PDA

View Full Version : The Box Super USB V1.12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

satsmo
9th December, 2008, 10:37 PM
Latest firmware release, for the Box Super USB, (SV4).

Can be used in both the UK & Ireland. Please see firmware notes in download link.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - The Box Super USB V1.12 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/box-super-usb-v1-12-835/)

NOTE:

As of the 17/08/'09 looks like N*L areas of Ireland have started to shift over to Nagra 3 and this firmware does not clear N3 channels.

chunder
10th December, 2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for this. Worked a treat.Now back in business!

hypersonic
10th December, 2008, 11:19 AM
Many thanks to Satsmo & compliments of the season !

blu266
10th December, 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks, will flash my parents unit with it, hopefully it will keep them happy. :party:

tony_i
10th December, 2008, 06:13 PM
Loving the new EPG. Just what was needed to really bring the USB facility into its own.

Does it need to be updated every few days or once it's done is that it?

Thanks.

loch lubnaig
10th December, 2008, 08:16 PM
when i install this new software will i have to go through all the doubled channels again to delete ?

jacktar1988
16th December, 2008, 01:21 PM
i have purchased the starvie 4 box with the usb about a week ago but yesterday the picture on the channels went but the sound is still on, is there a new update out 4 it already?

good2know
17th December, 2008, 08:06 PM
just a note to show appreciation for all the good work you and the rest of the team give to people like myself..

the v1.06 for the starview 4 usb hasn`t fixed todays scramble but i know there will be an update soon enough.

still like to say thanks for all your work so far guys...

Cheers

(please pass to other team members)

G2K

nsw9154
18th December, 2008, 05:29 PM
Thank you satsmo :thrasher: instaled 1.06 and every thing seems to work ok even the epg is spot on now will this fix the roll back as well thanks again

Simon121
19th December, 2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks for this I will give it a try when my box comes!! hopefully today!!
:flybye:

royal24012
19th December, 2008, 09:44 PM
Hi I have a new super usb box. I trust these are the thiings I need to download to the usb to start the box working?:party :

trevzz
20th December, 2008, 02:33 PM
hi all , this is my first post , just wondering if this flash will work in ireland ?BTW tyvm 4 the up .

LLGG7777
20th December, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info. Downloaded and installed the new firmware every thing appears OK but I still have a couple of questions:

1. There is no Channel Sort function with this version, is that common?

2. I have tried a few time times to scan and locate BBC 3 & BBC 4 - can't seem to find them. Any ideas?

trevzz
20th December, 2008, 03:24 PM
hey ,
just dl this and flashed my scrambled box super and still the same 6 or 7 crap channels are all im left with ?!!! all the rest are constantly updating , please can anyone help , is there any way of unscrambling this new block of theirs ?? in ireland !!
ty
trevzz

trevzz
20th December, 2008, 03:44 PM
no , tried it , can anyone help ??

satsmo
20th December, 2008, 07:30 PM
hey ,
just dl this and flashed my scrambled box super and still the same 6 or 7 crap channels are all im left with ?!!! all the rest are constantly updating , please can anyone help , is there any way of unscrambling this new block of theirs ?? in ireland !!
ty
trevzz

Try the previous 1.05 AU fix.

satsmo
20th December, 2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info. Downloaded and installed the new firmware every thing appears OK but I still have a couple of questions:

1. There is no Channel Sort function with this version, is that common?

2. I have tried a few time times to scan and locate BBC 3 & BBC 4 - can't seem to find them. Any ideas?

Channel sort is unavailable as it maps the channels. BBC 3 & 4 are not broadcast until 7PM.

nsw9154
21st December, 2008, 05:56 AM
i instaled 1.06 and every thing is working brill even the EPG is spot on and i get all the chanels this is the best version yet - just wating to see if it auto uploads the next time they rolle back but not realy bothered because i can enter the new codes with keymaster 1.02 if it rolles back :beer::knuddel::dancing2:

jazzylover
22nd December, 2008, 03:09 AM
I've put the 1.06 firmware on and it works fine for a Beta. I have a Replay box and the Starview's beta is better than the Replays final. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the finished product.

fizler316
22nd December, 2008, 03:23 AM
does this autoupdate and also wot the difference between version 1.5 and this?

hunta
23rd December, 2008, 09:18 PM
Is there a firmware 1.07 i read it in another thread.

belfastdaren
23rd December, 2008, 09:49 PM
there is a 1.07 dunno what it is supposed to do or not
seems to be working ok with no visable differences i have noticed

good2know
23rd December, 2008, 11:15 PM
i can't seem to be able to download the proper firmware for my starview the box super usb 4? can anybody help?

firmware v1.05 is the best i have found ... you can find it on the download links

1.06 is out but does not work on the epg for me properly... but 1.05 is working well and updating

G2k

good2know
23rd December, 2008, 11:18 PM
:dontknow: keys rolled back again today looks like 1.06 dose not auto update no problem though entered new keys and every thing ok again :hahaha:

v1.05 does but it took ages to process it today but all is well

G2k

dingle147
24th December, 2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks for this. Worked a treat.Now back working for christmas:santaclaus:

NoJo1324
26th December, 2008, 12:13 AM
satsmo i cannot thank u enough 4 your excellent work :D

homer41
26th December, 2008, 12:41 PM
thanks m8 ur a legend

gerardt
28th December, 2008, 03:23 PM
running version 0/6 and have no problems should i flash with 0/7 will it improve my box sorry newbie:manutop:

ajs2
30th December, 2008, 03:46 PM
Does 1.07 work for Ireland? Starview 4

blu266
3rd January, 2009, 12:58 PM
I tried this on my parents SV4, i'm glad i got myself the eurovox pvr,this firmware is still crap, won't buy Starview again, after trying the v1.06 as well i have yet again went back to the v1.05 fixed version, less problematic than the 2 newer versions but still bad compared to the previous firmwares. V1.07 keeps losing channels completely and either sound or picture on a regular basis.:thumpdown:

tony_i
3rd January, 2009, 01:12 PM
I tried this on my parents SV4, i'm glad i got myself the eurovox pvr,this firmware is still crap, won't buy Starview again, after trying the v1.06 as well i have yet again went back to the v1.05 fixed version, less problematic than the 2 newer versions but still bad compared to the previous firmwares. V1.07 keeps losing channels completely and either sound or picture on a regular basis.:thumpdown:

Given that, while the firware is still far from the finished article, I'm having none of the issues that you're having it may not be the firware that's to blame.

markymark
3rd January, 2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks Satsmo. Most stable yet for recording and channel changing.
Only issues I find are:
1. EPG needing regular manual update to show more than a few hours of guide.
2. Problem with EPG not displaying guide on 11pm-12pm time slot. This one has been in all versons.

A 'would be nice to have' is set reminders with auto channel change without having to record.

Thanks again for the excellent work! Happy new year!

rossta
7th January, 2009, 07:35 PM
Hi. I've just bought a Starview 4 and its on its way. But i'm totally new to all this stuff so excuse my ignorance with the jargan. I've not a clue about what software to use or even how easy the box is to use. Am I out of my depth?

lostwalker
7th January, 2009, 11:21 PM
Lost everything V1.05 loaded.........downloaded V1.07 got everything back within 10 mins. THANK YOU SATSMO

You are the man :party:

redclarke
9th January, 2009, 06:39 PM
hi satsmo just tried to download v1.o7 for starview 4 and it wont download keeps cumin up with the archive is either in uknown format or damaged. ave u any idea why it is cumin up with this.

satsmo
10th January, 2009, 06:58 PM
hi satsmo just tried to download v1.o7 for starview 4 and it wont download keeps cumin up with the archive is either in uknown format or damaged. ave u any idea why it is cumin up with this.

