PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

twatty
22nd October, 2009, 07:22 PM
NEWSFLASH Liverpools nxt Champions League match has been moved to the Gay Adult Channel,Apparently 11 arseholes getting hammered is to explicit for Sky Sports

Bulld0g
22nd October, 2009, 07:25 PM
NEWSFLASH Liverpools nxt Champions League match has been moved to the Gay Adult Channel,Apparently 11 arseholes getting hammered is to explicit for Sky Sports

You got the right name there m8. and i got that text tuesday night of blues and tonight off reds saying it was Everton's games. Seeing as they are as i type getting tw@d by Benfica 4-0 with 25 minutes left lol

twatty
22nd October, 2009, 07:51 PM
lol wrong section mutual with the name

Marty Keane
23rd October, 2009, 06:49 AM
Lucas can't pass to a red shirt? Remembered posting this a while ago, just dugg it up. His pass rates were better than those of gerrard and everyother player in the team.

It's shocking how much of a scapegoat Lucas is made out of.

Yeah, he is a pretty shit footballer but he's not the one losing you games. Rafa's mind boggling tactics, playing with 2 holding midfielders against teams parking the bus won't win you games which after last season you should know.

Glen Johnson, brilliant going forward but as he's proved when playing for England, he simply can not defend.

Not to mention the fact that if you take out Gerrard and Torres, that is a really average side. Couple of good players but the majority are embarrassing.

Hopefully Rafa will stay and continue to ruin Liverpool but the Yanks get blamed for it.

dctyper
23rd October, 2009, 08:33 AM
cant be that shit if he is going to the world cup?

Marty Keane
23rd October, 2009, 02:27 PM

Since you're in the middle of predicting stuff why not share with us who will the tournament?

opsmonkey
23rd October, 2009, 04:26 PM

great argument.. shall we sign some players from North Korea then, or maybe Honduras as players from these countries are also going to be in the World Cup

dctyper
23rd October, 2009, 04:46 PM
you guys are soooo negetive, you need some fun in your lives lol

maca
25th October, 2009, 06:24 PM

who's the arse hole now twatty....

opsmonkey
25th October, 2009, 06:34 PM
now that's how we should play every week.. that should keep the mancs away for a few days.. let them ~~~~ off and lick their wounds.. twatted from the first whistle until the last..

i got into a verbal spat with Gary Neville and Patrice Evra.. i ~~~~in love it when the mancs come to town and they get bossed for 95 minutes

milkybarkid
25th October, 2009, 06:47 PM
i hold my hand up well done torres f c the only good thing to come out of today for us mancs is that raffa might keep his job.
NO TITLE CHALLENGE THERE THEN. well done anyway dont get carried away tho one of these days utd might actually turn up.:manuscarf:

Bulld0g
25th October, 2009, 06:50 PM
Yea until that day stay under your stone eh lol

alker ranger
25th October, 2009, 07:03 PM
Well done Liverpool worthy winners, as a utd fan ithought we were sh*t and didnt deserve anything from the game

milkybarkid
25th October, 2009, 07:04 PM
on the other hand if i were a liverpool supporter i would be slightly worried that we have a game in october that could end are season.so i wouldnt be shouting to loud coz we all no one swallow doesnt make a summer. enjoy because it wont last long with that team and management. you beet us twice last year but who won the league. i dont grudge ye a bit of happiness coz in all fairness you dont get much to shout about these days(thank god and sir alex).:manuscarf:

maca
25th October, 2009, 07:05 PM
Well done Liverpool worthy winners, as a utd fan ithought we were sh*t and didnt deserve anything from the game
well done m8 ..maca..

Bulld0g
25th October, 2009, 07:06 PM
on the other hand if i were a liverpool supporter i would be slightly worried that we have a game in october that could end are season.so i wouldnt be shouting to loud coz we all no one swallow doesnt make a summer. enjoy because it wont last long with that team and management. you beet us twice last year but who won the league. i dont grudge ye a bit of happiness coz in all fairness you dont get much to shout about these days(thank god and sir alex).:manuscarf:

5 Times lol

milkybarkid
25th October, 2009, 07:14 PM
i am certain its not going to be six this year!!! all history it wont be six for along long time. to quote a phrase come back wen uv got 19. well done anyway the best team won.:manuscarf:

twatty
25th October, 2009, 07:18 PM
Well done liverpool

opsmonkey
25th October, 2009, 07:43 PM
Mr Magoo and his chemical toilet can say what they like, they didn't even turn up today..

Bulld0g
25th October, 2009, 07:46 PM
i am certain its not going to be six this year!!! all history it wont be six for along long time. to quote a phrase come back wen uv got 19. well done anyway the best team won.:manuscarf:
As certain as you were going to win today ? lol

dctyper
26th October, 2009, 09:25 AM
nice to see you guys not being so bloody negetive lol. it was the same team as last week you know!!

wongers
26th October, 2009, 08:17 PM
whatever TGF im not getting into a pissing contest about where you used to sit in the ground.. Good luck with the job search.. by the way the Kop is full of day trippers from out of town

ops you dont half spout some drivel at times i'v stood (and now sit)in the kop for thirty six years now and everybody round me is a scouser, by the way if you don't actually come from liverpool aren't you allowed to go to games? where do you sit mate are you in one of the other stands critiscising the kop for not getting behind the team while sitting on your hands

dennyboy
26th October, 2009, 09:19 PM
yes i agree that liverpool are the best team on the day against any one team they can just turn it on with the top teams and as for chelsea we will see just hope they beat the gooners tomorrow thats a good result if they do.:trytofly:

koppit
28th October, 2009, 07:00 PM
having been unable to get near to the pc due to the kids it was good to get back in the chair and see whats been happening. no surprise to see the debate (lol) about the club,owners,manager and squad. yes its true the squad isnt good enough and the owners are tw@ts. however its worth remembering that the club has failed over many years to capitalize on the brand putting the top players out of our reach and g+hs debt dont help. also rick parrys f*cked up running of the club should be taken into account. on benitez, hes not the first and wont be the last to get it wrong but he inherited a lot of dead wood on good contracts who it took a long time to shift coupled with a limited budget that was only going to mean a choice of lesser players.you only have to look at some of the players ushited have had since fergy took over to see no one gets it right all the time. it took them 25 years to regain the top. if they can do it so can we.

wongers
28th October, 2009, 08:02 PM
koppit spot on mate i wish other people would take the time to realize that its not all benitez fault and there have been mitigating circumstances i think you've hit the nail on the head mate

dctyper
28th October, 2009, 08:12 PM
im looking forward to seeing "the prince" play tonight, i know hes on the bench but hey ho

cowplain35
29th October, 2009, 05:54 AM
YouTube - Liverpool 2 Man United 0 - Hitler goes mad! lol

dctyper
29th October, 2009, 09:09 AM
thought we were a little unlucky last night. both teams played well. wenger played 4-5 young guys. i think rafa played his 3rd tear (accept 3) so not that bad really
ive really taken to ngog. thinking he is turning out to be quite good

boomer39
29th October, 2009, 11:22 AM
yep,was quite happy with display if not the result,wish aqualari had come a lot earlier. he seems to have "something"

dctyper
29th October, 2009, 01:06 PM
he is good, uf only that overhead went in..............

hideous.ape
29th October, 2009, 01:20 PM
That would have been the fairytale debut though:)

That pass out to Degen said it all for me...the lad picked the pass out instantly then hit it perfectly weighted and pinpoint accuracy. Its the sort of attacking forward passing from midfield that Lucas and Masch simply don't have and are not really expected to have.

Can't wait to see the damage this lad will cause when fully fit and with Torres / Gerrard on the park:)

Also here's Jan Molby's lost belter against United: YouTube - Jan Molby THAT GOAL

boomer39
30th October, 2009, 05:45 PM
That would have been the fairytale debut though:)

That pass out to Degen said it all for me...the lad picked the pass out instantly then hit it perfectly weighted and pinpoint accuracy. Its the sort of attacking forward passing from midfield that Lucas and Masch simply don't have and are not really expected to have.

Can't wait to see the damage this lad will cause when fully fit and with Torres / Gerrard on the park:)

Also here's Jan Molby's lost belter against United: YouTube - Jan Molby THAT GOAL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAcO_TpndUo)
saw it on lfc tv the other night...awesome. john barnes?forget it....

Bulld0g
30th October, 2009, 06:38 PM
I used to love big Jan. What a player :)

dctyper
30th October, 2009, 06:52 PM
That pass out to Degen said it all for me...the lad picked the pass out instantly then hit it perfectly weighted and pinpoint accuracy.[/url]

he does that with both feet aswell mmmmmmmmm

opsmonkey
31st October, 2009, 06:02 PM
what a joke.. i fail to understand how you can take off Torres at 1-1 and leave on jokers like Kuyt.. Great stop by Kuyt to set up Fulhams second.. Carragher is a liability, he should have walked last sunday and thinks its ok to do it again.. Deggen, Voronin & Kyrgiakos STARTERS..?? Brings on Eccleston & Ayala, takes of Benayoun again when he's the best source of attacking play..

Benitez has turned us into the Utd of the 80's.. so long as we beat our biggest rivals twice a season its good enough

Bulld0g
31st October, 2009, 07:34 PM
Normal service has been resumed :(

milkybarkid
31st October, 2009, 08:20 PM
united of the 80s? come on lads we used to win the fa cup every other year as well as finishing runners up in the league always top 5 you lot will be lucky to avoid relegation. I bet last sunday seems along time ago. by the way that fat fella in the towel ye were critising earlier in the thread just scored a f888888 peach.:manuscarf:

dctyper
31st October, 2009, 08:24 PM
i cant wait to see motd, i think im gonna cry when i watch it. stupid team :(

opsmonkey
31st October, 2009, 11:37 PM
united of the 80s? come on lads we used to win the fa cup every other year

err no you didn't you won it twice in the 80's

as well as finishing runners up in the league

always top 5

err.. once again.. WRONG.. you were fighting relegation in 86.. and since when has 11th twice in a row and 8th qualified as runners up or top 5

you lot will be lucky to avoid relegation.

we are fifth.. hardly relegation material

I bet last sunday seems along time ago.

No it doesn't, it will do for you though as you were totally outplayed

by the way that fat fella in the towel ye were critising earlier in the thread just scored a f888888 peach.

