PDA

View Full Version : Virtumonde Files

patkins
27th March, 2011, 01:48 PM
I was doing a routine scan with Spybot S&D and though I've seen them before and out of idle curiosity I googled Virtumonde and was amazed to find that this is not welcomed on a running system. My computer has 790,000 files to be scanned with spybot and at least, the very least, there are 100,000 files under Virtumonde.
My question is- should I leave well enough alone or should I follow a guide given-click start-search-all files and folders-type virtumonde files-select local hard drives-click search and then delete the results?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Messa
27th March, 2011, 02:16 PM
I was doing a routine scan with Spybot S&D and though I've seen them before and out of idle curiosity I googled Virtumonde and was amazed to find that this is not welcomed on a running system. My computer has 790,000 files to be scanned with spybot and at least, the very least, there are 100,000 files under Virtumonde.
My question is- should I leave well enough alone or should I follow a guide given-click start-search-all files and folders-type virtumonde files-select local hard drives-click search and then delete the results?
Thank you in advance for your help.

You absolutely need to get rid pal, I once worked on a system with it and it was a bugger to remove, hope this helps....

VirtuMonde.c - Easily Remove, Solution w Fix (http://www.auditmypc.com/virtumonde-remove.asp)

spondulick
28th March, 2011, 12:04 AM
i had this on my system about 2yrs ago ended up cleaning hard disk and reloading windows.

AbsoluteFire
29th March, 2011, 08:31 AM
Yep one of the bad ones. You never seem to be completely rid of it. We would normally suggest a reload for that one.