PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48

DS41
7th March, 2013, 12:32 AM
This one is for every Liverpool fan on this forum.

http://i.minus.com/iQtq1dQBa4VIZ.gif

And look who he did it to!

irishbluestaffy
7th March, 2013, 12:41 AM
lol

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-3/Michael-Jackson-Thriller.jpg

Nani when he received the red :roflmao:

Nani doing his warm up before the match

http://alfa.gifs-planet.com/new/2139.gif
cracked me rite up what a clasic zee24

davecooper47
7th March, 2013, 12:53 AM
Tragic. Haven't slept since. Only cos I can't stop laughing.

Liverpool won 5 European titles. 4 of them when it wasn't a league. You had to be a proper champion to be in it. If you got beaten you were finished.

Liverpool are a proper club!!!! haven't got any money so can't buy the league and won't out of principal.

Tragic that one of the Mancs prot?g?s helped finish them off.

And by the way, it was a filthy and dangerous challenge by Nani. He's one of the cleverest users of the laws in the game. He did see the challenge coming but thought he'd get away with it.

He Knew exactly what he was doing.

Referee!!!! Very brave call and 100%.

Ferguson didn't scare him did he????

Brilliant.

gc1966
7th March, 2013, 04:13 PM

Liverpool won 5 European titles. 4 of them when it wasn't a league. You had to be a proper champion to be in it. If you got beaten you were finished.

Liverpool are a proper club!!!! haven't got any money so can't buy the league and won't out of principal.

And by the way, it was a filthy and dangerous challenge by Nani. He's one of the cleverest users of the laws in the game. He did see the challenge coming but thought he'd get away with it.

Brilliant.

ok then,by that reckoning you won 4 times and once in an entirely different competition,
the mancs won one in the old style format and two in the new,which has the most relevence then?????
which brings us to the premiership which you have never won so who holds the spoils on that point.

are all stats worthless and defunct when the format is changed ???

DS41
7th March, 2013, 05:16 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487528_621442757881662_1244721393_n.jpg

leotheloin
7th March, 2013, 10:13 PM
This one is for every Liverpool fan on this forum.

http://i.minus.com/iQtq1dQBa4VIZ.gif

And look who he did it to!
I wonder do all the pool fans agree wit you.:banghead:

Wolfpack
7th March, 2013, 10:16 PM
The call went against ManU. It happens. How many calls didn't go Liverpool's way? It's football Sh*t happens. Like i said in their thread no matter what neither team will make the final.

davecooper47
7th March, 2013, 11:46 PM
leotheloin: what are you showing us? Nani diving!!!! He was already going to the floor before the challenge and even if he wasn't, the contact would've been just above the knee. Footballers legs are always going to get touched in a tackle. Nani's challenge was chest high, very dangerous and rash. I for one was happy to see ferguson acting like the spoiled child that he is. He has intimidated referees for long enough. This one never lost his bottle. United are where they deserve to be. OUT!!!!!!

zee24
7th March, 2013, 11:55 PM
leotheloin: what are you showing us? Nani diving!!!! He was already going to the floor before the challenge and even if he wasn't, the contact would've been just above the knee. Footballers legs are always going to get touched in a tackle. Nani's challenge was chest high, very dangerous and rash. I for one was happy to see ferguson acting like the spoiled child that he is. He has intimidated referees for long enough. This one never lost his bottle. United are where they deserve to be. OUT!!!!!!

that's Evra not Nani, he was commenting on another post

zee24
9th March, 2013, 12:20 AM
Apparently Fergie banned The Times and The Sun from his weekly press conferences until they apologise because of the Rooney article.

Wenger did the same last month, don't know if it's still in place tho.

Bulld0g
9th March, 2013, 12:26 AM
The drunken pickle nosed tramp has banned the media from a press conference, whatever next? The way things are going he will be defending drug cheats, Assailants, Adulterers, immoral people and the rest of Man Utd lol

gc1966
9th March, 2013, 07:55 AM
The drunken pickle nosed tramp has banned the media from a press conference, whatever next? The way things are going he will be defending drug cheats, Assailants, Adulterers, immoral people and the rest of Man Utd lol

it nust be great to support a club with such strong moral values as liverpool,regular church-goers and god fearing pillars of society each and every one

andy1967
9th March, 2013, 03:41 PM

Least he doesn't hand out tshirts out to the team ;)

andy1967
9th March, 2013, 03:42 PM

Class :roflmao: Realy know your football :manutop:

Bulld0g
9th March, 2013, 03:46 PM
Least he doesn't hand out tshirts out to the team ;)

Yea he would never do something as outrageous as that would he :boring:

Bulld0g
9th March, 2013, 03:47 PM
it nust be great to support a club with such strong moral values as liverpool,regular church-goers and god fearing pillars of society each and every one

Yes it is.

firestorm
9th March, 2013, 08:01 PM
Nanis sending off is the worst decision in manchester since tyrone asked kevin webster to baby sit
lol lol lol

davecooper47
10th March, 2013, 04:29 AM
GC1966: I read an article in the newspaper last week quoting Ferguson, praising Giggs:

I've been a Liverpool fan all my 50 years and have obviously been drawn into the compulsory hatred of our arch rivals. But I still must appreciate the class of football that they play. And it is class. Any team who can excel in the premiership by such a margin must be appreciated. That's football.

But how can Ferguson as a man, heap praise on another man, (look at his quotes) and tell the world what a great person he is (forget the football) when he fu**** his own brothers wife?

Is there any morality in Fergie?

davecooper47
10th March, 2013, 05:08 AM
My point is: It's now called the Champions League. Liverpool won it in 2005 and they were not Champions of their own league. Man U have also won it when they were not champions of their own league. Why is it called the Champions league? When Liverpool won it the previous 4 times it was a knockout from the start. No second chances!!!! All about bottle!!!! It was called the European Cup.

And as for that premiership b*******. I'm sick of hearing that. It was the old first division. 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw. Whichever way you look at it, it was the top league in the country and we won it 18 times and it was harder then. You couldn't get a 2 point advantage if your closest rival drew in those days. I remember being 3 from bottom at Christmas & still winning. Rename it & change the format as many times as you like, Liverpool won THE league 18 times. You can't change history unfortunately.

It's all about money.

UEFA: Lets call it the champions league and let the top 3 or 4 teams from each country compete!!!

I for 1 don't feel fully complete as a fan, that we finished 4th in our domestic league and won the European trophy in 2005. Although it was a great night.

You've contradicted yourself. Was it a different competition or a different format?

Different format on both counts I think. The European cup is now the Champions League and the old First Division is now the premiership.

Either way, the English league produces the best football and the best banter in the world.

May it long continue!!!!!

afc4life
10th March, 2013, 07:44 AM
good luck liverpool hope you shaft the scum today,and hope that monkey boy gets sent off then we will see how good that little club up the road are hahahahaha

afc4life
10th March, 2013, 07:47 AM
Nanis sending off is the worst decision in manchester since tyrone asked kevin webster to baby sit
lol lol lol
funny anyway is there any vids with that bird on your signiture that is a serious pair of bangers:top:

leotheloin
10th March, 2013, 01:57 PM
GC1966: I read an article in the newspaper last week quoting Ferguson, praising Giggs:

I've been a Liverpool fan all my 50 years and have obviously been drawn into the compulsory hatred of our arch rivals. But I still must appreciate the class of football that they play. And it is class. Any team who can excel in the premiership by such a margin must be appreciated. That's football.

But how can Ferguson as a man, heap praise on another man, (look at his quotes) and tell the world what a great person he is (forget the football) when he fu**** his own brothers wife?

Is there any morality in Fergie?
Nice to see you appreciate class football as i did when your lot were at the top of the game.
If it is the same article that i read i admired fergie for Wat he said about giggs that he was at united before he became manager and he is still there the praise he heaped on giggs was the ability the way the guy kept himself in shape for the past 20years + not going into the honours he won cos it would dwarf Wat any of your lot won.
As for hanging out the dirty washing we can't compete wit you.
BTW there's being a quote from the bible let him been without sin cast the first stone and it was eve that tempted adam:handkiss:

gc1966
10th March, 2013, 03:28 PM

Brilliant.

if not mistaken dave this was your o/p

i never contradicted myself i just asked you for clarification of the parameters you used to reach your judgement of footballing omnipotence and your clubs rightful claim to carry that most resplendent of prizes.

i also see no mention of ryan giggs in this post so i can only deduce you assumed i was either psychic or susceptable to the subliminal message you cleverly placed in that post,alas i am not on either count due to the voices in my head which leads to me donning a tinfoil helmet for several days to drown out the chatter,i have been wearing it since last thursday so maybe that explains why your message never came through.

you also failed to mention the one thing fergie has achieved which no manager has manged to do before,he won what even your own managers never did and referred to as the impossible,or holy grail of feats.

lastly,giggs is just a human being with human frailties.there was only one man in the history of the world who lived a life without blemish and lets not forget

they crucified that fella

Bulld0g
10th March, 2013, 10:37 PM
Good result today against Spuds. TBH i thought we were pretty poor but we dug in well and it's 3 points well earned. We played them off the park at their ground early in the season and got 2 men sent off and came away empty handed. So i'll take the points today even though maybe we didn't deserve them.

maca
10th March, 2013, 10:37 PM
Good win today though i still think we need to press the ball a lot higher up the pitch. ground still full with 10 minutes left unlike some other places lol....

Bulld0g
10th March, 2013, 10:42 PM
Surely your not talking about Woodison park yesterday after their implosion :eek:

:roflmao:

maca
10th March, 2013, 10:43 PM
:eek: me no never :roflmao:

davecooper47
10th March, 2013, 11:10 PM
Brilliant. I thought it was just me that called him Monkeyboy!!!!

Great result. Liverpool are getting there slowly but surely.

zee24
11th March, 2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah good win, we weren't at our best mind nor did we dominate like we have done in games this season, but if we did it would have probably been a defeat or draw like most teams we have played against above us in the table. I don't think it was a free kick for Spuds 2nd goal but our defending was shite from it.

I really think some players need to bulk themselves up or BR needs to buy some physically stronger players especially in the midfield, it looked like men against kids at times.

Bulld0g
11th March, 2013, 09:02 PM
Statement from Spirit Of Shankly

Last Friday Liverpool FC announced increases of up to 9% in season ticket prices for the Main Stand, Paddock, Centenary Stand and Anfield Road Stand. In the midst of austerity, with redundancies and cut-backs a daily reality for many supporters, these inflation-busting price rises are an insult to long-standing supporters who have already suffered a massive 716% price rise since 1989. So much for Lord Justice Taylor's post-Hillsborough recommendation that: "it should be possible to plan a price structure which suits the cheapest seats to the pockets of those presently paying to stand."

Supporters in the Main Stand and Paddock endure facilities that survived the Shankly era redevelopment, with so-called "concourses" dating back to 1907, while the cramped seating in the Lower Centenary has been notorious since that structure was built as the Kemlyn Road stand in 1963. Paddock seats now designated as the second best in the stadium are effectively restricted view, with supporters being unable to see down the near touchline without leaving their seats. It is our guess that not one of Liverpool's multiple "owners" has ever watched a match from any of these seats and that none of them have ever availed themselves of the so-called "facilities" in the Paddock or Main Stand or emerged from a game with a case of "Kemlyn Road Kneecap"! If we are wrong, then more shame on them for believing ?815 to ?850 is fair price to pay for "the product" on offer.

