PDA

View Full Version : Megane 2.0t 225 sagem 3000

chrisangus
11th March, 2011, 06:02 PM
Anybody any good with sagem 3000, looking for the boost dc maps, or a good tuned file

Chris

ulrich100
21st October, 2011, 09:02 PM
Bump! Would also be quite interested.

grinovsky
21st October, 2011, 09:38 PM
i can make it megane 2.0t 285cv
mp me for detail

Stanton
22nd October, 2011, 12:51 AM
Post your 285cv file Grinovsky?

Stanton
22nd October, 2011, 12:54 AM
Or pm me if you prefer.

Stanton
22nd October, 2011, 02:49 PM
And for the OP, don't go to 280bhp without upgrading the clutch ;)

grinovsky
22nd October, 2011, 03:00 PM
no need to upgrading the clutch m8
CHIPTUNING=CHIP + TUNING

Stanton
22nd October, 2011, 04:34 PM
I have been TUNING Renaultsport for 10yrs, trust me on the mechanical limits.
....there is more to ANY tuning than CHIPtuning.

lolooo1981
22nd October, 2011, 05:16 PM
I have friend who have this car modded to 280Bhp in dyno, and clutch i already here after 40000KM.
He ride strongly but not at all the time.
For the moment car don't have problem but maybe later.
I don't think so because this car is modded by good professional tuner.

Best regards

grinovsky
22nd October, 2011, 05:27 PM
I have been TUNING Renaultsport for 10yrs, trust me on the mechanical limits.
....there is more to ANY tuning than CHIPtuning.
he stanton:
if this megane,and i only supposed,have a torque 500Nm at 2500rpm,
what is his power by 'CV' (CV=horses) at this time?:D

Stanton
22nd October, 2011, 05:57 PM
I can't argue with one off cases of friend of friend with good clutch....I'm sure many are fine at higher power, but as a rule for safety, we don't recomend.

Grinovsky, I also can't argue with you, you know too much with so little real world experience, it isn't fair on me.

Stanton
22nd October, 2011, 06:08 PM
And the other main factor that is problem is the inconsistency of the factory oil clearances. We aim for 0.05mm on crank pin (on our rebuilds or when we fit Hsection rods), we have also stripped several factory F4R's, the clearances are usually minimum of 0.06, and upto 0.08mm!!!
Such a wide range, means some engines let go way before others.

So again idea is to be safe, not find the limits of a CUSTOMERS engine by him calling you and saying "errr engine has thrown a rod".
THIS is tuning :)

lolooo1981
22nd October, 2011, 06:24 PM
I think at 1100Euros for chiptuning in this car, the tuner know what he doing, after if the customer is satisfy...
The tuner doesn't talk about clutch replacement.

Regards

Stanton
22nd October, 2011, 06:33 PM
So because he pay more, the tuner knows more?

Who remapped it?

ulrich100
22nd October, 2011, 06:44 PM
Im the Owner / Admin of MeganeSport.Net.

Its common knowledge on the forum, that alough not required it is a wise idea to uprate the clutch at above 275 BHP. Say to that of the .R or one of ktecs offerings. Not to mention an larger intercooler to dispurse the extra heat generated at the comp end of the turbo.

Anyhow back on track fellas!..

Stanton can you give me anymore info on your map, torque, fueling, pressures. ect ect. Do you tune for a living?

Also what is the best device for reading and writing the .cal file to the Megane / Sagem 3000?

I was going to go down the fastchips.nl box route. But by the the time you pay for the box, the map, then the codes it costs a small fortune. Also, with their 'box' it is very much a 'walled garden' so to speak.

Any help would be apriciated.

Regards.

lolooo1981
22nd October, 2011, 07:17 PM
So because he pay more, the tuner knows more?

Who remapped it?

It's not the idea m8, i just give what i think.
And i not make publicity for any tuner here (Just country Belgium), just give my impression of this.
My friend have no problem after 40000KM, and i don't tell he will not have problem after 20000KM more, but for this moment no problem.Thats all.
But he don't ask for clutch.
After each dyno are different, and don't send the same result
+ or - 5 BHP.

