living in the past wiggy far from it m8 we dont need to worry about us we got you to do that. plus didnt know you where a cliff fan lol

Wolfpack
3rd September, 2012, 03:57 AM
Got to say starting Sahin was a mistake against a team like Arsenal. It wasn't his fault Liverpool lost but Shelvey seemed to make a difference when he came on. No time to panic yet. I'm sure Rodgers will get it right. I think so far the really bad mistake was letting Carroll go. To me last year Liverpool couldn't hit the side of a barn crossing the ball but this year they are making some pretty good ones and i keep thinking where is Carroll. Hey Zee24 I don't want Liverpool to sign any of those strikers especially Anelka. No need to panic Liverpool just push to many players forward and got caught on the counter to many times. I'm sure they won't make mistake again.

Monty31ot
3rd September, 2012, 06:55 AM
Even if we had Owen or Anelka/Drogba we still would have lost to Arsenal. Seems to me BR is pointing the blame to the lack of fire power but problems lie deeper then that I feel. Individual errors are costing us Skirtel in the previous games and now Gerrard. Concentration levels in our game are not good enough and these players should be bollocked or dropped. Players need to buck up because 1pt from a possible 15 is what we are facing.

mast
3rd September, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hi

Rodgers aint going anywhere and things will be pulled round.

Ok we are light up front but dont want judas back as his head would balloon if we went running to him.

Drogba is a no go as his wages for the season would probably amount to Dempsey transfer fee.

I dont think the transfer window has been too bad think the only mistake was letting Carrol go before replacement was signed and even then I think the club probably thought Dempsey would be done but Fulham played funny buggers.

Dont think I would have agreed to pay more money when Fulham were prepared to take less from others and the price to us was different.

I think JWH letter to the fans today is pretty fair and sincere. Dont think other owners would have tried to explain themselves and I think he has been pretty honest.

As far as the game against Arsenal goes usually one or two players out of form you can cope with but there were too many players not performimg and they need to sort themselves out, maybe they were reeling from how the transfer window ended or something but they need to get there finger out.

Riena, Gerrard, Suarez, Johnson were piss poor I thought and Sahin did ok but maybe shouldnt have started the game.

Regards

mast
3rd September, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hi

JWH letter.

John Henry***039;s open letter to fans - Liverpool FC (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/john-henry-s-open-letter-to-fans)

CKxx
3rd September, 2012, 02:29 PM
I think people just need to have a little patience. There are too many "football manager" bedroom tacticians who think that a transfer is as simple as paying a fee and agreeing wages. There are far too many factors for these people to comprehend.

slippy05
3rd September, 2012, 02:41 PM
Is steven gerarrd un-droppable?

For me he has been the greatest central midfielder to ever play the game, but he has been really poor so far this season (bar man city)

Brendan needs to realise quickly that he can not play as part of a midfield three, either play him further forward or drop him.

Why cant any of our managers see that gerrard cant be trusted in the middle of a park defensively?!

Rafa saw it, and put him on the right and devised a system that meant he was covered when we lost the ball, mr rodgers needs to do the same.

The same goes for suarez, he gives the ball away too much for this kind of system to work.

The system is based around ball retention and possession, but suraez always trys a flick or a nutmeg and loses the ball and we get countered straight away.

He also needs to be out wide, and not the central striker because if you lose possession on the wings you still have a chance to get back. Lose it in the middle like we have been and we are wide open.

Sad thing is that leaves us borini for the central role and im not sure he can hack it

We messed up badly letting carroll go, its cock up after cock up at this club.

They all need to take blame, brendan rodgers wanted him out very early on and made that clear, .but i think a good manager would have been able to utalise him.

We dont have a plan b anymore, and tika-taka football needs tika taka players.......18 of them minimum.

We have about 4

agger, allen, sahin, sterling

Gerrard and suarez arent tika-taka players and many of the others have been coached a different way for so long i just cant see how they will be able to adapt a totally different mentality when they have the ball.

We tried to out pass arsenal.....a team and manager that has played that way for 15 years, that was a big mistake.

Pepe reina has also been shite for about 2-3 years, and he needs dropping but brad jones is dodgy and nobody at the club knows where doni is?! he has gone awol

Rodgers said he would build a system and tactics based around the players he had and what brought out their strengths, he hasnt done that yet. getting rid of carrol tells me rodgers will only play the tika-taka way and thats not good news for us!

I just hope he realises its some of his big star players that are letting him down and adapts or drops them

Wolfpack
4th September, 2012, 12:53 AM
Slippy05 you said it all. Rodgers shouldn't of let Carroll go. I think when Lucas is paired with Allen the midfield will become a rock where we won't get caught on a counter.

zee24
4th September, 2012, 12:55 PM
Andy Carroll has been ruled out for 6 weeks

zee24
4th September, 2012, 12:57 PM
BBC1 Sun 9 Sept 22:25 'Hillsborough- the search for Truth'.
(30 mins)

ITV Mon 10 Sept 22:35 'Hillsborough - The Search for Truth' (1hr)

By the way they are both different programmes

Edit:

For those not in the North West or Yorkshire areas who want to Watch BBC's Hillsborough doc, it's also on Sky Channels 957 & 958

zee24
6th September, 2012, 08:02 PM
Samed Yesil scored twice as Germany U19s beat an England side featuring Raheem Sterling and Adam Morgan on Thursday evening.

The 18-year-old, who signed for Liverpool from Bayer Leverkusen last week, was inspired during the 3-1 friendly win.

He found the net after two minutes of each half, and set up the final goal for teammate Sebastian Kerk, before getting a standing ovation as he was subbed on 81 minutes.

Sterling lasted 65 minutes, while Morgan was withdrawn with a quarter of an hour remaining.

Meanwhile, Jonjo Shelvey was also on top form as England U21s prevailed 2-0 in Azerbaijan.

It was his free-kick that set up a glancing header for Steven Caulker to make it 1-0, and the midfielder put the seal on the victory with a well-taken volley late on.

The U21s were skippered by Jordan Henderson for the Euro 2013 qualifier, while Martin Kelly also started.

khan07958
7th September, 2012, 01:02 AM
Part 1 - Brendan Rodgers Interview PART 1 (Redmen TV Exclusive) - YouTube
Part 2 - Brendan Rodgers Interview PART 2 (Redmen TV Exclusive) - YouTube

firestorm
7th September, 2012, 05:20 AM
Samed Yesil two goals for Germany

Samed Yesil Goals vs England U19's - YouTube (http://youtu.be/WTJkRjYhjQg)

slippy05
7th September, 2012, 05:19 PM
Thouroughly enjoyed watching those 2 videos

I love the way brendan speaks and i hope he is the right man for us and i hope he is given time

I dont care if he gutts out the squad as long as he brings in the right players and gets them playing football how he wants in the long term

He is an inspirational man and i believe in his idea's, but as fans we need to realise its going to take time.

Teaching old dogs new tricks is tough and many of them have played one way for so long i dont think they can be taught. But over the next 2 years he will get rid of them and if he can bring in more quality like joe allen we will do very well under this guy.

Bulld0g
8th September, 2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-19507065

The Sun journalist who wrote a story alleging drunk Liverpool fans abused victims and police during the Hillsborough disaster said he was "aghast" when he saw the headline.

Reporter Harry Arnold told the BBC his story had been written in a "fair and balanced way" and the controversial claims had been "allegations".

He said it was editor Kelvin MacKenzie who wrote the headline "The Truth".

Official papers will be released on Wednesday, 23 years after the disaster.

On 15 April 1989, 95 Liverpool fans were crushed to death and hundreds more injured on the steel-fenced terraces of Sheffield Wednesday's stadium, which was hosting the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

The 96th victim died in 1993 after four years in a persistent vegetative state.

Requests have been made by the BBC for a response or comment from Mr MacKenzie, but he has so far not responded.

'Can't say that'
In the programme, called Hillsborough: Searching for the Truth, Mr Arnold says: "On the Sun, Kelvin MacKenzie was the rather controversial editor at the time. He liked to write his own headlines.

