PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

pillapow
2nd May, 2010, 06:17 PM
its called football even mr g makes misakes, look at the ammount of times he`s dragged you out of the mire in stoppage time

It was no mistake, Your spouting the same bullshit Fergie is, Face it mate, Stevie Gerrard stopped United winning the title.

maca
2nd May, 2010, 06:21 PM
It was no mistake, Your spouting the same bullshit Fergie is, Face it mate, Stevie Gerrard stopped United winning the title.
not having that. steven gerrard didnt stop utd winning the title i think you'll find utd lost the title themselves this season....

pillapow
2nd May, 2010, 06:29 PM
not having that. steven gerrard didnt stop utd winning the title i think you'll find utd lost the title themselves this season....

Figure of speech so to speak but Come on, you dont think he gave Chelsea that goal on purpose? He knew Drogba was there without a doubt.

stuss
2nd May, 2010, 07:38 PM
sorry m8 no way would he throw a game, thats what your insinuating i assume

pillapow
2nd May, 2010, 07:54 PM

You cant be serious.

aftermath
2nd May, 2010, 07:58 PM
My opinion is

I dont think for 1 minute Liverpool would throw the game.

They done ok for the first 30 mins , and i thought they could get us a result.

it was just unfortunate that gerrard tried that back pass and it gave Chelsea the goal that settled their nerves.

From then on , Chelsea started to get their confidence.

at the end of the day , i blame the officials in the Man Utd - Chelsea game They are the ones that cost us the title without a shadow of a doubt.

They hung that snooker player today , and they should have hung those officials. Stevie Wonder could have seen 3 Chelsea players were a field offside when Drogba scored.lol

lfc4life
2nd May, 2010, 08:01 PM

Another newbie trying too incite trouble . liverpool wouldnt do that even as much there dislike the mancs

stuss
2nd May, 2010, 08:04 PM
You cant be serious.

course i am serious we all watched the game personally i think it was a genuine mistake

cloudnineuk54
2nd May, 2010, 08:15 PM
its irrelevant anyhow when chelsea lose next week well be champions anyway lol:manusign:

Bulld0g
2nd May, 2010, 08:19 PM
Well it's down to the wire and football is football.It can still go anyway

pillapow
2nd May, 2010, 08:30 PM
Another newbie trying too incite trouble . liverpool wouldnt do that even as much there dislike the mancs

Are you refering to me..? We all have our opinions.

aftermath
2nd May, 2010, 08:31 PM
Guys lets never forget this.

the first season under the Premiership title.

last game of the season.

Man Utd needed Liverpool to do us a favour by beating Blackburn, they did .

we needed to beat west ham , and we didnt

I cant believe Liverpool would throw a game to get at Man Utd

lfc4life
2nd May, 2010, 08:32 PM
sorry to say what you already feel but the supporters and fans of liverpool fc have been let down badly. and a complete over haul is needed top to bottom ACTION NOW p.s feel even more sorry for those who buy a season ticket

Bulld0g
2nd May, 2010, 08:34 PM
Well theres no way on this earth Liverpool threw the game. We weren't good enough to win, simple as that.All this bullshit about players throwing the game. Did you see the support from the fans ? They were 100% behind the team and wanted to win.

cloudnineuk54
2nd May, 2010, 08:42 PM
no way did the pool throw that match and if next week chelsea go on to win by one point blame the ref who allowed drogbas goal against us when he was clearly miles offside:manusign:

aftermath
2nd May, 2010, 08:48 PM
champions League without Liverpool,

doesnt seem right does it.

from an english point of view it would have been better to see Liverpool in than a team that dont have much chance.

i feel for the scousers, i really do, i am a Geordie and Geordies and scousers seem to get on.

Ive met loads of people from Liverpool and i have never met a bad person, in fact they have all been funny and nice people.

i normally joke on with you lot on here, but when it comes down to football, dont take me serious, its all just banter, i hope you take it that way,

boomer39
2nd May, 2010, 10:11 PM
You cant be serious.
who the eff are you.... john mcenroe?/?

boomer39
2nd May, 2010, 10:18 PM
My opinion is

I dont think for 1 minute Liverpool would throw the game.

They done ok for the first 30 mins , and i thought they could get us a result.

it was just unfortunate that gerrard tried that back pass and it gave Chelsea the goal that settled their nerves.

From then on , Chelsea started to get their confidence.

at the end of the day , i blame the officials in the Man Utd - Chelsea game They are the ones that cost us the title without a shadow of a doubt.

They hung that snooker player today , and they should have hung those officials. Stevie Wonder could have seen 3 Chelsea players were a field offside when Drogba scored.lol
what the hell are you on about,,, snooker...???

leez
2nd May, 2010, 10:21 PM
i think its going to be hard for liverpool now ..

no champions league , a squad thats not good enough .

best players future ( who knows )

owners massivly over estimate the price of the club which is up for sale in a world that moneys not that easy to come by .

new stadia needed ..

god its great being a footie fan eh ..

im a toon fan and know its tough.

boomer39
2nd May, 2010, 10:22 PM
its irrelevant anyhow when chelsea lose next week well be champions anyway lol:manusign:
you can not be serious!!!! but ...

stuss
2nd May, 2010, 10:46 PM
newbie to d/k yet follow footy threads, on various forums as to incite trouble no i genuinally spoke as i saw if thats incitement so be it

maca
2nd May, 2010, 10:50 PM
newbie to d/k yet follow footy threads, on various forums as to incite trouble no i genuinally spoke as i saw if thats incitement so be it

exactly m8 everyone on dk is entitled to an opinion..

stuss
2nd May, 2010, 10:56 PM
i`m a genuine england supporter so i follow all the trials and tribulations of all premiership clubs / players, and i will be in s/africa in june and have vested interest in all footbal related banter .. but to say gerrard threw a game is as plausable as scotland qualifying for the world cup (joke)

leez
2nd May, 2010, 10:58 PM
did gerard not do a simular mistake for england in a world cup ..im sure he did ..

stuss
2nd May, 2010, 11:00 PM
but he is a professional football player, with certain style, and mistakes happen hopefully he wont make such a mistake in the world cup

boomer39
2nd May, 2010, 11:06 PM
did gerard not do a simular mistake for england in a world cup ..im sure he did ..
please enlighten us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leez
2nd May, 2010, 11:12 PM
ahh ..gerrard has acttually done it twice before once against france in the 2004 and against arsenal ..

it was nt fixed just a simple but costly mistake ,
YouTube - France 2-1 England EURO 2004

im sure there was another aswell ..

leez
2nd May, 2010, 11:30 PM
BBC SPORT | Football | Premiership | Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4773704.stm)

here was the other one ... who say lighting dosent strike twice or even 3 times lol

maca
2nd May, 2010, 11:32 PM
BBC SPORT | Football | Premiership | Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4773704.stm)

here was the other one ... who say lighting dosent strike twice or even 3 times lol
ffs your like a dog with a bone lol

stuss
2nd May, 2010, 11:35 PM
every sportsman makes mistakes, but thanks to internet mistakes are high lighted,

leez
2nd May, 2010, 11:39 PM
lol lads ...
powers of the net eh ..

but but ..

im sure theirs one more ..i can picture it just can t remember ..

im sure it was for england ...

i have a good think..lol

rapscallion
3rd May, 2010, 12:02 AM
Felt like a pre season friendly. I was suprised how Chelsea approach the game until we gifted the goal. After that it could have been a few more if it was not for Pepe.
First time v Chelsea I think we have sat down on the Kop.
Interesting Summer to say the least for us Reds. Hopefully the Yanks will be gone but I fear they will still be here next year.

lfc4life
3rd May, 2010, 07:57 AM
BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez refuses to discuss future (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8657364.stm)

BBC Sport - Football - Expectations for season too high - Rafael Benitez (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8657284.stm) <<< this i dont agree with we should have well finshed in the top four. just like rafa didnt give a s hit as soon as we fell to far behind to catch up!!!

lfc4life
3rd May, 2010, 09:27 AM
oh and alex ferguson has accused stevie g of gifting chelsea a goal lol knew that was coming!!!

mattybhoy
3rd May, 2010, 09:52 AM
To be fair it's only what at least one Liverpool fan on here has said..

For the record I think it's a load of shite. Of course Liverpool nor Gerrard did not chuck the game.

grim00
3rd May, 2010, 10:56 AM
I don't think Gerrard made the back pass to gift Drogba a goal either but it's quite funny how it's wound up ManU and Fergie!

koppit
3rd May, 2010, 04:20 PM
id find it funnier if it hadn't fergys always so sportsmanlike

koppit
3rd May, 2010, 05:11 PM
every sportsman makes mistakes, but thanks to internet mistakes are high lighted,

thats why we get so many "experts" on here posting crap m8. the nets overtaken the papers for news from "inside sources"

aftermath
3rd May, 2010, 06:03 PM
just thought i would add some humour for you guys.i found this.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/aftermath_0377/gerrardchelsea.png

its just a joke so dont go off it

pillapow
3rd May, 2010, 08:29 PM
I want Rafa to stay and manage us for another 4 years, I think he is a top manager, Compare him with other premier league managers, Only top three come close and one is with a team who seem to win regardless of the manager. I think he is a massive manager and couldnt see anybody else at Anfield. Just acquired a nice signed photo of Rafa aswell... :)

grim00
3rd May, 2010, 09:48 PM
Latest odds on new manager, can understand most in the list, but the last two?? wtf???

Jose Mourinho 11/8
Martin ONeill 7/2
Roy Hodgson 5
Kenny Dalglish 8
Lauren Blanc 10
Oswaldo de Oliveira 12

leotheloin
3rd May, 2010, 10:52 PM
I want Rafa to stay and manage us for another 4 years, I think he is a top manager, Compare him with other premier league managers, Only top three come close and one is with a team who seem to win regardless of the manager. I think he is a massive manager and couldnt see anybody else at Anfield. Just acquired a nice signed photo of Rafa aswell... :)
Totally agree he just might get yiz back into CL... by then:manuflag:

pillapow
4th May, 2010, 11:56 AM
Totally agree he just might get yiz back into CL... by then:manuflag:

Just wait till we get our buyer...

koppit
4th May, 2010, 04:38 PM

cant see a new owner wanting a manager who throws his toys out the pram and runs to the press

pillapow
4th May, 2010, 06:57 PM
cant see a new owner wanting a manager who throws his toys out the pram and runs to the press

Whats he said to the press, Nothing in the echo today, Last time i heard from rafa he told the interviewer to finish the interview and stop speculating..? If you know of a later interview or statement please let me know.. :top:

lfc4life
4th May, 2010, 06:59 PM
BBC Sport - Football - Rafael Benitez twice cancels Liverpool showdown talks (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8660055.stm)

pillapow
4th May, 2010, 07:03 PM
BBC Sport - Football - Rafael Benitez twice cancels Liverpool showdown talks (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8660055.stm)

From that particular script:

Despite the constant swirl of rumours over Benitez's future, his agent has insisted that Juventus have not been in touch.
"We have not received any offers from any club," said Manuel Garcia Quilon.
"Benitez's aim is to remain at Liverpool and try to help the team improve with new owners.
"He is under contract and his wish is to remain at Liverpool."

koppit
4th May, 2010, 07:04 PM
didnt mean today mate, done enough in the past

pillapow
4th May, 2010, 07:12 PM
didnt mean today mate, done enough in the past

Come on how many times has fergie spat his dummie out, or wenger? Ancelotti cant speak ****ing english ? They all do it... Is there such a thing as a perfect manager now?

koppit
4th May, 2010, 07:19 PM
i know what you mean all im saying is if you were going to throw ?1billion at a football club you'd want someone who stayed onside

boomer39
4th May, 2010, 08:45 PM
Come on how many times has fergie spat his dummie out, or wenger? Ancelotti cant speak ****ing english ? They all do it... Is there such a thing as a perfect manager now?
yeh, steve mclaren.. he speaks perfect "dutch"......

opsmonkey
4th May, 2010, 11:08 PM
basically if he hadn't won the European Cup in 2005 with Houillers squad you would have wanted him out long ago..

He's had the cash (and more than Taggart) and spunked it off mostly on tat..

Istanbul was 5 years ago... If he'd just played Haman from the start his 'tactical genius' wouldn't have been needed..

Remember Athens.. AC Milan were shat scared of Crouch's height.. Openly so in the Italian media.. "He's the one to watch, he's their danger man"

Rafa Benitez..... Peter Crouch, Substitute.. Came on with 12 minutes left..

Tactical Genius...

thered
5th May, 2010, 02:23 PM
basically if he hadn't won the European Cup in 2005 with Houillers squad you would have wanted him out long ago..

He's had the cash (and more than Taggart) and spunked it off mostly on tat..

Istanbul was 5 years ago... If he'd just played Haman from the start his 'tactical genius' wouldn't have been needed..

Remember Athens.. AC Milan were shat scared of Crouch's height.. Openly so in the Italian media.. "He's the one to watch, he's their danger man"

Rafa Benitez..... Peter Crouch, Substitute.. Came on with 12 minutes left..

Tactical Genius...

finally a man who talks sense

boomer39
5th May, 2010, 05:56 PM
finally a man who talks sense
fa cup.. 2006.. cl runners up 2007, cl semis, 2008, epl runners up 2009.... yeh.. a great failure...
who's squad could he have won with in 2005?? graham souness's? come on mate he's not done too badly has he.. as i keep saying, were we all saying this 12 months ago?????

axpk95
5th May, 2010, 06:06 PM
would you trust rafa with 70/80 million to spend ?

rapscallion
5th May, 2010, 06:31 PM
would you trust rafa with 70/80 million to spend ?No he might someone sh1te like Torres, Masch Reina Alonso Garcia, Agger. Much better with Curbs or Mon THEY HAVE WON LOADS AND LOADS.

thered
5th May, 2010, 07:04 PM
fa cup.. 2006.. cl runners up 2007, cl semis, 2008, epl runners up 2009.... yeh.. a great failure...
who's squad could he have won with in 2005?? graham souness's? come on mate he's not done too badly has he.. as i keep saying, were we all saying this 12 months ago?????

yeh you pretty much gave a bunch of failures

if you measure success by finishing 2nd 4th or 7th he's a great manager

and for the record most people were pi55ed last year after his stupid rants probably cost you the title

im all for benitez tbh as are most united fans

Bulld0g
5th May, 2010, 07:21 PM
For me, the problem is. for all the money he's spent, The squad as a whole is not good enough. It's his squad and his tactics that win or lose games.

He's far too negative. When he does unleash them, they do play good football.Sadly it's not vey often. He plays his teams with the attitude of we're not going to lose rather than, we're going to win.

