PDA

View Full Version : chip names help pls

zdan3h
16th March, 2011, 12:35 AM
Hello DK ppl:)
I bet there is a lot of ppl (noob) like me that have a problem with reading chip names i know that rl56 is 93c56 then why go through all the trouble giving chips 2 different names ... i have a 07 Honda Odyssey module in front of me and i cant figure out what name is on it i think i have to buy a microscope to see all the tiny numbers ... maybe some one has a pic i can use or something ? o identify that i am looking at a right chip ... Im using iprog and today i did Toyota module and 05 maxima with no bigger problems ...

Can someone kick me in the right direction? maybe there's a link with the names of chips? airbag module chips of course :)

!!!!!!!!!!! HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

martij976
16th March, 2011, 01:51 AM
07 Odyssey - TSSOP 95640 mate...

zdan3h
16th March, 2011, 02:03 AM
07 Odyssey - TSSOP 95640 mate...
thx man i checked but it looks like my iprog cant read this for some reason i cant find 95640 in my eeprom chip name list can some one confirm this? are all hondas have same chip name ? or is it only odyssey ?

this was a module for a friend no money in it and i still cant fix it :( .... maybe someone has any ideas ? im running out of time

zdan3h
16th March, 2011, 02:16 AM
Im using iprog with ETsmart softwear

martij976
16th March, 2011, 02:41 AM
Those chips are in multiple newer honda cars. Not sure about different cars.
I don't know iprog.. I'm using upa and carprog without problems.
Also to connect this chip U have to get some micro grabbers. Check this forum:http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f170/help-read-eeprom-95640-a-190818/
cheers

zdan3h
16th March, 2011, 03:01 AM
micro clips i got those its about that chip name but i'll try something 2morrow i need to get some sleep and go to work thx guys i'll see u later

rrador
16th March, 2011, 04:31 AM
i think you can read that as 25640

zdan3h
16th March, 2011, 10:45 PM
nope did't work for me it should be ok one of my friends mailed me same name but still thers a problem i guess i just need more expirience i think i need to lift some pins but do i de solder them or what ? or do i buy that 1/4 attachment to the heat gun ?

... when i connect first 4 its shows ok and they stay that was but when i connect 5 6 7 and 8 then thers a problem ... 6 and 7 are usually not connected but it reads/writs any wayz problem is with 5 and 8 i can only connect one cuz if i connect both then they show not connected
does any one know what to do ? pls help out :)

martij976
17th March, 2011, 07:05 AM
Mate! I'm serious... U have to connect all those pins correctly. Which means to get Yourself a good quality grabbers...., or microscope! Those chips are readable on the board. Than U have to buy an UPA! (original of course)
cheers

zdan3h
17th March, 2011, 01:59 PM
yea i was thinking about one i did search ebay cheapest one i found arer around 30 bucks and those are digital ... do u have something better in mind ? maybe u could show me a pic or something ? thx m8