any fixs?
could it be the hdmi cable?

belfastdaren
29th March, 2011, 09:09 AM
i have noticed the same at times and changing the audio stream dosent help
ty for any replies

hooley
29th March, 2011, 11:29 AM
Iv noticed it also and iv read it on other forums also. If you drop back to Februarys firmware it's meant to solve it.

dekelster
30th March, 2011, 10:49 AM
Can anyone confirm if febs firmware cures this? I also get crackling noises during loud scenes on some channels, notably some HD movie channels. No combination of tv/openbox volume setting cures this.

Seriously considering getting a vu+ duo and moving openbox to another room. Please add a vu section!

hooley
30th March, 2011, 05:00 PM
Ive not tried it, but iv read by a reliable source that the February firmware fixes this. There is no fix unfortunately for the crackling. Ill try the Feb firmware later on and post back

dekelster
30th March, 2011, 07:11 PM
Ive not tried it, but iv read by a reliable source that the February firmware fixes this. There is no fix unfortunately for the crackling. Ill try the Feb firmware later on and post back

ahh sweet! cheers m8

hooley
30th March, 2011, 09:11 PM
Lads, I'm on the 14th march firmware and iv not noticed any lip sync problems. You can check your firmware by going menu-tools- information and it's the last line with version in it.
Hds2-11-03-14:0718 is the one I'm using

dekelster
31st March, 2011, 10:59 AM
Running the same firmware now. Haven't noticed any sync issues :) Still get the odd crackling noises though.

The open box has been a great introduction for me. Soon time to relegate it to the bedroom though and acquire a new receiver.

hooley
31st March, 2011, 11:29 AM
Tis a nice wee box for a second room alright, iv mine in the kitchen and it's great for getting started. If you need any advice on a new box ask away. Iv a vu duo in the sitting room and a clone dm800 in the bedroom. Either of those would be two I'd definetly reccomend.

dekelster
31st March, 2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks Hooley.

Basically I want to make my sly hd box redundant.

So I want a box to record, pause live tv, has a good epg and most importantly is wife friendly!

I believe this has to do with the image I select. An image is like an operating system for the receiver?

Thanks again, oh anyone know whats up with cs-kings site?

mhanbury
31st March, 2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone have a link for the original Feb firmware and not a dump file?

Thanks

hooley
31st March, 2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks Hooley.

Basically I want to make my sly hd box redundant.

So I want a box to record, pause live tv, has a good epg and most importantly is wife friendly!

I believe this has to do with the image I select. An image is like an operating system for the receiver?

Thanks again, oh anyone know whats up with cs-kings site?
The vu duo would do all those things and a lot more also, it's twin tuner so you can record one channel and watch another at the same time, my wife uses ours no bother and she wouldn't be great with stuff like that. It's not cheap but I believe there is a newer model on the way so it might come down in price.

the man
31st March, 2011, 05:37 PM
Lads, I'm on the 14th march firmware and iv not noticed any lip sync problems. You can check your firmware by going menu-tools- information and it's the last line with version in it.
Hds2-11-03-14:0718 is the one I'm using

any updates is it fixed?
i cant find that fw but saw this one
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/new-firmware-15-3-2011-a-195709/ same thing?
btw thanks for all you help in here:party:

hooley
31st March, 2011, 05:48 PM
What firmware are you running at the moment? See my post a few back to check

the man
31st March, 2011, 06:06 PM
newest one , cant find Hds2-11-03-14:0718 you said seams fine

hooley
1st April, 2011, 09:08 AM
Sorry meant to get back to you earlier, this is the firmware I'm using at the moment. It says the 21st but it's different when I put it on.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/openbox-firmware-21-03-2011-a-196688/ remember to dump your channel list and c**am details before you flash so you can put them back on after.

hooley
1st April, 2011, 10:59 AM
Sorry meant to get back to you earlier, this is the firmware I'm using at the moment. It says the 21st but it's different when I put it on.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/openbox-firmware-21-03-2011-a-196688/ remember to dump your channel list and c**am details before you flash so you can put them back on after.

Don't use this one actually, still the same problem. I'll investigate later a different one

mhanbury
1st April, 2011, 03:11 PM
Still on the original firmware HDS2-10-07-11-072AMT. Was going to upgrade to the March firmware but then I heard about the lip sync problem so held off for now. Only reference I can find to Feb firmware are dump files with the channels included.

Would really like to just add the original firmware then by own channel list after the flash.

hooley
1st April, 2011, 10:50 PM
Try this one lads http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f184/45499d1294345946-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-linux-satellite-box-nm_hds2_cmt_1101030405.rar
Its just firmware, no channel lists. Seems to be fine.

mhanbury
2nd April, 2011, 08:58 AM
thanks for the firmware link hooley and everyone else for advice. Will try it on the box later.

I just use my open box in another room and a dreambox dm800 as my main receiver.

bernado
2nd April, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm on that firmware. Lip synch is usually fine, although on rare occasions I have notice it drift slightly on a longer programme. A channel flip up and down resynchs it. The synch of Dolby AC3 audio on ITV HD (London) is pretty unreliable though, so I use ITV HD Granada, which has mpeg audio and is usually fine, the video's a higher resolution on Granada anyway. I've read others with different receivers moaning about ITV HD synch aswell.

hooley
2nd April, 2011, 10:21 AM
thanks for the firmware link hooley and everyone else for advice. Will try it on the box later.

I just use my open box in another room and a dreambox dm800 as my main receiver.

Same as myself, they are a great wee box for a bedroom or second room. If you get stuck, ask away

mhanbury
3rd April, 2011, 09:20 AM
That feb firmware is working great for me and I've not really noticed any lip sync issues. These boxes are so easy to flash compared to dreamboxes. With the dreambox after a flash it normally takes me ages sorting out plugins and settings!

Noticed the cccam client is still 2.1.4 in the feb firmware. Are there any firmwares with cccam 2.2.1?

grungething
29th August, 2012, 09:39 AM
I have only just purchased one of these boxes.

Are these now pretty much redundant?

Looking at the firmware dates it looks as they are really no longer supported.

I have lip-sync problems, but later will be trying to the firmware above to see if it solves the problem. Does this FW work on clones? Just a little worried about bricking it :)