Works fine for me I have just checked it.

Lanxman
10th January, 2009, 07:12 PM
Not sure about this but aren't the f/w files in winRAR format? Have you got winRAR on your compuer? Might have something to do with the file giving you errors, I have always had winRAR so I'm not sure.

satsmo
10th January, 2009, 07:16 PM
This one isnt as I left it a an uncompressed bin file.

mondeo18lx
18th January, 2009, 03:53 PM
Hi all
Is it possible to use an SD card in a usb reader to load the .bin files onto the Starview 4 seeing as I have one kicking around?

strongbow68
19th January, 2009, 09:35 PM
Hi i am having trouble downloading the soft ware for my box super usb i cant read the down load file, its not letting me read it could some one help me please many thanks pam.

ninja636
19th January, 2009, 11:18 PM
when i install this new software will i have to go through all the doubled channels again to delete ?

I've got the same problem. About 10 ITV 1 Channels, and quite a few others have duplicated for various regional differences. How can I sort it out?

PKC
20th January, 2009, 02:07 PM
Cheers Satsmo. anyone know if future f/w upgrades will sort out the channel listings? Mine are still a bit off, ie all sports channels are grouped under movies & movie channels are found under kids.

Salmanazar
20th January, 2009, 07:39 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to download the latest firmware but it's telling me I don't have permission. I'm assuming it's because I am yet to post anything. How many posts do I need?!

Cheers

S

gizmo.1484
20th January, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to download the latest firmware but it's telling me I don't have permission. I'm assuming it's because I am yet to post anything. How many posts do I need?!

Cheers

S

Just the 1 m8 but it can take up to 30 mins for the server to update to give yo d/load privileges so have a look around or make another post :)

Salmanazar
21st January, 2009, 01:38 PM
Ok sorted thank you. All working ta.

gookey67
25th January, 2009, 01:38 PM
will this file do for ireland or is there a different one
thanks in advance

melhaipau
25th January, 2009, 10:18 PM
Yes this works for ireland:)

theduffman
29th January, 2009, 12:01 AM
hey guys i need help in a bad way.

been at this all day.

installed all the .bin files

repeatedly

reset factory settings the lot

still finds no channels when i do the search so i downloaded the DUBLIN260109.bin file

which installed all the channels frequencies but it still tells me no signal.

i have detached the chorus box completly and the lead runs directly from the wall to the star box and still nothing.

what can i try?

any and all help is very much so appreciated.

mondeo18lx
29th January, 2009, 09:00 PM
After my first box suffered from the dreaded 8882 error,new one arrived today,flashed to v1.07 this time no probs.Thanks to this forum!!:barscarf:

supergeek
30th January, 2009, 07:42 PM
Just bought my first box super, if I flash with this 1.07 will I get more channels?

Lanxman
30th January, 2009, 07:44 PM
yes, you must load the logo file and the f/w on to the box. Then go to menu and key in 1570 and turn on emu/keycode.
Scan again and away you go!

supergeek
30th January, 2009, 07:45 PM
thanks for amazingly fast reply! is the logo file included?

Lanxman
30th January, 2009, 07:46 PM
Yes mate, it should be. :) no worries

supergeek
30th January, 2009, 07:47 PM
ok...here I go then! will report back

supergeek
30th January, 2009, 09:00 PM
Whoah! everything worked first time! thanks for all the help, to clarify a few points that I was unsure of though for all us first timers:
1. just go to the usb section of the menu(after copying firmware update) and select the bin file you downloaded
and confirm
2. reset factory settings after restart and a short delay
3. then automatic scan
4. then menu 1570
5. then turn keycode on (dont know what enu is?)
6. when you change channels to new channel it shows "downloading updates" for a worrying long time, but it eventually comes!
Thanks again, will definitely keep coming back

supergeek
30th January, 2009, 09:13 PM
ok,sorry to overdo it on my first day, but Ive just seen the cable loopthrough connector on the back of my new favourite toy. Does this mean I could buy another box and get all the channels on that as well?

NedKelly73
30th January, 2009, 09:17 PM
Milpool these files will work for you, thanks for the download Satsmo much appreciated :)

supergeek
30th January, 2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks Jok, but I can actually have two boxes watching two different channels? This might just about be my best purchase ever... I get a digital recorder for nothing, save money on the bills, keep the kids outa my hair, now just the wife to take care of.....whens Mama Mia on the movie channel?

ned
31st January, 2009, 03:17 PM
thinking of buying starview 4 but not sure of how to setting it up,is there any info that anyone can give,please step by step as i'am very new to all this.
Many thanks
NED

Lanxman
31st January, 2009, 06:07 PM
thinking of buying starview 4 but not sure of how to setting it up,is there any info that anyone can give,please step by step as i'am very new to all this.
Many thanks
NED

Try this tutorial matey....
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up satrview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-satrview-4-super-usb-580/)

ned
1st February, 2009, 11:48 AM
Many thanks Lancsman just starting out but with experienced guys like yourself helping out hope to be up to speed quickly and helping noobs myself someday

ashman
1st February, 2009, 01:47 PM
satsmo
thanks for the update on starview 4 version 1.07 just brought the box yesterday and works a treat , very quick and easy to use the site as well

ashman

mrglowe
7th February, 2009, 11:52 PM
hi, coud someone please tell me how i can download this?? its saying i am unable to download. i am new to the site and trying to find my way round.

also 1 more thing if anyone can help me, just tried posting the the ps3 section and some error message came up preventing me from posting.
thank you

bigfella
8th February, 2009, 02:53 PM
hi, coud someone please tell me how i can download this?? its saying i am unable to download. i am new to the site and trying to find my way round.

also 1 more thing if anyone can help me, just tried posting the the ps3 section and some error message came up preventing me from posting.
thank you

hi m8 wat do u mean u cant download ...do u mean u cant access it from thid site or do u mean wont flash..give us a lil more infro and we try n help ...bigfella,,,m8 heres a simple tutorial for u or anyone else..u need to download the firmware from the link above or goto stickys or goto download section'''''u can download this on to a usb stick.. first u have to flash ur box u do this by .... put the usb stick into the bac of ur box.. goto menu ..goto usb.. goto where it says 1.07 and press remote and wait for it to download to box
once you have flashed the new firmware go into the menu and do a factory reset(default).
Rescan the box choosing your local cable provider.(N*L etc) (Choose english-autoscan)
Once the channels have saved, exit out 3 times.
Press menu and then 1570 you will go into another secret menu.
Highlight the default key and press ok.
Then scroll down to the emu (key code)and turn it on.
Exit out and put your box onto a S*y sp1
Wait for it to update. This may take a while.
You should be now all up and running...hope this helps ...bigfella

mrglowe
8th February, 2009, 03:05 PM
hi m8 wat do u mean u cant download ...do u mean u cant access it from thid site or do u mean wont flash..give us a lil more infro and we try n help ...bigfella,,,m8 heres a simple tutorial for u or anyone else..u need to download the firmware from the link above or goto stickys or goto download section'''''u can download this on to a usb stick.. first u have to flash ur box u do this by .... put the usb stick into the bac of ur box.. goto menu ..goto usb.. goto where it says 1.07 and press remote and wait for it to download to box
once you have flashed the new firmware go into the menu and do a factory reset(default).
Rescan the box choosing your local cable provider.(N*L etc) (Choose english-autoscan)
Press menu and then 1570 you will go into another secret menu.
Then scroll down to the emu (key code)and turn it on.