Shame he fails to do it on the big stages for you

Any more rubbish you want shooting down in flames just ask

rapscallion
31st October, 2009, 11:54 PM
So it appears the knives are out once again for the pervasively criticised Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez.
As if it wasn't annoying enough that national media sources seem intent on creating an ill-informed ideology about the Spanish manager; more and more of his own supporters look to be jumping on the bandwagon aswell.
Despite picking up exactly the same amount of points Manchester United did at this stage last year, it would seem "supporters" just cant be arsed to wait for all 38 games to be played anymore, before deciding that the title is over.
I never realised football was such a predictable sport and was so black and white.
Rafa's transfer history with Liverpool is the current stick of choice to beat the manager with, and once again the usual misleading headlines and unbalanced articles are saturating every football based website.
Not to mention forums heaving with the alarming views of some Liverpool supporters who are worryingly reveling in the negativity and outright lies that are being written about the manager.
Simply because they want Benitez out of the club.
Now this is not an article to claim Benitez is the best manager in the history of football when it comes to transfers. It is certainly not definitive. It is just a collection of details that will be added to over time, that many seem to forget or leave out of their articles or debates.
All i'm trying to do is present a slightly more balanced version of his transfer history with Liverpool; compared to the laughable one-sided rubbish spouted by experts and lauded by insanse supporters, too lazy to do a bit of research for themselves.
Statistics can easily disprove many of the myths that surround the Liverpool manager.
Here are a few of them. Feel free to twist them to suit your own reality.

?20million+ (1)
Still Here: (1)
1st team: Torres

?15-20million: (4)
Still Here: (3)
1st team: Mascherano, Aquilani, Johnson
Sold On: (1)
1st team: Keane

?10-15million: (2)
Still Here: (1)
1st team: Babel
1st team: Alonso

?5-10million: (12)
Still Here: (7)
1st team: Agger, Skrtel, Reira, Kuyt, Lucas, Reina, Dossena,
Sold on: (5)
1st team: Garcia, Morientes, Crouch, Bellamy, Pennant

?2-5million: (4)
Still Here: (2)
1st team: Benayoun, Cavalieri
Sold On: (2)
1st team: Sissoko, Arbeloa

?0-2million (21)
Still Here: (10)
1st Team: Kygriakos, Itandje
Reserve: Insua, Ngog, El Zhar, Kelly, Martin, Palsson, Cooper, Saric,
Sold On: (11)
1st team: Josemi, Nunez, Carson, Gonzalez, Kromkamp, Paletta
Reserve: Barragan, Hobbs, Idrizaj, Ajdarevic, Leto

Free Transfer: (24)
Still Here: (16)
1st Team: Voronin, Aurelio, Degan,
Reserve: Plessis, Sanchez-Ayala, Hansen, Gulacsi, Amoo, Dalla Valle, Flora, Mendy, Weijl, Buchtmann, Poloskei (loan), Bruna, Mihaylov
Sold On: (8)
1st Team: Pellegrino, Fowler, Zenden
Reserve: Roque, Anderson (swap), Padelli (loan), Antwi, Crowther,

Unknown/Undisclosed: (9)
Still Here: (8)
Reserve: Bouzanis, San Jose Dominguez, Duran, Pacheco, Mavinga, Kackanaklic, Brouwer, Simon,
Reserve: Huth

Players signed by Rafa: 77
1st Team Players: 37
Reserve Players: 40
Players still at the club: 48
1st Team Players: 19
Reserve Players: 29

At this point it's interesting to note that many claim Benitez has sold 66 players since his time at Anfield and "most of them have been at a loss", and "this proves he is useless in the transfer market".
Rafa may have sold 66 players, but of that figure, only 29 have been players Benitez has signed himself, and sold at a profit of around ?25million. But that "reality" doesn't make for a very sensational headline, now does it?

Players sold on by Rafa: 66
Players signed by another manager and sold by Rafa: 37
Players bought and sold by Rafa: 29

Profit: ?37.6 million
1st Team Players: (9)
Alonso +20.0, Carson +5.4, Crouch +4.0, Sissoko +2.6, Gonzalez +1.5, Bellamy +1.5, Leto +1.2, Arbeloa +0.9, Nunez +0.5
Reserve Players: (2)
Barragan +0.4, Anderson +0.25

Loss: ?12.5 million
1st Team Players: (3)
Pennant -7.0, Morientes -3.0, Garcia -2.5,
Reserve Players: (0)

Even: (13) - ?0.000
1st Team Players: (7)
Fowler, Zenden, Pellegrino, Paletta, Josemi (swapped for) Kromkamp, Keane(with contract triggers taking effect)
Reserve Players: (6)
Idrizaj, Ajdarevic, Roque, Padelli (loan), Antwi, Crowther

Unknown: (2)
Reserve Players:
Hobbs, Huth

rapscallion
31st October, 2009, 11:55 PM
Media Myths: Rafa Benitez and His Transfer History With Liverpool Football Club

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0003/9037/n1509638191_2517_small.jpg (http://bleacherreport.com/users/40042-Jamie-Ward) by Jamie Ward (http://bleacherreport.com/users/40042-Jamie-Ward) http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0003/9037/n1509638191_2517_profile_page.jpg (http://bleacherreport.com/users/40042-Jamie-Ward) Jamie Ward (http://bleacherreport.com/users/40042-Jamie-Ward)

Columnist
116 articles written
1556 comments written
83 fans
View Profile (http://bleacherreport.com/users/40042-Jamie-Ward)
Send a Message (http://bleacherreport.com/inbox/sent/new?user_id=40042)

Columnist Written on March 27, 2009

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0269/7220/40042_feature.jpg (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)
Myth: "fable, fiction, lie; a widespread but untrue or erroneous story or belief."
There appears to be a trend growing amongst media outlets, ?expert? pundits, and rival supporters who strive to ensure a negative air surrounds Liverpool Football Club and more commonly its manager, Rafa Benitez.
It seems he can do no right in the eyes of some people?his own supporters included?and more false claims appear every week that serve only to derail him from his quest of rebuilding Liverpool Football Club.
As more and more newspapers churn out sensational headline after headline and "expert" television pundits spout opinion as fact; the more people are brainwashed by these stories and the further from reality a situation will get.
Many lazy debaters claim their opinion to be a pragmatic truth whilst they simply recycle misleading newspaper propaganda as their own knowledge or belief.
Biased supporters who choose to jump on the slander bandwagon when it involves a rival team are common place, and this only adds to the ever-growing ideology of a story perceived as fact.

Ideology: ?a system that derives ideas exclusively from sensation or a set of ideas proposed by the dominant group of a society to all members of this society.?
?Organizations that strive for power will try to influence the ideology of a society to become closer to what they want it to be. Organizations and other groups (e.g. Media Outlets) try to influence people by broadcasting their opinions.?
One such myth which seems to have appeared recently has been the same tired line about Rafa Benitez and his transfers since his time at Liverpool.
You will hear people claiming things like:
?A larger proportion of Rafa's signings have been expensive and poor.?
This does of course depend on how a person interprets the words expensive and poor?the latter obviously being down to their personal opinion of a player.
If someone wants to use the barometer of anything over a million pounds to be expensive and any player other than Messi or Ronaldo is considered poor; then anyone will struggle to argue against that logic?me included.
We can easily address the ?expensive? part of this particular argument:
(Numbers in brackets are players still at the club)

?20+ million: 1 (1)
Torres
?15-20 million: 2 (1)
Mascherano, Keane
?10-15 million: 2 (2)
Babel, Alonso
?5-10 million: 14 (9)
Dossenna, Riera, Agger, Skrtel, Reina,Benayoun,Leiva, Kuyt, Pennant, Crouch, Bellamy, Sissoko, Morientes, Garcia
?0-5 million: 47 (36)
Degan, Cavelieri, Ngog, Plessis, Insua, Leto, Itandje, Voronin, Arbeloa, El Zhar, Aurelio, Palletta, Fowler, Kromkamp, Barragan, Nunez, Zenden, Gonzalez, Carson, Pellegrino, Josemi, Martin, Antwi, Hobbs, Miki Roque, Gulacsi, Padelli, Anderson, Poloskei, Crowther, Hansen, Saric, Ayala, Weijl, Blanco, Flora, Mendy, Ajdarevic, Simon, Bouzanis, Nemeth, Pacheco, Palsson, Brouwer, Dur?n, Huth, Dom?nguez.

It is easy to see that the majority of Rafa?s signings have been below the ?10 million mark and nothing like the fabrication that he has bought mostly ?expensive? signings. It is also interesting to note that a large proportion are teenagers bought for the future of the club and may not be on alot of people's radars.
With 49 of his 66 signings still at the club, it means the selling on fee cannot yet be properly forecast and it is near impossible to fully determine if the original fee paid for each player is expensive.

Here are some more comments and claims made about Rafael Benitez:
?He has bought 53 players for ?190 million and sold 56 for ?108 million, clearly a loss of ?82 million proves he doesn?t have a clue in the transfer market.?
I think the easiest way to explain this would be to just show you a full rundown of Rafael Benitez? signings since he joined Liverpool in June 2004:

Players bought in by Benitez: 66
Players still at the club: 49
First Team: 18
Alonso, Reina, Agger, Aur?lio, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Lucas, Torres, Itandje, Benayoun, Babel, Skrtel, Degen, Dossena, Cavalieri, Ngog, Riera.
Reserve Team: 22
El Zhar, Ins?a, Palsson, Brouwer, Dur?n, Huth, Dom?nguez, Pacheco, Nemeth, Plessis, Hansen, Saric, Ayala, Weijl, Blanco, Flora, Mendy, Ajdarevic, Simon, Bouzanis, Crowther, Poloskei
Out on Loan: 9
Andriy Voronin, Jermaine Pennant, Sebastian Leto, David Martin, Godwin Antwi, Jack Hobbs, Miki Roque, Peter Gulacsi, Paul Anderson

A figure of 49 players bought by Rafa are still playing for the club with the majority (29) bought as youth players for the reserve team?with the idea for future revenue if they perform to their potential. It will also save the club a great deal of money if they turn out to be superstars worth a large transfer fee.
From that 49 figure, there are 18 still playing for the first team and contributing to the clubs success on a very large scale?with the majority of them being priced by many as a greater figure than when the players were initially bought by Rafa.
From the nine players out on loan, only two are established players with the other seven being young reserve players gaining experience at other clubs?with the hope of either returning to Liverpool?s first team or making a profit to invest in future transfers, a policy utilised by many big clubs.

Players Sold On by Benitez: 56
Players Bought by Other Managers and Sold on by Benitez: 39
Players Bought and Sold on by Rafa Benitez: 17

For me, this is the key point from which poorly informed debaters? opinions collapse. Most propaganda articles or rival supporters will wildly claim that Rafa has sold "56" players and made little money in return.
They claim the ?majority? of the "56" players the Liverpool manager has sold on have been at a loss and ?proves? his failings in the transfer market. This is such a misleading statement to make that I really don?t know how people can still get away with it, let alone acctually believe it.
For starters, Benitez has sold 39 players bought by other Liverpool managers.
Benitez cannot be held accountable for selling a player at a loss when; Benitez was not the one who identified the player as a target in the first place; sanctioned the over-inflated transfer fee when the player was first purchased.
You can only really judge him on the players he has bought and sold since he has been at the club and this brings the true figure down to just 17 players.