"He wrote the headline 'The Truth', and the reason I know that is I was about to leave the newsroom when I saw him drawing up the front page

You don't argue with an editor like Kelvin MacKenzie?

Harry Arnold
Former Sun reporter
"When I saw the headline 'The Truth' I was aghast, because that wasn't what I'd written.

"I'd never used the words the truth, "this is the truth about the Hillsborough Disaster" - I'd merely written, I hoped and I still believe, in a balanced and fair way.

"So I said to Kelvin MacKenzie, "You can't say that".

"And he said 'Why not?' and I said 'because we don't know that it's the truth. This is a version of 'the truth'.

"And he brushed it aside and said 'Oh don't worry. I'm going to make it clear that this is what some people are saying'.

"And I walked away thinking, well I'm not happy with the situation.

"But the fact is reporters don't argue with an editor.

"And in particular, you don't argue with an editor like Kelvin MacKenzie."

'Rancid lie'
Liverpool fan Dave Kirby, who was at Hillsborough on the day of the tragedy, said: "Talk about kicking you when you're down. That was our hour of need.

"We had our arms open, looking for compassion and they came up with that despicable, obscene, rancid lie.

Liverpool fan Dave Kirby said The Sun had printed a "despicable lie"
"There were a few broadsheets that went with it but it was The Sun that went with 'The Truth'."

A police officer who was on duty at Hillsborough when the events of 15 April 1989 unfolded told the programme he understood the anger of people in the ground at the time.

The officer said he had been at the scene and the fans did not behave in ways described by The Sun's front page headline or strap-lines.

He said: "I didn't see any Liverpool fans urinating on a police officer, or any police officers, and I didn't see any Liverpool fans steal money, steal money from dead people or pick money up that had fallen out of people's pockets.

"I didn't see that. And it probably didn't happen."

Thousands of documents
Senior officers responsible for policing the game, David Duckenfield and Bernard Murray, faced disciplinary proceedings and both left the force.

Mr Murray was cleared of two counts of manslaughter and the jury could not reach a verdict on Mr Duckenfield at a private prosecution at Leeds Crown Court in July 2000.

The documents relating to the Hillsborough disaster will be released at Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral on 12 September.

The government and police documents will be released in conjunction with a report from the Hillsborough Independent Panel.

It has examined hundreds of thousands of documents related to the disaster and has been chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool, the Right Reverend James Jones.

Hillsborough: Searching for the Truth is broadcast on BBC One in Yorkshire and the North West on Sunday at 22:25 BST.

zee24
8th September, 2012, 10:28 PM
A documentary offering fans a truly unique insight into what goes on behind-the-scenes at Liverpool Football Club will premiere on Channel 5 later this month.

Filming on Being: Liverpool - which will be narrated by Golden Globe-winning actor and Reds fan Clive Owen - began in May.

http://www.epltalk.com/media/2012/08/being-liverpool-poster-600x868.jpg
The FOX cameras rolled throughout the summer as new manager Brendan Rodgers*was appointed*and took his squad to North America. The six-part show follows the start to our Barclays Premier League campaign right up until the transfer window closing.

Liverpool are the first major football power in the world to open*their doors in this way having teamed up with FOX Sports Media Group.

Produced by Emmy Award-winning Scott Boggins, the show will debut in the US on September 16 and will be available to a worldwide audience of more than 300 million homes.

Viewers will see the players and management as they've never seen them before as the cameras take you into Melwood, the team hotel in North America, the dressing room and the manager's office.

Liverpool are the first participants in Fox's 'Being' franchise, which promises to give fans: "A deep, thoughtful look at the superstars and teams of today from their point-of-view at critical junctures and telling moments that show the viewer who and what they really are. It is intended to be an all-access invitation into the personal and professional lives of some of the iconic people and institutions in today's sporting landscape."

Stay tuned to Liverpoolfc.com for details of when you'll be able to watch the show.

zee24
8th September, 2012, 10:31 PM
Fox have another doc on Chelsea and Man City planned in the pipeline, will be interesting seeing what Balotelli gets up to behind the scenes lol

Bulld0g
9th September, 2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19515644

Liverpool boss
Brendan Rodgers wants his players to "man up" in the face of injuries as they
look to battle through until January with a limited squad.

The Reds have only two senior strikers after failing to replace Andy Carroll,
who joined West Ham on loan.

"We are going to be stretched to the limit between now and January," Rodgers
told the Anfield Wrap podcast.

"I've spoken to the players and told them if you get little niggles or little
injuries you've got to man up."

Rodgers, who succeeded Kenny Dalglish in May, has overseen Liverpool's worst
start to a league season in 50 years amid criticism of the club's summer
transfer dealings.

After allowing Carroll to join the Hammers on loan on the eve of transfer
deadline day, the club failed with a bid for Clint Dempsey, who joined
Tottenham, and missed out on a loan deal for Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge.

Senior players Charlie Adam, Craig Bellamy, Maxi Rodriguez, Dirk Kuyt,
Alberto Aquilani and Fabio Aurelio were all offloaded over the summer with just
Fabio Borini, Joe Allen and Oussama Assaidi coming in on permanent deals.

Rodgers admitted the summer transfer dealings "didn't quite go to plan" but
insists he was right to trim a bloated and overpaid squad.

The former Swansea boss plans to put his faith in young players before he has
the option to make signings again in the January transfer window.

"Every manager wants more players but there needed to be a little bit of
surgery done on the squad," he said. "Some of the wages were absolutely
astronomical in terms of value and worth, and that needed to be looked at.

"I think what we are going to see over the next three or four months is 'do
we have enough good young players to come in?' That will take us through to
January then we can assess it from there."

Rodgers has already introduced 17-year-old winger Raheem Sterling to his
starting line-up and also name-checked Suso, an 18-year-old Spanish striker
signed by Rafael Benitez from Cadiz in 2010.

"Maybe boys like Suso will get an opportunity now," he
said. "If you look at the Premier League and compare it with other European
leagues, the percentage of under-21 players is very, very small.

"I have an inherent belief in young players. They have to have the talent and
the personality. A young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An
older player will look for a hole in the fence.

"Young Raheem has been fantastic. I got into him a couple of times, saying
'come on my friend' and I have to say his response has been fantastic.

"He is getting better tactically and he is a threat. I am trying to keep him
out of the media and keep him focused and composed and then Liverpool will have
a player for the future."

In a 45-minute discussion with fan groups, broadcast by the Anfield Wrap,
Rodgers went on to defend his trademark short-passing style but urged Liverpool
supporters to be patient.

"I understand that you people need results and want to see improvement but
the more we work together, we get the ideas and the types of players that fit
this way of working, you will see it change very quickly," he said.

Meanwhile, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is confident they will turn
things around.

Gerrard, with England in Chisinau for their opening World Cup qualifier
against Moldova, said: "When you're not winning it's tough but when you've got
my kind of experience you don't panic after three games.

"Against Manchester City we were fantastic and should have won but against
Arsenal it was the opposite. We didn't deserve anything from that game."

But Gerrard added: "This is no time to panic. It has been a tough few weeks
for us but I don't think it is anything we can't straighten out."

Bulld0g
9th September, 2012, 09:30 PM
BBC1 Sun 9 Sept 22:25 'Hillsborough- the search for Truth'.
(30 mins)

ITV Mon 10 Sept 22:35 'Hillsborough - The Search for Truth' (1hr)

By the way they are both different programmes

Edit:

For those not in the North West or Yorkshire areas who want to Watch BBC's Hillsborough doc, it's also on Sky Channels 957 & 958

Bump for anyone that's interested :)

zee24
10th September, 2012, 12:48 AM
Hillsborough - Searching for the Truth (link will only work for people in the UK)

BBC iPlayer - Hillsborough - Searching for the Truth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mrmq1/Hillsborough_Searching_for_the_Truth/)

slippy05
10th September, 2012, 03:48 PM
sterling has just been called up to the full england squad for the world cup qualifier against ukraine

what do us reds think about this?

