PDA

View Full Version : Money advice

Buzzard
24th March, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hi,
I need to ask members if the benefits offices / tax man in the Uk, look for savings in Ireland?
anyone to help?

the man
24th March, 2011, 08:00 PM
if its under 6k then your fine iirc, also if you dont tell them about that account they cant find out

super jumbe
24th March, 2011, 08:09 PM
Most banks are now connected with the Govt benefit offices how much money you are talking aboutmate?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Snowy79
24th March, 2011, 10:58 PM
You'd be surprised how much the Government agencies share our information so it's your shout.

Lainie
25th March, 2011, 12:24 AM
dont know bout tax office but if you are only claiming contributions benefit ie jsa or esa any amount of savings doesnt matter for the first 26 weeks.

mark8393
25th March, 2011, 01:24 AM
if you have kids, stick it in account for them, higher rate of interest, got 4 accounts in my boys name

Elric
25th March, 2011, 01:38 AM
il look after it for ya ;)

dan29
3rd April, 2011, 03:19 PM
if its under 6k then your fine iirc, also if you dont tell them about that account they cant find out

i m not 100% sure but i think they can find out
if its a lot put it in another acount in a mates name (get a good mate to open an acount that requires a passbook an signuture (leeds building society does this) then you keep the book (you cant withdraw with out it )

super jumbe
3rd April, 2011, 06:08 PM
If I were you I would buy few premium bonds worth 1 millions pounds and if you win few more millions you can donate to dk.

:captain:

daithi
3rd April, 2011, 07:52 PM
money advise
i call it fraud
and your first post should of been in the introduction section

no wonder the irish and british government are dishing out so much on social welfare
with all the scamming going on in it
theres people working full time paying there taxes
and paying for there mortgage
and havent twenty pence in savings

are here you are coming on here looking for advise
ya obviously have a few quid saved if your that worried

Lainie
3rd April, 2011, 10:35 PM
i didnt realise it was their first post