PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to repair this board ??

m3mpower
11th March, 2011, 12:47 AM
hi, i soldered a wire to that point and when i removed it, the solder point came off too, please tell me if this can be repaired

Look at photos

Thanks

Lickety Split
11th March, 2011, 03:11 AM
hi, i soldered a wire to that point and when i removed it, the solder point came off too, please tell me if this can be repaired

Look at photos

Thanks

you might be able to repair...was this connection isolated from the surrounding like the one just above? if not,just CAREFULLY scrape the green coating off of the copper,apply some flux,and use a short piece of wire to repair...if this went thru to the other side of the board,you MAY be able to drill a SMALL hole and pass a piece of wire thru to the other side and do the same thing...keep in mind,if this is a multi-layer board,you may not be able to pass thru...(some boards have more than just 2 sides...almost like a multi-layer sandwich,with a layer in the middle) Also,this is gonna be a tricky fix,as you are very close to that IC...too much heat and you fry the chip,not enough and you get a cold solder joint that WILL fail.
Good Luck.

ominimicu
11th March, 2011, 11:46 AM
if you can find..where does it lead..you can just bridge a cable directly. dilling the hole..would be impossible. its a 2 layer PCB.

just scrap it off like our companion said, and apply fluxx Alottt of fluxx. and try resoldering.

that is a mircowire eeprom. you need a hot air gun to desolder it. or use a probe tester...it s like a fork that connects to it and reads it without desoldering

Meat-Head
14th March, 2011, 09:33 PM
nice photo, shame it seems to have a pidgeon shit on it.

Do an Emein, thin bit of wire and go "round the outside, round the outside"

exe123
14th March, 2011, 09:36 PM
try without the pad. it looks like it is just a testpoint. vias will be under the eeprom.

ecu-master
14th March, 2011, 10:04 PM
were are u in london pm me might be able to help u

fluorescent
14th March, 2011, 11:15 PM
If is not a testpoint im sure that is two lays board and have the conection to another side.
Just make a little hole and make the conection with a fine wire.

aissa09
15th March, 2011, 11:38 AM

Look at photos

Thanks
no problem

alfons37
3rd April, 2011, 07:54 PM
Try to scratch there and find that you can use a miltimeter and resistance measurement to another point on the card

jokersat
4th April, 2011, 06:53 PM
i like this job , you can tel me what is this pcb and eprom ?

i try to help you

@+

carber78
17th September, 2011, 11:08 AM
awsomwe picture jokersat

sterling
29th October, 2011, 01:40 AM
From the look of your picture, It would seem that your solder iron needs a little more heat for future jobs.

smokey08
6th November, 2011, 08:39 PM
From the look of your picture, It would seem that your solder iron needs a little more heat for future jobs.

And a lot more flux

Johnner
8th November, 2011, 01:05 AM
You should be okay.

One piece of advice - Dump that soldering iron you have,I can bet it's like one out of a mechanics toolbox,and practice like ~~~~ing hell.

I nearly had a ~~~~ing heart attack looking at that picture.

If in doubt,flux,flux,flux !!!lol

racin-snake
8th November, 2011, 01:20 AM
it looks like a cdr500 radio pcb ? ..

smokey08
8th November, 2011, 01:32 AM

Thats what I thought when I saw the big blobs of solder on the corners of the eeprom.

Meat-Head
8th November, 2011, 10:50 PM
If in doubt,flux,flux,flux !!!lol

When i was on vaction swapped an aresol can of flux for an ECU - only used like 3 tiny 1/4 squirts of the stuff - not used it - not had any problems.

Unless loosing the plot 1234 are all joined - 24CXX eeprom and processer by any chance?

PierreTheron
8th November, 2011, 11:37 PM
When i was on vaction swapped an aresol can of flux for an ECU - only used like 3 tiny 1/4 squirts of the stuff - not used it - not had any problems.

Unless loosing the plot 1234 are all joined - 24CXX eeprom and processer by any chance?

Hi seems you in no need of a spyglass. That is to see better??
:giveup::captain:

Meat-Head
8th November, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hi seems you in no need of a spyglass. That is to see better??
:giveup::captain:

OFF TOPIC:-

Keep giving up and forgetting/watiing - but ebay you can get when your not in a rush usb microscope with 200000000mp zoom on it for $20

that is worth aiming for

Meat

dune85872005
9th November, 2011, 12:08 AM
check the board on the other side and solder a wire to get conection again

DigiAcid
27th November, 2011, 09:52 PM
I have to agree with some of the other posters here you need a new iron if you are gonna be soldering ..... anything! temp controlled all the way, and if your feeling spicy hot air too.

Meat-Head
27th November, 2011, 10:04 PM
Has anybody noticed how old this thread is now!

faiscamix
2nd December, 2011, 08:17 AM
Has anybody noticed how old this thread is now!

Maybe he's still waiting for answer lol

luis12
4th January, 2012, 01:47 PM
No problem its a test point but try to use less temp and a good flux and solder material

Meat-Head
6th January, 2012, 10:49 PM
WHAT PART OF THIS IS AN OLD THREAD DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND.

JUST SAT "IT'S ~~~~ED - YOU NEED A NEW ONE"

TULGEYWOODMAN
7th January, 2012, 11:53 PM
What camera did you use to take the pic?

Meat-Head
8th January, 2012, 12:17 AM
What camera did you use to take the pic?

good question.

been looking at usb microscopes on ebay - but apparantly not very good for a 'voyager cam' (damm spying on people)

faiscamix
8th February, 2012, 08:43 AM
Microescopes come on hand. I prefer and old samsung camera from cctv with 320 lines and a 5-50 mm lenses that i regulated to see soldering. I can see better the imperfections with a low def cam (don't ask me why), also i have one old 480lines 100X cam from china but it is not so easy and conftable to use. Old cam wih a tripod and a new reg. to focus point will make the job better for me.

Best regards

DECOCO
8th February, 2012, 01:48 PM
this are pictures made with digital micoroscope with optical zoom
on the 21" monitor believe me is everything cristal clear,