While the announcement regarding Kop season tickets is a relief to many, it is our belief that ticket prices are already too high, pricing out many of those that kept the club on its feet during its darkest days. Spirit of Shankly is already working with away supporters to build a national campaign to fight for a reduced away ticket prices. We urge supporters facing these price rises to join with the club's regular away following, Spirit of Shankly and the national supporters organisations in saying "Enough is enough - football without fans is nothing"

Liverpool Supporters Union
Supporting You
Supporting Your Club

wongers
11th March, 2013, 09:08 PM
sadly the owners of football clubs these days don't give a monkeys about the supporters as long as they are making money we can **** spiders

Bulld0g
11th March, 2013, 09:12 PM
The working class football fan is being priced out of the game. Worse thing that ever happened was mass saturation of televised games and the money it generates for clubs.

andy1967
11th March, 2013, 10:54 PM
Statement from Spirit Of Shankly

Last Friday Liverpool FC announced increases of up to 9% in season ticket prices for the Main Stand, Paddock, Centenary Stand and Anfield Road Stand. In the midst of austerity, with redundancies and cut-backs a daily reality for many supporters, these inflation-busting price rises are an insult to long-standing supporters who have already suffered a massive 716% price rise since 1989. So much for Lord Justice Taylor's post-Hillsborough recommendation that: "it should be possible to plan a price structure which suits the cheapest seats to the pockets of those presently paying to stand."

Supporters in the Main Stand and Paddock endure facilities that survived the Shankly era redevelopment, with so-called "concourses" dating back to 1907, while the cramped seating in the Lower Centenary has been notorious since that structure was built as the Kemlyn Road stand in 1963. Paddock seats now designated as the second best in the stadium are effectively restricted view, with supporters being unable to see down the near touchline without leaving their seats. It is our guess that not one of Liverpool's multiple "owners" has ever watched a match from any of these seats and that none of them have ever availed themselves of the so-called "facilities" in the Paddock or Main Stand or emerged from a game with a case of "Kemlyn Road Kneecap"! If we are wrong, then more shame on them for believing ?815 to ?850 is fair price to pay for "the product" on offer.

While the announcement regarding Kop season tickets is a relief to many, it is our belief that ticket prices are already too high, pricing out many of those that kept the club on its feet during its darkest days. Spirit of Shankly is already working with away supporters to build a national campaign to fight for a reduced away ticket prices. We urge supporters facing these price rises to join with the club's regular away following, Spirit of Shankly and the national supporters organisations in saying "Enough is enough - football without fans is nothing"

Liverpool Supporters Union
Supporting You
Supporting Your Club

I read about this a few weeks back, your owners are not happy with the supporters each time when at home, not being behind the team all season, no atmosphere and their way is to put the pricies up so only new people will buy the season tickets and get rid off the pld lot. :top:

Bulld0g
11th March, 2013, 10:57 PM
Is that why the prawn sarnies are so popular at the theatre of screams then :roflmao:

thered
11th March, 2013, 11:19 PM
The working class football fan is being priced out of the game. Worse thing that ever happened was mass saturation of televised games and the money it generates for clubs.

Its the way it is m8

United ****in terrible cant get a game unless you go through silly money sites or buy membership for ballot

Season ticket holders have to go to every cup game whether they want to or not to make sure they qualify for other games

but you cant have it both ways

If clubs cant generate maximum revenue possible they cant compete with cash for players

If you cant buy the best players possible your league form slides, you can have the cheapest tickets in the EPL but chances are you will struggle to stay in it every year

Unless the manager has a liking for loan signings,faith in youth and extreme good fortune you cant compete, or at least not consistently

Utd always been similar to Liverpool in revenue barring last few years where we have left you standing tbh but much of it is debt repayment at the moment

but with chelsea and city's extreme wealth you need as much money as your team can produce, if you cant produce the cash top 4 realistically is going to get more and more difficult

Its catch 22 cheaper seats is better for the true working class fans

But do they want to watch a struggling side or the old Liverpool?

Bulld0g
11th March, 2013, 11:25 PM
And there's a simple solution but it will never happen. Stop paying the greedy bastards millions of pounds in wages and cut the price of football tickets.

zee24
13th March, 2013, 08:58 PM
Spirit of Shankly to meet with LFC Managing Director Ian Ayre over Anfield season ticket price rises

LIVERPOOL FC supporters union Spirit of Shankly are to meet with LFC Managing Director Ian Ayre to discuss rising season ticket prices at Anfield.

After the club revealed that a six-tier system is to be brought in next season, which will see season ticket prices in some areas of the ground increase by ?80 while other fans will actually pay ?15 less, the fans group branded the increases "an insult to long-standing supporters".

They have now confirmed that they will be meeting with the club next week, saying in a statement on their website, "We stand by our original statement.

"We believe supporters, with the implementation of these prices and lack of adequate or proper consultation around this matter, are being forced into a corner of paying up or having to give up something valuable to them.

"As a result, we have spoken with LFC officials about our concerns and a delegation from the Union's Management Committee will meet with LFC Managing Director Ian Ayre next Tuesday. At this meeting we will raise the concerns and questions from our members about the ticket price changes and seek answers from the club."

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/03/13/100252-32984323/?#ixzz2NS4RwxgB

j.efc
17th March, 2013, 09:35 PM
great performance lads keep it up:cobblers:

zee24
17th March, 2013, 10:54 PM
What was more bemusing yesterday then the performance was this.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/liverpoolecho/mar2013/2/8/image-17-liverpool-fc-v-tottenham-hotspur-at-anfield-stadium-pics-gavin-trafford-press-association-157810116.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFg6jvxCIAAkFOY.jpg

Enrique in training on Thursday then yesterday, where did all that hair come from lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFjP2V9CcAAqjq0.png:large

maca
17th March, 2013, 11:07 PM
great performance lads keep it up:cobblers:

Was going to give a smart arse response to you mate but after that performance we deserve all we get......

andy1967
17th March, 2013, 11:34 PM
What was more bemusing yesterday then the performance was this.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/liverpoolecho/mar2013/2/8/image-17-liverpool-fc-v-tottenham-hotspur-at-anfield-stadium-pics-gavin-trafford-press-association-157810116.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFg6jvxCIAAkFOY.jpg

Enrique in training on Thursday then yesterday, where did all that hair come from lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFjP2V9CcAAqjq0.png:large

Talking of a mans hair styles in a football thread, is thats all left with LFC now lol :sheep:

maca
17th March, 2013, 11:35 PM
No mate we got 5 big ears as well ......

zee24
17th March, 2013, 11:43 PM
If that's all that was left you wouldn't come trolling in ere lol nor would you be obsessed with us as most of your posts show. Typical mancs obsessed as ever

Wolfpack
18th March, 2013, 02:25 AM
Why Rodgers played Suarez with Sturridge and Coutinho leaving only Allen as the lone holding mid. It wasn't working against Spurs why did he think it would work against Southampton. They ran all over the midfield. Liverpool should of beat them. The players should not take any blame cause it all belongs to Rodgers. (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/player/daniel-sturridge)

Bulld0g
18th March, 2013, 11:13 AM
Why Rodgers played Suarez with Sturridge and Coutinho leaving only Allen as the lone holding mid. It wasn't working against Spurs why did he think it would work against Southampton. They ran all over the midfield. Liverpool should of beat them. The players should not take any blame cause it all belongs to Rodgers. (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/player/daniel-sturridge)

They are professional footballers who get paid millions, don't talk shite of course they should take the blame. They pick up their wages and pull on the shirt, they're the ones out on the pitch, they are the ones to blame ffs.

Wolfpack
18th March, 2013, 11:40 PM
They are professional footballers who get paid millions, don't talk shite of course they should take the blame. They pick up their wages and pull on the shirt, they're the ones out on the pitch, they are the ones to blame ffs.

You can blame who you think. If you knew anything about football:laugh: you could see the line up Rodgers put out their was just plain stupid. I don't know what your watching?

mtv1
18th March, 2013, 11:41 PM
wish ye all leave Brenda alone :bawling:

maca
18th March, 2013, 11:42 PM
You can blame who you think. If you knew anything about football:laugh: you could see the line up Rodgers put out their was just plain stupid. I don't know what your watching?

hope that man u top your wearing ****in strangles you....

Shady
18th March, 2013, 11:43 PM
hope that man u top your wearing ****in strangles you....

:roflmao: :roflmao:

zee24
18th March, 2013, 11:43 PM
it's always the managers fault with you Wolfy never the fault of the players.

Bulld0g
18th March, 2013, 11:44 PM

You have done nothing but moan about the club since the day you came here. Are you seriously absolving the players out on the pitch from any blame for a shite performance?

andy1967
18th March, 2013, 11:52 PM
It was never Roys fault was it lads, oh wait ........... :rolleyes:

Bulld0g
18th March, 2013, 11:54 PM
Are you in here again :boring: Definitely infatuatuated

gc1966
19th March, 2013, 11:38 AM
Are you in here again :boring: Definitely infatuatuated

from the man with more posts in the everton thread than some everton fans,

as tommy cooper would say

pot,kettle
kettle pot

andy1967
20th March, 2013, 12:11 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562774_547793855260622_1237687267_n.jpg lol

Wolfpack
20th March, 2013, 07:46 PM
You have done nothing but moan about the club since the day you came here. Are you seriously absolving the players out on the pitch from any blame for a shite performance?

Do you even watch the games or are you one who likes watching men running around in their shorts:rofl:

Have i been blaming Rodgers this season? No But last game he deserves it. Wake up!

Bulld0g
20th March, 2013, 07:51 PM
Do you even watch the games or are you one who likes watching men running around in their shorts:rofl:

Have i been blaming Rodgers this season? No But last game he deserves it. Wake up!

Yea mate i watch the game, not 1000,s of miles away on a tv but a few rows away from the pitch. Why don't you stick to football with the funny shaped ball because you've got no patience in this game or with our club.
It's not the fact you blamed Rodgers that's worrying , it's the fact you think the very people who are paid to put the ball in the net are blameless.

Wolfpack
25th March, 2013, 02:07 AM
Yea mate i watch the game, not 1000,s of miles away on a tv but a few rows away from the pitch. Why don't you stick to football with the funny shaped ball because you've got no patience in this game or with our club.
It's not the fact you blamed Rodgers that's worrying , it's the fact you think the very people who are paid to put the ball in the net are blameless.

I'm not saying the players are blameless but what your saying is like blaming the soldiers for the failure of Operation Market Garden when 100% of the blame was General Montgomery. I guess it's official your only at watching football cause you like watching men run around in their shorts cause you can't tell what is going on during a game ha ha

zee24
25th March, 2013, 05:36 PM
I'm not saying the players are blameless but what your saying is like blaming the soldiers for the failure of Operation Market Garden when 100% of the blame was General Montgomery. I guess it's official your only at watching football cause you like watching men run around in their shorts cause you can't tell what is going on during a game ha ha

:hmmmm2::sleep:

Wolfpack
1st April, 2013, 01:17 PM
Zee you just don't get it. Good game yesterday

Bulld0g
3rd April, 2013, 06:59 PM
Tonight on BBC2 9 o'clock

Documentary examining the impact of the revelations made in the report by the Hillsborough Independent Panel, which was published in September 2012. Survivors, relatives of the dead and people who tended the injured after the 1989 football disaster talk about how they coped with the false accusations that the victims were partly responsible for their own deaths. The Bishop of Liverpool, the Right Rev James Jones - who led the investigation - also talks about how the report was pieced together. Shaun Dooley narrates

tawaf11
4th April, 2013, 12:43 PM
good chance four my first clup in monde i like saidi 11

tawaf11
4th April, 2013, 12:58 PM
gerard gerard....gooooleee
my life is LIVERPOOL

pillapow
6th April, 2013, 09:55 PM
How do fellas, managed to get the old Dreambox up and running, Enjoying our hero's now for ?20 a month.

