PDA

View Full Version : Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Jaffa
20th April, 2008, 10:34 PM
Discuss all things related to the best and most successful English club ever...:)

charlie senator
20th April, 2008, 10:38 PM
Cheers Jaffa its time we had one of these in here .Sooooo who's going to win on tuesday ? Its got to be Liverpool for me we are just coming into good form and Chelsea are struggling a bit

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 10:49 PM
Ahhh good man Jaffa.About time we had a thread dedicated to the mighty reds m8. As for Tuesday Charlie, well if we beat em 3 times on the run i hear we get to keep em ..lol.

Seriously tho. i think this will be the hardest game of the Trilogy. We're away second leg and they owe us one,BUT.. I fancy us over Two legs against ANYONE in Europe. We need a 2 goal lead to take to the Bridge IMHO. Lookin forward to the games though :)

millerlfc
21st April, 2008, 02:58 PM
Ahhh good man Jaffa.About time we had a thread dedicated to the mighty reds m8. As for Tuesday Charlie, well if we beat em 3 times on the run i hear we get to keep em ..lol.

Seriously tho. i think this will be the hardest game of the Trilogy. We're away second leg and they owe us one,BUT.. I fancy us over Two legs against ANYONE in Europe. We need a 2 goal lead to take to the Bridge IMHO. Lookin forward to the games though :)
we will do chelski boys again jaffa nice1 for settin this thread up

BigBalloon
21st April, 2008, 09:36 PM
i would be happy with a 1-0 .... take that to the bridge they would have to come out ... leaves nicely for the counter, and with then away goals counting as double !

but the other thing goin for us is sat mornin when chelski play the mancs.... we can afford to rest players against brum were as they cant .... same with the mancs.

charlie senator
21st April, 2008, 11:50 PM
i would be happy with a 1-0 .... take that to the bridge they would have to come out ... leaves nicely for the counter, and with then away goals counting as double !

but the other thing goin for us is sat mornin when chelski play the mancs.... we can afford to rest players against brum were as they cant .... same with the mancs.

Never thought of that Bigbaloon but that makes it interesting for the second leg.As long as we don't concede a goal in the first leg i'll be happy

Jaffa
22nd April, 2008, 08:48 AM
I worry about the yellow card situation, Carra and Gerrard are one yellow away from missing the next game so what will happen ??? Would you as a player risk missing the final or the semi final 2nd leg, which would be of no use to you if you didnt play and the team got beat. Club before personal achievments should be the motto here.

I am already bricking it now and its only the 1st leg. As long as the game tonight ends in Chelsea nil, I will be happy but I would love us to score a few.

Jaffa
22nd April, 2008, 08:54 AM
Who do you think Rafa was talking about when he said this.

"We have some signings for the next season done. They are senior players for the first team and young players for the first team and reserve team.
"Two of them are really close, young players, and one senior player is done. He talks good English, but is not English."

Rafa has us all guessing now...lol

Henry maybe because he is real good m8s with Gerrard.

Gabriel Heinze.....we all know Rafa still wants him.

Who do you reckon. ???

Jaffa
22nd April, 2008, 09:48 PM
I am so gutted at the result, we owned Chavski tonight, cech was outstanding, Torres should have made it 2 nil but they went straight up and scored although I thought ref would have blown the whistle a minute earlier.

BigBalloon
22nd April, 2008, 09:54 PM
wot was wrong with row z.... riise should of put his foot through the ball given throw in or even corner ref blow up for full time !!!!!

gutted

oh well in rafa we trust and on the plus no yellow cards

let the mancs do some damage sat so we can take them on wed !!!!

BigBalloon
22nd April, 2008, 09:55 PM
on a different note rumours of henry have been floatin about again ....
we will wait and c ..... but its the same time as last year about the torres rumours

davidharvey75
23rd April, 2008, 08:38 AM
I can't see Henry coming back to any other club in the premiership than Arsenal, and i can't see that happening.
Could possibly see the Hienze deal, it's like a revolving door at Madrid!
I think that Bentley could be on Rafa's list.

As for last night, i think Liverpool had it in the bag, and i think they can still win at Stamford Bridge, but they will need to get stuck in which i think could see Gerrard get a yellow and miss the Final.

shortyball
23rd April, 2008, 12:26 PM
everyone is giving chealsea as favourite but people seem to be forgetting european football is liverpools domain, especially in recent years. Liverpool wiilll easily beat chelsea no quesion about it.

BigBalloon
23rd April, 2008, 04:59 PM
Henry has been quoted as sayin he would not return to arsenal and only other team being liverpool

as for bentley.... have a freind who has contacts in blackburn ... he is not goin anywhere

as for next week lets see wot happens tonite then the weekend !

Lazaruseifer
24th April, 2008, 05:04 PM
Martin O'neill, we are getting him for right wing.

Jaffa
24th April, 2008, 05:32 PM
Liverpool left-back Fabio Aurelio's season appears to be over after he was ruled out for at least three weeks with a torn abductor muscle.
Aurelio was injured against Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final, first leg 1-1 draw while his replacement John Arne Riise scored a late own goal.
"It usually takes a minimum of three weeks to recover," Reds boss Rafael Benitez told the club's website. "So, it will be very difficult for Fabio to play again this season."

Brazilian Aurelio returned to action last September after rupturing his Achilles in April 2007.
He played his first competitive game of the season against Porto in the Champions League and has since made 28 more outings on the way to establishing himself as the Anfield side's first choice at left-back. Benitez added: "It is very disappointing because Fabio has been doing a good job for the team."

Bulld0g
25th April, 2008, 03:22 PM
Thats bad newsabout Aurelio. On Riise, i thought he should have wellied it out instead of trying to head it. He's had a poor season and i think he will be on his way at the end of the season.With Auerelio out i think Riise will start in his place and don't be surprised if he makes amends with one of his free kicks :)

aftermath
25th April, 2008, 04:24 PM
on a different note rumours of henry have been floatin about again ....
we will wait and c ..... but its the same time as last year about the torres rumours

On Teletext right now.

Theiry Henry wont go to any other club in the Premiership except Arsenal.

BigBalloon
26th April, 2008, 12:17 AM
well c if stevie texts him !!!!
if we could buy anyone to link up with torres ....david villa or have always liked younger version of litmanenn..... saviola hes fallen out of flavor at real plus they got him on a free from barca so who knows

Jaffa
9th May, 2008, 08:23 PM
RAFA BENITEZ wants to make Sammy Lee his new assistant manager.
The Reds boss is looking to move quickly to add to his backroom staff after first team coach Alex Miller quit the club to take the manager?s job at Japanese side JEF United Chiba.
Lee, who served Liverpool with distinction as a player and a coach, is at the top of Benitez?s wish list and an approach could be imminent if approved by both Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
Publicly, Benitez says there are several names under consideration for the role but privately he has already decided Lee is his best man.
And having not had an assistant since Pako Ayesteran left Anfield under a cloud earlier this season, he will take the opportunity to fill that position rather than making a direct replacement for Miller.
Should Lee be appointed it will go down well with senior members of the Liverpool playing staff who are known to have enjoyed working with him in his spell as a coach during Gerard Houllier?s tenure.
In an eight-year playing career at Anfield Lee amassed a glittering array of honours that included three League titles, two European Cups and four League Cups.
An infectious enthusiasm and unquestionable commitment made him a firm crowd favourite, before injury and loss of form saw some sections of the crowd turn on him and he moved on to QPR.
After spells at Osasuna, Southampton and Bolton, Lee returned to Anfield under Graeme Souness in 1993.
He impressed as reserve team coach and in 1999 was promoted to first team coach under Gerard Houllier.
His coaching potential did not go unnoticed by those at the FA, however, and in July 2004 he left Anfield a second time to become a full-time member of the England coaching set-up.
Handed his first job as full-time manager at Bolton in March 2007, he survived just 14 games and has been out of the game since then.
On Miller?s departure Benitez said: ?It is very positive news for Alex.
?This is a very good opportunity for him to coach in Japan and I want to wish Alex all the best in his new job.
?I am considering new staff for the new season. We are checking some names and will be in contact with them and see what we can do.?
Meanwhile, contrary to speculation, Liverpool have not received an offer from Inter Milan for captain Steven Gerrard.
And, as revealed in the ECHO earlier this week, the Reds have no interest in Barcelona left-back Eric Adibal.
Benitez confirmed rumours suggesting the French international is Anfield bound are totally unfounded.
He said: "I do not like to talk about players but he is not a player we are looking for."

Bulld0g
11th May, 2008, 05:16 PM
TORRES BREAKS RECORD IN FINAL DAY WIN

Liverpool have signed off with three points after second-half goals from Andriy Voronin and Fernando Torres secured a 2-0 victory at White Hart Lane.

The Reds opened the scoring through their ponytailed striker after an hour of dour end-of-season football.

From there the game burst into life, with Torres netting his 24th league goal of the campaign to see him overtake Ruud van Nistelrooy and become the most prolific foreigner ever in a debut season.

Liverpool could have had a hatful from there, not that it really mattered in what was a dead rubber of a game.

If the opening exchanges were a little flat, a giant inflatable ball which made its way on to the pitch certainly wasn't. It was allowed to roll around for several minutes until Didier Zokora delighted the home fans by booting it back. It was 10 minutes before either team provided similar entertainment, Liverpool working it well down the right before Voronin's volley forced Radek Cerny into an acrobatic save.

The visitors were soon threatening again when Steven Gerrard pinged a lovely ball down the left for the onrushing Ryan Babel. Torres, the cause of fervent bouncing in the away end throughout, busted a gut to get into the box but a combination of poor control and good defending from Jonathan Woodgate meant he needn't have bothered. Minutes later Babel did manage to produce an end product only to be denied by a diving Cerny.

It felt like chucking out time at the inn, both sides being ordered to finish their dregs before stumbling off for a kip ahead of a new, er, season. Not that either manager was showing signs of end-of-term fatigue. Both Benitez and countryman Juande Ramos stood animated through much of the first half, perhaps keen to earn bragging rights among the Spanish branch of the League Managers' Association.

The latter was almost celebrating after 25 minutes when Dimitar Berbatov headed towards the bottom right-hand corner of Pepe Reina's net. The Golden Glove winner had to be at his clean-sheet keeping best to push the ball out for a corner.

The result might have been academic here, but elsewhere in the Premier League fingernails were at a premium as teams diced with destiny at both ends of the table. News of a Man Utd opener promoted surreal celebrations around nine tenths of the Lane, one of the few stadiums in England where United are the lesser of two evils.