Best regards

grinovsky
22nd October, 2011, 07:33 PM
stanton change clutch for living
and if i argue him,i will come like he is,"clutch changer "

Stanton
23rd October, 2011, 09:22 AM
Wow Grinovsky, please, your insults....they hurt so bad!! :)

Ulrich100, you can r/w the ecu with any of the normal obd tools, kessv2, cmd, mpps....or direct on processor with k-tag.
Henks RTuner is a pretty good solution, it allows those with no mods to have a run of the mill tune very easily, it also allows those with mods to have a custom tune....no other solution aside from visiting a dyno offers this.

Yes, I own a tuning company, pm me for more details as this isn't really an advertising forum :)

Stanton
23rd October, 2011, 09:31 AM
And for the rtuner, I'm not sure of the price of the unit, I think around 250e but the mod files are 100e...this includes the vin specific code....you only need to pay for another unlock code IF you use it on a different vehicle.

I remember when he first launched it, the unit was 150e iirc but the files were free! I told him then it's way too cheap, now it's more expensive than then, but still cheaper than equivalents for other genres.

dgmcan
23rd October, 2011, 05:36 PM
Anybody any good with sagem 3000, looking for the boost dc maps, or a good tuned file

Chris

With this you will not need change the clutch
try and report.

grinovsky
23rd October, 2011, 06:57 PM
next time,when a client ask me for chiptuning i will say to him:
yes,sir,i have to change your clutch,and your pistons,and your turbo and biger intercooler ,and may be biger injectors
http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/16/03/79/30/1111.jpg
and finaly,i will flash your ecu with a tuning dump:roflmao:

Stanton
23rd October, 2011, 07:25 PM
No, simply say:
I will tune your car safe for it's current spec...if you want more, then you need to change x,y,z.

This is the professional way, which comes only from experience (posting 'tuned' files on DK doesn't count as experience btw).

ulrich100
23rd October, 2011, 08:08 PM
Yea I would be very skeptical about loading a 'tuned' file that was posted on here / anywhere.

The is no telling what it could on ignition. I dont fancy my megane R26 to be a guinepig either!

Just interested to find out other possibilites than go down the usual routes... but then they are tried and tested.

One other thing, I have a Renualt 'clip' is it possible to right 'tuned' calibration files with it? Ie could I buy a map from Henk and upload it with the clip?

Again many thanks.

ulrich100
23rd October, 2011, 08:13 PM
No, simply say:
I will tune your car safe for it's current spec...if you want more, then you need to change x,y,z.

This is the professional way, which comes only from experience (posting 'tuned' files on DK doesn't count as experience btw).

Isn't this why people refiar to tuning in stages:

Ie stage one -- OEM parts slight more power / torque

Stage two -- Generaly-- Intercooler, Zorst, Pannel filter and cold air feed. Possibly larger injectors. Mapped again for more power

Stage three -- Hybrid turbo, injectors, forged pistons ect. Mapped again

That way you know that power generated isnt going to exceed the working tolerances of the parts concerned.

grinovsky
23rd October, 2011, 08:19 PM
No, simply say:

yes,i read in thread about swiftec that you tune 4 car/day
wow:rolleyes:
i send tuning for more than 10 workshop in europe,but i never make this number in one day
and belive me Stanton,one workshope of the 10 is more biger than your town where you live

Stanton
23rd October, 2011, 08:33 PM
Mate Grinovsky----we do very different things:
---You email files across the world with no empirical feedback---
---I develope them on my rolling road---

So, please, don't assume we are in the same 'chiptuning' game..

lolooo1981
23rd October, 2011, 08:40 PM
H?h?,
Professional make car with hybrid turbo,bigger turbo or injector etc....don't forget the price of all of this...At the end,why don't take other car with more power ?:D

I am from france and Renault is not my favourite seller for car (lot of problem since ago), but this Megane and the newer run like hell :top:

After mod this car is much stronger but anyone tell me the limit of clutch for make my own test ?This will be a great thing.@Stanton or @Ulrich100 or another maybe ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

ulrich100
23rd October, 2011, 08:58 PM
The clutch wants changed at around 280 BHP / 390NM.

Other wise 'slip' is sure to be enduced. Not to mention life span will rapidly decrease.

Idealy the move would be to a cerametallic / kevlar clutch. Like the one on the Megane R26R.