Bulld0g
10th September, 2012, 07:16 PM
Far too soon. I would rather we had no one away for internationals :)

slippy05
10th September, 2012, 08:41 PM
Far too soon. I would rather we had no one away for internationals :)

Yea im not a fan of international anyway and i agree it is far to soon, some are saying its only because Jamaica have been sniffing around him.

Would much prefer for him to stay under the radar and out of the media spotlight but i guess that's impossible in football these days.

Shady
10th September, 2012, 10:30 PM
loads of countires call up young players into full set up early... why when england do it do people get their knickers in a twist?

zee24
11th September, 2012, 01:06 AM
ITV doc Hillsborough - The Search for Truth (for people in the UK and outside of the UK)

(Note. this doc was different to the one aired on Sunday on the BBC with the same title. I felt this one was a lot better)

ITV1 London - Hillsborough_ The Search for Truth - Video Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtgacf_itv1-london-hillsborough-the-search-for-truth_news)

slippy05
11th September, 2012, 03:27 AM
loads of countires call up young players into full set up early... why when england do it do people get their knickers in a twist?

Ermmmmmmm who said we are?

Loads of people talk about players from they're own teams, why do people question our questions when we do?

Bulld0g
12th September, 2012, 02:29 PM
Prime Minister David Cameron has given a statement to Parliament after the release of previously unseen documents relating to the Hillsborough disaster.

Here is his statement in full:

"Today the Bishop of Liverpool, the Rt Reverend James Jones, is publishing the report of the Hillsborough Independent Panel.

The disaster at the Hillsborough football stadium on 15 April 1989 was one of the greatest peacetime tragedies of the last century. Ninety-six people died as a result of a crush in the Leppings Lane Terrace at the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

There was a public inquiry at the time by Lord Justice Taylor which found - and I quote - that the main cause of the disaster was 'a failure of police control'. But the inquiry didn't have access to all the documents that have since become available.

It didn't properly examine the response of the emergency services, it was followed by a deeply controversial inquest and by a media version of events that sought to blame the fans.

As a result, the families have not heard the truth and have not found justice.

That is why the previous government - and in particular - the Rt Hon Member for Leigh was right to set up this panel.

And it is why this government insisted that no stone should be left unturned and that all papers should be made available to the Bishop of Liverpool and his team.

Mr Speaker, in total over 450,000 pages of evidence have been reviewed.

It was right that the families should see the report first.

As a result the government has only had a very limited amount of time to study the evidence so far. But it is already very clear that many of the report's findings are deeply distressing.

There are three areas in particular.

The failure of the authorities to help protect people. The attempt to blame the fans. And the doubt cast on the original coroner' s inquest.

Let me take each in turn.

Findings: Failure of the authorities
First, there is new evidence about how the authorities failed.

There is a trail of new documents which show the extent to which the safety of the crowd at Hillsborough was 'compromised at every level'.

The ground failed to meet minimum standards and the 'deficiencies were well known'.

The turnstiles were inadequate.

The ground capacity had been significantly over-calculated.

The crush barriers failed to meet safety standards.

There had been a crush at exactly the same match the year before.

And today's report shows clearly that lessons had not been learnt.

The report backs up again the key finding of the Taylor Report on police failure.

But it goes further by revealing for the first time the shortcomings of the ambulance and emergency services response.

The major incident plan was not fully implemented.

Rescue attempts were held back by failures of leadership and co-ordination.

And, significantly, new documents today show there was a delay from the emergency services when people were being crushed and killed.

Findings: Attempt to blame the fans
Second, the families have long believed that some of the authorities attempted to create a completely unjust account of events that sought to blame the fans for what happened.

Mr Speaker, the families were right.

The evidence in today's report includes briefings to the media and attempts by the police to change the record of events.

On the media. Several newspapers reported false allegations that fans were drunk and violent and stole from the dead.

The Sun's report sensationalised these allegations under a banner headline "The Truth".

This was clearly wrong and caused huge offence, distress and hurt.

News International has co-operated with the panel and, for the first time, today's report reveals that the source for these despicable untruths was a Sheffield news agency reporting conversations with South Yorkshire Police and Irvine Patnick, the then MP for Sheffield Hallam.

The report finds that this was part of police efforts - and I quote - 'to develop and publicise a version of events that focused on allegations of drunkenness, ticketlessness and violence.'

In terms of changing the record of events, we already know that police reports were significantly altered but the full extent was not drawn to Lord Justice Taylor's attention.

Today's report finds that 164 statements were significantly amended - and 116 explicitly removed negative comments about the policing operation - including its lack of leadership.

The report also makes important findings about particular actions taken by the police and coroner while investigating the deaths.

There is new evidence which shows that police officers carried out police national computer checks on those who had died in an attempt - and I quote from the report - 'to impugn the reputations of the deceased.'

The coroner took blood alcohol levels from all of the deceased including children.

The panel finds no rationale whatsoever for what it regards as an 'exceptional' decision.

The report states clearly that the attempt of the inquest to draw a link between blood alcohol and late arrival was 'fundamentally flawed'.

And that alcohol consumption was 'unremarkable and not exceptional for a social or leisure occasion'.

Mr Speaker, over all these years questions have been raised about the role of the government - including whether it did enough to uncover the truth.

It is certainly true that some of the language in the government papers published today was insensitive.

But having been through every document - and every government document including cabinet minutes will be published - the panel found no evidence of any government trying to conceal the truth.

At the time of the Taylor Report the then prime minister was briefed by her private secretary that the defensive and - I quote - 'close to deceitful' behaviour of senior South Yorkshire officers was 'depressingly familiar'.

And it is clear that the then government thought it right that the chief constable of South Yorkshire should resign.

But as the Rt Hon Member for Leigh has rightly highlighted, governments then and since have simply not done enough to challenge publicly the unjust and untrue narrative that sought to blame the fans.

Findings: Original coroner's inquest
Third, and perhaps most significantly of all, the Bishop of Liverpool's report presents new evidence which casts significant doubt over the adequacy of the original inquest.

The coroner - on the advice of pathologists - believed that victims suffered traumatic asphyxia leading to unconsciousness within seconds and death within a few minutes.

As a result he asserted that beyond 3.15pm there were no actions that could have changed the fate of the victims and he limited the scope of the inquest accordingly.

But by analysing post mortem reports the panel have found that 28 did not have obstruction of blood circulation and 31 had evidence of heart and lungs continuing to function after the crush.

This means that individuals in those groups could have had potentially reversible asphyxia beyond 3.15pm, in contrast to the findings of the coroner and a subsequent judicial review.

And the panel states clearly that 'it is highly likely that what happened to those individuals after 3.15pm was significant' in determining whether they died.

Response
Mr Speaker, the conclusions of this report will be harrowing for many of the families affected.

Anyone who has lost a child knows the pain never leaves you.

But to read a report years afterwards that says - and I quote - 'a swifter, more appropriate, better focused and properly equipped response had the potential to save more lives' can only add to the pain.

It is for the attorney general to decide whether to apply to the High Court to quash the original inquest and seek a new one.

In this capacity he acts independently of government. And he will need to examine the evidence himself.

But it is clear to me that the new evidence in today's report raises vital questions which must be examined.

And the attorney general has assured me that he will examine this new evidence immediately and reach a decision as fast as possible.

But ultimately it is for the High Court to decide.

It is also right that the House should have an opportunity to debate the issues raised in this report fully.

My Rt Hon Friend the home secretary will be taking forward a debate in government time. And this will happen when the House returns in October.

Apology
Mr Speaker, I want to be very clear about the view the government takes about these findings and why after 23 years this matters so much, not just for the families but for Liverpool and for our country as a whole.

Mr Speaker what happened that day - and since - was wrong.

It was wrong that the responsible authorities knew Hillsborough did not meet minimum safety standards and yet still allowed the match to go ahead.

It was wrong that the families have had to wait for so long - and fight so hard - just to get to the truth.