Back on the grass, the second-half began where the first left off, though a neat piece of combination play between Gerrard and Torres soon presented the Spain international with a fine chance to make it 33 in total this season. So often this year Premier League goalkeepers have lost the battle of nerves when face-to-face with El Nino but not this time, Cerny using his legs to pull off an unlikely save. He was also on hand to thwart Andriy Voronin's low drive minutes later.

Spurs then opened up the Liverpool defence with some intricate passing which left Robbie Keane with a decent chance to open the scores. The Republic of Ireland man dragged his shot wide when he should have done better.

Finally the game was opening up. Next Gerrard burst forward before unleashing a curler just over the bar, while down at the other end Reina had to be smart to stop a volley from the otherwise anonymous Steed Malbranque.

Then, on 68 minutes, the breakthrough, Torres the architect in laying a superb throughball before Ukraine international dispatched with ease to take his personal tally for the season to six.

Spurs almost made an immediate reply when Berbatov sent a classy volley towards the Liverpool goal. Unfortunately for him, Reina was equal to it with a world-class stop.

Instead it was the visitors who struck again with a trademark goal from, who else, Torres. The 24-year-old turned Alan Hutton on a sixpence before rolling what seemed like his 100th goal into an opposition net.

It was turning into a classic. Well, maybe. Hutton almost made it three when he headed towards his own goal from close range. Liverpool then hit the bar through Torres after great work from substitute Yossi Benayoun.

The Israeli could have bagged a couple himself later on but 2-0 it was to remain.

Elsewhere, United won the title after beating Wigan, while Derby, Birmingham and Reading have all been relegated.

Ebro
20th May, 2008, 01:35 PM
Liverpool Football Club today confirmed that Swiss international defender Philipp Degen will sign a contract with the club on July 1
Another rightback for us.

daz24c
22nd May, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hi fellow reds! i think we need to bring in sum gd talent upfront to partner torres and get a left bk n then we should b up there with the rest!we need rid of the shit like voronin!we do not need anymore midfielders!dont no why we keep gettin linked with new 1s.who would you leave out to put the newcomers in?

Erazor786
22nd May, 2008, 05:24 PM
i would have to agree with u there daz24c, we definitely need to get rid of Voronin, and i think Riise as well. He's been a great player for Liverpool but i think it time he moved on.

we need players that can influence matches, right now i can only see 3 players that we have which can influence a match, Stevey G, Torres and Babbel. we need more players like that which can contribute 10-15 goals a season to help us to be contenders for the title.

BigBalloon
23rd May, 2008, 08:46 AM
we r not as far behind as alot of people think... a couple of attack minded full backs ie the likes of alves would be nice and someone for torres .... would like to c saviola (bin around for ages but still v young)
this season if u take the top 3 ... chelski lead at anfield dodgey pen ...2 points
lead twice with arsenal.... 4 points
get a result with scum ie draw ... take 2 points of them

that would actually leave us 3 points behind the scum ...... interesting thoughts .... this was also highligthed by aldo so not as far behind as most think !!!!!

Bulld0g
1st June, 2008, 04:06 PM
Liverpool are officially the best team in Europe. The Anfield club top the official Uefa rankings that are based on European performances over the last five years. AC Milan are a point behind in second, Chelsea make into third while European champions Manchester United only make it to seventh. (Sunday Express)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2009.html

Ebro
2nd June, 2008, 01:27 PM
Go figure. It's amazing what you can do with statistics.

singhl
7th June, 2008, 10:09 AM
The stats are based on historical facts, not flash in the pan recent events, fact is only 2 uk teams have ever won the champions league, none of them from London - go figure

BigBalloon
8th June, 2008, 11:18 AM
they r taken over the last five years .... so look at liverpool winners , runner up, semi finalist and quarter finalist.AC milan r second a point behind us with chelski 3rd.

lalajones
14th June, 2008, 12:07 AM
I hope Liverpool does buy a new striker and they get rid of that voronin. I think Liverpool missed out on Defoe

Ebro
17th June, 2008, 11:21 AM
Looks like Portsmouth are finally putting some cash up for Crouch this week. 10 million should help towards another striker.

Also Risse, is finally going. Such a shame, always liked him.

Bulld0g
6th July, 2008, 04:52 PM
Guillem Balague Website (http://www.guillembalague.com/interview_desp.php?id=15)

Guillem: What did you learn from your first coach?

Fernando Torres: I?ve had lots of coaches, from when I was five, but my first professional coach was Manolo Rangel at Atl?tico when I started there at about ten years old. He was the first one who told me I was going to play in the top flight, but he also used to remind me I should always aim to enjoy myself. He used to let us choose the training exercises, one player each day.

He?d ask one of the kids: ?What do you want us to do today?? Over the years you forget the details, but the thing he taught me that has stayed with me is the importance of enjoying yourself, as if it wasn?t a job.

I learned from him that you have to apply yourself every day in training, but above all, that this is a game to be enjoyed.

Guillem: And the man in the street?

Torres: I remember something from the day I left to join Liverpool. It was at Madrid airport, and there were loads of people and cameras everywhere. It was a very emotional time, and my parents were upset to see me leaving. There was this old guy there, nobody knew who he was, but he was quite indignant and he came up to me really upset and said: ?It?s a shame that you have to leave Atl?tico, but I can see that you need to leave to realise your full potential and to be all that you can be; to show the world what we all already know: how good you really are.?

When you play for a football team, it?s times like that you realise many people love you more and care more about you as a person than a footballer. I took those words to heart. Of course, people had said similar things to me before, but this was different.

This was a 60-year-old guy I?d never met before, who?d been an Atl?tico fan all his life, who loved his team ? but at that moment he was more concerned about my well-being than anything else. What makes it even more special is that I realise those are
the things football is losing little by little. But I will carry those words with me for a long while. That really moved me.

Guillem: What has your father taught you?

Torres: A lot. A person is a reflection of his parents. I?ve never been one for trying to stand out, and I?m embarrassed being the centre of attention, but whenever I am in the foreground, I know my father is always there in the background watching over me. I remember playing a match for Atl?tico when I was eleven or 12 years old in the village of Legan?s, and the coach decided to substitute me. There was a guy watching the game, hurling abuse at me, calling me all kinds of names. I put my head up and looked at him, and my father was there, right next to him, but he didn?t say a word; he was completely impassive. He didn?t even look at this guy, let alone say anything to him or start a fight like some parents might. He was just there.

I will never forget that. He was watching everything that goes on and accepting that is the way things are. And that?s how he always is: there, supporting me regardless of what?s going on around him and always with a very gentleman-like attitude.
People might be surprised with my dad?s reaction, but it is a reflection of his personality, the way he has always been, in the background, accepting things as they come.

I learned from him at that moment, this is something I would have to put up with for the rest of my career: Insults, criticism from people that don?t know me. I have had it from packed stadiums, but I know my dad has been in the stands watching me. So, I have learned to prefer to stay in the background, to let people around me take the spotlight, something I?ve never been comfortable with. I?ve never forgotten, thanks to my dad, the importance of the ?other person?.

Of course there have been occasions where I haven?t been able to avoid the plaudits, or to be in the headlines, but I have always preferred the people closest to me to get the attention.

Guillem: And your mother?

Torres: I learned all about self-sacrifice from her.

She gave up a lot to see me fulfil my ambitions. She didn?t go to work because she was too busy taking me to and from training: every day, from where we lived in Fuenlabrada into Madrid, which meant getting a train, then a bus, then walking through a park. She did it at eight in the morning and again at six in the evening, just to make her son happy. I sometimes think about many old teammates of mine that didn?t make it, and they had mothers who did the same for them.

Both my mum and dad gave much more importance to looking after their son than to themselves. It?s a gift they gave me ? I am much happier when I see people around me happy than when I am happy myself.

Everything I am now is a tribute to my mother?s hard work and all that she gave up for me.

Guillem: What about your girlfriend, Olalla?

Torres: I?ve learned a great deal from her. That?s how it is when you find someone you want to share your life with: you have a lot in common and you learn from one another but, above all, they give you something you don?t have yourself. She is a calming influence on me whenever I?m being impulsive, when things are not going well or when we lose a match.

She has had to suffer much disappointed ranting and moaning, especially when I was at Atl?tico. Now she is also having a good time herself. She has always known how to calm me down when I haven?t been able to see the way out of the tunnel, or wake me up when I?ve been sleeping. She pushes me when I need to be encouraged.

The person that lives with you is sometimes the only one capable of helping you up when you don?t realise how down you are.

Guillem: How about your dogs?

Torres: That it?s not all about the material things in life. It?s not about the things you have or what you have achieved. Life?s about the little things, like five minutes playing in the garden with my dogs. It helps me forget about everything else.

Sometimes ten minutes with my dogs can mean as much to me as playing in a big game of football.

Guillem: What have you learned from playing alongside Steven Gerrard?

Torres: I really admire Steven Gerrard because I know the pressure he is under every day, everybody talking about him all day long ? in the changing room, in the pubs, in the stadium?

I?ve heard people say he should be stronger, have a stronger personality. And I know by experience how difficult it is to deal with all that, and he?s at another level of course ? because Liverpool is a huge club. I was captain of my team from a very young age and I knew everybody was talking about me. I could feel it, I could see it out of the corner of my eye, especially when things weren?t going right. People look at you from a distance and challenge you with their eyes. All that happens every day to Stevie and he copes with it, everything that is expected of him all the time.

He?s always under tremendous pressure to perform, and everyone looks to him to show leadership, to lift the team. He?s a great example to everyone, and those of us who have been in a similar situation know how difficult it is to handle. It?s incredible the way he carries himself regardless of what is going on around him.

I?d love to be captain of another team one day, and Steven has shown me how to be a great leader.

Guillem: Anything from a referee?

Torres: Well, first of all that these guys aren?t the enemy!

We?re all just trying to do a job: players and referees. I?ve chatted with refs in Spain for like half an hour about football and stuff, and you know what? We shouldn?t complain about their decisions, get too angry or protest too much, because, after all, they are just trying to do the best that they can. We?re all in the same business.

There was one ref in one of our matches ? I can?t remember that well what happened, but I know I was the subject of abuse ? and he came up to me and said: ?Now you know how I feel every weekend.? Before that, I hadn?t given it much thought, I used to have a go at them myself. Now I try to help as much as possible.

We have to realise everybody is fighting his own corner .

Guillem: What has Rafa Ben?tez taught you?