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any info on the possiblity of the Renault Clip being used to read and write .cal files.

grinovsky
24th October, 2011, 08:44 AM
Mate Grinovsky----we do very different things:
---You email files across the world with no empirical feedback---
---I develope them on my rolling road---

So, please, don't assume we are in the same 'chiptuning' game..
MATE stanton,i am tuner with international reputation
and you are a tuner in your smal village:D

Stanton
24th October, 2011, 08:53 AM
Delusion is a funny thing :)

grinovsky
24th October, 2011, 04:05 PM
Delusion is a funny thing :)
delusion!!!:laugh:
see here mate,and you will know me more:celtictop:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f173/egr-off-mb-w211-2-2-cdi-edc16-220637/

lolooo1981
24th October, 2011, 08:25 PM
Please, guys we don't here to know who have the "bigger"
no ?
Just to learn and more, no?
@Ulrich100 can you tell me what clutch do you recomend for this car ?
After all this posts, i talk my friend of this and ask for question to this tuner but he make no response for the moment.Thanks for help.

Best regards

grinovsky
24th October, 2011, 08:43 PM
the probleme with this megane,is that if it will be tuned to 285CV,there is for 90% that his owner will not ask his engine to generate all this power all his life
http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/16/03/79/30/voitur10.jpg

Stanton
24th October, 2011, 10:01 PM
lo looo1981 - Helix here in the UK make uprated clutches for this model.
Either organic for road use or cerametallic four puck paddle. The organic kit is a good option, and arent as "grabby" as the CM paddles.

ulrich100
24th October, 2011, 11:35 PM
I have used the 'CM' clutch from the Megane R26R.

My car is currently developing 293BHP - 416NM. Although is far from standard.

It gets tracked 2 - 3 times a month through the summer and that clutch holds up well. I dont even notice much of an issue with it through daily driving ( Its my only car).

I use it in conjunction with a singal mass fly. That set up works very well.

If you sign up to the meganesport I have a detailed blog there with all mods, RR results and track times.

grinovsky
25th October, 2011, 10:07 AM
in the paste i have made some experiences with my car,to see what's happen in limites of power
1-we get the max power from engine in 1st gear and 2nd gear at extra charge(use the car as tractor)
2-the damage is happen in transmission,gearbox,in the pignon of 3rd speed exactly ,broken pignon tooth
3- a domage in gimbals is constated too
4-and when the generated power from engine is biger then what the clutch can support,we had assisted to skating on the clutch disc,and the car can't move,but no damage was see in clutch after my experience

Stanton
25th October, 2011, 11:01 AM
in the paste i have made some experiences with my car,to see what's happen in limites of power
1-we get the max power from engine in 1st gear and 2nd gear at extra charge(use the car as tractor)
2-the damage is happen in transmission,gearbox,in the pignon of 3rd gear exactly ,broken pignon tooth
3- a domage in gimbals is constated too
4-and when the generated power from engine is biger then what the clutch can support,we had assisted to skating on the clutch disc,and the car can't move,but no damage was see in clutch after my experience

I cant really understand what your saying sorry.

But, if I get the jist of it; excessive torque will make a clutch slip....maybe no instantaneous damage, but slipping none the less isnt acceptable.
From what I see in the cars we work with, damage to the gearbox only happens in extreme cases....usually 1st gear = wheel spin, 2nd gear= wheel spin, 3rd gear=outer CV stub's sheer at the joint (or when they leave the ground on a crest, then make conatct with tarmac under fiull load). This is FWD with big wide slicks.....remember if we can break traction, then we save the gearbox...but with big slicks and big torque, other transmission components are under high loading.

But chipping teeth isnt something I see in syncromesh gearboxes...sometimes in sequential but thats a different story.

Point of the matter and point of this thread, is about megane 225...the standard production clutch loses torque holding abaility BEFORE you can maximise software. If you simply fit uprated cover with a higher clamping effect, or different friction plate (or both), the problem is resolved.

lolooo1981
25th October, 2011, 09:33 PM
We have response of the tuner, he say he have more than 5 car with this mod and all of these have no problem with clutch at this time.But for more than this limit all the transmition need an "upgrade"

Best regards

chilledpain
26th January, 2016, 12:22 PM
Awesome! A map to play with! :D

CustomCars
26th January, 2016, 01:41 PM
Awesome! A map to play with! :D
Man this topic is so old...

Don't use that's dump in car, really unsafe ! If it's your own, then no problem.

Remapp this car is not so easy, but now no problem make great safe increase.
But now we're 4year+ forward..