And it was wrong that the police changed the records of what happened and tried to blame the fans.

We ask the police to do difficult and often very dangerous things on our behalf.

And South Yorkshire Police is a very different organisation today from what it was then.

But we do the many, many honourable police men and women a great disservice if we try to defend the indefensible.

It was also wrong that neither Lord Justice Taylor nor the coroner looked properly at the response of the other emergency services.

Again, these are dedicated people who do extraordinary things to serve the public.

But the evidence from today's report makes very difficult reading.

Mr Speaker, with the weight of the new evidence in this report, it is right for me today as prime minister to make a proper apology to the families of the 96 for all they have suffered over the past 23 years.

Indeed, the new evidence that we are presented with today makes clear that these families have suffered a double injustice.

The injustice of the appalling events - the failure of the state to protect their loved ones and the indefensible wait to get to the truth.

And the injustice of the denigration of the deceased - that they were somehow at fault for their own deaths.

On behalf of the government - and indeed our country - I am profoundly sorry for this double injustice that has been left uncorrected for so long.

Why this matters for Merseyside and the country
Mr Speaker, because of what I have described as the second injustice - the false version of events - not enough people in this country understand what the people of Merseyside have been through.

This appalling death toll of so many loved ones lost was compounded by an attempt to blame the victims.

A narrative about hooliganism on that day was created which led many in the country to accept that it was somehow a grey area.

Today's report is black and white.

The Liverpool fans 'were not the cause of the disaster'.

The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Mr Speaker, I'm sure the whole House will want to thank the Bishop of Liverpool and his panel for all the work they have done.

And I am sure that all sides will join with me in paying tribute to the incredible strength and dignity of the Hillsborough families and the community which has backed them in their long search for justice.

While nothing can ever bring back those who have been lost with all the documents revealed and nothing held back the families, at last, have access to the truth.

And I commend this statement to the House."

zee24
12th September, 2012, 04:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7C0UcrGiJaU/Tai_GBAiLcI/AAAAAAAAAU0/0p6PEWYVVXA/s1600/JFT96.jpg

Gone But Never Forgotten, RIP YNWA

zee24
12th September, 2012, 04:40 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_magazine_big_picture/Everton120912.jpg

Respect to Everton FC and those who have stuck by us through thick and thin since that day. What we saw that day could have happened to any teams fans and they could have been blamed for causing it to happen just like the innocent victims and there families have had to suffer for 23 years. The TRUTH has finally been revealed I hope Justice for the 96 and the families comes next YNWA...

nicole123
12th September, 2012, 05:08 PM
There are 96 stars shining a little brighter in the sky tonight! the truth at last! Sleep tight boys and girls! You never walked alone!

zee24
12th September, 2012, 05:22 PM
This is what the front page should be...

http://www.feintzebra.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/justice-96-new.jpg

zee24
12th September, 2012, 05:28 PM
From Kenny Dalglish's autobiography, when Kelvin MacKenzie contacted him after Hillsborough.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2mZtBlCAAE8vhB.jpg:large

bugaloo41
12th September, 2012, 07:50 PM
An absolute tragedy that Liverpool have had to wait 23 years for the truth to come out.

Hopefully it provides some comfort for the families who have suffered the indignity of lies and cover up despite valiant efforts to uncover the truth.

A day that I will remember for the rest of my life and hopefully something that no football fan will ever have to suffer again.

I really do hope that justice is done properly here. The PM`s words were gracious but those that lied to cover their own necks should now be brought to justice and held accountable for the grotesque cover up which they manufactured.

RIP the 96.

j.efc
12th September, 2012, 07:58 PM
rip to the 96, you never have an never will walk alone

Rscab
12th September, 2012, 10:53 PM
The truth at last

A special thanks to the families of the 96

and all the Liverpool fans & supporters from other clubs that

have supported them over the last 23 years.

We've always known the truth

YNWA

andy1967
12th September, 2012, 10:57 PM
Never mind the apologies, where are the arrests? Just heard that some police are still in there jobs today.

zee24
12th September, 2012, 11:38 PM
CELTIC Football Club would like to send its support to the city of Liverpool, Liverpool Football Club and, most importantly, to the families of the 96 people who died in the Hillsborough disaster on April 15, 1989.

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: There has always been a strong bond between Celtic and Liverpool FC, and between supporters of both clubs, and the Celtic family has long supported the campaign for Justice for the 96.

On this important day, when previously unseen official documents have been released for the first time, the hope is that it will bring justice, and the truth about what happened at Hillsborough, a step closer for all those involved.

As always, our thoughts and prayers remain with the families of those who lost loved ones on that tragic day when 96 people went to a football match and did not return home."

southpaw83
13th September, 2012, 12:43 PM
Never mind the apologies, where are the arrests? Just heard that some police are still in there jobs today.

Next up hopefully

leotheloin
13th September, 2012, 10:06 PM
Congratulations to all the people of Liverpool and there football club for never giving up totally admire you for that. JUSTICE AT LAST.
You never walk alone from a manu fan

tshirtman
14th September, 2012, 08:47 PM
I came across this today, and thought some of you, may want to watch it.

Hillsborough (1996) PDTV XviD

Drama based on the real life events of April 1989, when ninety-six Liverpool supporters were crushed to death during an F.A. Cup Semi-Final match against Nottingham Forest at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough Stadium. This movie follows three Liverpudlian families before the match, during the tragedy and at the ensuing court battles which tried to decide who was to blame and what went wrong.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|105p10|555559248|h.1996.u56952.rm.rar|8 80617|0|0

zee24
14th September, 2012, 09:04 PM
Sneak peak: Being Liverpool - Brendan Rodgers instructs players - YouTube

Being: Liverpool - Another Teaser Trailer - YouTube

Starts nxt Friday on Channel 5 9pm

zee24
14th September, 2012, 09:22 PM
or if you can't wait that long here you go

Being Liverpool : Episode 1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtlxpu_being-liverpool-episode-1_sport

sorry its been deleted

Bulld0g
14th September, 2012, 09:35 PM
I came across this today, and thought some of you, may want to watch it.

Hillsborough (1996) PDTV XviD

Drama based on the real life events of April 1989, when ninety-six Liverpool supporters were crushed to death during an F.A. Cup Semi-Final match against Nottingham Forest at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough Stadium. This movie follows three Liverpudlian families before the match, during the tragedy and at the ensuing court battles which tried to decide who was to blame and what went wrong.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|105p10|555559248|h.1996.u56952.rm.rar|8 80617|0|0

I have watched this a couple of times over the years and would recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.

teesdale
15th September, 2012, 09:59 AM
There has been a great injustice and coverup and all those responsible and involved in this traversty of juctice should be held accountable.

Charges of Perjury should be brought against anyone involved in this matter !!!

Bulld0g
15th September, 2012, 10:29 PM
The song that was adopted as an anthem by Liverpool Football Clubs fans has returned to No 1, following a campaign by supporters in the aftermath of disclosures about the Hillsborough disaster.

You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry and the Pacemakers was No 1 in 1963 and was adopted by fans at Anfield. This time it is top of the charts in the iTunes store, based on the number of downloads.

The Hillsborough Independent Panel report, released earlier this week, said a cover-up took place to shift the blame from police and emergency services on to Liverpool fans and the 96 innocent victims of the tragedy.

The report also said that 41 of the 96 lives lost at Sheffield Wednesday's stadium on 15 April 1989, could have been saved.

Now Liverpool fans are trying to get their football club's anthem to No 1 in the charts to "send a message" to the nation.

Lifelong Liverpool fan and Walton MP Steve Rotheram told the Liverpool Echo: "People just started buying the record ***8211; it was in the top 20 within a few hours.

"It's just crazy the way its spread online. I spoke with Gerry and he told me any proceeds he gets from the sales he will be donating to the Hillsborough charities."

He said: "We need to keep the momentum going and if we could get You'll Never Walk Alone to No 1 this would send a really positive message.