tyvm, i meant i wasnt able to download the download, cos i was new i think, problem solved now, got it downloaded. unlocked all the channels. only prob is this morning i had to go and turn the emu on again, is this normal to have to kept doing it. i notice you say go to s sports 1 after flashing it, i dont think i did, could this be where the problem lays??
tyvm

bigfella
8th February, 2009, 03:12 PM
tyvm, i meant i wasnt able to download the download, cos i was new i think, problem solved now, got it downloaded. unlocked all the channels. only prob is this morning i had to go and turn the emu on again, is this normal to have to kept doing it. i notice you say go to s sports 1 after flashing it, i dont think i did, could this be where the problem lays??
tyvm
no really any channel with the dollar sign shud be ok ......when u turn ed the key code on did u press the default button as well? try that ...if not do a factory reset ....if u need instructions of how to do this askand i ll post u some ..hope this helps ..bigfella

mrglowe
8th February, 2009, 05:24 PM
no really any channel with the dollar sign shud be ok ......when u turn ed the key code on did u press the default button as well? try that ...if not do a factory reset ....if u need instructions of how to do this askand i ll post u some ..hope this helps ..bigfella
it didnt come up saying default, where can i find this pls, tyvm for yr help.

bigfella
8th February, 2009, 06:15 PM
1570 on remote ..opens secret cas menu...then turn keycode emu on then above keycode is default ..press ok on remote on default and it will say savin then goto sly sports and shud be ok if not do a factory reset

mrglowe
8th February, 2009, 07:13 PM
ty n sorry for all the questions. i am looking to spilt the signal into 3 different rooms, will this affect the strength of the signal. also will it mean we will have to watch the same channel in each room or have different, if we have 2 more boxes. just 1 last q, which box would ppl recommend, we have the starview 4 but ive seen ppl talk about a eurovox, which is better?

bigfella
8th February, 2009, 08:09 PM
ty n sorry for all the questions. i am looking to spilt the signal into 3 different rooms, will this affect the strength of the signal. also will it mean we will have to watch the same channel in each room or have different, if we have 2 more boxes. just 1 last q, which box would ppl recommend, we have the starview 4 but ive seen ppl talk about a eurovox, which is better?

probably will affect the strength ..try it and find out ..if it does u cud always buy a booster.............if u have different boxes u can watch different channels,,,,another option rather than buyin boxes would be to buy a av sender....if u look bac k tho the threads u ll see a thread about this and reccommendations wat ones to get......eurovox r a good box,,theres pluses and minus between the two....eurovox takes about 20 mins to scan while sv takes 5 mins ...the epg is better on the vox ... but it s easier to flash the sv 4 tho a usb stick rather usin null modem cables and com ports etc on the vox.......but i suppose if one of the boxes goes down becos they cheange the keys u cud still watch the other.....hope this helps ...bigfella .....m8 why dont u start a thread in the proper s v and eurovox sections and ask ..u ll get a lot more replies :party ::party ::party ::party ::party :

ultimate1
8th February, 2009, 09:54 PM
the image file or the logo file is included ,,,just put in on to a usb stick and put into bac of box ..if u need any other help just ask
When i download all i get is one bin file is that the logo file aswell then m8?? cant load it yet just getting everything ready for when my box comes on Tuesday hopefully! I have done starview 3 loadsa times but never one of these usb ones yet, Seen a few people on here getting things wrong a bricking the things so wann get it right first time lol. Thanks for all help m8

bigfella
8th February, 2009, 10:25 PM
yup logo in with it ...no need to open or anything just download to stick and then put stick into back of box goto usb in menu highlight binfile 1.07 andpress ok wait till it downloads..if uve down sv 3 u kno the rest ....one word of warnin...i ve seen it in other threads ,,brickin is caused by ......bad memory stick....lost of power durin flashin knockin a cacble etc...or by puttinin and removin the usb stick while box is still on.....hopefully u be ok

ultimate1
8th February, 2009, 11:31 PM
Cheers m8 will let you know how i get on

mickeydee03
9th February, 2009, 11:05 PM
I have just taken delivery of my first box. I am a bit if a technophobe so can someone tell me where do I find the current software upgrades?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mickeydee03

bigfella
9th February, 2009, 11:24 PM
m8 u can the lastest firmware either on here on the first post or goto downloads section ..where there is also a tutorial on how to se t it up

uberd0g
14th February, 2009, 01:03 PM
thanks bigfella. i just ordered one of these today :)

kyro
14th February, 2009, 08:15 PM
hey guys hows it goin jus lookin to know is it just as simple as downloadin the firmware to the usb and then pluggin it into the sv box and it works away is there anything else i need to do?i dunno what im supposed to be doin

mrglowe
15th February, 2009, 09:46 PM
OH has been looking on ebay and came across a noise reduction, something about it stops information getting bk toi virgin, are these any good and worth it? or dont it really matter to have one or not

bigfella
15th February, 2009, 10:09 PM
OH has been looking on ebay and came across a noise reduction, something about it stops information getting bk toi virgin, are these any good and worth it? or dont it really matter to have one or not
it s the first i ve heard of these.....the starview does not have a talkback facility so virgin do not kno if u r usin it or have one unless u tell someone and they grass u up:party ::party ::party :.....but it is reccommended u put ur virgin supplied box on a splitter on a live cable feed ,,maybe on standby...in case of updates etc

.hope this helps .bigfella

mimicomm
18th February, 2009, 07:11 PM
hi satsmo. I have done exactly as you told me and now I have 1.07 ver on my starview4. Many thx.

mogogie
20th February, 2009, 03:33 AM
Hi Just ordered mine a few days ago cant wait have the starview the box already.:wink:

belfastdaren
20th February, 2009, 10:42 AM
anyone know how long if ever we will wait to get new firmware from 1.07
im just curious lol

Carbs79
22nd February, 2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Guys

I'm very new to this. Brought my first box ever and have no idea what to do. Can anyone help?

satsmo
22nd February, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum :) As you posted in the Box Super USB thread is that the box you have or is it a different model?

Carbs79
22nd February, 2009, 11:09 PM
I have the super usb box.

I tried to upload the new firmware, and it crashed on me.

The box came up with 8888, then 8882 on the display, then b-01.

Nothing comes up on the tv screen, however after a couple of minutes i can change the channel on the box using the up and down buttons but nothing happens.

I have no idea what to do, actually feel quite gutted as this was my first taste of the starview.

Is there anything i can do to sort it out

Lanxman
22nd February, 2009, 11:29 PM

Nothing comes up on the tv screen, however after a couple of minutes i can change the channel on the box using the up and down buttons but nothing happens.

I have no idea what to do, actually feel quite gutted as this was my first taste of the starview.

