PDA

View Full Version : IP camera

ces
22nd March, 2011, 12:59 PM
I bought an ip camera (foscam) & I want to run it on linux (debian) as i have a media server running 24/7 makes sense to run it on there. The bundled software that came with the unit runs on windows IE as it need active x controls to operate all the functions but there is no active x browser apart from IE. Any one have any ideas or point me into the correct direction where to go with this, I dont want to be spending extra money on any software if there is a work around.

Any help much appreciated

ces

testune
22nd March, 2011, 04:45 PM
The only software that I think you can use is zoneminder. I have not had a lot of luck with this software (with a panasonic ip camera thou) and found it a bit difficult to set up correctly if at all. Somebody has wrote a script for Foscam but I dont think the sound works.
hxxp://durdle.com/archives/2011/02/26/zoneminder-control-module-for-foscam-fi8918w/
(Replace xx with tt)
Probably your best bet would be ask on the forum at Zoneminder.com as someone will be able to help you there.

ces
22nd March, 2011, 07:46 PM
Ok Testune thanks very much for your reply, I will check out zoneminder, not really bothered about the sound not working but if it does then its a bonus. I just need to get this camera working & recording.

ces

Armagedon007
22nd March, 2011, 09:00 PM
Thnx for helping me !

tomvleeuwen
15th June, 2011, 10:42 PM
I like kmotion over zoneminder, check Kmotion (http://www.kmotion.eu).
I couldn't get zoneminder working with any of my 3 IP camera's, and kmotion works out of the box.
I also tried motion (the backend used by kmotion), it works fine as well but I need the web frontend.

bill4676
15th June, 2011, 11:13 PM
wife uncle got one of these went spain on holliday and could see how was coming going in his house in uk shithot piece of equipment