PDA

View Full Version : Remote control on Openbox

Adam_UK
27th March, 2011, 08:00 PM
I have several boxes and one of them is openox, in others boxes if I am watching a channel and want to move to another channel say Sly sports I press the letter S on the remote and this takes me to all channels starting with S. This feature is not available with open box remote control, is there a way to add this feature? In another thread Hooley suggested a learner remote but can a learner remote add a feature that is not in the original remote control?
Any suggestion is appreciated, I like the openbox but it is the remote which is putting me off using it.

dell_xps
27th March, 2011, 08:29 PM
Sure only way to do that is press find on remote, select S, box pops up with every prog starting with S m8.

Adam_UK
27th March, 2011, 08:38 PM
Sure only way to do that is press find on remote, select S, box pops up with every prog starting with S m8.
I know this find button way but it is very slow way to move channel.

dell_xps
27th March, 2011, 09:11 PM
M8 for ?80 its still a cracking box, im sure
you can live with that :-)

kevhky
27th March, 2011, 09:18 PM
M8 for ?80 its still a cracking box, im sure
you can live with that :-)

Exactly :)

bernado
27th March, 2011, 10:12 PM
Unless you discover some hitherto unknown S9 remote function, you're not going to be able to add new functionality.
The remote is generally a bit rubbish though (got the new v3). I replaced it with a Harnony 300 learnng remote, for less than ?20. It controls upto 4 devices once synched via PC. Amazingly, the Openbox was listed as a known device so codes already set up - Who would have thought!