Torres: To demand a lot of myself daily, not to relax.

When you are in a team where things are going mostly well, players tend to relax. But you must always push yourself; never become complacent; try to do your best every single day. At a club like Liverpool, you can?t sit back after scoring 20-odd goals and say: ?Well that?s it.? After you score 20, Ben?tez is at you during the next training session and stays on top of you all day, all week. He tells you to go off on your own and do new exercises.

There are days when you think: ?My God, this guy doesn?t let you breathe!?

At times like that you don?t realise all he wants is for you to improve. I want to progress in life, not relax, not be complacent, and you need someone close to you telling you to keep at it. It is impossible to do it otherwise. We don?t always fancy having someone like that so close, but in the long term I am sure everybody will thank him for it.

Guillem: Did the Atl?tico fans teach you anything?

Torres: I?m an Atl?tico fan, and I would love the chance to go back there.

Maybe I?ll be able to play them in the UEFA Champions League! I like to think I?d get a good reception from them. Whenever I bump into an Atl?tico fan in the street, I?m still considered one of them, one of their own, and that?s a wonderful thing.

It would be really hard for me if I ever went back there and I didn?t get a warm reception. That would be very difficult to deal with. I hope it is not the case.

Guillem: And the Liverpool supporters?

Torres: You can?t imagine better support.

They are totally behind their team, supporting us through thick and thin. No matter what happens they are always behind me and the team ? when you?re wearing that red shirt of Liverpool, they give you their full support, to the death.

If you make a mistake they won?t criticise you ? because you are wearing the Liverpool shirt, and they support the shirt well above any name.

They enjoy the players they have at any time, and they are gracious when former players return with other teams, showing them their appreciation. When things are going well, they love their players; when they are going not so well, they are still proud of their team.

As players, we always feel we have their backing, that they?re 100% behind us ? and we appreciate that very much.That?s the big difference between here and Spain.

Guillem: What about books or films? Have you got anything out of them?

Torres: Different things from books, but above all, friendship is very important. Your relationships are all you have, even when there is nothing else left, and I?ve learned that your friends should be for life. The other thing is that because books are written from, and reveal, people?s personal experiences, they have taught me that deep down we are all the same; we all have the same hopes, desires and fears; the same basic needs in terms of security, family and relationships.

I?ve learned, too, that envy can be a very bad thing, a bad quality. However, it?s not something I?ve encountered here. The people you meet just aren?t like that. Wherever I go, whether it?s Liverpool or Manchester, the people have always been very kind and respectful.

Ultimately, I?ve learned to enjoy what I have in life.

Guillem: What about the journalists who write about you?

Torres: I?ve learned a lot from a number of journalists!

At the end of the day, we footballers are quite egoistical, and most of us would probably say that good journalists are the ones who say good things about us, and the bad ones are those who paint us in a bad light. I?ve learned that there are some who print bad things and criticise me ? but not as a way of helping me, but to do me harm, and hinder me. I won?t name names and they?re not worth worrying about ? but do I want to show them they are wrong?

Whatever I do, I do for myself, but yes, sometimes I also do it to show them they are wrong. Perhaps their criticism has been right at times, but now, whenever I step out on the pitch, I make sure they can?t say that any more.

Guillem: Finally, have you been affected by a journey or a place you?ve visited?

Torres: I?ve been to quite a few poor places like Polynesia, Bora Bora, Natal, the Amazon in Brazil, parts of Mexico: places where the people are exploited, where they have next to nothing. And the thing that has stuck with me most is that the people who have the least are always those who are willing to give the most.

In these places, devoid of material things and the envy that we obsess about in our world, I?ve found the people are so generous and prepared to share everything.
That?s an incredible thing.

And you know what, it makes you realise that sometimes we players live an unreal life. I would love sometimes to live away from some of the stuff that surrounds us, the excess of money, the jealousies. I go away to these places and it makes me want to share everything with everybody. Then I come back to Europe and, well, it is different here, isn?t it?

Bulld0g
7th July, 2008, 04:52 PM
Peter Crouch is poised to complete his switch from Liverpool to Portsmouth in a deal that could be worth up to ?11m.

The two clubs reached an agreement over the weekend and Liverpool confirmed on Monday they had given the 27-year-old permission to talk.

"We have reached a verbal agreement with Portsmouth and have given them permission to speak with Peter," a Liverpool statement said.

Crouch wants to link up with Pompey again six years after leaving.

He will team up with Jermain Defoe in a new-look Portsmouth attack next season.

Liverpool are expected to initially receive in the region of ?9m for Crouch, who joined the club from Southampton in July 2005 but only started nine Premier League games last term.

Anfield boss Rafael Benitez initially said he would consider offers for Crouch in the region of ?15m but has been forced to scale back his demands for a player with only a year left on his current contract.

Crouch has scored 40 goals in 135 appearances for Liverpool but has struggled to hold down a regular first-team place in recent times.

He was relegated behind Fernando Torres, who scored 33 goals for the Reds after signing from Atletico Madrid last summer.

However, he was a popular figure with Liverpool fans and still managed to net 11 goals as he was mainly used as a substitute by Benitez.

Crouch started his career as a trainee at Tottenham before moves to QPR, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Norwich - where he had a spell on loan - Southampton and Liverpool.

Mike83
16th July, 2008, 12:59 PM
I'll miss Crouch, hope we use this to fund a new striker, and not Gareth Barry.

Bulld0g
16th July, 2008, 06:01 PM
YouTube - Fernando Torres - Nike Advert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9AWfmoF1c)

<--Bulld0g added 6 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...-->

FC Lucerne 18 35 Today Channel 5

Ebro
21st July, 2008, 10:18 PM
QUE! Scorchio.!

biffo1
29th July, 2008, 12:05 AM
Full Story

Here (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28072008/58/premier-league-keane-joins-liverpool-angry-spurs.html)

shy9010
30th July, 2008, 01:16 PM
cant wait for the new season to start, hope we can get silva

Smellyjocks
30th July, 2008, 01:18 PM
Its great to see robbie at liverpool, I hope we get to see him tonight on sly sports 1

Bulld0g
26th October, 2008, 04:52 PM
Liverpool demonstrated their growing title credentials by ending Chelsea's 86-game unbeaten run in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge and moving three points clear at the top of the table.

Xabi Alonso's deflected 10th-minute goal gave Liverpool victory and shattered a Chelsea sequence stretching back to February 2004 on home turf.

It was a deserved triumph for Rafael Benitez's side ? achieved without Fernando Torres ? and the first setback for the reign of Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea.

Chelsea enjoyed long periods of possession, but Liverpool never flinched and could have doubled their victory margin had Alonso's second-half free-kick not hit an upright.

Ashley Cole missed Chelsea's best chance after the break, allowing Liverpool to record a victory which is of huge significance in terms of their confidence and self-belief.

If this game was a measure of Liverpool's ability to finally mount a serious title challenge, then they will have left west London in the knowledge that they now appear to have the ability to finally challenge Chelsea and Manchester United in domestic battle.

Chelsea simply ran out of ideas in the face of a red wall of defensive resistance, with Liverpool's defence ? led magnificently by Jamie Carragher ? impenetrable.

Scolari's side opened with a surge of confidence, but took a real knock when Alonso gave Liverpool the lead.

He latched on to a half-clearance, and while his effort carried little power, a deflection off Jose Bosingwa was enough to wrong-foot Petr Cech.

The rest of the opening period was a tale of Chelsea dominating possession ? but Liverpool were superbly organised and carried an ever-present threat of a second goal on the break.

Steven Gerrard almost provided it after 23 minutes with a dipping effort from 25 yards that required the fingertips of Cech to turn it to safety.

Javier Mascherano was offering Liverpool's defence fierce protection, and an atmosphere of frustration was growing around Stamford Bridge.

But Deco almost provided the equaliser nine minutes before the interval when Gerrard lost possession, and the Portugal midfielder advanced before sending a left-foot shot inches wide.

Chelsea may have enjoyed territorial superiority in the first 45 minutes, but the resilience Liverpool have demonstrated throughout this season ensured keeper Pepe Reina had not had any serious work to do.

Liverpool's increasing confidence was demonstrated at the start of the second half, with Gerrard pushed into a more advanced role in support of Robbie Keane.

There was a moment of anxiety for Reina after 54 minutes when he brought down Florent Malouda as he raced into the area, but the linesman's flag had already been raised.

It was Malouda's final contribution as Scolari made a double change, sending substitutes Franco di Santo and Juliano Belletti, with Salomon Kalou also taken off.

Liverpool sent on Ryan Babel for Robbie Keane ? and they came within inches of doubling their advantage after 61 minutes.

Alonso's low free-kick left Cech motionless, but for Liverpool it agonisingly struck the base of the post and stayed out.

Cole, having already been booked, ran the risk of a red card with a needless foul on Babel, but the foolish intervention of Mascherano in an attempt to ensure he was sent off ended with a yellow card for the Argentine.

Liverpool had applied pressure points to Chelsea all over the pitch, and as the clock ticked down on their formidable home record, some of the calm and order that had characterised their play had disappeared.

But they fashioned their best chance of the game after 72 minutes, only for Cole to slice hopelessly wide when Di Santo knocked Frank Lampard's cross into his path.

Carragher defended heroically to block Deco, but Babel then showed his threat with a rising drive that was just inches away.

Chelsea pressed in the closing stages, but never in any convincing fashion on another day when Liverpool confirmed their growing stature.

hideous.ape
27th October, 2008, 01:47 PM
Great stuff yesterday:)

I'm actually less worried about the big teams now after seeing off United and Chelsea once already.
I think we will beat Arsenal at least once this season too.
It's when we play the mid to low end teams that stick 11 behind the ball that we struggle.
Beating United and Chelsea is great and all but we need to be hammering the weaker teams - home and away.

Right now Liverpool are the most consistent team in the EPL...if we get Keane, Torres and Gerrard firing on all cylinders and avoid major injuries we are genuinely in with a shout this year:)

nickoskip
28th November, 2008, 03:17 PM
hi new today

liverpool fc!!!!

king kenny
28th November, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hi all

New to all this but trying to fill in my liverpool dream team. Stuck on one position, who was LFC's best central midfielder Gerrard or Souness?

gwilson1
28th November, 2008, 05:33 PM
So whats the chances of Liverpool winning? i say slim

hideous.ape
28th November, 2008, 05:51 PM
I'd pick Gerrard...simply because Souness had a lot of equally good players on the park with him at the time. In fairness, at times Liverpool are a one man show these days!!!

