PDA

View Full Version : volvo s60 2.4t mpps

pablo1971
25th March, 2011, 11:43 PM
hello,has anyone read the ecu file from this car with mpps....i did try,but it came up with "put pin34 to ground and then un ground"....

i believe i have to remove the ecu and bench flash...has anyone done this with mpps....

:party:

levisdj
27th March, 2011, 08:05 PM
BDM read is most recomanded with this type of ECU

pablo1971
27th March, 2011, 08:44 PM
i appreciate your reply...i have a bdm clone,and im not 100% in using it if im honest.....

pvl
27th March, 2011, 10:49 PM
Hi Pablo,

Could you tell us, what numbers there are on the eculabel ? Or even better, take a picture and post it over here ?
There are 2 versions of ecu's for this car, so that will tell us what version you have.

I have over here 2 S60 ecu's laying around from a friend. And will test my mpps tool if it can connect and read-out.

BDM readout is not possible for both types of ecu's. Ifso, please post-up a pic with the bdm-pads on the print. It will be a revelation to the volvo-chiptuners ;)

Cheers,

PvL

pablo1971
27th March, 2011, 11:19 PM
thanks for the reply,this is all i have at the moment...any help is much appreciated....got the car coming in later this week

pvl
27th March, 2011, 11:55 PM
These will be tested soon with mpps.

Cheers,

Pvl

pablo1971
28th March, 2011, 12:03 AM
cheers pvl,ive got a wiring pin diagram on its way,and like i said mpps says to earth and un earth a ecu pin before it lets you read ecu info.......i take it this would be a main ecu pin.and not a eeprom pin...

thanks again pablo

pvl
28th March, 2011, 12:13 AM
As soon as you have that diagram in, post it up over here.

Bootmode relates to the mode of the flashrom. 1 pin is grounded while power is engaged on the ecu (ignitionkey-pin). Then a low-level communication is possible, just like the ME7.1 and ME7.5 ecu's from vag via galetto interface.

Search the net for bootmode, and you will find some interesting pictures and articles. Byteshooter and optican have alot of info abouth several ecu's as also yours and mine, how to hook-up. MPPS shall also use these same pins for communication.

Cheers,

PvL

bgcomp80
28th March, 2011, 12:21 AM
@Pablo this means that you have to work in boot mode, open the ECU and find the eprom flash, put the pin 34 of the flasd to ground to enter bootmode, after that you can read/write .
You`ll find more info here . (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5126429-Reading-Writing-ECU-files)

It`s safer to use the BDM and in this case if you still need to open the ECU is the same work .

pvl
28th March, 2011, 11:52 AM
Before we continue this thread :

"It`s safer to use the BDM and in this case if you still need to open the ECU is the same work . "

Show me please, the BDM-pads inside a ME7.x.x ecu. And show me the program that supports ME7-BDM.

If no can do, please stop making any suggestions that these ecu's can be done via BDM.

The only 2 ways i know of, are : via OBD (expensive) and via bootmode (less expensive (the interface), more efford).

So stop that BDM-chitchat, or throw me a scematic/pad-pinout of it, then we'll discuss that point of view.

A solderjob or MPPS via bootmode are the cheapest and quickest way to modify these volvo ecu's.

Cheers,

PvL

pablo1971
28th March, 2011, 10:10 PM
thanks for the replys...esp bgcomp80 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/227913-bgcomp80/)....ive got the car tomorrow so will be ripping ecu off and giving it ago....so let me get this right....ecu on bench...power ecu up.and put pin 34 to ground....then release ground to start boot mode......i take it if i remove the power after boot mode and reconnect then boot mode will end...also is it ok to use a battery...or am i better with another power source,

thanks again.

bgcomp80
29th March, 2011, 11:01 PM
You need a battery but don`t let the voltage drop below 11.5V .

adam12112
21st May, 2011, 10:49 AM
These will be tested soon with mpps.

Cheers,

Pvl
HI
I have the same ECU, are you tested already? I am looking for information how read/write .
Regards