PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Router ro DSL

SoheilTasharrofi
28th March, 2011, 05:02 AM
Hello mates,

I am so bad in networking. I have a pinavid DSL, which connects two computers in my house to the internet. But, now in hope of connecting more devices to the internet I have bought a TP-Link router. The problem is that, I can not give the internet from the DSL to the router.

Can anyone help me on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

SoheilTasharrofi
29th March, 2011, 05:37 PM
No one s going to help me? Is my question so stupid!!!

oneman
29th March, 2011, 09:58 PM
Are you on cable or ADSL, you need to make sure your have the correct type of router for the type of connection you have.

If its cable then you just need to connect the virgin modem to the router, reboot the modem and that should be it.

If its ADSL you will to have the userid and password your ISP uses for your connection. Depending on who your ISP is, it may be easy or tricky. For example Sky are apparently a pain to deal with. Check your ISP website help section. They may have details on how to setup your own router.

SoheilTasharrofi
31st March, 2011, 12:18 AM
Are you on cable or ADSL, you need to make sure your have the correct type of router for the type of connection you have.

If its cable then you just need to connect the virgin modem to the router, reboot the modem and that should be it.

If its ADSL you will to have the userid and password your ISP uses for your connection. Depending on who your ISP is, it may be easy or tricky. For example Sky are apparently a pain to deal with. Check your ISP website help section. They may have details on how to setup your own router.

Thanks mate,
I will check and will inform you for further assistance.

Thanks again!!!

periodus
19th May, 2011, 01:36 PM
Some ISP use the modem MAC address to identify you. If your router doesn't work try MAC address clone.