"It will not bring the 96 back but since the release of the report the dark cloud that was hanging over Liverpool and its people has been lifted."

Thanks to all that bought it, it's not just for the song but the reason behind it

Wolfpack
15th September, 2012, 11:56 PM
Is Rodgers system working? They started to come around in the second half but if Liverpool played someone better i think they would of lost. The midfield couldn't hold the ball and was run over for most of the game. This was a game they should of won. Atleast they got a point out of it.

maca
16th September, 2012, 12:05 AM
Is Rodgers system working? They started to come around in the second half but if Liverpool played someone better i think they would of lost. The midfield couldn't hold the ball and was run over for most of the game. This was a game they should of won. Atleast they got a point out of .it.
stevie wonder reporting from the baseball court

Bulld0g
16th September, 2012, 11:42 AM
Is Rodgers system working? They started to come around in the second half but if Liverpool played someone better i think they would of lost. The midfield couldn't hold the ball and was run over for most of the game. This was a game they should of won. Atleast they got a point out of it.

Hmmm maybe i was right and we should have given Kenny another season eh ;)

tshirtman
16th September, 2012, 12:03 PM
Another one for you lot in the ebooks section.

Rush: The Autobiography

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f196/all-things-football-278046/index3.html#post1698973

Bulld0g
16th September, 2012, 01:51 PM
Liverpool City Council ePetition - Removal of Sir Irvine Patnick?s Knighthood (http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/mgEPetitionDisplay.aspx?ID=17&RPID=4231961&HPID=4231961) - "Sir" Irvine Patnick OBE

Liverpool City Council ePetition - Removal of Sir Norman Bettison's Knighthood and QPM (http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/mgEPetitionDisplay.aspx?ID=19&RPID=4541469&HPID=4541469) - Sir Norman Bettison

If you think these two lying bastards should be stripped of their Knighthoods then sign the petitions.

scw1983
16th September, 2012, 08:14 PM

Its gonna take a bit of time before the system is fully working, also the fixture list hasn't exactly been kind early doors to bring it in. The next few weeks should bring a few more points as after united the fixtures look a bit easier (on paper)

Bulld0g
17th September, 2012, 08:38 PM
Fantastic tribute by Everton before tonights kick off. 5000 Don't buy the sun flyers handed out, all the ball boys wearing shirts with 96 on and 2 mascots, one in a Liverpool kit and the other in Evertons. He aint heavy he's my brother being played over the tannoy to a standing ovation. Big respect to Everton.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3BDexFCMAIg0oH.jpg

Bulld0g
17th September, 2012, 08:54 PM
Everton tribute to the 96 - Video Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xto83v_everton-tribute-to-the-96_lifestyle?start=12)

zee24
17th September, 2012, 09:19 PM
Brilliant tribute by the blues, thanks for the video Bully

Bulld0g
17th September, 2012, 09:29 PM
Liverpool's lack of senior strikers has prompted Brendan Rodgers to include Samed Yesil in his plans for the Europa League tie against Young Boys on Thursday.

The 18-year-old, signed from Bayer Leverkusen for ?1m in the final week of the transfer window, will be promoted to the first-team squad in Berne as Rodgers attempts to eke out his slender resources ahead of the Premier League meeting with Manchester United on Sunday.

Yesil made his first appearance for Liverpool on Saturday in the Under-21s' 4-1 win over Chelsea and could be joined by Suso, an 18-year-old Spanish forward, in what is likely to be a youthful Liverpool side for the opening game in Group A.

The Liverpool manager confirmed: "Samed will certainly be fast-tracked. He will be involved in the Europa League game. I watched him play [for Germany] against England Under-19s the other week when he scored two terrific goals and set up another."

Liverpool's failure to replace Andy Carroll on transfer deadline day has left Rodgers with only Luis Su?rez and Fabio Borini as recognised senior forwards until January. In response the manager preferred to turn to the club's academy rather than pursue free agents such as Michael Owen and he is expected to give several young players an opportunity in Switzerland.

He said: "The biggest thing for young players now is that the introduction of Raheem Sterling has given the seven- and eight-year-olds the one thing in life you want ? hope. Every young academy player, every parent or guardian, has got hope that a young player will play at Liverpool. I moved a lot of the young players up to Melwood [training ground] during international week and you could see it in their attitude. They have a spring in their step. They feel that they have got a chance. And they will get that. There is nothing better than when you see a young kid come through.

"A lot of people have done great work with Raheem over a period of time. All I have done is give him a chance. There will be that chance for Yesil and one or two other boys over these period of months now."

Fellianis Wig
18th September, 2012, 01:02 AM
Everton tribute to the 96 - Video Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xto83v_everton-tribute-to-the-96_lifestyle?start=12)

I was in the park end had goosebumps all over and a lump in me throat during this JFT96

Wolfpack
18th September, 2012, 02:10 AM
stevie wonder reporting from the baseball court

Just because you read ( That is if you can on a 5 grade level ) football for dummies doesn't mean you know any thing about the game.:laugh:

Wolfpack
18th September, 2012, 02:29 AM
Its gonna take a bit of time before the system is fully working, also the fixture list hasn't exactly been kind early doors to bring it in. The next few weeks should bring a few more points as after united the fixtures look a bit easier (on paper)

I agree having to play ManC and Arsenal and ManU within the first five games is tough on a team trying to learn Rodgers system. I except those games to be tough and getting a point would be be great but against teams in Sunderland class Liverpool should be getting no less than 3 points. No matter how you look at the game of football it really isn't a difficult game to play.

Fellianis Wig
18th September, 2012, 02:34 AM
Just because you read ( That is if you can on a 5 grade level ) football for dummies doesn't mean you know any thing about the game.:laugh:

Stop embarrassing yourself and the proper reds ffs you yanks think because you have google you are the best supporters going when in all honesty without google or the internet you'd not have a ~~~~ing clue and tbh even with it you prove most don't, buddy.

Fellianis Wig
18th September, 2012, 02:39 AM
I agree having to play ManC and Arsenal and ManU within the first five games is tough on a team trying to learn Rodgers system. I except those games to be tough and getting a point would be be great but against teams in Sunderland class Liverpool should be getting no less than 3 points. No matter how you look at the game of football it really isn't a difficult game to play.

I rest my case your honour what a ~~~~ing balloon'ed

scottymo76
18th September, 2012, 09:45 AM
There seems to be a real push to excuse Liverpool's start with the 'learning to play a new system' nonsense.

Big teams get big managers who have big players who adapt because they are class.

I don't remember Chelsea toiling when Mourinho first came in or Arsenal with Wenger.

Or even other clubs like Villa when MoN first took over.

Bottom line if a class manager took over a squad with some of the players Liverpool had (Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Aquilani, Carroll) I suggest he would have made a better fist of things.

Rodgers says all the right things but I think what we have here is someone in love with a footballing philosophy and blind to the fact that with the exception of Barcelona (who have trained there youngsters for 10-15yrs in it) then it struggles.

I think if everyone is a little more realistic about the start then the onus will be on Rogers (and the board) to get it fixed asap

As it stands I can't believe I am reading Liverpool fans basically saying 'Yeah but we had some big teams at the start'

You are Liverpool. You are supposed to BE one of those 'big' teams.

You should DEMAND to be nothing less and expect nothing less.

Are things really so bad you are now covering mediocrity with flimsy excuses that do not stand up to scrutiny?

alom5
18th September, 2012, 10:02 AM
There seems to be a real push to excuse Liverpool's start with the 'learning to play a new system' nonsense.

Big teams get big managers who have big players who adapt because they are class.

I don't remember Chelsea toiling when Mourinho first came in or Arsenal with Wenger.

Bottom line if a class manager took over a squad with some of the players Liverpool had (Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Aquilani, Carroll) I suggest he would have made a better fist of things.

Rodgers says all the right things but I think what we have here is someone in love with a footballing philosophy and blind to the fact that with the exception of Barcelona (who have trained there youngsters for 10-15yrs in it) then it struggles.