Thats normal behaviour for the sv4 "to come up with 8888, then 8882 and then b-01.
I suggest you check your scart cables, certainly sounds like a scart issue. Hope this helps mate. :)

bigfella
22nd February, 2009, 11:31 PM

the fact that the box didnt stay on 8222 means u probably havent bricked it .....it sounds like u havent downloaded the logo file ..as it not comin up.. or is the starview 4 usb logo cumin up??????...will have allok tho threads to see if i can see a link for u
Which logo file for Starview 4 put into search and it will give u a link to where u can download the logo fiule

markimarki
25th February, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hi its been suggested to be that i should install v1.09 as am in Dublin, is that just an Irish version fo 1.07? Has anyone good or bad experience of that release. I am currently running 1.05

Thanks

Mark

satsmo
25th February, 2009, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum. Yes 1.09 is specifically for the Irish market, you will find it here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/box-super-usb-v1-09-ireland-623/

zippy01
2nd March, 2009, 07:49 PM
just downloaded files onto my usb put usb into box without any joy .......any hwould be appreciated as im a novice t these things

zippy01
2nd March, 2009, 08:11 PM
soz to be a pain but my version of win zip wont open file

bigfella
2nd March, 2009, 08:14 PM
soz to be a pain but my version of win zip wont open file

u can download winrar in the pc part of the downloads section that shud open it

bigfella
2nd March, 2009, 08:16 PM
there s a tutorial in the downloads section ,,u need winrar to open it,,u can get winrar in the pc section in downloads as well ..heres another tut ......
u need to download the firmware from the link above or goto stickys or goto download section'''''u can download this on to a usb stick.. first u have to flash ur box u do this by .... put the usb stick into the bac of ur box.. goto menu ..goto usb.. goto where it says 1.07 and press remote and wait for it to download to box
Press menu and then 1570 on remote you will go into another secret menu.
Then scroll down to the emu (key code)and turn it on.< > on remote

bigfella
2nd March, 2009, 08:17 PM
Try this m8

Lanxman's Tut

Step 1) Plug in the starview 4 and attach the cable feed to the cable input on the back of the box.

Step 2) download the required firmware for the box from digital kaos (downloads section, under starview) currently the required firmware is version 1.07 and place both the firmware and the logo files on to a usb pen drive.
Step 3) Insert the usb pen drive into the usb slot at the back of the box and then flick on the power switch also at the rear of the box, and power the box on with the remote.
Step 4) press menu on the remote and scroll down to the usb option and hit ok, here you will see the files on the pen drive. Highlight the logo file and press ok. Repeat this with the 1.07 f/w file.
Step5) Once the firmware and logo files have loaded onto the box go into menu and key in 1570 with the remote, This will bring you to the secret menu. Highlight keycode and change it to ON.
STEP6) Now you?re all set to scan go back into menu and highlight installation and choose automatic scan hit ok and choose the provider for the area you are in (i.e NTL TW EX C&W and so on) Select the correct one and hit ok. The box should now pick up the desired channels. Should it not pick anything up try the scan on a different provider.

Lanx.

lol beat me to it

zippy01
2nd March, 2009, 08:18 PM
thanks lads but by a fluke we have done it .....thanks for a geat site

bigfella
2nd March, 2009, 08:21 PM
nice one m8 hope u enjoy usin ur box....hope u take a lil time to a have a good look tho the rest of the site ..theres so much more than just the cable section.....all the best //..,, bigfella

jaykay1975
9th March, 2009, 01:07 PM
Hello all - I'm another newbie, who has been pointed to this DK forums for answers to all my StarView questions.

My Virgin Cable connection gets installed tomorrow, and I am planning on buying the Starview 4 box, because I've heard it is the easiest (least hassle) to update.

So I have 2 questions:

I know that there is a tutorial that has been uploaded by Laxman, but when I try to download it, I'm told I dont have permission, any idea how I get permission to download the file, and also to download current/future firmware?

Second question - I have read quite a few articles on the web from people who have "bricked" their unit... can anyone recommend a better alternative to the Starview ... something thats easy to update, and has userfriendly functionality.... with PVR capability (I'm not bothered about HD, as Virgin dont have mnay HD channels right now anyway).

Thanks in advance for your help - reading some of the previous posts and the advice people provide, I can see why this site comes highly recommended!

boomer39
9th March, 2009, 05:02 PM
you need to post 5 before you can download, introduce yourself, etc. just follow advice and you wont go wrong, only ever had a sv3, so cant comment on others, but had very little trouble in 12 months. ynwa

gmb45
9th March, 2009, 05:06 PM
Hello all - I'm another newbie, who has been pointed to this DK forums for answers to all my StarView questions.

My Virgin Cable connection gets installed tomorrow, and I am planning on buying the Starview 4 box, because I've heard it is the easiest (least hassle) to update.

So I have 2 questions:

I know that there is a tutorial that has been uploaded by Laxman, but when I try to download it, I'm told I dont have permission, any idea how I get permission to download the file, and also to download current/future firmware?

Second question - I have read quite a few articles on the web from people who have "bricked" their unit... can anyone recommend a better alternative to the Starview ... something thats easy to update, and has userfriendly functionality.... with PVR capability (I'm not bothered about HD, as Virgin dont have mnay HD channels right now anyway).

Thanks in advance for your help - reading some of the previous posts and the advice people provide, I can see why this site comes highly recommended! eurovox are fairly easy m8, and to download u have to wait about 10 mins after your first post to allow server time to update.

Sam2287
9th March, 2009, 08:15 PM
im a newbe to this, so i dont know what im doing, iv just brought The Box Super 4 and need the updated firm ware for it, how do i go about doing this? please help

Sixstrings
11th March, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hi guys another newbie getting his post count up for 1.07. I got my box y'day. Tried 1.05 with no luck, premium was just blank screens. Im hoping 1.07 will work cus followed tutorials but still good!

Sixstrings
11th March, 2009, 02:31 PM
Ps. I have noticed some people talking of another file, splash or logo or something. Will I need it? Thanks!

Lanxman
11th March, 2009, 07:11 PM
Ps. I have noticed some people talking of another file, splash or logo or something. Will I need it? Thanks!

Yeah mate you will have to put it on the box along with the firmware. I uploaded the logo file last night, You'll find it in the downloads section, However I would check first to see if it's not already on there sometimes the boxes come with this already on. :)

boomer39
11th March, 2009, 11:47 PM
Yeah mate you will have to put it on the box along with the firmware. I uploaded the logo file last night, You'll find it in the downloads section, However I would check first to see if it's not already on there sometimes the boxes come with this already on. :)

yes, check usb first. done a few sv3s but did 2 sv4usb yesterday,spent ages getting stuff on pen(i,m useless with winrar).finally got it on and did box.no probemo. thourght i try 2nd usb before, and hey presto,already on. magic. suppose its down to supplier. had similar thing with my sv3,s. hope this helps. ynwa

craneview
3rd May, 2009, 10:31 PM
hi
all hope this fixes my epg haven't been able to see whats on for a week lol

saam77
4th May, 2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks i will tray it

hi
all hope this fixes my epg haven't been able to see whats on for a week lol
me too i am having the same problem:afraid:

bigshak
6th May, 2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks i will tray it

me too i am having the same problem:afraid:

i have been using this software since it got released and the epg is the only concern other then that its fine

gazza2008
6th May, 2009, 07:37 AM
i dont have a SV4 but i heard from another place

if you go 2 epg and press green button then everything should be ok.