Without Gerrard, Liverpool today often look completely lost.
Without Souness, the team in his day would have had the talent to pull through.

Well if this team are serious about the league then a home win Monday should be expected. United and Chelsea may have dropped some more points with the games they have this weekend.

I reckon we will draw or lose too many games against poor opposition and miss out on the league by a few points, we've already dropped six or seven points that we shouldn't have.

Regards,
hideous.ape

opsmonkey
28th November, 2008, 07:39 PM
mate how negative are you..?
we are equal top on points..
we arent playing particually well but we're still on the same points as chelsea..

none of the big 4 won last saturday, so to say we will miss out for dropping points is a bit wrong.. no team in the history of the league has ever not dropped points..

we have every chance of winning the title this season..
the buzz around the city will tell you that, its a genuine belief..

djcj
28th November, 2008, 09:35 PM
villa fan myself but like a bit liverpool

djcj
28th November, 2008, 09:36 PM
any 1 reakon villa have achived greatness this season from last

xxdebzxx1989
28th November, 2008, 09:37 PM
liverpool fc

hideous.ape
29th November, 2008, 01:57 AM
mate how negative are you..?

I'm cranky, it's cold outside and I just found out I have to work over the Xmas and New Year...19 years....19 years....etc.
Seriously though this is the best start to a campaign in years but I'm just calling it how I see it.

A good performance on Monday will cheer me up though:)

kooler
1st December, 2008, 03:15 PM
Liverpool have got another chance again to go top of the table today!!! Lets hope the Mighty Reds takes full advantage of yesterdays chelsea's result. Its time to bring back the league back to the KOP!!

Jango
1st December, 2008, 05:31 PM
Liverpool have got another chance again to go top of the table today!!! Lets hope the Mighty Reds takes full advantage of yesterdays chelsea's result. Its time to bring back the league back to the KOP!!

There is nothing better than a kopite (sorry Liverpool fan) hamming up his team for a win before it even happens. This is the sort of game that West Ham will love, Monday night in the freezing cold and it is cold in Liverpool at the moment. I'm sure they would rather play 'the mighty reds' tonight than on a warm sunny Saturday afternoon, just how the Spanish love it.

Come on the hammers !!!!

Ballistic
1st December, 2008, 11:01 PM
0-0 didn't watch it but a missed opportunity at home.

:devil:

B

opsmonkey
1st December, 2008, 11:28 PM
the only passion on show tonight was a passion for mediocrity..
what a lackluster performance.. no title or cup can be won with that sort of display.. what more could you ask for than a home game to go 3 points clear..

Keane - woeful
Gerrard - Badly off-colour
Kuyt - constant poor decision making
Riera - Lackluster

serious improvement neeed..

dctyper
2nd December, 2008, 12:00 AM
problem we face now, is every team we play will put 10 men behind the ball. we need to be better, no point turning it on in the 80th minute

fcuk that ngog off and play babel more often thats what i say.

Jack.lfc
2nd December, 2008, 12:07 AM
problem we face now, is every team we play will put 10 men behind the ball. we need to be better, no point turning it on in the 80th minute

fcuk that ngog off and play babel more often thats what i say.

I disagree thought westham had a good go for it tonight and could have easily won it.

opsmonkey
2nd December, 2008, 12:31 AM
I disagree thought westham had a good go for it tonight and could have easily won it.

you must have watched a differnt match than me then..

they loaded the midfield.. only had 20% of the possesion.. 3 shots on target..

they were there for the taking.. Utd or Chelsea would have ripped them apart tonight

kooler
2nd December, 2008, 03:02 PM
It was not a good game. As usual many chances but no finishing. The strikers need to prove their monies worth and not rely on Gerard and Torres.

knh4
2nd December, 2008, 03:53 PM
Maybe the pressure of staying at the top got to you lot. A Man Utd or Chelsea team would have relished this sort of opportunity.

smokey_jnr
2nd December, 2008, 03:57 PM
you'll neva win the title... especially if gerrard keeps on doing those air shots and landing flat on his arse....!!!

up the villa!!!

Jack.lfc
2nd December, 2008, 04:11 PM
you'll neva win the title... especially if gerrard keeps on doing those air shots and landing flat on his arse....!!!

up the villa!!!

I think you meant especially if you have robbie keane in the team.

hideous.ape
2nd December, 2008, 05:13 PM
Not Keano's fault if he's played out of position and receives no supply for the 60 odd minutes Rafa allows him...Keano has never been any good as an out and out frontman.
Ball to feet + Keane + proper position = chances created for the frontman.
Down through the years Irish managers would leave him up top running around like he was Dirk Kuyt or something.
The following weekend in the Premiership he would be partnered with Berbatov, playing in the spaces linking midfield and the frontman:
Berbatov would score twice, both created by Keane.

I could have told Rafa that buying Keane and sticking him up top would be pointless!
Liverpools biggest problem is the gulf in quality between Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Carragher, Keane and the remainder of the squad.
Chelsea and United have much more balanced squads with much more talent on the bench to change things...we have:

- Andrea "Plays like he is named" Dossena
- Fabio "Whats a 20 yard pass" Aurelio
- Lucas "No seriously, I'm Brazilian" Leiva
- Dirk "Heart of a lion, skills of a donkey" Kuyt
- Yossi "My niece could shoulder him off the ball" Benayoun
- Alvaro "Comeback Stevie Finan" Arbeloa
- Albert "Nice first touch, great sidestep...but why are you running in slow-motion and now you've lost possession" Riera
- Etc....

If Rafa can win the league with this squad, which he built, he will have earned his place amongst the greats!

Jack.lfc
2nd December, 2008, 05:21 PM
If Rafa can win the league with this squad, which he built, he will have earned his place amongst the greats!

Look at the squad he won the cl with ;)

opsmonkey
2nd December, 2008, 07:35 PM

up the villa!!!

yep because Gerrard is consistantly poor week in week out isnt he.. :shot:

up the villa... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. may i remind you of your final league positions in recent years..

07/08 - 6th
06/07 - 11th ha ha
05/06 - 16th a ha ha ha ha ha ha
04/05 - 10th ha ha

kevob215
4th December, 2008, 12:04 AM
you must have watched a differnt match than me then..

they loaded the midfield.. only had 20% of the possesion.. 3 shots on target..

they were there for the taking.. Utd or Chelsea would have ripped them apart tonight

maybe because man.u or chelsea will win the league.....
:ciao:

reddave
6th December, 2008, 09:38 PM
Other good win for the reds today, it's tough at the top!!!

Free michael shields

dctyper
6th December, 2008, 10:51 PM
yes mate, we were poor in the 1st half though

opsmonkey
6th December, 2008, 11:35 PM
to be honest we were ~~~~ing awful... the first 45 was a joke..
we are passing well but its not happening in the last third..

but we are top.. and playing badly.. thats how titles are ground out..

hideous.ape
6th December, 2008, 11:52 PM
Positives:

Insua, Hyppia, Reina.
Winning while playing awful.
Still top of the league.

Negatives:

Loads of possession but little or no creativity.
Babel was shocking.
Kuyt was in Second Division mode today.
Benyaoun was poor except for the goal.
Rafa has no "Plan B" when Torres is out.

Keane may never recover any form if Rafa doesn't trust him enough to change the formation to suit him.
At least give the lad 90mins for at least 5 or 6 games in a row in his proper position.

statdotstar
9th December, 2008, 03:12 PM
Positives:

Insua, Hyppia, Reina.
Winning while playing awful.
Still top of the league.

Negatives:

Loads of possession but little or no creativity.
Babel was shocking.
Kuyt was in Second Division mode today.
Benyaoun was poor except for the goal.
Rafa has no "Plan B" when Torres is out.

Keane may never recover any form if Rafa doesn't trust him enough to change the formation to suit him.
At least give the lad 90mins for at least 5 or 6 games in a row in his proper position.

Agree about Keane, how does anyone get confidence from sitting on the bench? As for Babel...all the skill in the world - but a lazy g*t, seen more life in a tramp's vest, and now it turns out he asked to go back to Ajax for a while. Bloody cheek, he should at least have done the right thing by Liverpool and insisted it was a permanent move!

lfc4life
9th December, 2008, 11:06 PM
I would like to say well done to liverpool for topping there group after there 3-1 win away at psv .

Here is a link to the match report from bbc -

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | PSV 1-3 Liverpool (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7763223.stm)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

topdog
10th December, 2008, 06:18 PM
well done to liverpool

carlosos
11th December, 2008, 08:55 PM
what do you think about babel cant make my mind up

lfc4life
11th December, 2008, 09:06 PM
what do you think about babel cant make my mind up

theres no doubting his skill but i think his finishing is letting him down. and any player thats says "i want to leave cause im not getting a game" should be let go. cause he shows he is not fully committed to the club
;););)

lfc4life
13th December, 2008, 09:01 PM
what unbelievable load of shit!! We should have buried hull!!!

GET RAFA OUT NO CLUE WITH WHO HE IS PICKING AND FORMATION!

AND KEANE ON THE BENCH WTF:mad:

hideous.ape
14th December, 2008, 12:01 AM
It is beginning to look like Rafa is masterminding his own downfall of late. And in the process throw away the best chance of winning the league in 20 years.

Keane - the most expensive fourth striker in the world???

The treatment Keane has received so far has been disgraceful from Rafa...Kuyt, Ngog, El Zhar and Babel regularily get on ahead of him. If I was Keane I would ask for a transfer at this stage...as a Liverpool fan I hope he grabs the next chance he gets and forces Rafa to show him the respect he has earned - over 100 Premiership goals.

If Rafa didn't want him then he should have bought quality left and rightbacks instead cause even when Torres is out injured Keane is still sitting on the bench....Kuyt should never wear red again. Ferguson and Scholari must piss themselves laughing when they see this clown playing 90mins for Liverpool each week. Today he hit one cross and then he fell over, mis-kicked, mis-controlled or passed like a retard for 90mins! Every other manager in the world would have subbed him at half-time or earlier.

Dossena - well what can I say...put Keane on in his place and Keane would do a job for the team. Hell a cardboard cutout of Keane would defend better!

