PDA

View Full Version : Openbox s9 help

SPBAIN
9th March, 2011, 02:59 PM
i have just got a openbox s9 and it works ok on fta channels but on any others it keeps on glitching and freezes for about 10 seconds.

is anyone else having the same promblem or is it just my setup?

Dub12Dave
9th March, 2011, 03:17 PM
Could be your set up, check that all cables are pushed in all the way etc, if no improvement it could be your server, try a different cline and that way you can eliminate your server as causing the trouble, post back with your results as it may help others.

piranha
9th March, 2011, 03:48 PM
I had an issue with my s9 that i thought was the server. I had glitching on hd channels only, it turned out to be a signal issue on certain transponders (mainly the hd ones). I bought an inline amplifier on ebay and WOW no more glitching. However if you have glitching on on all non free channels it could well be your server. As above test some others.

SPBAIN
9th March, 2011, 05:03 PM
i have tested 4 different servers and all 4 have been the same.i am on vm 50mb broadband.

dell_xps
9th March, 2011, 06:58 PM
Post what your signal is etc, had the same problem, thought it was the openbox, it was over subscribed servers, get a good server, this box for the money rocks !!

SPBAIN
9th March, 2011, 07:18 PM
my signal intesity is 87% and signal quality is 71% on fta channels but on non free channels signal quality drops to 51%

thanks

dell_xps
9th March, 2011, 08:03 PM
Do you have a sly +box ?
If so try the other cable, see if that is getting a better signal than the cable you have in just now.
If both cables give poor signal, I would get an in line amp (sloping) from Ebay, they only cost ?6, failing that get up on the roof and move yer dish.