I really wanted him to prove me and lots of fans like me wrong and play good open attacking exciting football. Unfortunately, theres been too many times this season and the first half of last season, when i've come out of the ground and commented on a boring display. Sadly Rafa is not going to win the league for Liverpool football club. We are going backwards and not forwards. On paper his record looks good at Liverpool, so did Roy Evan's and we were never going to win the league with him neither. Two nice enough fellas , but not good enough.

koppit
5th May, 2010, 08:35 PM
rafas spending is a red herring his tactics are the problem

boomer39
5th May, 2010, 10:33 PM

and for the record most people were pi55ed last year after his stupid rants probably cost you the title

come back on sunday if you finish 2nd!! failure?? oh, no you won the league cup, or does this count???

rapscallion
5th May, 2010, 11:15 PM
?27M net spend over the last 3 years. Spurs City and Villa all have outspent us even though Liverpool have raked in CL money. Rafa has had a bad season but then again so has Gerrard. Might as well get rid of him too.

thered
6th May, 2010, 09:28 AM
come back on sunday if you finish 2nd!! failure?? oh, no you won the league cup, or does this count???

no it doesnt barring a miracle on sunday this season is a failure league cups mickey mouse

i measure succes boomer on winning trophys if your happy finishing second or seventh thats up to you but i would of thought that being a liverpool supporter that being first is all that counts

success can also be measured by progress like spurs or city for instance but you and i are not spurs or city winning titles and cups is the only thing that doesnt present failure

looking back boomer this was supposed to be your season the best player in world football IMO gone tevez gone,chelsea's ageing squad barely seen a decent signing since mourinho went there for the taking i was hearing big things the fans expected more

its all ended in failure in fact if everton didnt have such a 5hit start you would have struggled to come 7th

rapscallion
6th May, 2010, 02:16 PM
Martin, You Can Do The Minutes &ndash; Spirit Of Shankly &ndash; Liverpool Supporters' Union (http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Martin,-You-Can-Do-The-Minutes.html)

Love the PS

boomer39
6th May, 2010, 04:57 PM
no it doesnt barring a miracle on sunday this season is a failure league cups mickey mouse

i measure succes boomer on winning trophys if your happy finishing second or seventh thats up to you but i would of thought that being a liverpool supporter that being first is all that counts

success can also be measured by progress like spurs or city for instance but you and i are not spurs or city winning titles and cups is the only thing that doesnt present failure

looking back boomer this was supposed to be your season the best player in world football IMO gone tevez gone,chelsea's ageing squad barely seen a decent signing since mourinho went there for the taking i was hearing big things the fans expected more

its all ended in failure in fact if everton didnt have such a 5hit start you would have struggled to come 7th
spurs and city made progress??? show me how???

koppit
6th May, 2010, 05:06 PM
read somewhere there is a proven link between the spend on wages and where you finish in the league. last year we were 5th highest spenders behind city, chelsea, utd and spurs. last year we overachieved.the hopes of supporters dont win points

koppit
6th May, 2010, 05:14 PM

i dont know anyone who was pissed about what he said just that he made the wrong point. as for the title that probably had more to do with not winning enough games

koppit
6th May, 2010, 05:19 PM
?27M net spend over the last 3 years. Spurs City and Villa all have outspent us even though Liverpool have raked in CL money. Rafa has had a bad season but then again so has Gerrard. Might as well get rid of him too.

the net spend for 08/09 was ?2.5mil and this year ?10,000
2008/09

Free – Philip Degen: Garbage, but free.
?7m - Andrea Dossena: Italian international left back. Hasn’t settled. Bad signing.
?3.5m – Diego Cavalieri: Reserve keeper. Only played league cup games so far.
?1.5m – David N’gog: Young French striker. Promising.
?19m – Robbie Keane: Everyone made up when we signed him. Didn’t work out and sold back to Spurs for ?16m.
?8m - Albert Riera: Spanish international. Started well but jury still out.

Total bought: ?39m

?4m – John Arne Riise: Good servant but form tailed off. Snapped their hands off at ?4m.
Free – Harry Kewell: Harry who?
Undisclosed – Anthony Le Tallec: Houllier youngster finally released. Fee not known.
?11m – Peter Crouch: Laughing stock bought for ?7m. Great signing. Wanted first team football.
?2.25m – Danny Guthrie: Youngster from Acadamy thought not good enough.
?3.25m – Scott Carson: Injury prone and Reina now first choice. Sold at profit.
Undisclosed – Steve Finnan: Sold for a fee believed to be ?1m
?16m – Robbie Keane: Didn’t work out.
Undisclosed – Jack Hobbs: Young defender that didn’t progress. Sold for believed to ?1.5m.

Total sold: ?36.5m

2008/09 net spend: ?2.5m

2009/10

?17.5m – Glen Johnson: Big fee, but has been brilliant so far.
?17.1m - Alberto Aquilani: Injured so far but meant to be a class act. Highly rated in Italy.
?2m – Sotirios Kyrgiakos: Last minute signing to fill Hyypia’s shoes. Only money we had to spend.
?160,000 – Daniel Ayala: Young defender, played a few times this season and looked promising.

Total bought: ?36.76m

?250,000 – Paul Anderson: Youngster that didn’t progess.
Free – Jermaine Pennant: Out of contract. Poor signing.
Free – Miki Roque: No idea who he is. Bought for peanuts.
?3m – Sebastian Leto: Signed for ?1.8m but didn’t get a work permit. Had to sell.
?3.5m – Alvaro Arbeloa: Wanted to leave and out of contract in the summer.
?30m – Xabi Alonso: Wanted to leave. Bought for ?10.7m. Great signing.

Total sold: ?36.75m

2009/10 net spend: ?10,000

pillapow
6th May, 2010, 06:03 PM
Looks like rafas wifes fitting in over ere, In which case hes going nowhere.

wongers
6th May, 2010, 06:57 PM
the net spend for 08/09 was ?2.5mil and this year ?10,000
2008/09

Free ? Philip Degen: Garbage, but free.
?7m - Andrea Dossena: Italian international left back. Hasn?t settled. Bad signing.
?3.5m ? Diego Cavalieri: Reserve keeper. Only played league cup games so far.
?1.5m ? David N?gog: Young French striker. Promising.
?19m ? Robbie Keane: Everyone made up when we signed him. Didn?t work out and sold back to Spurs for ?16m.
?8m - Albert Riera: Spanish international. Started well but jury still out.

Total bought: ?39m

?4m ? John Arne Riise: Good servant but form tailed off. Snapped their hands off at ?4m.
Free ? Harry Kewell: Harry who?
Undisclosed ? Anthony Le Tallec: Houllier youngster finally released. Fee not known.
?11m ? Peter Crouch: Laughing stock bought for ?7m. Great signing. Wanted first team football.
?2.25m ? Danny Guthrie: Youngster from Acadamy thought not good enough.
?3.25m ? Scott Carson: Injury prone and Reina now first choice. Sold at profit.
Undisclosed ? Steve Finnan: Sold for a fee believed to be ?1m
?16m ? Robbie Keane: Didn?t work out.
Undisclosed ? Jack Hobbs: Young defender that didn?t progress. Sold for believed to ?1.5m.

Total sold: ?36.5m

2008/09 net spend: ?2.5m

2009/10

?17.5m ? Glen Johnson: Big fee, but has been brilliant so far.
?17.1m - Alberto Aquilani: Injured so far but meant to be a class act. Highly rated in Italy.
?2m ? Sotirios Kyrgiakos: Last minute signing to fill Hyypia?s shoes. Only money we had to spend.
?160,000 ? Daniel Ayala: Young defender, played a few times this season and looked promising.

Total bought: ?36.76m

?250,000 ? Paul Anderson: Youngster that didn?t progess.
Free ? Jermaine Pennant: Out of contract. Poor signing.
Free ? Miki Roque: No idea who he is. Bought for peanuts.
?3m ? Sebastian Leto: Signed for ?1.8m but didn?t get a work permit. Had to sell.
?3.5m ? Alvaro Arbeloa: Wanted to leave and out of contract in the summer.
?30m ? Xabi Alonso: Wanted to leave. Bought for ?10.7m. Great signing.

Total sold: ?36.75m

2009/10 net spend: ?10,000

makes interesting reading m8

koppit
6th May, 2010, 07:45 PM
cant claim any credit picked it up here Players signed by Rafael Benitez (http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=175fd1fabbd2cfbf739095b5572510 e3&topic=249365.0)
this is interesting too FAO Open-Minded Football Journalists | The Tomkins Times | Paul Tomkins&#039; blog about Liverpool Football Club (LFC) (http://tomkinstimes.com/2009/10/fao-open-minded-football-journalists/)

pillapow
6th May, 2010, 09:17 PM
Considering the money troubles I think Rafa has done brilliant, Not everybody may agree with his tactics but i think the futures bright, New owner, Lots of money, Couple of world class players to compliment the few we already have and thats the way forward, Those who want Rafa out must want someone else in, as for these suggestions by the bookies etc.. Load of bollocks. Also on radio city today, Threw a story along the lines of "Yanks in for another 2 years" Which has already been dismissed by Hicks, Radio City is going down the ****ing pan aswell ****ing toffs.

thered
6th May, 2010, 09:20 PM
spurs and city made progress??? show me how???

are you serious?

you need me to say boomer try finishing 4th and qualifying for the CL at your expense

thats how

and im not 100% but im pretty sure its citys best finish yet or close too

pillapow
6th May, 2010, 09:23 PM
are you serious?

you need me to say boomer try finishing 4th and qualifying for the CL at your expense

thats how

Seriously, Regardless of who wins the premiership.. Do you honestly think United are the best team in England?

Without being biased. Also going by the team as a whole, Not who the striker is.

firestorm
6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
has any one seen this mass email over raffa planned for tomorrow

The following is a campaign being conducted by a few Liverpool fans around the web:

At 1pm on Friday 7th May we require you to be part of our campaign where will each be targetting a large number of media outlets in order to show our support for the current Liverpool Manager. We would like you to prepare a letter and email it at exactly the time specified above to create maximum impact. We have our work cut out coming between the results of the UK general election and the last day of the current football season so as many of you who can contribute to this action the better.

Please prepare a statement in your own words in support of Rafa (I know many of you already have them prepared) try not to say anthing which can be misread or twisted but the content is up to yourself.

An idea for the content.
Change add or ignore as you see fit.

HEADER: In support of Rafa benitez

FOOTER:
Dear Sir,
It would appear that the media campaign against Rafa Benitez shows no sign of abating.In fact even after 6 years it appears to be gaining momentum.
As a lifelong Liverpool supporter I give the manager my wholehearted support in the face of this deliberate and continued attempt by the media in this country to discredit him at every opportunity.
We are only too aware of the agenda being perpetrated as we have been watching with increased frustration and disbelief for a long time now.
We can seperate The Truth from the lies and the opinion masquerading as facts regarding our club, as we live and breath them every day.

We are supporters of Liverpool Football Club, and our history has taught us many things.There is very little we haven't seen, heard or experienced. We have been fortunate to have had some of the greatest managers the football world has ever known. So I think we are suitably qualified to make a judgement on our current manager without the need for the media to attempt to influence and patronise us with their version of Rafa Benitez and his achievements at Liverpool.

No amount of speculation and innuendo on the part of the media will change our level of support for Mr Benitez as we firmly believe he is the right man to be at the helm of our great club.
In fact, the more the media attempts to skew the facts, the stronger our support will become.

By all means report what you see, that is your right. However it's well worth taking note that there are those of us out there that are intelligent enough to see through different eyes.

Yours Sincerely

Please send it to as many of the following email addresses as possible:

Journalists

Guillem Balague: admin@guillembalague.com

Tony Barrett: tony.barrett@thetimes.co.uk

Bill Bradshaw: bill.bradshaw@express.co.uk

James Lawton: james.lawton@independent.co.uk

Matt Lawton: m.lawton@dailymail.co.uk

Martin Samuel: martin.samuel@dailymail.co.uk

Ashley gray: ashley.gray@dailymail.co.uk

Oliver Kay: oliver.kay@thetimes.co.uk

Sam Wallace: sam.wallace@independent.co.uk

Dominic Fifield: dominic.fifield@guardian.co.uk

Martin Lipton: martin.lipton@mirror.co.uk

Henry Winter: henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk

Kevin McCarra; kevin.mccarra@guardian.co.uk

Hugh McIlvanney: hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk

Lee Watson: leewatson@guillembalague.com

Rory Smith: rory.smith@telegraph.co.uk

Ben Smith: ben.smith@thetimes.co.uk

Sid Lowe: sid.lowe@guardian.co.uk

Gabreiele Marcotti: gabriele.marcotti@thetimes.co.uk

David Maddox: d.maddock@mirror.co.uk

Brian Reade: brian.reade@mirror.co.uk

Newspapers

sportletters@sunday-times.co.uk

sport@independent.co.uk

editorial@dailymailonline.co.uk

sport@tribune.ie

mailbox@mirror.co.uk

starsport@dailystar.co.uk

sports@sundayworld.com (Aldo does a sunday column for this lot)

sport@liverpoolecho.co.uk

mailbox@mirror.co.uk

home.news@thetimes.co.uk

sport@guardian.co.uk

sport@independent.co.uk

btsportsdesk@hotmail.com

newsdesk@irishtimes.com

darwin.templeton@jpress.co.uk

feedback@dallasnews.com

Broadcasters

606@bbc.co.uk

5livesport@bbc.co.uk

u2us@skysports.com

fff@foxsoccer.com

onair@talksport.co.uk

football@bbc.co.uk

tonight@itv.com

tott@espn.com

feedback@footballcrazy.tv

pillapow
6th May, 2010, 10:06 PM
Is there any way to get all these emails on hotmail without copying and pasting the lot? Excellent idea...

Bulld0g
6th May, 2010, 10:09 PM
Yes i have. it's being fronted by RAWK. Great gesture if you believe in it and, should have a big impact on the gobshite media regardless of your beliefs.

boomer39
6th May, 2010, 10:40 PM
are you serious?

thats how

ok .this season, spurs..4th or even 3rd!! city..5th... one season!! where were they 2,3 4,5 seasons ago? have they improved that much??? we have had 1 bad season, in our terms, but ask the rest if they would be happy with 6/7th!!
everton were 4th in 2005 .. they've come a long way since then... not...
portsmouth are in the cup final! is that success???????????

rapscallion
7th May, 2010, 10:34 AM
From Tim at Raotl and RAWK
This is group level

Turnover ?184.5m

Loss after tax ?52.8m

Net Debt ?351m (of which ?237m external remaining due to holding companies)

Emphasis of matter remains from auditors

Club Level

Turnover ?177.3m

Loss ?14m (interest payable ?12.9m)

Net debt ?110.3m

rapscallion
7th May, 2010, 10:49 AM
Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Rick Parry received huge Liverpool FC pay-off (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/05/07/rick-parry-received-huge-liverpool-fc-pay-off-100252-26397977/)

koppit
7th May, 2010, 06:22 PM
are you serious?

thats how

won the league in the sixties with lee bell and summerbee and 2nd in the seventies once or twice

koppit
7th May, 2010, 06:25 PM
Considering the money troubles I think Rafa has done brilliant, Not everybody may agree with his tactics but i think the futures bright, New owner, Lots of money, Couple of world class players to compliment the few we already have and thats the way forward, Those who want Rafa out must want someone else in, as for these suggestions by the bookies etc.. Load of bollocks. Also on radio city today, Threw a story along the lines of "Yanks in for another 2 years" Which has already been dismissed by Hicks, Radio City is going down the ****ing pan aswell ****ing toffs.

wouldnt say brilliant, but better than he gets credit for. but some of his decisions are bone

opsmonkey
7th May, 2010, 06:42 PM
Latest rumour I have heard is:

Benitez has been told that money from player sales will only be available after a sale of LFC has been completed.

Benitez wanted a written confirmation. Purslow and Broughton refused.

Benitez has also consulted his lawyers regarding a breach of contract by LFC.

The Alonso money was not given to Benitez even though Benitez agreed to this at the time.

Only the first payment of ?5M was paid for Aquillani.

Benitez has informed Purslow and Broughton that he wishes to resign.

