wiseman
19th March, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hi,
need original dump for this car,
93c46 eprom

regards

dashradio
19th March, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hi, what is the problem ? Not adding up ?
Manual or auto ? Petrol or Diesel ?

wiseman
19th March, 2011, 08:58 PM
Hi, what is the problem ? Not adding up ?
Manual or auto ? Petrol or Diesel ?

Petrol 2l 6cyl, manual.

tried to read on pcb, safe no immo in chip, everytime i try to clip on to the chip the Handheld cuts out,as soon as i unclip it, it comes back on, checked for bridging solder etc, checked the cable.
So put the clock back into car and no odometer reading is now shown.
Think my adapter board is faulty. who knows

drpeter
19th March, 2011, 09:15 PM
Petrol 2l 6cyl, manual.

tried to read on pcb, safe no immo in chip, everytime i try to clip on to the chip the Handheld cuts out,as soon as i unclip it, it comes back on, checked for bridging solder etc, checked the cable.
So put the clock back into car and no odometer reading is now shown.
Think my adapter board is faulty. who knows

try this mate, don't know what it exactly was but you can try.

IS200 1999 dump

wiseman
19th March, 2011, 10:34 PM
try this mate, don't know what it exactly was but you can try.

IS200 1999 dump

read it and adjusted on handheld just dont know why it keeps shorting out when cliping it on. Let you know how i get on

Thanks mate

drpeter
19th March, 2011, 10:46 PM
read it and adjusted on handheld just dont know why it keeps shorting out when cliping it on. Let you know how i get on

Thanks mate

You can also try to read onboard, done it a lot of times works perfect.

See pictures.

wiseman
19th March, 2011, 10:53 PM
You can also try to read onboard, done it a lot of times works perfect.

See pictures.

i did read on board but from other side, pull the large centre speedo out then, unclip the plastic chassis for the rest of the dails to come off the PCB.
I accessed the chip from that side, eprom legs are covered in blue resin type stuff you must remove, then read on board with soic 8 clip.

I have seen people do it the way you do it with the nyo4 programmer

drpeter
19th March, 2011, 11:06 PM
i did read on board but from other side, pull the large centre speedo out then, unclip the plastic chassis for the rest of the dails to come off the PCB.
I accessed the chip from that side, eprom legs are covered in blue resin type stuff you must remove, then read on board with soic 8 clip.

I have seen people do it the way you do it with the nyo4 programmer

What programmer do you use? You can use diga with the picture I sent you. Solder a couple of wires then you are sure the connections are fine, or remove eprom. I think you have a connection problem.

wiseman
19th March, 2011, 11:16 PM
What programmer do you use? You can use diga with the picture I sent you. Solder a couple of wires then you are sure the connections are fine, or remove eprom. I think you have a connection problem.

Used TU, think i need to pinout the board, and check the clip and cable. The original digi Boards and clips are so much better made.. Its defo not the handheld

drpeter
19th March, 2011, 11:20 PM
Used TU, think i need to pinout the board, and check the clip and cable. The original digi Boards and clips are so much better made.. Its defo not the handheld

Yes I think so , clip and cables are often faulty. Good luck.
You can check the cables, connections with a multimeter if you have one.

wiseman
19th March, 2011, 11:56 PM
Yes I think so , clip and cables are often faulty. Good luck.
You can check the cables, connections with a multimeter if you have one.

will do, let you know i get on, thanks for the advice

dashradio
20th March, 2011, 01:02 AM
Hi, here is a miles dump as I think DrPeter's will be in Km. I had one last week that was not displaying, the display pin had not seated down correctly. I had to re-seat it and press it in very firmly.

wiseman
20th March, 2011, 03:26 AM
Hi, here is a miles dump as I think DrPeter's will be in Km. I had one last week that was not displaying, the display pin had not seated down correctly. I had to re-seat it and press it in very firmly.

Thanks, i think drpeters will work i have adjusted it already, il take a look at your one too.
How do you mean the display pin wasnt seated down? the pins for the LCD part werent in correctly?, i may need to check mine if thats the case.

dashradio
20th March, 2011, 02:14 PM
Lift up the face and press down on the display pins, a bit like when you do a Landcruiser you have to make that the display is fully down into the display socket.

wiseman
21st March, 2011, 05:35 PM
Problem sorted,
Soic 8 Cable was faulty as suspected, Trying to read the chip with this cable caused the chip to blank itself.
Thanks for everyones help
Special thanks to milesbetteroff for his help fixing the cable

gabeneil
12th June, 2011, 12:47 PM
hi everyone, had problem using tacho pro 2008 , cant read the eeprom 93c46 at ic6 of dashboard,
i tried to use the advice of dr peter , to use couple of wires to connect onboard,
but still no success, and tried to remove eeprom and read it using soic clip, but still cant read the right value, it shows 000000.
it seems like the files are corrupted or my Tacho pro handheld is faulty? i replaced my soic clips to new one so that i can get better connnection to ic chip, but still reading 000000.
What shall i do next? i need help ! I havent try to transfer dump files to soic8 ( is200 lexus automatic '99). Can anyone help to give me dump file and tell me on how to transfer using tacho pro
Thanks in advance.

digimile
12th June, 2011, 03:08 PM
hi
for all soic , dip, mcu use upa usb from elrasoft always give good read out and atleast u know where u are making changes.

thankx

gabeneil
12th June, 2011, 03:40 PM
hi
for all soic , dip, mcu use upa usb from elrasoft always give good read out and atleast u know where u are making changes.

thankx
Thanks for your advice, Im looking forward to buy this item, but i need schematic for cables connections and guide.