Profit: 7
Carson +2.25, Barragan +0.43, Sissoko +2.6, Crouch +4.0, Gonzalez +2.0, Bellamy +1.5, Nunez +0.5
Loss: 6
Garcia -2.0, Morientes -3.3, Palletta -0.8, Josemi (swapped for) Kromkamp -0.25, Idrizaj -0.19, Keane -3.0 (could be even less depending on contract triggers)
Even: 4
Pellegrino, Zenden, Fowler, Padelli (all four players were brought in and moved on for a free transfer)

So the true extent of Rafa?s failings in the transfer market is just six players from 17, coming with a loss of just under ?10 million within four and a half years?the most expensive loss being just ?3.3 million; nothing like the losses achieved by other established Premier League managers who manage to avoid the media abuse storm.
Hopefully that is one media myth that's now been eradicated

milkybarkid
1st November, 2009, 01:17 AM
well said i for 1 hope raffa stays at anfield for the next ten years!!!!!!:manuscarf:

nders
1st November, 2009, 02:22 AM
agreed. Benitez "ownage" lol. rostermonster

thered
1st November, 2009, 12:21 PM
united of the 80s? come on lads we used to win the fa cup every other year as well as finishing runners up in the league always top 5 you lot will be lucky to avoid relegation. I bet last sunday seems along time ago. by the way that fat fella in the towel ye were critising earlier in the thread just scored a f888888 peach.:manuscarf:

when was that m8 i remember winning the fa cup twice and finishing second twice but every other year not a chance i remember finishing bottom half in the league twice and we lost the league cup final once

on our day under ron atkinson we were a very good side but were very inconsistent with a team full of pi55heads and at no time did we challenge seriously for the title apart from when we won our first 10 games on the bounce in 1985 only to finish the second half of the season with relegation form

boomer39
1st November, 2009, 05:41 PM
well said i for 1 hope raffa stays at anfield for the next ten years!!!!!!:manuscarf:
just a note, it took rafa 3 seasons to reach 2 champs league finals. how long did it take taggert???

dctyper
1st November, 2009, 06:03 PM
why dont the united fans go to there own, not so popular thread

thered
1st November, 2009, 07:48 PM
why dont the united fans go to there own, not so popular thread

cos its ~~~~ing boring lol we dont have as much too moan about as you lot

dctyper
1st November, 2009, 07:57 PM
your right, united are boring lol

koppit
4th November, 2009, 05:36 PM
good to see a bit of reasoned debate back on the board, well said rapscallion, couldnt have put it better meself but i might have used fewer words. hope the fingers have recovered. it would do us all to remember m u had at least four managers before old red nose and he was one game from the p45 in 88. sadly ?20mil doesnt go far these days, if rafa had bought one top player a season we would still be as far away as we are now and the disgruntled would still be calling for his head. the owners need to dig deep and invest in two or three top signings before its to late and our few good players get p8888d off and leave.

dctyper
4th November, 2009, 05:57 PM
your right mate. there is a massive gap at the mo

koppit
4th November, 2009, 06:23 PM
the money ronaldo went for will only make thing worse. every time the transfer record goes up every one elses value follows.on a different tack, its strange its strange how rafa Houllier and roy evans all got close and then went pop

koppit
4th November, 2009, 06:25 PM
united boring?? not just me then

happyal
4th November, 2009, 08:47 PM
Look on the brightside, you could be Leeds fans:fisheye:

hideous.ape
4th November, 2009, 09:10 PM
At least Leeds always try to play football!!!

To find out why many lifelong Liverpool fans look on in dismay and utter boredom at our team these days:

1) Count the number of times Carra and Agger lookup see no midfield and launch it 50 yards. Giving away possession.

2) Count the number of times the ball goes back to Reina and he has no option but to hoof it. Again no midfield looking for the ball.

3) Count the number of passes Liverpool put together compared to Lyon.

We are almost like a better quality Wimbledon with a better striker and a bigger fan base:(

dctyper
4th November, 2009, 09:34 PM
wtf are you jibbering on about ape?

i think we are playing great. except voronin! benayoun should be in his position and babel on the left.

Bulld0g
4th November, 2009, 09:36 PM
Agree m8. We're doing everything except what we have to do.Score. Veronin is useless. Wheres me boots.

hideous.ape
4th November, 2009, 09:37 PM
We started to play a bit in the final 20mins of the first half...before that it was back to front missles up to Torres. When I posted we were pretty awful.

Bulld0g
4th November, 2009, 09:38 PM
Are you watching the same game ? Liverpool have bossed it from the kick off. Just not putting the chances away.

hideous.ape
4th November, 2009, 09:42 PM
I tend to judge Liverpool against the Liverpool sides I have watched over 30 years...probably too harshly:)

Voronin wouldn't have been accepted to carry the water bottles 20 years ago!

Bulld0g
4th November, 2009, 09:45 PM
I agree he is shit. But It's about Liverpool now, not yesterday, m8,

opsmonkey
4th November, 2009, 10:57 PM
we may have bossed it but in a must win game 4 chances is not enough..

Torres - should have burried it on the edge of the 6
Kuyt - Unlucky to be tipped over
Voronin - Useless gypsy, my 5 year old son could have finished it
Babel - Goal

some of the passing and control was awful.. Kuyt has the touch of a ten yard pass, Voronin is a joke full stop..

For a must win game a large number of players didn't seem up for it.. massive lack of passion.. but it doesnt matter they can still pick their ?60k+ up on Friday..

We didnt win because we made very few chances and the ones we did were ballooned..

Worked hard.. ran lots.. end product.. NOTHING - AGAIN..

A 1-0 win wasnt enough.. it needed to be a 2-0 (or two clear goals) to put the group in our hands..

For a game that had to be won by two clear goals to put us in charge of our own destiny, that display was garbage

Bulld0g
4th November, 2009, 11:08 PM
I just thought we were unlucky. They had one chance and scored because of piss poor defending by us. If it wasn't for the defending of the goal, we would have won and been three points behind both Fiorentina and Lyon .

opsmonkey
4th November, 2009, 11:52 PM
the result was so bad in a night which offered a few plus points..

i'm no lucas fan and i think he typifies the level of player we have at the moment, but he had a good solid game with Mascherano, who showed a lot of class..

I just dont know why we have to stick with this 4-4-1-1 all the time.. we have no plan b when it doesn't work.. Ngog has been playing well off his goal against Man Utd, he would have offered a lot more as a second striker for Torres than Voronin offered in the 'Gerrard' role..

That Kyrgiakos is garbage, my mate told me that the minute we signed him and he's a Rangers fan..

Martin Kelly was MOM the last time we played these, why didn't he get a look in tonight..??

For me the following have to go..

Lucas
Kuyt
Riera
Voronin
Dossena
Kyrgiakos
Babel

They need to be replaced by QUALITY.. not someone of the same vein..

For me i think we are out.. Fiorentina will rip Lyon apart in 3 weeks

thered
5th November, 2009, 09:32 AM
got to admit i watched a bit of your game yesterday and i hate myself sometimes because i flicked it on to see how you were getting on it was 0-0 i thought ~~~~in great i will watch these go out

then quick as a flash ~~~~in babel scored so i was sick as ~~~~ and turned it off it always seems to happen to me every ~~~~ing time i flick the tv on to watch you lot get beat you score almost straight away i am your lucky omen i shud of learnt by now never ever switch the tv on till its finished it wasnt gerrard who won you the fa cup against west ham or the champions league final it was me turning on the tv im ~~~~ing jinxed it happens everytime

anyway rambling now it was a nice surprise to see they had equalized when i looked at the scores l8r its not looking good lads :party:

btw on a serious note if you dont qualify for the second stage and city nick your fourth spot at the end of the season will you go bust lol

and before you all start calling me remember you need me i am more important than gerrad,torres and benitez i control your destiny with my remote contol lol

gazz10
5th November, 2009, 10:28 AM
Rafa goes on about FACTS

Fulham
Aston Villa
Chelsea
Tottenham
Sunderland

F.A.C.T.S wot a genius Rafa is

digicon
5th November, 2009, 11:41 AM
on a plus note i thought insua played far better than the last 2-3 games still got a lot to learn though, Agger should have floored lisandro and risked the red card.

Voronin should never have been let back in the side full stop a waste of space and not fit to wear the shirt.

boomer39
5th November, 2009, 05:48 PM
I tend to judge Liverpool against the Liverpool sides I have watched over 30 years...probably too harshly:)

Voronin wouldn't have been accepted to carry the water bottles 20 years ago!
pity you never watched them in the 2nd division. you would have a totally different attitude to success!

spondulick
6th November, 2009, 12:32 AM
king kenny studio pundit for espn tonite must be weighing up opposition for the pool in europa cup.lol.

^^TommyTee
6th November, 2009, 02:10 AM
Its not over until the FAT Lady sings

on a serious note you need Lyon too beat Fiorentina and too win your

remaing 2 games yes .... i feel youv,e got a job on there

but dont worry you can get full use of your tv licence you can watch us

instead ;)

dctyper
6th November, 2009, 09:27 AM
i just dont get voronin, how can he be a fantastic player everywhere else but be crap when he comes to us?? i do think babel should se more pitch time. rafa needs to sort it out.

opsmonkey
6th November, 2009, 02:51 PM
but dont worry you can get full use of your tv licence you can watch us

instead ;)

i know i can't remember the last time you went out in the group stages...........

oh yeah i can now.. it was the year we went and won it ;)

flexy79
7th November, 2009, 05:56 AM
I hope that is a good sign................but realistically we are going out for sure this time.

dctyper
7th November, 2009, 10:50 AM
I hope that is a good sign................but realistically we are going out for sure this time.

what sort of 1st post is that!! where is the faith lol welcome ,matey :)

Bulld0g
7th November, 2009, 10:53 AM
i know i can't remember the last time you went out in the group stages...........

oh yeah i can now.. it was the year we went and won it ;)

EDIT wrong post oops ;)

davetherave27
7th November, 2009, 11:21 AM
liverpool are the ticket were going to win the lot with torres

davetherave27
7th November, 2009, 11:22 AM
hell yeah bring it on

opsmonkey
9th November, 2009, 09:57 PM
Jesus, i cant believe that.. i know the old addage is that you make your own luck.. but FFS.. the team coach must have ran over a few black cats on the way to the ground.. No way we should be 1-2 down at HT

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/shocked.png

Scarface
9th November, 2009, 10:00 PM
Some goal from Jerome tho!!!!

opsmonkey
9th November, 2009, 10:01 PM
that it was.. pepe caught way off his line..

boomer39
10th November, 2009, 12:35 AM
do any lfc fans recall an inside left called john mccloughlan, think i've got that right.? shanks played him for months and months. was only a youngster but was garbage. dont know what ever became of him, but he reminds me of lucas... rafa must think the world of him.. but shanks had his favourite as well and he did ok...

dctyper
10th November, 2009, 12:41 AM
lucas has been quite good last few games. ngog is deffo worthy of a 1st team place

opsmonkey
10th November, 2009, 01:14 AM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/past_players/players/mclaughlin/images/profile.jpg

John McLaughlin is the player Bill Shankly once famously declared to Bob Paisley, "We've created a monster!"