if it works plz leave feedback

mrmarr
7th May, 2009, 05:04 PM
thank you very much im new to this and hope it works

desidunda
12th May, 2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks SATSMO got my box today and with your firmware as well as instructions from this forum my box is up and runnuing with no probs at all.
A big up to all the guys for their help and advise.
Thank you all

matthewahough
27th May, 2009, 04:33 PM
hi, i'm new to this, just bought a starview 4 but told i need to download firm ware could anybody advise where to get it from please

mtv1
27th May, 2009, 04:39 PM
here mate goto downloads click on starview you want v1.07 in uk good luck

mtv1
27th May, 2009, 05:07 PM
i see you found what you were looking for a simple thank you would be nice :mad:

hegacork
3rd June, 2009, 02:25 AM
anyone have firmwatr yo work on SV4 in Ireland?..Box went last week. any help wud be nice

moon480
3rd June, 2009, 10:04 AM
hi i have baught star view4.how can i start viewing all channels.at the moment its showing only free to air.if u can plz help me

boomer39
3rd June, 2009, 11:15 AM
download latest firmware,1.07, onto usb stick then follow instuctions in manual...all info on the stickies. ynwa

kcnbob
3rd June, 2009, 12:27 PM
Hi sorry if this has been posted before but I'm new to this, I was wondering, Is it possible to watch another channel whilst recording, I read somewhere about a loop cable but nothing has been mentioned since and was wondering if this works, if so where do I get one from and how do I install it??
Thanks so much for any help..
Ken

mtv1
3rd June, 2009, 12:35 PM
not too sure m8 have a look at this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/starview-4-box-super-usb-pvr-any-good-22029/#post108302

kcnbob
4th June, 2009, 09:31 PM
not too sure m8 have a look at this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/starview-4-box-super-usb-pvr-any-good-22029/#post108302

Ok thanks for the Info, I'll have a look now :)

rodderz
5th June, 2009, 12:12 PM
am having trouble with my box i loaded v1.07 but still no channels apart from free to air. Any1 have any ideas

mtv1
5th June, 2009, 12:14 PM
have a look here m8 http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/box-super-usb-v1-07-22-12-08-a-19539/ good luck

bigmac63
5th June, 2009, 01:04 PM
hi can any one help i seem to av take the software off my starview 4 box wen i put the memory stick in i pressd sumtin that i shudnt av i dont no nothing bout theses things lol could sum one tell me the software i need 2 av nd how i put it on the box plz many thanks

mtv1
5th June, 2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/box-super-usb-v1-07-22-12-08-a-19539/ here yo go m8

kcnbob
6th June, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help, I have the Starview 4 The Box Super USB running firmware 1.07, living in Newcastle and the keycode is set to default and is turned on, but when I want to watch channel 124 (Watch) or 538&539 (Setanta sports 1&2) they dont come up ie a black screen.. Do i need a new code or something?
Thanks for any info;
Ken :)

dondada
6th June, 2009, 04:33 PM
Is 1.07 still the most recent update?

boomer39
6th June, 2009, 09:31 PM
a big yes........................

akki
6th June, 2009, 10:59 PM
Hi guys!! I have v1.07 on my sv4 , is anybody know what is the lastest firmware at the moment, ???? all channells are working fine but only few r not working, like sony tv asia and Matv etc:cheer:

hairazor
7th June, 2009, 04:49 AM
Hi all, just want to say thanks for a brill forum. Set up a SV4 USB today with your help.
Keep up the good work

dondada
7th June, 2009, 10:20 AM
Hi guys!! I have v1.07 on my sv4 , is anybody know what is the lastest firmware at the moment, ???? all channells are working fine but only few r not working, like sony tv asia and Matv etc:cheer:

Quite a few of my channels have never worked, despite the 1.07 update. I have Virgin Media but some of the channels which come through my normal box don't come through on SV4.

I wasn't too bothered (although I could really do with CBeebies which doesn't work) but now my Setanta Sports have gone...any ideas anyone?

Any help greatly appreciated.

dondada
7th June, 2009, 10:40 AM
Quite a few of my channels have never worked, despite the 1.07 update. I have Virgin Media but some of the channels which come through my normal box don't come through on SV4.

I wasn't too bothered (although I could really do with CBeebies which doesn't work) but now my Setanta Sports have gone...any ideas anyone?

Any help greatly appreciated.

There's me looking for some new firmware and I'll I've done is a fresh automatic scan which has picked up a lot of channels. Some are duplicates, one of which doesn't work but that's fine! Wish I'd known this yesterday but there you go!

Cheers.

mitzmitz
7th June, 2009, 02:08 PM
hello... really new to this... brought a box super usb... im told i need to get some software to view all channels... any help would be really appreciated... maybe an idiots guide?? xx

mtv1
7th June, 2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/box-super-usb-v1-07-22-12-08-a-19539/ have a look here m8

satsmo
8th June, 2009, 12:02 AM
Page 1 now updated to version 1.10.

gaz108
8th June, 2009, 12:40 AM
need to post to download file!
Will be back if any problems!!

caveman_nige
8th June, 2009, 12:41 AM
need to post to download file!
Will be back if any problems!!

why not post an intro why you wait...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/new-forums-how-make-your-first-post-couple-other-helpful-tips-30279/

thehuddle
8th June, 2009, 03:51 PM
first of all thanks have got half the channels back not able to get movies or sports am i doing something wrong thanks again

mtv1
8th June, 2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/box-super-usb-v1-07-22-12-08-a-19539/ did you put in latest filmware

thehuddle
8th June, 2009, 04:08 PM
i downloaded TheboxSuperUSB_V1.10.BIN and done a factory reset then turn emu on then channel scan

mtv1
8th June, 2009, 04:09 PM
what box u got m8

thehuddle
8th June, 2009, 04:19 PM
starview usb

mtv1
8th June, 2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/starview-4-fix-ng2-ireland-uk-40580/ you need this filmware now were talking

thehuddle
8th June, 2009, 04:27 PM
ill try this not to sure what im doing thanks for your help

mtv1
8th June, 2009, 04:41 PM
just put it on flash drive connect it to usb port back of box and down load it to box simples

thehuddle
8th June, 2009, 04:51 PM
tried that again but can still only get half the channels

namtheman
8th June, 2009, 07:11 PM
thanks man, downloaded, new to this, hope it works!

namtheman
8th June, 2009, 07:12 PM
ok now, i can't download it as i need to post more on the forums, how many more before downloading....hmmmm

namtheman
8th June, 2009, 07:13 PM
i might just put it up on torrent or rapidshare account for others to download, maybe it's on torrents. let.s see

mtv1
8th June, 2009, 07:16 PM
do what u like m8 but why not tell everyone its here and share the dk exp.

namtheman
8th June, 2009, 07:16 PM
how the flip do you thank someone here on the forum?

mtv1
8th June, 2009, 07:18 PM
like that m8 hit the thanks button end of post

khan102
8th June, 2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks, it is very helpful indeed

namtheman
8th June, 2009, 07:34 PM
like that m8 hit the thanks button end of post

Hi mate, thanks for the "thanks" help. For sure, i think linking to the forum i shall do. thanks....now...how do i update firware

1. Got THE BOX SUPER USB- Starview 4.
2. Got latest firmware 1.10
3. Transfer to USB stick - ( does this usb stick be empty? )
4. Stick it into usb on THE BOX (backside - powered off)
5. Turn on Power

6. Press menu
7. Type in 1570
8. Select "Set Default Key"
9. Change KeyCode to "on"
10. Exit

Is this right? Have not done so, will do in 10 mins if i get reply here

mtv1
8th June, 2009, 07:40 PM
you have to download file to box but ya good luck m8

roc741
8th June, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cheers mate. Will give it a shot

niamho
8th June, 2009, 10:47 PM
Any chance this software will work on SV3 (The Box Super(non USB))??

satsmo
8th June, 2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry but no this is only for the Starview 4 USB.

bigshak
8th June, 2009, 11:25 PM
satsmo im loving the new firmware thanks man its the best so far imo

satsmo
8th June, 2009, 11:30 PM
Not mine thanks go to the authors. Yes it seems to be the most stable of what has been a lot of revisions.