Each week Rafa is making decisions that are causing us to lose points. I fully accept been beaten by the better team on any given day but putting Kuyt up front on his own at home to Hull City!!!

lfc4life
14th December, 2008, 08:51 PM
NOW, rafa has to take this chance surely!! Chelsea and arsenal, man utd all slip up and we can't take advantage. BUT he needs to now and we ain't going to win nothing at all with playing just one up front! :hello::hello:

And whats this not playing keane again for? Rafa you seriously need to look at yourself??? :banghead::banghead:

opsmonkey
16th December, 2008, 08:36 PM
what unbelievable load of shit!! We should have buried hull!!!

GET RAFA OUT NO CLUE WITH WHO HE IS PICKING AND FORMATION!

AND KEANE ON THE BENCH WTF:mad:

knee jerk reaction or what.. and who would you replace him with..?

We are top of the table FFS.. have a word

lfc4life
16th December, 2008, 09:12 PM
its not a knee jerk reaction! ffs benitez will always put the champions league first! because he does better there then in the league. And what has achieved with with all the money he has had??? There no doubting the quality of some of the players but the rest aren't good enough!!!:banghead::banghead:

andy4
16th December, 2008, 09:16 PM
i wish we had your problems
top of epl next round in europe
what a aweful season your having

thered
16th December, 2008, 09:20 PM
you wont win the league with benitez as manager but i also dont believe you will win the league till you get a chairman with bottomless pockets like chelsea or city

you do not have the consistency or squad for a season and benitez prefers the c/l you have had your chance to open a gap as united and chelsea are not firing you have not took it

benitez is a good cup manager nothing more but you will do no better with any other manager unless you get unlimited purse strings to compete with the rest over a season

lfc4life
16th December, 2008, 09:21 PM
love the sense of sarcasum! lol want to check your spelling there mate too? And we won't win the league at this rate if he keeps ****ing it up! He is been left off twice by chelsea ****ing up twice but how many lucky breaks does he need? :cheers:

opsmonkey
16th December, 2008, 09:22 PM
lol a ha ha ha ha hahah ha ha ha ha JOKE SHOP..

that sounds like the mancs are s**tting themselves this year

scousers top of the league and playing poorly..

lfc4life
16th December, 2008, 09:23 PM
you wont win the league with benitez as manager but i also dont believe you will win the league till you get a chairman with bottomless pockets like chelsea or city

you do not have the consistency or squad for a season and benitez prefers the c/l you have had your chance to open a gap as united and chelsea are not firing you have not took it

benitez is a good cup manager nothing more but you will do no better with any other manager unless you get unlimited purse strings to compete with the rest over a season

SAYS the club that has been landed with wait for it

700 MILLION POUND OF DEBT!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OH and good luck in the world club championship lol another screw up coming with that!

Walk on

opsmonkey
16th December, 2008, 09:35 PM
he's just on the wind up.. if our squad is good enough to be top now its good enough to go the distance..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/flag.jpg

lfc4life
16th December, 2008, 09:36 PM
can i nab that picture of yours? THE five champions league cups picture?

opsmonkey
16th December, 2008, 09:38 PM
course you can fella..! dont even have to ask

lfc4life
18th December, 2008, 07:40 PM
HEY do you believe theres any truth in Liverpool re signing owen?? I personally think if there tried too then maybe he would be a goo addition to out powerless strike force!! :roflmao:

opsmonkey
19th December, 2008, 01:34 AM
no way... owen was great when he was at liverpool but he's a shaddow of his former self.. he wont get 20-30 goals a season..

Fowler came back.. what a waste of time that was.. Owen would be the same

lfc4life
19th December, 2008, 05:25 AM
yeai know! but it seems we are linked with getting heskey back too lol

cowplain35
19th December, 2008, 07:15 AM
Wakey,Wakey,we are top of the table,going into the Christmas-New year.At the start of the season we would of took that,and whether we are going to sign Owen.I am a Liverpool supporter from the days of,Heighway,Mcdermott,super sub Fairclough,Bob Paisley,winning the European cup against Borrussia Munchen Gladbach,i remember that game well,4 days after we lost to Man utd in the FA cup final,lou Macari,Stuart Pearson and all that,Jimmy Case equalising.
I was 7 years old,that's when i became a Liverpool supporter,my older brothers were supporters,not like the band wagon jumpers of today and from 1993 when the Premiership started,before that,they were watching WWF wrestling,now they are watching Man Utd,

cowplain35
19th December, 2008, 07:20 AM
Premiership started in 1992,not sure when the WWF started,i'm sure some bandwagoners could tell me.

cowplain35
19th December, 2008, 07:36 AM
YouTube - Liverpool-Borussia M?nchengladbach 3-1 1977

cowplain35
19th December, 2008, 08:07 AM
Bullet header from Tommy Smith.

lfc4life
19th December, 2008, 07:25 PM
Wakey,Wakey,we are top of the table,going into the Christmas-New year.At the start of the season we would of took that,and whether we are going to sign Owen.I am a Liverpool supporter from the days of,Heighway,Mcdermott,super sub Fairclough,Bob Paisley,winning the European cup against Borrussia Munchen Gladbach,i remember that game well,4 days after we lost to Man utd in the FA cup final,lou Macari,Stuart Pearson and all that,Jimmy Case equalising.
I was 7 years old,that's when i became a Liverpool supporter,my older brothers were supporters,not like the band wagon jumpers of today and from 1993 when the Premiership started,before that,they were watching WWF wrestling,now they are watching Man Utd,

we wont win **** all if he keeps meddling with the team! and playing stupid formations like 4-4-1 ffs:aetsch:

Oscar84
19th December, 2008, 08:29 PM
Totally agree to lfc4life :rulez:

opsmonkey
19th December, 2008, 09:39 PM
we wont win **** all if he keeps meddling with the team! and playing stupid formations like 4-4-1 ffs:aetsch:

you will want to blow him off in may when he wins us the league.. get off his back.. you have no clue.. you are a OOT (Out Of Towner) who watches 10 mins highlights a week

thered
19th December, 2008, 09:47 PM

your bang right m8 its hard enough with a full team out nevermind playing with a man short lol

lfc4life
20th December, 2008, 03:18 PM
you will want to blow him off in may when he wins us the league.. get off his back.. you have no clue.. you are a OOT (Out Of Towner) who watches 10 mins highlights a week

i watch as many games as i can whether its on tele or not! And its got **** all to do with you on how i watch them. I HAVE BEEN a genuine supporter all my life ! but you wait and see he needs to keep the core of the team together and stop playing just one up front!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

opsmonkey
20th December, 2008, 04:46 PM
i watch as many games as i can whether its on tele or not! And its got **** all to do with you on how i watch them. I HAVE BEEN a genuine supporter all my life ! but you wait and see he needs to keep the core of the team together and stop playing just one up front!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

ok ok i take it back.. it was born out of frustration.. no offence meant :)

How anyone can berate a manager and say he's crap and useless when we are sitting at the top of the league and in the last 16 of the Champions League is beyond me.. Hansen's VT piece on Football Focus this morning was class and sums up why Liverpool have a genuine title challenge this season.. the last four teams to lead the table on December 25 have gone on to be champions

lfc4life
20th December, 2008, 10:18 PM
ok ok i take it back.. it was born out of frustration.. no offence meant :)

How anyone can berate a manager and say he's crap and useless when we are sitting at the top of the league and in the last 16 of the Champions League is beyond me.. Hansen's VT piece on Football Focus this morning was class and sums up why Liverpool have a genuine title challenge this season.. the last four teams to lead the table on December 25 have gone on to be champions

well just slagging a team for the hell of it! is totally wrong BUT my concerns are genuine about the team and the manager. Im real proud we are top of the league but like said earlier in the thread if the core of team are kept together there won't be a problem!!! and every team needs two strikers even more at home :D There need to score more :)

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 07:03 PM
MY POINT PROVED!!! we can't beat a ten man team with half an hour too go?? wtf is going on i mean he doesn't even player like a player like pennant who can deliver a killer cross but were is he? And babel why wait till the 70 th minute. Chelsea top by the morrow! Rafa doesn't :stupid:have a clue!

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 07:07 PM
MY POINT PROVED!!! we can't beat a ten man team with half an hour too go?? wtf is going on i mean he doesn't even player like a player like pennant who can deliver a killer cross but were is he? And babel why wait till the 70 th minute. Chelsea top by the morrow! Rafa doesn't :stupid:have a clue!

a ha ha ha ha ha PENNANT.. have a word, he's fcuking sh1te..
You truely have no clue sometimes do you :stupid:

Babel came on and had no impact so why you wanted him on earlier is beyone me..???

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 07:13 PM
well he isin't shite the guy can ****ing play and is better than lucas ffs! I tell you who doesn't have a clue rafa because another inept performance by the league leaders leaves the door open for chelsea the morrow night! Give him a new contract not earned it yet!!!:thefinger::thefinger::banghead:

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 07:18 PM
well he isin't shite the guy can ****ing play and is better than lucas ffs! I tell you who doesn't have a clue rafa because another inept performance by the league leaders leaves the door open for chelsea the morrow night! Give him a new contract not earned it yet!!!:thefinger::thefinger::banghead:

you should go on tour mate.. the only thing Pennant can play is poor crosses.. he cant even clear the first man from a corner ball.. just how would pennant play in lucas's postion of def centre midfield..?

you should take your comedy routine onto one of the proper Liverpool forums mate.. your crackpot ramblings would make us all laugh

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't i would play him in an attacking formation and stop playing so defensive all the time because as the soon too be deposed of league leaders we should be showing the way not shying away!

p.s what a class finish from keane! maybe rafa will play him more now in a 4-4-2 formation.:pepsi:

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 07:29 PM
tell me how today was defensive..?

Riera, Kuyt attacking down the wing, Insua and Arbelloa supporting every ball, Keane up front with Gerrard right behind him as a free man with Alonso & Lucas holding Midfield.. Agger breaking forward at every oportunity..

Subs brought on - Babel (Attacking Midfielder) Ngog (Centre Forward) El Zahar (Attacking Midfielder)

did you even watch the match..?

Matches between the top 4 are tight games.. not 4-3 or 5-4 games.. normally 1 goal wins.. either team could have won or lost..

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 07:31 PM
yes i watched the match and ok i'll give that you that it was a better formation. but how can we not beat a team clearly inferior to ours? And yet again aside from babel weres was the quality on the bench? :roflmao:

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 07:34 PM
wheres the quality..? In the treatment room.. oh and just as a matter of course.. your picture of shankly.. how long did it take him to build a team of quality, a team to go on and dominate....??

5 years..

You probably would have sacked him before that

PS

Id hardly call Arsenal inferior.. Van Persie, Fabregas, Denilson, Galas, shall i go on..?