McLaughlin was a highly-rated youngster who started as an Apprentice at Anfield before signing professional terms on his 17th birthday in February 1969.

McLaughlin was a skinny figure of a player and Shankly insisted he had steaks for pre-match meals to build his weight up, hence the classic "We've created a monster!" quote.

Shankly eased the midfielder into the First Division scene by picking him for the final game of the 1969-70 season, a 2-1 defeat at Chelsea. At the start of the 1970-71 season McLaughlin became a regular in midfield and started the season well with a couple of goals in a 4-0 Anfield victory over Huddersfield Town. He then lost his place in the team after a 1-0 defeat at Wolves

The emergence of Brian Hall and the arrival of Peter Cormack the following campaign made it increasingly difficult for John to break back into the first-team and it was no surprise when he was allowed to leave Anfield to have a loan spell with Portsmouth.

However, John only made five League appearances for Pompey before drifting away to the non-league scene.

thanks to

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/past_players/players/mclaughlin/

lfc4life
10th November, 2009, 08:15 AM
POOR CRAP TERRIBLE CHEAT for a player useless injured foriegn in the shit!!!! out of the title race and of the champs league, did i miss anything?

wongers
13th November, 2009, 08:17 PM
its been reported that eintrhact frankfurt are considering a bid for andrie voronin i hope to god its true! could we all chip in and buy the useless tosser a plane ticket (one way)to frankfurt or start an on line petition supporting the germans bid:laugh:

Bulld0g
13th November, 2009, 08:26 PM
do any lfc fans recall an inside left called john mccloughlan, think i've got that right.? shanks played him for months and months. was only a youngster but was garbage. dont know what ever became of him, but he reminds me of lucas... rafa must think the world of him.. but shanks had his favourite as well and he did ok...

I remember him m8 ;) Reminds me of an old question. Name 5 players played for Liverpool and the sock robbers with the same name but different people. I've started you with one ;)

hideous.ape
14th November, 2009, 12:23 AM
its been reported that eintrhact frankfurt are considering a bid for andrie voronin i hope to god its true! could we all chip in and buy the useless tosser a plane ticket (one way)to frankfurt or start an on line petition supporting the germans bid:laugh:

We really have had some top quality shite at Anfield since the Premier League started...Voronin is another to add to the list.

Don't let the Traore hit you on way out son:)

opsmonkey
14th November, 2009, 12:33 AM
unfortunately i'd go so far as saying that a constant 70% of our squad has been top draw shite since 1992

hiroshimapc1
17th November, 2009, 10:25 AM
liverpol je v pasti letos se stoho asi nespamatuje

dizzy
17th November, 2009, 10:33 AM
Champions league winner Djimi Traore :)

Sean Dundee anyone...

boomer39
17th November, 2009, 12:20 PM
Champions league winner Djimi Traore :)

Sean Dundee anyone...
yep, can still that big long leg which kept AC at bay in the last few minutes in istanbul. but thats about all really. as for "dundee" would have been better off with "crocodile"
loads more junk but then again, so have most sides...

camelv
17th November, 2009, 02:04 PM
Rafael Benitez: I can walk through Anfield storm | Liverpool - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6919462.ece)

dctyper
17th November, 2009, 02:55 PM
more negetivity :( why dont you support another team or become a manager yourselves lol

in his 1st 5 seasons rafa has done well, the team is good. all teams have their donkeys, why moan about it.

IT ONLY A GAME LOL

camelv
17th November, 2009, 04:12 PM
more negetivity :( why dont you support another team or become a manager yourselves lol

in his 1st 5 seasons rafa has done well, the team is good. all teams have their donkeys, why moan about it.

IT ONLY A GAME LOL

if you read right through the peice m8 you will see that it is a positive thread about rafa ,who i still support 100%

Bulld0g
17th November, 2009, 06:23 PM
IT ONLY A GAME LOL
Me and Shanks disagree with you there m8 ;)

dizzy
17th November, 2009, 06:25 PM
And the manlove of grown straight men induced by Rafas signing of Torres is as entertaining as the football. The last time I was at Anfield the football was good, but Torres was talked about in terms usually reserved for the ladies of FHM, Zoo and the like. Even God didn't get that.

shellbob
17th November, 2009, 08:53 PM
Martin oneil would be better on the bench,AS MANAGER.:devil:

dizzy
18th November, 2009, 06:33 PM
Talking of shit players, anyone remember Kvarme?

boomer39
18th November, 2009, 10:49 PM
Talking of shit players, anyone remember Kvarme?
still trying to forget him...............

boomer39
18th November, 2009, 10:55 PM
still trying to forget him...............
heres another one of of souness's great buys... istvan kosma..awesome!!!

dizzy
19th November, 2009, 03:09 PM
Shit man, I forgot about him. No one ever mentions him. I'm stealing him from you for my footy forum.

Cheers

:o

opsmonkey
21st November, 2009, 03:48 PM
if anyone tells me Lucas is good or half decent then they should be shot.. January he should go.. cant pass, cant tackle, likes to give away needless freekicks then cant even score a header from 6 yards when completely unmarked.. tosser

boomer39
21st November, 2009, 06:03 PM
if anyone tells me Lucas is good or half decent then they should be shot.. January he should go.. cant pass, cant tackle, likes to give away needless freekicks then cant even score a header from 6 yards when completely unmarked.. tosser
totally agree, he was "AWE some"...one else in disguise.... cant see why rafa did not bring Aquilani on after 5 mins.. even that would be too late....

camelv
23rd November, 2009, 11:40 AM
some really good opinions on this site
Liverpool-Kop (http://www.liverpool-kop.com/)

lfc4life
24th November, 2009, 10:35 AM
BBC Sport - Football - Exit not disastrous - Carragher (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8375625.stm)

dizzy
24th November, 2009, 11:58 PM
Mmm Jamie Kanwar, Duncan Oldham. Aren't some LFC forums great....

swindle
25th November, 2009, 12:18 AM
terrible performance and no champs league cant be good.

maca
25th November, 2009, 12:20 AM
we dont deserve to go through only got our selves to blame and time fat benny left......

apd
25th November, 2009, 05:37 AM
Does the kopites slide coincide with with Parry leaving?

lfc4life
25th November, 2009, 10:15 AM

Thats a good point....... But there said that parry had been holding the club back. ON too bigger issues a club of our size shouldnt be draggin there knuckles like he is because any other top club in the premiership would have shown there manager the door. I understand and proud we won the champs league when he first come too the club but we have won not much since. And the yanks surely have too go ! AND no new stadium and no more progress. this imo and dont shoot it down thanks :guns:

sam

jfish
25th November, 2009, 12:22 PM
we dont deserve to go through only got our selves to blame and time fat benny left......

LFC cant afford to sack him, he signed a 5 year contract over summer and to sack him now and pay the compensation would eat into the finances and at the moment LFC dont have the money for this.

Manic01
25th November, 2009, 12:30 PM
I've been given 2 tickets to liverpools end of season bash, but unfortunately I'm busy this Saturday and can't make it, does anyone on here want them?

hideous.ape
25th November, 2009, 12:43 PM
- Manager -
We've a manager we can't really afford to sack or replace in the near future. If Rafa was sacked this season our choice would be between Peter Reid, Steve Staunton and that guy who sweared a lot on that football TV show.

- Owners -
We have owners who can't even afford to keep the club stationary, never mind push it forward. As an entire club, top to bottom, we are on the slide. If we miss out on a top four place this season and this rubbish was to continue next season then we will be stuck outside the top four until new owners and a lot of money takes over.

- Top Four this season -
Rafa is certain we will finish in the top four...did he win the Euro Millions and in January plans on buying Villa, Silva, Five quality squad players and a defence!!!

lewshanks
25th November, 2009, 02:48 PM

Personally think its more to do with paco leaving myself .

wongers
25th November, 2009, 08:20 PM
here we go again we go out of a competition and its mass hysteria on this forum .no we havent been playing well by liverpools standards and some players are not good enough to be regulars in the side but there only there because the top players have been injured ,judge the team at the end of the season not now, i just wonder if some of you who are quick to come on here with your negativity, are as quick to put your hands in your pockets and go the game and REALLY support the team never forget were all in this together !its up to us to get behind the team and support it ,were all hurting at the moment and until the owners put there hands in there pockets and give the manager (wether its benitez or someone else) some proper money its going to stay like this and before you give me he's spent 20 million on aquilani we've actually put 5 million down and the rest is add ons, we got 30 million for alonso on the day he signed for r.madrid and 22.5 million went to service the loan in the same week THATS the reality of the situation but you dont read things like that in the national press do you?

Bulld0g
25th November, 2009, 08:57 PM
here we go again we go out of a competition and its mass hysteria on this forum .no we havent been playing well by liverpools standards and some players are not good enough to be regulars in the side but there only there because the top players have been injured ,judge the team at the end of the season not now, i just wonder if some of you who are quick to come on here with your negativity, are as quick to put your hands in your pockets and go the game and REALLY support the team never forget were all in this together !its up to us to get behind the team and support it ,were all hurting at the moment and until the owners put there hands in there pockets and give the manager (wether its benitez or someone else) some proper money its going to stay like this and before you give me he's spent 20 million on aquilani we've actually put 5 million down and the rest is add ons, we got 30 million for alonso on the day he signed for r.madrid and 22.5 million went to service the loan in the same week THATS the reality of the situation but you dont read things like that in the national press do you?

What exactly are Liverpools standards these days ? Kuyt, Veronin, Lucas, Ngog, Dossena, and Babel to name a few. Thats Liverpools reality today not that of the past great squads. This is my opinion and it's that of a season ticket holder of more than 25 years and of a paying fan for 40.

The trouble is Souness ~~~~ed this club up and we've never really truly recovered. Yes we've won trophies but not the one we want more than anything. When i say we, i mean us the fans, regardless of wether you go the game or not. That is the difference between us and the manager and owners.
As long as we have foreigners at the helm, the League is of no great importance.As long as we finish in the top Four then we qualify for the Champions League. When we're in the champs league it gives the foreign manager a chance to win the biggest trophy (in his eyes ) there is. It also generates more money for the owners. So wether we finish first or fourth we still qualify for the next seasons champs league.
Look at the gambling the manager has done in the past. Resting players for crucial League games because there was a European game looming. We nearly came unstuck with his gambling, being beaten into 4th place by Everton.
As far as Aqualini goes, why did we sign him ? We could have waited till January to sign him. It will be thereabouts before we get the chance to see if he's good enough. He played him for 30 seconds of the Three minutes time added on. What was all that about ?
The fans know how the Yanks are ~~~~ing our club up so they vent their anger on them and leave Benitez alone.
Look at our squad, it's piss poor. Theres no strength in depth from Goalkeeper to Striker. Theres no future stars coming through the academy and most of his signings are shite. He wanted control of everything and he got it. So why isn't he producing ?