Salmanazar
9th June, 2009, 12:01 AM
Hi,
I'm struggling to install the new firmware. When I try and execute the loading of the file I get the following error message:

"It is not a file of this IRD"

Apologies if I am wasting people's time and doing something fundamentally wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

S

satsmo
9th June, 2009, 12:13 AM
Do you have a Starview 4 USB or are you trying to flash it to another model of Starview?

Sorry just seen that you do have a Starview 4. Did you do a factory reset first and then load the bin file. When inserting HDD or Mem stick please make sure box is powered down from main switch on the back of the box. Then power box up and go to HDD via the remote.

.: JaCkPoT :.
9th June, 2009, 12:23 AM
Satsmo mate..your a genius, this file has had No effect on me but just read through some of your posts in this thread! Well done mate!

satsmo
9th June, 2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks Sadiq genius should be reserved for others ;) Ask my wife am I a genius I am sure she could find a more suitable reference :)

Right bedtime goodnight and take care.

martin-f
9th June, 2009, 01:54 AM
i can report that the epg is very good here i the uk in my area
thanks to all involved

Glynn831
9th June, 2009, 10:20 AM
My box stopped working today hope this fix sorts it out, thanks for the time and effort guys.

Just re-flased my box with the new firmware and i'm back up and running...........THANKS guys your just the best.

bigshak
9th June, 2009, 12:07 PM
satsmo im loving the new firmware thanks man its the best so far imo

i switched my box on today as usual and i have lost sly spots 1 and 2 and 3 :( also sly modern, i only the other day did a full factory reset and scan and new firmware so im a little peed off about it...any ideas guys? im in birmingham uk tw

Glynn831
9th June, 2009, 12:59 PM
i switched my box on today as usual and i have lost sly spots 1 and 2 and 3 :( also sly modern, i only the other day did a full factory reset and scan and new firmware so im a little peed off about it...any ideas guys? im in birmingham uk tw

The same happened to me I had Firmware version 1.07 on and had only limited channels so put Firmware 1.10 on rescanned checked KEYCODE was on and I'm up and running again.
Might sound a little stupid....but............. have you tried rescanning? also have you done the MENU 1570 and making sure that KEYCODE is turned on?

mtv1
9th June, 2009, 01:08 PM

moving transponders is a way of getting you peed off just do what u did before u dont have to update filmware just make sure you have the latest one stick with it m8 good luck :D

thehuddle
9th June, 2009, 03:46 PM
thanks for the help yesterday finally got the box up and running.i wasnt going into hidden menu and setting the default key thought you only had to turn emu on. thanks again

Salmanazar
9th June, 2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the help. Had a few more repeated attempts and it looks like the problem is the file extension being "BIN rather than 'bin'. Doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense but when I renamed it, it worked first time.

:confused:

All done now though.

Thanks

S

undercoverjamil
9th June, 2009, 07:45 PM
funny i just noticed this new firmware today.

can i just ask what does this one give you over 1.07 in the u.k.

admoson
9th June, 2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the educational material

boomer39
10th June, 2009, 12:04 PM
funny i just noticed this new firmware today.

can i just ask what does this one give you over 1.07 in the u.k.
apparently epg is more stable, and works faster. so satsmo says..ynwa

brenwall
10th June, 2009, 04:01 PM
Starview 4 not working in ireland for months....going to give this v1.10 a try....fingers crossed....cheers

kennytabs
10th June, 2009, 04:25 PM
Works a treat m8, back in business thx satsmo,
newie in cork.

percy
10th June, 2009, 04:49 PM
My box is stuck on Info data being updated

mtv1
10th June, 2009, 05:06 PM
reflash it m8 hit default key good luck

undercoverjamil
10th June, 2009, 06:06 PM
apparently epg is more stable, and works faster. so satsmo says..ynwa

alright but the only difference i have noticed so far is that when u press epg it does a full download itself.

mullinz94
11th June, 2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks a mil up and running in cork

mullinz94
11th June, 2009, 08:59 PM
Latest firmware release 05/06/'09, for the Box Super USB, (SV4). Version 1.10

Contains Nagra 2 fix for Ireland. Can be used in both the UK & Ireland. Please see link for change log

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview 4 USB Version 1.10 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/starview-4-usb-version-1-10-723/)

Thanks up and running in cork. Well done.:dancing2::dancing2::cheer:

dragon77
11th June, 2009, 09:09 PM
Can anyone recommend this box? is it easy to flash

boomer39
11th June, 2009, 11:26 PM
Can anyone recommend this box? is it easy to flash
a big yes on both counts...ynwa

undercoverjamil
12th June, 2009, 05:58 PM
since i got this firmware my sky channels have gone e.g sky screen 1 and 2 and sky comedy and all of those ones with sky at the beginning. shll i go back to version 1.07?

satsmo
12th June, 2009, 06:12 PM
They are not firmware related, VM have been moving transponder frequencies around. A factory reset and rescan should get them back. Do not forget to turn your keycode back on.

There has been one bug report on the 1.10 version, looks like the record from EPG function has gone, as was the case in earlier firmware revisions. That is if you are using timed recording from the EPG. The instant record function still works.

If you are in the UK which I know you are I would stick with 1.07 for the time being.

kcnbob
12th June, 2009, 07:21 PM
thanks for the firmware guys!! :D

mtv1
12th June, 2009, 07:35 PM
thanks for the firmware guys!! :D

why not stick around help others join us on chatbox m8:D

whatmaz
12th June, 2009, 07:47 PM
i have a 8882 error can anybody help?

rugby39
12th June, 2009, 08:06 PM
thanks lads for the update, can anybody confirm if the managed to get the sly an setan and mov back up in Ireland with this fix for iew 4starv

undercoverjamil
12th June, 2009, 08:28 PM
They are not firmware related, VM have been moving transponder frequencies around. A factory reset and rescan should get them back. Do not forget to turn your keycode back on.

There has been one bug report on the 1.10 version, looks like the record from EPG function has gone, as was the case in earlier firmware revisions. That is if you are using timed recording from the EPG. The instant record function still works.

If you are in the UK which I know you are I would stick with 1.07 for the time being.

yeah thanks. I will stick with 1.07 because i really used the timed recordings. i need it to record wwe ppvs in the night.

undercoverjamil
12th June, 2009, 08:30 PM
Your box is bricked m8, prob due to bad flash or removing usb stick whilst flashing the box.

You can try and get your supplier to exchange it for you or you gonna have to use this Tailor-Made Circuits (http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=54)

There is no other way to sort this box out, have a read of some of the 8882 threads.