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 07:37 PM
wheres the quality..? In the treatment room.. oh and just as a matter of course.. your picture of shankly.. how long did it take him to build a team of quality, a team to go on and dominate....??

5 years..

You probably would have sacked him before that

Shankly worked with a lot less money then rafa had obviously and it doesn't seem like he shares the same passion as shankly does? We could have been clear at the top if had not been for his indecision!:laugh:

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 07:43 PM
We obviously share the same passion for the team but we will have too agree to disagree then? :shakehands:

What did you think of us getting real madrid? :)

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 07:43 PM
Shankly worked with a lot less money then rafa had obviously and it doesn't seem like he shares the same passion as shankly does? We could have been clear at the top if had not been for his indecision!:laugh:

i thought we were top...?? If Chelsea were on top form we would be second.. If Utd were on top form we would be third.. If we were on top form we would be 8 points clear...

May i remind you that for the past 7 years we have been way off the pace at Christmas.. and your moaning about being 1 point clear on 21 December..

Have a word with yourself.. You think we will win every game between now and May..? Do you think Chelsea will..? Do you think Utd will..? No..

We are top of the league and in the last 16 of the champions league.. and you want to sack the manager..

YOURE A FOOTBALLING GENIUS

:idea:

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 07:46 PM
I never said we would win every game! You said that ! And we carry on playing with caution we wont win nothing! :eviltongue:

jaggajan
21st December, 2008, 07:48 PM

let the mancs do some damage sat so we can take them on wed !!!![/QUOTE]

hi

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 08:08 PM

let the mancs do some damage sat so we can take them on wed !!!!

we got 3 yellows..??? Keane, Carra & Lucas

thered
21st December, 2008, 08:14 PM
you lot argue more with each other lol

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 08:18 PM

We its good to have a debate about this stuff ! its shame you lot can't lol

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 08:21 PM

the thing with liverpool fans is we have passion.. no prawn sandwich picnicers at our ground mate lol

lfc4life
21st December, 2008, 08:22 PM
the thing with liverpool fans is we have passion.. no prawn sandwich picnicers at our ground mate lol

Thats is true ! I would rather have a burger any day lol

thered
21st December, 2008, 08:32 PM
finally you 2 can agree on something lol

enjoy your brief spell at the top lads it wont last lfc for life is right your managers a fu**wit

18 and 5 bet its still the same come the end of the season you will go longer than 26 years without the top division title with the little chef as manager

opsmonkey
21st December, 2008, 10:34 PM
lol we'll see.. also you will go back to being no-marks and also rans when the pensioner finally goes..

lfc4life
23rd December, 2008, 04:35 PM
What luck we had yet again last night! :D And that terry was shocking :S:beheaded:

lfc4life
25th December, 2008, 06:38 PM
I KNOW i shouldn't the mancs get too me BUT you bang on about the refs being harsh on you. ITS no wonder there are when you surround them like a pack of wolves wanting to kill them! And you have been doing it for years!!! :thefinger:

aftermath
25th December, 2008, 07:16 PM
i have saved this thread and will make everyone eat their own posts at the end of the season. lol

it will be down to 2 teams for the premiership again this season. Utd and Chelsea.

Liverpool and Arsenal are not strong enough yet to win it.

lfc4life
25th December, 2008, 07:19 PM
wether or not this is true we have beaten youse both this season! and its not the teams fault there haven't a bigger lead of youse two! its the in decision of rafa thats going to cost us!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 06:13 PM
excellent display today.. 90 minutes of total domination.. 3 quality goals.. hopefully a message of intent sent out to the chasing pack, that.. we mean business

cowplain35
26th December, 2008, 09:47 PM
Liverpool have already got 7 points from a possible 18,against Man Utd,Chelsea and Arsenal,all these games are 6 pointers when you are trying to win the Premiership.
Liverpool are in a good position now,to win the Premiership.
YouTube - Liverpool-Bruges 1-0 1978

cowplain35
26th December, 2008, 09:58 PM
YouTube - Liverpool Fc v Ac Milan:Great comeback in histroy

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 10:01 PM
YouTube - Liverpool Fc v Ac Milan:Great comeback in histroy (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3s99bDJKEKI)

WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST COMEBACK EVER WAS AND EVER WILL BE!!! LOL

And its something no other british team could EVER do! :D :D

aftermath
26th December, 2008, 10:04 PM
WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST COMEBACK EVER WAS AND EVER WILL BE!!! LOL

And its something no other british team could EVER do! :D :D

sorry to hijack the thread, but remember Bayen Munich, last few mins of the game , Solksjaar and Sheringham ?

cowplain35
26th December, 2008, 10:07 PM
YouTube - Final Champions 2005 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLA4WBTh1M&feature=related)

cowplain35
26th December, 2008, 10:09 PM
That was a good comeback, but 1-0 down,isn't like being 3-0 down.

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 10:11 PM
That was a good comeback, but 1-0 down,isn't like being 3-0 down.

Yes it was because we were playing a team supposed to have been much better than us! And in the 1st half it showed . But when we come out the second half we thought we had nothing to lose and we went for it :D:banghead:

cowplain35
26th December, 2008, 10:16 PM
YouTube - Final Champions 2005

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 10:21 PM
?????????????

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 10:35 PM
sorry to hijack the thread, but remember Bayen Munich, last few mins of the game , Solksjaar and Sheringham ?

they were two good comebacks.. each for their own reason..
however yours was great for the fact that loads and loads of your fans had left the stadium thinking you were beat and missed the goals... bellwhackers

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 10:37 PM
there weren't real fans anyway! a real FAN OR SUPPORTER stays till the end ! :D

Jaffa
26th December, 2008, 10:45 PM
I wish this thread didnt decent into a LFC V Manyoo thread.

My original intention was for LFC news, talking about the game, transfers etc etc, not to go over history.

We all know the history of all clubs.....its history so please leave it there.

We played really well today, totally one sided and it just shows what getting the 1st goal can do for us, to often we have had to come from behind or just not got the goal to win the match.

We will challenge this year, I firmly believe that.

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 10:48 PM
I wish this thread didnt decent into a LFC V Manyoo thread.

My original intention was for LFC news, talking about the game, transfers etc etc, not to go over history.

We all know the history of all clubs.....its history so please leave it there.

We played really well today, totally one sided and it just shows what getting the 1st goal can do for us, to often we have had to come from behind or just not got the goal to win the match.

We will challenge this year, I firmly believe that.

this has happened because man utd fans can't accept we have the better histroy!!!:banghead:

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 10:49 PM
what do u think of real madrid reportedly bidding 3 and half million for him ?:flute:

Jaffa
26th December, 2008, 10:57 PM
this has happened because man utd fans can't accept we have the better histroy!!!:banghead:

I dont care why it happened m8, they have a fantastic history too..but this is not the thread to have tit for tat spats about history.

what do u think of real madrid reportedly bidding 3 and half million for him ?:flute:

I think we should take what we can for him...too inconsistant, some say Rafa doesnt play him enough but look at Riera...he has played almost every game because he is consistant.

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 11:03 PM
Juande Ramos has lost his head.. Pennant a Gal?ctico... :roflmao:
McManaman, Owen, Beckham.. all failed to live up to their status at Madrid..

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 11:05 PM
macca never got played tho:wink:

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 11:18 PM
he made 152 appearances for RM

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 11:30 PM
right clever clogs. but how many as sub? :D

cowplain35
26th December, 2008, 11:32 PM
Opsmonkey,some fans left the stadium,when Liverpool went 3-0 down,that's normal,you are implying it was truck loads,like they were band wagon jumpers or something.Man Utd supporters consist of genuine supporters,the rest of them are genuine band wagon jumpers,not interested in the history of the club,cheer leaders,WWF fans.

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 11:35 PM
LOOK cowplain if ya team is losing it doesn't matter if a few leave or 100 do! you are a fan or suppoter. the true ones stay till the end of the game.]

END OF

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 11:40 PM
Opsmonkey,some fans left the stadium,when Liverpool went 3-0 down,that's normal,you are implying it was truck loads,like they were band wagon jumpers or something.Man Utd supporters consist of genuine supporters,the rest of them are genuine band wagon jumpers,not interested in the history of the club,cheer leaders,WWF fans.

i think your mistaken mate.. very few liverpool supporters left at half time.. Over 1800 Man Ure fans left the Camp Nou with a minute to go and missed their team comeback.. thats why its great.. they pay all that money and miss it all as the stewards wouldnt let them back in..

thats purely what i was saying.. i never mentioned bandwaggon jumpers..

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 12:16 AM
lfc4life,the band wagon jumpers left,ones who'd left the gas on,the other 20,000 or so stayed.

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 12:21 AM
George Best left,when Bayern Munich were 1-0 with not long to go,he did have to get to the bar before closing time,so he's excused,lol,only joking,George Best was a great footballer.

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 12:44 AM
YouTube - Harry Enfield - Scousers in the pub

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 12:49 AM
That reminded me of Toxteth,lol.

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 01:14 AM
YouTube - Harry Enfield - Blind Date Scousers

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 01:39 AM
That reminded me of Toxteth,lol.

have you ever been to toxteth..? theres not many people who look like that

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 01:48 AM
opsmonkey,only kidding,i'm kidding with this next clip,watch Cilla with her Kirby kiss at the end,lol,hilarious.

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 01:50 AM
YouTube - Harry Enfield - Blind Date Scousers

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 02:04 AM
YouTube - Real Madrid-Liverpool European Cup Final 1981

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 02:13 AM
Ray Kennedy,the Liverpool player.He was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease in the eighties.When he looked back,he said he had difficulty tieing his laces from 1978,obviously he didn't know that it was the onset of Parkinsons disease.

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 03:34 AM
YouTube - Suleymanoglu X Leonidis ATLANTA 96

cowplain35
27th December, 2008, 04:32 AM
YouTube - Captain Blackadder - Boom boom boom

lfc4life
27th December, 2008, 09:29 AM
Ray Kennedy,the Liverpool player.He was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease in the eighties.When he looked back,he said he had difficulty tieing his laces from 1978,obviously he didn't know that it was the onset of Parkinsons disease.

