PDA

View Full Version : key rolls 4/12/08

trevor1969
10th December, 2008, 05:15 PM
i find it strange that for weeks vm were rolling keys up to 4 times a day .then now there have been none since the 4/12/08.i wonder if vm think to them selfs that they have done all they can for now ,but as a result of all the said key rolls they are satisfied that all sv1 users can now not update there box thus there are thousands more potential customers that may now subscribe ,i feel its a good result for vm .just my thoughts what do you all think :dontknow:

dank76
10th December, 2008, 05:17 PM
they have done it to try and get the newbies out before xmas

trevor1969
10th December, 2008, 05:31 PM
true and its worked even i know of 3 tits that have binned there sv1 and subscrbed to them now or upped there package or have at least got great deals from vm ,

wooper
10th December, 2008, 05:48 PM
My Mrs was badgering to go back to VM, I said wait a day or two.

Must be many who did.

Look at all the posts on here, people who cannot flash the box.

trevor1969
10th December, 2008, 09:35 PM
in 3 months time you will read vm increases its customers fair play to them i say,

Papag
11th December, 2008, 05:40 PM
Does it cost Vermin Media much money to roll the keys ? if so what's the estimated cost as this may be the answer why they haven't rolled since the 4th

Curious123
11th December, 2008, 11:49 PM
They haven't rolled as they know the fixes are out on the internet and the real hardcore dodgy boxes users have fixed their boxes and are no longer bothered by the keyroll but those that have not fixed their are not likely to get their boxes fixed either due to cost or lack of knowledge.

Papag
12th December, 2008, 09:44 AM
They haven't rolled as they know the fixes are out on the internet and the real hardcore dodgy boxes users have fixed their boxes and are no longer bothered by the keyroll but those that have not fixed their are not likely to get their boxes fixed either due to cost or lack of knowledge.

Cheers for the reply it makes sense, just interested to know if a Key roll is an expensive operation for VM.

kamul1971
12th December, 2008, 03:13 PM
prob not has they have a list of key changes in the software they use its easiy to change a key at a push of a button they only cost was buying the software and hardware in the first place would be my guess

Papag
12th December, 2008, 03:57 PM
prob not has they have a list of key changes in the software they use its easiy to change a key at a push of a button they only cost was buying the software and hardware in the first place would be my guess

I heard that when they change the keys this also impacts on legitimate subscribers and they have to alter settings on those as well making it a time consuming / costly exercise