You lot thought i'd ****ed off didnt ya! ;)

maca
6th April, 2013, 09:57 PM
OH ffs the entertainment is back lol

pillapow
6th April, 2013, 10:00 PM
Nice to see you mate.. Hope everyones fit and well.

cunny
6th April, 2013, 10:07 PM
How do fellas, managed to get the old Dreambox up and running, Enjoying our hero's now for ?20 a month.

You lot thought i'd ****ed off didnt ya! ;)

Turfed out to be precise lol

pillapow
6th April, 2013, 10:15 PM
Oh really.. I thought the site had ballsed up. No wonder i couldnt download the image for my box. Nevermind eh life goes on.

leotheloin
7th April, 2013, 12:22 PM

You lot thought i'd ****ed off didn't ya! ;)
Welcome back all we need is your sparring partner boomer

pillapow
7th April, 2013, 05:23 PM
A team with Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez should be scoring goals, especially against shite like West Ham, If Andy Carroll was eligible today, we would of probably been beaten.

Bulld0g
8th April, 2013, 08:07 PM
:eek: Welcome back, how's granny doing lol

pillapow
8th April, 2013, 11:01 PM
:eek: Welcome back, how's granny doing lol

Granny.. ? What u on about?

Ahh ****in hell yeh, three word story.. Forgot about that.

Grannys doing just fine BD, she been asking about ya n'all.

Bulld0g
9th April, 2013, 10:41 PM
FORMER chief constable Sir Norman Bettison has been stripped of the honorary fellowship given to him by Liverpool John Moores University after a report into his role in the Hillsborough cover up.

Last month the Independent Police Complaints Commission found Mr Bettison has a case to answer for ?discreditable conduct and abuse of authority? in the wake of last year?s Hillsborough revelations.

A spokesman for the university said: "In light of the conclusions published by the Independent Police Complaints Commission Report (28th March 2013), Liverpool John Moores University has withdrawn the Honorary Fellowship awarded to Sir Norman Bettison in 2004.

"As previously stated the university would like to commend the families and friends of those who died in the Hillsborough tragedy for the dignity and fortitude they have shown during their lengthy campaign for justice."

Sheila Coleman, spokeswoman for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said: "It is good to see John Moores has finally seen sense, but it?s not before time.

"It was remiss of John Moores to have given him an honorary fellowship in the first place when there had been so many questions about his role about Hillsborough."

Wolfpack
10th April, 2013, 03:58 PM
A team with Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez should be scoring goals, especially against shite like West Ham, If Andy Carroll was eligible today, we would of probably been beaten.

They should of scored. I still don't like only having on holding midfielder ( Lucus ) in the lineup. It makes Gerrard track back to much and cover. They need to holding mids with Gerrard always playing the CAM. I know it leaves Either Sturridge or Coutinho out but it's the way it shoud be.

pillapow
10th April, 2013, 04:01 PM
And F*ck Thatcher aswell the senile witch. Maggie Maggie Maggie... Dead Dead Dead.

JFT96.

pillapow
10th April, 2013, 04:03 PM
Wolfpack.

I'd like to see Gerrard further forward but he isnt what he used to be, that said, I think hes having his best season for a long time, ten goals hes on iirc.

zee24
10th April, 2013, 07:35 PM

Liverpool fan outside Melwood

wongers
11th April, 2013, 06:51 PM
thats uncanny never thought i'd see another set of teeth like that:laugh:

Monty31ot
13th April, 2013, 07:04 PM
Ok just watched Reading game and once again woeful finishing cost us 3pts. Yes the Reading keeper had a blinder but really should have won that. Now Im wondering whats next for Brendan Rodgers as its looking like no europe next season and no domestic silverware this season. Kenny achieved more last season taking us to two finals and was still sacked so I wonder how FSG will handle this at the end of the season ?

andy1967
13th April, 2013, 10:05 PM
It cost close to ?9 million to get rid of KD, Id say they will give Rodgers another season or 2 unless they had a clause in his contract to sack him on the cheap.

Bulld0g
13th April, 2013, 11:06 PM
They will stick with Rodgers because he was their choice. I would agree with Andy, he will get at least another season, probably two. If he isn't making progress after that they will look for another manager. We don't want to end up a club who sacks the manager because he doesn't give an instant return.
It's been a frustrating season for us but let's get behind the manager and see how things develop.

maca
13th April, 2013, 11:18 PM
I reckon he's doing ok he never promised anything in his 1st season he said its a rebuilding prosess and thats what its been. we have played some great football this season as said above by bd lets see what happens next season i reckon all these young players we have will come good next season plus with a the odd addition to the squad things look good.

Bulld0g
15th April, 2013, 12:20 AM
April 15th 1989 Twenty four years. It seems like a lifetime ago and still it seems like only yesterday. 96 lives needlessly taken away at a football match. Always in our thoughts and never ever forgotten.

RIP mate.

wongers
15th April, 2013, 07:29 PM
very moving service today bill kenwright was spot on in the things he had to say and as always margaret aspinall gave a magnificent speech R.I.P 96

leotheloin
15th April, 2013, 10:15 PM
I've just seen the memorial monument what a fantastic monument it is i've seen many a one that was dedicated to there loved ones that died in both world wars but never seen one like this fantastic,, next time im over there it will be the first i'll visit. I know it's a sad and special day for you.. this memorial imo will immortalised the 96 they will be remembered and never forgottenhttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8253/8651425627_7c9e3a29ab.jpg

Bulld0g
15th April, 2013, 10:45 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/943-bulld0g/albums/smilies/187312-35c367c.jpg

C0sta
18th April, 2013, 11:38 AM
193563:goodpost:Statistics published this week prove that the Reds are England's best of all time.

wongers
18th April, 2013, 07:07 PM
R.I.P Anne Williams a truly inspirational woman, reunited again with her son Kevin, god bless.

pillapow
18th April, 2013, 10:05 PM
I see Jon Henry has been seeking advice from the owners of United and Arsenal on "how to run a football club" -

On Rodgers, I can see us getting in that top4 next season, |As long as we dont sell any of our star men "Skrtle included) We should be ok.

I also want Stuart Downing to talk less and try beating his man on the wing more than two times per season the bone idle tw*t.

firestorm
21st April, 2013, 06:50 PM
:afraid::dejection:::hurt::banghead::hmmmm::distur bed:

satsmo
21st April, 2013, 07:03 PM
The lad has some serious issues 194175

mark36
21st April, 2013, 07:06 PM
Agreed Satsmo.but if he can get over his issues(whatever they are)then he is a class act,most definitely this year

Shady
21st April, 2013, 07:07 PM
He cheats,
he dives
he'll eat your arms and thighs
luis suarez, luis suarez!

satsmo
21st April, 2013, 07:08 PM
True, but he isn't exactly covering the club's name in glory. A genius footballer, but never has a player come before club with Liverpool.

Hopefully he gets the right shrink over the Summer break.

Shady
21st April, 2013, 07:08 PM

-------------------------

Shady
21st April, 2013, 07:26 PM
A genius footballer,

who does that many tw@tty things that no-one talks about his obvious talents

skywash
21st April, 2013, 07:33 PM
life ban for the scum sucking bucket of shit that he is :)

Bulld0g
21st April, 2013, 07:34 PM
Totally agree, that was a career threatening bite lol

maca
21st April, 2013, 07:47 PM
life ban for the scum sucking bucket of shit that he is :)
Yeah he's a right **** is john terry

mtv1
21st April, 2013, 09:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIZBKgACcAAD593.jpg:large

Shady
21st April, 2013, 09:57 PM

--------------------

maca
21st April, 2013, 10:02 PM
thats enough now spank ed

Shady
21st April, 2013, 10:03 PM
yeah thats enough luis... or no pudding

pillapow
22nd April, 2013, 01:25 PM
Ian Ayre today said Suarez wont be sold whatsoever, they will work on his behaviour and that he has asked for his club fine to go to the Hillsborough fund.

What a guy eh... Just cant get enough.

wongers
22nd April, 2013, 07:09 PM
i heard brendan rogers had asked him to add a bit of bite to the attack:laugh:

zee24
22nd April, 2013, 07:30 PM

:afraid:

Wolfpack
23rd April, 2013, 01:11 AM
Suarez might be a little warped in the head but please stop asking for a permanent ban. If they didn't ban a player for kicking a fan in the chest then the nibble Suarez took isn't much. Between the hand ball and the bite wasn't the goal he scored a fitting ending to the game. Got to love it. Nice to see some respect for Rafa.

gc1966
23rd April, 2013, 07:27 PM
you can not and should not compare it to the cantona situation,cantona at least never repeated the same offence and learned his lesson,alas luis is not that intelligent.

Shady
23rd April, 2013, 07:30 PM
he doesnt need to be when hes got liverpool defending him.. didnt manu ban cantona for 4 months? what have liverpool done to suarez? just talked about how he shouldnt have done it, then fawned over what a great player he is. Theres defending your players, as every team should do, but in both the racism case and this, Liverpool has taken that defense to a whole new level. And its the SAME player, Liverpools a great club, it really is, but this defending of one player runs the risk of making him more important than the club...

pillapow
24th April, 2013, 02:08 PM
Well unfortunately for the non Liverpool fans, Suarez is here to stay, so get used to it. I mean he is the best player in the league by far.

gc1966
24th April, 2013, 02:38 PM
Well unfortunately for the non Liverpool fans, Suarez is here to stay, so get used to it. I mean he is the best player in the league by far.

do not really care if he stays or goes to be honest,i did like the way he asked for his club fine to be donated to the Hillsborough fund whilst not offering to match his fine with the same self donation,awesome player agreed but best in league by far is a big statement to make,it does prove though that being blessed with such brilliance does not polish the turd.

zee24
24th April, 2013, 03:01 PM
Luis Suarez has been banned for 10 games

jordigirl
24th April, 2013, 03:03 PM
he deserves it - and when he comes back he should be made to wear a muzzle :roflmao:

zee24
24th April, 2013, 03:05 PM
The FA has released the following statement:

Luis Suarez has been suspended for a total of 10 matches after an Independent Regulatory Commission today ruled on a charge of violent conduct.
A three-person Independent Regulatory Commission today upheld The FA's claim that a suspension of three matches was clearly insufficient and the player will serve a further seven first-team matches in addition to the standard three. The suspension begins with immediate effect.

This follows an incident with Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday's fixture at Anfield (21 April 2013).
The Liverpool forward had accepted a charge of violent conduct but had denied The FA's claim that the standard three-match sanction was insufficient for the offence.

The incident was not seen by the match officials and has therefore been retrospectively reviewed.

Suarez has until 12pm on Friday 26 April to appeal the additional suspension, above the standard three matches.

zee24
24th April, 2013, 03:06 PM
Liverpool Football Club has today commented on the decision to ban Luis Suarez for 10 games following the incident with Branislav Ivanovic during the game against Chelsea on April 21, 2013.

Suarez took swift action on Sunday to make an unreserved apology for his behaviour and accepted the charge of violet conduct from the FA.

LFC managing director Ian Ayre said: "Both the club and player are shocked and disappointed at the severity of today's Independent Regulatory Commission decision.
"We await the written reasons tomorrow before making any further comment."

Shady
24th April, 2013, 04:14 PM
a bit severe? :hmmmm:. LAST TIME HE TOOK A CHUNK OUT OF SOMEONE the dutch fa banned him for 7 games. You always get done more if it isn't your first offence.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

manxspud
24th April, 2013, 04:18 PM
Not severe at all imho ... supposed to be a pro footballer ... if i bite someone at work doupt i would still have a job !!!

cunny
24th April, 2013, 04:59 PM
I personally think he got off lightly.