ARE you trying to say that because he had trouble tying his laces that was the on set of parkisons disease ??? :y:

Go back into your cave :p

lfc4life
27th December, 2008, 10:00 AM
i am shocked on how yet again Liverpool get put on toward the end of motd. We are top of the league wtf? :hmmmm:

Bulld0g
27th December, 2008, 10:28 AM
ARE you trying to say that because he had trouble tying his laces that was the on set of parkisons disease ??? :y:

Go back into your cave :p No. He said that's what Ray Kennedy said.

lfc4life
27th December, 2008, 10:29 AM
o rite sorry :(

lfc4life
28th December, 2008, 07:42 PM
What a perfomance for us today 5-1 and crusing in 95% of the game!

And no need for torres or keane! Bring on the man yoo no fear! :D :D :D

k5gol
28th December, 2008, 11:35 PM
newbie Liverpool fan outstanding performance, but when on top why not play keane/torres second half let them score a few to build confidence? with the total domination of Newcastle could have made good some goal difference.

lfc4life
28th December, 2008, 11:53 PM
newbie Liverpool fan outstanding performance, but when on top why not play keane/torres second half let them score a few to build confidence? with the total domination of Newcastle could have made good some goal difference.

well keane would have eat them missed chances up in the 1st half! and i dont think torres and keane can play together. and rafa sees that. :D

lfc4life
29th December, 2008, 11:51 AM
From the bbc website -

Steven gerrard backing the pool for the title

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Gerrard backs Liverpool for title (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7802604.stm)

Jaffa
29th December, 2008, 11:53 AM
Steven Gerrard arrested in assault enquiry.

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Gerrard arrested in assault probe (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7802932.stm)

I bet some mouthy gobshite started to wind him up and his m8s got involved.

thered
29th December, 2008, 12:29 PM
i heard a rumour it all kicked off cos someone said he wasnt good enough to play for man united

then it all kicked off he started windmilling at people and he was then arrested to save himself injury,apparantly the last thing he said,which was taken down in evidence was i wish i went too chelsea when i got chance if you lot hadn't threatened to kill my family i would off been wearing blue now like a proper scouse team everton

i got this story from a m8 who works for mersey police sounds like a true story too me

Jaffa
29th December, 2008, 12:34 PM
i heard a rumour it all kicked off cos someone said he wasnt good enough to play for man united

then it all kicked off he started windmilling at people and he was then arrested to save himself injury,apparantly the last thing he said,which was taken down in evidence was i wish i went too chelsea when i got chance if you lot hadn't threatened to kill my family i would off been wearing blue now like a proper scouse team everton

i got this story from a m8 who works for mersey police sounds like a true story too me

Stop ruining my thread you or I will come round and Tango you...:bounce:

lfc4life
29th December, 2008, 12:35 PM

Aye but you would say that u r a manc fan!!! :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

we never know the truth :thumpdown:

chunder
29th December, 2008, 04:44 PM

LOL

That reminds me of when I met Ronaldo down the chippy one night last week. Bit pissed he was and he says to me: "'Ere mate ....(seriously, that's the way he talks)... I'm a reet proper Manc me. I love it 'ere. The Royle family is just like us back in Portugal. And youse Manc geezers have the best lookin' birds in the world. No way am I going to Real Madrid. I love it here. Here, fella, go easy on the vinegar and can I have an extra saveloy please. Oh and curry sauce. Cheers mate".

And with that he was gone. Andhe isn't a flash barstard at all. He drives a Ford Focus.:cool:

cowplain35
30th December, 2008, 01:17 AM
What's up with Chelsea,they keep dropping points from winning positions lately,Man Utd have been leaving it late,still getting the points.Liverpool are in a great position still.

cowplain35
30th December, 2008, 01:22 AM
The important games are the top 4,Liverpool,Man Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea,what points they take off each other,Liverpool are in the driving seat now,unless we lose games against the lesser teams,which we probably won't,as we have only lost 1 game and drawn some,like the others.

melloned
30th December, 2008, 02:27 AM
:listen:Stevie Barton ???
, ?100K a week ? , i'd have bunged a taxi driver ?200 to be my gofer all night , instead of taxi hunting on Lord St at 2.30am , a rappa from raffa ?? or even worse ???
Too much dosh , too few brain cells !

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 03:03 AM
:listen:Stevie Barton ???
, ?100K a week ? , i'd have bunged a taxi driver ?200 to be my gofer all night , instead of taxi hunting on Lord St at 2.30am , a rappa from raffa ?? or even worse ???
Too much dosh , too few brain cells !

im in a very good position of actually knowing someone who was there last night and saw it all.. he wasnt taxi hunting so your talking sh1t.. in fact if it was me, and id taken a load of abuse and taunts about my family i would have sparked the tw@ out way before he did..

just because someone is on ?120k a week doesnt mean they wont react to some scab hurling abuse at them about their family..

I'll come around your way when your having a night out and say i'm going to rape your bird and hope your kids die.. see if you just walk away after a few beers.. i doubt it

if you know nothing.. dont pass judgement

gmb45
30th December, 2008, 05:55 AM
im from nottingham follow forest but also been intersted in liverpool for years ive been predicting for the last 3 years that liverpool is going to come good i think this year could be it i will be watching liverpool with great interest.

THE GENERALIST
30th December, 2008, 08:05 AM
He being charged.

Steven Gerrard charged after brawl - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5415935.ece)

lfc4life
30th December, 2008, 09:05 AM
i suppose its not as bad as john "thug" terry who got left off with racist behavior and lee bowyer to for the matter even though we all knew they both guilty!!!:rolleyes:

lfc4life
30th December, 2008, 09:50 AM
here is the story -

make you own mind up ?

England ace Steven Gerrard arrested after bar brawl | The Sun |News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2078984.ece)

chunder
30th December, 2008, 11:41 AM
All my geese are swans, eh?

melloned
30th December, 2008, 01:27 PM
:guns:It appears Opsmonkey's the perfect candidate for the cell next door CALM DOWN ! CALM DOWN ! .
All's i'm trying to say to you (if you can see through the red mist ! ) , and everyone here , is that . i know Stevie Gerrards
not a saint ( nor am i !).
But what he is , is a very privileged , highly paid player / envoy for Liverpool Football Club .
And while he can't be expected to behave like a saint , he should be expected to turn the other cheek and walk away ( as he does on the pitch ), if he can't , he shouldn't go to places where scumbags do.
The urge he must feel when abused in this way , especially when it's pointed at his Wife and family must be awful , but don't get involved and pay someone to sort it for him , sadly thats the way he has to do it .
He's an envoy for the game , a world class player in any supporters estimation , but he has to be that on and off the
pitch.
A bunch of Mates on a town centre booze up is a recipe for disaster , especially if they've your temprament Opsmonkey .
I don't talk Sh*t , just common sense !

lfc4life
30th December, 2008, 01:41 PM
:guns:It appears Opsmonkey's the perfect candidate for the cell next door CALM DOWN ! CALM DOWN ! .
All's i'm trying to say to you (if you can see through the red mist ! ) , and everyone here , is that . i know Stevie Gerrards
not a saint ( nor am i !).
But what he is , is a very privileged , highly paid player / envoy for Liverpool Football Club .
And while he can't be expected to behave like a saint , he should be expected to turn the other cheek and walk away ( as he does on the pitch ), if he can't , he shouldn't go to places where scumbags do.
The urge he must feel when abused in this way , especially when it's pointed at his Wife and family must be awful , but don't get involved and pay someone to sort it for him , sadly thats the way he has to do it .
He's an envoy for the game , a world class player in any supporters estimation , but he has to be that on and off the
pitch.
A bunch of Mates on a town centre booze up is a recipe for disaster , especially if they've your temprament Opsmonkey .
I don't talk Sh*t , just common sense !

WELL if you had bothered to read the article? its says he reacted to being pushed so he was only defended himself! AND it was his supposed mates that jumped on him like a pack of wolves!!! :reddy:

thered
30th December, 2008, 03:10 PM
where does it say that

jckw
30th December, 2008, 03:54 PM
you are a disgrace lfc4life reading the sun do you know the pain that rag caused to the people of liverpool not only reds but blues aswell y dont u follow a scottish side and have pride of who you are instead of glory hunting. scousers would rather die than have anything to do with that rag call urself a true red ur a disgrace i will request u remove ur aviator as a mark of respect

Bulld0g
30th December, 2008, 04:51 PM
you are a disgrace lfc4life reading the sun do you know the pain that rag caused to the people of liverpool not only reds but blues aswell y dont u follow a scottish side and have pride of who you are instead of glory hunting. scousers would rather die than have anything to do with that rag call urself a true red ur a disgrace i will request u remove ur aviator as a mark of respect

Well said that man. :)

lfc4life
30th December, 2008, 09:49 PM
i couldn't give **** what paper i read. its upto me and i want have anybody tell me diffrent!:evil:

And i know what was wrote by the sun. But when you are here are you going to want me to read the daily record WTF!!!

And do you think me boycotting the ****ing paper is gonna make a shred of difference!!!

jckw
30th December, 2008, 10:20 PM
go and f urself sun reading scum typical scots man, u pride urself on being a red act like one instead of being scum again ur a disgrace remove ur aviator out of respect i will post this in realtime post you should feel ashamed of youself

lfc4life
30th December, 2008, 10:22 PM
LOOK MATE I TAKE OFFENCE BY BEING CALLED SCUM!

and im going to report that reply of yours

jckw
30th December, 2008, 10:28 PM
report yourself for reading that rag no respect 4 the people of liverpool

lfc4life
30th December, 2008, 10:30 PM
man im not getting involved in a slagging match with you ! you should no better at you age! :beheaded:

Bulld0g
30th December, 2008, 10:48 PM
Ok lads lets chill out a bit here. The point JCKW is making is feelings are still running high in Liverpool over comments made by that rag after Hillsborough. Twenty years on and people still choose to believe what they said, rather than read the real TRUTH in the Taylor report.

Twenty years on and not just Liverpool fans but the Blues too have to try and defend the shite and lies spouted by that rag.
He is acting his age. He would have been around Twenty when Hillsborough happened and will remember first hand what happened and will no doubt know someone who was killed or badly injured there, as most people in Liverpool unforunately do.
I think we need to leave this now and get back on topic guys.

jckw
30th December, 2008, 11:06 PM
im a blue season ticket holder but as scousers did then we went for a day out to hillsbourgh because there were spare tickets i was at the leppings lane thats y i feel so strongly ive only been in anfield once and that was to show my respects as all reds and blues came together as a city thats y i feel strongly about the rag u read

melloned
31st December, 2008, 03:15 AM
:congrats: Well said Bulldog !!

caveman_nige
31st December, 2008, 03:29 AM
Ok I think you guys needs to take a chill pill and start getting this thread back on track. At the rate it is going it and other team threads will be reviewed and probably closed.

