PDA

View Full Version : Starview Combo set up on Sat instructions

neilcl2
10th March, 2011, 11:58 PM
I have read and read and managed to get this set up!!!!!!!
There are no clear instructions out there so here is a high level summary for wannabe sat users:

1) Get a satellite. If you just want Sky UK, then get a sat dish off ebay, Zone 1, it can be fixed rather than motorised.
2) Set it up on your wall outside. Use a Sat meter to help you find where to point the dish. There is a website out there (cant remember name of it) that will help you angle the dish - eg it uses google maps, you find your house on google maps, mark on it where you will put the dish, and it will draw a line of wehere it needs to face. This helps as I aligned mine with the house over the road roof.
3) Now on your starview Combo LAN box, download the firmware - Carling is for both Sat and Cable. (Groove rider is JUST cable)
4) Now you need a cline (server details) - get a test line from a website. This data can either be imported in via config file or manually input. This is done via MENU, ACCESSORY, NETWORK, SERVER SET UP. The cline will either be a CCCAM or NEWCAM option.
Get a Test line first - about ?1 for a day (the free ones on google search don't work). Use it to see if you are happy with the quality of cahnnels and no freezing

If you want help just ask and ill try my best - i know how it feels

Dog
11th March, 2011, 06:43 AM
Hi so if I am reading this correct my old starview 7 which has been a doorstop for a couple of months now can be used with sat! If so I am gonna give this a bash see if it will have better epg than my DM500s

Hazy
11th March, 2011, 09:25 AM
Dog: I am sure the thread is for SV combo not SV7. You need a Sat tuner to pick up channels on a dish.

danthe
14th March, 2011, 07:40 PM
yeah combo has sat and cable tuner in. The starview 7 has cable only tuner

rockmassive
14th March, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hi neilcl2, i have a starview hd combo and it is basically being used as a freeview box at the minute, i have carling firmware but not sure where to get a cline from or how to set it up!

Could you please help me?

Regards,

Rockmassive....

ppete
14th March, 2011, 11:19 PM
please help with the manually input what should the boxes have in them

rupraish62
15th March, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hi neilcl2, can you tell me if I have a fixed dish for Sky. Do you thing this work for me to get SKY UK if so then can you please let me know how.........:star:

busjmil1
18th March, 2011, 06:10 PM
Sorry guys but is the starview combo also known as the europview?

busjmil1
18th March, 2011, 06:12 PM
Euroview even