I think if everyone is a little more realistic about the start then the onus will be on Rogers (and the board) to get it fixed asap

As it stands I can't believe I am reading Liverpool fans basically saying 'Yeah but we had some big teams at the start'

Are things really so bad you are now covering mediocrity with flimsy excuses that do not stand up to scrutiny?

I have to agree with this comment. It used be really feisty times when I used to 'discuss' football with my pool mates...but after benitez left, all they seem to be doing is making excuses for the team, the board, the manager and just accept the decline. It is sad to see....but fun all the same lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Bulld0g
18th September, 2012, 10:24 AM
OR Maybe we are giving the manager our support and it irks you that we're not calling for his head after a poor start like some thought and hoped. Yes it's a poor start but despite the numbers of managers we've had recently, with the exception of Hodgson all our managers get the backing of the fans. We are not Chelsea we are Liverpool.

Wolfpack
18th September, 2012, 03:58 PM
Stop embarrassing yourself and the proper reds ffs you yanks think because you have google you are the best supporters going when in all honesty without google or the internet you'd not have a ~~~~ing clue and tbh even with it you prove most don't, buddy.

If you knew anything about football you would be a Liverpool fan and not some we will never win anything again Everton fan. Go back to the Everton loser thread.

zee24
18th September, 2012, 05:42 PM
Kelvin MacKenzie doorstepped by Channel 4 News - Channel 4 News (http://www.channel4.com/news/kelvin-mackenzie-doorstepped-by-channel-4-news)

Fellianis Wig
18th September, 2012, 05:58 PM
If you knew anything about football you would be a Liverpool fan and not some we will never win anything again Everton fan. Go back to the Everton loser thread.

I'd rather be an Evertonian and support a club that wins nothing than be you.

southpaw83
18th September, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'd rather be an Evertonian and support a club that wins nothing than be you.

Ignore him mate he's filled with hate

wongers
18th September, 2012, 07:24 PM
enjoyed that its so good to see this gobshite mackenzie squirm

maca
18th September, 2012, 09:27 PM

And rangers are doing great :) ffs m8 you got more to worry about than anyone if you wanna borrow a few bob you could always take your team to cash converters im sure you'll walk out with a couple of quid tax free ;)

zee24
18th September, 2012, 11:05 PM
Opposing captains, likely to be Steven Gerrard and Nemanja Vidic, will share the honour of releasing 96 red balloons shortly before kick-off on Sunday.

Liverpool and Manchester United to unite in tribute to Hillsborough victims on Sunday - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9551719/Liverpool-and-Manchester-United-to-unite-in-tribute-to-Hillsborough-victims-on-Sunday.html)

zee24
18th September, 2012, 11:18 PM
Well done to MCFC fans singing Justice for the 96 again in Madrid tonight...RESPECT

scottymo76
20th September, 2012, 01:35 PM
And rangers are doing great :) ffs m8 you got more to worry about than anyone if you wanna borrow a few bob you could always take your team to cash converters im sure you'll walk out with a couple of quid tax free ;)

Not really sure what my post has to do with Rangers?

I was commenting as a football fan that I think it's sad to see the excuses being made by Pool fans.

I see similar excuses being peddled up here to excuse the poor performance from my team and they don't wash.

Good managers make it work so long as they have some talent in their ranks.

Rodgers has that talent so if he is the man to bring back the glory days then he should be showing more.

My main point is Liverpool fans talking about opening fixtures against the big clubs when you should BE a big club.

Even in my teams situation we still expect progress because we still see ourselves as a big club who are just going through a few seasons of atonement.

Liverpool would struggle to say they are better than Everton right now which is a startling state of affairs imho with the greatest respect to Everton.

P.S

I'd use Victor Morris. Better exchange prices lol

zee24
20th September, 2012, 10:19 PM
Inter Milan fans Respect JFT96 YNWA

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3Q7JhuCcAA6SJW.jpg

andy1967
21st September, 2012, 01:00 PM
I now know why Zee was after the new IPhone 5 lol

http://i.uwants.com/u/attachments/day_120918/20120918_a3d7c0aed28941b181a7X28bwCpYZxeE.jpg

Wolfpack
22nd September, 2012, 01:43 AM
Ignore him mate he's filled with hate

I'm not the one who started to be a di*k. I was only poking a little fun in the Everton thread and he takes it bad. Some people are so sensitive. He probably wears pink and squats when he takes a piss.:laugh:

skywash
22nd September, 2012, 01:55 AM
every pool fan should have one http://i.uwants.com/u/attachments/day_120918/20120918_a3d7c0aed28941b181a7X28bwCpYZxeE.jpg :roflmao:

mtv1
22nd September, 2012, 01:57 AM
every pool fan should have one http://i.uwants.com/u/attachments/day_120918/20120918_a3d7c0aed28941b181a7X28bwCpYZxeE.jpg :roflmao:

http://i.uwants.com/u/attachments/day_120918/20120918_a3d7c0aed28941b181a7X28bwCpYZxeE.jpg[/QUOTE]

:hmmmm:

Bulld0g
22nd September, 2012, 06:03 PM
http://i.uwants.com/u/attachments/day_120918/20120918_a3d7c0aed28941b181a7X28bwCpYZxeE.jpg

:hmmmm:

Don't milk it fud.

lol

zee24
22nd September, 2012, 10:01 PM
Mosaics for tomorrows match

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/385583_10151244694347238_164904602_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/533671_10151244708062238_2122537874_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376467_10151244648872238_700002682_n.jpg

Wolfpack
23rd September, 2012, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry to say the EPL has the worst referee's in the world. The referee should of given Shelvey and Evans both a red not just one. The worst calls were the dive Valencia took in the box and only giving Van Persie a yellow for his tackle in the 84th minute. I'm not saying cause of this Liverpool would of won but would like to see Liverpool get a fair shake. I have to say the salute to the 96 was a fitting tribute to all who died.

scottymo76
23rd September, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry to say the EPL has the worst referee's in the world. The referee should of given Shelvey and Evans both a red not just one. The worst calls were the dive Valencia took in the box and only giving Van Persie a yellow for his tackle in the 84th minute. I'm not saying cause of this Liverpool would of won but would like to see Liverpool get a fair shake. I have to say the salute to the 96 was a fitting tribute to all who died.

As a neutral I disagree entirely.

Evams right foot swept across the ground.

Shelvey was airborne and lunging.

As for RVP his was also grounded albeit straight thus the yellow.

Was inspired by both clubs showing respect off the park but on the park Liverpool are 3-5 years behind Man Utd.

Possibly even more in comparison to the triumvirate of United / City / Chelsea (never mind Spurs and Arsenal)

Worrying times for Liverpool.

What I would say is the boys in Sterling and Suso look a better bet than Henderson, Downing etc will ever be.

Stick with them and you will stay up.

Never ever thought I would speak of Liverpool in relegation terms but how can any average side survive with 6 months with no out and out striker?

By the time it is rectified it may be too late cos Pool just aren't equipped for a dogfight against the dogs of war that West Ham, Wigan, Stoke etc possess

Fellianis Wig
23rd September, 2012, 04:32 PM
I'm not the one who started to be a di*k. I was only poking a little fun in the Everton thread and he takes it bad. Some people are so sensitive. He probably wears pink and squats when he takes a piss.:laugh:

http://richardp1975.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/frightening.jpg?w=460

This has to be you crunched up after another defeat.

scottymo76
23rd September, 2012, 04:38 PM
Agger had medial ligament damage.

Not to worry.

Carragher awaits !

zee24
23rd September, 2012, 05:01 PM
"It was a clear red card, it was dangerous, I don't think he went for the ball," Ferguson told Sky Sports. "Jonny Evans went for the ball, got the ball, and there was no other decision the ref could have given.

"He was trying to blame me I suppose!" Ferguson said of Shelvey's reaction. "He can apologise if he likes. He should do that, he's responsible for his own actions."

