PDA

View Full Version : Cumins Insite Slow

joshplianfield
10th March, 2011, 01:16 AM
Hi there,

I have insite 7.4 on my pc and it is insanely slow viewing codes and parameters, scrolling down takes a while. I uninstalled 2 times even tried 7.3, then I used revo uninstaller and it removed a ton of stuff and it even asked for new passwords but still the same problem exists. even slow in simulator mode, i have it on another PC with no issues, Any thoughts?

Thanks,
josh

RSwire
10th March, 2011, 01:25 AM
Is it slow to connect as well? Or only slows down after connecting? Slow after connection could be your usb baud rate. All the time slow could be another program running in the backround you don't know about, It seems Insite requires alot of "room to move" when you try to use it.

dieselman77
10th March, 2011, 01:43 AM
how much memory does your computer have ? and how fast is your processor and what operating system are you using it has alot of know problems with windows 7 recommended operating system is windows xp sp 3

joshplianfield
10th March, 2011, 02:55 AM
Is it slow to connect as well? Or only slows down after connecting? Slow after connection could be your usb baud rate. All the time slow could be another program running in the backround you don't know about, It seems Insite requires alot of "room to move" when you try to use it.

It fine connecting, i thought it was a usb comm issue, but it is also slow when I run in simulator mode which eliminates any communication issues.

joshplianfield
10th March, 2011, 02:58 AM
how much memory does your computer have ? and how fast is your processor and what operating system are you using it has alot of know problems with windows 7 recommended operating system is windows xp sp 3

its a dell mini 110 netbook which ran cummins insite 7.4 fine for months with no issues, i am running XP sp2, I did go ahead and upgrade to 2gb ram with the same results. Processor is a 1.6mhz. All other programs cat,servicemaxx,idss etc work great.

My other PC that it runs fine on is a ZV6000 HP, 2.0mhz, 768mb ram.

rp1210a
10th March, 2011, 03:12 AM
Run MSConfig and prevent any apps and services from running that dont need to be. Theres alot of crap thats running in the background that doesnt need to be. Also turn off work-order mode.

https://insite.cummins.com/insite/info/recommended_pc_hardware.html

dieselmech32
10th March, 2011, 04:37 AM
Josh if you get a chance PM me. I need the pass for the file you sent.
rp1210a is right, I had to turn off my workorder and clean up my other apps to make mine run like it should.

joshplianfield
5th July, 2011, 12:10 PM
just a FYI, after installing insite 7.5 it is now fast as ever.