PDA

View Full Version : BMW E60 525d DPF off help

neuro
18th March, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hi guys, I need help with disabling dpf on bmw e60, tried to remove it using ecusafe but in service on display still is error about dfp needs to be regenerated at dealer. In attachment bdm readings.
Thanks in advance for help.

macxlulu
19th March, 2011, 09:36 AM
31.03.2010. I-Drive patch added. Now after removal of DPF, when I-Drive shows DPF failure, this notice will disappear from I-Drive main screen

http://www.ecusafe.com/assets/images/bmw_idrive_dpf_failure.JPG

In some cases I-Drive shows an error of DPF. It is common, that if such error is not cleared at BMW service station after DPF removal, it will stay in presence at main screen. New patch, that removes error from I-Drive is added to ECUsafe > -------after about 20 min of engine working)-----------< . With this patch, ECU will communicate with I-Drive to clear that error screen. If you have such situation in any BMW already done with ECUsafe, please process ECU memory once again with newest DPx update to solve this. See photo above - I-Drive with error present.

neuro
19th March, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi, thanks for reply, now when I plugged it ecu back, before we disconnect battery for around 24hours, I reprogrammed ecu and connect battery now I got transmission error and I can start engine, starter working but tries to run car without effect, and my question is, maybe is something wrong after programming, I already restored original ecu settings from backup, but this error is still present, so anyone know solution or give me directions what is going on. I have inpa cable and just need to setup gt1 virtual machine thing. Pictures below.

mariooo
20th March, 2011, 07:43 AM
Your file is equal to this .. and let me know if you want to test hello

The file you put here on the forum is original?

neuro
20th March, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hi, yes it`s dump from bdm. it`s something wrong with that file ?
Thanks anyway for mod.

soundnavigator
20th March, 2011, 10:14 AM
neuro, try with this file and report me. If you have error again maybe need from BDM file for the correct remove the DPF.

Best regards.

neuro
20th March, 2011, 12:16 PM
neuro, try with this file and report me. If you have error again maybe need from BDM file for the correct remove the DPF.

Best regards.

soundnavigator what u mean BDM file, it`s bdm dump which I posted on the beginning, will try both of them, but now I neet to start the car first. After disconnecting battery from car I got problems to run it even on virgin dump.

soundnavigator
20th March, 2011, 01:28 PM
This is not BDM file, it's a OBD read ( attached in first post ).

neuro
20th March, 2011, 02:19 PM
This is not BDM file, it's a OBD read ( attached in first post ).

that one
bmw.zip (619.3 KB, 6 views)
is dump from bdm, version 3.1.0.1255
what u thought it`s obd read ?

soundnavigator
20th March, 2011, 02:33 PM
Maybe I am in error, but I think that this is not full BDM file. In the beginning there was only FFFF ... so I think it is read in OBD.

Best regards.

mariooo
20th March, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hi, yes it`s dump from bdm. it`s something wrong with that file ?
Thanks anyway for mod.

You wrote off the dpf file I sent?

If all goes well then you have to write ok? okay if others can use it if they need - hello

neuro
20th March, 2011, 03:32 PM
mariooo already tried file from soundnavigator but problem is the same car. Cant start engine, fault with fuel pump and transmission error appears on I-Drive, when I wrote all ecu content from backup it starts again, In couple of mins I`ll dump complete ecu readings.
Regards and thanks for help.

neuro
20th March, 2011, 04:01 PM
Here, complete readings from bdm.
When I uploaded to ecu file with dpf off, I got transmission icon on dashboard and fuel pump, when I write single file back, car starts without any problems.

doud77
22nd March, 2011, 08:48 AM
Neuro, i don't know which bdm tool you use but it looks you have a checksumm problem!! Try to ask somebody to recalculate the checksumm of the file after having used ecusafe with you ori file.

sl4ck
22nd March, 2011, 08:58 PM
Both EcuSafe and BDM calculate checksum

doud77
22nd March, 2011, 10:16 PM
sl4ck, ecusafe calculate checksumm only on edc15, no edc16 or edc17...
i think there is a problem in BDM checksumm calculation, that's why i asked neuro which type of BDM tool was used...:D

neuro
23rd March, 2011, 11:13 PM
I`ve ordered another BDM and we will see. It should be with me in around week coz it`s straight from China, so i`ll keep inform you guys about progress.