PDA

View Full Version : Free Sat receivers! I'm a bit miffed!

frankoattes
9th December, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hi to all. I have been reading this site for some time now and joined it.....well y not. Lol.
The thing is I dont get the free sat stuff. I live in a cable area but have now moved to a non cable area to look after poor old mum. ( or maybe she is looking after me AGAIN:proud:) I used to get all my N*l tv for free but now have to pay sky for half decent tv, and I am looking for something similar for me ma for christmas. I got her a freeview but its not really as good as Free N*L or sly is it? I cant afford to pay sly prices for her to watch better Tv than the freeview and council tv and to be honest her freeview doesnt have much to watch.
She has a small sat dish put up on the roof by the Glasgow council about a year ago with a point in the house but no receiver. Can I buy a receiver for her to get free sat tv? I dont mean pure sky etc but something better than freeview. Or is there a box similar to eurovox for satalite??
Any help will be greatly appreciated guy/galls.
Thank in advance
Frankoattes.
:captain:

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th December, 2008, 01:30 AM
You could get her a dreambox and cardshare for a little fee.

frankoattes
14th December, 2008, 07:44 PM
what does that mean?

frankoattes
14th December, 2008, 07:45 PM
I dont have a clue about free sat I had a eurovox but that was cable. I take it it is similar??

felix1
15th December, 2008, 03:31 AM
the dish is probably pointed to 'sky'. so with just that dish you will only get sky.
in order to get anything else you would need a bigger dish and maybe a motorised one. all depends on what you wanna see.
cardsharing means basically someone somewhere has a legit card and they share it with you. so its like you having a card in your receiver. the card 'details' are fed to your reciever via an internet connection. so without the net you wont get anything.

there are tutorials on sharing. BUT it can be complex if you have no idea at first. its not really that hard though.
search here for cardsharing and do som ereading before you decide what to buy and what to do. as you could save yourself some bother buy getting the right stuff first time.

HTH

frankoattes
15th December, 2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks for yor help I shall read on. Lol.