PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Image With FlashFXP

hails2008
20th April, 2008, 10:42 PM
Just wondering if it is possible to flash a new image onto my nokia dbox2 using FlashFXP. If so can someone give me detailed instructions please and also what image would be best suited.

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 11:00 PM
First thing you need to do is make sure you have the right image for your box. 1x or 2x chip.Then set up a network between the box and your pc.FTP the new image to your Dbox into the tmp folder.Once its there you can close fxp down.

On dbox derpending on what image your using find the option to update software. Settings maybe... Write/back up one partition......, flash without bootloader... Choose image....and thats about it really

hails2008
20th April, 2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks I am giving it a try just now all looks ok so far.

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 11:11 PM
Let us know how you get on m8y

hails2008
20th April, 2008, 11:16 PM
Does it take a while for the box to reboot after flashing?

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 11:17 PM
When flashing is complete it gives a message telling you this, then the dbox reboots into new image.

hails2008
20th April, 2008, 11:24 PM
Managed to flash image but lost all channels now and service scan isn't finding anything

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 11:27 PM
if you have no back up of services ( which i forgot to say to back up.....oops )
Then do a slow scan and you should get channels back.Or get a copy of services for your area and ftp them to dbox.

alec
21st April, 2008, 09:32 AM
Too late now, but if you saved the previous image and the tux folder.
Before putting on new image.
Then if the new image isn't good enough you can quickly return to the old image. Also the files that are needed are in the tux file and can be extracted and
transfered to the new image. Tux folder is less than 1Mb

ema153
21st April, 2008, 10:26 AM
Hi, I think I am in this same state but new to this so can you tell me exactly what to do. I am on cable but I do not have a router so how do I go on. Many Thanks in advance.:nurse:

Dreamer
21st April, 2008, 10:59 AM
Hi ema. are you asking how to connect your dbox without a router?

If this is the case you need a crossover network cable (RJ45 crossover). It must be a crossover type and not a normal network cable. It goes from your network card on your PC/laptop to the network connector on the back of your dbox

have a look at this thread
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1851&highlight=null+modem+cable

Once you have the cable you can connect using the instructions in the guide here and an FTP program
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307

PS I think you can also use a null modem cable and some software but I am not familiar with this method. One of the other guys will help you out. Just ask

swadger25
24th April, 2008, 09:38 PM
cheers loaads of good info on this thread

Milno
28th April, 2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the posts guys. got mine working. ace