You are causing offence to each other and other members who read through but who have chosen not to join in this free for all.

If you feel the need to get that heated then please go the actual club forums for such discussions.

Please take a moment to read the rules again.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 08:02 AM
go and f urself sun reading scum typical scots man, u pride urself on being a red act like one instead of being scum again ur a disgrace remove ur aviator out of respect i will post this in realtime post you should feel ashamed of youself

i noticed now you have removed the offense word! well done :marchmellow:

opsmonkey
31st December, 2008, 09:42 PM
to be honest mate, you shouldnt be reading the sun.. no reds i know read it.. in fact no-one i know back home reads it..

they told some awful lies about hillsborough mate..

Read here (http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/media.shtm)..... and here (http://www.anfieldroad.com/dont-buy-the-sun/)

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 09:44 PM
ffs ! im not going to post here again on the liverpool thread ! you all happy now :giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 10:15 PM
No m8. your entitled to post what you want but a lot of people would be happy if you didn't line the pockets of the lying rag.
You need to come to Liverpool one day m8 for a drink or to watch a game and you will know how revilled that arsewipe paper really is here.

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 10:18 PM
no i wouldn't come down because -

a) i would get hung out too dry

b) i never get the time or money too

and thats me being honest:congrats:

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 10:19 PM
Only get hung out to dry if you have a copy of that rag in your arse pocket :) otherwise you'll be ok

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 10:20 PM
i never go somewhere i don't feel safe or dont know anyone!

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 10:26 PM
Fair enough mucker :) but Liverpool is a safe place to be overall.

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 10:28 PM
you wouldn't belive if i told you.

I went to see liverpool v fulham myself in 2002. and did a ten hour trip from mid wales. but i loved it. :D

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 10:29 PM
Well there you go m8y lol told yer you;d ike it

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 10:31 PM
was so tired when i got back. i slept for hours. lol

But it depresses me how i never get chance to go! :(:(:(:(

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 10:32 PM
Why don't you get the chance now m8 ?

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 10:34 PM
my life, working all the time and young family!

And swallowed up by debts :(

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 10:37 PM
Ahhh i sympathise m8 been there meslf.Mine are all grown up now. You will deffo get the chance to see em again soon m8y don't worry aout that.:)

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 10:38 PM
There would have won the league before me seeing them again lol :party :

Bulld0g
31st December, 2008, 10:42 PM
Well i hope its next August then lol

lfc4life
31st December, 2008, 10:47 PM
Hope people like these vids -

YouTube - Anfield Magic Moments

YouTube - Famous Liverpool FC Banners

YouTube - John Barnes - England's Greatest Goal?

YouTube - Liverpool FC - The Kop Crowd

YouTube - Greatest YNWA ever

jckw
1st January, 2009, 04:01 AM
now m8 im a proud scouser not a red, now do u understand about the pride we have in our city thats y we feel strongly about that rag, i apoligise for my comments but were scouse and proud of wot we are and f u c k wot anyone else says including that rag

lfc4life
1st January, 2009, 10:16 AM
now m8 im a proud scouser not a red, now do u understand about the pride we have in our city thats y we feel strongly about that rag, i apoligise for my comments but were scouse and proud of wot we are and f u c k wot anyone else says including that rag

yes i do. but being proud / aggressive are two completely different things and thats how you came across as the second one. So let us move on please.

Happy New Year

melloned
2nd January, 2009, 03:21 AM
:beerglass: Nice one lads ! Good Luck for the new Year !
I think we'll need it ! even the migrant workers are going
home according to the press , they reckon the the weather / health service are rubbish ??

lfc4life
2nd January, 2009, 05:35 AM
good that there are going back then! I don't agree with it anyway :D

melloned
3rd January, 2009, 03:29 AM
:( Tend to agree ! , but the other thing the press say , is if they all go back home , we'll be left with no doctors and nurses .
I don't know what it's like where you live , but go to any hospital where i am and i can believe it!

lfc4life
3rd January, 2009, 03:03 PM
well the the ones we do have aren't much cop either lol

lfc4life
4th January, 2009, 12:31 PM
Last nights team performance not bad! But again we wasted so many chances again. BUT riera's goal was class :D and seeing torres playing and getting a goal was good :D

lfc4life
4th January, 2009, 10:36 PM
if you fellow liverpool fans are interested theres a show on tomorrow night on sly sports 1 at 10pm called the shankly years :D:wink:

millerlfc
5th January, 2009, 12:08 AM
ill watch that then

cowplain35
7th January, 2009, 02:03 AM
YouTube - Stan Boardman remembers the kop
Theres a clip somewhere,where you see Stan Boardman in the Kop crowd watching a game,it's from the sixties in black and white,it's probably on youtube somewhere,but i can't find it.

cowplain35
7th January, 2009, 02:17 AM
YouTube - liverpool 7 - 0 spurs

cowplain35
7th January, 2009, 02:24 AM
YouTube - 1989 Embassy Darts Eric Bristow V Jocky Wilson

gmb45
7th January, 2009, 06:01 AM
YouTube - 1989 Embassy Darts Eric Bristow V Jocky Wilson (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iWlxRjlEYlM)remember it mate takes me back that

lfc4life
7th January, 2009, 10:25 AM
SO ANY ONE got ant news about any potential transfer targets? :pepsi:

lfc4life
9th January, 2009, 04:58 PM
RAFA benitez laying into alex f >>>>>

BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Benitez lays into rival Ferguson (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7820615.stm)

Bulld0g
9th January, 2009, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't call it laying in, More like giving out facts ;)

lfc4life
9th January, 2009, 05:24 PM
i know and its true as well!!! :D

Walkinmyshadow
10th January, 2009, 09:01 PM
Here's a statistic for you Rafa... Fergie took his team to Stoke... and WON!!!!!!!

cowplain35
10th January, 2009, 10:23 PM
Liverpool have dropped 2 points.Chelsea and Man UTD,will drop 2 points tomorrow.Liverpool have taken 6 points from 6 against Chelsea and Man UTD,they will probably take at leat 4 points when they play them again,Liverpool will win the premiership.

Bulld0g
10th January, 2009, 10:34 PM
Here's a statistic for you Rafa... Fergie took his team to Stoke... and WON!!!!!!! Heres another.He took it to Anfield had A goal start and LOST :party :

thered
10th January, 2009, 10:58 PM
told you i never win my bets lol nice one stoke

who have you got next cos i have a few quid going spare

Jaffa
10th January, 2009, 11:28 PM
Shocking performance, they should be ashamed of themselves, its just about the worst performance I have seen from us this year and we have had some bad ones along the journey.

Its a long way to go.....toffees next.

cowplain35
11th January, 2009, 12:39 AM
Man UTD 0-0 Chelsea,11-01-09.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gtl85_8jmI

cowplain35
11th January, 2009, 12:46 AM
Liverpool 7-0 Tottenham.
YouTube - liverpool 7 - 0 spurs

cowplain35
11th January, 2009, 02:28 AM
YouTube - Fernando Torres Song, 3000 in OT after the match

lfc4life
11th January, 2009, 02:50 AM
Shocking performance, they should be ashamed of themselves, its just about the worst performance I have seen from us this year and we have had some bad ones along the journey.

Its a long way to go.....toffees next.

here we go right -

1) we playing a supposedly inferior team who we can't beat???

2) why the fcuk is he leaving torres, keane and babbel on the bench !

3) how many times is he going to keep screwing up?

4) Im not surprised he not getting a new contract, when he is pressing the self destruct button with our title bid!!!

5) im entitled to my opinion, so please would you respect it thanks :)

cowplain35
11th January, 2009, 03:31 AM
Man UTD will drop at least 2 points today,probably 3,don't worry about it.

cowplain35
11th January, 2009, 03:41 AM
YouTube - Liverpool FC players&the Fields Of Anfield Road
Different players,same thing,Liverpool,Dalgliesh,Mcdermott,Heighway,Gerra rd,A

cowplain35
11th January, 2009, 04:26 AM
YouTube - Sir Alex Ferguson talks ahead of Man United v Liverpool

thered
11th January, 2009, 09:04 PM
are you watching merseyslide are you watching merseyslide

tough at the top lads looks like its all got to benitez

lfc4life
11th January, 2009, 09:07 PM
go away wow u beat a shite chelsea!

And i watched the game im surprised you didn't score more :)

Bulld0g
11th January, 2009, 09:13 PM
are you watching merseyslide are you watching merseyslide

tough at the top lads looks like its all got to benitez

Doesn't that just sum it all up m8.When was the last time you lot sang about us like that lol

lfc4life
11th January, 2009, 09:18 PM
i know mate! Chelsea are finished now i hope we beat them lol

lfc4life
13th January, 2009, 04:16 PM
Im shocked by Torres opinion towards who will win the title! Would you have seen Carragher or Gerrard saying this -

:evil::evil::evil

Let me know what you think!

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Man Utd are favourites - Torres (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7825458.stm)

lfc4life
13th January, 2009, 06:20 PM
Rafa benitez close to agreeing a new deal -

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Benitez 'close' to Liverpool deal (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7827052.stm)

:D or :(

you decide?

Bulld0g
13th January, 2009, 06:36 PM
Well it's a tricky one m8. I know he's got the backing of the vast majority of fans,and what he has achieved since coming here is Incredible. However the big one for all the fans is the League title. Having a foreign manager and foreign owners i really don't think they know how the fans feel regardless of what they say.

For me he is too negative in his tactics and he could and probably will cost us the titlle this season, with some of his team selections and substitutions. I really believe as long as we finish in the top four and qualify for the champions league, that is acceptable to both the manager and owners.

Getting rid of him will put us further back as a new manager wants new players staff, etc.I don't really enjoy watching Liverpool at times they are so boring and predictable. It hurts me to say that because i've grown up watching the great sides of the 70's and 80's.and i have been watching Liverpool for 40 years. (~~~~ me i feel old saying that ;) )

Do you continue to back a manager you have no real faith in or do you want to see him go and someone new come in. I'm still not 100% sure. Who else is there around. His Valencia team came to Anfield a few years back and played excellent attacking football. So he can get his teams playing this way. I'm hoping if the yanks back him and buy the players he wants we might see that type of football back at Anfield.

lfc4life
13th January, 2009, 06:38 PM
well i don't think thats likely to happen do you? there are struggling to fund the new stadium! So if push came to shove who do you think would be leaving?

:)