He has cancelled his routine Friday press conference. Expect some news on Saturday.
Expect an announcement from the club next week...

wongers
7th May, 2010, 07:03 PM

if only it was that simple how do you know the new owners will have loads of money i think its a case of wait and see if the owners are here for any longer were are we going to get any money from to buy players let alone world class

maffi
7th May, 2010, 07:04 PM
hi m8?s here in spain they are talking about stevie gerrard goes to MF real madrid ,henry goes to usa and rooney goes to real too ,torres goes to chelsea and higuain too.

anything true about that????

Bulld0g
7th May, 2010, 07:09 PM
Theres always rumours doing the rounds m8. Mostly they repeat themselves. In my opinion i can't see Torres going to another English club. Depending on what happens in the next few weeks, i wouldn't be surprised if Torres and Gerrard do leave to play abroad. I hope not but we'll have to wait and see

maffi
7th May, 2010, 07:25 PM
it can be possible but i think that both are liverpools icons ,i cannot imagine another better "9" for liverpool.

hope that you can resolve your financial problems an don not sale your best players,

good luck!!!!

opsmonkey
7th May, 2010, 08:02 PM
Another rumor doing the rounds is that Mrs Benitez is a member of a local childrens cancer charity.. At a meeting the other night she broke down in tears and said she feared the good work the charity had started she would not get to see come to fruition as (i quote) "Juventus are a very big problem in my life at the minute"..

Bulld0g
7th May, 2010, 08:05 PM
Another rumor doing the rounds is that Mrs Benitez is a member of a local childrens cancer charity.. At a meeting the other night she broke down in tears and said she feared the good work the charity had started she would not get to see come to fruition as (i quote) "Juventus are a very big problem in my life at the minute"..

No doubt started by the same bluenose who started the "gerrard got a sixteen year old pregnant" or maybe the "Benitez house is up for sale and Mrs. Benitez is having a leaving party at her golf club"
These rumours are neverending and always full of shit, untill the final one is proven true ;)

boomer39
7th May, 2010, 10:46 PM
hi m8?s here in spain they are talking about stevie gerrard goes to MF real madrid ,henry goes to usa and rooney goes to real too ,torres goes to chelsea and higuain too.

anything true about that????
yes, mate. read it in the sun, but it causes hallucinations ...

pillapow
8th May, 2010, 12:14 PM

Some of these rumours are daft, If Gerrard and Torres do go.. God forbid.. Is there any way back for us?

thered
8th May, 2010, 02:28 PM
won the league in the sixties with lee bell and summerbee and 2nd in the seventies once or twice

yeh sorry my mistake i put it out wrong i meant it was there best PL finish to date i know they took our title in 68

thered
8th May, 2010, 02:42 PM
ok .this season, spurs..4th or even 3rd!! city..5th... one season!! where were they 2,3 4,5 seasons ago? have they improved that much??? we have had 1 bad season, in our terms, but ask the rest if they would be happy with 6/7th!!
everton were 4th in 2005 .. they've come a long way since then... not...
portsmouth are in the cup final! is that success???????????

progress to me is finishing higher in the league than you did the previous year

as the old saying goes the table never lies

cups are nice but that can be a bit of luck and a run of just a few games a season is a marathon of home and away fixtures where everything is equal

i think if you finished 6th one season and 4th the next you have made steady progress

if you finish 4th then 10th the next season you have gone downhill

IMO nothing to argue about its common sense

and thats me point too the REST of them may be happy with 6th or 7th but your LIVERPOOL not stoke or birminham

boomer39
8th May, 2010, 10:55 PM
progress to me is finishing higher in the league than you did the previous year

as the old saying goes the table never lies

cups are nice but that can be a bit of luck and a run of just a few games a season is a marathon of home and away fixtures where everything is equal

i think if you finished 6th one season and 4th the next you have made steady progress

if you finish 4th then 10th the next season you have gone downhill

IMO nothing to argue about its common sense

and thats me point too the REST of them may be happy with 6th or 7th but your LIVERPOOL not stoke or birminham
my point is that we have had 1 bad season for god knows how long.. are be destined for relegation now??? are spurs going to win the league,cl next season??? city have spent millions on average players and finished 5th.. progress is not based on 1,2 or even more years.. its on a long term basis... you of all people should know that.....

maca
9th May, 2010, 10:50 AM
last game of the season it could'nt come any sooner imo..

koppit
9th May, 2010, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=maca58;579951]last game of the season it could'nt come any sooner imo..[/QUOTE

depressing aint it

thered
9th May, 2010, 12:25 PM
my point is that we have had 1 bad season for god knows how long.. are be destined for relegation now??? are spurs going to win the league,cl next season??? city have spent millions on average players and finished 5th.. progress is not based on 1,2 or even more years.. its on a long term basis... you of all people should know that.....

different opinions we'l have to agree to disagree personally i dont think you have had what i would call a succesful season since 2005 which is the last time you won anything worthy of the term " a successful season"

lfc4life
9th May, 2010, 01:21 PM
last game of the season it could'nt come any sooner imo..

you are right man! Dress up any way you want we have had a piss poor season and its best i think if rafa moved on. And we started with a fresh start with someone who had some passion to ignite the team :)

steven644
9th May, 2010, 02:30 PM
Lets hope tonight we show, pride and courage too see us through too the Final :D

YNWA :)
lets have a win today against hull ynwa

lfc4life
9th May, 2010, 02:41 PM
BBC Sport - Football - Rangers' Danny Wilson to complete Liverpool transfer (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8669988.stm)

BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool 'have no reason to sell Torres & Gerrard' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8669039.stm)

lfc4life
9th May, 2010, 06:01 PM
sums up our season could not beat shitey hull

Bulld0g
9th May, 2010, 06:02 PM
sums up our season could not beat shitey hull

It was a typical nothing to play for end of season game. I half expected the result tbh sammy :(

boomer39
9th May, 2010, 06:21 PM
different opinions we'l have to agree to disagree personally i dont think you have had what i would call a succesful season since 2005 which is the last time you won anything worthy of the term " a successful season"
what about the fa cup in 2006? or does that not count? by your reasoning you have had a bad season.. only the lc to show!!

boomer39
9th May, 2010, 06:25 PM
It was a typical nothing to play for end of season game. I half expected the result tbh sammy :(
1st game i've not seen all season, could not get it on myp2p or any others but maybe a good job!!!!

Bulld0g
9th May, 2010, 06:26 PM
1st game i've not seen all season, could not get it on myp2p or any others but maybe a good job!!!!

Yea m8 trust me ,m8, you missed nothing

wongers
9th May, 2010, 07:12 PM

what does a bad season constitute, in my book not winning anything is a bad season so i think we've had more than one bad season in the last 10 years don't you? you can dress it up any way you like but if you don't win things and progress its no good thats what we've been doing for most of the last decade

opsmonkey
9th May, 2010, 08:42 PM
7th, 23 points off the winners.. not good enough.. glad the season is over.. promised so much this time last year..

Time to go Benitez.. Someone new to come refocus the players, play attacking football.. sell some dead wood..

boomer39
9th May, 2010, 09:21 PM
7th, 23 points off the winners.. not good enough.. glad the season is over.. promised so much this time last year..

Time to go Benitez.. Someone new to come refocus the players, play attacking football.. sell some dead wood..
agree up to a point..but as you said.. this time last year!!
if rafa goes, who do you seriously think could improve us??my choice, if i had to make one, would be kenny and rushie...!! but maybe i'm being wishful... what a combo they were......
also... regardless of what happens,,,,,"the king is dead.. long live the king"!!!!! lfc for LIFE.. bring on august!!!!

pillapow
9th May, 2010, 09:24 PM
Congrats to Chelsea and what a terrible display of security from Hull.

thered
10th May, 2010, 07:57 AM
what about the fa cup in 2006? or does that not count? by your reasoning you have had a bad season.. only the lc to show!!

used to be a decent trophy its not much better than the league cup these days even the 5hit sides put second teams out to try and stay in the PL

partly our fault for not even entering to defend it in 2000 when we entered that daft cup which IMO we should not have even entered

and a league cup win is a bad season as i have said many times its a mickey mouse cup

Bulld0g
10th May, 2010, 08:04 AM
Theres only two cups you can win.The fa cup is the biggest by far. If you dismiss this completely then you might as well just play league football.

How valuable is the prem really ? The be all and end all is qualifying for the Champions league and , you don't have to win to do that.Just finish in the top four.

boomer39
10th May, 2010, 10:20 AM
Theres only two cups you can win.The fa cup is the biggest by far. If you dismiss this completely then you might as well just play league football.

How valuable is the prem really ? The be all and end all is qualifying for the Champions league and , you don't have to win to do that.Just finish in the top four.
what i have been saying for years.. winning the league is NOT as important as it used to be because of the champions league set up( tho' still desperate to win it). how many champ league winners were champs of their own league the previous season?
i think in the last 12 years only been 5!!

thered
10th May, 2010, 11:19 AM

i agree to a point and its sad the way its gone because the fa cup was a big thing

but its lost its way and managers rest players for other competitions and even premier league games

PL and CL is all that matters to the big clubs these days so they prioritise which is why sadly IMO the fa cup has lost its sparkle and is not a major trophy anymore

boomer39
10th May, 2010, 12:14 PM
i agree to a point and its sad the way its gone because the fa cup was a big thing

but its lost its way and managers rest players for other competitions and even premier league games

PL and CL is all that matters to the big clubs these days so they prioritise which is why sadly IMO the fa cup has lost its sparkle and is not a major trophy anymore
exactly mate, if portsmouth happen to beat chelsea next week, think the only "big" team bothered will be chelsea!!!

koppit
11th May, 2010, 05:24 PM
with the exception of the premier league and chapions league, every trophy has little value to the top four teams simply because of the financial rewards involved. it doesn't matter how the fans feel. money talks

pillapow
11th May, 2010, 06:27 PM
So is it safe for me to buy the new shirt with "Torres" on the back yet? Alls i have seen is "Gerrards" :)

Bulld0g
11th May, 2010, 06:29 PM
So is it safe for me to buy the new shirt with "Torres" on the back yet? Alls i have seen is "Gerrards" :)

I just bought two kits for my grandkids and played it safe. Stayed away from both of those names lol

pillapow
11th May, 2010, 06:47 PM
Fair play but i want Torres!!! Gonna wait..

wongers
11th May, 2010, 06:54 PM

buy the shirt but don't put any name on you can always go back when you know whats happening and get the name on then ,it's not going to cost you any more

wongers
11th May, 2010, 06:59 PM
I just bought two kits for my grandkids and played it safe. Stayed away from both of those names lol

lucas on both then:laugh:

Bulld0g
11th May, 2010, 06:59 PM
Lucas and Kuyt actually :roflmao:

wongers
11th May, 2010, 07:12 PM
Lucas and Kuyt actually :roflmao:

thats saved you a few bob at 50p a letter

mropi
11th May, 2010, 07:15 PM
Henry has been quoted as sayin he would not return to arsenal and only other team being liverpool

Bulld0g
11th May, 2010, 07:16 PM
thats saved you a few bob at 50p a letter

No it was free from JB sports with the shirt ;) Only kidding about Lucas and Kuyt. I don't want to mentally scar my grandkids :roflmao:

wongers
11th May, 2010, 07:20 PM
No it was free from JB sports with the shirt ;) Only kidding about Lucas and Kuyt. I don't want to mentally scar my grandkids :roflmao:

why not i'm mentally scarred with watching the b*stards its gonna come to them sooner or later

Bulld0g
11th May, 2010, 07:21 PM
Ahahaha yea your right m8 lol

pillapow
12th May, 2010, 10:58 PM
Chinese Tycoon interested in the club has held provisional talks with barclays somewhat or other. Also well done to Fulham, Played a great game.

wongers
13th May, 2010, 07:09 PM
Chinese Tycoon interested in the club has held provisional talks with barclays somewhat or other. Also well done to Fulham, Played a great game.

so called chinese tycoon went straight to the press to tell them he had alledgedlly held talks with liverpool f.c. anybody who goes to the press before the deal is done is full of sh*t and has no credability once again don't believe all you read in the press this story came and went in one day

pillapow
13th May, 2010, 08:40 PM
so called chinese tycoon went straight to the press to tell them he had alledgedlly held talks with liverpool f.c. anybody who goes to the press before the deal is done is full of sh*t and has no credability once again don't believe all you read in the press this story came and went in one day

I know, Its all bullshit, Heard the latest? Spurs and liverpool to do a swap, Pavluchanko for Banayoun, According to the daily mail.

wongers
14th May, 2010, 06:42 PM
I know, Its all bullshit, Heard the latest? Spurs and liverpool to do a swap, Pavluchanko for Banayoun, According to the daily mail.

there you go i rest my case m'lord

Bulld0g
14th May, 2010, 06:49 PM
It's crap when the seasons over :( Roll on next season. I have a moan, and probably will always find something to moan about ;) but i miss the Reds already.
I suppose it happens when your in love. You take a lot of shit but the love is too strong to walk away from. Tomorrow's another day ;)

pillapow
14th May, 2010, 11:26 PM
Roll on the World Cup..... I hope Carragher gets picked, What a solid defence we would have.

opsmonkey
14th May, 2010, 11:37 PM
I received this email today.. makes very worrying reading whatever side of the managerial fence you sit.. It's pretty big but stick with it..

The State of Liverpool FC ? An Idiots Guide

While "senior sources" at the club (Christan Purslow) try to facilitate a smear campaign against the manager, pretend everything is rosy at the club and briefs the press to headline the Rick Parry pay off on the day the club's financial's are tactically released on election results day; here's what's really going on at Liverpool Football Club:

Figures released on Friday 8th May 2010 indicate that Liverpool FC is in net debt to the tune of ?351m; an increase of ?52m from last year?s figure.

A total of ?233.996m is owed to RBS, in addition to an inter-company loan of ?144.441m owed to ?Kop Cayman?; a company owned by Gillett and Hicks based in the Cayman Island for tax reasons; a company that have loaned Liverpool FC ?144.441m at an interest rate of 10%. This is the ?own money? that Gillett and Hicks claim to have put into the club. In reality, they?re just charging the club 10% interest for lending that money through an offshore limited liability company that they aren?t even personally liable for ? Liverpool FC are.

Liverpool FC are not paying the interest off on that ?144.4m however. It is being charged as a ?compound interest?, meaning the interest isn?t paid, but is instead ?rolled up? to the grand total. For example, this year (if I?ve got this right):

?144.4m @ 10% interest = ?14.44m payable this year.

Instead of paying that ?14.44m, it is rolled onto the total making the outstanding debt owed to Kop Cayman ?158.88m. The following year this is then charged at a further 10% interest:

?158.88m @ 10% interest = ?15.88m payable next year.

Instead of paying that ?15.88m, it is rolled onto the total making the outstanding debt owed to Kop Cayman ?174.76m. The following year this is then charged at a further 10% interest:

?174.76m @ 10% interest = ?17.76m payable next year.

Instead of paying that ?17.76m, it is rolled onto the total making the outstanding debt owed to Kop Cayman ?192.52m etc etc etc...

The debt soon spirals out of control, as you can see; and don?t forget, this only concerns the ?144.4m owed to Gillett and Hick?s Cayman Islands company ? it doesn?t concern the huge ?234m owed to RBS.

The financial figures released last week are for the 2008/09 season.

Those figures declare the club made a loss of around ?52m for that year, due to the interest repayments on the loans and another ?22m spent on the new ground; on what that was spent on we have no idea. There?s nothing to show for it anyway ? and the total spend on the new ground now exceeds ?50m. To put that into perspective ? Sunderland managed to build the 48,000 seat Stadium of Light for a lot less than that. We have a few fences up at the back of the Anfield Road End!