We havent been any nearer winning the league under him than we have under any other manager. I don't see us ever winning the League under him and the sad thing is, like i said i dont think him nor the owners really care if we ever do as long as we qualify for the Champions League.

wongers
25th November, 2009, 11:15 PM
bulldog i respect your opinions because i know you like me go the game but when you shop in woolies thats the standard of player you get he's only had full control since the start of the season so how can he produce in that time he had a deal in place for aaron ramsey at 1.5m down and the rest in add ons up to 5m. but rick the pr*ck delayed for so long arsenal came in with the full 5m. and stole him thats only one instance and your right mate the owners don't give a ~~~~ if we win anything as long as they have a global brand which we are at the moment
when he signed aquilani he was told he would be out for 5 weeks unfortunately that was'nt the case ,dont get me wrong he has made mistakes but most of the time he's had to buy second tier players because we havent got the money to buy world class look at man u. and chelsea's bench's theyve got 10 m. plus players sitting on them and 20 m. plus players on the pitch we've got 2 20m. players and 2 17m. players a lot of money to me and you but in football terms its not! until we can rectify the situation were always gonna be like this, it just does my head in when you get people coming on here so ready to criticise with out looking at the wider picture if you get a new manager in were are they going to get the money from to buy new players because we havent got any is that the fault of the present of the present manager?of course its not.man city spent 140m. in the summer did they look any better than us on saturday?no. but you can bet they'll be spending big in january and the summer we wont!

dctyper
25th November, 2009, 11:54 PM
just posted this in another thread

well technically if liverpool win by 7 goals and lyon loose, lfc go through

1 Fiorentina 5 4 0 1 6 12
2 Lyon 5 3 1 1 5 10
3 Liverpool 5 2 1 2 -1 7
4 Debreceni Vasutas Sport Club 5 0 0 5 -10 0

wse would go through on goal difference surely????

clutching at straws

Bulld0g
26th November, 2009, 12:00 AM
No m8, its kex for us :( we're out.

Bulld0g
26th November, 2009, 12:13 AM
@Wongers i know where your coming from m8, but he has had lots of money to spend and he just can't buy decent players capable of challenging for a first team place. There are one or two exceptions but as a whole, his dealings in the market with the money he has had, is not good enough.Would you seriously give him countless more millions to spend on mediocre players.
I've asked this question countless times and i will as again. If money was no object and any player would sign for you, how many of the current squad bought by Benitez would you buy. Names on the back of a stamp please

boomer39
26th November, 2009, 12:55 AM
great to see some realistic criticism. lets see what happens in may. at present, we have as much chance of finishing 4th, as the dung have of being top!!!!realise we are in bit of a bad spell, but heard a comment from a so called football fan, that david moyes is in line to take over from taggart next season. think i would sooner have john barnes!!!!
lets face it, we have had a bad spell of injuries, worst for years. so cant expect proper consistency. the defence has been pretty poor by and large, but the big miss here,for me has been big sammi, sadly missed..midfield is my next concern. ok, we lost xabi, but for me, mash and lucas should be able to replace him.. well maybe lucas could relace his studs!! never like to criticise any of our managers but surely even rafa must have his doubts about "matt".. last night was a joke.. aquilani spent 30 secs on the pitch!! he must start at goodison on sunday!!! given some decent service, n'gog will score goals. him and nando could be awesome, but that will have to wait,i think till next season! anyway.. bed time.

satman
26th November, 2009, 12:58 AM
to cheer you liverpool fans up :) HERE (http://www.lfc-endofseasonparty.com/)

^^TommyTee
26th November, 2009, 03:34 AM
to cheer you liverpool fans up :) HERE (http://www.lfc-endofseasonparty.com/)

lol roflmao

long live M.U.F.C One Love :manuscarf:

Breaking News: North West Regional Ambulance Service

Reports are coming in that there has been a massive in-flux of emergency calls after LFC were knocked out of the Europe

Kebab Shops & Taxis did a roaring trade.

King Kenny where are you now?

firestorm
26th November, 2009, 06:19 AM
we can allway rember last years one sided champions league final to cheer us up.

dctyper
26th November, 2009, 10:11 AM
well Ruud van Nistelrooy may be joining us in jan...chin up then

thered
26th November, 2009, 10:25 AM
well Ruud van Nistelrooy may be joining us in jan...chin up then

that will be nice we went places when we got rid lol

boomer39
26th November, 2009, 11:07 AM
I've been given 2 tickets to liverpools end of season bash, but unfortunately I'm busy this Saturday and can't make it, does anyone on here want them?
so are you working on sunday? cos thats when we play!!!!

Barnsey
26th November, 2009, 12:45 PM
Any of you fans got a line to Rafa? Tell him that C Cole is rubbish, you don't want to sign him - we need him!!

boomer39
26th November, 2009, 05:45 PM
Any of you fans got a line to Rafa? Tell him that C Cole is rubbish, you don't want to sign him - we need him!!
anyone called cole is useless.....

dctyper
26th November, 2009, 09:10 PM
that will be nice we went places when we got rid lol

did you? he was your best loss lol

wongers
26th November, 2009, 09:45 PM
lol roflmao

long live M.U.F.C One Love :manuscarf:

Breaking News: North West Regional Ambulance Service

Reports are coming in that there has been a massive in-flux of emergency calls after LFC were knocked out of the Europe

Kebab Shops & Taxis did a roaring trade.

King Kenny where are you now?

you weren't dancing with glee a few weeks back when we smacked your arse at anfield if we get nothing else out of this season remembering the look on taggarts face after that game will keep us warm this winter,dont forget theres still a long way to go in this season and i'm sure man ure will give us reds things to smile about as we go along,by the way don't your fans realize that games last for 90 mins even when your getting beat the stands were empty again last night at 75 mins we may not be as good as you on the pitch but off it you can't hold a candle to us .:)

^^TommyTee
26th November, 2009, 10:35 PM
you weren't dancing with glee a few weeks back when we smacked your arse at anfield if we get nothing else out of this season remembering the look on taggarts face after that game will keep us warm this winter,dont forget theres still a long way to go in this season and i'm sure man ure will give us reds things to smile about as we go along,by the way don't your fans realize that games last for 90 mins even when your getting beat the stands were empty again last night at 75 mins we may not be as good as you on the pitch but off it you can't hold a candle to us .:)

the fact is your out deal with it

ups and downs are what make the game so exciting

as they say it,s not over until the fat lady sings

"if we get nothing else out of this season remembering the look on taggarts face after that game will keep us warm this winter"

this will bring a smile too my face when man city beat you too 4th place

keep on smiling :manuscarf:

wongers
27th November, 2009, 08:14 PM
its dealt with mate we were out the moment lyon scored the winner in france! man city to beat us to 4th place:rolleyes:not on the evidence of last week, here's to the next 5 months "bring it on"

opsmonkey
29th November, 2009, 05:58 PM
3 points is 3 points.. Played shite for 80% of the match.. ~~~~ knows where Gerrard was, he wasn't in midfield thats for sure..

I wont gloat as we did play awful, shows how bad they truely are.. Hopefully that's the last derby at the wooden shack for a long time

Bulld0g
29th November, 2009, 06:01 PM
3 points is 3 points.. Played shite for 80% of the match.. ~~~~ knows where Gerrard was, he wasn't in midfield thats for sure..

I wont gloat as we did play awful, shows how bad they truely are.. Hopefully that's the last derby at the wooden shack for a long time
Yea shite performance an shite game.Still 2- 0 is not bad for a shite days work lol

dctyper
29th November, 2009, 06:19 PM
i thought everton played well, but we defended good today, especially at set peices

gerrard should not be playing, he doesnt look himself

maca
29th November, 2009, 06:21 PM
thought mascherano played well again probably our best player today..

Bulld0g
29th November, 2009, 06:23 PM
i thought everton played well, but we defended good today, especially at set peices

gerrard should not be playing, he doesnt look himself

Gerrard didn't look fit m8 an thought our defending was woeful. Piss poor, but as i said 2-0 ;)

opsmonkey
29th November, 2009, 06:42 PM
Pepe was our best player today IMHO.. Saved us when we really needed it.. The defence is still woeful, set pieces were badly closed down, corners and free kicks nearly led to 4 blue goals

Bulld0g
29th November, 2009, 06:43 PM
Yea thought Reina was magnificent today

opsmonkey
29th November, 2009, 06:48 PM
The official site makes me laugh.. 4 people voted for Aurelio as MOTM.. :rofl:

Bulld0g
29th November, 2009, 07:01 PM
Did he actually play lol anno he was namd but ......lol

opsmonkey
5th December, 2009, 06:00 PM
another great performance.. Rafa Benitez, a byword for mediocrity..

Aquilani, fit and on the bench but lacking in match practice..
Brings on El Zhar.. ?21.4m for a seat warmer.. well done Rafa, another tactical masterstroke

lfc4life
5th December, 2009, 06:53 PM
606: DEBATE
Boring, unattractive football, second class players, a squad not capable of making a Championship side. Well done Rafa, you really are the messiah. Stinks of Houllier all over again -
gurdevlfc

this guy got in right :)

wongers
9th December, 2009, 07:50 PM
well i'm off to the game now might get to see the invisible man tonight i don't know how the ~~~~ he's gonna be able to run with all that bubble wrap on him seriousley i just hope we can put a performance in i know its to late now i just want to see a decent game instead of the sh**e we've had to put up with

lfc4life
11th December, 2009, 08:37 PM
well done jurgen -
BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez hits back at his critics (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8408904.stm)

lfc4life
13th December, 2009, 07:13 PM
RAFA theres the door over there walk thru it dont come ~~~~ing back........
:wink:

boomer39
13th December, 2009, 07:17 PM
RAFA theres the door over there walk thru it dont come ~~~~ing back........
:wink:
yep but can he take a few more with him?? benny, lucas, masc, aurelio.. also a certain fat sammy.............

jimbo84
13th December, 2009, 07:19 PM
wot was the score?

lfc4life
13th December, 2009, 07:20 PM
there went one nil up and got beat 2-1 and didnt have a shot on target the 2nd half ffs

opsmonkey
13th December, 2009, 07:37 PM
i dont get this..

If we sack Rafa we have to pay him ?18m..

Who the ~~~~ comes up with these contracts..

"Ok then Mr Benitez.. If you fail in your primary task to win games and trophies we'll sack you then give you your remaining wages.. Happy..?"