JoK

i didn't no u can get these boxes bricked and quite a few times i had to turn the box on when i was flashing the box or took the memory stick out, but nothing has happened to my box.

mtv1
12th June, 2009, 08:38 PM
i didn't no u can get these boxes bricked and quite a few times i had to turn the box on when i was flashing the box or took the memory stick out, but nothing has happened to my box.

be careful what you wish 4 m8 its like a motherboard one bit of static bang u ~~~~ed always switch off box before removing memory stick :D

alfie786
12th June, 2009, 08:47 PM
thanks V much hopefully te sports channs come back

undercoverjamil
13th June, 2009, 03:12 PM
be careful what you wish 4 m8 its like a motherboard one bit of static bang u ~~~~ed always switch off box before removing memory stick :D

You been lucky then m8, have a read at some of the 8882 threads and you'll see, the missus bricked mine other night when a was flashing new f/w, a made her fix it herself, well she broke it lol (a did give her advice on what to do)

;) JoK

alright, but yesterday i reflashed my box and it crashed a 34% of downloading, so i had to switch it off from the main.
i guess there are some things u have to do.

oh yeah @ mtv1, i liked the way u said "bang u ~~~~ed" reminds me of a similiar wordhttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

and @Jok r u serious about your box getting bricked and then brokenhttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif

undercoverjamil
13th June, 2009, 03:23 PM

oh yeah i am still using v1.10 and for me it looks like the timed recording is still there?
or does it just show that orange kind of red thing but not record at all?

undercoverjamil
13th June, 2009, 06:44 PM
lol yes it did get bricked m8, but broken in the sense that it did not work cos it was bricked, bricked=broken if you see where am coming from, it is working now ;)

I too have had to switch off at back in the past and the box has been fine, the missus bricked/broke the box cos she removed the USB while a was flashing box.

JoK

alright. it looks like if my box ever gets bricked i just need to ask u how to fix ithttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

romster
13th June, 2009, 07:02 PM
oh yeah i am still using v1.10 and for me it looks like the timed recording is still there?
or does it just show that orange kind of red thing but not record at all?

Have you checked the epg recording now on V1.10. I too use this feature and am holding off upgrading at the moment so would be interested to know?

The reason I want to upgrade is that I hear the epg is better so hopefully I wont have to keep manually downloading the epg everyday.

jaybee137
13th June, 2009, 10:17 PM
Just joined this forum and hoping to load up my latest purchase a Digiview 4 the box super usb..
Thanks for any hints +tips and to all contributors to this forum
JB

kcnbob
14th June, 2009, 01:53 AM
Hi, I've updated my box to 1.10 but since I have I cant record a thing - I have read about not being to record via the EPG but you can record by physically pressing the record button but I cant do either.. what should I do?
Also is it possible to record one channel and watch another - I heard a rumor somewhere that you can if you but the correct equipment (i think its a loop cable)
Thanks for any information! :D

gazza2008
14th June, 2009, 09:11 AM
Hi, I've updated my box to 1.10 but since I have I cant record a thing - I have read about not being to record via the EPG but you can record by physically pressing the record button but I cant do either.. what should I do?
Also is it possible to record one channel and watch another - I heard a rumor somewhere that you can if you but the correct equipment (i think its a loop cable)
Thanks for any information! :D

hello m8

make sure ya USB hard drive is plug in properly or formatted as if not it wont record....

as for watching 1 rec another ya can with a loop cable but its not reliable....If u have freeview built in2 ya tv u can do it that way eg;

watch itv on ya tv rec sky sports 1 on ya box

but u can not record on ya box and turn ova on it as well

hope this helps m8

kcnbob
14th June, 2009, 09:40 AM
thanks for the info regarding the loop cable.
as for the recording, the Hard drive was working before I updated the firmware and have formatted using the format feature on the box but no luck.. should I just reflash the box with 1.07 firmware or will this cause other problems..
Thanks! :D

undercoverjamil
14th June, 2009, 12:24 PM
Have you checked the epg recording now on V1.10. I too use this feature and am holding off upgrading at the moment so would be interested to know?

The reason I want to upgrade is that I hear the epg is better so hopefully I wont have to keep manually downloading the epg everyday.

not too sure. Just shows that orange thing when u tell it to time record. I will be able to tell u on Tuesday, because that is when i told the box to time record.

undercoverjamil
14th June, 2009, 12:26 PM
thanks for the info regarding the loop cable.
as for the recording, the Hard drive was working before I updated the firmware and have formatted using the format feature on the box but no luck.. should I just reflash the box with 1.07 firmware or will this cause other problems..
Thanks! :D

check there is enough space left in your usb

romster
14th June, 2009, 01:52 PM
UNDERCOVERJAMIL- thanks.

KCNBOB - When you say it worked before the update then surly you took the USB out to update so make sure the USB stick you record on is properly inserted as one of the other members suggested. If that fails you might have to reformat the usb stick and then try it again. HTH

kcnbob
14th June, 2009, 03:35 PM
Hi thanks for the advice but
I use the hard drive i always use, this means that I use it to load firmware to update the box but I also use this to record 'stuff' too, the only time its ever unplugged is when I transfer the firmware from my computer to the hard drive, since then it's not been unplugged at all, I have watched a program on the box that I had recorded prior to updating the firmware but I cant record at all, and there's 27.95GB free with the 1.10 firmware on (its only an old iPod hard drive taken out of a broken iPod and put into its own enclosure, making it a external hard drive in its own right), this worked before updating but just nothing will record now, I have even tried formatting with no luck either... :S

philrae
14th June, 2009, 05:33 PM
Many thanx for the info about the firmware for sv4, i will download v1.1 when am allowed....looking forward to getting my box up and running properly

hairazor
15th June, 2009, 06:14 AM
Thank you and all the best, keep up the good work.

romster
15th June, 2009, 01:05 PM
Hi thanks for the advice but
I use the hard drive i always use, this means that I use it to load firmware to update the box but I also use this to record 'stuff' too, the only time its ever unplugged is when I transfer the firmware from my computer to the hard drive, since then it's not been unplugged at all, I have watched a program on the box that I had recorded prior to updating the firmware but I cant record at all, and there's 27.95GB free with the 1.10 firmware on (its only an old iPod hard drive taken out of a broken iPod and put into its own enclosure, making it a external hard drive in its own right), this worked before updating but just nothing will record now, I have even tried formatting with no luck either... :S

I think it might be better to roll back to previous firmware version then, until there is a stable new build which resolves the recording issues which seem to exist.

satsmo
15th June, 2009, 01:15 PM
Good advice, I said something similar a few days ago http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/box-super-usb-v1-10-june-2009-a-19539/index13.html#post208720 if you are in the UK stick to 1.07 for now.

christo79
15th June, 2009, 04:15 PM
Hello, got fimware version 1.07, and having problems with epg, its not a big thing but have to download this everytime i turn the box on its pissing me off a bit now, and it also goes blank around 11pm is that normal ? Thanks

Eleanor
15th June, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hi Tried this in Meath ireland, only the basic pack comes in. No S*Y Sports or movies.

gazza2008
15th June, 2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Tried this in Meath ireland, only the basic pack comes in. No S*Y Sports or movies.

have u turned the EMU on

menu 1570

i fink its KEYCODE make sure its ON

set default key

undercoverjamil
15th June, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hello, got fimware version 1.07, and having problems with epg, its not a big thing but have to download this everytime i turn the box on its pissing me off a bit now, and it also goes blank around 11pm is that normal ? Thanks

i have the same problem. it might just be the area if u r in england, as i had the same problem with older firmwares.