Anyway ? we made a loss of ?52m that year despite finishing 2nd in the league and reaching the latter stages of the Champions League. The accounts also declared a profit made on player transfers (despite Purslow telling us we don?t need to sell players to balance the books and service debt, and Rafa being accused of wasting millions on players ? the accounts prove otherwise).

What are next year?s figures (which will reflect the financial state we?re in today) going to look like with a 7th place league finish and an early elimination from the Champions League? We will also have an increased debt to service as explained above.

Then what about the figures for the next financial year when there?s no Champions League money at all coming in?

While the current owners are in place, we are going to continue to fall further and further into debt. We cannot meet the repayments on the loan as it stands now, and with our revenue due to fall with the lack of Champions League football, we?re on the brink of going into administration.

Anyone with hopes of making any signings in the summer or any future transfer windows needs a reality check. We are going to be very lucky to hold onto the players we?ve got, never mind being able to bring anybody else in.

Gerrard and Torres don?t want to leave because they don?t like the manager (Purslow is feeding this story to the media to whip up the ?Rafa Out campaign?); they want to leave as they know there is zero chance of any new players of any quality arriving at the club in its current state. They also know there?s zero chance of any top class manager coming to the club if Benitez decides to walk or is pushed; no manager worth his salt would come to work at the club under these conditions. They know the club is only going one way.

Until Gillett and Hicks are removed from the club, we?re only going to decline. It really is as simple as that. Nothing else matters.

And remember ? these debts haven?t been accumulated through overspending in trying to buy success and compete like was the case at Portsmouth, Leeds and various other clubs ? they are entirely generated through debt loaded onto the club just so Gillett and Hicks can own us and bleed us dry with expense claims, management fees, arrangement fees for every refinance deal and wasting over ?50m of the club?s money on a non-existent new stadium.

This isn?t the result of bad individual club management as Richard Scudamore of The Premier League claims; it is the result of a leveraged buyout that has loaded the cost of buying the club onto the club to repay. Something The Premier League, The FA, UEFA and FIFA should be doing everything in their power to prevent ever happening again.

2007: ?44m debt (?3m per year to service)
2008: ?350m debt (?36.5m per year to service)
2009: ?378m debt (?40m per year to service)
2010: ???

Those are the levels of debt on the club, with it being only ?44m before Gillett and Hicks bought the club. Therefore the club?s profits were able to be invested back into the squad, allowing us to compete on the pitch. We?re now crippled by debts we cannot service, when that ?40m leaving the club each year in interest repayments should be being spent on new players.

?76.5m has left the club in interest repayments alone in the past 2 years ? and in that time ? the manager has not spent a single penny on new players. It?s been a sell to buy policy, with profits being made on transfers in the past few transfer windows as the books needed to be balanced; all while the clubs around us are spending to strengthen. How can we be expected to compete under those conditions?

The debt is growing with every passing day. As a result of the lack of investment in the squad (as well as bad luck with injuries / poor decisions / players out of form etc), we?re paying the price on the field with declining performances which will therefore reduce the club?s revenue even further ? giving us even less money to service increasing debts. A vicious circle. It?s unsustainable.

Liverpool FC is paying ?110,000 every single day in interest repayments to service a debt we should never have in the first place. That?s ?110,000 a day of the club?s money that me and you generate, that we should be seeing spent on new players or developing the club; instead ? we are standing back and watching the club being raped in front of our very eyes.

YANKS OUT!

chang
15th May, 2010, 12:38 AM
oh yes. thanks

lfc4life
15th May, 2010, 04:46 PM
I received this email today.. makes very worrying reading whatever side of the managerial fence you sit.. It's pretty big but stick with it..

The State of Liverpool FC – An Idiots Guide

While "senior sources" at the club (Christan Purslow) try to facilitate a smear campaign against the manager, pretend everything is rosy at the club and briefs the press to headline the Rick Parry pay off on the day the club's financial's are tactically released on election results day; here's what's really going on at Liverpool Football Club:

Figures released on Friday 8th May 2010 indicate that Liverpool FC is in net debt to the tune of ?351m; an increase of ?52m from last year’s figure.

A total of ?233.996m is owed to RBS, in addition to an inter-company loan of ?144.441m owed to “Kop Cayman”; a company owned by Gillett and Hicks based in the Cayman Island for tax reasons; a company that have loaned Liverpool FC ?144.441m at an interest rate of 10%. This is the “own money” that Gillett and Hicks claim to have put into the club. In reality, they’re just charging the club 10% interest for lending that money through an offshore limited liability company that they aren’t even personally liable for – Liverpool FC are.

Liverpool FC are not paying the interest off on that ?144.4m however. It is being charged as a “compound interest”, meaning the interest isn’t paid, but is instead “rolled up” to the grand total. For example, this year (if I’ve got this right):

Instead of paying that ?14.44m, it is rolled onto the total making the outstanding debt owed to Kop Cayman ?158.88m. The following year this is then charged at a further 10% interest:

Instead of paying that ?15.88m, it is rolled onto the total making the outstanding debt owed to Kop Cayman ?174.76m. The following year this is then charged at a further 10% interest:

Instead of paying that ?17.76m, it is rolled onto the total making the outstanding debt owed to Kop Cayman ?192.52m etc etc etc...

The debt soon spirals out of control, as you can see; and don’t forget, this only concerns the ?144.4m owed to Gillett and Hick’s Cayman Islands company – it doesn’t concern the huge ?234m owed to RBS.

Those figures declare the club made a loss of around ?52m for that year, due to the interest repayments on the loans and another ?22m spent on the new ground; on what that was spent on we have no idea. There’s nothing to show for it anyway – and the total spend on the new ground now exceeds ?50m. To put that into perspective – Sunderland managed to build the 48,000 seat Stadium of Light for a lot less than that. We have a few fences up at the back of the Anfield Road End!

Anyway – we made a loss of ?52m that year despite finishing 2nd in the league and reaching the latter stages of the Champions League. The accounts also declared a profit made on player transfers (despite Purslow telling us we don’t need to sell players to balance the books and service debt, and Rafa being accused of wasting millions on players – the accounts prove otherwise).

What are next year’s figures (which will reflect the financial state we’re in today) going to look like with a 7th place league finish and an early elimination from the Champions League? We will also have an increased debt to service as explained above.

Then what about the figures for the next financial year when there’s no Champions League money at all coming in?

While the current owners are in place, we are going to continue to fall further and further into debt. We cannot meet the repayments on the loan as it stands now, and with our revenue due to fall with the lack of Champions League football, we’re on the brink of going into administration.

Anyone with hopes of making any signings in the summer or any future transfer windows needs a reality check. We are going to be very lucky to hold onto the players we’ve got, never mind being able to bring anybody else in.

Gerrard and Torres don’t want to leave because they don’t like the manager (Purslow is feeding this story to the media to whip up the “Rafa Out campaign”); they want to leave as they know there is zero chance of any new players of any quality arriving at the club in its current state. They also know there’s zero chance of any top class manager coming to the club if Benitez decides to walk or is pushed; no manager worth his salt would come to work at the club under these conditions. They know the club is only going one way.

Until Gillett and Hicks are removed from the club, we’re only going to decline. It really is as simple as that. Nothing else matters.

And remember – these debts haven’t been accumulated through overspending in trying to buy success and compete like was the case at Portsmouth, Leeds and various other clubs – they are entirely generated through debt loaded onto the club just so Gillett and Hicks can own us and bleed us dry with expense claims, management fees, arrangement fees for every refinance deal and wasting over ?50m of the club’s money on a non-existent new stadium.

This isn’t the result of bad individual club management as Richard Scudamore of The Premier League claims; it is the result of a leveraged buyout that has loaded the cost of buying the club onto the club to repay. Something The Premier League, The FA, UEFA and FIFA should be doing everything in their power to prevent ever happening again.

Those are the levels of debt on the club, with it being only ?44m before Gillett and Hicks bought the club. Therefore the club’s profits were able to be invested back into the squad, allowing us to compete on the pitch. We’re now crippled by debts we cannot service, when that ?40m leaving the club each year in interest repayments should be being spent on new players.

?76.5m has left the club in interest repayments alone in the past 2 years – and in that time – the manager has not spent a single penny on new players. It’s been a sell to buy policy, with profits being made on transfers in the past few transfer windows as the books needed to be balanced; all while the clubs around us are spending to strengthen. How can we be expected to compete under those conditions?

The debt is growing with every passing day. As a result of the lack of investment in the squad (as well as bad luck with injuries / poor decisions / players out of form etc), we’re paying the price on the field with declining performances which will therefore reduce the club’s revenue even further – giving us even less money to service increasing debts. A vicious circle. It’s unsustainable.

Liverpool FC is paying ?110,000 every single day in interest repayments to service a debt we should never have in the first place. That’s ?110,000 a day of the club’s money that me and you generate, that we should be seeing spent on new players or developing the club; instead – we are standing back and watching the club being raped in front of our very eyes.

YANKS OUT!

And no one in there right mind will buy the club with that amount of debt and who can blame them!!!:banghead: AND the owners supposedly want too sell the club and not pay off any of that debt??? DREAM ON!

opsmonkey
15th May, 2010, 10:10 PM
Just came accross this story.. Heartbreaking.. The lad was only 22... Sleep well Besian x RIP

Former Liverpool starlet Besian Idrizaj dies after heart attack, aged 22 | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278672/Former-Liverpool-starlet-Besian-Idrizaj-dies-heart-attack-aged-22.html)

cloudnineuk54
15th May, 2010, 10:13 PM
Just came accross this story.. Heartbreaking.. The lad was only 22... Sleep well Besian x RIP

Former Liverpool starlet Besian Idrizaj dies after heart attack, aged 22 | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278672/Former-Liverpool-starlet-Besian-Idrizaj-dies-heart-attack-aged-22.html)

so sad life can be so cruel at times,rip

koppit
16th May, 2010, 01:33 PM
gillet and hicks will be pushed out by rbs when they call in the loan,The EU’s top competition enforcer, Neelie Kroes, warned that if the bank failed to meet 2013 targets to restore healthy, natural order to its balance sheet, her successor Joaquin Almunia would not hesitate to take fresh action.g+h have cooked the books so that they cant faill to make a profit

wongers
16th May, 2010, 05:38 PM
unconfirmed reports coming in are suggesting that due to the political precedent being set at westminster with the tories and the lib dems man utd are asking the f.a.can they combine their league points with hull city and declare themselves champions

thered
16th May, 2010, 07:37 PM
unconfirmed reports coming in are suggesting that due to the political precedent being set at westminster with the tories and the lib dems man utd are asking the f.a.can they combine their league points with hull city and declare themselves champions

lol and why not

thered
16th May, 2010, 07:50 PM

The State of Liverpool FC ? An Idiots Guide

Figures released on Friday 8th May 2010 indicate that Liverpool FC is in net debt to the tune of ?351m; an increase of ?52m from last year?s figure.

A total of ?233.996m is owed to RBS, in addition to an inter-company loan of ?144.441m owed to ?Kop Cayman?; a company owned by Gillett and Hicks based in the Cayman Island for tax reasons; a company that have loaned Liverpool FC ?144.441m at an interest rate of 10%. This is the ?own money? that Gillett and Hicks claim to have put into the club. In reality, they?re just charging the club 10% interest for lending that money through an offshore limited liability company that they aren?t even personally liable for ? Liverpool FC are.

Liverpool FC are not paying the interest off on that ?144.4m however. It is being charged as a ?compound interest?, meaning the interest isn?t paid, but is instead ?rolled up? to the grand total. For example, this year (if I?ve got this right):

The debt soon spirals out of control, as you can see; and don?t forget, this only concerns the ?144.4m owed to Gillett and Hick?s Cayman Islands company ? it doesn?t concern the huge ?234m owed to RBS.

Those figures declare the club made a loss of around ?52m for that year, due to the interest repayments on the loans and another ?22m spent on the new ground; on what that was spent on we have no idea. There?s nothing to show for it anyway ? and the total spend on the new ground now exceeds ?50m. To put that into perspective ? Sunderland managed to build the 48,000 seat Stadium of Light for a lot less than that. We have a few fences up at the back of the Anfield Road End!

Anyway ? we made a loss of ?52m that year despite finishing 2nd in the league and reaching the latter stages of the Champions League. The accounts also declared a profit made on player transfers (despite Purslow telling us we don?t need to sell players to balance the books and service debt, and Rafa being accused of wasting millions on players ? the accounts prove otherwise).

What are next year?s figures (which will reflect the financial state we?re in today) going to look like with a 7th place league finish and an early elimination from the Champions League? We will also have an increased debt to service as explained above.

Then what about the figures for the next financial year when there?s no Champions League money at all coming in?

While the current owners are in place, we are going to continue to fall further and further into debt. We cannot meet the repayments on the loan as it stands now, and with our revenue due to fall with the lack of Champions League football, we?re on the brink of going into administration.

Anyone with hopes of making any signings in the summer or any future transfer windows needs a reality check. We are going to be very lucky to hold onto the players we?ve got, never mind being able to bring anybody else in.

Gerrard and Torres don?t want to leave because they don?t like the manager (Purslow is feeding this story to the media to whip up the ?Rafa Out campaign?); they want to leave as they know there is zero chance of any new players of any quality arriving at the club in its current state. They also know there?s zero chance of any top class manager coming to the club if Benitez decides to walk or is pushed; no manager worth his salt would come to work at the club under these conditions. They know the club is only going one way.

Until Gillett and Hicks are removed from the club, we?re only going to decline. It really is as simple as that. Nothing else matters.

And remember ? these debts haven?t been accumulated through overspending in trying to buy success and compete like was the case at Portsmouth, Leeds and various other clubs ? they are entirely generated through debt loaded onto the club just so Gillett and Hicks can own us and bleed us dry with expense claims, management fees, arrangement fees for every refinance deal and wasting over ?50m of the club?s money on a non-existent new stadium.

This isn?t the result of bad individual club management as Richard Scudamore of The Premier League claims; it is the result of a leveraged buyout that has loaded the cost of buying the club onto the club to repay. Something The Premier League, The FA, UEFA and FIFA should be doing everything in their power to prevent ever happening again.

Those are the levels of debt on the club, with it being only ?44m before Gillett and Hicks bought the club. Therefore the club?s profits were able to be invested back into the squad, allowing us to compete on the pitch. We?re now crippled by debts we cannot service, when that ?40m leaving the club each year in interest repayments should be being spent on new players.

?76.5m has left the club in interest repayments alone in the past 2 years ? and in that time ? the manager has not spent a single penny on new players. It?s been a sell to buy policy, with profits being made on transfers in the past few transfer windows as the books needed to be balanced; all while the clubs around us are spending to strengthen. How can we be expected to compete under those conditions?

The debt is growing with every passing day. As a result of the lack of investment in the squad (as well as bad luck with injuries / poor decisions / players out of form etc), we?re paying the price on the field with declining performances which will therefore reduce the club?s revenue even further ? giving us even less money to service increasing debts. A vicious circle. It?s unsustainable.

Liverpool FC is paying ?110,000 every single day in interest repayments to service a debt we should never have in the first place. That?s ?110,000 a day of the club?s money that me and you generate, that we should be seeing spent on new players or developing the club; instead ? we are standing back and watching the club being raped in front of our very eyes.

