PDA

View Full Version : diagnostic tool

counder2000
15th March, 2011, 04:18 PM
i want buy universal diagnosis but i check on net the latest one HXH scanner is it ok and have use it and they comppare with pc max , ktx ,x431 c168 . this model no 1

madaload
16th March, 2011, 03:26 PM
If you just want to read cars output, diagnose fault codes and clear the engine management faults, then why not buy the cheap ELM327 interface. I have this one http://tinyurl.com/4nzjlnw (http://tinyurl.com/4nzjlnw)and I'm absolutely happy with it. All you'll need to do is buy ELM ScanMaster software or buy directly the tool and the software from wgsoft.

If you decide to go pro and spend a lot of cash then I don't think there is a universal solution for all cars. There's always something that can be done only with the help of a specialized tool for any given vehicle. I just bought the OP-COM interface myself, because I have an OPEL and ELM327 can't do things that OP-COM can.

nicole99wu
18th August, 2011, 08:45 AM
i want buy universal diagnosis but i check on net the latest one HXH scanner is it ok and have use it and they comppare with pc max , ktx ,x431 c168 . this model no 1
yes, I am agree with the madaload, you can try the elm327 1.4...

eddie8
19th August, 2011, 01:21 PM

If you are looking for a good universal scan tool to do diagnostic work that works on all makes and models then i would recommend a scan tool from snap on tools, OTC tools or the launch X431. If you just want to work on one car line only then go with a factory tool.
Just using a tool to read fault codes and clear memory resets then there are countless tools you can buy. They are generally called code readers.

Buying a scan tool all depends on how in depth you want to go in repairing vehicles. The deeper you go the more expensive it gets. Hope this helps. Good luck.