These people are supposed to be role models to our kids. When do we tell our kids not to bite others?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

zee24
24th April, 2013, 05:04 PM
He shouldn't have done what he did no doubt about it, but you telling me it's worse then breaking someone leg, elbowing someone. If your talking about previous didn't Roy Keane have previous when he broke ALf Inge Haarlands leg? didn't Balotelli have previous when he stamped on Parkers head? Neither got as much as this.

What's the FA saying biting is worse then racism?????????

cunny
24th April, 2013, 05:46 PM
Maybe his previous for racism has had a bearing on this? He has done it before also.

I'm not gonna get into a debate about other incidents, Roy Keane was bang wrong with Alfie and so on. But maybe the FA need to get some kind of structure on these kind of incidents.

pillapow
24th April, 2013, 06:23 PM
I think 10 games is ok, considering the timing, and the bastard FA in general. I was expecting 12 games minimum.

That said, This season is a write off anyway, so its 4 games of this campaign, 6 of next season, one of which is a cup game, so 5 important PL games he will miss really.

Thats not too bad to be honest because what he did was very out of order, but he would have to strangle someone to death on the pitch to warrant selling the loco bastard.

Borini & Sturridge can hold the fort for 5 games no problem. Plus who knows, we may just sign some wonderkid striker from the continent. ;)

maca
24th April, 2013, 06:48 PM
you can not and should not compare it to the cantona situation,cantona at least never repeated the same offence and learned his lesson,alas luis is not that intelligent.
Mind you dont crease your man utd top m8 ..

gc1966
24th April, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mind you dont crease your man utd top m8 ..

some things transcend the club you support and this incident was one of those,any sane and right minded person could never make allowance or excuse such behaviour from one professional to another.and you call us bitter. m8

aftermath
24th April, 2013, 07:55 PM
Its a shame the guy has some really good footballing skills, and he stands out in an average team imo. but to go biting someone in a 2nd offence and complain about a 10 match ban shows that he is not that intelligent at all. Most of us thought a 12 match ban was a minimum punishment.

If i acted like that at work i would immediately be suspended, and then sacked at my hearing.

I would like to wager that in the very near future the guy gets in trouble for racism again as he will never learn.

If Liverpool football club had done the right thing and acted straight away and gave him a heavy fine as well as a lengthy ban , i bet he would of got off much lighter, but they didnt , so now more press attraction,and more he will be scrutinised in the future.

Remember back at the Cantona situation, the club acted immediately , giving him a severe punishment, then the police were more lenient.

waj_uk
24th April, 2013, 08:00 PM
no liverpool supporter would defend suarez's actions on sunday but double standards by the FA is what p***** us off, and yes we are referring to the jermaine defoe incident whos 'cheeky' character made him bite mascherano's arm and got away with a yellow card, suarez should'v been rightly banned but a 5/6 game ban was more than sufficient, i bet if it was rio 'crackpot' ferdinand or any utd player purple nose would have something to say about it, cantona got a 8 match ban for a assault of a fan suarez got 8 game ban for 'racism' somehow i cant agree that this offence was any worse than the others

maca
24th April, 2013, 08:46 PM
He got everything he deserved maybe could have got a lot more. but he's a liverpool player and i like him as a player imo one of the best in the prem along side bale rvp maybe even better. just a shame he has moments of madness that wipe out the moments of genius.

cunny
24th April, 2013, 08:51 PM
Why are we looking at the Cantona Incident? He kicked a supporter,. Suarez bit another player, not the 1st time he has done this, which is violent conduct on the field.

I agree with AM and if the club gave him a heavy fine and 3-6 game ban, the FA ban might have been less. However, lets be honest, he has previous and not only for biting. What does not help is the media coverage we have now, there are more camera's at games, reporters looking for the smallest of incidents or quotes and blowing them out of proportion.

From a liverpool view, thieir season is over so he serves a good chunk of his ban before next season and hope he shows more of the great player he is and can get better by stopping the stupid stuff.

Wolfpack
24th April, 2013, 09:14 PM
The FA is a Joke! 10 games for attempted biting. Their was no bite mark on Ivan's arm. I know he tried to bite but ten games? I've seen much worse get a yellow card. Are they going to make him get sensitivity training. Looking on the bright side he can use this time to fix the massive overbite he has:laugh:

leotheloin
26th April, 2013, 02:28 PM
no liverpool supporter would defend suarez's actions on sunday but double standards by the FA is what p***** us off, and yes we are referring to the Jermaine defoe incident whos 'cheeky' character made him bite mascherano's arm and got away with a yellow card, suarez should've been rightly banned but a 5/6 game ban was more than sufficient, i bet if it was rio 'crackpot' ferdinand or any utd player purple nose would have something to say about it, cantona got a 8 match ban for a assault of a fan suarez got 8 game ban for 'racism' somehow i cant agree that this offence was any worse than the others

Good of you to say that no pool fan would defend LS actions admire you for that,, but as norm you bring the champions into this dispute lets first go to rios,, banned for eight months for not taking a drugs test so how many games did he miss??? now cantona sentenced to 2weeks in prison but reduced to 120hours community service and a world wide ban for nine months for assaulting a cp fan. Myself being a united fan yes i do agree with the fa uefa for imposing lengthy bans on the united players. BTW LS 10game ban is nothing compaired to the united players and there are lot more players who got longer bans then LS heres two di canio and ben thatcher.

wongers
26th April, 2013, 06:50 PM
yes your right both of those players got bans one for attacking the ref and the other for breaking an opposing players jaw that hardly equates to what suarez did ,he did deserve a ban but its the hypocrisy of the f.a. that grinds its supposed to be an independent panel that sit but before they did the f.a. released a statement saying the incident warranted more than the statutery 3 game ban how can it be an independent panel if the f.a. are influencing it before it sits

zee24
26th April, 2013, 11:00 PM
Speaking before Su?rez decided on Friday to accept the 10-match tariff for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic, Ferguson said: "I think back to Cantona and I have to say that a nine-month ban doesn't equate to a 10-match, does it? I can understand how Liverpool are aggrieved at it, I must say that. I keep going back to [Cantona] the FA done us that day, we would never allow that to happen now. I would never have listened to them in the first place saying that if 'you make your punishment we'll be happy'.

"We did that, gave him a four-month ban and then they turned round two or three days [later, and said]: 'Right, we're charging him.' We would never allow that to happen again at this club."

Asked if this was why Liverpool did not choose to levy their own ban on Su?rez, Ferguson said: "I'll bet they're glad they didn't. It didn't work with us, that's for sure. David Davies [then the FA's spokesman] promised us that, if we did it, there'd be no more action taken bloody hell. If you think about it a nine-month ban, its quite incredible, I still can't get round that."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/alex-ferguson-luis-suarez-eric-cantona?CMP=twt_gu (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/26/alex-ferguson-luis-suarez-eric-cantona?CMP=twt_gu)

awhitey44
27th April, 2013, 03:56 PM
If i was a proffessional player in this current climate, with a lot of similar issues to ****ana, Di Canio Barton, Suarez whoever your like - you may as well go the whole hog and carry out your action. If your Barton - give Aguero a proper headbutt (split his nose even), ****ana, well the Criminal Justice system dishes out 9 months to thugs scissor kicking folk in the temple, if your Di Canio give the ref a proper dig and if your suarez for christ sake bite a chunk out of him. You know why? because attempted harm to aonther fellow professional is too often categorised under assaualt on another player, whether that be viewing footage at a later date or Live. Youll never take it out if his game. Luckily IMO he aint let the club down because the Nigerito comment and the Bite have taken place when the team are trying to finish at best 6th therefore i couldnt give a toss.

gc1966
28th April, 2013, 08:53 AM
If i was a proffessional player in this current climate, with a lot of similar issues to ****ana, Di Canio Barton, Suarez whoever your like - you may as well go the whole hog and carry out your action. If your Barton - give Aguero a proper headbutt (split his nose even), ****ana, well the Criminal Justice system dishes out 9 months to thugs scissor kicking folk in the temple, if your Di Canio give the ref a proper dig and if your suarez for christ sake bite a chunk out of him. You know why? because attempted harm to aonther fellow professional is too often categorised under assaualt on another player, whether that be viewing footage at a later date or Live. Youll never take it out if his game. Luckily IMO he aint let the club down because the Nigerito comment and the Bite have taken place when the team are trying to finish at best 6th therefore i couldnt give a toss.

interesting theories,so to resort to thuggery in order to achieve a top 6 finish is a price worth paying then.what would a premiership title cost. issue each player with an assortment of weapons and let them machete off the opposing goalies arm,take a screwdriver to the defenders eyeballs and Stanley the strikers hamstring.

firestorm
28th April, 2013, 04:20 PM
Looks like we have at last a found alonso replacement in coutinho that guy ran the show yesterday class

wongers
28th April, 2013, 07:06 PM
please don't get carried away we've seen this so often before with other players we've had over the years its still early days for him although i would say he's had a good start to his L.F.C. career but that's all it is at the moment

firestorm
28th April, 2013, 07:34 PM
Some of them passes where world class, ok he young and promised much but failed to deliver,but he has flair, vision a cracking shot, gets stuck in when the opposition has the ball and he can read the game for a 20 year old, with only a couple of months premier league experience.Under Brenden Rodgers he seems to flourish. The last midfield player to have this vision was alonso(apart from gerrard) and that void has never been filled. i am not saying he is as good as alonso but he is good now and he can only get better.

zee24
28th April, 2013, 07:50 PM
Ive watched him since Rafa spoke highly about him during his time at Inter, I was a fan before he joined us and a even bigger one now, so far so good he's been a brilliant signing as has Sturridge. About time we had a decent no.10 after Joe Cole and Voronin.

zee24
4th May, 2013, 11:14 PM

'THANKS': Liverpool fans will pay tribute to Everton for support over Hillsborough with Kop mosaic ahead of Merseyside derby

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318188/Liverpool-fans-pay-tribute-Everton-support-Hillsborough-Kop-mosaic-ahead-derby.html#ixzz2SMfGzJda (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318188/Liverpool-fans-pay-tribute-Everton-support-Hillsborough-Kop-mosaic-ahead-derby.html#ixzz2SMfGzJda)

pillapow
5th May, 2013, 05:51 PM
Benitez does the biz yet again. Hah.

zee24
6th May, 2013, 09:53 PM
looks like the rumoured kit was true

pillapow
7th May, 2013, 11:12 PM
Spanish media reporting pepe is signing a 2 year deal with barca..

If this is true, I would go for Mignolet. Cracking young keeper.

Adios pep, you wanted out for a while now heres your chance.

zee24
7th May, 2013, 11:29 PM
If it's true I wouldn't be bitter towards him he stuck by us when he too could have gone after Torres, Alonso, Mascherano and it's Barcelona where he started out, besides he hasn't had the best 2/3 seasons to his usual standards im sure he would agree himself.

Mignolet has had a brilliant season but Vorm or Stegen from Monchengladbach would be my choice

zee24
8th May, 2013, 09:58 PM

lol

pillapow
8th May, 2013, 10:30 PM
And low, the day hath com, for god said "today be'ith the day that united goes down the shitpipe."

Ginger bollocks is primed and ready to balls everything up at the toilet of dreams.

Cant help but think Rafa drove the final nail in last week.

Ahh well, nothing lasts forever.

WHERES YOUR DADDY GONE? WHERES YOUR DADDY GONE.