"S? se?or, for sure"

lfc4life
13th December, 2009, 08:01 PM
how much further can we fall? and there teams confidence must ~~~~in nothing :(

Bulld0g
13th December, 2009, 08:07 PM
If they have no confidence it's down to the ~~~~in players themselves, no one else. We bossed the game first half and deserved to go in 1-0 up Second half it looked like we decided to sit on the lead. They scored Two goals in what ? 15 minutes. We didn't have a plan b.Arsenal weren't even that good. Thats what scares me,when an average side can come back from behind and beat us at home.

opsmonkey
13th December, 2009, 08:17 PM
looks like the half time team talk was sit back and let them attack then hit them on the break..

just the sort of top advice tactics employed this season..

milkybarkid
13th December, 2009, 08:52 PM
its not going to cost a penny to get rid of raffa!
he said on tv three weeks ago if torres goes i go well thats all sorted then!!!!
long live raffa him and john terry are tops.
RED:devil:

Bulld0g
13th December, 2009, 08:53 PM
Ah so you have inside infromation that Torres is leaving do you ?

shellbob
13th December, 2009, 09:00 PM
For Liverpool to get back to the side they once were Raffa has to go a more negative manager with a big club would be hard to find:rolleyes:

milkybarkid
13th December, 2009, 09:00 PM
no need for inside info just common sense two birds with one stone and all that plus a badly needed few quid for the yanks as a brucie bonus. he will make a fairly good replacement for park i say.
RED:devil:

Bulld0g
13th December, 2009, 09:19 PM
lol in your dreams m8

lewshanks
13th December, 2009, 09:52 PM
what the **** ...i give up now

wongers
14th December, 2009, 08:13 PM
yep but can he take a few more with him?? benny, lucas, masc, aurelio.. also a certain fat sammy.............

thats half the team and the management gone then were do we go from their then you t*t if your going to post at least talk sense you and i (and others) will have to accept that we are not the team and( dare i say it) the club we once were we have been left behind by others in the top 4 simply because we've been mismanaged since the early 90's and until we rectify that situation we will continue to be left behind

hideous.ape
14th December, 2009, 08:59 PM
LFC is in a tricky situation if the season continues like this until May. We could end the season around the 60 points or less mark...that will not be good enough for CL.

Without a massive cash injection or new rich owners our squad will actually get weaker in the coming seasons. Without CL football next year we will not attract the players needed to challenge for anything. Who will replace Gerrard, Torres, Masch, Carra, etc. Our current Youth team got a footballing lesson from Arsenal last year...some of Arsenals Youth players are better than some of our first team players!

Not even the Arabs are interested in the club anymore. The club could simply end up as the Villa, Man City and Spurs of the 90's. The quality of football is really poor so without results I can't see fans going week in, week out to watch the muck we have seen so far this season.

Is the above going to happen...well it can easily be prevented starting on Wednesday night by beating Wigan, then beating Portsmouth and then beating Wolves. If we can't get at least 6 points from these three games then I'm afraid its adios to seeing LFC in the top four until a major overhaul at the club.

Bulld0g
14th December, 2009, 09:06 PM
. If we can't get at least 6 points from these three games then I'm afraid its adios to seeing LFC in the top four until a major overhaul at the club.

Puts in in a nutshell really doesn't it ? If we can't take 6 points from teams like that. We should be able to put a reserve team out against those teams and take all 9 points. Thats how low even the fans expectations are dropping to.

dctyper
14th December, 2009, 09:31 PM
omg, negetivity....again. its only december!! jeeze

Bulld0g
14th December, 2009, 09:33 PM

So cheer me up with a positive or two then. Oh yea we've got the mickey mouse cup and the F.A cup left. Whoop de ~~~~in doo

hideous.ape
14th December, 2009, 10:42 PM

Pardon my negativity but as has been said I also just can't seem to get myself hyped up for the Tin Pot Cup and the Eur-a-no-hoper League!

The Carling Cup is now a reserve league cup which means the FA Cup is now at the same status as the Carling Cup a few years ago.

I hate to break it to you but the club is financially dead in the water right now, appears totally rudderless from the top down and after 16 PL games...yes that does say 16 games we have 24 points from a possible 48! And thats only because we won a few games in a row after a poor start.

We have been playing poorly since July 15th...I watched all of our pre-season and we carried that same form into the PL.

dctyper
14th December, 2009, 11:53 PM
go and support luton town then! lol

you cant win em all :)

(no offence to luton town)

TheGodfather
15th December, 2009, 04:49 PM
Walk on, Walk on, With hope in your heart!

wongers
15th December, 2009, 08:24 PM
So cheer me up with a positive or two then. Oh yea we've got the mickey mouse cup and the F.A cup left. Whoop de ~~~~in doo

Bulldog if we win one of those cups lol you would be over the moon mate (i know you would) we've just got to keep going and see were we end up i know it seems like its the end right now but lets wait and see its got that bad there was fighting on the kop on sunday

Bulld0g
15th December, 2009, 08:41 PM
Bulldog if we win one of those cups lol you would be over the moon mate (i know you would) we've just got to keep going and see were we end up i know it seems like its the end right now but lets wait and see its got that bad there was fighting on the kop on sunday

Yes i would m8, but it's not the one we want is it. I have a moan but red till dead thats me. I would watch them in the sunday league if they dropped there. You can't help loving someone can you ;) Was there fighting m8 ? i never seen anything. I'm in row 55 left side as you look onto the pitch. It doesn't surprise me TBH m8. Some people are more tolerant than others.

I remember 1996 semi against PSG in Paris. We got beat 3-0 first leg and i remember Ruddock and co. sitting on the halfway line about an hour before the game in tracksuits and talking on maobile phones.I commented then that the useless fat ~~~~ wasn't up for it and neither were one or two others judging by their priorities. After the game the players came over to us applauding, and some of the lads were shouting a few home truths. Needless to say other fans reacted and fisticuffs ensued ;) Spoilt a good 2 day piss up TBH.

We should all stick together m8 but the reality is, Benitez has his supporters, the majority of them back him because of the assassination job done by the yanks on our club. The minority (like me) see the bigger picture and know he is never going to bring the holy grail back to it's rightful home.

I have said before and i'll say again. Two foreign owners and a foreign manager is not a good recipe. The champs league is all that matters to these people. Qualify and you have a chance of winning and bringing a lot of money and commercialism to the club for the owners. Win it and you've won the biggest prize there is for a manager. The trouble for us m8 is , you don't need to be champions to be in it. Second, third or even fourth is good enough for the manager and owners to have a bite at it.

lfc4life
15th December, 2009, 09:46 PM
BBC Sport - Football - Former Liverpool star Alan A'Court dies (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8414497.stm)

Bulld0g
15th December, 2009, 09:50 PM
BBC Sport - Football - Former Liverpool star Alan A'Court dies (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8414497.stm)

Before my time but i'm well aware of the man and his status and his record with the reds . RIP Alan.

opsmonkey
16th December, 2009, 11:06 PM
Unconvincing again..
Benitez happy to nick a goal then issue sit back orders.
Kuyt couldn?t score in a brothel, decides to take off Ngog and bring on Torres..
FFS play them together.. One up front at home is a joke.
Brings off Aur?lio who has passed well all night and brings on Lucas the useless twat..
Brings on Aquilanii with enough time for him to have 4 touches.
Woeful defending leaves another non clean sheet..
Players look tired and fed up with this crappy way of playing,
Gerrad doesn?t look interested at all, he knows its December and we are playing for nothing..

Very very stale.. stinks of Houllier's last months

maca
16th December, 2009, 11:25 PM
agreed m8 but the way things are going right now i'll take a shity 2.1 win anytime..

opsmonkey
17th December, 2009, 12:46 AM
you're right mate, buts its very depressing

boomer39
17th December, 2009, 05:56 PM
thats half the team and the management gone then were do we go from their then you t*t if your going to post at least talk sense you and i (and others) will have to accept that we are not the team and( dare i say it) the club we once were we have been left behind by others in the top 4 simply because we've been mismanaged since the early 90's and until we rectify that situation we will continue to be left behind
well why do you think i said what i said, wont call you what you called me,but if you think those players are good enough to pull us out of the dooda,then you are badly mistaken. fat sammy was useless at bolton, so whats changed.. if he doesnt know our mentality then what chance have the rest of the coaching squad got? we've had some good young kids come thro' the reserves, where are they now??? look at the reserves/youth teams full of good potential, but how many will make it? ask rafa and fat sammy.we may as well play them instead of the so called superstars in the 1st team, 3 or 4 players excepted. never call any lfc boss, but things have gone wrong dramatically this season. i dont know why but surely rafa does. and you cant blame injuries to 1 or 2 key players. unless you count aquilani!!!

wongers
17th December, 2009, 08:51 PM
were are the promising kids we've had if there not playing for any of the other top prem sides then they obviousley werent good enough were they, if you sacked the manager his assistant and four of the first team as you suggest were would that leave us four decent players NOT world class players down how would you replace them go and spend 100 million to do it:stupid:well we havent got that have we if you read my post you will see my opinion on why we are were we are and its not going to change any time soon so you better get used to it, you could bring any manager in the world in but while we've got carpet baggers owning the club we'll stay the way we are seasons greetings to you my friend and lets PRAY (jamie carragher is)for a happier new year

boomer39
17th December, 2009, 11:08 PM
just to name one... jack hobbs... but we bought kyryakos or whatever his name is for a few million, good deal?... big sami was only offered a year contract but we replaced him with kyriakos... good deal?? albert rierra, ryan babbel, philip degan...great players...dont think so..not even good in my eyes. apparently, alonso wanted to leave because rafa wanted to bring in gareth barry. paper talk?? dont know. but if rafa or any of our staff think barry is a liverpool player, i give up!!! england international??? as jim royal would say..."my a##e"

opsmonkey
18th December, 2009, 03:59 PM
When Houiller left we were stocked high with top draw shite.. All Benitez has done is sold shite to buy shite, bar a few exceptions..

wongers
18th December, 2009, 04:27 PM
just to name one... jack hobbs... but we bought kyryakos or whatever his name is for a few million, good deal?... big sami was only offered a year contract but we replaced him with kyriakos... good deal?? albert rierra, ryan babbel, philip degan...great players...dont think so..not even good in my eyes. apparently, alonso wanted to leave because rafa wanted to bring in gareth barry. paper talk?? dont know. but if rafa or any of our staff think barry is a liverpool player, i give up!!! england international??? as jim royal would say..."my a##e"

jack hobbs who is he playing for now is he in the prem. no my point exactly we bought kyriakos because we couldnt afford anybody else we were after micheal turner from hull but were quoted 8 mil. and couldnt afford it so ended up with kyriakos turnerthen went to sunderland does that mean we cant compete with them in the transfer market it looks like it to me we got philip degan on a free because we had no money to buy anybody else you've got a point with rierra he's not good enough, ryan babbel has got all the skill in the world but his attitude stinks ,but if you had watched him play for ajax and then in the euro under 21 tournament the year we bought him you would have thought we were getting a future world star thats down to him. i'm not defending benitez because he has made some terrible mistakes but as i'v stated in my other posts if you shop in woolies thats the standard of player you get ,are record signing is 20 mil. man. ure. and chelski have players sitting on their bench that cost that and players over 25 mil. plus playing thats what your competing with and until we can we'll stay were we are

boomer39
18th December, 2009, 10:28 PM
do take your point about our finances, but how much have arsenal spent over the years? cant think of many big buys by them, but they've not done too badly, league wise have they?
would sooner have a few kids playing than some of our so called stars!! how many of the 1st team squad have ever played in the reserves? aquilani could/should have played for them but think he only played once. this gives him match practice and the kids someone older to gain experience from..

lfc4life
19th December, 2009, 02:29 AM
Jamie Carragher: why I said no to my country for second time | Liverpool - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6961116.ece)

lfc4life
19th December, 2009, 01:56 PM
well done JAMIE CARRAGHER 600th appearance today :)

shellbob
19th December, 2009, 02:04 PM
Where have all the premier league teams youth academies gone,Liverpool etc. always brought young players through and always had a good input of players from NI,ROI,Scotland I think the so called big teams need to get back to that not only for finincial reasons but also our own international teams improvement.