mej2904
15th June, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hi,
I'm a total noob but thanks to all of the graet information on this site i managed to install a starview 4 box at the weekend and with v1.10. I'm out of the dark ages now. Thanks Guys and Gals, keep up the good work

romster
15th June, 2009, 08:03 PM

This is a known problem. I posted a message about this before. I was hoping v1.10 would fix or make the EPG more stable but if you have read this thread you will see that there are issues with not being able to record for some so I'm sticking with 1.07 and downloading the EPG everyday. I figure I can live with this more than not being able to record. For now they are the choices we have.

scooby28
15th June, 2009, 08:18 PM
I have installed a SV4 with in 15 minutes today (with out any problems) thanks to everybody willing to share what they know. Thanks to the team at DK. :party:

SalisburyChap
15th June, 2009, 10:10 PM
This is a known problem. I posted a message about this before. I was hoping v1.10 would fix or make the EPG more stable but if you have read this thread you will see that there are issues with not being able to record for some so I'm sticking with 1.07 and downloading the EPG everyday. I figure I can live with this more than not being able to record. For now they are the choices we have.

Just updated from V1.07 to V1.10. I can record manually but not from the EPG. Should have read the thread to the end before diving in. Oh well, back to V1.07 for a while; I'm sure someone is beavering away at V1.11 as we type :D

undercoverjamil
16th June, 2009, 04:31 PM
yeah u can't record from epg. It just goes onto the channel at the time but can't be bothered to record. Back to v1.07 until something better comes out.

2410davie
16th June, 2009, 07:40 PM
1.10 is a bit of a pain mine downloads the EPG every time you press the dam thing...lol, went back to version 1.70 for now.

If you tell me what I need to edit the Firmware (i.e. program) i'll give it a go and see what I can do to help out guys??

Cheers Davie

gazza2008
16th June, 2009, 09:32 PM
RITE so peeps are compaling in the UK of recording problems

the V1.10 FIX is really for IRELAND to fix there ng2....

IF you are in the UK yo do not need 2 put this fix on ya box v1.07 will work np in UK....the epg works beter as well

sinisa95
17th June, 2009, 09:10 PM
hi everybody i tryed to download new firmware for star view 4 and it says that i have not got access can anybody help me with that please or any links where i can download it from
thank you

maca
17th June, 2009, 09:15 PM
hi everybody i tryed to download new firmware for star view 4 and it says that i have not got access can anybody help me with that please or any links where i can download it from
thank youyou have to wait for the server to up date normally about 15 minutes in the mean time why dont you have a good look round the forums while your waiting m8.. maca

pascal666
18th June, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hi I just updated my box with

TheboxSuperUSB_V1.10.BIN

it's works fine:hahaha:

gixertrixter
20th June, 2009, 09:32 PM
I installed v1.10 today and I get the majority of cannels back but I don't get the movie channels, anyone got any suggestions?

satsmo
20th June, 2009, 09:39 PM
Are you in the UK or Ireland?

RedDevilDub
22nd June, 2009, 12:12 PM
Excellent stuff. This has just made my day. Have 2 of these boxes collecting dust in my house. Nice one for the new firmware post Satsmo and Digital Kaos. You have made a lot of Irish people very happy!

selbow
23rd June, 2009, 03:32 PM
Anybody know if v1.10 firmware just gives you the basic channels in dublin???.. put it on today still no sports or movies..

coco24
23rd June, 2009, 04:48 PM
thanks very muchDownload:

satsmo
23rd June, 2009, 04:59 PM
Page 1 updated to latest release.

kingmuff
23rd June, 2009, 08:11 PM
brilliant saves me the hassle of buying the krytview

peterg65n
24th June, 2009, 11:04 AM
thanks for file does this replace the 1.10 file again thanks for files keep up yhe great wok

mtv1
24th June, 2009, 11:09 AM
yes m8 temp work in progress

freshmen
25th June, 2009, 12:14 PM
hello, mate im new to this , and i i just buy starview4 super usb and some of the scan channels are blank..... is anybody can help me...... thank you

satsmo
25th June, 2009, 12:43 PM
hello, mate im new to this , and i i just buy starview4 super usb and some of the scan channels are blank..... is anybody can help me...... thank you

You will find a guide by Lanxman here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/) also take a look through this section there is lots of info.

eyeballs
25th June, 2009, 01:06 PM
thanks for the updated fix....works a treat

PaulCler
25th June, 2009, 07:11 PM
So funny because I just told a girl at work today not to buy one because all the channels were scrambled. will try the new update.

gixertrixter
25th June, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hi Stasmo, sorry for not coming back, I am in Ireland and I am going to try the beta version now

christo79
26th June, 2009, 12:43 AM
Think i will stick with 1.07, its not to bad downloading epg everyday only takes a minute or two, just making sure i wasnt the only one with this problem, thanks

Zabarina
27th June, 2009, 12:49 PM
Try scanning in the evening some channels dont appear till after 7.00 pm gmt

Daxoon
28th June, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Folks, In West of Irl, - all channels were working on Super 4 USB, with 'TheboxSuperUSB_V1.10.BIN' firmware. BBC1 & 2, UTV and Chanell 4 now gone. Any similiar experiences. Daxoon

mtv1
28th June, 2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/box-super-usb-beta-23-06-09-a-19539/ try this one m8

Lynetted24
29th June, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hi Satsmo
Im trying to download the file for the super box usb, its not allowing me to do this can you help please?

Thanks
Lyn

mtv1
29th June, 2009, 06:15 PM
wait a few mins 4 server to update hi

gmb45
29th June, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hi Satsmo
Im trying to download the file for the super box usb, its not allowing me to do this can you help please?

Thanks
Lyn 10-15 mins wait after your first post m8, have a look round while u wait, and welcome to dk,

mimicomm
29th June, 2009, 09:38 PM
I want to thank you Satsmo for a new software for my The Box Super USB. It works perfect and I have all my 140 channels back!!!
Great job Satsmo.:congrats:

jason mooney
29th June, 2009, 10:10 PM
can any1 help have been trying to download no luck:hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

maca
29th June, 2009, 10:18 PM
you have to wait for 15 minutes after your first post for the server to up date. in the mean time why not have a good look around the site .....

sarya
1st July, 2009, 10:51 PM
Latest firmware release 23/06/'09, for the Box Super USB, (SV4).

Contains Nagra 2 fix for Ireland. Can be used in both the UK & Ireland. But I would advise sticking to 1.07 in the UK as there is a glitch in the firmware and will not allow advanced EPG recordings.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - TheboxSuperUSB_BETA (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/theboxsuperusb_beta-750/)
thanks alo

ceeme
2nd July, 2009, 05:39 PM
HI I am a newbie here i have read the threads and i'm trying to download the latest firmware for super box usb.
At present I am unable to do so can anyone direct me to where i can get the latest firmware.
thanks in advance

Cee

ceeme
2nd July, 2009, 05:41 PM
hi i have just seen Maca58 response to Jason's posting ( same question)
thanks again

Cee

undercoverjamil
2nd July, 2009, 07:58 PM
hi i have just seen Maca58 response to Jason's posting ( same question)
thanks again

Cee

don't mention it
(taking credit 4 someones elses thing feels good http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif)

michealnoone
2nd July, 2009, 11:35 PM
Can't wait to get channels back. Lost without them. Thank you...