5 TIMES.

zee24
9th May, 2013, 11:09 PM
Does a child you know want the chance to emulate the likes of Stevie G by playing on the famous Anfield turf?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/fancy-playing-at-anfield-2? (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/fancy-playing-at-anfield-2?)

pillapow
12th May, 2013, 01:02 AM
wouldnt mind callum mcmanaman replacing downing on the right, any takers on this kid, hes scouse aswell. got bigger balls than stewart n'all.

killer200
12th May, 2013, 10:45 PM
Well played lads today

pillapow
16th May, 2013, 10:36 PM

Hahahahahah

zee24
16th May, 2013, 11:27 PM
Fergie reveals love for legend Carragher as Liverpool confirm retiring defender will get guard of honour at Anfield on Sunday

Sir Alex Ferguson has heaped praise on the retiring Jamie Carragher on the day it was confirmed the Liverpool legend would be given a guard of honour by his club for his final game on Sunday.

The Anfield great will bring the curtain down on his career this weekend after 16 years at the heart of the Liverpool defence.

Carragher, who is second on the club's all-time appearance list, follows Sir Alex Ferguson into retirement, who last week confirmed he was quitting the Manchester United hotseat.

Ferguson's teams have done battle with the former England man on 33 occassions over the last two decades, with Carragher's spirit and determination leaving a lasting impression on his rival.

Speaking as part of a documentary into the 35-year-old, Ferguson said: He's absolutely a player I admire. He's the epitome of a loyal, dedicated player who Liverpool have been lucky to have for more than a decade.

He's been a bedrock of their defensive qualities for years and years. I loved him. He's a fantastic example for any young lad that wants to play the game. He's been a really, really good professional.

He's absolutely the type of player a manager wants. I used to rave about Brucie [Steve Bruce] and the nine years he had with us, and I think Jamie Carragher is that exact same mould - can play with injuries, gets knocked about and gets back up, hardly misses a game.

You're lucky to have players like that. I was lucky to have Steve Bruce and he is the same type of player. A fantastic player.
Meanwhile, it was announced this morning that Liverpool and QPR will give Carragher a guard of honour when he emerges for his final game on Sunday. A mosaic on the Kop will also pay tribute.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325442/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-praises-retiring-Liverpool-defender-Jamie-Carragher.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325442/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-praises-retiring-Liverpool-defender-Jamie-Carragher.html)

pillapow
17th May, 2013, 08:15 PM
Nice one fergie, your not wrong either.

techtechnique
19th May, 2013, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know what satellite / channel the QPR game is on this afternoon?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Wolfpack
20th May, 2013, 03:45 PM
Sad to see Carra go. You can't blame any footballer wanting to play CL football. I have always said Liverpool should of sign some veteran players who could of got Liverpool a 4th place finish then you can attract world class players. I know people want to rebuild the team with young talent but that can take years. The Liverpool squad looks promising and they look good against shit teams ( Yesterday should of atleast scored 3 against shitty QPR ) but can't do it against the top half of the league. I can't see much more out of Liverpool unless they sign another world calss holding mid to play along side Lucus freeing up Gerrard to play the CAM. Hate to see Pepe go but you can't blame him.

andy1967
21st May, 2013, 07:45 PM
Andy Caroll, 15m fee agreed with West Ham apparently :surprise:

pillapow
26th May, 2013, 09:55 PM
roll on the transfer window, wanna see some big early buys.

zee24
28th May, 2013, 10:41 PM
Liverpool Football Club can today announce they have agreed a deal in principle with Kolo Toure to join the club on July 1.

The powerful defender will be registered as a Reds player when his current deal with Manchester City expires.

Toure, 32, will arrive at Anfield boasting a wealth of experience having represented both City and Arsenal in the Barclays Premier League since switching to English football in 2002 and add depth to Brendan Rodgers' defensive ranks ahead of 2013-14.

The Ivory Coast international, signed by Arsene Wenger from homeland club ASEC Mimosas, made his Gunners debut in the 2002 Community Shield against Liverpool at the Millennium Stadium.

Originally deployed in midfield or at full-back, Toure was moved to centre-back for the 2003-04 season and helped Arsenal go the entire league season unbeaten as they swept to the title, adding to the FA Cup they'd lifted the previous season.

He added a second FA Cup medal in 2005, while a year later he was part of the Arsenal side that reached the Champions League final against Barcelona having scored the only goal of the two-legged semi-final with Villarreal.

After more than 200 appearances for the Londoners, Toure was firmly established as one of the finest centre-backs in the league - and Manchester City duly swooped to sign him in the summer of 2009 and immediately appointed him club captain.

During his four years at Eastlands, he lifted another Premier League title and FA Cup in over 100 appearances for City.

On the international stage, Toure has represented the Ivory Coast at two African Cup of Nations tournaments and two World Cup finals. He has more than a century of caps for his country, for whom he has also worn the skipper's armband.

He'll become the first Ivorian to play for Liverpool when he joins the club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-agree-toure-deal? (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-agree-toure-deal?)

zee24
29th May, 2013, 06:29 PM
Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo to Liverpool deal done for 9m euros according to Guillem Balague and Marca...

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/29/opinion/firmas/1369839868.html (http://www.marca.com/2013/05/29/opinion/firmas/1369839868.html)

Bulld0g
29th May, 2013, 09:33 PM
28 Years today. RIP.

Rocco Acerra
Bruno Balli
Alfons Bos
Giancarlo Bruschera
Andrea Casula
Giovanni Casula
Nino Cerullo
Willy Chielens
Giuseppina Conti
Dirk Daenecky
Dionisio Fabbro
Jacques Fran?ois
Eugenio Gagliano
Francesco Galli
Giancarlo Gonnelli
Alberto Guarini
Giovacchino Landini
Roberto Lorentini
Barbara Lusci
Franco Martelli
Loris Messore
Gianni Mastrolaco
Sergio Bastino Mazzino
Luciano Rocco Papaluca
Luigi Pidone
Bento Pistolato
Patrick Radcliffe
Domenico Ragazzi
Antonio Ragnanese
Claude Robert
Mario Ronchi
Domenico Russo
Tarcisio Salvi
Gianfranco Sarto
Giuseppe Spalaore
Mario Spanu
Tarcisio Venturin
Jean Michel Walla
Claudio Zavaroni

scouserdanny
30th May, 2013, 11:01 AM
Alright fellow kopites,

only just spotted this thread :welcoming:

seen some reports we're also close to signing Luis Alberto, owned by sevilla but on loan at Barcelona B. 11 goals & 17 assists this season.

YNWA

pillapow
31st May, 2013, 03:32 PM

Bit early for that aint it.. Wolfpack, what you doing mate?

pillapow
31st May, 2013, 04:37 PM
Just bought this DVD..

andy1967
31st May, 2013, 08:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLmSm1xCMAIB_rw.jpg:large lol

pillapow
1st June, 2013, 11:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLmSm1xCMAIB_rw.jpg:large lol

Its the ears, deffo the ears, they are worse than Luis' ....

grizzuk
2nd June, 2013, 10:58 PM
what's the punchline or am I missing something here

wongers
3rd June, 2013, 06:48 PM
look who posted it mate and that will explain everything :witless:

opsmonkey
8th June, 2013, 01:12 AM
Can safely say that was a shit season.! Can't wait to pay over ?50 a ticket to watch BRod's pile of shite

koppit
8th June, 2013, 12:19 PM
spent the last 21 years being optimistic why stop now lol

grizzuk
10th June, 2013, 08:00 PM
Can safely say that was a shit season.! Can't wait to pay over ?50 a ticket to watch BRod's pile of shite

can't say I agree with that at all, might not have been the best season but look at the poor start we had with the transfer window etc the 2nd half of the season was pretty good
once Sturridge and Coutinho got going things looked loads better

pillapow
13th June, 2013, 07:00 PM
Suarez - ?45m
Carroll - ?15m
Skrtle - ?12m
D'ning - ?6m

?72m from sales, plus lets say ?22m in the kitty anyway,

Brendan and ?100m - Top 4? League? Hehehe, Im excited.

Shady
13th June, 2013, 07:10 PM

and im :roflmao:

Suarez - ?45m
Carroll - ?15m
Skrtle - ?12m
D'ning - ?6m

?72m from sales,

that 78 million :rolleyes:

Brendan and ?100m

ands THATS 94 million :rolleyes:

maca
13th June, 2013, 07:18 PM
Suarez - ?45m
Carroll - ?15m
Skrtle - ?12m
D'ning - ?6m

You ****ing priceless :roflmao:

phil-h
14th June, 2013, 12:07 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/phil-h/humour/ive-done-the-math-it-says-doubt-it-thumb_zpsbf91c74a.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/user/phil-h/media/humour/ive-done-the-math-it-says-doubt-it-thumb_zpsbf91c74a.jpg.html)

andy1967
15th June, 2013, 06:02 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/phil-h/humour/ive-done-the-math-it-says-doubt-it-thumb_zpsbf91c74a.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/user/phil-h/media/humour/ive-done-the-math-it-says-doubt-it-thumb_zpsbf91c74a.jpg.html)

23 years aint it lol

Bulld0g
15th June, 2013, 06:43 PM
Yea not 26 though

pillapow
16th June, 2013, 01:51 PM
Aah well whatever happens i'll bet anyone on here we finish above united this season. Cant wait till the pressure pot starts bubbling for Moyes, when the players think "f*ck me, its not the same here anymore"

Bulld0g
16th June, 2013, 01:53 PM
I doubt that's going to happen as long as Fergy is pulling Moyes' strings.

Wolfpack
17th June, 2013, 01:25 AM

Bit early for that aint it.. Wolfpack, what you doing mate?
I am counting the days when the prem kicks off again.
I think Suarez is getting tired of the press in England but it is his own fault except the Evera thing. You can't blame him for wanting to play CL football. Liverpool needs to sign some big names that can push us to a CL spot next season. Some players will come to the club cause of what Liverpool FC is but if they can't play CL football no one will come and players like Suarez will leave. I know is sucks but CL football is everything and if we can't play it Liverpool can end up like Spurs.

zee24
19th June, 2013, 06:07 PM
Liverpool FC fixtures for the coming 2013-14 season:

August

17/08/ 15:00 Stoke City (h)
24/08/ 15:00 Aston Villa (a)
31/08/ 15:00 Man United (h)

September

14/09/ 15:00 Swansea City (a)
21/09/ 15:00 Southampton (h)
28/09/ 15:00 Sunderland (a)

October

05/10/ 15:00 Crystal Palace (h)
19/10/ 15:00 Newcastle United (a)
26/10/ 15:00 WBA (h)

November

02/11/ 15:00 Arsenal (a)
09/11/ 15:00 Fulham (h)
23/11/ 15:00 Everton (a)
30/11/ 15:00 Hull City (a)

December

03/12/ 20:00 Norwich City (h)
07/12/ 15:00 West Ham Utd (h)
14/12/ 15:00 Spurs. (a)
21/12/ 15:00 Cardiff City (h)
26/12/ 15:00 Manchester City (a)
28/12/ 15:00 Chelsea (a)

January

01/01/ 15:00 Hull City (h)
11/01/ 15:00 Stoke City (a)
18/01/ 15:00 Aston Villa (h)
28/01/ 20:00 Everton (h)

February

01/02/ 15:00 WBA (a)
08/02/ 15:00 Arsenal (h)
12/02/ 20:00 Fulham (a)
22/02/ 15:00 Swansea City (h)

March

01/03/ 15:00 Southampton (a)
08/03/ 15:00 Sunderland (h)
15/03/ 15:00 Manchester Utd (a)
22/03/ 15:00 Cardiff City (a)
29/03/ 15:00 Spurs (h)

April

05/04/ 15:00 West Ham Utd (a)
12/04/ 15:00 Manchester City (h)
19/04/ 15:00 Norwich City (a)
26/04/ 15:00 Chelsea (h)

May

03/05/ 15:00 Crystal Palace (a)
11/05/ 15:00 Newcastle United (h)

Monty31ot
21st June, 2013, 07:59 PM
Whats the story with Suarez ? may be one of the locals on here know more...he obviously wants to go to Real Madrid but hasn't handed in a transfer request. So Im only guessing that handing in a transfer request will trigger the ?40m transfer fee ? and RM are not willing to pay that sum.

khan07958
22nd June, 2013, 02:34 PM
Reds complete Luis Alberto deal - Liverpool FC (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-complete-luis-alberto-deal)

wongers
23rd June, 2013, 07:45 PM
as far as liverpool are concerned there waiting to speak to him after he's finished in the tournament he's in now but there adament he's not going unless he hands in a transfer request and according to the club the ?40 mill release clause does not exist

zee24
24th June, 2013, 08:39 PM
?260m Anfield regeneration plans revealed

Scheme hopes to revitalise North Liverpool with new homes and business premises as well as a new LFC stadium

The ambitious scheme will see hundreds of new homes, new business premises, a revamped stadium for Liverpool FC, a village square, a hospitality academy hotel with 100 beds and a pedestrian-friendly avenue gateway cutting through Stanley Park right up to the football ground.