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 02:41 PM
watching the game now, that was never a red card.

just for the record, i dont think its rfa's fault. why is it there is only one player in the team putting his body on the line for the team? last season all 11 done it. the players have lost their heart.

opsmonkey
19th December, 2009, 02:46 PM
the players have lost the heart through having to play useless systems that dont work, the stubborn twat wont change it, even when its obvious that it needs it..
It was a clear red, studs up over the ball no attempt to play the ball just the man, born out of frustration..

I put the full blame at Benitez, shite like Dossenna and Kuyt on the pitch..

That useless dutch spanner couldnt hit a cows arse witha banjo..

We're playing a team that is rock bottom and out of ideas and look at us
Win, loose or draw that spanish twat needs sacking in the morning..

apd
19th December, 2009, 03:40 PM
I have a inkling that Liverpools "title challenge" is over.

opsmonkey
19th December, 2009, 03:43 PM
it was over in September..

If he's still in the job Monday its a joke.. Schooled by the bottom side..

Who the **** starts matches with 8 defensive players which prevents us from attacking the bottom team in England..?

Fat spanish ****.. thats who..

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 03:46 PM
the players have lost the heart through having to play useless systems that dont work, the stubborn twat wont change it, even when its obvious that it needs it..
It was a clear red, studs up over the ball no attempt to play the ball just the man, born out of frustration..

I put the full blame at Benitez, shite like Dossenna and Kuyt on the pitch..

That useless dutch spanner couldnt hit a cows arse witha banjo..

We're playing a team that is rock bottom and out of ideas and look at us
Win, loose or draw that spanish twat needs sacking in the morning..

your opinion hasnt changed since this thread started, we played poorly. the system obvously does work, because he has the medals to proove it. change the record man. we just havent played that well, thats all

and as for the title challenge, it ended at the loss to chelsea

maca
19th December, 2009, 03:53 PM
your opinion hasnt changed since this thread started, we played poorly. the system obvously does work, because he has the medals to proove it. change the record man. we just havent played that well, thats all

so are you happy with the way things are ?. were a piss poor excuse for a football club right now.....

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 03:54 PM
no, im not saying im happy, but least were not bottom eh? we dont have the right to demand a win everytime. thats the problem with the chaps on this thread. they think we do!

maca
19th December, 2009, 04:00 PM
no, im not saying im happy, but least were not bottom eh? we dont have the right to demand a win everytime. thats the problem with the chaps on this thread. they think we do!
and so they should ffs when you pay for your ticket your not going to the game thinking dont mind if we loose today..

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 04:05 PM
there is a difference between demanding wins and being positive thats all. being negetive brings negetivity and visa versa.

Bulld0g
19th December, 2009, 04:09 PM
Totally agree. Ngog and Babel on the bench, 2-0 down abd he brings on Speaing. ****in clueless. He doesn't know how to change tactics. Like for like all the time. He doesn't know how to change a formation.

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 04:11 PM
i agree there he is very one dimentional. but it has worked for years, maybe the premiere league has evolved and he hasnt?

Bulld0g
19th December, 2009, 04:12 PM

At least were not bottom ???? WTF does that mean ? Your happy with where we are ?

maca
19th December, 2009, 04:13 PM
sack the coont, then again we aint got the money to do that.....

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 04:18 PM
At least were not bottom ???? WTF does that mean ? Your happy with where we are ?

no im not, did i say i was? im trying to be positive, unlike this thread.

oh and rafa!

dc

lfc4life
19th December, 2009, 05:38 PM
WELL HERE IS A POSTIVE.... MAN YOO GETTING BEAT 3 NIL BY FULHAM lol

opsmonkey
19th December, 2009, 06:45 PM

get real.. 2 trophies in 5 years.. great manager.. threw away the title last year when it was there to be won.. take off your rafa tinted spectacles.. its about time you lot stopped living off Istanbul..

He is out of his depth in this league with a club like ours

Every manager tells their teams to go out and win. But if the players can see that the manager has lost it, they simply won't listen. The fact that Carragher and Gerrard looked quiet, and off form, is IMHO a good sign that they don't believe in Benitez's tactics anymore than many people on here do.

I think there's 95% chance that he's lost the dressing room, and if that's the case, we're screwed. And I'm afraid that that will be down to the manager; a combination of bewildering tactics and poor man-management.

You may want to take a look at the post below from one of the L'pool forums.. it sums up exactly what is wrong with this club and it could have been written just for you

its muppet's like you, that keep this man in a job, you people think you speak for all liverpool fans but the majority want him out!

been listening to a program when they were talking about us fans saying how all liverpool supporters are behind him 100 % (pish)

you have a go at people when they have a pop at lucas and say they look for scapegoats which is hypocritical of you. You use the yanks.. in the same boat rafa has had funds all except this summer and whats he done with it?

7m on dossena, 18m of johnson (good player but we should of bought a striker or right midfielder) sign aquilani and still hasn't got a full 90mins!

5 years of rafa going on 6 and still no natural right winger?
sold crouch got rid of keane who cost (20m) with no other striker.. if hes willing to take these gambles why not take these gambles on the pitch?

i mean get rid of that stupid 4-5-1 and go all out attack.. isn't 4 in 15 prior to this game enough evidence not to use this formation

we should be exploiting there weakness not the other way round, he focuses more on stopping the opposition play than letting us go about our own game! and its killing us

rafa should be making the best out of a bad situation and take a leaf out of hodson and pulises book, even o'neil.. all 3 don't have large sums of money at there disposal but they make full use of there players!
pacheco would be starting for either of these teams by now rather then sitting away in the reserves

no point though because people will still defend rafa week and week out! even if were in the coca cola

both parties out!

we have now played a game more than but level on points with birmingham, 2 points behind city with a game in hand.. 8 more points behind villa.. 7th in the table.. sinking in yet?

do you understand that no champions league football will spell the end for this football club?

some rafalution

apd
19th December, 2009, 08:27 PM
it was over in September..

If he's still in the job Monday its a joke.. Schooled by the bottom side..

Who the **** starts matches with 8 defensive players which prevents us from attacking the bottom team in England..?

Fat spanish ****.. thats who..

He'll still be there for the foreseeable mate.

I hope not though I've just emailed father crimbo asking him to sort Mark Hughes to save your season

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 11:04 PM
ops, im not protecting the guy, i love the club, but being negetive doesnt help, thats my point

opsmonkey
19th December, 2009, 11:07 PM
i beg to differ mate.. look at Gerrard and Carragher.. the poor twats are dejected having to play this toss week in week out..

Getting rid now would lift the negativity around the club.. bringing someone in like Daglish as a stop gap until the end of the season would lift spirits.. a new manager breathes new life in.. look at Pompey today

this team under benitez wony have the confidence or spirit to go on the run needed to scrape 4th..

boomer39
19th December, 2009, 11:12 PM
Where have all the premier league teams youth academies gone,Liverpool etc. always brought young players through and always had a good input of players from NI,ROI,Scotland I think the so called big teams need to get back to that not only for finincial reasons but also our own international teams improvement.
know what you mean, but i dont give a sod about england, ireland, scotland or wales... lfc is and always will be my main priority.............

opsmonkey
19th December, 2009, 11:17 PM
main difference mate between those from Liverpool and those who support the club..

I used to live in Wycombe for a year and if we weren't playing until a sunday i'd go watch Wycombe Wanderers.. i went to loads of games, it was great to see them win but if they lost it wouldnt bother me as Wycombe wasn't my home / blood, but the local lads, it hurt them..

England, Scotland, Ireland & Wales can go swivel.. I'm scouse not English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh

apd
19th December, 2009, 11:29 PM
we r not as far behind as alot of people think... a couple of attack minded full backs ie the likes of alves would be nice and someone for torres .... would like to c saviola (bin around for ages but still v young)
this season if u take the top 3 ... chelski lead at anfield dodgey pen ...2 points
lead twice with arsenal.... 4 points
get a result with scum ie draw ... take 2 points of them

that would actually leave us 3 points behind the scum ...... interesting thoughts .... this was also highligthed by aldo so not as far behind as most think !!!!!

I tink dat balloon head dont c much football

Bulld0g
20th December, 2009, 08:08 AM
He'll still be there for the foreseeable mate.

I hope not though I've just emailed father crimbo asking him to sort Mark Hughes to save your season

Worry about your own shambles of a club, We're in shit street and we're still above you lot. You've finished above us what ? Once in Twenty years is it.Rafa is not the man for us but maybe he can do something for your club eh ? What's Moyes EVER won ? ~~~~ all thats what.

dctyper
20th December, 2009, 09:21 AM
will they sack him though, i heard it will cost ?20 mill!!

Bulld0g
20th December, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hahaa funny how the murdering comments only came to light after the demise of your flash in the pan club isn't it sonny jim. Why does it bother you ? Is it because of the loss of life or is it because you were banned from Europe because of it. Most shite are bitter like you but you don't know why. Maybe your just born that way or maybe it's because your in our shadows because your justa small club. Lets see your attendance today eh dickhead

opsmonkey
21st December, 2009, 12:08 AM
ha ha.. that blue nose nob got banned in the end.. it was only a matter of time

out of interest the attendance at the wodden shack toady was 33,660.. Only 6497 off a full house.. Obviously the adverts on welsh radio and mobile phone offers dont work that well :roflmao:

lfc4life
21st December, 2009, 10:02 AM
i cant belive rafa the jaffa is still in charge ......

boomer39
21st December, 2009, 11:12 AM
if rafa goes,who comes in??? and will it be a case of same horse, different jockey??

Barnsey
21st December, 2009, 11:27 AM
At least it will be a different jockey, and that's the point.

dctyper
21st December, 2009, 11:38 AM
the special one, he isnt going to be at inter much longer, he slated everyone there lol

opsmonkey
21st December, 2009, 12:03 PM
if rafa goes,who comes in??? and will it be a case of same horse, different jockey??

same horse at Spurs when the different jockey took over there (Redknapp), same horse at Pompey when a different Jockey took over (Grant)..

Need a breath of fresh air to come in and lift the gloom..

lfc4life
21st December, 2009, 03:21 PM
same horse at Spurs when the different jockey took over there (Redknapp), same horse at Pompey when a different Jockey took over (Grant)..

