PDA

View Full Version : Help with sat scan

RobertArm strong78
19th March, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hi

I lost signal on some channels so i decided to rescan on 28.2 but i stilk cant seem to pickup movies and some sports in hd. I think i have changed the lnb frequency and cocked it up.

Can anyone tell me what the default options should be in antenna setup ?

Also should i do a blind scan ?

Its really puzzling me, when i look up certain frequencys on lyngsat i simply cant get a signal ?

Any thoughts ?

hooley
19th March, 2011, 09:03 PM
Lnb setting should be set to universal 9750 - 10600
maybe try loading a channel list

RobertArm strong78
20th March, 2011, 07:28 PM
Still cant get all channels i am afraid.

Currently I have the LNB frequency correct but in my transponder list 12324mhz 29500 v ( ESPN HD ) I have grey bars.

any thoughts ?

RobertArm strong78
20th March, 2011, 07:31 PM
If i do a factory reset will i just lose the lines or will i have to reupdate the firmware ?

hooley
20th March, 2011, 08:14 PM
If i do a factory reset will i just lose the lines or will i have to reupdate the firmware ?
you shouldnt have to do a factory reset to get those few channels to work. could there be a problem with your signal?
Have you another box that you could try in its place?

RobertArm strong78
20th March, 2011, 08:33 PM
i havent, i could try the box on my other sat feed in the lounge ?

hooley
20th March, 2011, 10:45 PM
i havent, i could try the box on my other sat feed in the lounge ?

Ya, at least you could work out is it the box or your signal is the problem.

kevhky
22nd March, 2011, 12:04 AM
Robert ive come across this problem many times before even having the problem myself

The problem is the tuner within the box is very tempremental

Heres an example
My openbox box was working without problems, sky engineer came out intalled new dish and lnb as part of my hd upgrade, when i checked signal levels on my sky box afterwards it was the best its ever been

I re plugged up the openbox using a feed from the new lnb / dish and guess what, i lost a load of channels like yourself

I was gobsmacked a much much better signal, all new equipment and i lose channels

I decided to take it upstairs to try another feed off the same dish/ lnb and everything was fine

The feed i tried downstairs i hooked up a dreambox and that worked without problems so i know it wasnt a bad feed

Conclusion = openbox tuner is pretty shit and unreliable and for this reason there needs to be a firmware fix

Kev

RobertArm strong78
25th March, 2011, 01:54 PM
oh right thanks kev, what i might do is order a spiderbox and move my openbox downstairs then. I can then use my openbox for simple sly and have my main setup for the spiderbox.

Thanks again