Around 300 vacant or derelict houses will have to be demolished to make way for the plans, which will include the refurbishment of around 500 homes.

Around 250 new homes will be added to the growing Parks housing estate development.

Residents who have lived in uncertainty for more than a decade have been given their first glimpse of the plans, which are being spearheaded by the council, the Reds and housing association Your Housing.

The project, which should take around five years to complete, will be the biggest single regeneration push in the city after the multi-billion pound Liverpool Waters development.

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson, who has been in high-level talks with Reds owner John Henry and housing chiefs for more than six months, said the people of Anfield had been ;let down badly in the past, and deserved to see their community restored to its former glory.

The football club's plans will account for up to ?150m of the ?260m price tag for the project. The Reds will remain at Anfield and expand the stadium on its current footprint.

The rest of the investment will go on new roads and infrastructure, renovated housing and newly built homes.

Around 700 new jobs will be created, and Stanley Park will become home to a food hub, including what the ECHO understands to be a market garden growing local produce.

Mayor Anderson said: We've been thinking that you can't just have house building and refurbishment just on their own. There can't be any regeneration without regenerating the wider community.

That's why we've established this partnership with Your Housing group and the Club, and it was absolutely essential that we did that.

Despite the government pulling the housing market renewal (HMR) money, we are making progress anyway, with political determination and vision.

So far, more than ?40m of improvements have already been made in the area, including some new housing developments by Keepmoat Homes, the Isla Gladstone Conservatory in Stanley Park, the Four Oaks Primary School and Mere Lane health centre.

But Mayor Anderson said despite progress so far, he was determined to make sure no promises were made that couldn't be delivered, adding: I'm absolutely determined not to allow officers who work for the council or the Club or anybody to exaggerate what will be achieved.

For far too long people have been given the impression that things would change and improve, but they didn't.

The ECHO understands that the council's contribution to the overall cost will include around ?13m of government funding, and a large proportion of the value of the scheme is tied up in land and property owned by the council.

Money the club must provide in return for planning permission known as Section 106 money will also go towards the cost of the project, and potentially any European funding that was given on the condition Liverpool FC built a new stadium in the park, which could be around ?7m.
While the overall project incorporates Anfield stadium being enhanced, the Club is keen to make sure it wins the support of local residents.

But while it owns a number of houses in Lothair Road immediately behind the ground and Your Housing (formerly Arena) owns many more in the Rockfield Road area, there are some properties owned by private landlords which the council is currently in talks about purchasing.

Council sources said if the owners were not willing to sell at a reasonable price then the authority would not be afraid to resort to using its compulsory purchase powers.

Residents who were last night invited to a meeting at the Isla Gladstone conservatory to look at the plans will be given six weeks to feed back their views, before more concrete proposals are worked up and an official consultation held, with planning applications expected to be lodged next year.

Brian Cronin, chief executive of the Your Housing group, said: A lot has already been achieved in Anfield through the determination of community leaders and residents and those people should rightly take pride in their achievements.

But there is still a huge amount to be done to realise our wider vision, and we will continue to work with Liverpool City Council and the local community to ensure a positive outcome for Anfield and its residents, who can now begin to look forward to a positive future for the area.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/260m-anfield-regeneration-plans-revealed-4705912?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/260m-anfield-regeneration-plans-revealed-4705912?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

Wolfpack
25th June, 2013, 04:02 PM
Whats the story with Suarez ? may be one of the locals on here know more...he obviously wants to go to Real Madrid but hasn't handed in a transfer request. So Im only guessing that handing in a transfer request will trigger the ?40m transfer fee ? and RM are not willing to pay that sum.

I don't think he will go this summer. The media love to play with him. If he goes it will be in January. No matter what if a player wants to leave you should sell him and at least make some money. Their is always someone else.

zee24
25th June, 2013, 08:48 PM

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Belgium international goalkeeper Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.

The deal with the Black Cats is now complete and the 25-year-old has penned a long-term contract after passing a medical at Melwood.

He becomes the first Belgian to represent the Reds - and has been welcomed to the club by manager Brendan Rodgers.

"I am delighted that we have been able to sign one of the top goalkeepers in the Barclays Premier League," said Rodgers.

"Simon will join a club that will give him an opportunity to demonstrate and improve his huge talent."

Mignolet is widely regarded as one of the best young stoppers in Europe and has 13 caps for his country.

He made 90 appearances during his time at the Stadium of Light after arriving from hometown club Sint-Truiden in 2010.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/mignolet-completes-liverpool-switch (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/mignolet-completes-liverpool-switch)

thered
25th June, 2013, 11:44 PM

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Belgium international goalkeeper Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.

The deal with the Black Cats is now complete and the 25-year-old has penned a long-term contract after passing a medical at Melwood.

He becomes the first Belgian to represent the Reds - and has been welcomed to the club by manager Brendan Rodgers.

"I am delighted that we have been able to sign one of the top goalkeepers in the Barclays Premier League," said Rodgers.

"Simon will join a club that will give him an opportunity to demonstrate and improve his huge talent."

Mignolet is widely regarded as one of the best young stoppers in Europe and has 13 caps for his country.

He made 90 appearances during his time at the Stadium of Light after arriving from hometown club Sint-Truiden in 2010.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/mignolet-completes-liverpool-switch (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/mignolet-completes-liverpool-switch)

Decent keeper tbh much better than reina

thered
25th June, 2013, 11:44 PM

Decent keeper tbh much better than reina

gc1966
29th June, 2013, 08:19 AM
Aah well whatever happens i'll bet anyone on here we finish above united this season. Cant wait till the pressure pot starts bubbling for Moyes, when the players think "f*ck me, its not the same here anymore"

I already have one running saying they will win two more champion leagues fore Liverpool win the prem,so go on then,i will have some of that

thered
29th June, 2013, 11:49 AM
I already have one running saying they will win two more champion leagues fore Liverpool win the prem,so go on then,i will have some of that

Might be a while before you get a return but i dont think your bet will ever lose lol

gc1966
29th June, 2013, 12:42 PM
Might be a while before you get a return but i dont think your bet will ever lose lol

tbh I consider it a shoe-in and the statement from above post is gotta be tempting to any betting man, united to drop from 1st to 7th next season is a lump on bet,28 points between the two clubs last term and 11 points from 7th to 5th for Liverpool against spurs means united will have to finish 7th for that bet to be realised

pillapow
1st July, 2013, 10:29 PM

Bets on then mate, we'll finish above united.

Does moyes have a clause in his contract requiring him to drive a shitty chevrolet tin can?

gc1966
2nd July, 2013, 02:57 PM
Bets on then mate, we'll finish above united.

Does moyes have a clause in his contract requiring him to drive a shitty chevrolet tin can?

no probs m8,just empty your penny jar and tell me what it amounts to and I will gladly cover it.you will finish 6th next season cos we will end up nearer the 11th or 12th spot,i feel chelsea,united,city,arsenal,spurs then you will be the top six in that order barring any major changes fore it kicks off.as for moyes I think he will be twice as successful as Brendan Rodgers.after all two times nothing is still nothing.

Bulld0g
8th July, 2013, 07:15 PM
Liverpool Football Club is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former player Dave Hickson at the age of 83.

The striker was one of the only men to have represented all three Merseyside clubs - the Reds, Everton and Tranmere - during the course of his career.

It was with the Blues where Hickson began his professional career, scoring 71 goals in 151 games between 1951 and 1955.

Spells at Aston Villa and Huddersfield followed before he returned to Goodison Park in 1957.

However, Hickson opted to make the move across Stanley Park in November 1959.

Nicknamed the 'Cannonball Kid', he fired 38 goals in 67 games for Liverpool during his two-year spell at the club, including a strike on his debut in a 2-1 Anfield win against Aston Villa.

He left the Reds in 1961 to join Cambridge before later representing Bury and Tranmere.

He will be sadly missed by all his former teammates and anyone who ever watched him in action.

The thoughts of everyone at Liverpool Football Club go out to his family and friends at this sad time.

RIP Dave Hickson 1929-2013

Wolfpack
9th July, 2013, 01:35 AM
I see Arsenal made a bid for Suarez. I think 30 mil a little light and i think if the price is right they should sell him. No use having him if he wants to leave they should let him. I also think if Xabi Alonso wants to return to the prem ( I highly doubt it ) Liverpool should go all out for him. Ever since he left Liverpool hasn't found his replacement and it's the one position Liverpool lack in. Alonso and Lucas in the midfield would bring atleast 4th place.

McrRed
9th July, 2013, 08:04 AM
30 million isn't just lite it's laughable. More like higuain ain't gonna go there so they're trying to make it look like they're active in the market knowing we'll tell them to do one. :sly:

terryc
9th July, 2013, 11:15 AM
i thought suarez wanted out of england.so why would liverpool consider selling him to another prem club.after all the support that liverpool have given him,i personally would cut his b*lls off and ship him off to iceland.( country or shop ).

thered
9th July, 2013, 02:02 PM
no probs m8,just empty your penny jar and tell me what it amounts to and I will gladly cover it.you will finish 6th next season cos we will end up nearer the 11th or 12th spot,i feel chelsea,united,city,arsenal,spurs then you will be the top six in that order barring any major changes fore it kicks off.as for moyes I think he will be twice as successful as Brendan Rodgers.after all two times nothing is still nothing.

Be the last you will hear

We should have a place for forum bets

Money goes into a trusted members paypal like DF, then it pays out to winner at the end of event

DF takes a little commision for site, like betfair

Good idea or what?

wongers
9th July, 2013, 07:04 PM
Liverpool Football Club is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former player Dave Hickson at the age of 83.

The striker was one of the only men to have represented all three Merseyside clubs - the Reds, Everton and Tranmere - during the course of his career.

It was with the Blues where Hickson began his professional career, scoring 71 goals in 151 games between 1951 and 1955.

Spells at Aston Villa and Huddersfield followed before he returned to Goodison Park in 1957.

However, Hickson opted to make the move across Stanley Park in November 1959.

Nicknamed the 'Cannonball Kid', he fired 38 goals in 67 games for Liverpool during his two-year spell at the club, including a strike on his debut in a 2-1 Anfield win against Aston Villa.

He left the Reds in 1961 to join Cambridge before later representing Bury and Tranmere.

He will be sadly missed by all his former teammates and anyone who ever watched him in action.