Need a breath of fresh air to come in and lift the gloom..

i agree :D

scouse08
21st December, 2009, 05:38 PM
will they sack him though, i heard it will cost ?20 mill!!

if the yanks want to sack him they could do one of them has sold his club while the other as less then 3 weeks left to sell
so they could sack him in jan and still buy new players
but i dont think the yanks will want to drop to the bottom
table ,as for liverpool playin portsmouth and lost down to
10 men ..that was a big blow there are some things i cant under stand with rafa am sure you lot will agree
we had good players they left us due to rafa to buy better players which he did not do ..peter c sold robbie keane sold
alonso he near did to buy barry the year before last season
alonso put a request to leave now hes gone whos next ? ,
why buy injury players and 1 poor defender all rafa as done is buying was youth players and not thinkin of buying top players to help torres ...he even asked for support so is it time for rafa to leave us or carry on losing time to back the club and the team
:goodpost:

Bulld0g
21st December, 2009, 10:16 PM
I think the time has come for him to leave now. Even if we do improve and qualify for the Champions league it is not enough. It's the quality of football we're playing that's not good enough. TBH it bores the arse of me these days. Ican put up with a team that doesn't win things but not one that plays boring negative football.

Scotia_83
21st December, 2009, 10:22 PM
Torres in Fifpro XI ... No surprise there absoulte legend!!

Bulld0g
21st December, 2009, 10:27 PM
Yea could be one of the all time Anfield greats if he sticks around. Heres hoping

lewshanks
21st December, 2009, 10:34 PM
I think the time has come for him to leave now. Even if we do improve and qualify for the Champions league it is not enough. It's the quality of football we're playing that's not good enough. TBH it bores the arse of me these days. Ican put up with a team that doesn't win things but not one that plays boring negative football.

got to agree with you there bulldog being the same age as yourself i often think back to the days of 7-1 against spurs
the tearing apert of forest (which finney described as the sweetest football he had ever seen played ,who can for get st etienne ? now what do we have ? from destroying real madrid 12 months ago to what can only be described as pure eyesore football.
i actually still back rafa but ffs he got to take the shackles off the boys and let them play

Bulld0g
21st December, 2009, 10:38 PM
The problem is m8 he goes out trying not to lose a game rather than trying to win it. We played some excellent football from Christmas onwards last season regulary scoring 4 goals. I just can't see that happening this season.
We should play to our strengths and let the opposition worry about us. That was always the way at Liverpool.

lewshanks
21st December, 2009, 10:59 PM
Torres in Fifpro XI ... No surprise there absoulte legend!!

just ask vidic he is in it also:rofl:

opsmonkey
22nd December, 2009, 02:36 AM
Rafa Benitez has promised Liverpool will go all-out to put a silver lining on their season by winning the Europa League.

fcuk off now please.. You think this mickey mouse also rans cup will make us feel better about the way you fcuked our season up.. Spanish idiot has lost the plot

"We started the game with real intensity but made a mistake for their first goal and paid for it. We have to defend better."

defend better.. maybe it would help if you didn't play 3 left backs in one game.. 3 left backs.. FFS..

calvin plummer
22nd December, 2009, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=lewshanks;381323
the tearing apert of forest (which finney described as the sweetest football he had ever seen played [/QUOTE]

Against a forest team with walker carrying an injury - and lets be honest you were always cheating twats in the 80s - still we all know what happened when you played us in the European Cup :)

I'm still not sure if I'm laughing more at your mess or the sheeps

boomer39
22nd December, 2009, 05:49 PM
Against a forest team with walker carrying an injury - and lets be honest you were always cheating twats in the 80s - still we all know what happened when you played us in the European Cup :)

I'm still not sure if I'm laughing more at your mess or the sheeps
where have you come from planet penus! walker injured ??? a one man team then...
surely you cant be serious about cheating...
btw you beat us in 1978, paired by uefa... ironical..
another btw.. you are the only english club to have won more
european cups than league titles..wonder why. have a think before you critisise a truly awesome era for english football...

lfc4life
22nd December, 2009, 09:06 PM
BBC Sport - Football - Fernando Torres urges Liverpool not to sack Benitez (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8427453.stm)

Numbskull
22nd December, 2009, 09:45 PM
Something to cheer up my fellow reds.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/georgetheparrot/MERRY.jpg

opsmonkey
22nd December, 2009, 09:50 PM
Benitez should have had a Jester's hat on

Dirk Kuyt.. even gets a start in a painting.. FFS

Bulld0g
22nd December, 2009, 09:53 PM
Notice how Rafas got his hand out again :roflmao:

Numbskull
22nd December, 2009, 10:10 PM
Benitez should have had a Jester's hat on

Dirk Kuyt.. even gets a start in a painting.. FFS

I can do that, if you like.

maca
22nd December, 2009, 10:12 PM
is lucas wearing suzzy's lol

andy4
22nd December, 2009, 10:14 PM
is lucas wearing suzzy's lol

bout right for him :roflmao:

Bulld0g
22nd December, 2009, 10:17 PM
Wouldn't surprise me, the big tart lol

calvin plummer
23rd December, 2009, 12:32 PM
where have you come from planet penus! walker injured ??? a one man team then...
surely you cant be serious about cheating...
btw you beat us in 1978, paired by uefa... ironical..
another btw.. you are the only english club to have won more
european cups than league titles..wonder why. have a think before you critisise a truly awesome era for english football...

Thats my point dude, now even we can laugh at you! I know where the two clubs are in terms of size, trophy wins, history. How often do I get to laugh at liverpool? This is the first time for the best part of 20 years (and thats hardly been a golden period for you).

It was just meant as a bit of banter, I was at Hillsborough and have the utmost respect for your club and most of its fans. Lighten up!

boomer39
23rd December, 2009, 05:55 PM
understand what you mean, but hardly think having less than half a season of bad form is a cause to laugh at us.... not bad after 20 years of not winning the league tho' is it?? i am not panicking!!!!!
ps,,, get back in the prem asap...

opsmonkey
24th December, 2009, 12:00 AM
liverpoolfc.tv

Rafael Benitez admits the Boxing Day clash with Wolves is a must-win game

JESUS CHRIST.. does this ~~~~in idiot not realise that every game between now and May is a must win game in order for us to achieve UCL qualification..

The sooner this guy leaves the better

melloned
24th December, 2009, 01:17 AM
:y: Said it before and i'll say it again (probably take stick for it) , i still think Rafa's not the man to take Liverpool forward.
Time will tell...............:goodnight:

At the risk of repeating myself !:thumpdown:

opsmonkey
24th December, 2009, 01:31 AM
what all these rafa lovers need to think about is the fact that the players have lost faith big time in him and his tactics.. he's a complete control freak and his man management skills are woeful..

its better to loose him now and take the ?18m to pay him off rather than loose out on the potential ?30m from not qualifying for the UCL..

Torres will be off as will others if we don't get UCL & Benitez stays past May 2010

AKS007
24th December, 2009, 08:59 AM
Benitez must go...

wongers
24th December, 2009, 11:21 AM
what all these rafa lovers need to think about is the fact that the players have lost faith big time in him and his tactics.. he's a complete control freak and his man management skills are woeful..

its better to loose him now and take the ?18m to pay him off rather than loose out on the potential ?30m from not qualifying for the UCL..

Torres will be off as will others if we don't get UCL & Benitez stays past May 2010

ops how do you know the players have lost faith in him do you know any of the players personally ?only yesterday torres was saying it would be a mistake to get rid of him i'm not having a go at you m8 but sometimes wonder were your coming from and don't get me wrong rafa's digging a bigger hole for himself with every game

boomer39
25th December, 2009, 12:17 AM
right.... ok,rafa walks, gets sacked, or whatever...WHO TAKES HIS PLACE????????????????????????????????????????????

opsmonkey
25th December, 2009, 02:43 PM
ops how do you know the players have lost faith in him do you know any of the players personally ?only yesterday torres was saying it would be a mistake to get rid of him i'm not having a go at you m8 but sometimes wonder were your coming from and don't get me wrong rafa's digging a bigger hole for himself with every game

one of my mates flys with the team to all the european games.. he has done for the past 5 years.. the senior players aren't happy.. Gerrard, Carragher etc...

right.... ok,rafa walks, gets sacked, or whatever...WHO TAKES HIS PLACE????????????????????????????????????????????

Daglish for the interim until the end of the season.. Then Mourinho... if we dont get him at the end of this season he will go to OT.. Taggart will retire when they win their 19th.. If they replace him with Mourinho then kiss goodbye to our proud record as this country's best.. they'll be on their late 20's before we win the league again

melloned
25th December, 2009, 06:20 PM
:hmmmm2: Have you noticed the element of "humility" that has crept into Raffa's more recent interviews ?.
This is totally at odds with his normal arrogance , if this was a genuine element of his character , i think he'd have gained far more respect from fellow managers and players alike .
I've said for a long time , in both this thread and others , he lacks both the personality and wit , previous Liverpool Football Club managers have been famed for !
Bill Shankly would be turning in his grave :stupid:

boomer39
25th December, 2009, 09:56 PM
would love kenny as boss.if he does take over, which i doubt, it would be for the long term..mourinho?? no thanks.
so who else???

boomer39
25th December, 2009, 10:01 PM
:hmmmm2: Have you noticed the element of "humility" that has crept into Raffa's more recent interviews ?.
This is totally at odds with his normal arrogance , if this was a genuine element of his character , i think he'd have gained far more respect from fellow managers and players alike .
I've said for a long time , in both this thread and others , he lacks both the personality and wit , previous Liverpool Football Club managers have been famed for !
Bill Shankly would be turning in his grave :stupid:
personality and wit? souness, houlier, evans?
has taggart got any ??? but the top hat has got talent.. sad to say.

opsmonkey
26th December, 2009, 12:39 AM
.mourinho?? no thanks.

are you serious.. his record across european football is second to none.. champion in each country he has managed, UEFA & Champions League winner... no better candidate... there is no better manager in world football.. FACT

melloned
26th December, 2009, 02:16 AM
personality and wit? souness, houlier, evans?
has taggart got any ??? but the top hat has got talent.. sad to say.

:listen: Talking back room long termers , not temps or pretenders Mate :beer:

boomer39
26th December, 2009, 05:53 PM
are you serious.. his record across european football is second to none.. champion in each country he has managed, UEFA & Champions League winner... no better candidate... there is no better manager in world football.. FACT
not knocking his credentials. but how many teams has he managed over a few years?? long term? no way renee!!
best manager in the world???????????? if he is, where does that put whisky nose????????????? get real mate.
cant see us getting anyone to replace rafa after 1/2 a bad season!!
has not rafa won a champions league? not won a league title in spain? akin to taggart doing that for aberdeen?
if there is any one better that we could bring in now tell me. cos i dont know and 100000s of us dont know either!!!!!!!!!!

boomer39
26th December, 2009, 06:30 PM
oh, and btw, is this eufa cup the same as the europa league thing?????

pillapow
26th December, 2009, 08:37 PM
Not a bad performance, Why havent i seen or heard anything of this Pacheca kid before?