Shelvey later responded on Twitter: "I apologise to the fans for getting sent off but no way was I pulling out of that tackle in a game of that importance. I'm sorry. I have also apologised to Sir Alex, just where I come from people don't grass people up to get someone sent off.

zee24
23rd September, 2012, 05:08 PM
I agree with G Neville Shelvey and Evan's could both have seen red or both been yellow carded Shelvey was a bit unlucky to have gone off. The Suarez shout for a pen was more of a pen then Valencia's for me but the way he went down from it made it look like he overreacted.

Best side on the day lost, Utd did what they do best play rubbish and grind out a win.

Great show of support from both supporters and clubs before the game and good to see Suarez and Evra shake hands.

shaunfree
23rd September, 2012, 05:43 PM
simply we was robbed

zee24
23rd September, 2012, 06:57 PM
So I guess I spoke too soon some of the idiots waited until after the game to chant vile things when most of the cameras were off them, THEY ARE DISGRACE TO THEMSELVES AND UTD

@empireofthekop Fergies right there fans are shite http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz (http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz)

Bulld0g
23rd September, 2012, 07:23 PM
Is anyone really surprised at this? Scummy tw@ts never fail to deliver

wongers
23rd September, 2012, 07:23 PM
So I guess I spoke too soon some of the idiots waited until after the game to chant vile things when most of the cameras were off them, THEY ARE DISGRACE TO THEMSELVES AND UTD

@empireofthekop Fergies right there fans are shite http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz (http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz)

did you really expect anything else from these vile scum

zee24
23rd September, 2012, 07:45 PM
I know what you mean guys, but was it too much to ask for one day of respect and good behaviour? They won the game as well wasn't called for

aftermath
23rd September, 2012, 08:05 PM
As a utd fan , i personally like to pay my respects to those fans that lost their lives and i hold no grudges on this sad occasion and i am sorry that the minority of utd fans had to react this way. There are no excuses for that behaviour same as when we remember the Munich air disaster and the minority of lfc fans who do similar. Its unneccesary

andy1967
23rd September, 2012, 08:38 PM
You can only be responsible for your own actions. Tw@ts are ****ing everywhere and there's nothing we can do about it

BBC Sport - Liverpool & Manchester United make Hillsborough tribute (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19692320)

The occasion was marred slightly after the final whistle when a couple of home supporters ran across from the main stand to the visiting contingent - held behind on police orders - and started making aeroplane signals in a clear reference to the Munich air disaster in 1958 when eight United players were among 21 people who lost their lives.

ron007
23rd September, 2012, 09:46 PM
Well from a footballing perspective i think the ref played a BIG part today but if Liverpool can play like that week in and week out there wont be many teams that beat us.As for the ****s who cant show a bit of respect for one day well all we can do is pity them there lives must be so shallow and that go's to both sets of so called fans.If you cant turn up and do your team proud then dont turn up at all.Every fan carry's there teams reputation with them when they go to a match .You should act as a direct representive of how you would like you club to be perceived.And thats valid to everyone no matter what team.

Fellianis Wig
24th September, 2012, 08:05 AM
Well from a footballing perspective i think the ref played a BIG part today but if Liverpool can play like that week in and week out there wont be many teams that beat us.As for the ****s who cant show a bit of respect for one day well all we can do is pity them there lives must be so shallow and that go's to both sets of so called fans.If you cant turn up and do your team proud then dont turn up at all.Every fan carry's there teams reputation with them when they go to a match .You should act as a direct representive of how you would like you club to be perceived.And thats valid to everyone no matter what team.

Thats the thing though you lot wont that was your cup final yesterday and you give it your all and still got beat and eh ref my arse its the redshite propaganda wagon in full swing. The truth is you just aren't good enough anymore.

Monty31ot
24th September, 2012, 09:37 AM
As a neutral I disagree entirely.

Evams right foot swept across the ground.

Shelvey was airborne and lunging.

As for RVP his was also grounded albeit straight thus the yellow.

Was inspired by both clubs showing respect off the park but on the park Liverpool are 3-5 years behind Man Utd.

Possibly even more in comparison to the triumvirate of United / City / Chelsea (never mind Spurs and Arsenal)

Worrying times for Liverpool.

What I would say is the boys in Sterling and Suso look a better bet than Henderson, Downing etc will ever be.

Stick with them and you will stay up.

Never ever thought I would speak of Liverpool in relegation terms but how can any average side survive with 6 months with no out and out striker?

By the time it is rectified it may be too late cos Pool just aren't equipped for a dogfight against the dogs of war that West Ham, Wigan, Stoke etc possess

Little early to talk about relegation in retrospect that was five tough fixtures to start the season with. Also without being too biased I feel we deserved three wins out of those five we really should be sitting with 9pts. In terms of balance of play we were the better team against City Sunderland and now Utd and I agree the strikers are an issue but individual errors are costing us more.

lfc4life
24th September, 2012, 09:51 AM
plain and simple we got robbed from not converting possession to goals as usual ! But more so robbed by a ref in a man yoo shirt and jonjo got red and evans should of too !!!

WE DONT NEED GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY ... WE NEED REF TECHNOLOGY END OF!!!

JFT 96 YNWA <3

leotheloin
25th September, 2012, 10:01 PM
"It was a clear red card, it was dangerous, I don't think he went for the ball," Ferguson told Sky Sports. "Jonny Evans went for the ball, got the ball, and there was no other decision the ref could have given.

"He was trying to blame me I suppose!" Ferguson said of Shelvey's reaction. "He can apologise if he likes. He should do that, he's responsible for his own actions."

Shelvey later responded on Twitter: "I apologise to the fans for getting sent off but no way was I pulling out of that tackle in a game of that importance. I'm sorry. I have also apologised to Sir Alex, just where I come from people don't grass people up to get someone sent off.
What a stupid response shelvey posted on twitter no way he was pulling out of that tackle does he tackle like that in training like f@@k he don't and btw who grassed him up to get him sent off.:playingball:

gc1966
26th September, 2012, 05:44 PM
What a stupid response shelvey posted on twitter no way he was pulling out of that tackle does he tackle like that in training like f@@k he don't and btw who grassed him up to get him sent off.:playingball:

i thought that was an hilarious statement.
when he finds out who it was i bet he gives them a dead leg and a chinese burn behind the bike sheds

zee24
26th September, 2012, 11:47 PM
Good performance tonight good to see the youngsters being given a run finally in the cup we know there is a lot of talent in our youth ranks and they showed it tonight. Yesil, Assaidi, Sahin looked good a lot more to come from them this season.

Fellianis Wig
27th September, 2012, 12:08 AM
Glad yous won tonight LFC made my acca happy

Fellianis Wig
27th September, 2012, 12:10 AM
Good performance tonight good to see the youngsters being given a run finally in the cup we know there is a lot of talent in our youth ranks and they showed it tonight. Yesil, Assaidi, Sahin looked good a lot more to come from them this season.

Was that the lad on the left wing with the blatant right foot? Loads of skill but badly one sided surely a right winger brendan ffs.....

maca
27th September, 2012, 12:13 AM
and who you got in the next round ......ffs moylesy

Fellianis Wig
27th September, 2012, 12:17 AM
and who you got in the next round ......ffs moylesy

Eh I gave yous praise there maca lad and constructive criticism over the lad on the left wing who looked decent but blatantly on the wrong flank, so how the ~~~~ have you took that as an excuse to have a dig and ask a question that you already know the answer to?

maca
27th September, 2012, 12:20 AM
ooops my bad i do apologise read it wrong :(

Fellianis Wig
27th September, 2012, 12:23 AM
ooops my bad i do apologise read it wrong :(

haha how may sherbets have you had lad you're as sharp as a muslims machete usually

Fellianis Wig
27th September, 2012, 12:50 AM
Leeds Vs Everton 26/09/12 Capital One Cup (After Match Trouble) - YouTube

watch this btw lads

zee24
27th September, 2012, 04:18 PM
4 match ban and ?220,000 fine for Terry bloody joke, this is with video evidence and Terry admitted in court saying "f****** black c***" but claimed it was used as part of a denial.

