PDA

View Full Version : 03 vw jetta immo 3 cluster swap problem??

ts55
15th March, 2011, 02:54 AM
Hi DK Gurus,
I have an 03 Jetta tdi with immo 3 that has a bad cluster. I have the brand new cluster and am able to extract the pin code w/ tacho 2.5 but cant get it to work with adaptation in the cluster. I have added a 0 in front of the # but it still won?t let me enter the vin and change the coding. I am using a genuine vag-com interface is there a better way to code this new cluster or am I doing something wrong?

smokinjoe
15th March, 2011, 03:00 AM
you could just swap the eprom to save any programming.

frikki
15th March, 2011, 08:50 AM
did you follow the instructions from the ross tech site for replacing a new cluster. (immo3) different procedure then that of a used cluster.

ts55
16th March, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys...Swapping the eprom is too risky for me (don't want to damage the new $500 cluster if it didn't go well)

I did follow the vag-com instructions but I cant extract the pin code correctly from the old cluster (instructions say you need the old pin code, there must be a way to do it with total cluster failure....) . I can still log in but the cluster is shorted out internally and gives odd info....the pin code now comes up as letters and the soft coding is in question marks. The cluster was sprayed with a harsh cleaner then left sitting which caused heavy corrosion internally.... Is it possible to bypass the immo or use another tool like vas-pc or can the info be found in the dump?

Thanks in advance

frikki
16th March, 2011, 04:13 PM
i also use vas pc. you can only do straight forward diagnostic repaires using vas pc. no special funtions like pin code reading and more. you will have to get the pin from your ecu. try and read the dump from your ecu and post it here for a pin code. some member will immo off your ecu or supply you with a pin code. if you go for immo off, you will have a problem with a flashing immo light on your cluster. cheers.