YANKS OUT!

interesting read seen as we are in what seems a very similar situation only with even bigger debts

i bet everyone who cried when SKY were gonna buy us are gutted now last count i heard was ?716 million in debt which is going onwards and upwards

so i am in totall agreement with you the yanks need forcing out the government blocked sky buying us and IMO they need to step in and at least if they cant do anything now make sure anything like this never happens again

wongers
17th May, 2010, 03:56 PM
on this theme have a look at the letter below its a bit long winded but stick with it its interesting not only for l.f.c. but all football clubs

Premier League Meeting
Wednesday 12th May 2010

The Spirit Of Shankly is to meet with representatives of the Premier League, including Chief Executive Richard Scudamore, this week to discuss the issues recently raised with them in our letter and email campaign (See letter below).

Thousands of our members emailed questions to them and underlined how their lack of regulation was continuing to have a negative impact on our football club. This forced the Premier League into listening to us, and the Union's Executive Committee has been invited to meet with them.

At the meeting we intend to ask the questions put in our email and letter campaign and in particular why past and present conduct in running other sporting Clubs has little relevance to the fit and proper test, why lies to the sellers of the Club and supporters have no relevance to the test and most importantly in light of the Premier League's own rules, what impact the last two sets of qualified accounts have had on Premier League governance rules.

Once the meeting has taken place we will report to our members so they can know exactly what has been discussed. We will do our best to get answers as to why the Premier League are continuing to allow the deteriorating situation at Liverpool, and ask them what they are doing about it.

We find their lack of regulation staggering, and we will urge them to prevent the situation arising again - We do not want another Tom and George, we want 'fit and proper' owners. After all, it's our football club, it's our game, and on behalf of our members we are going to have our say.

Our Letter to Premier League

Dear Premier League

The Spirit Of Shankly, the Liverpool Supporters Union, was set up following the growing anger and upset at how Tom Hicks and George Gillett were running our club, how they had reneged on the 'promises' made when purchasing our football club.

It is due to our present owners that I find myself contacting you now. Liverpool FC is a club rich in history and tradition with a legacy unrivalled around the world. Yet supporters, the true owners and custodians of the club, find themselves worrying about off the pitch matters, which a financially prudent business is supposed to manage, and those who run the game are meant to regulate.

Please cast your mind back to February 2007, when Tom Hicks and George Gillett took charge of Liverpool Football Club, presumably they will have been subject to the Premier League's 'Fit and Proper' persons test. Just what exactly were Tom Hicks and George Gillett asked at the time? What checks were made about their background and suitability to own our Club? Are they 'Fit and Proper' when the following are considered:

•Tom Hicks' past dealing with the Brazilian club Corinthians. His involvement at Corinthians, as part of Hicks Muse Tate Furst's partnership with the club, is what many of Corinthians fans blame for their subsequent financial problems. Tom Hicks said “We all collectively take guilt for bad decisions’’. Banners at Anfield today ask for Tom Hicks to leave the club, something Corinthians fans were asking many years ago (http://www.fiel-salvador.hpg.com.br/Monica_Zarattini_AE.jpg). Why did the Premier League not know of this, nor learn a lesson from his previous enterprises?
•Hicks Sports Group, Tom Hicks' company which owns the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars defaulted on $525m worth of loans last year which resulted in the Texas Rangers having to seek a loan from Major League Baseball (governing body for the sport).
•Both Hicks and Gillett have been made bankrupt on several occasions. Should their track records not set alarm bells ringing?
•Four days after the Hicks and Gillett takeover, former employees of Viasystems Tyneside Ltd protested at the Newcastle v Liverpool game. They have yet to be paid redundancy money they were promised. Viasystems Tyneside, controlled by Viasystems Group has a chairman we all know - Tom Hicks.
•Tom Hicks at the time of the takeover at LFC stated - "This is not a takeover like the Glazer deal at Manchester United. There is no debt involved, and we believe that as custodians of this wonderful, storied club we have a duty of care to the tradition and legacies of Liverpool." The takeover is in fact identical to that of the Glazers at Manchester United. Do lies to supporters and those selling the Club have no implications for governance by the Premier League?
•George Gillett at the time of the takeover at LFC stated - "The shovel needs to be in the ground in the next 60 days or so, and we would intend to follow that. I think you'll see the beginnings of a great big swimming pool being dug out here in Stanley Park relatively soon". This was over three years ago now, and we are still now, no nearer to a swimming pool, let alone a new stadium.
•The debt on LFC is now at a staggering height. Before Tom Hicks and George Gillett the Club had a debt of ?44 million. Within months, this had risen to ?350 million and it currently stands at ?237 million. The hollow promise of no debt is only beaten by the lack of regulation or protection given by the Premier League.

The result of Premier League inaction and negligence is that the Royal Bank of Scotland has made an express requirement that the Club reduce the debt by ?100 million forthwith. As a result, LFC finds itself hawking for investment, threatened with action from its bankers if the debt is not reduced. What is the Premier League doing about protecting one of its most prominent members?

It is Liverpool Football Club's current predicament and the Premier League's criminal silence on these issues that has prompted me to contact you. Liverpool Football Club now finds itself being 'touted' around looking for someone to come in and pay down the debt with a ?100 million investment. So far one bid has been submitted from the Rhone group and with the deadline for offers fast approaching. We may find ourselves forced into inappropriate investment, rather than finding suitable investment.

I demand that the Premier League conduct a vigorous 'fit and proper' person’s test of any new investor, considering they are expected to take a controlling stake.

I demand that subsequently you regulate in a much more vigorous way to ensure that any future investor keep any promises to protect all football clubs and the game that you regulate through binding undertakings to be given to the Premier League.

For instance, if it is the Rhone group who are to take a controlling stake in our Club, I would ask that you take account of the following:

•As part of their involvement at the clothing company, Quiksilver, Rhone loaned Quiksilver $150m at an interest rate of 15% (7.5% of this being payable in kind (PiK)). All for a possible return of 20% of the company's shares as well. Do you consider that the terms of any investment has any relevance to any the decision of them being considered 'fit and proper' to run a football club?
•John Muse (of "Hicks Muse Tate Furst" and also blamed for the demise of Corinthians) is believed to be involved. How would such a person pass a 'fit and proper' persons test?
•As a Hedge Fund, Rhone work with other people's money. How does this fit with the role you have to regulate who is "fit and proper" to control a Premier League football club? Will you be asking for the identities of those whose money is being used? After all, anyone can front money, but not make the decisions.

Supporters are rightly concerned. Spirit Of Shankly sent several questions to Christian Purslow, Managing Director at LFC about the proposed investment. Two weeks on, there has been no response, just more worry with newspaper headlines speculating on my club's future. Why are fans having to ask these questions, and fight to protect their club rather than you, the powers that be?

We are not the only club suffering from owners with broken promises, poor finances, or outright liars in charge. What we want to be, is the last.

The Premier League, with its interest in protecting its brand, and being "ownership neutral" is damaging the game. The supporters, like myself, who make this game what it is, are unhappy. Will you listen? Will you answer our questions? I would ask that you do, as if not, our fight and our protests will come to your door.

Ask yourself this - If you don't act now, what brand will you be selling when clubs are bankrupt, fans have walked away and the game lies in tatters?

Yours sincerely

Spirit Of Shankly

> Back to the main Union news page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lets hope the people with power take note

rapscallion
19th May, 2010, 05:27 PM
First this
Liverpool fans need to demonstrate the Spirit of Shankly to show potential owners how great the club is

By David Maddock
Published 16:05 18/05/10

"Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies." - W. L. George.

There is a civil war going on at Anfield at the moment, which has caused fan to fight against fan.

Take a look at some of the posts after this column if you don?t believe me, or look at the excellent Liverpool fans? website ?The Liverpool Way?, where you will see raging arguments between people who hold one thing in common: they love the club.

They say that truth is the first casualty of war, and that is certainly the case in the bickering and infighting that is going on at Anfield right now, as the fans try to outdo each other over their stated preferences.

Every single ?truth? is twisted to meet the individual arguments of the opponents, and the tragedy is that the common sense of purpose that should bind the fans together - against the wicked act that is being carried out on their club - is lost.

Last week, in this column, I wrote about the need ? the desperate need ? for Liverpool Football Club to be sold, to stop this famous, mighty, historic club falling into a fatal state of disrepair.

Why Liverpool fans must hold their noses and bite their tongues if they want rid of Hicks and Gillett

With depressing predictability, those words were twisted and misinterpreted to fit the perceptions of different people.

Some even suggested that I was arguing for an end to the protests aimed at highlighting the state of Anfield finances, and maintaining the pressure on the American owners to leave. Utter nonsense.

The last thing Liverpool fans should be doing right now is letting the Americans off the hook. Click on the link above to my column of last week to find out why Liverpool can never move forward under the financial restraints of their ownership.

They need new owners to get out of this dire mess, and the fans should protest as loud as possible to ensure that Tom Hicks and George Gillett know that, to ensure that there is no chance they will ever stay.

But what I did say, was that it would be a disaster ? perhaps terminal ? if they do stay, and so Liverpool fans MUST ensure they do nothing to extend what has already been one of the most disgusting ownerships in football?s murky history.

The Americans have backing from the banks ? potentially ? for another three years, and if they stay for that long, then there will be little left of the club as we know, given the current rate of growth of debts, year on year.

What is needed now is for everyone to come together, the fans and everyone at the club, to ensure that the Americans can?t extend their tenure any longer.

Protests are required to remind Hicks and Gillett that they will never now be welcome at Anfield, and they should get out as soon as possible. But at the same time, steps must be taken to ensure that the infighting which makes Liverpool look such an unattractive buy has to stop.

It is essential Liverpool find new owners, and the money required to even keep Liverpool afloat now, never mind take them forward, is so high that there are only very few people in the world rich enough to do it. The danger is that all the fighting will reduce that small number even further.

The tragedy is that just about every single fan now realises the mess Liverpool are in, having to pay interest on debts incurred when the owners bought the club. In essence, the interest is paying for their ownership.

It is crippling the club, it is stopping the new stadium ? the key to future health and expansion ? being built, and yet the fans, the club officials and the management can?t stop fighting each other long enough to stand all together against it.

There has been a campaign for some time by a group of fans, who call themselves the Spirit of Shankly, who have fought hard against the damage being done to Liverpool Football Club by the American owners, often alone.

The tragedy is that they represent only a tiny minority of all Liverpool fans. And yet when you look at their message on their website, all fans should be subscribing to their particular view on the ownership issue.

All fans should be uniting together with the Spirit of Shankly, with the spirit of Liverpool?s great history, to ensure not just that the Americans go, but also that the new owners realise just what a great, great club Liverpool truly is.

rapscallion
19th May, 2010, 05:28 PM
Dear Tom and George... do you realise this is the most important summer in Liverpool's history?
By Ian Cruise in Mirror Football Blog

Published 13:10 19/05/10

The Daily Mirror's Merseyside Correspondent, David Maddock, writes an open letter to George Gillett and Tom Hicks, the owners of Liverpool Football Club....

Dear messrs Hicks and Gillett,

I am writing to ask a simple question of you both. Namely, do you realise that this is quite possibly the single most important summer in the history of Liverpool Football Club?

By now, I know you are aware that you have presided over a financial disaster at the English soccer ?franchise? you purchased with much bravado in 2007. No doubt you will blame the global credit crunch and the collapse of the financial markets for your problems, but the simple fact remains that you are unable to put into place the plans you had for the club.

That is why you are selling. The level of interest payments now placed on the club is so crippling that there is no profit left over to fund the development necessary to increase the value of your investment.

You can not build a stadium. You can not even buy marquee players to extend the image of your brand across the developing markets of South East Asia and the Americas. So you are left with a brand that maintains the potential which prompted you to buy it, but without the means to realise that potential.

So you are selling up, you are getting out; you have saddled up the steed and are preparing to hit the trail. Those troublesome fans ? the little people you had banked on exploiting - have made life uncomfortable for you, they have made you unwelcome at your own franchise. They have exposed your plans for what they are: the pursuit of corporate profit.

But that is not the reason you are going. You can live with being hated from 5,000 miles away if it means making more profit. You are going because you feel you can not make any more profit.

Your plan was to tart the property up, making it infinitely more valuable, and then sell it for considerably more than you paid. But the banking collapse put paid to those plans, the banks are continually squeezing your line of credit, and you don?t have the money to make the improvements.

So you will sell it half renovated. You?ll bang on about the huge potential, the opportunity to cash in on a massive global fan base, and you?ll even chuck in some flashy plans for an extension, that will be worth more than it costs to build.

One problem though. This summer. The most important summer in the history of Liverpool Football Club. Because the way you are going, at the end of this summer, your ?property with great development potential? could be worth diddly squat.

Already you are carrying ?350million worth of debt that is growing by the day, and that is even before a disappointing season where failure to qualify for the Champions League will have a massive impact on financial performance. Already, interest payments are wiping out any operating profits the company makes.

But you?ve got even bigger problems ahead, because the whole point of football as a business is that financial performance is intrinsically linked to playing performance. Stop winning on the pitch, and you risk the complete collapse of your brand.

And there is a very real risk of that now. The news that Cesc Fabregas wants out of Arsenal because he feels they can?t compete with the biggest clubs should have the alarm bells screaming for you.

If he feels that about Arsenal ? a club in exponentially better financial health than yours ? then what about Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard? They are your only marquee players, the only faces that sell merchandising in Asia, they are the assets your brand is built on. And they must surely want to leave.

You haven?t invested in the team for two years. You have allowed a situation to grow where the players are no longer all together in the dressing room, and are no longer all behind their manager either.

You have created a situation where your best two players, the key figures in the immediate future of your brand, feel that Liverpool are a hopeless case. No Champions League football, no investment, no direction, just muddling along without any response to the disasters of the last campaign.

And what have you done about it? Nothing. You are sitting and fiddling while Anfield burns, presumably because you think that if you sit tight and don?t get involved, then the banks you have appointed to sell the club will get on and do the job, and deliver you a big fat cheque.

The season ended two weeks ago. It was Liverpool?s worst season in a decade. The problems at the club seem worse now than they have done in 50 years. You have political infighting between board and manager, between manager and players, and even between the fans.

And what do you do? Nothing. No addressing the infighting. No addressing the lack of investment. No addressing the fears of the players. No addressing the unrest in the dressing room. No promises to manager or players. So what do you expect will happen?

Everything will sort itself out, everyone will stay put and get along, and the personnel who weren?t good enough last season will suddenly be transformed ? without any additions ? into champions this time around? Dream on.

What will happen is that Gerrard and Torres will leave. And so will Mascherano and Benayoun. And probably anybody else who is good enough to want better than the nonsense you are offering them.

And then what? Your manager may remain, and you may give him some of the funds that will be raised from the sale of your best players (though no doubt much of it will go towards reducing the crippling debt).

But do you have any faith that those world class players can be replaced adequately? Do you really believe that you can start again and build a completely new side when your best players leave in July?

What will you get then anyway, in July, when everyone else has bought the best players? And what sort of player will you attract to a club that the likes of Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres have deemed is a basket case?

Look at the last few seasons and you?ll see the type of player that is prepared to come to Anfield under your regime. You?ll have a team stuffed full of Degens, Dossenas, Aquilanis, Babels and Voronins.

You were already seventh, almost mid-table anyway. So where will that leave you? Lower mid-table? Relegation scrappers? And all the time the debt will be growing, the loyal fans will be rebelling, and the emerging markets will be switching their fragile allegiances to other more attractive franchises.

Do you think Liverpool will be worth the crazy figures you are asking then? Do you think you?ll make a profit then? Do you think your plans to ride off into the sunset with a big, fat cheque will still be viable?