The thoughts of everyone at Liverpool Football Club go out to his family and friends at this sad time.

RIP Dave Hickson 1929-2013

great player and a hell of a nice feller i actually played against him once and even though he was thirty odd years older than me he still gave me a great game r.i.p.

zee24
14th July, 2013, 11:55 PM
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has agreed a two-year contract to stay at Anfield until 2015

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has agreed a two-year contract to stay at Anfield until 2015 - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10178888/Liverpool-captain-Steven-Gerrard-has-agreed-a-two-year-contract-to-stay-at-Anfield-until-2015.html)

andy1967
23rd July, 2013, 10:40 PM
Arsenal have put another bid in for Suarez for ?40,000,001.

pillapow
24th July, 2013, 02:37 AM
And Arsenal can royally f*ck off.

Monty31ot
24th July, 2013, 10:27 AM

Who ever put that bid in has the mental age of a child....seriously you can't do business with jokers. I think most liverpool fans acknowledge that he's going I just hope RM come in for him and deal with us in a professional conduct....thats how it usually works.

zee24
24th July, 2013, 02:44 PM
Think it was to test the waters to see if there was an actual clause to speak to Suarez if anyone bids over ?40m, while LFC adamant there is no such clause.

More talks with the player today...

Bulld0g
24th July, 2013, 06:24 PM

I think that extra ?! was the one Carragher threw at them all those years ago lol

andy1967
24th July, 2013, 07:28 PM
I think that extra ?! was the one Carragher threw at them all those years ago lol

?! :embarassed: Think you mean a ?1 lol

Bulld0g
24th July, 2013, 07:32 PM
FFS is that just to get your post countup you sad little man :dontknow:

Bulld0g
24th July, 2013, 07:35 PM
Oh look i put countup instead of count up. :embarassed: I'm going to have to be careful aren't i.

Bulld0g
24th July, 2013, 07:52 PM
95000 fans singing you'll never walk alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F_PydJHicUk

There's not many if any that could match that but no one could beat it :)

opsmonkey
24th July, 2013, 08:45 PM
If Lionel Messi was on the market for ?90m then Arsenal would bid ?85m. They consistently bid under market value for unsettled players, say 'we tried' when their bids get turned down and then sign some shite for ?5m.
In a stroke of sheer coincidence the same time Arsenal are having real difficulty selling season tickets they go public with trying to capture Rooney, Higuain and Suarez. Pure bullshit from North London, their fans might be stupid enough to fall for it but anyone with half a brain can see they are going through the motions to appease their fanbase. Also all these 'leaks' have come from John Cross in the mirror, the media arm of Arsenal

khan07958
24th July, 2013, 09:53 PM
BBC Sport - Luis Suarez: Liverpool owner baulks at Arsenal's ?40m bid (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23431430)

Well said Henry, Cavani was sold for ?55 mill.
Suarez is worth that at the very least, if not more

Bulld0g
24th July, 2013, 09:59 PM
http://lfcts.tumblr.com/post/56360295776/full-article-by-rory-smith-on-the-times-ball-back-in

Full article by Rory Smith on The Times
Ball back in Luis Su?rez?s court after Liverpool call bluff over contract Club adamant striker will not be sold for less than ?50m

Your move, Luis. If Arsenal?s ?40,000,001 bid for Luis Su?rez was seen by the Liverpool forward?s representatives as an ace in the struggle to extricate him from Anfield, it has failed. A little over 24 hours later, the ball is back in Su?rez?s court.

The aim of that highly specific, slightly sarcastic offer was simple: to establish whether Liverpool believe, as Su?rez?s agents do, that a clause exists in his contract that enables him to speak to any club that offers more than ?40 million. They do not, it turns out. Liverpool rejected the offer out of hand and, though it was suggested yesterday that Su?rez would indeed be able to hold discussions with Arsenal, Liverpool remain confident that such talks are meaningless.

The Anfield club are adamant he will not be sold for less than ?50 million. Until a suitable bid arrives, he stays. John Henry, Liverpool?s principal owner, expressed that belief on Twitter, asking ?what they are smoking at [the] Emirates? yesterday morning.

Brendan Rodgers, the manager, was less curt, suggesting that Su?rez owes his club a debt of gratitude for standing by him as he served lengthy bans for racially abusing Patrice Evra and biting Branislav Ivanovic.

?There?s nothing new to report,? Rodgers said after Su?rez featured in the last 20 minutes of Liverpool?s 2-0 win over Melbourne Victory in front of 95,000 fans at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. ?[Su?rez] is very much a Liverpool player and over the course of the next couple of weeks we?ve got to get him up to speed. The support he has received from the supporters and the people of the city of Liverpool has been unrivalled. In this period of time he?s missed a lot of games for various reasons. The people have stood by him like a son and really looked after him. ?

To judge by Su?rez?s demeanour during his brief cameo, though, that support is not at the forefront of his mind. If the 26-year-old appearing sullen as he warmed up is not exactly damning proof, his failure to celebrate with his team-mates after he teed up Iago Aspas?s goal to seal the win was moderately instructive. Given Liverpool?s interpretation of the clause in his contract ? that they simply have to inform the forward if an offer in excess of ?40 million arrives ? Su?rez has three options.

He can hope Arsenal ? or Real Madrid, who remain interested in the forward and who yesterday sold Gonzalo Higua?n to Napoli for almost ?33 million ? match Liverpool?s estimate, and steel himself for the possibility that he may yet have to remain at Anfield if they do not.

That is unlikely. Su?rez?s preference is for a move to Real. If that does not materialise, though, he would be happy for a transfer to Arsenal, despite his complaints about the treatment he has received from the English media.

There is no doubt that he is prepared to force Liverpool?s hand yet farther to get that move and is now considering whether the next step is to hand in a transfer request. That path would make the idea of him remaining at the club unpalatable for both parties, and may help to convince Liverpool to enter into a dialogue with Arsenal.

If that does not work, there is a third way: when Su?rez wished to leave his first European club, Groningen, for Ajax in the summer of 2007, he was so infuriated by their refusal to accept the Amsterdam club?s first bid that he took Groningen to court. The case failed, but just a few hours after he had left court, Ajax returned with an improved offer ? and Groningen, knowing their fans would not welcome Su?rez the next season, acquiesced to his exit.

Such a course of action remains on the table for Su?rez some six years on. It is thought he has already been in contact with his legal team in Uruguay; if the saga drags on and Liverpool refuse to hold talks with Arsenal, he may yet resort to the same tactic.

The difference, of course, is that Liverpool may wish to play hardball, confident that Su?rez would prefer not to go on strike with the World Cup finals next summer. It is Su?rez?s move, but it is not necessarily his game.

pillapow
24th July, 2013, 10:40 PM
John Henry was going to tweet "What have Arsenal been drinking?" instead of 'smoking', but then realised that they have no cups at the Emirates.

andy1967
24th July, 2013, 11:40 PM
Wenger buying a player for ?40 million would be world news. Why would the owners sell to a club which at this moment stops you from getting into the CL, never mind selling a player that would keep them in the CL. Don't forget he wants to leave because how the British press are treating him, so what's the difference to London that will help him. LFC have stood by Suarez and this is how he respect the club and the fans, his body language in todays game was awfull.

aftermath
25th July, 2013, 10:52 AM
Once bitten, twice shy

andy1967
25th July, 2013, 02:44 PM
Fair play to the lad lol

Luis Su?rez est? en Abitab (Commercial with ENGLISH subtitles) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FCDB-KLDv2w)

Wolfpack
27th July, 2013, 02:45 AM
The problem with the whole Suarez thing is does it matter if Liverpool sell him? I say yes cause no matter what if he goes i don't see Liverpool signing anyone with half his talent and no one on the bench ( Except Gerrard ) has talent close to his. If they sell they should sell in abroad. I would make him play one more year then sell him. **** him! he sign the contract. He should honor it.

thered
27th July, 2013, 11:05 PM
Rumour has it you lot are up for sale

Any truth???????

gc1966
28th July, 2013, 07:58 AM

Any truth???????

none apparently,it was reported in the scum newspaper allegedly,not read it myself cos would not wipe my arse on that rag.have stoke made a bid for suarez,cos I hear that ayre is stating they have no intention of selling him to their nearest rivals for champion league football next season????

firestorm
28th July, 2013, 10:32 AM

Any truth???????
Well the rummer started in The Scum. The truth and the scum newspaper are two different things.What i have herd is that they approached Saudi Aramco to see about a sponsorship deal, the scum got hold of the story and added there bit of creative journalism or as us common people call it lies .

thered
28th July, 2013, 11:02 AM
Wasnt the Sun where i seen it btw, but i suppose it may have originated from there

firestorm
28th July, 2013, 02:01 PM
I hope to god Thailand never get the world cup that must have been the worst tv coverage (apart from tring off course).The bit that made me laugh was it came up full time but yet they were still playing lol.
Coutinho that lad has class Ibe has some great skill , as for borini i would let him go.

pillapow
31st July, 2013, 01:11 PM
Its nice to see the mancs are getting their last little digs in before the season starts, we wont see any of them in here then mind, when United are failing to win games.

Why dont you lot worry about your club, your new manager and your poor pre season, and let us worry about our club, our manager and our 100% totally perfect pre season.

gc1966
31st July, 2013, 02:49 PM
Its nice to see the mancs are getting their last little digs in before the season starts, we wont see any of them in here then mind, when United are failing to win games.

Why dont you lot worry about your club, your new manager and your poor pre season, and let us worry about our club, our manager and our 100% totally perfect pre season.

not a manc,have you managed to count up the contents of your penny jar yet,

khan07958
1st August, 2013, 08:39 PM
Liverpool transfers: Diego Costa, a forward at Atletico Madrid, is a target - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-diego-costa-forward-2115017)

macjst35
1st August, 2013, 08:46 PM
Liverpool transfers: Diego Costa, a forward at Atletico Madrid, is a target - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-diego-costa-forward-2115017)

Liverpool have made a ?21m offer for Atletico Madrid's Brazilian striker Diego Costa.

pillapow
3rd August, 2013, 12:03 AM
not a manc,have you managed to count up the contents of your penny jar yet,

I wasnt on about you in particular, but yeh and its all going on United failing to finish in the top 4.

zee24
4th August, 2013, 12:13 AM
The president of Olympiacos, Evangelos Marinakis, issued an open letter to Steven Gerrard and Liverpool FC following today's testimonial fixture at Anfield. Here is what he wrote...

We are delighted to be part of this event for so many reasons.

Steven Gerrard is one of the finest footballers in the world, and it is fantastic to see today a club able to support a player with a testimonial after 15 years with them - but all the more so when the player is also able to play for his hometown team and achieve so much including becoming captain of club and country.

I have been a lifelong Olympiacos fan, as was my father before me, so I know only too well the pride and special feeling of being able to be part of the team that brings success to the club you've supported all of your life.

Steven may have selected Olympiacos for that special goal and all it meant to him and went on to mean, but I feel the clubs have a very special resonance and connection.

Olympiacos are a side from the port city Piraeus - today part of the wider Athens - the fans are famous for being the best and most passionate in Greece, creating a fantastic atmosphere in our stadium. Without any question it is their passion and commitment that has so often been the extra player that has cheered on their team in red and white to being the most successful club in Greece, reaching our 40th league title this year.

So it is perhaps easy to understand why Liverpool FC are very popular with many Olympiacos fans and why when I personally came to the UK to live for a while when I was younger and why I was so naturally drawn towards supporting Liverpool - as I still do today - as the connections and similarities are so clear and strong.

