PDA

View Full Version : Engine trouble

lydo33
10th December, 2008, 07:12 PM
I've got a 1999 BMW 318 and its hard to start in the mornings. It feels like when you are starting it, that its not getting any petrol or something. Or maybe something to do with lack of oxygen???

When i start it and press on the gas, the revs shoot up and down for a while and after about 5 to 10 mins of running it goes fine.

Anybody know what the problem is? i just paid 200 quid to get my suspension fixed last weekend and can't really afford to pay out another fortune, especially at this time of year!

krazylegz
10th December, 2008, 07:21 PM
could be the choke not working properly

lydo33
10th December, 2008, 07:24 PM
could be the choke not working properly

i thought that as well mate, so i gave the gas a couple of pumps before i started it. it was still the same.

any other ideas? i've not really got a clue about cars at all, if u'v not already noticed! haha

hagis
10th December, 2008, 11:33 PM
Start with changing the spark plugs and fuel filter see if that makes any difference.And wont cost a fortune :driver:

jack462
11th December, 2008, 12:35 AM
hi,my merc got same problem, i clean the distributer/ n made grooves for breathing at bottom it worked.

dctyper
11th December, 2008, 10:42 AM
it wont have a dizzy. I would suggested the spark plugs 1st, then the fuel filter. maybe evven cleaning the throttle body out.