PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION ABOUT BSI SIEMENS PSA

CIRCUIT.FR
11th March, 2011, 07:30 PM
HI

One question:
In BSI SIEMENS PSA (PICASSO and 206), Program file is all in 95160 or there is other flash.
If i virgin BSI 206 and put it in PICASSO I can reprog it with LEXIA. Or I must only use BSI of other PICASSO?

Thanks

btr
11th March, 2011, 08:05 PM
bsi have flash memory(NEC i think)95160 is eeprom

btr
11th March, 2011, 08:10 PM
look at picture

CIRCUIT.FR
12th March, 2011, 09:17 AM
Ok

The soft into nec it is same for all car?

obdmaster
17th August, 2011, 08:42 PM
Ok

The soft into nec it is same for all car?

CIRCUIT FR how did u get on using 206 bsi on picasso???

I tried a 206 bsi with exactly same part no. on a picasso and everything worked bar the instrument cluster didnt function correctly hazards and inner lock button didnt work either.

Had to do some searching and found one of a picasso of same year, so heres hoping.:banghead:

Its funny aswell ny04 recognises original dump of picasso as a picasso but after putting all FF,s in dump and reprograming replacement unit with lexia then re reading NY04 doesnt recognise it as a picasso but it does recognise it as a 206.

Dont forget both units have identical part no,s but one is from a 206 and one from a picasso, the flashes must be flashed differently from 206 to picasso???????

obdmaster
18th August, 2011, 06:55 PM
Picasso bsi definately different than 206. Got my picasso bsi luckily same no,s again transfered data car seems to be 100% working.

Something to bear in mind for you guys:ciao:

ninja123
18th August, 2011, 07:28 PM
hi, -obdmaster,

I have a b!tch 206cc and i think bsi faulty (been flashing hazards for a few weeks now display say immo system fault).
Key reads all good.

When you used a used bsi, was it only eeprom contents that need to be changed or flash too? (was just thinking of swapping eeprom)

many thanks, ninja

obdmaster
18th August, 2011, 08:20 PM
just eprom m8, part numbers must match for straight code swap and check with ny04 if software version same as donor dump.

You can fill 95160 with ff,s and then bsi is virgin if not same part no. and recode with pps. but you will need all keys and security code for car m8.

These bsi,s have equipment levels even though you have to configure shit loads.

And make a note of old bsi,s configurations

So try to get one off a fully loaded car if not same part numbers, more chance of everything working m8

ninja123
18th August, 2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks mate, but just to confirm-

I CAN use a bsi with different part number as long as i fill eeprom with FF, and if i find right part number just swap eeprom and done? (but some stuff may not work).

I dont have pps as i try VERY HARD to stay clear of french stuff!

Will lexia clone do? as i will order one with my next shipment of renault cards!

Oh, and as for the key, after virgin a used bsi, will ori key go back in as i thought these were only 'one time' programable?

Ps, and cant pps configure all settings in bsi?

Thanks loads M8.

ninja

obdmaster
20th August, 2011, 01:35 PM
U need pps comes with lexia clone m8

"I CAN use a bsi with different part number as long as i fill eeprom with FF, and if i find right part number just swap eeprom and done? (but some stuff may not work)."

Yes m8 thats correct.

Key will program back in as using same security code

ninja123
21st August, 2011, 07:44 AM
Ive just ordered a lexia, but the problem i have is the car is a 206cc and i cant get a same numbered unit from anywhere.

But if i use a different number, im pretty certain the roof wont work:dontknow:

But can i configure a diff numbered unit with lexia, and is it difficult to do, or should i just keep searching for the right bsi?

Or does anyone know where i can get one from, if from the dealers then its still got to be configured?

ninja

base82
2nd October, 2011, 03:29 PM
I have prob with bsi(no start headlights flashing all time)got another from scrappie xsara hdi 2002.but now no control panel lights no nothing only engine cranks.I did expect control panel to be ok but no immob start due to wrong key .can any body helpplease