Of course, not one Liverpool fan gives a stuff about your big fat cheque, and every single one of them would love to see you lose money on your investment to teach you the lesson that football clubs are not simply a brand to be milked for corporate profit.

But every single one of those fans cares passionately about their club, because for them, it is more than just a product. And they care about the state you will leave Liverpool in, because the way you are going there could be nothing left of the club after the most important summer in Anfield history.

If that happens, you won?t just have Liverpool fans to answer to. If you destroy an icon of British sporting history, an icon of British social and cultural history, then you will have most of a nation to answer to.

Bear that in mind as you sit there, fiddling while Anfield burns. But bear in mind, too, the one thing that clearly means so much to you ? money ? could be slipping through your fingers as your inaction runs Liverpool into the ground this summer.

If you don?t want your investment to turn to dust ? and just look at English football history to see what happens to clubs that go into terminal decline ? then you have to act now.

You need first of all to stop Torres and Gerrard following the example of Fabregas. To do that, you need to give them hope for the future, which means investment in the future.

You need a new broom to get rid of the despair of last season and see it replaced with excitement for the coming one. Only money can achieve that, because you need to invest in the best talent available ? to attract world class talent at all levels of your club.

And it needs to happen now. Not in July, but now. You have days, not months, to persuade your best players to stay, and only a massive gesture can do that. Only a massive investment can do that.

It is risky sure, because it means borrowing even more money, given that you won?t invest any of your own cash. But it is worth the risk. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

This is the most important summer in Liverpool?s history. If you get it wrong, as you have done for the past three years, then your investment will be worth nothing. You have to act decisively, and then you have to leave. As quickly as possible. And don?t bother shutting the door on your way out.

Yours truly,

David

wambo13
19th May, 2010, 05:46 PM
I totally agree with you about these damn yanks,they should never been allowed to buy our club.Investment is what we need and pretty quickly..

Bulld0g
19th May, 2010, 05:49 PM
If he feels that about Arsenal ? a club in exponentially better financial health than yours ? then what about Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard? They are your only marquee players, the only faces that sell merchandising in Asia, they are the assets your brand is built on. And they must surely want to leave.

You haven?t invested in the team for two years. You have allowed a situation to grow where the players are no longer all together in the dressing room, and are no longer all behind their manager either.

Yep typical Daily Manc. WHY would they SURELY want to leave ?

No investment in Two years ? Keane 19m Aqualani 20m Johnson 18m Skrtel 6m Dossena 7m and Riera 8m, plus the usual batch of players for between one and 3 million, not bad for a club with no money to buy players.

I wonder what player told him that the dressing room is split, and the players are no longer behind the manager ?

TBH this is the kind of shite i'm expecting to hear from the papers in the close season :boring:

Bulld0g
19th May, 2010, 05:51 PM
Parry and Moores were greedy. They could have sold to DIC but changed to the Yanks because they would make more money out of the deal.

These two are equally as bad as the yanks IMO

rapscallion
19th May, 2010, 09:22 PM
Yep typical Daily Manc. WHY would they SURELY want to leave ?

No investment in Two years ? Keane 19m Aqualani 20m Johnson 18m Skrtel 6m Dossena 7m and Riera 8m, plus the usual batch of players for between one and 3 million, not bad for a club with no money to buy players.

I wonder what player told him that the dressing room is split, and the players are no longer behind the manager ?

TBH this is the kind of shite i'm expecting to hear from the papers in the close season :boring:
Mainly because we have ~~~~ all chance in competing.That is why Gerrard and Torres may go
Investment means spending more that you are selling. It is exactly what SOS have been saying for 2 years, finally The Mirror jump on the bandwagon.
Everything he has put is what most of our fans are sh1t scared off and how vast numbers feel. Have a look on RAWK have a look on the Rattler(raotl.co.uk) Shanklygates, in fact more or less any Reds forums to see that most of us agrre with what Maddocks is saying in general. He maybe a cnut and he maybe CP lapdog but he has it spot on in 98 % of both articles.

Bulld0g
19th May, 2010, 09:36 PM
I go on all those forums and more. I am a lurker on alll, but familiar with all the main posters. I'm sorry but i disagree with what your saying. So, SOS think the yanks should go ? I am 100% in agreement with that.

To blame them for everything ,and back Benitez,regardless of what is happening ON the pitch is blind. I don't follow blindly. i form, and stick by my own opinions .

My love for the club is echoed by 40 years supporting them. It's difficult times for the fans, and as quoted in your post, fans are turning on each other. The reason for most of this, is the blind sheep like mentality of some fans.
They support the manager, more out of spite towards the owners , rather than an honest allegiance to the manager.

I respect your opinion m8, and this is mine.Next season. i will be there at Anfield, supporting the team,just as i have done eversince i was a kid.

leotheloin
19th May, 2010, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=Bulld0g;598119]
Congratulations bulldog only noticed your AV:congrats:

lfc4life
20th May, 2010, 01:06 PM
BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool will prosper, says Jamie Carragher (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8693809.stm)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8692549.stm Fabio Capello lure tempts Jamie Carragher to England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8683321.stm Jamie Carragher hopes to raise ?1m through testimonial

wongers
20th May, 2010, 07:17 PM
I go on all those forums and more. I am a lurker on alll, but familiar with all the main posters. I'm sorry but i disagree with what your saying. So, SOS think the yanks should go ? I am 100% in agreement with that.

To blame them for everything ,and back Benitez,regardless of what is happening ON the pitch is blind. I don't follow blindly. i form, and stick by my own opinions .

My love for the club is echoed by 40 years supporting them. It's difficult times for the fans, and as quoted in your post, fans are turning on each other. The reason for most of this, is the blind sheep like mentality of some fans.
They support the manager, more out of spite towards the owners , rather than an honest allegiance to the manager.

I respect your opinion m8, and this is mine.Next season. i will be there at Anfield, supporting the team,just as i have done eversince i was a kid.

well said mate my sentiments exactly been going myself for 40 odd years and i'v never felt so low but will be there next year to cheer them on and hope we can salvage something out of this car crash that were in at the moment (~~~~ me isn't love blind:laugh:)

koppit
21st May, 2010, 09:02 PM
maddock is and always has been the prophet of doom where lfc are concerned, everything he writes is designed to put the boot in to us and our club now hes jumped on another bandwagon, so what, fck him. like others ive supported the club for forty years,we've been through bigger things than this and by sticking together carried on heads held high.the debt is only money in the same way we have mortgages if the banks pull the plug someone will get the club on the cheep, so what. eventually the yanks will go, fck them forever.raffa isnt the best thing since sliced and his tactics are often bone but then who out there would manage the club under the same conditions.liverpool football club is bigger than the yanks, the banks,raffa and the players put together. as long as we pay our money at the turnstiles,wear our colours and sing our songs the club will continue in some form or another but we have to do it together, that's what makes us who we are.if we ended up playing at the dockers club id still go,that's were my mates would be.even though we disagree at times WE ARE LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

martinLFC123
22nd May, 2010, 03:07 PM
Rumours are its either Gerrard or Benitez leaving this summer, if one goes the other will stay.....Personally I dont know who I want to go?

opsmonkey
22nd May, 2010, 03:25 PM
Rumours are its either Gerrard or Benitez leaving this summer, if one goes the other will stay.....Personally I dont know who I want to go?

are you for real..?? Has to be Gerrard to stay.. He's attack minded and LFC through and through

pillapow
22nd May, 2010, 04:18 PM

Benitez is staying, So is Gerrard, Thats that. I hope Torres stays, I think he will..... If you play for Liverpool, The city becomes yours, The people are behind you... There is no substitute for Liverpool FC. What i hate about it are the few players who have no idea what it means to wear that shirt, We need rid of those players.

dctyper
22nd May, 2010, 04:26 PM
from sky sports, interesting read, and i totally agree with him

Rafael Benitez has defended his record since taking over as Liverpool boss, insisting that his side have progressed rather than fallen behind.

Benitez has been consistently linked with a move away from Merseyside, with Inter Milan reportedly lining him up as a replacement for his old rival Jose Mourinho, who looks likely to join Real Madrid this summer.

The 50-year-old Spaniard took charge at Anfield in 2004, winning the UEFA Champions League in his first season and the FA Cup one year later in what appeared to be the dawn of a successful era for the Reds.

However despite reaching another Champions League final in 2007 and coming close to winning the Premier League last season, this campaign Liverpool endured a miserable time, finishing seventh in the league and failing to qualify for Europe's premier competition.

"There is this legend that Liverpool hasn't won many trophies, that we have failed in that aspect," Benitez told the Daily Mirror.

"Well, Chelsea and Manchester United have won 10 trophies in the six years I've been in Liverpool; Arsenal, Spurs and Portsmouth one.

"Liverpool? Four trophies and we have played in three finals. Liverpool have been competitive.

"Does Liverpool have to win the league, as everybody demands, every year?"

Can't compete
The former Valencia boss also went on to state how his spending and dealing in the transfer market could not compare with the expenditure of United and Chelsea, who have been by far the most successful clubs in England since he took charge.

"Does the manager have absolute power in England?" he questioned.

"No, it depends on a budget and on the executive director that negotiates the signings of players.

"And it depends on the money you have and the intelligence with which you

operate in the market place.

"Look at the wages picked up by the players on Chelsea or Manchester United's substitutes' bench: (John) Obi Mikel, (Michael) Owen, (Salomon) Kalou, (Dimitar) Berbatov, (Michael) Carrick could be on ?4million a year!

"When Portsmouth offered Peter Crouch more money than we were paying him and promised him a starting place, it became very complicated for us to keep hold of him. The arrival of Fernando Torres meant he couldn't play as often at Liverpool."

One of the main criticisms levelled at Benitez has been that he has had money to spend in the transfer market, however he countered this assumption stating that he had made money for the club rather than wasted it.

"Some people say I have spent ?280million," he added.

"But we have spent ?220million on players and generated ?160million in player sales. That is the equivalent of a ?60million net spend over six years: in other words, ?10million spent per year.

"Deduct from that figure the ?120million revenue from the Champions League success and qualification over that period, and we have in fact generated an additional ?60million benefits for the club."

Bulld0g
22nd May, 2010, 04:41 PM
It's the same old same old. How much has he spent blah blah blah.Bottom line is he asks "Does Liverpool have to win the league, as everybody demands, every year?" The answer is .NO, but we need to at least mount a serious challenge every year

boomer39
22nd May, 2010, 06:19 PM
It's the same old same old. How much has he spent blah blah blah.Bottom line is he asks "Does Liverpool have to win the league, as everybody demands, every year?" The answer is .NO, but we need to at least mount a serious challenge every year
agree but this has only been 1 season!!!!!

Wolfpack
23rd May, 2010, 01:47 AM
As an American who is a fan on Liverpool i have to say the American owners need to go! All they wanted was to make money and look what happen! Saying that Rafa needs to go cause look at the money he spent on players that didn't pan out. I know we didn't have alot to spend and lost Alonzo But he could of atleast sign Owen on a free transfer in case Torres got hurt. Everyone knows without Torres we don't score. Before you reply about Owen I know he lost some pace but one thing about him he knows what it feels like to score and to me that is very rare in a footballer Plus he would of been free to sign. We need a system in Liverpool that spreads the goal scoring around not relying on two ( Torres and Gerrard ) players so when they get hurt we don't score
Go Liverpool

cloudnineuk54
23rd May, 2010, 02:04 AM
im not a liverpool fan as such,but i love footy,and i think that theres not much wrong with the team to be honest,ok a little blip this year,which happens to them all,but if you get the right replacement for alonso,keep gerrad,and give torres a bit of help up front youll be ok i also think rafa should remain in my opinion,oh and if you could install the passion of that man garrager into every player youd be unstoppable,no wonder england want him back,thats my tuppence worth

pillapow
25th May, 2010, 04:19 PM
Torres staying, Aurellio leaving, Get me shirt printed now havent seen one single torres shirt yet!! :) Lost money on Stevie last night getting first goal won the score @ 9/1 though :)

boomer39
25th May, 2010, 10:25 PM
Torres staying, Aurellio leaving, Get me shirt printed now havent seen one single torres shirt yet!! :) Lost money on Stevie last night getting first goal won the score @ 9/1 though :)
thanks for that, mate.. will sleep soundly tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pillapow
26th May, 2010, 07:35 AM
thanks for that, mate.. will sleep soundly tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Pleasure.............:dancing:

imanob
26th May, 2010, 01:44 PM
so the wonderful ex chair of liverpool has finally woken up to plight of our club and tells the times in a letter selling to the yanks was a mistake makes you believe in human nature again doesnt it took him nearly 4yrs to write this letter must be a word a week has our club goes down the pan .last year when we played real at anfield i was walking past the players entrance when he got out of hes range rover i started booing him for what he done and was swiftly removed to outside of the shankly gates by 3 stewards and was told our doesnt want them kind of protests so much for free speech ?

koppit
27th May, 2010, 06:10 PM
apparently tom hicks values the club at ?800 million, when he bought in he explained how they settled on a price, the estimated value of the club is its revenue multiplied by a factor of 1.8 which came out at ?218.9m.
According to figures released by Deloitte and Liverpool’s last posted revenues, their own method would value the club at about ?295 million.

wongers
27th May, 2010, 07:04 PM
apparently tom hicks values the club at ?800 million, when he bought in he explained how they settled on a price, the estimated value of the club is its revenue multiplied by a factor of 1.8 which came out at ?218.9m.
According to figures released by Deloitte and Liverpool?s last posted revenues, their own method would value the club at about ?295 million.

that was o.k. when the leech was buying its different rules now the conts selling

koppit
27th May, 2010, 08:24 PM
Texas Rangers baseball side filed for bankruptcy on Monday some 13 months after its parent company, HSG Sports Group, defaulted on ?360 million of debt.hsg = hicks sports group

jamdogged
29th May, 2010, 05:33 PM
Come on you Reds!!!

lfc4life
30th May, 2010, 10:53 PM
Liverpoolfc.tv eSeason area :: LFC unveil Heysel plaque (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/LFC-unveil-Heys-19001.php3?ncid=est_weblinks_rightnav) <<<< Video link to unveiling of hysel plaque

Bulld0g
2nd June, 2010, 10:29 PM
Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield | Football - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7142868.ece#lfc)

The end is nigh

opsmonkey
2nd June, 2010, 10:59 PM
Sky Sports News NOW...!!

One down.. Two to go..

Gerrard, Torres, Renia, Carragher all lost faith in Benitez and his crackpot decisions...

pillapow
2nd June, 2010, 11:16 PM
Sky Sports News NOW...!!

One down.. Two to go..

Gerrard, Torres, Renia, Carragher all lost faith in Benitez and his crackpot decisions...

Missed it.. What was it??

Bulld0g
2nd June, 2010, 11:20 PM
Sky Sports News NOW...!!

One down.. Two to go..

If it's true then it's a sad state of affairs that player power rules.

pillapow
2nd June, 2010, 11:34 PM
Up to speed... Just read something, Theres a sale around the corner and they want rafa out before it goes ahead... Am i the only one thats excited?

lfc4life
3rd June, 2010, 08:58 AM
Liverpool offer severance deal to boss Rafael Benitez

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has been offered a ?3m
severance deal to leave immediately, BBC Sport understands.
Benitez's agent said he will speak with the Spaniard on Thursday, but if the manager accepts the offer he could leave Anfield by the weekend.
Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005 under Benitez but finished seventh in the Premier League last season.
The 50-year-old signed a five-year contract in March 2009 and has been linked with a move to Inter Milan.
The Italian giants are looking for a coach following Jose Mourinho's move to Real Madrid and Fabio Capello committing himself to England until 2012.
BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan said: "Members of Liverpool's board were locked in meetings as late as 2330 BST on Wednesday.
"Benitez is currently on holiday but if he decides to accept their offer he could be out by the weekend."
The manager's agent Manuel Garcia Quilon said: "We don't know anything more than what's being said.
"We're not saying anything."

