PDA

View Full Version : huge tree

ottsie
28th March, 2011, 10:59 PM
hey anyone know the best way to chop a huge tree down from my garden?? its a fur tree!!!!

Grizz
28th March, 2011, 11:48 PM
yes, but to be honest if you havent done it yourself before, it might be safer to get someone who has. when you say huge what do you mean? has it room to fall without hitting anything?
this is what happens if you dont know what you are doing...

YouTube - Tree Removal Gone Wrong! HA! NOW THIS IS FUNNY!!

Elric
28th March, 2011, 11:56 PM
also the tree might have a TPO on it

Naturenet: Tree Preservation Orders (http://www.naturenet.net/trees/tpo.htm)

mishu_b
31st March, 2011, 03:39 PM
for this operation you need few friends to help you.
1. anchor the tree with 2 ropes at more than half of the tree highest (depends how big is the tree you will need some meters of the ropes)
2. put at list 2 friend to keep the ropes very close - tension - but in the same time to take care about the tree
3. start to cut the tree from the opposite direction than the friends are tension the ropes - and in the same time to push the tree in your direction - means your friends come closer to you (step by step)
4. in this way you will control the direction for falling the tree

I hope is it helpful for you!

atb

Grizz
31st March, 2011, 06:37 PM
just for your own protection mishu_b, id be very careful about giving tree felling advice without knowing how competent the person is or how big the tree is. (also i wouldnt have any other people anywhere near a "huge" falling tree! maybe thats just me lol)

gr123
2nd April, 2011, 10:00 AM
just for your own protection mishu_b, id be very careful about giving tree felling advice without knowing how competent the person is or how big the tree is:fisheye::celtictop::celtictop:. (also i wouldnt have any other people anywhere near a "huge" falling tree! maybe thats just me lol)

Phone the local council and ask their advice.

ottsie
2nd April, 2011, 11:39 PM
thanks for all your advice!!!! i think im gonna ring the council and ask them to chop it down

C64
3rd April, 2011, 12:19 AM
Just this week I dropped a Fir tree in my back garden.

My plan was to start at the top and work my way down, but the branches were so tightly knit that I had to chop away a lot of the lower ones to make room for me to climb. After I had done this, the tree looked a serious mess , so I ended up dropping the full thing, branch by branch.

You will not believe the amount of tree I have in my back garden, it'll take me months to clear.

stihl260
9th April, 2011, 05:48 PM
for this operation you need few friends to help you.
1. anchor the tree with 2 ropes at more than half of the tree highest (depends how big is the tree you will need some meters of the ropes)
2. put at list 2 friend to keep the ropes very close - tension - but in the same time to take care about the tree
3. start to cut the tree from the opposite direction than the friends are tension the ropes - and in the same time to push the tree in your direction - means your friends come closer to you (step by step)
4. in this way you will control the direction for falling the tree

I hope is it helpful for you!

atb

Has to be one the worst bits of advice ever given,lol
So because its under tension and it snaps back (hitting you in the face, breaking your jaw and pushing your skull (whats left of it into your brain , you die).
the only upside it will be so quick you wont feel much.

Take it from someone who actually trained, qualified and has worked on trees for a living, just pay someone who knows what there doing to do the job safely and they will be fully insured.

stihl260
9th April, 2011, 05:51 PM
Just this week I dropped a Fir tree in my back garden.

My plan was to start at the top and work my way down, but the branches were so tightly knit that I had to chop away a lot of the lower ones to make room for me to climb. After I had done this, the tree looked a serious mess , so I ended up dropping the full thing, branch by branch.

You will not believe the amount of tree I have in my back garden, it'll take me months to clear.

Unless coatbridge is a smoke free zone, you know your gonna set fire to it in the back garden,lol

mishu_b
17th May, 2011, 09:30 AM
Has to be one the worst bits of advice ever given,lol
So because its under tension and it snaps back (hitting you in the face, breaking your jaw and pushing your skull (whats left of it into your brain , you die).
the only upside it will be so quick you wont feel much.

Take it from someone who actually trained, qualified and has worked on trees for a living, just pay someone who knows what there doing to do the job safely and they will be fully insured.

- in this you are the most experience guy, but have a look here - this is the way how I'm solving this issue all the time without any problems.

atb