PDA

View Full Version : Vw caddy 2003 Immo ecu swap

majeka
13th March, 2011, 01:48 PM
Hi i have a 2003 caddy with Valeo 6X0 953 257 immo box. The ecu is 038 906 018 FK. I have fitted used ecu into van and gone with vcds into module 25 then adaption 00/save and turn key off, The engine wont start as immo is active.

If i check chanel 81 in engine ecu there is no chassis number. but when i look in immo module i see this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX VWZ1Z0B2308024

I see in adaptions in module 25 key learning ch21 and immobiliser data learning ch50.

I have Supervag and vagtacho and i cannot read immo box as its valeo, i can only read temic and siemens. Please help

r6eck
13th March, 2011, 01:51 PM
Change eeprom in old ecu to replacement ecu

eeprom is marked B58253

majeka
13th March, 2011, 02:43 PM
My soldering skills are not that good.

Can you guide me to what tools i should buy to desolder and solder eproms.

r6eck
13th March, 2011, 03:01 PM
Cheapest option is to use a gas soldering iron with hot air tip to remove eeprom,and a small tip soldering iron to replace.
Theres a few guides on you tube

If this has been helpfull press the thanks button

frikki
13th March, 2011, 04:06 PM
did you have a look at your eeprom yet. some are soldered to the board, and some could just be clipped off.

majeka
13th March, 2011, 04:43 PM
Is the 24c02 8 pin on the rear of the board the immo chip?

r6eck
13th March, 2011, 04:54 PM
Is the 24c02 8 pin on the rear of the board the immo chip?

Yes

now when are you going to thank those who help you

majeka
14th March, 2011, 11:41 AM
First of all thanks for your help, I tried to desolder the 8 legged e prom off the new ecu and the eeprom broke because it had also been glued on. I didn't attempt to do it on old ecu as it is working to a degree. I am new to all this and understand that i need to purchase a new eprom and eprom reader and a frame so that i can read the old eeprom write it into the new eeprom and solder eeprom on the board. Please help.

frikki
14th March, 2011, 04:26 PM
whats the reason for changing your ecu friend. if you new to soldering and desoldering eeproms, it will be abit of a challenge. thats why it would be a good idea to use a old board for practicing. you stuff it up, learn from it and move on. it takes abit of a skill to do soldering and removing eeproms. practice makes perfect, thats what i believe. what i can suggest is to get some practice first. once yoy feel confidend. remove the eeprom as our other friend was suggesting. resolder it onto your new board. the trick is to heat up the eeprom just enough to be able to remove it from the board. to much heat for to long could also leave you with a eeprom that has no data (blank). BUT BE CAREFULL. hope this helps.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/editor/smilie.gif

sjonv
14th March, 2011, 10:34 PM
you have to adaption also to the ecu 01 if i remember it well.

ive done it before and it worked for me.

good luck

majeka
14th March, 2011, 10:49 PM
I have done loads of them by erasing learnt values in Ecu and immo then key off for 1min and all ok. But this immo valeo has chanel 50 because it is half way between immo 1 and immo 2