Liverpool declined to comment on the rumours on Wednesday.
It has been reported that it would cost the club about ?16m to pay off Benitez, who moved to Anfield in June 2004 to replace Gerard Houllier. But they are currently pursuing a compromise compensation package worth ?3m.
As well as the Champions League triumph, Benitez also steered Liverpool to the European Super Cup in 2005 and the FA Cup in 2006.
They enjoyed an impressive Premier League campaign in 2008/09, finishing as runners-up, four points behind champions Manchester United, having lost only two games all season.
But they were hugely inconsistent last season, losing 11 times in the league and exiting the Champions League in the group stages. They dropped into the Europa League and reached the semi-finals where they lost to Atletico Madrid.
Several of Benitez's first-team squad have recently been linked with summer moves, including captain Steven Gerrard, Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano and star forward Fernando Torres.
Benitez had suggested he would require in excess of ?50m to put the club back in contention for the Champions League places, let alone the Premier League title.
Co-owner Tom Hicks recently said Benitez would have a "substantial" transfer budget this summer despite he and fellow owner George Gillett trying to sell the club, a process which could take 18 months.
It has since been reported that the funds available to Benitez could be as little as ?5m, before selling players.
Liverpool were put up for sale in April, with an asking price of between ?600m and ?800m, and Hicks had claimed there is a large number of "interested buyers".
Parent company Kop Holdings were ?351m in the red last summer with annual loan repayments of ?40m.
Speaking last week, Benitez told the Liverpool Echo: "I am very happy here in Liverpool. I have always been happy and I want to stay here for a long time - if it is possible."

imanob
3rd June, 2010, 09:07 AM
cant argue with rafa leaving but why oh why are we seeing it played out in the media again thougt the new chairman would have new better oh yes he is from ba and look at the mess they in the old liverpool way is deffinetly a distant memory

lfc4life
3rd June, 2010, 09:10 AM
because rafa knows that either way he is in money lol I know 3 million alot of money for him but so is 4 years left he has! worth even more to him. Who would come into replace him?

boomer39
3rd June, 2010, 03:01 PM
because rafa knows that either way he is in money lol I know 3 million alot of money for him but so is 4 years left he has! worth even more to him. Who would come into replace him?
only one man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KING KENNY.... assisted by Rushie.......

pillapow
3rd June, 2010, 03:31 PM
only one man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KING KENNY.... assisted by Rushie.......
****ing joking arent ya, that would end up in a worse situation than we're in now. We need a top class manager of the times not dalglish.

andymc1s
3rd June, 2010, 04:03 PM
rafa benitez leaves liverpool story breaking now on sky sports news.

boomer39
3rd June, 2010, 04:22 PM
****ing joking arent ya, that would end up in a worse situation than we're in now. We need a top class manager of the times not dalglish.
well please tell us who you would have????????????????

pillapow
3rd June, 2010, 06:48 PM
Hidink over him anyday, Louis van... Sad shame to see he has gone now... This might sound daft, but i dont know the answer, If we are ****ing skint, in debt etc... Who wanted him gone and where did they get 6 million from to give to him? He would of stayed wouldnt he..
Found this theory somewhere, Also news that Inter have paid the 6 million, (pure speculation)
No money= no rafa
No money= no new Quality players
No money =no gerrard no mash and no torres
No rafa = no gerrard no mash and no torres
No gerrard, no mash, no torres and no rafa =?150m
No guessing who ends up the winners= hicks + gillette

boomer39
3rd June, 2010, 10:08 PM
Hidink over him anyday, Louis van... Sad shame to see he has gone now... This might sound daft, but i dont know the answer, If we are ****ing skint, in debt etc... Who wanted him gone and where did they get 6 million from to give to him? He would of stayed wouldnt he..
Found this theory somewhere, Also news that Inter have paid the 6 million, (pure speculation)
No money= no rafa
No money= no new Quality players
No money =no gerrard no mash and no torres
No rafa = no gerrard no mash and no torres
No gerrard, no mash, no torres and no rafa =?150m
No guessing who ends up the winners= hicks + gillette
so whats wrong with kenny then?? the guy can walk on water!!
hidink?? dont think so....any more ideas??????

cloudnineuk54
3rd June, 2010, 10:12 PM
kenny would be a step back,lol better peeps about,like darren ferguson,yeah hell do

davieboy.rfc
3rd June, 2010, 10:22 PM
remember when king kenny went back to celtic it was a shambles i think kenny should stay in his role at the club as it is as the pool fanz wouldnt want to hound him out if it went tits up .....

mattybhoy
3rd June, 2010, 10:38 PM
I can't believe no one as mentioned SIR WALT!!!!!????????

Lfc/Rfc4life this is your chance now mate, do some canvassing!

"He's dedicated his life to football."
:D

davieboy.rfc
3rd June, 2010, 10:41 PM
:giveup:
I can't believe no one as mentioned SIR WALT!!!!!????????

Lfc/Rfc4life this is your chance now mate, do some canvassing!

"He's dedicated his life to football."
:D

here matty il crack the jokes m8y hes stayin at the gers for another year then maybe liverpool if king kenny ~~~~s it up ..lol..

mattybhoy
3rd June, 2010, 10:48 PM
Ha ha.

You want to watch it the Pool will be a calling for him if Lfc4life has got anything to do with it.

I hope for Liverpool's sake that King Kenny doesn't get the job. Love the guy, but agree with you - he made a Mowbray type mess of things at Celtic. I think he's been out of management for too long.

Hoppo
3rd June, 2010, 10:58 PM
How about Martin O'Neill the only one I can think of. No money but can find 3 million to let rafa benitez go that could of gone toward a new player

Bulld0g
3rd June, 2010, 11:02 PM
How about Martin O'Neill the only one I can think of. No money but can find 3 million to let rafa benitez go that could of gone toward a new player

I was looking at the top spenders on sky sports earlier and Liverpool were third behind Chelsea and Man city. Aston Villa were behind us having spent only ?10m less than us, and what have they won ? People think O'neil is a top class manager, i personally don't want to see him at Anfield except in the visitors dug out.

lfc4life
3rd June, 2010, 11:08 PM
I would rather see someone like roy hodgson in charge he name has been touted about!

And i cannot belive rafa survived so long at liverpool ! But good luck to him in the future ;)

Bulld0g
3rd June, 2010, 11:10 PM
I would rather see someone like roy hodgson in charge he name has been touted about!

And i cannot belive rafa survived so long at liverpool ! But good luck to him in the future ;)

Given a choice between the two i would stick with Rafa. Hodgson had a good season at Fulham, but what did he do at Blackburn. It's a sad day when fans are linking our great club with mediocre managers. Fat Sam Allardyce was even mentioned by someone today. ~~~~~~!

lfc4life
3rd June, 2010, 11:21 PM
thats going a bit far fat sam that managed newcastle lol

pillapow
4th June, 2010, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I heard fat sam mentioned saying he knows how to survive with no money, Yes and what the **** has he won... Its just one big waiting game now for the price to drop because i know for a fact there is a load of big guys with big money who have probably been after this club for years. This came as a shock, Who knows, The yanks could sell up next week, **** they might even do it tomorrow.... Dont want Kenny.... Rather have Rafa.... Good luck at inter, I cant wait for the day we play inter with Rafa as manager.......!! :)

Hoppo
4th June, 2010, 08:50 AM
Is it going to cost us money to get anyone big and thats money liverpool don't have ? not sure i wanted to see rafa go we will have to wait and see. Hope no big players leave now

lfc4life
4th June, 2010, 10:17 AM
Please say its not true that mark hughes is front runner :( Why would liverpool want an ex manc for??? Surely we can someone of better pedigree like martin o'neill is being talked about to. BUT mark hughes is not the way too go :)

cloudnineuk54
4th June, 2010, 10:25 AM
why not ken dodd,lol hes local,can save the taxes and like the team give you a good laugh,,only joking friends he he but i think mark hughes would be great for the pool

pillapow
4th June, 2010, 11:46 AM
Bollocks to mark hughes, It should be dalglish stepping in until we get the buyer then sign a top manager.

imanob
4th June, 2010, 12:48 PM
just sent me cv to lpool if some of the names being touted are true then i have has good a chance has any oneil allidyce hodgeson is that the way liverpool wanna go hope not lets face it kenny had hes day be out the game to long and he might get touted again like when he left us last time ? dont think mark hughes would be that bad forget all the manc crap do we care i no i dont

pillapow
4th June, 2010, 02:03 PM
After losing his job, Rafa Benitez says he feels like a proper scouser now...

pillapow
4th June, 2010, 02:05 PM
just sent me cv to lpool if some of the names being touted are true then i have has good a chance has any oneil allidyce hodgeson is that the way liverpool wanna go hope not lets face it kenny had hes day be out the game to long and he might get touted again like when he left us last time ? dont think mark hughes would be that bad forget all the manc crap do we care i no i dont

They are just names popping up here and there, It probably wont be any premier league manager, I think it will be a foreigner with a history of success, One that knows what the club means..

boomer39
4th June, 2010, 04:42 PM
Bollocks to mark hughes, It should be dalglish stepping in until we get the buyer then sign a top manager.
thought i said that yesterday but you said ---- that .. if it wasnt you i appologise..
but who do you class as a top manager??? they are either all in their graves or work for the dung... he rest are just money grabbing, glory hunting barstewards....
KK....

koppit
4th June, 2010, 04:56 PM
whoever takes over, latest says harry redknapp, couldn't do any worse than raffa. raffas reliance on building a team around torres without a credible 2nd striker was his downfall. it doesn't matter what the new man has or hasn't won in the past, winning the champions league didnt help raffa to win the premiership neither did his record in spain.i don't expect the new man to win the league just to make us serious challengers. he faces the same problem now that raffa inherited, a mixed squad of talent and dross, hopefully he can sell the dross and use the money and the alleged ?15mil the club has to bring in enough talent so that i dont have to wish the season over early again.

pillapow
4th June, 2010, 08:04 PM
thought i said that yesterday but you said ---- that .. if it wasnt you i appologise..
but who do you class as a top manager??? they are either all in their graves or work for the dung... he rest are just money grabbing, glory hunting barstewards....
KK....

I couldnt say who is going to be manager but seeing as i wasnt alive when Dalglish was playing for or managing Liverpool i would like to see what he can bring but ive read all kinds of things like he ballsed it up, touted out and what not. It doesnt really matter who the manager is at the end of the day, As long as hicks and gillete own the club we are going nowhere fast, I just hope we dont lose our best players because then Liverpool will have to start again from scratch, Something i dont wanna contemplate... Thats my view.

firestorm
4th June, 2010, 08:51 PM
the good thing about Dalglish is that he played attacking a team with 2 up front and good wide men giving them the service they needed. Instead of Rafas 1 up front and holding midfield players.His teams would go for a outright win instead of tring to get a 1-0 win.But saying that Dalglish never had a liverpool team in europe as a manger.Dalglish also had Bob Paisley and Roy Evans helping him out when he won the league for liverpool.I would love to see him have another go on his own.can you imagane the first day of the season with a full kop chanting "Dalglish"
That should be enought to insire any liverpool team

Bulld0g
4th June, 2010, 09:12 PM
Nah. Kenny is a living legend m8. He's on a hiding to nothing if he takes the job. Remember Kendal's second coming with the sock robbers ? People don't remember him as they should. He was the most successful manager in their history but most will remember him for his last stint.

Maybe Thommo could do a job, he stepped in for Houllier and did well. Unless the yanks have someone lined up, no one is going to come here right now,given the predicament and insecurity of the club. Hodgson, Hughes,O'neil ??? We are Liverpool football club ~~~~~~. I would rather Someone close to the club took the reigns for the immediate future instead of some no mark wannabe never done anything kind of manager

firestorm
4th June, 2010, 09:29 PM
When kendal came back for the sock robbers he was a washed up old drunk.I cant see any new owners buying the club with a manger they dont wont on a big contract were as Kenny on a 12 month contract would not be demanding ?6 million to f**k off leaving them to put the manger they want in the job.
I agree with Thomson he did a great job when Houllier was ill to me it was down to him what we won that year
And has for Mark hughes i would sooner sandpaper my genitals than see him in charge of liverpool

maca
4th June, 2010, 09:47 PM
think thompson would be a good choice to take control while we look for a new boss let kenny have a big say on who we do appoint as manager and lets just hope our top players stick around..

Bulld0g
4th June, 2010, 09:56 PM
Makes you think though m8. The yanks know the affinity the Kop have with Kenny. Those conniving bastards probably planned this months ago when they brought him back.

Lets get rid of Rafa, he has the audacity to challenge our decisions. Get rid of him and no one will question us, put a fans favourite in charge and that will shut them up for a bit untill we sell the club. They're wrong!! we are not "just" another club, we are The biggest best and most successfull club in British football.

As much as i believed Rafa had to move on, i think the timing and handling by the yanks was nothing short of disgraceful. One thing i will say in his favour is, he always stood up to the dirty lying cheating ~~~~ers.

boomer39
4th June, 2010, 10:37 PM
I couldnt say who is going to be manager but seeing as i wasnt alive when Dalglish was playing for or managing Liverpool i would like to see what he can bring but ive read all kinds of things like he ballsed it up, touted out and what not. It doesnt really matter who the manager is at the end of the day, As long as hicks and gillete own the club we are going nowhere fast, I just hope we dont lose our best players because then Liverpool will have to start again from scratch, Something i dont wanna contemplate... Thats my view.
so you must be a 20 year old or younger!!!! so you dont remember kenny leaving us??? could say a lot more but common sense comes into play, and also KNOWLEDGE... if you dont know anything about our club, which from your last comment, i gather you dont, stay away...............

boomer39
4th June, 2010, 10:44 PM
think thompson would be a good choice to take control while we look for a new boss let kenny have a big say on who we do appoint as manager and lets just hope our top players stick around..
yeh, thommo, chris kamara paul merson and the rest..... ffs....no,,, still got fat sammy... wtf has he done???

pillapow
4th June, 2010, 11:01 PM
so you must be a 20 year old or younger!!!! so you dont remember kenny leaving us??? could say a lot more but common sense comes into play, and also KNOWLEDGE... if you dont know anything about our club, which from your last comment, i gather you dont, stay away...............