Suarez get's banned for 8 games with no evidence just 1 man's word against another's, how can Terry get 4 games ban and Suarez 8, I'll tell you because he's NOT ENGLISH.

gc1966
27th September, 2012, 04:51 PM
4 match ban and ?220,000 fine for Terry bloody joke, this is with video evidence and Terry admitted in court saying "f****** black c***" but claimed it was used as part of a denial.

Suarez get's banned for 8 games with no evidence just 1 man's word against another's, how can Terry get 4 games ban and Suarez 8, I'll tell you because he's NOT ENGLISH.

john terry IS english

zee24
27th September, 2012, 06:25 PM
john terry IS english

lol ah yes my mistake for not reading back but you know what i meant Terry is English that's why he got 4 games.

Wolfpack
29th September, 2012, 06:54 PM
What a good game today. A little sloppy in defense but Norwich didn't have a chance. What a second goal Suarez scored. I wouldn't say Liverpool is out of the woods yet but today was a big step in the right direction.

inexx
29th September, 2012, 07:03 PM
THE BEST!:wink: :D :D:D

zee24
29th September, 2012, 09:16 PM
Good performance were finally off and running with our first win and goals galore. Suarez was unstoppable he tore Norwich's defence apart all game and should have had a few more goals and a was once again denied a stone wall penalty.

Many good performances all over the pitch, the two goals conceded were our own lapses first from Reina who was having a good game before his error then Skrtel two of the usual suspects this season, we also got away with a few with poor finishing from Norwich but all in all good performance lots of positives 14th place soon to be back in the top half come on you LIVERBIRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Monty31ot
30th September, 2012, 07:20 AM
Youth is the key this could be the start of a good run :)

Wolfpack
30th September, 2012, 07:09 PM
You really need to manage how you use your youthful players cause sometimes putting to much pressure on them can ruin them if you don't win. Have to say Sterling looks like the real deal. He's a little rash with his challenges but he sure has the moves and the speed.

southpaw
30th September, 2012, 10:09 PM
listen lads, you will never win anythin with kids, ask your old mucka Hansen :shot:

Wolfpack
30th September, 2012, 11:33 PM
listen lads, you will never win anythin with kids, ask your old mucka Hansen :shot:
Hey you got to start somewhere. I'm not saying they will win the league but it's not going to be a surprise if they can crack the top 4. I'll have to say that would be a tall order.

southpaw
1st October, 2012, 07:45 AM
it was said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek mate, you probably not the only one who doesnt get my point, typical red jumping on the defensive :hmmmm:

Wolfpack
1st October, 2012, 01:30 PM
it was said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek mate, you probably not the only one who doesnt get my point, typical red jumping on the defensive :hmmmm:
I know what you ment and wasn't offended. Hard to show emotion when laying down text.

Bulld0g
1st October, 2012, 07:37 PM
THREE days after becoming the youngest player in Liverpool's history, Jerome Sinclair was back on duty for the club's under-18s on Saturday.

The highly-rated striker, who came on against West Brom in the Capital One Cup at the age of 16 years and six days, was on target as Steve Cooper's side won 3-1 at Fulham.

It was the under-18s first win of the campaign with Kristoffer Peterson and Yalany Baio also on the scoresheet.

The lads played very well and I am delighted for them, said Cooper.

We played some great football, created lots of chances and this win has been coming. We have played well this season but our problem has been not putting away the chances we are creating, but our finishing was clinical

wongers
1st October, 2012, 07:39 PM

in his defence mate he's in usa i don't think they get m.o.t.d.over there (**** me i can't believe i'm defending him):hmmmm:

zee24
2nd October, 2012, 12:28 AM
yardie aka Mr. World Premiere: Being: Liverpool Episode 3 (http://www.mrworldpremiere.net/2012/09/being-liverpool-episode-3.html)

tshirtman
4th October, 2012, 03:49 PM
I've uploaded a new book that you folk will probably be interested in.

44 Years With the Same Bird: A Liverpudlian Love Affair: Brian Reade (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f196/all-things-football-278046/index3.html#post1719733)

prakashdguna
5th October, 2012, 04:54 PM
I support Chelsea and liverpool, too

prakashdguna
5th October, 2012, 04:55 PM
:damnmate::barscarf::celticparty::coffin::banghead :

zee24
5th October, 2012, 06:16 PM
I support Chelsea and liverpool, too

:hmmmm: sure you do...

Wolfpack
5th October, 2012, 09:13 PM
Can't believe yesterdays game. Liverpool seemed in control then fell apart. I can't see why Rodgers think we have an A and B team. Didn't he see last year we hardly had an A team. The focus of Liverpool should be the league and nothing else.

pspmixer
7th October, 2012, 05:44 PM
another rubbish perfomance, couldnt convert our attempts
what everyone else think
is rodgers time nearing an end
i think if we lose to everton he will be gone

khan07958
7th October, 2012, 06:49 PM
another rubbish performance, couldnt convert our attempts
what everyone else think
is Rodgers time nearing an end

I think this is premature for the first time in many many yrs, its actually enjoyable to watch Liverpool play overall.

The results are not going our way due to a number of things ie new style, lack of strikers, youth being implemented etc.

Whether anyone likes it or not this was always going to be a transitional season for us.
The number of youngsters breaking through to the team is a plus and match going fans can see this as always the support from the kop was immense.

To say if we lose to Everton Rodgers will be gone is just ridiculous.
He is here for the long haul and an appointment made and chosen solely by FSG.

maca
7th October, 2012, 07:42 PM
what everyone else think
Shut up and dont be daft ....

Monty31ot
7th October, 2012, 08:27 PM
Certainly a season of transistion and hopefully we do well in a few cup competition but as far as the aspirations of top four finish have gone for me. :(

wongers
7th October, 2012, 08:33 PM
what everyone else think

my god why don't people engage there brains before posting

ITS A SCAM !
7th October, 2012, 09:03 PM
A good solid defence from stoke gave liverpool a very hard game ... Apparently Suarez is going to be representing the Uruguay Olympic swimming team for diving in the 2016 Rio de Janeiro games... he should get a ban in my opinion.

Bulld0g
7th October, 2012, 09:19 PM
VIDEO: Robert Huth's disgraceful stamp on Luis Suarez. Red card offence...? | Liverpool-Kop.com (http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/10/video-robert-huths-disgraceful-stamp-on.html)

And what should Huth be given?

ITS A SCAM !
7th October, 2012, 09:20 PM
Give him a ban as well ... no problem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19865182

Bulld0g
7th October, 2012, 09:25 PM
Fair enough, just wondered why a Soke fan would come in this thread callling for a ban on Suarez and not even mentioning the blatant foul on him. Maybe it's because i mentioned it eh?

too right it was :)

ITS A SCAM !
7th October, 2012, 09:27 PM
Not at all ... I simply forgot about the foul commited by Huth...

Bulld0g
7th October, 2012, 09:31 PM
Well that's par for the course isn't it ? Highlight anything Suarez does but forget all the decisions that go against him, and there's been plenty of those.

Shady
7th October, 2012, 09:33 PM
shady jr seen it .
his verdict?
" that man did a bad tackle and youre not allowed to do bad tackles, and he should go home now"

Wolfpack
8th October, 2012, 01:11 AM
Liverpool didn't play bad but didn't play good. Should of taken 3 points at home. I know everyone wants to give Rodgers time but if Liverpool don't get some results by end of the year he could be shown the door. His biggest mistake was loaning out Carroll. Today showed they need two strikers up front. At least play Borreni with Suarez. To be somewhat fair Stoke parked the bus for most of the game and when a team is organized in the back they could be hard to break down. With the international break Rodgers has time to come up with something else. Lets hope he does.

zee24
8th October, 2012, 01:23 AM
yardie aka Mr. World Premiere: Being: Liverpool Episode 4 (http://www.mrworldpremiere.net/2012/10/being-liverpool-episode-4.html)