The clubs have been further bonded by their respective tragedies. I know all Olympiacos fans feel huge unity with Liverpool fans in the campaign for justice for the 96 as we have suffered our gate 7 tragedy where 21 supporters lost their lives just over 30 years ago.

We are equally delighted Steven has chosen to donate his proceeds from this match to the Steven Gerrard Foundation, a registered charity which helps disadvantaged children. This reinforces the feeling of common understanding as we will be donating our proceeds to similar charities in Greece to aid children who are in dire need of support today.

So for so many reasons when we were asked to take part, it was a very easy and quick decision.

We would like to offer our congratulations to Steven for a fantastic career so far and wish him a wonderful evening.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/141673-an-open-letter-from-olympiacos (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/141673-an-open-letter-from-olympiacos)

zee24
6th August, 2013, 04:19 PM
Rodgers names squad for game in Norway against Valerenga
The squad in full is:

Jones, Enrique, Toure,

Alberto, Gerrard, Aspas,

Coutinho, Assaidi, Henderson,

Coates, Downing, Spearing,

Lucas, Mignolet, Allen,

Borini, Sterling, Kelly,

Flanagan, Ibe, Wisdom.

Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Glen Johnson will not travel as a precaution after picking up knocks. Luis Suarez will also remain on Merseyside as a precaution following an injury in training yesterday. He will undergo a scan on his foot later today.

zee24
6th August, 2013, 04:21 PM
Bale, Rooney and now Suarez all injured missing pre-season games, do you think there's something more to this????????

zee24
7th August, 2013, 12:13 AM
Luis Su?rez: Let me leave, Liverpool just like you promised

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer)

maca
7th August, 2013, 12:32 PM
Liverpool transfers: Luis Suarez to Arsenal talk rubbished again by John W Henry - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-luis-suarez-arsenal-2132022)

koppit
7th August, 2013, 04:12 PM
the sooner the 30th comes around the better. bored with the suarez thing.

Bulld0g
7th August, 2013, 10:39 PM
Luis Suarez: Liverpool not obliged to sell, says Gordon Taylor

Luis Suarez's contract does not have a clause obliging Liverpool to sell him for a fee in excess of ?40m, says players' union chief Gordon Taylor.
Arsenal have had two bids rejected by the Reds, the latest a pound over ?40m.
The Uruguay striker, 26, spoke of his desire to leave Anfield on Tuesday.
Suarez in numbers
Luis Suarez
30 goals in 44 appearances for Liverpool last season
Since joining from Ajax in January 2011 for ?22.7m, has scored 51 in 96 appearances
49 goals in 48 games for Ajax the season before joining Liverpool
35 goals in 69 appearances for Uruguay
"If there is a minimum offer of ?40m then the parties will discuss things but it does not say the club has to sell," said Taylor, boss of the Professional Footballers' Association.
"There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions, but I can't say it is a cast-iron buy-out clause."
Suarez says the club "promised" he could leave this summer if they did not qualify for the Champions League. He intends to submit a transfer request by the end of the week if a move is blocked and is prepared to take the issue to the Premier League to force his exit.
Liverpool insist they do not have to sell and manager Brendan Rodgers says Arsenal's offer remains well short of his club's valuation.
Taylor confirmed his organisation will support Suarez but says if the matter is referred to a tribunal there is "no guarantee of getting a [successful] result".
"Luis is one of our members and we want to be supportive, however, he may well have thought such an offer would trigger a move," Taylor said.
"The interpretation is not that simple by any means."

Suarez's controversial career
Suarez took legal action against former club Groningen in 2006 when a bid from Ajax was rejected. He went to arbitration and lost - but was still sold as the Amsterdam side increased their offer.
Taylor will contact both the player and Liverpool in an attempt to help mediate on the matter, with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger "on standby" to do a deal.
"I just feel like in any other transfer it is better for both parties to get around the table to try to resolve it," Taylor added.
"You are hoping the club say, 'If you are determined to go, this is the figure we are looking at but if you are prepared to stay another year and you still want to go we will accept this much'.
"At the moment it is certainly festering and I don't think it is a good situation for the player or the clubs involved."

**** of the highest order.

zee24
8th August, 2013, 12:57 AM
the sooner the 30th comes around the better. bored with the suarez thing.

Transfer window closes on the 2nd 11pm

Wolfpack
8th August, 2013, 01:18 AM
If a player wants to leave then you sell them. What is Rodgers and the Liverpool management trying to prove holding on to Suarez. Sell him already. He doesn't want to be on the team anymore. The only thing i would like to see is he being sold abroad. The 40 or 50 mil Liverpool can get i'm sure they can sign another striker as long as it's not Bent.

roblfcx5
8th August, 2013, 01:36 AM
I hope to fuc werever he goes he flops to whoever with just like Torres did, he never performed like was expected, he's not a Liverpool player get shut get the doe and buy another decent player or 2
Sooner the better, he's out first 5 anyway. Fuc him.

Bulld0g
8th August, 2013, 08:26 AM
I would love to think Torres flopped after leaving us but winning the Champions league, Uefa cup and fa cup says otherwise. Tores has never been the player he was in his first season with us but he's a winner.

Bulld0g
8th August, 2013, 08:36 AM
www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-total-lack-respect-2138379

Liverpool's Rodgers on THAT Luis Suarez interview: I'll take decisive action - there's been total disrespect of the club

Reds' angry manager denies promising wantaway striker a transfer as chairman Henry insists he'll NEVER sell him to Arsenal.

Luis Suarez has been banished to the Liverpool FC wilderness for what his furious boss Brendan Rodgers has branded ?a total lack of respect?, writes David Maddock in Oslo.

The disgraced striker will be forced to train on his own after his astonishing outburst - cynically designed to engineer a move away from Liverpool - provoked the wrath of his manager and the club?s owners.

Feelings are running so high at the Anfield giants that it is understood chairman John Henry has vowed ?never to sell Suarez to Arsenal?.

The South American has accused Rodgers of ?lying?, but the Reds manager insisted he is so angry not because of the personal attack, but because Suarez has shown so little respect to the club and to his team-mates, both with his comments and with his attitude.

And now, even though Arsenal, who have controversially offered ?40m plus one pound, will be told to forget any prospect of a deal after the saga's latest twist, the only way the controversial striker will play for Liverpool again is if he makes a public apology.

?I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely. There has been total disrespect of the club - this is a lack of respect of a club that has given him everything. Absolutely everything,? Rodgers insisted after a friendly win over Valerenga here in Norway.
?There were no promises made - categorically none - and no promises broken. Obviously, the remarks I?ve read, it is bitterly disappointing - but my job is bigger than that. My job is to fight and protect the club.

?We have a standard at Liverpool and I will fight for my life to retain it. The Liverpool Way is all about being committed to the cause and fighting for the shirt. It?s also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club. And it?s about unity.

?If anyone steps outside of those values then I have to deal with it.?

The Reds boss believes his controversial forward has now forfeited the right to train with the first team after showing such disdain for the squad, and such an apparent indifference to the needs of his team-mates.

There has been real anger within the squad in recent days, largely because of the unsettling effect the whole situation has had on the build up to the season, and the way Suarez has acted in training and even in pre-season matches.

The player hardly helped himself with his team-mates when he failed to show for Steven Gerrard?s testimonial dinner, and Rodgers explained that the Uruguayan will now have to show remorse to the rest of the players to find a way back.

?Is there a way back? We first of all need to assess where it?s at at this moment things have been said that are derogatory against the football club and his team-mates and the supporters,? he added.
?There?s a few bridges to cross before that can happen (play for LFC again). It?s about the respect, that?s the only thing we look for. This is one of the most iconic football clubs in the world, you can?t disrespect it.

?That?s something I will ensure before anything happens in the future. That bridge will need to be crossed.?

Henry and his fellow owner Tom Werner have backed Rodgers? stance to the hilt, and privately they have indicated they are furious with the player... and determined to stop him forcing a move to Arsenal.

Liverpool are supremely confident there is no clause in his contract allowing him to leave - a view corroborated by PFA chief Gordon Taylor on Wednesday - and if Suarez is to be sold, then it will have to be to another club.

Rodgers though, insisted he has no need to sell, despite the player?s comments:

?The reality is we don?t want to sell Luis Suarez, it?s as simple as that. He is important for what we are trying to do. There have been a couple of offers but no promises broken - that?s the reality.

?I don?t believe there is a clause in his contract that says he can leave for any sort of price.

?I will deal with it.

?We can understand if he wants to play in the Champions League - but that doesn?t mean we?ve broken any promise.

?What we are trying to do now is get the correct value for a player, but we know we don?t have to sell him.?

Rodgers also dismissed suggestions Barcelona have made a bid for defender Daniel Agger, and the club insisted there have been no offers for the Dane from any team.

Bulld0g
8th August, 2013, 05:42 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/bp8ex_xciaaa0z7.png

gc1966
8th August, 2013, 07:32 PM
I think he may have misunderstood the talk due to the language barrier,same as how he misunderstood that being openly racist to another player is considered bad form,i think Rodgers needs to clarify that he said championship football to him not champions league,and why he is at it possibly explain that if he carries on the way he is there will be no invite to the end of liverpools season party,generally held in november

zee24
8th August, 2013, 07:41 PM
If a player wants to leave then you sell them. What is Rodgers and the Liverpool management trying to prove holding on to Suarez. Sell him already. He doesn't want to be on the team anymore. The only thing i would like to see is he being sold abroad. The 40 or 50 mil Liverpool can get i'm sure they can sign another striker as long as it's not Bent.

It's not about not selling him it's about not strengthening one of their main rivals for top 4, if a reasonable bid comes in from abroad he will be off.

koppit
8th August, 2013, 07:52 PM

perhaps there's a principle at stake. hmmm yes there is

koppit
8th August, 2013, 07:55 PM
no mate, i finish for two weeks in the sun. still bored with the suarez thing

maca
8th August, 2013, 08:17 PM

maca
8th August, 2013, 08:19 PM
I think he may have misunderstood the talk due to the language barrier,same as how he misunderstood that being openly racist to another player is considered bad form,i think Rodgers needs to clarify that he said championship football to him not champions league,and why he is at it possibly explain that if he carries on the way he is there will be no invite to the end of liverpools season party,generally held in november

Shouldnt you be in here supporting your team http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/manchester-united-thread-355/

zee24
8th August, 2013, 10:12 PM
Luis Su?rez is going nowhere, says Liverpool's owner John W Henry

Move to Arsenal would be 'ludicrous', owner adds

It is too late in the day for a deal, says Henry

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/08/luis-suarez-liverpool-john-w-henry (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/08/luis-suarez-liverpool-john-w-henry)

zee24
9th August, 2013, 12:52 AM
John W Henry has laid down the law lol

gc1966
9th August, 2013, 02:47 PM
Shouldnt you be in here supporting your team http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/manchester-united-thread-355/

this is becoming quite tiresome now,try applying some of that famous scouse humour,not every supporter of every other club hates man u,just the envious ones.

maca
9th August, 2013, 04:03 PM
I did it was a joke but never mind .

koppit
9th August, 2013, 04:09 PM
this is becoming quite tiresome now,try applying some of that famous scouse humour,not every supporter of every other club hates man u,just the envious ones.

watch any game they play in and you'll find everyone hates them. if moyes bombs their own "fans" will too

gc1966
9th August, 2013, 06:16 PM
watch any game they play in and you'll find everyone hates them. if moyes bombs their own "fans" will too

i must be the exception to the rule then,but then I have no fear of them superceding us,they did that years ago,

gc1966
9th August, 2013, 06:16 PM
I did it was a joke but never mind .

was it??? that was about as funny as an arrow in the back