Thats right, I dont remember Dalglish, I support Liverpool aswell, This is a free forum, I'll post what, when and where i like, Wont even bother trying to insult you either, At least i live in ****ing Liverpool and have done for 25 long years, I am a REAL Liverpool supporter. GO and suck one of ya grandmas eggs lad. :sheep:

Bulld0g
4th June, 2010, 11:08 PM
Ok lads lets keep it civil Things happen over the years and we can't help what era we're born into. Some of us, like myself are lucky enough to have seen some of the great Liverpool teams history will ever see, others are not so fortunate because of thier age.
The bottom line is we're all reds and ultimately we all want the same thing. Liverpool back where we belong.
These are bad times for our club and its a time when we all need to pull together and support the club and get rid of the yanks

cloudnineuk54
4th June, 2010, 11:09 PM
i remember liverpool from years back,fantastic team winning all before them,im a manc supporter through and through,i used to envy them,we was winning ~~~~ all really,now boots on the other foot,but our time will come to go on a slide,but as you know its easier to tumble down hill than to get back up,so you have to enjoy why you have it,at least the older peeps will have memories of them great days,you cant replace them, hope the pool can get back up after all this....but not just yet,i need utd just to get ahead in the honours lol

imanob
5th June, 2010, 08:59 AM
cant believe thomo name is in the frame for the younger ones who dont remember when souness sacked him he took the club to a tribunal for unfair dismissal being a shankly boy he should still be ashamed of himself he only got the job because kenny sacked chris lawler when he came manager i wouldnt have let him back throu the shankly gates for what he done oh yes i meet him and told so

boomer39
5th June, 2010, 09:00 AM
Thats right, I dont remember Dalglish, I support Liverpool aswell, This is a free forum, I'll post what, when and where i like, Wont even bother trying to insult you either, At least i live in ****ing Liverpool and have done for 25 long years, I am a REAL Liverpool supporter. GO and suck one of ya grandmas eggs lad. :sheep:
if you where not born when kenny was manager you cant be 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!! called "sums" matey.....
oh and btw,was born and bred in the fair city.. and have lived there longer than you, seen more games than you've had hot dinners, and certainly know a lot more about football than you..

maca
5th June, 2010, 11:02 AM
yeh, thommo, chris kamara paul merson and the rest..... ffs....no,,, still got fat sammy... wtf has he done???
it was just an opinion he done a great job for liverpool when gerard houllier was ill and i cant remeber mentioning kamara merson and as for fat sammy the job is too big for him thats just my opinion...

dctyper
5th June, 2010, 12:48 PM
ive just applied for the liverpool manager job, with great success!!!

i love fm10 lol

come on gerrard, lead us to victory

boomer39
5th June, 2010, 02:39 PM
it was just an opinion he done a great job for liverpool when gerard houllier was ill and i cant remeber mentioning kamara merson and as for fat sammy the job is too big for him thats just my opinion...
no, i know you didn't, that was just referring to the shower of "experts" on sptsnews...

koppit
5th June, 2010, 07:47 PM

i agree thommo did a good job then but whoever is in charge will have to strengthen the squad, personally don't think he could do that. if its not resolved before the season starts kenny will be the only option.

koppit
5th June, 2010, 07:53 PM
ive just applied for the liverpool manager job, with great success!!!

i love fm10 lol

come on gerrard, lead us to victory

what would your 1st eleven be

mattybhoy
6th June, 2010, 10:11 PM
Ha ha.

I hope for Liverpool's sake that King Kenny doesn't get the job. Love the guy, but agree with you - he made a Mowbray type mess of things at Celtic. I think he's been out of management for too long.

I take it all back. King Kenny masterminding the victory for the rest of world team against england tonight! :laugh:

Though I'm not too sure about Henrik Larsson at centre half...

Bulld0g
6th June, 2010, 10:14 PM
I take it all back. King Kenny masterminding the victory for the rest of world team against england tonight! :laugh:

Though I'm not too sure about Henrik Larsson at centre half...

WTF you on about ?? It workede didn't it lol

leotheloin
7th June, 2010, 09:55 PM
cant believe thomo name is in the frame for the younger ones who dont remember when souness sacked him he took the club to a tribunal for unfair dismissal being a shankly boy he should still be ashamed of himself he only got the job because kenny sacked chris lawler when he came manager i wouldnt have let him back throu the shankly gates for what he done oh yes i meet him and told so
Find this quote hard to understand someone gets sacked unfairly he should be ashamed because he was a shankly RIP boy. If any one is unfairly dismissed by there employer it is in there rights to bring them to a tribunal in this part of the world...So it's ok for your employer to sack you on hearsay.:confused::confused::confused:

boomer39
7th June, 2010, 11:25 PM
Find this quote hard to understand someone gets sacked unfairly he should be ashamed because he was a shankly RIP boy. If any one is unfairly dismissed by there employer it is in there rights to bring them to a tribunal in this part of the world...So it's ok for your employer to sack you on hearsay.:confused::confused::confused:
thommo.... great player, a legend... but should stick to sly spts with the other idiots........................

lfc4life
8th June, 2010, 05:28 PM
Revealed: Brand new away kit - Liverpool FC (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/revealed-brand-new-away-kit)

Bulld0g
8th June, 2010, 08:48 PM
?735 for a season ticket for the Kop WTF The greedy bastards wont be happy till they've bled every fan dry. Two Strips out in the same season, ?800m for a club they bought for ?220m. Theres no end to how low these two will stoop. They will run the club into the ground and wont care. They have turned down offers and are holding out for the ?800m TW@TS Liverpool takeover: Tom Hicks scuppers two 'perfect fit' offers for Anfield club - MirrorFootball.co.uk (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-takeover-Tom-Hicks-scuppers-two-perfect-fit-offers-for-Anfield-club-article452141.html)

lfc4life
8th June, 2010, 09:01 PM
?735 for a season ticket for the Kop WTF The greedy bastards wont be happy till they've bled every fan dry. Two Strips out in the same season, ?800m for a club they bought for ?220m. Theres no end to how low these two will stoop. They will run the club into the ground and wont care. They have turned down offers and are holding out for the ?800m TW@TS Liverpool takeover: Tom Hicks scuppers two 'perfect fit' offers for Anfield club - MirrorFootball.co.uk (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-takeover-Tom-Hicks-scuppers-two-perfect-fit-offers-for-Anfield-club-article452141.html)

i read about the scuppering of the two bids earlier today fella! there unbelievable :giveup:

pillapow
8th June, 2010, 09:24 PM
Inter sign Rafa Benitez....

boomer39
8th June, 2010, 10:33 PM
Inter sign Rafa Benitez....
jesus christ mate.... is this true?????????????????????????

pillapow
8th June, 2010, 11:57 PM
jesus christ mate.... is this true?????????????????????????

Yes it is... :congrats:

firestorm
8th June, 2010, 11:58 PM
Is the another false hope are what we all been dreaming about
Liverpool FC To Be Taken Over by Sheikh Khalifa? | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/402899-sheikh-khalifa-in-negotiations-for-a-complete-liverpool-fc-take-over)

lfc4life
9th June, 2010, 04:23 AM
Inter Milan have announced that former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has agreed to become the club's new coach.
"We've got an agreement, we finalised the last details that in any case weren't important," Inter president Massimo Moratti told ANSA news agency.
Moratti said Inter would on Tuesday confirm details of Benitez's unveiling as the club's coach.
Benitez, 50, left Liverpool last week after six years at Anfield and will succeed Jose Mourinho at the San Siro.
Moratti revealed negotiations with Benitez had not taken place in person and said the Spaniard was due to arrive in Milan this week ahead of finalising his move to the European champions.
"All that is needed now is a counter-signature," added the Inter president.
Benitez has a strong track record in European football, having won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 and the Uefa Cup with Valencia in 2004.
But he would have big shoes to fill at Inter, with Mourinho winning the league in both seasons he was at the club, not to mention securing the Champions League and Italian Cup last season.

And before Mourinho's spell at the club, Inter won three consecutive titles under Manchester City's current manager Roberto Mancini.
Towards the end of last season, Benitez was strongly linked with a move to Inter's rivals Juventus, but since his departure from Anfield he became the subject of speculation suggesting a move to the San Siro was imminent.
Even Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano, one of his former players at Liverpool, suggested that the Spaniard would be the ideal fit for Inter.
"Only Benitez could take the place of a coach like Mourinho," said Mascherano.
"He is a great coach. He has charisma, personality, a winning mentality.
"Moreover, he will find himself brilliantly in Italy because of the tactical game. Rafa studies everything on the table and directs the team from the bench like an orchestra conductor.
"After Mourinho, he is the only man capable of continuing Inter's winning run."

unbelievable that a manager that takes his last club to 7th in the league. IS now the manager of the European champions!!! :secruity:

imanob
9th June, 2010, 10:27 AM
how many managers come in and change the backroom staff and have not heard of any who take clubs to a unfair dismissal correct me if im wrong here .like i said in the qoute thommo got job because kenny got rid of chris lawler to give him the job did he go crying that it was unfair NO so same happens to him and he did

koppit
9th June, 2010, 04:25 PM

its strange that since they took over everything thats happened inside the club has leaked out to the press except the names of these bidders. maybe they are just trying to force the hand of anyone who might have a genuine interest.

leotheloin
10th June, 2010, 12:11 AM
how many managers come in and change the backroom staff and have not heard of any who take clubs to a unfair dismissal correct me if im wrong here .like i said in the qoute thommo got job because kenny got rid of chris lawler to give him the job did he go crying that it was unfair NO so same happens to him and he did
I think your missing the point but correct me if you think im wrong forget about / PT /CL / and the backroom staff if anyone is unfairly sacked they should not feel ashamed ..It's the employers who should feel ashamed of themselfs for sacking people on someones hearsay..How would you like it if you were sacked unfairly yued just walk away i dont think so...BTW thats why we need tribunals:manuscarf:

prupru
10th June, 2010, 05:24 PM
Rafa benitez, rafa

koppit
10th June, 2010, 08:27 PM
Rafa benitez, rafa

words fail me sometimes

Bulld0g
10th June, 2010, 09:51 PM
Rafa donates ?96,000 to Hillsborough group. Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates &#163;96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support Group (http://ht.ly/1WLuE)
Fantastic gesture :)

mattybhoy
10th June, 2010, 10:43 PM
:congrats:Great gesture. What ever side of the fence you're on with Rafa, I believe Liverpool truly meant something to him.

pillapow
11th June, 2010, 12:16 PM
Gonna miss Benitez, Fantastic manager.

opsmonkey
12th June, 2010, 05:29 PM
The man riled me, his decisions on the pitch were awful at the end, he was negative and stubborn..

However this is a gesture of a good man with a good heart..

His negative one up front will probably work in Italy... Even if he wins the Scudetto it doesn't mean he would have won the Premier League... I'm afraid he ended up out of his depth

koppit
13th June, 2010, 02:23 PM
The man riled me, his decisions on the pitch were awful at the end, he was negative and stubborn..

However this is a gesture of a good man with a good heart..

His negative one up front will probably work in Italy... Even if he wins the Scudetto it doesn't mean he would have won the Premier League... I'm afraid he ended up out of his depth

when i read the first sentence i thought you were on about houllier or evans. odd how it could apply to all three. in 2007/8 i thought wed finally put together a squad capable of winning the league, sure there were a few rough edges but things were looking up,rafa let it slip through his hands. the chase to land barry, buying aquilani when we were crying out for another striker.hed just lost the plot and needed to go before he caused more damage.that said i dont think badly of him, he was let down by the board and gave it a go but we were going in the wrong direction on the pitch and thats his responsibility.

melloned
16th June, 2010, 12:33 AM
Rafa donates ?96,000 to Hillsborough group. Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates ?96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support Group (http://ht.ly/1WLuE)
Fantastic gesture :)

:stupid: Never liked Benitez , as a number of my posts in this section over time show , As for his "Generous" gesture , if he'd wanted to donate anonymously , he could have done , no prob , but chose to wave the cash , and reel in the plaudids , having always earmarked him as arrogant , this doesn't surprise me.
Supporters have been blinded by the fact that his "generous" and well publicised donation , represents (after charitable tax deductions) , around 1% of his ?6 million ~~~~ off payment , he's just taken from us , while anyone can see were on the bones of our arse . In Rafa we trusted and he's left us BUSTED ! :hmmmm:

lfc4life
16th June, 2010, 11:46 AM
Former Liverpool star Peter Beardsley says Kenny Dalglish would help to keep Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres at Anfield if he was reappointed as boss.
"You'd have more chance of keeping the players if you had a hero like Kenny in charge," said Beardsley.
"I'm not saying he would be a massive success straight away because there are a lot of problems at Liverpool."
Anfield legend Dalglish was reported to be keen on the managerial post following the exit of Rafael Benitez.
After the Spaniard left the club by mutual consent on 3 June, managing director Christian Purslow and Dalglish, a Reds player for 10 years and manager between 1985 and 1991, have been searching for a new boss.

Fulham's Roy Hodgson and ex-Manchester City boss Mark Hughes, currently out of work, have been touted as potential candidates.
Former Anfield players BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson, keeper Bruce Grobbelaar and Jamie Redknapp have all recently backed a return at the helm for 59-year-old Dalglish, who is also the club's academy ambassador.
Beardsley, a Liverpool midfielder between 1987 and 1991, also thinks the Scot is the right man and would help to keep hold of top players such as midfielder Gerrard and striker Torres, whose futures remain uncertain following a trophyless season at Anfield.

"You look at Torres and he probably came to Liverpool on the strength of watching Dalglish as a player, and Gerrard grew up watching that team," added Beardsley.
"So I would think you'd have no problem keeping both of them if Kenny Dalglish was your manager.
"I played for four years under Kenny and won the league twice and the FA Cup. We were not able to play in Europe in those days, so what he did in my time at the club, and winning the double before I even arrived, was sensational.

Redknapp - Dalgish would be a success

"I can't speak for the people of Liverpool but I know the fans would love him and when I look at him, his football knowledge and his football mentality, he loves the game.
"What he means to Liverpool is sensational and I would have no qualms about giving him the job."
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, ex-Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink and Croatia coach Slaven Bilic have also been mentioned as successors to Benitez, recently appointed at Inter Milan.
Benitez told the Guardian on Tuesday he felt that Dalglish was "the best man for the job".
"The owners should listen to the fans because they are unhappy. No one knows the club better than Dalglish and he would be perfect there. He wants the job and in my opinion should get it," he said.

lfc4life
16th June, 2010, 11:52 AM
:stupid: Never liked Benitez , as a number of my posts in this section over time show , As for his "Generous" gesture , if he'd wanted to donate anonymously , he could have done , no prob , but chose to wave the cash , and reel in the plaudids , having always earmarked him as arrogant , this doesn't surprise me.
Supporters have been blinded by the fact that his "generous" and well publicised donation , represents (after charitable tax deductions) , around 1% of his ?6 million ~~~~ off payment , he's just taken from us , while anyone can see were on the bones of our arse . In Rafa we trusted and he's left us BUSTED ! :hmmmm:

heres a thought he could have donated half of his pay off too the Hillsborough fund???

Bulld0g
16th June, 2010, 05:14 PM

Some people cant see any good in anyone can they. I was not, and am not a Rafa fan, but what he did was generous. Neither he nor his pr people leaked the story, it was Margeret Aspinall chair of the HSFG. Give the man the credit he deservers off the field FFS.

Bulld0g
16th June, 2010, 05:18 PM
Inter Milan set to hold talks with Liverpool FC for Javier Mascherano > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool (http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129473-inter-milan-set-to-hold-talks-with-liverpool-fc-for-javier-mascherano.html?) The rats are getting ready to jump ship. He hasn't wanted to be here for a while. Good riddance to the little ~~~~in rat.

Bulld0g
16th June, 2010, 05:19 PM
heres a thought he could have donated half of his pay off too the Hillsborough fund???

I seriously hope that was tongue in cheek m8.

wongers
16th June, 2010, 06:55 PM
Inter Milan set to hold talks with Liverpool FC for Javier Mascherano > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool (http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129473-inter-milan-set-to-hold-talks-with-liverpool-fc-for-javier-mascherano.html?) The rats are getting ready to jump ship. He hasn't wanted to be here for a while. Good riddance to the little ~~~~in rat.

when barcelona wanted to buy him last year benitez said he was worth more than ?50million so if he wants to go let them pay ?50 million after all rafa set the price